Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4079 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
5. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 00:26 Mashiki Amiketo

ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 21:53:
Complaining about babes. You millennials truly are the worst fucking generation ever.

Don't tell them that, you might trigger them. Or that women also like looking at sexy women...and men.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm DirectX 11 Patch on PTR
4. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 00:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Phasenoise wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 23:22:
Because DX12 is basically crap.

I'd like to see Vulkan supported though, although much of the same problem applies there (game developer needs to know ins and outs of the cards).

No real excuse. Vulcan is supported on the previous 3/4 generations of videocards out on the market now, same with DX12.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
19. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 00:23 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 09:43:

Okay, thanks for the info.

Yep NP.

The only downside to this is that unless they include SKSE instructions in the new version, we're all going to have to wait for a new script extender before all of the good mods become available again. I'm hoping that they do that, it would save the SKSE team some work.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
15. No subject Jul 5, 2016, 09:19 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 08:22:

So I guess that the legendary skills have been patched into the regular version, too?

They were patched in a long time ago in patch 1.9(1.9.29.0.8 or beta 1.9.26.08) current patch is Version 1.9.32.0.8

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
27. No subject Jul 5, 2016, 06:14 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 05:21:
I forgot how many expert economists we had on this site.

The loophole of virtual items is going to need to get dealt with at some point.

Hey well, everyone can read wikipedia or investopedia and become experts in mere minutes! Never mind they'd likely lose their shirt in 10 minutes of doing trades or something.

Anyway, there's a reason why in most countries there's a minimum age requirement for gambling(usually in the 17-21 range). And that's because it's known that gambling is a very easy trap to fall into and the chance of winning anything will reinforce the possibility of winning again. Really, these guys are likely in for a hell of a shock, since where they're operating out of...it's illegal without following the paper work. Similar to what several YTers discovered in running random draws, you in some cases need to escrow for the amount beforehand.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
13. No subject Jul 5, 2016, 06:09 Mashiki Amiketo

NetHead wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 05:06:

That's pretty much how it works for any company wanting to deal in certain territories, follow their laws or get fined/kicked out.

It's the reason Steam has refunds, they were forced to either have a refund system, get fined until they do or loose access to a market.

Yep. And looking at the regs and laws surrounding this. It appears that Bethesda may not be in the clear, since it would be considered "a product of similar likeness" aka same shit, more expensive.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
10. No subject Jul 4, 2016, 23:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 12:31:
Valve's a US company though and I'm pretty sure the Competition Bureau has no authority over them in this case. Could be wrong but I think that's the case.

You're wrong. If a company sells a product in Canada, they fall under the auspices of the competition bureau. The same way that if you offer a product in Canada and it has a privacy policy, it falls under the federal privacy act, and provincial privacy acts.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
1. No subject Jul 4, 2016, 11:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Well looks like it's time to file a complaint with the competition bureau. Jacking up the price on something higher then the original base price prior to a sale is illegal as fuck here in Canada.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. No subject Jul 2, 2016, 12:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Duh. There's been a lot of really shitty games(Mighty no9), and a lot of games that have come off as scams or simply haven't shipped. That means people have gotten good at spotting the bullshit.

Doesn't help that the indie clique basically caused this, and they're going to crash and burn because of it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. No subject Jul 2, 2016, 00:26 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 12:26:
I know some people will not like it, but to me it is the only sane way of looking at it with where we've come from and where we are going. You want a private pc, disconnect it. The moment you plug it in, that is like your PC walking down the street... public.

Nope it makes no sense and isn't sane. It's an example of the judiciary being 20 years behind the times like usual. Going by your reasoning, having your house hooked up to the local utilities is the same thing. Thus people can just walk in through your front door and rifle through your belongings looking for stuff.

There's a reason why in most countries there are definitions of public, semi-private and private access to a home/dwelling house. And things inside the building are considered private, and in some cases require a fundamentally different or expanded warrant to be able to access unless it falls into the "plain view doctrine."

But going by the judges ruling, hacking a business is now legal(it's their "home computer" in their definition). So it's open season according to them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Announced
5. No subject Jun 30, 2016, 11:57 Mashiki Amiketo

sauron wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 11:50:
Yay! I already own all three games so this is like free candy!

Yep. Also glad more companies are getting on board with the "If you already own everything, you get it for free" line of thinking. It's a inexpensive way to foster better dev/publisher relations with customers.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details
7. No subject Jun 30, 2016, 11:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Dupe due to "server error"  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. No subject Jun 30, 2016, 11:25 Mashiki Amiketo

ViRGE wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 03:18:
You're my kind of people.

KA took some liberties with the size/agility of ships, but damn if it wasn't fun.

Thanks man. There's a whole mod community out there still dedicated to it. For those that can't get it to work on modern OS's including Win10 look for komat's patches. The game itself is ripe for a remake though, people would likely buy it up like no tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those titles where no one knows who actually owns what, much like NOLF.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Jun 29, 2016, 22:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Well I can agree with both of the above comments. I always wanted a combination of KA and ST:BC. Still nothing tops KA in terms of what you could do, but BC came close.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC
8. No subject Jun 23, 2016, 00:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Numinar wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 23:14:
Also a Homeworld-style single player campaign would be good. Or maybe something more open ended to suit the scale of the game. lots of places they could go with it.

That's really the only thing missing in SoAE and my only real disappointment with both games.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
10. No subject Jun 21, 2016, 23:20 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 13:52:

Also I wonder how many really good men had to prove themselves. Just sayin'

Quite a few. You must be pretty new to the whole competitive/pro-gaming stuff if you don't realize this goes on all the damn time. The only thing that seems to stand out is "it's a girl" so that makes it a story.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
20. No subject Jun 21, 2016, 12:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 11:36:
Yeah, this makes no sense, well unless the game is UNDER selling. I don't see anything near the word of mouth or enthusiasm, for doom. Guess it could just be consoles selling the majority of the games and they are desperate to keep it in the news. At least they didn't pull another idiot carmack move and make it about jump scares in every room. Rolleyes

Well they're charging $80cdn for the game and $60 for the season pass. That's enough to stop a lot of people from going lolno, and just waiting for the ultra-gold-emperor-demonkiller edition to be released in a years time.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. No subject Jun 21, 2016, 10:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Oiling works very well for most grills, I've used flax, veggie oil, and shortening. I prefer shortening out of them all, but to each their own. Done right, it'll get you though the season and you can simply store then reapply next year as a touch-up. Same deal with cast iron skillets(especially if you like corn bread done in them) if you use them and seasoning them. Everyone has their favorite method, done right? No issues though.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
4. No subject Jun 21, 2016, 10:10 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 09:54:
Really? Where? The leaked press "demo" of DXHR turned a lot of peoples opinions around, mine included.

Very much so. I was on the fence over DXHR, and downloaded the leaked press demo and went to instabuy. I didn't even know there was a demo out for this, either I missed the original announcement or the statement was so small I didn't see it anywhere I normally frequent.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. No subject Jun 20, 2016, 11:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Two kinds of scum first thing in the morning. But it's always a good thing when they admit to being an idiot right off the bat. I'm rooting for blizz slapping them down as hard as possible.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4079 Comments. 204 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo