Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4032 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
3. No subject Apr 26, 2016, 11:49 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 11:00:
A bit torn here..I don't doubt it would take some work, and it would be questionable how many people would actually pay monthly for it.

I'm guessing the "pristine realm" option isn't what the vanilla folks would want? It doesn't sound like it...

Depends really. If it was say $4/mo I'd pay it to play on a vanilla server, I loved vanilla and TBC. I'd be happy to play servers that were 60/70(respective) capped and had all that nice original content to play. But some people want "max level" and the want to play that content with the difficulty ramped up too, and then there's stuff all in between.

I wouldn't expect it to be a huge thing, but there's probably enough of a niche between current subs and those who played on the emulated servers that they could make money off it. Hell they could even offload support to a group like MVPs and so on if they really wanted to.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
13. No subject Apr 26, 2016, 07:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 16:45:
I do not think Kotaku is journalistic, which is also why GamerGate's fury at them over "ethics" confuses me - it's a blog.

Kotaku labels themselves as "journalists" just a FYI. And when their parent company was in court recently for the Hogan sex tape, they labeled themselves as such too. Now you know why people have a problem with them. They want the label of journalists, while having the lack of accountability of bloggers. So people hold them to the first, and make complaints because they really are that shitty.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. No subject Apr 25, 2016, 22:02 Mashiki Amiketo

YAY for Bloodlines finally being sold somewhere else. Not at $20 though, talk about insane.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Apr 25, 2016, 12:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 11:14:
Wow, lost for words...the logic of your average redneck redditor is astonishing: some journos fall for a trollbait = WE WUZ RITE BOUT TEH #GG GUISE!!!111!

*facepalm*...also, HL3 confirmed.

At this point, shitposting and making stuff up so that these sites collapse is probably going to be the best thing to do. If they're not busy shilling for their friends or companies giving them free shit for xyz game, they're busy not even doing basic research and pumping out garbage that can be debunked in minutes.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. No subject Apr 21, 2016, 23:07 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 20:27:
Nuke them from orbit?

First thought in my head. Fuckers are just like cockroaches though, and would likely be the only thing left anyway.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
17. No subject Apr 18, 2016, 22:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Man I haven't even finished the first game, it's still sitting there. I even picked up a controller so I wouldn't have to suffer through the shit PC controls. Oh well, might get around to it when I finish withcer 3 in another 200 hours so so.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. No subject Apr 18, 2016, 06:09 Mashiki Amiketo

shihonage wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 05:07:
Oh geez, because we don't have enough radiation already.

Don't go outside, breath air, or eat food.

Also learn the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
20. No subject Apr 11, 2016, 21:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Razumen wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:56:

Aside from theories, why would it be more limited? There are already things modders can't do in FO4 because they don't have access to the tools, if anything the kit will expand mods much more than before.

Simply? Unless they add F4SE support, and the developers do so themselves you're going to be limited in the pool of what modders can release. The F4SE team has said repeatedly they're not supporting consoles at all. And if you look back to previous games(FO3, NV, Oblivion, Skyrim) all your fun mods require the SE unless(frostfall, UI changes, some clothing systems, weapon/ammo mods, expanded user ability mods, etc. Unless it's simply some form of graphical change, even then you're going to be limited to the amount of space available to load the mod into memory, I wouldn't be surprised if the game itself is still limited to 32bit memory addresses unlike on our 64bit machines. An example would be between Fo3/NV and Skyrim which allowed mesh-bodyshape meta data to be changed on the fly, which was done natively in skyrim but required the xSE and some cases custom extender plugins to handle it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Apr 11, 2016, 10:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Rust developer says fuck you. People in turn respond in kind.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
86. No subject Apr 10, 2016, 10:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Devinoch wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 03:49:

Er, I'm pretty sure you mean regressive right.

I'm not even sure what a regressive leftist would be...

No I mean regressive left. SJW's, radfems, anti-sex leftists, pro-authoritarian leftists, take your pick. They're there. Those whiny kids crying about Trump 2016 and how they're "triggered" yeah, regressive left. The ones who shut down debates by pulling fire alarms and trying "muh safe space" on the left? Regressive left. Politicians screaming "right wing fascists" against any dissenting viewpoint? Regressive left. The feminists out there protesting and attacking women for wanting to show of their sexuality? Yep, more regressive leftists.

Yells "islamophobia" but then attacks and counter protests gays when they're physically assaulted by islamists, regressive left.

The regressive right for all intents is dead, those on the left? Alive, kicking and there are plenty of mainstream politicians echoing their BS as well.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2016, 11:07.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

65. No subject Apr 8, 2016, 03:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Numinar wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 01:16:
Where did I indicate that I seek the banning, firing or silencing of anyone? I have no time for the extreme regressive left, and since I have a job and a life, I never have to meet or encounter them in any way except when the yahoos on the forum I frequent feel the need to inform me about how outrageous their impotent prattling is.

This torch and pitchfork crowd that cries big meaty man tears at the very mention of things that are not them or fuckable by them in their entertainment of choice, as if they are the sly tendrils of a grand conspiracy are everywhere these days! Gaming is full of these people for some reason. And I take great joy in their anguish regardless of how much of their politics I share. It makes me happy. You made me happy today. Thankyou.

Missed the /s I take it? It's okay.

You don't need to have time for the extreme regressive left, though it has plenty of time for you and it's 1920's style anti-sexual revolution mentality. Showing too much ankle at the beach? Better cover it up. Women wanting to use their sexuality to sell something? Better attack that magazine. Women enjoying sexuality(along with men) as a power fantasy? Better make sure it's banned and blocked for others enjoyment.

There are people crying over this, but it's really one sided. It's that regressive left element who is. Every time they say that "Tracer's butt is too sexy and should be removed from showing it off" every time that they hamfist some character into something with a shit bit of writing, and every time they push a developer not to release a product in the west because it'll offend their sensibilities. If living in the new moral panic about sexualizaton makes you happy, and it makes you happy to want to regress prior to the 1970's when women had the choice of doing whatever you want, and men were "allowed" to look because women wanted them to, you're part of the problem.

That whole period of "wanting women to do whatever they want" and that includes "showing off their body in a sexual way" must really hurt your feelings. Then again, why don't you want women to have jobs as models, or booth babes or go-go dancers.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

62. No subject Apr 8, 2016, 00:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Numinar wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 00:39:
Sounds like this game has much bigger problems than a throwaway GG joke and token trans NPC. Though there have been plenty of crap stories set in the FR in all sorts of mediums so they are in good company there.

But good on them anyway for getting those insane winguts who see the continued forward march of the moral zeitgeist as some kind of existential threat to their hairy white testicles that much closer to having a stroke. That's gods work that is.

Up next, Numinar demands the classical works of Shakespeare to be banned, but double downs on Romeo and Juliet because it's underage thus progressive. /s

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

60. No subject Apr 8, 2016, 00:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Rilcon wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 23:38:
"SJW" used to imply actual malice, ie. using social justice as an excuse to be an asshole, saying you care about X, but really only to get a pat on the back. These days the term is tossed around so much it vaguely applies to anyone left of /pol/. ...

As for DA:I, I can't personally remember there being any major hub-bub about it in general, or Krem in particular. I do remember some random forum posts somewhere complaining that the writing for them was bad, but given I didn't care much for Iron Bull I probably didn't get all the convo options or just glossed over them. AFAICR their gender wasn't brought up at all when talking to them.

No actually it's thrown around for anyone that's left of the general left. You know, those lovely regressive types that on one hand say "slut walks are great!" but "sexy breasts oppress me!" all in one go or turn around and pull fire alarms at speeches to shut down dissenting points of view. Perhaps you need to spend more time outside of the internet, where you'll bump into normies using SJW as an identifier for batshit insanity for those on the far left that act in a regressive way. Here maybe this will help you out.

But there was no real hub-bub over krem. If anything it's as you said, the main complaints were the writing. If DA:I was released today, those people complaining over Krem and the shitty writing would be labeled as "far right gamergooblers who hate women and trans people." Instead of letting people identify it for what it was: Shitty writing. GG's best recruitment tool has always been the regressive left, and especially those that like to use either guilt by association or labeling people as such.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

56. No subject Apr 7, 2016, 23:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Rilcon wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 20:49:
Also jfc stop shoving the term "SJW" everywhere, it's idiotic. There's no grand "SJW conspiracy" and the term barely means anything these days compared to what it used to.

You should spend more time watching what goes on at your local high school or university then. I think my favorite sjw garbage right now is shoving "how privileged are you assignments" on students, who are in grade 6. Of course all that privlidge stuff makes it very clear that if you're "white" or "male" or "hetrosexual" that's a bad thing. Gotta start that indoctrination young.

And to the person asking about "when did GG start" that would have been in the last week of August in 2014. DA:I November 2014, and no one like now gave a shit. And in this case, GG didn't give a shit either. But those hardcore BG fans, lore fans, and minsc fans? Holy shit balls, did they give a shit. You're welcome, it was that non-involved group of people who got involved, and many of them also joined GG. Mainly because dick weasels decided to label anyone who disagreed with the "holy transgender" and "shitty line" were automatically GG. You retards that were pushing that continue to be their best recruitment method.

edit: And if you think this was a backlash? Well this has been floating around for a couple of days now. This is the same author who wrote the trans lifestory. If you think that people are livid now, wait until they see them wanting to touch and "enhance" Planescape. Up next: Morte will go on a 12 page expose about how he's really a Apache attack helicopter, but was shot down over the swamps of Florida, and that's the only reason he's a floating skull now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. No subject Apr 7, 2016, 10:39 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 10:31:
I'm glad they're fixing Minsc, as I think I found that a lot more distressing than a shopkeeper. But I still feel like it was pretty ham handed.

The ending is terrible, worse than ME3 apparently. One of my buddies finished the campaign yesterday and said it would be the last thing from beamdog he'd ever buy.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Apr 7, 2016, 10:24 Mashiki Amiketo

We got caught pushing bullshit, BG fans called us out on it. Sorry, for being retards.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
64. No subject Apr 6, 2016, 11:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 10:23:
Sorry, that Medium article is terrible and is clearly someone looking for a fight. Or else has never played an RPG in their life. The complaint they most put forward about the character is that it's an awkward dialogue.
That's pretty good, you're doing a fine job of showing people that you think that anything that doesn't fit with your view point is "looking for a fight."

No. But I've never had any of the conversations in any RPG. Within 3 clicks of meeting any NPC in any RPG you know their life story and are being asked to complete a quest for them.

Have I ever had such an awkward conversation? No. But that's what video games require - you to find out someone's motivation immediately.

Really? I can't think of any NPC in a RPG that starts going off in the first 3 seconds about their life history and why they can be bothered to go get a girdle of sex change. So when did Taerom Fuiruim go and tell you his life story when he wanted to buy those ankheg shells...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

61. No subject Apr 6, 2016, 08:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 04:39:

Interesting article, much more accurately explained than the SJW websites of Eurogamer, Kotaku and TechRaptor. The one upside from all of this is hopefully it will sink Beamdog and we won't have to deal with their buggy games in the future.

I could care less if they have LGBT characters in the game, it's about the damage to a beloved franchise from changing prior characters and forcing RPG choices to only support one extremist political point of view. Like how a pro-slavery or pro-racism game would be received by gamers. But the people at Beamdog are too dumb to understand this. Instead they're calling upon the Anita's of the world to come rescue them with fake positive reviews.

There's a few posts over in the steam forums about the ending as well. Apparently the ending is so bad, it makes the original ME3 ending look good. Take it as you want, the discussion is here.

But you're right, they are too dumb apparently. On top of it all, they've decided to start locking and banning people from the EE forums for calling the BS out. This isn't going to end well, and instead of trying to fix this massive PR disaster they appear to have thrown gasoline on it.

One of the more interesting theories I ran across a bit ago, is that this entire thing was planned and they wanted to create outrage. If that's true, then they knew that the game was terrible, that it was broken, that the storyline was a steaming pile of garbage and they were hoping to cash in on people buying it "cuz them evils GG people are upset cuz trans..." BS, it's not working.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

57. No subject Apr 6, 2016, 00:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 23:29:

Yes, we've read your posts here enough to know you hated the game for including as trans character. But changed a beloved character? Which?

Really? That's some really good projection, especially since this is the first post I've done on this topic. And you seem to think that "I hate trans" or something along those lines, and not that the game is a bug riddled piece of shit that has so many scripting errors that it pukes all over itself. Would you like to start with Jaheira or Minsc? The clusterfuck with Safana perhaps?

edit: Maybe this will help you out. FYI the guy is not pro-GG and is effectively neutral, but can figure this out. It's not rocket surgery.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2016, 00:31.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. No subject Apr 5, 2016, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:48:
Panama Papers. It seems like the powers that be are having a harder time keeping their conspiracies as 'Conspiracy Theories' these days. So far an Iceland politician resigned, but that's Iceland - if you're corrupt there or a mafia bankster - you're pretty much toast.

The CRA(think IRS for Americans) here in Canada, has apparently ordered agents to skim the papers for people who need to be audited. And the minster in charge of the CRA apparently wants a full review of the tax code as well, there's also a motion before the senate to table a bill to close the loopholes.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4032 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo