Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4339 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 15:34 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on May 8, 2018, 13:57:
2 can play this game.
I blame the NRA for school shootings.

You're in a good boat with most democrats then. And also out of touch.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 15:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 13:08:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 02:45:
Beamer and RedEye seem especially quiet on this Rolleyes

I don't live in South Korea. I live in the US. I'd like to fix my own yard before having strong opinions on yards I've never been in. It isn't like a problem being worse elsewhere means it's ok here. If your water has lead in it, you don't ignore it because the water in Flint has even more lead in it.

And not all feminists are good. That doesn't mean someone like Mashiki is right, or isn't a miserable failure looking to blame women for his insecurities and inadequacies. And, when he says Anita Sarkeesian is radical, then says people posting images of mangled penises are radical, well, you know he doesn't live in reality. He only pops up here to make posts like this, then flees when called out.

Don't worry, I live rent free in your head. But try projecting less and considering your desire for a regressive society it's pretty easy to see.

p.s. I don't flee, some of us actually work in the real world. I just reply when I'm not working. You might want to try it sometime.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 15:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 14:05:

Except pretty much ever "socjus" criticized the whole thing at least as loudly as people like you did. What do we call you, anyway? Your primary interest in the world is social justice, and you do it from behind a keyboard, so you qualify as a social justice warrior by most definitions.

Except you want to hinder it. Your main goal in life is status quo, and making sure that the current social status quo remains constant. That things remain how you like them, how you personally are comfortable, and what benefits you (even though it's generally clear you don't feel like you benefitted much, or have achieved much, and it's the fault of everyone else.)
You mean besides that the socjus voices didn't? They got articles published in various socjus magazines and were promoted by it. Your stunning ignorance in believing that I do this from just behind a keyboard is well...staggering. What would you call me? Mainstream society.

My primary interest is against people who want to create a world where you have to step so carefully from offending someone that if you piss in the wrong direction, that it's offensive.

So what does that make you? A regressive, a person who wants to move the world back to the times pre-sexual revolution. Why don't you explain to everyone why you need safe spaces, word watchers, restricted media, and censorship to make the world a better place.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 9, 2018, 15:25 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on May 9, 2018, 14:53:
That's Nova Scotia law enforcement for ya, if that same 19 year old had been in the great USofA he'd be swinging by his own bed sheet in a comfortably furnished cell.
Hardly. First NS, doesn't have much of law enforcement outside of the RCMP(federal). That's provincial government(NS) sending the RCMP(federal police) after the kid, the media spotlight getting large enough that it was in fact a government IT fuckup was the cause of it, and they had no recourse to try and save face public backlash. If it had been in the USA, the same would likely have happened. And it has happened before as well.

On the other hand, you now have people being threatened for using the wrong gendered pronouns in Canada. Much freedom.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Apr 17, 2018, 13:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Or in simple terms. Bully hunters shuts down after being outed as fraud, burning bridges, acting as bullies attacking people. Then threatening the sponsors. A good end, go more socjus garbage.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2018, 12:06 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 11:28:
As usual the wannabe mysoginists are stirred up over a woman daring to wear a t-shirt that says "Girls do not need a prince," sigh.

As usual. The person that can't do research, doesn't realize the t-shirt was promoted by a misandrist organization that has supporters that have engaged in pedophilia and child abuse. And is right there...defending it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2018, 22:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 21:19:
I was at work on my phone when I wrote my original post, so linking was a bit beyond my capacity. Basically I just googled "South Korean feminist group Megalia". I checked out a lot of the first and even some second page hits and amongst them I found some pretty alarming stuff. One page involved graphic pictures of mangled penises. There was a lot of basic feminism, but also a lot of genuine misandry being promoted. The word "radical" when describing feminists gets thrown around a lot (too much really and no, Anita Sarkeesian is not what I'd consider a radical feminist) but in the case of Megalia I think it genuinely applies.
You just posted what I did about 9 months ago, and was called crazy for it. And considering I just got back from working a gig there, well crazy is an understatement. There's a lot of talk in tech circles there over this, mainly because they don't want equality, they want to use violence for supremacy. Round that out that there's ties between the ex-female president(that just got 24 years in prison), this group and another feminist cult? Well it gets more interesting.

Oh it's a fun rabbit hole, enjoy the extremism. Sarkeesian is a radical feminist though, but that's only in the sphere of pushing things like "video games cause misogyny, sexism, cause men to be mass-shooters" and so on. Surprised there isn't a story on the "bullyhunters" thing yet, oh well maybe tomorrow. That'll be a shitshow to enjoy, especially since it's been cycling in games media for a day or so now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC
7. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Feb 25, 2018, 21:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 20:25:
And the democratic version is just as bad, full of the same rich assholes. It is to the point where neither party represents most of us in the middle.

I pretty much ignore all of them.....

Going by what they said, I'm guessing they've never been to a PAC of any kind and are only doing what they know best: Repeating what they've been told.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
177. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 25, 2018, 20:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 08:43:
THE LIBERALS WANT TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY FASCIST!

WE NEED MILITARIZED ARMED GUARDS IN ALL OUR SCHOOLS! NOTHING FASCIST SOUNDING ABOUT THAT AT ALL!

Ask yourselves if any of the school shootings in Israel were committed by students.
Yes. Are you that unable to actually go look it up for yourself? Or are you going to get on the "authoritarian train" like usual and start screeching that enumerated rights should be revoked because it hurts your feelings.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

176. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 25, 2018, 20:57 Mashiki Amiketo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 14:30:
It's funny how Trump is so concerned with violent videogames and not the fact that firearms are freely available. Other countries have violent videogames without having mass shootings; the thing they have in common is sensible gun control. It's almost like he's pandering to his voter base rather than concerned about effective governance.

I am thankful the Tangerine Mussolini is not in charge of my country.
So which is it? He's a dictator for supporting gun rights? Or he's a dictator because progressives want him to take guns and he's refusing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

175. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 25, 2018, 20:56 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 09:21:

Add to that a 300% tax on ammo, powder, primers, shells, casings, brass, molds, reloading presses, bullet seaters, crimp dies etc...

But there is nothing we can do except watch our kids get mowed down in Algebra 1 or at concerts.
sigh

Oh let's add words too that too, then you'd be right at home. Your authoritarianism is showing again.

No no, don't ask the hard questions like why did the Boward Co., police force have an active policy not to arrest students for crimes or even serious crimes. Or why gangs started using students for serious crimes, because they knew they'd be let go. Or that the officers failed to act multiple times when there were viable threats from the residence he was at.

Also don't ask the questions as to why there were multiple ISU's against that police force involving letting students go who'd committed felonies and their officers getting paid off on it. It's all the fault of guns, not a police for which was so corrupt that I'm surprised that this didn't happen earlier.

FYI: That same policy of not arresting students? It's modeled on the one from Miami-dade, which is still in force as a working policy. Wonder how many times they've looked away there too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Control Countersuit
6. No subject Feb 23, 2018, 08:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Good luck, P&F have done just about everything they could to show that they're the hostile actors in this. Did nothing with it for decades, despite the fact that SC fans were clammering for a real SC3. Then decided to be pricks and file a DMCA, and that was after stardock let them have say in the project.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

57. No subject Feb 23, 2018, 08:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Zoom wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 07:46:
On another perspective, i'm curious about arming all teachers, and why not students, in order to transform the USA into a giant real life Battle Royale playground. I also propose laying anti personel mines around schools and having mounted miniguns on roof corners for added fun and dakka. If you think i'm joking: just watch the GOP representatives these days, and what they proposed while on Fox News...
There's quite a few places that use armed teachers on campus. Israel is an example of this, they had several school shootings and then required that a minimum of 4 teachers and guards be armed at all times. It suddenly stopped. The only thing that gun-free zones create, are places with an easy access to people to shoot. Even up here in Canada, if the person doesn't have access to a gun? Stabbings are the way to go, and we've had a spike in those over the last few years.

Yeah it's so funny that so many anti-gun nuts lose their ability to think. Then again, considering the crap in this thread. Those same anti-gun nuts are screaming that guns have to be restricted, and in the same breath unironically they also scream that Trump is a dictator. Well I suppose you can have your way on that if you really want, know what screams dictator? Removing fundamentally guaranteed rights.(p.s. this is something that Trump also argued against)

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

42. No subject Feb 23, 2018, 03:14 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 00:08:
I hope Trump tries to ban violent games. Please do it. Pleeease take the vidya away from your supporters.
Don't worry, if he did he'd have the gaming press lining up cheering them on just like you are. Just like all those democrats did in the past too. It's almost like your irrational hate makes you stop thinking critically.

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:10:
hunting, personal protection, sport.

the AR in AR-15 doesn't stand for Assault Rifle, who knew.
Everyone who's ever fired a gun in their life(even those of us in Canada), obviously not most of the people who think that AR-15 means assault rifle and several people in this thread.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. No subject Feb 22, 2018, 23:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 23:34:
In almost every state, you can buy a gun years before you can buy a beer.
Yeah and in every state, you can buy a car as soon as you have your learners permit too. In some cases as young as 13.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
46. No subject Feb 22, 2018, 23:29 Mashiki Amiketo

SMITE wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 19:16:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 01:54:
poor, poor Hillary

had to cheat at the debate with Trump by being given the questions in advance.
:

Oh look, a conservative is lying on the internet again:

https://www.snopes.com/clinton-received-debate-questions-week-before-debate/

The thing about arguing with someone like you, dog, is that you don't really care whether the things you say are true or not. I could prove you wrong ten out of ten times and you wouldn't bat an eye. You'd just keep up with the same old bullshit, because veracity doesn't matter--as long as a claim fits with your world view, your narrative--that's all that matters to you.

Snopes is complete garbage. Words right from the horses mouth, Brazille not sorry she leaked debate questions. Maybe you should stop trusting what fact checkers are telling you and do research on your own? If conservative internet is "the washington post" then I'm sure you're in a good place right now comrade.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

45. No subject Feb 22, 2018, 23:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 10:15:
Oh look, the literal Nazi sympathiser who links to extremist content is complaining about people being concerned about extremists again.
Oh look, the progressive that thinks everyone who doesn't agree with their view of the world is a nazi. What a world to live in, do you check under your bed for people in shiny boots before you go to sleep?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. No subject Feb 22, 2018, 23:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Saboth wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 19:55:
Yet another topic on the very, very long list of things Trump has no clue about. Trumpy, if I need advice on how to con rubes, I'll give you a ring. On every other topic, I'd ask a 10 year old first.

"I'm hearing more and more people," translates to "I saw some old rando Bible Belt pastor on Fox and Friends talk about this, so it must be true."

What a national embarrassment.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear you were so supportive of democrat efforts(Hillary Clinton, Leeland Yee, Tipper Gore, Joe Liberman, etc), when they were speaking on the same shit and screeching it was video games. Oh you didn't? Gee, how's that bubble where you think everyone agrees on all issues working these days.

Man can you just look at that though? Look at all those progressive outlets(ARS, Polygon, Kotaku, RPS) and so on all saying that gamers are the cause of sexism, racism, bigotry and all that shit too. And are suddenly whining about this now? Never mind they spent 3.3 years pushing that *exact* message and narrative. Oh...wait, several of you were perfectly fine with that. But gun violence? A bridge too far now...

What an embarrassment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. No subject Feb 17, 2018, 09:36 Mashiki Amiketo

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 07:28:
lol you're so full of shit, here is the actual indictment and it is the opposite of the garbage you are spewing.
indictment
Did you even read it? I guess not otherwise, you'd know what I wrote was right. Go on, let me know when you get to the part where they supported *everyone* but there is no collusion. And even at that, it was openly stated it had *no* effect on the election. Also, going by your exceedingly low bar, every person posting in this thread is meddling in the election.

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 07:46:
We are so glad you're back, did 4chan kick you out?
Now about that Nunes memo you were so fond of that was going to prove pizzagate (or whatever bizarro conspiracy theory you will fall for next), how's that going for ya kiddo. I'm guessing by your post that they still use lead pipes for the water supply in your part of Canada, you might want to use a filter.
You seem upset and still pretty upset over the nunes memo. Then again, going by the amount you post do you work these days? Some of us do, and actually have to conserve our time. Are you that upset that the democrat one wasn't released because they included methods and classified material that would require it to go back? You seem to be following the beamer path of insanity though, and still don't understand what the word 'coincidence' means. Going by your inability to read, let alone understand what the indictment actually says? I shouldn't be surprised, most people have never taken a law class in their lives. Yourself included. But I bet you were sure hammering away the other day when the media started claiming that the FL shooter was a 'white nationalist' nice conspiracy theory though wasn't it.

Saboth wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 08:07:
Just about everything you said is wrong. These indictments do not prove collusion, but this investigation is perhaps halfway over. We already have associates and member's of Trumps inner circle who have taken plea deals and found guilty.
Said that, you apparently can't read either. Then again I guess that's why several of them have also filed 4th amendment violations with the court. Do you know the term "fishing expedition" in law?

Perhaps look up the history on how these investigations work. You start at the bottom and round up as many low-level guys as possible and see how many will turn on the ones up top. So far some are taking plea deals for very low-level crimes. That sounds like the investigators are struggling to find real crimes here, but it's quite the opposite. The lesser the crime they take a plea deal on means the more real dirt they are turning over so that the people up top will face the *true* charges.
Except going by what's happened that's the exact opposite isn't it? See that first sentence you wrote. Then again, do you know how these investigations work. They're not being charged with low-level crimes either, so again you don't seem to get it.

As for ID laws, you have provided zero evidence that in-person voter fraud has occurred. Do you have any? About 10-20 cases of it have been proven in the past decade or so. Obviously it's just not happening.
See, here's where you don't get it. If 13 'russians' have influenced the election apparently with memes and shitposting, going by your reasoning and the die-hard anti-trumpers here. Then millions of illegals have also influenced the election as well. This is on top of the fact that illegals are counted in the census and is used for the electoral college.

You should also ask yourself why every western country except the US has voter ID laws, and we have voter fraud even in Canada with it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes
32. No subject Feb 17, 2018, 01:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 08:35:
As for proving you are over 18, is there actually a meaningful way to do that online?
Credit cards generally work well, not always perfectly however. The other option is to restrict lootboxes to M rated titles. The laws are already in place in many states and provinces that restrict sales to those who are above the age of majority.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4339 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo