Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4254 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
22. No subject Oct 26, 2017, 11:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 09:49:

Right?! He reminds me RollinThunder and his weird fixation about pointing out two liberals saying different things and pretending that's hypocrisy. No wonder he's *still* pretending Pizzagate was ever anything other than obviously made up lies deliberately designed to tell people like him exactly what they want to hear.

And now an encore of complaining about being compared to Nazis. Mashiki, you cited Neo-Nazis as a reason why you're totally not racist, so you are literally a Nazi sympathiser. It's clear that you abuse Godwin's Law to hide.

The only question is to what extent you're in on the cons, and how much you're fooled by them. What was the deal with GamerTics?
Uh-huh. Not too quick on the uptake or anything are you? Or maybe you don't get what I'm saying which is okay, I can use smaller words to explain it to you if need be. Pretending and pizzagate...so tell me something, how many CP cases as a witness for the state have you been involved in? Let's just say the last 5 years. Now, keeping that in mind, and the stuff you're legally bound to not repeat because of publication bans. What are the similarities? Right.

"Cited neo-nazi's" Who's the neo-nazis? Oh right...nobody listed. The irony of "lies made up deliberately designed to tell people like him what they want to hear" is just palpable. So much so, that one can taste it right through the internet. (Though if you're saying boogie is a neo-nazi, you're the prime example of why the left is losing -- everywhere.)

If you're talking about Cervonovich, how does that one compute anyway? Mixed race marriage, with a mixed-race child. And that's a neo-nazi...right. Talk about paranoia and seeing nazi's everywhere.

The real question is, at what point do you stop being a racist and bigot for labeling anyone who doesn't bow to your view point. As for GamerTics? No idea, go ask them.

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:28:

Cutter picks his views based solely upon what is best for him.
People like MA are worse - they pick their views based upon what will piss people off.
Now that's not true. I just happen to have various views that piss you off. Those same views, and comments in which you generally dispute nothing. You know, kinda like that reply.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. No subject Oct 26, 2017, 11:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Nimh wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 11:16:
It's about time, thanks for this. Look forward to this in North America soon.
Can't happen soon enough. Whether people want to try and argue it's not, it hits every requirement for it. Someone dropping money, for an item based on chance, that they may or may not win.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. No subject Oct 23, 2017, 08:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 07:16:

Probably you as the source?

You always have some stupid political ax to grind and always throw out stupid accusations whenever possible, pretending the people who agree with you are saints and the people who disagree with you are evil and, even more weirdly, unified just because they think your political views are heinous.

You didn't show your face here for 2 weeks after getting laughed out of another thread, unsurprisingly you only come back when you can spew more Pizzagatesque crap.
Boy oh boy are you bitter. By the way, nice conspiracy theory though. I mean it makes just about as much sense as this comment. Who knew neogaf was a hive of gamergate.

Uh-huh. You keep thinking that, and by all means keep digging because that line of reasoning hasn't backfired on progressives and liberals AT ALL...embrace that identity politics!

Gee, I didn't know I had to respond to you in a timely manner. You can send money to my paypal at anytime and I'll be happy to respond just for you precious. Anything else you want to get off your chest? Maybe I can answer for you when I feel like doing so? Perhaps get more upset that things are crashing down around you? Well if not, you could always go join the neogaf crowd, I think they're polishing up the conspiracy theories that gamergate caused Trump, were colluding with Russians, and were also responsible for all their moderators leaving, and Malka(along with several of his pedophile moderators being arrested) for being shitty people in general. Oh and that anyone who disagrees with the echo chamber are alt-right neo-nazi's.

Oh and pizzagate? You never did turn around and show where I said it was true. Only that there was a lot of suspicious things around it, you know...just like around Weinstien, Jimmy Savile, the Catholic Church...yeah...great conspiracy theories too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. No subject Oct 23, 2017, 03:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 02:46:
At least one of those lists was compiled by Mike Cernovich, wasn't it? Not what I'd call trustworthy.
No, he got his list from the same source that sent it to other outlets including gawker, gizmodo, vox, buzzfeed and several centre-right and centre-left political news sites.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. No subject Oct 23, 2017, 00:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 23:13:

You got any reputable links for that? I'm most certainly no fan of either site or many of the people who write for them but this is the first I've heard of this (other than the Nick Robinson thing, which has been quiet since first being revealed.)
You can search it up if you want, there's also a "list" of journos who're currently caught up in this that several sites have a hold of too. I won't direct link because of 'listen and believe'. So this'll prove true or not. I add that Sam Biddle is on both lists I've seen, but whether or not that's true? Who knows.

edit: Just remember, this is what Neogaf's admin said to that bowl of pudding known as Boogie2988. They deserve everything they're getting.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2017, 01:44.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Interviews
36. No subject Oct 22, 2017, 20:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Sure thing Looks like you're rating pretty good. And haven't been paying attention to the media very much either. Remember you're a nazi if you support gun rights.

What exactly is MSNBC or whoever saying that has your panties in a bunch? You're making these claims that they're all crazy ass lefties that have lost their minds. Where's the proof?
You mean besides supporting attacks on political opponents? I guess you missed that. You can start here. Then we can get onto the media that was saying it was okay too.

Where are all these critics? Even that bastion of liberalism that is NPR aired several good reviews of it.
Did you read the critics linked via rotten tomato's? No? You should, remember that's still normiesphere.

I'm not sure what to say to you since you've decided to appoint yourself arbiter of who speaks for "the left", and apparently you've already decided who "the left" is, but haven't been willing to share that information here.
No, I'm pointing out that the left has a serious problem with itself. And what I'm saying is what normal people see coming from the left. So get your shit in order, or don't. And enjoy your screaming decline into history.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. No subject Oct 22, 2017, 19:54 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 14:17:
Did NeoGAF even have any users left anyway? Pretty sure they banned everyone for having wrong opinions.
Top 1k sites in the US, and of course everyone is coming out saying that they only supported identity politics and social justice and other garbage for fear of being banned. Welp, chalk it up to another "male feminist ally" actually being what they accused everyone else of being. But enjoy the shit show(and don't listen and believe) because it's likely about to get more interesting since the accusations are flying hard and fast against game journos at kotaku and polygon(current and former) of doing the same thing as Weinstien and Tyler.

It wasn't a great example of extreme moderation. It was a great example of what an echo chamber looks like though, what should bother everyone is just how much influence a site like that had, especially with moderators and users pushing, punishing and attacking developers for not engaging in the "right kind of thinking." I'll bet Tim Soret is cheering like mad, especially after their smear job on him.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. No subject Oct 9, 2017, 02:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 10:39:
You learn a lot about a man by his decision to say "rheeeee."

And you learn he's beyond being triggered and offended.
You learn quite a bit about someone by their inability to directly reply to a person. You learn that when they can't actually dispute anything that someone has said, they're living in their own little social bubble which socially reinforces what they believe in. And it helps them project all their own insecurities onto others. Which are most often reflections of their own lives, and you should feel deep pity for that person.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 02:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 11:53:
/r/politics doesn't ban you for having different opinions. The only time I've been temp-banned from there was when I crossed the line into making a personal attack. I see the same /r/t_d assholes posting in politics all the time, so they obviously aren't getting banned for disagreeing.

Really? Post your account then post the following: "I think trump is doing okay, and his policies on immigration are a step in the right direction."

They are the definition of a partisan circlejerk.
You might have missed it in their side bar, but that's exactly what they bill themselves as.

See, you're already creating a straw man here, saying things that I never said. I'm a gun owner and I support gun rights, and nobody has called me a Nazi for it. You must live in some weird little bubble somewhere, or people are just tired of your permanently aggrieved attitude and victim complex and are saying things to make you go away.
See, you're not reading. I never said that you said that, but you sure took it to mean that I said that about you. You obviously haven't been paying very much attention to the political press in the US for the last 6 months. Which of course I suppose is just a little bubble in your world.

People who defend the Nazis and white supremacists deserve to be called what they are. If they don't like it, that's their problem. There's no right to be respected. It was one of them who killed that woman in Charlottesville. Their leader there even praised the murderer for it.
By all means, though that's not the point is it. You mean the women that dropped dead from a coronary? Not even the prosecutor is running with that one, and their leader? Which one? The guy who was a devout Obama supporter(that was the one who set it all up FYI), or the trolls at the daily stormer?

I never said anything about assaulting anyone, so no, I wouldn't say that's fine. Got anymore straw men you want to beat on? I can wait.
And I never said you did either, failing that reading comprehension or I'm striking too close to home and you actually believe deep down that it's okay to do.

Ahh, so you basically just find some opinion from some tiny group of people and apply it to "the left" to justify all your hatred and attacks. Got it. I'm not sure who it is that you think speaks for "the left", but I'm pretty sure you're wrong about it.
Tiny group of people? You mean like MSNBC, ABC, CBS, Mic, verge, guardian? Well those are very tiny organizations which have no reader base at all right? All those artists, media people, and so on who were out there and claim that they're progressives and are perfectly fine with "punching a nazi" right?

I've got tickets to see Bladerunner tomorrow, btw, and from what I've read of the reviews, it should be pretty good
It is, but that didn't stop the critics from complaining that it's terrible because it's full of white males. And in several cases, that was their direct justification for panning the movie.

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 12:09:
RE: Mashiki Amiketo

Snap out of it son.
Dispute anything I've said.

NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:07:
Here's an example of MA's "Liberals" on KiA

Liberals, well known fans of Project Veritas, Stephen Crowder, and oh look some Anti-Semitic dogwhistling.
They're fans? Or are they pointing out something factual. Oh right! Look at those people who are pointing out that there's something fishy going on with youtube and it's engaging in favoritism for one particular group of people. Looks like you're injecting your own personal biases out because someone used "naughty words" of people you don't like and made an assumption.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
15. No subject Oct 9, 2017, 02:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 22:37:

Only you bring a discussion about gun violence to game journalism.

Is your world that small? Do you ever leave the basement?

Oh I'm sorry I hurt you feelings, do you need a hug? It's only those same journo's who were staunch defenders of gaming are now waving their arms around and screeching that videogames also contribute to gun violence. Gee, who'd have thought...that publications would actually protect their cash cow.

Is your world so small that you only see what's jammed in front of your nose? Do you ever leave that den in the ground you live in?

NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 23:45:

Would he be a radical AnCap if he ever left the basement?

Somethingsomething assumptions based on words. Enjoying that ignorance of yours. Also enjoying that usual liberal/progressive belief that anyone who disagrees with someone else is a "basement dweller." Maybe next time you could come up with something original? Perhaps you could try tossing in virgin, neckbeard, or something along those lines. It'll really help you get those internet points with someone.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2017, 02:59.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Oct 8, 2017, 22:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 22:00:
Sure Rick, violent media explains the daily mass-murders in the US not sensible gun-control laws 'cause the rest of the world has the exact same problem...oh wait!
Well those 'daily mass-murders' only happen in a few places. Seems to me the US doesn't have a gun problem, they have two problems. One is a mental health issue, like many western countries and they have a decaying inner-city problem. Canada is starting to see the same problems that the US has in our large inner-cities. And like the US it's causes are similar.

Rick is an idiot, just like Hillary Clinton, Liberman, Gore, and so on tried to push the same thing. The only difference is, in today's game media those game journos are likely going "rick is rite!" Instead of calling bullshit, bullshit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. No subject Oct 8, 2017, 06:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 09:07:
There are people offended enough here to keep talking about it, and MA seems really offended by something as he keeps talking about it.

For the record, KiA is probably the low point of the internet. Impotent incels lashing out in any direction because it's the only thing they feel they have power about in their lives.

An anti-GG sub which was over-run a year and a half ago and effectively taken over by people who hate gamergate is the authoritative face of gamergate? That's pretty brilliant there. Nah, the only thing I'm offended by is your bounding failures in logic and reasoning.

Apparently you don't spend much time on or reading /r/politics. If you did, then you'd actually see the low point of the internet. The irony of using incels but also claiming to be progressive...

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 19:30:
Most of us don't see the triggered Trumpists on Reddit because the slightest criticism gets you permabanned from their safe spaces.
Really? You mean like how the slightest deviation on /r/poltics /r/feminism, 2x, cringe, pics, etc,etc,etc,etc, and all those other subs which auto-ban you for participating in other subs? Or all those subs which ban you when you deviate from the slightest current groupthink? Can you figure out why T_D exists the way it does? No? It's because people were pushed out of every other sub for not falling in line.

Who's calling everyone Nazis? People are calling Nazis Nazis, as well as those that are supporting and defending those Nazis, because they seem to have the same mindset and beliefs.
So because you don't support a view you're a nazi? How about free speech? Still a nazi? Those are both current "you're a nazi" beliefs in progressive circles. How about gun rights? Yep nazi. Protesting something that the left doesn't like? Nazi. Have a kink they don't like? Yep nazi. Refusing to adhere to their CoC, in your own project? Nazi. Like a cartoon frog? Nazi. Shitposting? Nazi. Troll, well they're always nazi's(unless we're doing it).

Have you figured out where the left has gone wrong yet? Have you figured out where they decided to grab onto identity politics with both hands and go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE into "everyone is a nazi" land yet? Oh and of course, since all those people *are* nazi's it's fine to assault them right? And you can't forget that if you don't support doing that, you're also a nazi.

Seems like quite a few people would also be quite happy with the latest "REEEEEEEEEEEing" going on over the bladerunner movie too. Don't worry, you can reee right along with them because there's "white males" in there.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. No subject Oct 8, 2017, 06:08 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 08:29:
Maybe, but I don't think so. I'm still a free speech absolutist. I think you should be able to say whatever the fuck you want, and I should be able to call you whatever the fuck I want for having said it. I still think the campus hysteria going on is bullshit, and don't support no-platforming people. I think you have to let people speak if you want to call them out on their bullshit. ...

Also, since you asked. Here is the profile of the typical KiA user these days. Another one. And I found these guys in one small thread. If you'd like I can probably dig up a good hundred or so T_D posters in the first page alone.

Of course now I'm sure you'll argue Trump has great support on the left and T_D is a leftist paradise.

EDIT: Found this lovely tool. If you scroll down to the calculator you can put in a subreddit and it will show you how similar they are in terms of users. Typing in KotakuInAction gives you the anti-SJW subs you would expect, but also highly correlates with Mens Rights, The_Donald, 4chan, CringeAnarchy, and other lovely lovely places that I'm sure are full of leftists. Doesn't seem to correlate with any ACTUAL leftist subs though, strangely.

Who are those people? No really who are they? Those are actual KiA posters, people who I can't even remember seeing in the last ~3 years posting there are your posterboy's? Why not take a look at some of those other "typical users" you know like this this person here or this one? You know actual regular posters. You're pulling the same shit that you claim that KiA is. "OMG LOOK AT THESE PEOPLES! THEY'RE 100% THE FACE OF THE SUB GAIS!" Remember that whole "no leader, all are leaders" bit. Yeah.

You seem to have a real problem with Trump, and it's all based on his personality. Not the stuff he's doing, not the stuff that's happened. But full on Trump derangement syndrome, just like the progressives with their rabid BDS.

Yeah, that lovely tool which just happens to fail at the overwhelming overlap of 2x, politics, feminism, and anti-mra subs. So very useful. Remember that old saying correlation != causation?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. No subject Oct 7, 2017, 06:49 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 00:30:
That hasn't been true in a long time. Those of us on the left who were following the Gamergate stuff got chased out by Trumpers a long time ago. The place was taken over by a bunch of baby snowflakes who are worse than the SJWs we used to laugh at in there.

That's why 90% of the threads in there are about people "censoring" the alt-reich instead of about game journalism.

If the left is so hell bent on painting everyone as Nazis, why does the "left-leaning KIA" seem so concerned about how alt-right provocateurs are portrayed by the media?

EDIT: FYI you can search my post history for "Gamergate" and you can see that my comments in early 2015, late 2014 are generally supportive of GG and dismissive of the people who were smearing it. I was an early supporter and thought that we needed to clean up games journalism a bit. But GG, particularly KiA, went way beyond that and started taking up the banner of the opposition to any and all things to the left of Breitbart.

Uh-huh. And I bet you can't point to a single "trumpers" and their "evilness snowflakiness." But let's take a look, nope not seeing any "alt-reich" threads, but it sure does look like someone has drank some pretty hard koolaid and is screeching that anyone who doesn't follow their view point is an alt-reicher.

The left or rather far-left is hell bent on painting everyone as nazi's. Left-leaning KiA is still left leaning, but considering they're coming to bat for anyone who's being silenced and the majority are on the right doesn't really matter in their book. Or did you happen to miss out that the media and social justice supporters were the ones engaging in identity politics exceptionally hard.

So off the top we have: Neogaf engaging in hive-mind politics and attacking people for wrong think. Thread about Sky Williams video being censored for "hate speech." Socjus firm getting slapped for discriminating against women. Jeff Cannata being thrown to the wolves by socjus inc., for daring to talk to someone who isn't drinking the koolaid. Thread on journo who was slandered/defamed by buzzfeed. Vice firing a reporter for talking with the "wrong kind of people." Youtube continuing to be shit and selectively blocking things.

Yes very "alt-reich."

And I remember. Did you ever think for a moment that they didn't change but you did? That rather then them "going right" you went "further left" and went so far left that you are now seeing nazi's hiding under your sheets and labeling people as pseudo-nazi's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. No subject Oct 7, 2017, 00:04 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 22:17:

Looking at it right this second, most of the Wolfenstein shit seems to have quited down on T_D, but it's still going strong over on KotakuInAction. But to be fair, they do currently seem pretty focused on finding alternative theories to the Las Vegas shooting that don't involve a rich white man or guns, rather than on Wolfenstein. All sorts of Sandy Hook level conspiracy theories.

Considering it never actually hit the front page, that's pretty flimsy as anything. And considering KiA talks about anything relating to gaming as well? Not sure what your point is there. Unless of course you're saying that a bunch of leftists(the vast majority of KiA are left-leaning after all) are talking about ads and whether or not they influence one way or another people buying it -- or that the ads are a deliberate take to rattle up controversy for the game. Gee who knew that a forum dedicated to things like that would dare to talk about it.

What's the conspiracy theory, besides the things that are being reported by the media and being discussed. Right, notta. Then again they do have a very good point that the media is very quiet on this. Well he was a white guy, we've got our motive. But hey look at charlottesville. The 400 lbs obese women who smoked two packs of cigarettes a day and died? Well that's wall-to-wall coverage for a week. Seriously, if there was even the smallest hint that the guy was conservative, republican, or anything else they'd be on that like a fly to shit. The lack of "anything" is far more telling.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. No subject Oct 6, 2017, 21:11 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 20:40:

Trumpians on reddit seem pretty triggered about it. But I'm sure that's a false flag using fake accounts right? Something something Soros something (((globalists)))?
Unable to find triggered trump supporters on reddit. Looks more like they're too busy laughing at the company who put the "fearless girl" statue in front of the bull, being fined $5m for engaging in discriminatory pay practices against women and minorities. And pointing out the censorship of youtube with their deletion of videos of the black somali 'refugee' that committed a mass-shooting last weekish at a church.

I don't know about you but I was killing Nazis in 1992 on my PC, if I remember the year correctly. It's hardly a new concept or a new disturbing political statement.

There should be only one thing LESS controversial than depicting the murder of Nazis: depicting the re-deadifying of the undead.
Yeah so was I. Like I said, the only disturbing thing that's going on with this is how batshit insane the political left have become at labeling anyone who doesn't bow down to their ideology are nazi's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. No subject Oct 6, 2017, 20:35 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 20:06:
there's no reason to start getting offended now unless you've started to identify with the Nazi label.

It's not people being offended by this. That's not the actual problem. It's more that people are bothered by the normalization and justification of violence as a political dissent tool. From ~15 years ago with the left lunatic fringe screeching nazi at everyone to the non-fringe left screeching that everyone who disagrees with them(over the last year) is now a nazi. To blackhoodie's who are swearing their allegiance to marx rushing out to assault people over speech -- keeping in mind that anyone to the right of marx is a nazi in their minds*. With people in the press, media, pundits nodding their heads enthusiastically that assaulting people because they're now nazi's is okay.

*Not forgetting that if you have opinions on trans, gay, lesbian, social justice, free speech, gun rights, one of three dozen other things. And you fail to fall in line with their view point of the world, you're also a nazi. Fascism has never been so trendy!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Oct 6, 2017, 13:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Peter M. Smith wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:41:

Please tell me if you ever go to court over this matter. I would love to see the look on your face when the judge explains to you what agreements mean, and the look on your lawyer's face when they get threatened with sanctions.
Here in Canada it doesn't work like that. You don't have a license to use the product, you own the product and have the right to do what you want with that product. It also doesn't work like that in the EU, where licenses are considered products.

Valve can have whatever it wants in it's agreement, but it doesn't supersede the rights granted to you by law. Just like an agreement or license can't force you to waive rights guaranteed by law.

Mileage may vary in the US, but that's your own problem to fix.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2017, 10:31 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 09:33:
So now they'll drop the price on cancer treatment?
No in 6mo they'll come back and say that the study is flawed because the authors of it screwed up and didn't do their methodology properly. Kinda like the ones that claim video games cause violence, mass shootings, and make men rape women.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. No subject Oct 5, 2017, 10:26 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 23:36:
And replaced it with our own mass genocides, slave trading, and rape culture? Pretty sure whatever genocidal rapist slavers got here first still get to claim ownership. Let's not pretend like colonial America was the height of moral supremacy. In fact it was mostly people too religiously backwards and morally bankrupt to be tolerated in Europe.

There is zero moral justification for European colonization of America and displacement/extermination of the natives. Not much we can do about it now, but we can at least not bitch about small inconveniences visited on us by Native Americans.

You mean besides that it was the standard of pretty much all cultures of the time? All of them. It was also "whitey" european culture that turned around and started banning the practices that happened. It wasn't "we wuz kangs" in africa stopping slavery. Nope still doing it to this day. They sure aren't stopping genocide either.

Oh there's justification for it. That justification is "that's how the world used to work." You should be happy that it doesn't anymore at least in the civilized world. If you think we didn't learn from our fuckups, and imposed that on others you're fooling yourself.

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 07:37:
Yup, because we came in with our own slave trading and rape culture, and started a mass genocide on them!

Not really certain what MA thinks he's proving, but he'll probably deny that the US has any history of the above.
Don't worry beamer. I'm proving that your understanding of history is as narrow as a grain of rice.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4254 Comments. 213 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo