Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4335 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
24. No subject Jan 31, 2018, 21:57 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:19:
Oh for fucks sake.

"You can't give an award to someone who partied in the 70s!"

That sentiment makes no sense at all. It's not like the guy is a convicted pedophile or a murderer.

Social justice that's why. Facts? Don't matter. Different time? Doesn't matter. Nobody hurt? Doesn't matter. People with? Doesn't matter. All that matter is what some whiny neo-puritian hipster is crying over something that hurt their feelings. Further comments touched on it, but that's what it is. It's a witch hunt, nothing more, nothing less. No different then dongle gate, Tim Hunt, Matt Taylor.

Then again, another name getting that "award" like Rami Ismail. The guy is a shitty human, in modern times, who is racist to whites, openly defends terrorism as a means of imposing political and social ideology and really? If you disagree with him that Islamists blowing people up is bad, you're also a racist.

So the slippery slope proves to be true, and several people who were once for this witch hunting are now against it. Gee...will the wonders never cease.

edit: And now it becomes a case of yep...it is a witch hunt. I hope you jackasses that supported this are enjoying your entire life being able to be destroyed and/or ruined not because you didn't do anything wrong, but because someone either knew you did something they didn't like(but it was socially acceptable) or because some woman has an axe to grind 10-30 years later.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2018, 22:09.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
2. No subject Jan 31, 2018, 10:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Go-go WITCH HUNT! Keep driving that wedge even tighter you stupid fucks.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. No subject Jan 26, 2018, 06:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 07:13:
I can't remember a single time you were right, and not just regurgitating what The_Donald, KotakuInAction, or your favorite white male screaming at a YouTube camera told you to think.

I do, however, remember you defending Pizzagate, so I'm not certain why anyone here bothers. Maybe they don't remember you were a Pizzagater.
Monday: Nunes made up the memo. Tuesday: It's too complex. Wednesday: Democrats have their own. Thursday: Don't release the memo! What's today going to be? Russians wrote the memo and it was proofed by nazi's maybe.

Oh by the way, I find it funny that you can't actually dispute anything I've said. Something which is rather funny as well, what's that favorite phrase of the left these days, especially those using talking points? Oh right, whataboutism. Lots of that going on in your post, and lots of happy people slapping their flippers in agreement.

I do remember saying that there's a lot of circumstantial things related to pizzagate, and there is. Remember how you said you'd find proof I was a die-hard supporter and never found any? Remember how I asked you how many times you've been a witness for the state in CP related investigations and you didn't answer? Guess you're drawing on your non-existent experience on that one. Remember how Jimmy Savile was also just a conspiracy theory, and then it was well...gee...we found out it was only covered it up for 40 years, at multiple levels of government, and police, and the media. That was some conspiracy theory too, wow wee!

So I end up being right, twitter and facebook come out saying well...really...it *was* actually americans posting it. Guess that just makes them all russian agents right? Or would it be that they're nazis? That smells almost like a conspiracy theory.

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 10:27:
Snopes scores a "least biased"
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/snopes/
But sad clueless angry trolls be a trolling.
You mean a site that's considered so biased that nobody except the die-hard "I'm with her!/Russia stole the election!" supporters use it? Has a single person who oversees it and openly states that methodology is based on personal opinion?

Oh boy! Jimmy, tell our contestant what he's won!

Nullity wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 12:27:
Holy crap, the Trump admin and Repubs are just going all in with the obstruction, eh? You guys keep digging that hole, you'll make it out eventually. *giggles*

Also, reading this thread, I can't believe how incredibly idiotic Repub voters and Trump supporters are. They've been voting against their own (and everyone else's) interests for decades, but this shit is just getting bananas.
Man, I can't believe how much all of this has changed in 48hrs with those recovered text messages huh? Now we've got people who were in charge of the investigation saying that they deliberately didn't turn over pieces of information to congress, that they were colluding to set the tone and pace of the investigation and...what's that? Oh they also transmitted federal investigation documents relating to investigation to the Clinton camp and used private non-governmental services to do it and said(in the recovered texts) they did so in order to obfuscate the trail.

Gee what shall we find out next? Wait it's all fake news, right off the judiciary.senate.gov website.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2018, 06:29.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Jan 23, 2018, 23:53 Mashiki Amiketo

SMITE wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 23:13:
You're so full of shit here, I don't know where to start.

He didn't write it solely, and he's already on record of not writing all of it(it was a group of people within the intellegence committee who did along with senior aides who had security access.) And if you're so upset by it, then you have absolutely no fear of it coming out do you? But you sure are rushing to the defense of "no no, don't release it."

FYI Fusion GPS didn't answer every question. They infact refused to answer questions, tried fighting tooth and nail against having anything released and fought even harder to have bank records released which showed that they'd been paying reporters, and the US individuals tied to it, plead the fifth or refused to show.

Here's Snopes on Russian involvement with this farce:
Using snopes? Really? After all the times they've been caught "slanting" issues, including issues which are actually black and white because it makes democrats look bad. Who's the low information voter? The person relying on someone else to tell them "what the facts are" or the person who wants the information released so it can sink or swim on it's own.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2018, 00:42.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Jan 23, 2018, 22:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 15:59:
They are going to fuck up the Denuvo so badly with so many layers of DRM that its going to cause really bad performance issues. There is no way you layer several a DRM like this and not have some kind of performance issue.
That already happens with Denuvo, so not like it's anything new.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Jan 23, 2018, 21:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Holy fuck. Maybe they should be investigating themselves for "redirecting and renaming" the hashtags to other things by using their internal autocomplete. Because it sure wasn't Russians pushing that. The document exists, both sides have seen it. Republicans have already started the process to release it. Democrats are going out of their way to stop it from being released. Sure tells you exactly what the problem is, and just how very damaging to the democrats it is.

The entire "russians under your bed" bullshit being pushed by the left is right out of the land of conspiracy theories. Right beside "there are nazi's everywhere!"

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
16. No subject Jan 15, 2018, 10:47 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 01:05:
Hawaii is dusting off protocols they haven't used in 20 years, thanks not only to that asshole Kim, but also to Trump who is intentionally ratcheting up tensions.
Maybe you should be asking why Clinton, Bush II, and Obama all kicked that can down the road and *allowed* N.Korea to become the country that it is? I mean, it's not that Japan has been considering for the last several years rewriting Article 9 of their constitution to deal with N.Korea. Or that it's moved from "talking" to the legislative phase. Article 9, as I'm sure you're unaware deals with Japan having an active military - not for self defense any longer. Or that people in Japan are supportive of the idea of going nuclear to deter China and N.Korea.

But it's all Trump's fault.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
14. No subject Jan 15, 2018, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:19:
Did you just call the star pupil of Breitbart "not conservative?"

And you respect, and even like, Milo, don't you?
So you're saying that the star pupil's on the left who write fro breitbart aren't left?

You're making tones of sense there, like usual.

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:20:
Examples? Even the worst offenders like Milo took quite a while to get banned. It's not like it happened because of one or two things he said.

I assume that if there are people saying similarly offensive things on the left, that they haven't yet exhibited enough of a pattern of such behavior to get banned.
Kassy Dillon is a good example. You can start digging from there, it's not a rare thing. And they had no "profile of abuse."

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:23:
Are there? Last I checked the "conservatives" in this country are all about big government when it's propping up dying industries in red states, enforcing Christian morality on people, or unleashing drones on the Middle East like a swarm of angry bees. And they looove to run the deficit up just as much as any liberal.

Yeah, libertarians exist, but they have no political influence in the mainstream.

"Conservative" in the US is just a misnomer for "Evangelical."
About time for you to step out of the big city, get out of the echo chamber, and start looking. Because of the ex-CEO of NPR(Ken Stern) could figure it out, it's time for you to start doing the same. You know the "rebpulicans" had their turning day with the tea party and driving those neocons out. You know where those neocons ended up? They were welcomed with open arms by the left and the DNC. David Frum is a great example of that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 10:27:
If Twitter has such a liberal bias, why did it take some wildly offensive conservatroll like Milo so long to get banned?
First thing, he's not conservative. He's stated he falls far more closely to social-libertarian. Second he's always claimed he was a provocateur, and that's always what's made him famous--and he's always given the same advice "if you don't want me to be famous by doing this, ignore me." The real question you should be asking, is why were conservative-leaning, or libertarian people banned and temp banned when they used the language(or exact verbatim) of "big left-wing names" word-for-word. That includes journalists, reporters, authors, and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:14 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 18:03:

Why do they allow so many fucking loudmouth conservative trolls? They are doing liberal bias wrong. (I use the term conservative loosely. I don't think there are any actual conservatives in America anymore.)

There's plenty of conservatives. The sjw and progressive left have simply decided that anyone to the right of marx or trotsky is alt-right. That includes, left-of-center, center, center-right, right, libertarian, social-libertairan, conservative-libertairan no longer exist. The problem isn't that they don't exist, the problem is the people you're listening to are *telling you* they don't exist.

Enjoy the identity politics. And if you don't think that the progressive left aren't doing that? Go look at the leadership of the DNC, and other progressive left-wing groups. Go on, really look. You're going to find people like the #2 of the DNC who's an ardent ethnostatist(in sjw/progressive terms a nazi), and open racist and race baiter. And yes, Ellison is an ethnostatist he's openly proclaimed he wants a black-only state. And there's the SJW's who want segregation back, black-only spaces, if you're not a "POC" you can't attend *insert group meeting" and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2018, 13:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Watch out for the shit weather tomorrow/late today. They weren't calling for any rain/snow/freezing rain here in SW-Ontario, woke up with 1/16th" of freezing rain on the cars, blowing snow and 7" in the driveway. 2" more fell after 8am.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. No subject Jan 7, 2018, 09:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 23:15:
As an Apple stock owner I'd officially like to say, as long as the stock continues to roar upward, I couldn't care less.
People said the same thing about Nortel.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. No subject Jan 5, 2018, 23:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Nucas wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 21:26:
Canadians Are Obsessed with Cold-Shaming Because It's All We Have
Ah vice, showing that it is indeed a cesspool of the internet...right beside buzzfeed and other clickbait.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

24. No subject Jan 5, 2018, 20:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 18:19:
My first real cold was when I moved to Calgary when I was 18. First winter there it hit -35c and windchill was -50c. They had warnings on all media about how going outside could cause frostbite to exposed skin in less than 2 minutes. Now that was ball shrinking cold.
Few years back when we had that big freeze, I was out in northern Alberta. Hit -45C without the windchill(-61C with) where I was staying. That's the type of cold that radiates into the house and you still feel it. I don't really find -35C that bad except around the great lakes, where there's just enough humidity to amplify it and make it even more shitty all the way around.

I'll just cue in the old joke: How do you tell you're in Canada? It's -20C and people are walking around with shorts on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
72. No subject Jan 5, 2018, 20:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 15:19:
I've only been following this for kicks but that claim you just made seems way off base. I looked up the RCMP estimates, they peg it around 20 million total between both registered and unregistered.
That's their absolute highest pie in the sky figure too.

The RCMP's numbers don't make any real sense, they're based off of a bunch of stuff, but the key one is based off of the assumption of the number of guns turned in during the gun-grab back in the 90's. That in itself makes it useless, but walk into any farm in Canada and they'll likely have 2-3 unregistered rifles, probably a pistol or three as well and a buckload of ammo. Funny thing about that was there's been a few cases out in Western Canada with natives breaking into property, stealing things and so on and getting shot at by the farmers. Several of the cases went to court, and nearly all of them were either dismissed or the person found innocent.

As for the guns up here? Canadian cops have to deal with the exact same situation as south of the border. It was just a few years ago that police in BC were putting bullet resistant glass in their cars, and armor in the doors. The gangs had been escalating against each other, and it got so bad at one point that several of the gangs had "upgraded" to AP rounds. I'm sure you can figure out the complete shitshow in that one. But you should be paying attention to the big cities, because they're starting to go through the mass urban decay that happened in the US during the late 70's and early 80's. You seriously wouldn't want to be a constable in Toronto today, and most of them if they didn't have the "you must stay in this police service for 3yrs" in their hiring contract would drop out after 6mo-1yr. One of the reasons that said section exists is that even 6 years ago, the average constable only stayed on 18 months before moving to a smaller town/city or right up quitting.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. No subject Jan 5, 2018, 20:31 Mashiki Amiketo

ItBurn wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 11:36:
I think that there's two possible scenarios that explains what's happening at YouTube.

1, Youtube doesn't care about staying alive. It's having a hard time making enough profit for investors and it'll try anything to do it, regardless of consequences. Often in pretty random fashion.

2, Youtube's "algorithm" isn't well designed and has too much control over everything and no one at Youtube can understand or control it.

Or a mix of the two.
It's far worse then that. The CEO is out to lunch and has no idea of what she's doing with the platform. If you need an example watch her two youtube videos. No idea, doesn't understand the platform, thinks that it will become more popular if it emulates TV more. This despite the reason people went to youtube in the first place, was to get away from TV. Catering to particular groups of people, particularly the people who were displaced off of vine when twitter shut it down.

Now watch the people who are apparently "popular" in the one video, you might recognize one of them but that's it. They're literal nobodies but she believes they're more important and more special then other content creators. Now top this out with the policies coming down where youtube basically doesn't talk to CC's about anything, pushing garbage ideas that nobody really cares about while ignoring serious issues(like even listening to the people who drive youtube). And now you understand why there are such serious problems.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mad Catz is Back
8. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 14:07 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 12:55:
Exclusive inside look of the newly re-structured Mad Catz head office new products division
Damn that's just perfect, captures the entire thing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 14:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 12:57:
What are you referring to, the comments about GamerGate?
Play their game, you'll catch it. It's worth it just for the cringe.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
70. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 12:52 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 15:32:

There are 10 million guns in Canada. Not quite the ratio of the US, but still plenty.

Not correct. There's 10 million registered guns in Canada, the unregistered based on the governments own numbers could be as high as 70 million. That's because there was a gun-grab back in the 1990's, and a lot of people simply didn't register. Law or no law, people simply didn't give a shit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 12:49 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 21:54:

Are you surprised he would link an article without reading it?
Are you more surprised that none of you actually read it, or that all of you missed this

Within a news story, the statements from the sources cited – and what reporters choose to quote from them – as well as the reporter’s own language formulate the overall assessment of the Trump administration. During the time period studied, stories from outlets with a right-leaning audience were at least five times more likely to carry an overall positive evaluation of Trump’s words or actions (defined as stories that contained at least twice as many positive statements as negative ones) than stories from outlets with a left-of-center or more mixed audience (31% vs. 5% and 6%, respectively). They were also at least three times less likely to carry negative assessments (14% vs. 56% and 47%, respectively). Still, most stories from outlets with a right-leaning audience (55%) carried neither a positive nor negative assessment of the president.

In simple terms: The media is all engaging in the same shit, but you're all so partisan you missed it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4335 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo