Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3998 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. No subject Oct 26, 2015, 00:14 Mashiki Amiketo

siapnar wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 15:22:
Is this an assumption or is there data suggesting this? Just curious

You can roughly guesstimate it from the amount of sales per-unit on each platform, PC gaming either has eclipsed this year or by next year will eclipse all three consoles in terms of sales. What it means is either there's more people buying a PC while owning a console or making the switch from consoles to PC's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
39. No subject Oct 22, 2015, 23:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Desalus wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:36:

It doesn't take long to find good examples of sexual objectification of women in a lot of different forms of media (including video games). In no way am I saying that any media form should be cast as the bogeyman for societal ills and I don't think Trudeau is saying that either.

In other words, anything that hurts my feelings is misogyny. Which of course is why you're seeing all the rad-fems coming out of the woodwork pressing for censorship of the internet. As for Trudeau? That's exactly what he's saying, atleast until the polls say otherwise.

Razumen wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 16:14:

Are you implying that gender equality and the end of misogyny doesn't contribute to the betterment of a nation?
That's called egalitarianism, however today's modern feminists believe egalitarianism is a MRA construct. Which is why you see a growing number of people not calling themselves a feminist at all, and even more starting to say they don't need it.

Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 17:54:

No, whatever he ends up doing it won't be as bad as Harper. And that's bullshit on Harper walking the walk. Supporting the troops come to mind? Just like his neocon counterparts in the US he's long on talk and short on delivery. Or it's just jive. How did he balance the budget for last year? Selling taxpayer assets at a loss. So really, we lost money. Like Dubya he inherited a country in great shape and proceeded to run it into the ground. He embarassed the hell out of us with his cowboy politicking and did an immense amount of damage to our credibility around the globe. I could go on and on with this but suffice it to say he's the worst thing that ever happened to Canada.
Really? I guess we'll find out. You mean the part where winding down operations, means that there will be budget cuts? Or that there's serious problems with medical treatment at the federal level for vets? That's been on-going for nearly 30 years, but it's sure a lot better than it was. I always liked the budget talking points, then again selling assets at a loss to make up for a budget shortfall has been a normal thing, pretty much forever. Not saying it's right, but that's what it is. Then again, it's not as screwed up as the Liberals in Ontario and their selling of assets for pennies on the dollar.

Oh and he inherited a country in great shape? I suppose that depends, because under the federal liberals jobs started drying up hard. We also had the manufacturing crash under the liberals, and our national unemployment levels in general have been under what was the norm under the liberals during their 12 years in office. You mean he embarrassed you, for those of us who have had enough of the UN whining over things will giving seats on councils and committees to the worst offenders that's even better. And if he was the "worst thing ever to happen to canada" well it's a good thing you're young.

Otherwise you'd know that title would belong to Pierre Trudeau, you know the guy who forced in wage and price controls, setup a national oil company that pillaged the fuck out of everyone's pocket book. That told the other provinces out west: "Fuck you. We're taking the money from the oil and you'll like it." The same guy who got Canada into a hyper-inflation cycle and handed Mulroney a 11.5% unemployment rate. Oh I can go on, if you think Harper was bad, you really don't have any idea.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2015, 23:59.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Oct 22, 2015, 11:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Desalus wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 10:23:

@New Canadian PM says society must stand up to Gamergate…
He also implicates many other forms of media for promoting misogyny, not just video games. It's not like what he's saying is untrue...
That's great, can you find the misogyny in Gamergate? How about in that dirty rock and roll music? Movies? D&D? Rap? Vidya games(again). Yeah, meet the new bogyman for the new generation of idiots. And it's the left that's pulling out the stops as a new generation of authoritarian censors. Makes me glad I'm not a Liberal party delegate anymore, that party was fucked in 2000ish when they decided to ignore delegates, and ignore issues outside of the major cities.

Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:09:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Is he better than Harper? Well, sure anyone is. He's just the Canadian version of Obama, young, talks about hope and change but ultimately won't deliver any of it as he's still just a corporate shill. Once again most Canadians prove they're as dumb and easily duped as their American counterparts.

Worse than Harper. If Harper decided to do something, he did it, said he'd do it and take the lumps for it. Doesn't always mean he was right, and he could be awfully wrong on a lot of stuff. But I like someone who says they're going to do something, and accept the blame for it as well. Trudeau has already shown that he'll listen to his assistants, and blow whichever way the poll data says. That basically means people who make enough noise can set national policy and screw everyone.

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:21:
The amount of tears coming out of the West right now would be enough to ensure California never has a drought for a thousand years.
Doesn't seem to be holding true after last nights SouthPark episode, the amount of salt and tears from SJWs(especially those in SF) on that episode should have been enough to solve not only the drought, but put out every forest fire in the world.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. No subject Oct 19, 2015, 18:13 Mashiki Amiketo

First one kinda obvious. The second...welll...I wouldn't trust anything Jay Carney said, says, or even implies. Not even with photographic evidence, a recorded video, and 20 witnesses.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Preloads
7. No subject Oct 18, 2015, 04:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Fletch wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 04:02:
Not on Steam or GoG? Too bad, so sad.

Why don't you go ask blizzard to sell their games on steam or GoG then? Or make your own service to sell games, and get them to join in. I mean that's a solution right? Oh wait, that's hard work...scratch that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Oct 18, 2015, 00:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Nucas wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 22:38:
and potentially cut down on a diablo-3-launch style debacle.

Well D3 had a completely different problem, since it requires a net connection, it was simply overloaded. The preload for that was also about a month. In this case, you can expect the same problem with LoV and matches.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. No subject Oct 17, 2015, 13:31 Mashiki Amiketo

I can see the race for the counter to the anti-drone gun starting up already. Everything from frequency hopping to LOS based fallbacks and pre-programmed flight options in the case of signal failure from the transmitter.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Oct 17, 2015, 13:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Well mine shows 3.7GB, then again considering how shit poor internet is in some places giving a few weeks to download it is always a good thing.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EA Account Details Leaked
12. No subject Oct 17, 2015, 00:31 Mashiki Amiketo

wtf_man wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 22:51:

Somehow... I think I will survive without EA's wonderful "customer support".

If steam had origin's customer support no one would ever complain about steam. Sadly, I'm here to tell you that your question on whether or not your VAC ban can be lifted is in Russian, and the game can not be refunded.

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 00:30:

Please, tell me again how awesome your digital handcuffs are.

Please tell us again when you last played a game that wasn't made in 1994.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EA Account Details Leaked
7. No subject Oct 16, 2015, 22:32 Mashiki Amiketo

wtf_man wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:50:
Or never make an Origin account like me.

Well you're missing out on the best thing with Origin, their amazing customer support. What I found funny as fuck was Steam finally getting around to 2-step auth, where Origin had it for nearly 9 months.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Agility Video
4. No subject Oct 15, 2015, 08:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Can't say I'm really excited for this. Especially the amount of dumbing down that's gone on along with the gutting of RPG elements.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
15. No subject Oct 14, 2015, 09:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Dacron wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 23:29:
Played through Deus Ex too many times...

Another won't hurt

20 or 30 times would be okay too, chances are there's stuff you've missed anyway.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
33. No subject Oct 14, 2015, 09:42 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 08:58:
still has that bullshit vsync bug, where vsync wont work - either on or off in-game with nvidia control panel forcing it on

just constant tearing, same as before...

jesus fucking christ guys... seriously?

Works fine on AMD cards, maybe you should file a bug report with nvidia.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

24. No subject Oct 13, 2015, 16:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Patch for the camera has already rolled out, should be fixed now according to the dev posts.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject Oct 13, 2015, 14:06 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 13:36:
Man, I've been checking the Revision site almost daily for months and the one day I don't check it...

I don't see the counter. It's available for download already it appears.

Yep you can snag it on steam. Sadly this means that those who have their copy from GoG at the moment are SOL, same with those who have disk copies.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/397550

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Oct 13, 2015, 12:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Finally. I've been waiting since June for them to get DX-R out, looks like it's going to be a full couple of months of gaming between that, W2DC, Witcher 3 new playthrough, D:OS DC, and legacies of the void. Awesome.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. No subject Oct 13, 2015, 12:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Camera is indeed shit, but I've still got ~4 hours into it already and a fix is coming soonish to change the camera back.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
20. No subject Oct 12, 2015, 06:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Dacron wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 04:55:
It was deleted pretty quickly.

Well we can't have those peons stand up to us for falsely advertising a product now can we?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
16. No subject Oct 12, 2015, 04:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Stating that there's a disc(logo) and no disc inside could actually fall into the realm of false advertising. Just for anyone who wants to run with it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
5. No subject Oct 8, 2015, 10:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Sounds like a booming chance for people who want to do VO's for games. "Stunt pay" for VO's is probably the most funny thing there.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3998 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo