Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4032 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
10. No subject Nov 21, 2015, 06:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Kajetan wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 05:17:
Sometimes i wonder ... what do people on BluesNews NOT hate? Not that i have a special love for Kotaku, but blacklisting a media outlet is NOT a good thing. There is nothing to cheer about.

Except of course they're not being blacklisted. The companies in question are simply refusing to release any information to them. Nothing is stopping Kotaku from going out and buying the games to review themselves. On top of that, they've made themselves enough enemies by leaking things and trying to ruin other peoples lives that you'll find that no-fucks-given is pretty stanard.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. No subject Nov 21, 2015, 04:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Flatline wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 00:05:

Someone needs to put them on prozac quick. Sounds like they're feeling suicidal.

Considering the amount of bad blood that kotaku has generated? It's sure not the dev's that have anything to worry about. Boogie going after kotaku All that's needed now is TB.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
2. No subject Nov 20, 2015, 21:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Fuck kotaku, especially their click-bait garbage. Gawker is already shutting down a bunch of stuff and going for political clickbait, they can't die soon enough. Though I do like their whining that they're blacklisted, especially after Gawker decided to pull the "if you don't follow and so what we say, we'll blacklist you."

edit: Looks like developers from all over the place are coming out and saying "lulz, too bad for you kotaku." Couldn't happen to a nicer group of assholes.

So far, developers from WoW, R*, Ubisoft, are blasting them. Former devs from Irrational, WoW and Bioware are as well.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 22:25.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > FFXIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS for PC Next Month
4. No subject Nov 20, 2015, 16:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Only 6-7mo late, I'm really hoping that they've fixed some of the bugs from the last two releases. Especially the sudden FPS drops, but I've been waiting for this. And FXIII-2 was an amazing game.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2015, 22:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:08:
Agreed. Police forces everywhere need to be reigned in and leashed. In Canada they're virtual rogue agencies. They can pretty much do whatever they like without any fear of repercussion and they cost a fortune to boot. A lot of people aren't happy with the state of policing in this country and haven't been for a long time.

Yep, they're so rogue that every province has a investigative unit, and a police oversight board which you can apply to be a member of for 5 years.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Control Founder's Program
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2015, 22:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Man, I loved me some SC2 back in the day. My friends and I would play it every day at lunch. Think I might go download the SC2-open source version and play it.

JUFFO-WUP WILL GIVE YOU PEACE, LET US SPREAD TENDRILS THROUGH YOUR BRAIN ORGAN.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
18. No subject Nov 17, 2015, 06:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 04:09:
Back to GMG, it makes sense that not all publishers would want to sign contracts with them. GMG routinely offers 20-30% off pre-orders (or any game, really) and publishers generally don't like it when such discounts are offered so early.

Pretty much. That entire thread is full of idiots, mods included who don't know how the supply chains work. GMG can simply order keys through a 2nd tier party at a heavily discounted price for x units(usually in quantities of 5k-10k+). That doesn't make any of the keys grey market, illegal, or anything else. They're bypassing the publisher, and still making a profit because they're leveraging their buying power with a upstream distributor(said distributor is also leveraging against the publisher by buying 30k+ at a low price ant the publisher is fine with it) and the publisher is throwing a fit because they're buying large numbers of keys in bulk, making a large profit and undercutting them on steam at the same time.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. No subject Nov 16, 2015, 02:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 20:24:
She's still pretending to be a gamer, otherwise she'd have no career with her lack of talent. Good thing her 15 minutes are over.

Well she's having as much success as Wil Wheaton did when he threw his hissyfit over at /. and the user base went NOPE FUCK YOU.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Nov 15, 2015, 17:01 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 16:58:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 16:09:
Is Felicia Day still running across the street when she see's gamers?

depends on if they are black or not
Well that would be racist, but if they're white or asian I'll bet she crosses the street.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Nov 15, 2015, 16:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Is Felicia Day still running across the street when she see's gamers? Because you know, around gamers never relax.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
8. No subject Nov 14, 2015, 02:41 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 00:50:
There's also some free missions (3?) that bridge the gap between the two, I believe - not tried them myself.

There is 3 prologue missions between HoTS and LotV. There's also 3 epilogue post-LotV, the LotV ending is rather meh, but the last 3 missions post ending are pretty damn good. So far I've enjoyed the campaign quite a bit. So LotV gives you a total 25 missions, unless of course I've missed a secret mission in there somewhere which is possible.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Into the Black
9. No subject Nov 13, 2015, 23:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 21:48:
it won't surprise me in the slightest if extreme right-wing political groups take advantage of people's anger and fear.

Well considering the politics of europe these days, anything that isn't left, is far-right or extreme right-wing. The only reason why they're gaining traction is because the governments are not listening to the people, and when people have said enough their government is simply going: "There's a point where we should have stopped, but let's keep going and see what happens."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
63. No subject Nov 10, 2015, 20:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Kxmode wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 16:59:
TL;DR you clearly have "issues" with Bethesda's Fallout series. Instead of bitching about the "good old days" (it's NEVER coming back) find another game you can enjoy. I hear the crowdfunded Wasteland 2 is quite good; or perhaps Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void is more your thing.

WoW will last forever, all hail the MMO king.

This just in from our special reporter on the scene: WoW subs dropping, sure it took 8 years, but it looks like only WoW can kill WoW.

Really what'll happen is they'll kill the FO universe just like Blizzard killed WoW. And it'll eventually slide into obscurity, it might take a few more titles but people play the games mainly for the exploration and RPG options.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. No subject Nov 9, 2015, 18:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Retired wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 15:47:
That "sinkhole" looks more like a public utilities water pipeline washout. Pipes that were laid int he 50s and 60s are now brittle and deteriorating. In the next 10-15 years, people's taxes are going to sky rocket in communities where these pipes are failing.

Well I wouldn't say that, looks like the entire development is new or very new. And you can see the underside of a bridge for the waterway, in the one image. Tells me that it was likely a failure of the pipe which was a replacement for a ditch drain at one point. Those happen, and sometimes frequently.

Around 7 years ago they replaced all the sewer, water mains and drainage pipes and changed the storm drains off the city sewers. Around 5 years ago, there were two sinkholes. One at the end of my driveway(sewer drainage side), and another half a block away, where a storm drain was. In both cases, it was due to the construction crew and them failing to compact the drain bed. So when the 5' of earth, gravel and asphalt were piled on top it bent the pipe and cause it to leak at a seam.

But a lot of those pipes laid in the 50's and 60's especially sewer pipes will still be kicking along. Lot of places are still using cast iron water pipes that were laid in the early 1900's and those are still going along fine. The water pipes here on average are 93 years old and have held up remarkably well especially with the 5' frost/freeze depth we have.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. No subject Nov 9, 2015, 18:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Firmware that's only 238MB? Geeze I must be getting old, when I can remember a firmware flash weighing in at under 360Kb.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer
18. No subject Nov 8, 2015, 00:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 21:39:

I quite liked both ME1 and KotOR. I actually thought the story in ME1 was better than the story of ME2. In any case, he'd still be a thousand times better than that fuckwallet Mac Walters.

The story in ME1 was much better than ME2, mainly because it didn't revolve around "Obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope" go out and save your team members from their own head demons.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer
9. No subject Nov 7, 2015, 02:35 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 02:08:
Yifes, how long have you worked at Blizzard?

Man you're getting more cynical than I am, and that's saying something.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers
4. No subject Nov 6, 2015, 15:22 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 10:36:
Elite Dangerous issues?

I rest my case about ATI Driver issues.
What? That nvidia doesn't state known bugs that are in their drivers anymore?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule
1. No subject Nov 5, 2015, 18:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Well looks like they learned something, when WoL and HoS launched SEA was out before us. You could play the game early, by downloading the SEA client.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
47. No subject Nov 5, 2015, 18:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Another ~4 days until the review embargoes end. Still not really intresting, seeming to come off more as Mass Effect meets Post-Apocalyptica, not fallout.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4032 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo