Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3998 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
4. No subject Apr 7, 2016, 10:39 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 10:31:
I'm glad they're fixing Minsc, as I think I found that a lot more distressing than a shopkeeper. But I still feel like it was pretty ham handed.

The ending is terrible, worse than ME3 apparently. One of my buddies finished the campaign yesterday and said it would be the last thing from beamdog he'd ever buy.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
1. No subject Apr 7, 2016, 10:24 Mashiki Amiketo

We got caught pushing bullshit, BG fans called us out on it. Sorry, for being retards.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
64. No subject Apr 6, 2016, 11:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 10:23:
Sorry, that Medium article is terrible and is clearly someone looking for a fight. Or else has never played an RPG in their life. The complaint they most put forward about the character is that it's an awkward dialogue.
That's pretty good, you're doing a fine job of showing people that you think that anything that doesn't fit with your view point is "looking for a fight."

No. But I've never had any of the conversations in any RPG. Within 3 clicks of meeting any NPC in any RPG you know their life story and are being asked to complete a quest for them.

Have I ever had such an awkward conversation? No. But that's what video games require - you to find out someone's motivation immediately.

Really? I can't think of any NPC in a RPG that starts going off in the first 3 seconds about their life history and why they can be bothered to go get a girdle of sex change. So when did Taerom Fuiruim go and tell you his life story when he wanted to buy those ankheg shells...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

61. No subject Apr 6, 2016, 08:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 04:39:

Interesting article, much more accurately explained than the SJW websites of Eurogamer, Kotaku and TechRaptor. The one upside from all of this is hopefully it will sink Beamdog and we won't have to deal with their buggy games in the future.

I could care less if they have LGBT characters in the game, it's about the damage to a beloved franchise from changing prior characters and forcing RPG choices to only support one extremist political point of view. Like how a pro-slavery or pro-racism game would be received by gamers. But the people at Beamdog are too dumb to understand this. Instead they're calling upon the Anita's of the world to come rescue them with fake positive reviews.

There's a few posts over in the steam forums about the ending as well. Apparently the ending is so bad, it makes the original ME3 ending look good. Take it as you want, the discussion is here.

But you're right, they are too dumb apparently. On top of it all, they've decided to start locking and banning people from the EE forums for calling the BS out. This isn't going to end well, and instead of trying to fix this massive PR disaster they appear to have thrown gasoline on it.

One of the more interesting theories I ran across a bit ago, is that this entire thing was planned and they wanted to create outrage. If that's true, then they knew that the game was terrible, that it was broken, that the storyline was a steaming pile of garbage and they were hoping to cash in on people buying it "cuz them evils GG people are upset cuz trans..." BS, it's not working.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

57. No subject Apr 6, 2016, 00:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 23:29:

Yes, we've read your posts here enough to know you hated the game for including as trans character. But changed a beloved character? Which?

Really? That's some really good projection, especially since this is the first post I've done on this topic. And you seem to think that "I hate trans" or something along those lines, and not that the game is a bug riddled piece of shit that has so many scripting errors that it pukes all over itself. Would you like to start with Jaheira or Minsc? The clusterfuck with Safana perhaps?

edit: Maybe this will help you out. FYI the guy is not pro-GG and is effectively neutral, but can figure this out. It's not rocket surgery.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2016, 00:31.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. No subject Apr 5, 2016, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:48:
Panama Papers. It seems like the powers that be are having a harder time keeping their conspiracies as 'Conspiracy Theories' these days. So far an Iceland politician resigned, but that's Iceland - if you're corrupt there or a mafia bankster - you're pretty much toast.

The CRA(think IRS for Americans) here in Canada, has apparently ordered agents to skim the papers for people who need to be audited. And the minster in charge of the CRA apparently wants a full review of the tax code as well, there's also a motion before the senate to table a bill to close the loopholes.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

54. No subject Apr 5, 2016, 23:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Blackhawk wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 16:03:
Are people so desperate for real issues to get upset about that one NPC shopkeeper becomes a 'controversy?'

You mean when someone decides to add garbage to beloved characters, and change characters because of their ideology it's not a problem? If they're that desperate for this stuff, let them write their own garbage. Don't use existing characters for your own soapbox, don't shoehorn stuff in either. But that's all just icing on the cake compared to how bad the game is in terms of bugs, broken MP, shit UI, did I mention bugs? First game I've ever gotten a refund on. That's how shitty it is.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. No subject Apr 1, 2016, 22:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 18:15:
I'm waiting for the politicians to declare adblockers are illegal. You know it's coming.

Wouldn't hold up in court.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
22. No subject Apr 1, 2016, 00:27 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 23:50:
I think this gives us a hint though.

Honestly, I think that was what really got their attention. More then even the Wayne Foundation going after her and nintendo. Like I mentioned before, the rumor floating around is that even those pictures weren't the moonlighting gig, it was her working for Sega. It'll be interesting to see if that's actually the case though.

Something funny though, they canned her ass from Treehouse. But they haven't canned the asses from Treehouse that can't do their job of providing a proper localization. Well there's always hope in that...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
20. No subject Mar 31, 2016, 23:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 23:21:

That's not a rumor. That's what the article is about. Both her and Nintendo confirmed that that was the official reason for termination.
The article says she was fired for moonlighting. Not who she was moonlighting for.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
18. No subject Mar 31, 2016, 22:58 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 22:53:
I wonder if these kind of photos were the ones that got her fired.

There's a rumor floating around that her cause for termination was moonlighting at Sega(she was definitely moonlighting though). That whole fist fight between console makers in the 90's never went away. But something to keep in mind, she was PR. She posted that on an account that is her own and was also used for official nintendo PR.

But I find all of this kind of funny. Especially the people in this thread blaming GG, and of course these are the same people who claim GG is dead. So to borrow something we're going to call this "Schrodinger's Gamergate." A movement both alive and dead, that has power, but has no power to do anything.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
16. No subject Mar 31, 2016, 22:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Overon wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 19:23:
Neither the SJW nor the GG's people can help themselves and not attempt to get people they do not like fired. That's the thing you do. Two sides of the same ugly coin. Yes I know that large diverse groups cannot be policed. I applaud the folks so said things like "we should not be trying to get her fired, that's what the other side does."

Uh-huh. Funny that GG didn't have anything to do with it, and it was the wayne foundation(aka the normies) that took up the charge on it. Just remember what sloppy journalism looks like.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2016, 22:46.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Nova: Covert Ops Mission 1 Released
1. No subject Mar 30, 2016, 10:44 Mashiki Amiketo

FYI patch(that came out with this release) has fixed death animations for large creatures which was broken in the last patch.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD & NVIDIA Drivers: PC Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture Revealed
1. No subject Mar 29, 2016, 01:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Well the AMD drivers seem to be pretty damned solid. Even fixed some of the odd flickering in OGL.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops Bonuses
2. No subject Mar 26, 2016, 23:57 Mashiki Amiketo

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 13:01:
Hahaha those greedy fucks. $14.99 for a measly nine missions (not even in one piece but three times three). Regular price is $22.47 even. Buncha shitcocks!

At $14 for 9 missions, that's less then half the cost of the last expansion or the previous one which had 18-21 missions. Seems to be a fair price to me.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject Mar 21, 2016, 11:16 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 03:40:
... So please, shut the fuck up. When there you have kids skipping school, dropping out, due to gaming addiction you have serious problems, when you have adults skipping work, due to gaming addiction, you have serious problems. ...

This is not Jack Thompson batshit crazy agendas we are talking about here, this is a nation with a serious problem that needs solving and quickly....

What, you mean like what the US has a problem with drugs, or booze? All of that shit you just mentioned happens in the US as well, and none of it's gaming related. FYI S.Korea's economy is still growing at a rate that should be making Americans heads hang in shame. For a country that you say has such a problem with gaming addiction, they sure are doing an amazing job with such a handicap. Especially when their economic growth is between 3-8% over the last 6 years.

But considering that many of the laws and regulations are being pushed by the fundamentalist religious nuts there, yes it's bat shit crazy agenda time. And yes, I've been to S.Korea.

ZeroPike1 wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 04:40:
In a country where people die at there PC's playing games... We might see this as Government knee-jerking reaction that would make the US look like the good guys(which is harder to do now then ever).

As he said below its enough of a national problem that it requires rules like this. Wait until fingerprint tech is required to scan people for buying beer in the US.

You mean like where people in the west die because of drugs, booze, and other poor lifestyle habits? In their homes, in cars, on the streets.

Then again, in most of the west this is called a "nanny state" and people in general are against that because they believe that self-determination and personal choice have consequences for good and ill.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Mar 20, 2016, 22:03 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 18:19:
How South Korea's Government Is Destroying The Korean Gaming Industry…

Aren't they doing that themselves by churning out MMO clone after MMO clone?

Nope. It's what the US would have been like in the 90's if Hillary Clinton and Jack Thompson would have won.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. No subject Mar 18, 2016, 23:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 22:21:
Scummy as Gawker is and regardless of how hard it needs to be smacked down $115M is absurd - never mind the fact it'll never happen anyway.

Against a site like Gawker? I'm disappointed it's so low. Especially after Denton's response to "how low of an age would you publish for a sex tape" and he responded with "5 year old sex tapes are a-okay in our book."

edit: Jury awards amount to Hogan, now moving onto punitive phase. Gawker is done.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2016, 23:09.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. No subject Mar 17, 2016, 09:53 Mashiki Amiketo

"Players want free content without realising the impact
of their actions on the entire games industry."

No you jackass, players want content that isn't ripped out of the game in the first place. And in the other they don't want malware infecting their machines and turning them into bitcoin miners or part of some botnet.

Fix your ads and it won't be a problem.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4: Automatron Next Week
4. No subject Mar 14, 2016, 22:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 20:25:
With or without retarded AI which makes them more of a liability than a benefit?

With retarded AI of course. You can bet that the first robot you find will go berserk and then rush into a mirelurk queen banging it's head off of it instead of firing lasers or rockets.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3998 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo