Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4278 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
9. No subject Dec 14, 2017, 10:02 Mashiki Amiketo

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 15:47:
Graphically it's amazing, but gameplay is just awful, imo. Seems designed for the pre pubescent crowd.

NSFW: You should like this then meet Loot Skywalker. a star wars battlefront 2 psa.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 13:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Nullity wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:37:

Good, serves them right. That "something" should logically be, "tone it down, Scrooge McDuck", but unfortunately, that's not how the brains of executives, shareholders, and marketing departments work.
Sure is, but keep in mind that shareholders expect returns for that investment. CEO's have been forced out less, and EA has shutdown studios for failing to sell just under the expected demand. This time, it's all on marketing and the CEO's vision on what they expected they could get away with. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year or so that we hear the "CEO is moving on to new things."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
17. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 13:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 10:41:
Religious folks went to Congress to get games banned. They wrote legislation.

People "screeching" on social media don't do that. Yet, still, we have you screeching here all the time about your pet social issues.
Leland Yee is religious? Oh right, he was a progressive democrat who wrote legislation to get games banned. Just like Hillary Clinton, Tipper Gore, Joe Liberman and so on tried to get things banned and in some cases did impose censorship far beyond what those "religious folk" managed to do.

Yeah, the people on social media however don't generally play those games but are still managing to get things censored because it hurts their feelings. Funny how you're no longer against censorship because it looks like they're on your team.

You know what? While we're at it, why don't you tell everyone how much social justice is helping them. It sure works for Lindsay Shepard who the socjus people tried to censor because she tried to present both sides to an argument but they simply labeled her a racist and nazi(until it hit the mainstream press and Laurier backpedaled). By all means, explain how this is helping society.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 13:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Nullity wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:58:
Yeah, they'll just have to get more clever with their greed.
They'll have to do something, because the estimated sales are under 1.1m physical units, and they were expecting to sell 13m copies. I doubt once we hear the next earnings call that they'll have sold more then 3m copies including digital which aren't counted.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
15. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 10:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Numinar wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 06:02:

You know what, I get it. I see what you are scared of, I don't want the outrage brigade or the religious right or some mullah/bishop/CSM bigwig forcing their banal conformity on artists like they have tried and failed to do in the past either.

I just don't feel it yet or see it here. I don't see how somebody finding something in a game gross and letting the developer know on twitter is censorship. If the developer/artist really cared enough about it they could have stood up to these complaints and backed their vision (As I'm sure all those hentai anime games do), but it turns out they didn't care. Because detailed flangery was never a part of their vision.
And yet, look at the mobs of literal nobodies that don't play the game that get it changed. The same people who don't game but push agendas. Which is where this one came from. It was the same types who pushed the complaints over boobplate in D:OS.

The problem that most people aren't getting is that developers see a "flood" of attacks against them, and think that they're actual fans. Compare this to say Paradox, who listened when one of their devs did fuck up and fans said stop with the political bullshit and make the game. See here's the problem between say eastern(and eastern european devs) and western devs. An eastern dev will simply say "it's our design, don't like it tough." A western dev will buckle under mob pressure over how much cleavage is shown, and then ignore the fans who are pissed off over it because of the media optics.

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 09:17:
I mean, reading this thread, only one person seems "outraged," no?

Same guy that's always outraged over these types of things.
I'm not sure what's worse. That you're okay with a mob on social media screeching at a developer to change something because it hurts their sensibilities. Or that a decade ago you'd be right here, complaining that some religious nut/thinkofthechildren nut was trying to get a game banned, something changed because reasons. I hope you're liking your new religion though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GTA Online The Doomsday Heist Released
2. No subject Dec 12, 2017, 23:59 Mashiki Amiketo

New radio station too. Though if you have reshade installed, or anything like it appears to crash the fuck out of the updater.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Dec 12, 2017, 05:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Numinar wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 00:55:

How do you feel about the randomized skin colour and penis size in Rust? How would you feel if there was a tiny outline of a shrunken dick bulge on the male model? I'm just wondering about the worldview of dudes who think this is a big deal.

No fucks given at all. Just like I couldn't give a single fuck if they made the person 89lbs or 430lbs and did more rolling then walking to get around. You're kinda missing the point though. That is, you have a group of people complaining because something is offending their sensibilities. They're no different then a religious nut screeching that D&D and Harry Potter are satanic.

The women I understand. The views I've seen show they think it's kinda gross or don't care, which means it is probably worth changing. Maybe some girls want some camel toe? I haven't heard from any yet.
"gross" jesus it's like I'm in grade 5 and it's the 1980's all over again. It bothers me more that people are "outraged" over camel toe, rather then letting the studio and artists make the game however they want with whatever models they want. Remember the outrage over D:OS and boobplate? Bet you don't, but it was the same complete whining by exactly the same types of people. But hey, don't worry that some whiny puritan is getting upset and they want shit censored because it hurts their feelings or they have some massive desire to virtue signal over it while fedora tipping.

Here's a question for you: Do you think FFVII with it's entire crossdressing + scenes in the Honey Bee Inn would be made today? Or do you think that the socjus people would be screeching that it's homophobic/sexist/misogynist and demanding that it be removed. Keep in mind the absolute stupid garbage that's gone on at localization studios the last 3 years as well. Or that Tifa would exist as she does? You go read that petulant whining over xenoblade?

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 01:59:
Good to see relevant issues are causing uproars on the internet...

oh wait... nevermind
Yeah well don't worry. I'm sure that getting a mesh changed because camel toe was more pressing then getting involved with an anti-slavery group, and trying to stop what's going on in africa.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2017, 05:41.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
40. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 23:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 14:23:
Yeah, a stock 3025 Shadow Hawk is heat neutral, and can't generate any heat barring damage or special environmental conditions. I'm pretty sure heat is that bar to the right of the radar, since the number above it is denoted in degrees.
Bingo! You caught that one right off.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
9. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 23:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 15:04:
Look, someone said something positive about women! Time for MA to sweep in and put them in their place!

How is "having camel toe in an action game is stupid" censorship? You have the worst priorities of any living man. Which, frankly, makes sense, I've seen you defend Trump around these parts.
Look! Someone decided that they wanted to go into pre-1970's sexual revolution mode. Looks like Beamer is happy regressive who finds sexuality disgusting. So, let me guess the only way you find women pretty is when they're wearing 4 lengths of black cloth, gloves, and showing no ankle right? It makes sense, considering all the other much progressive stuff you push.

Really, tell everyone who's worse: The person who wants developers not to change something because of a harping mob. Or the person clapping their hands with glee in apparent support of it.

edit: here's an article just for you beamer So you can also jump on the pro-censorship train, and complain about those sexualized anime titties.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 12:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:40:
Which are also the two things we censor constantly, I understand the beef of having extra detail in the fun regions.. but whatever, it's a reflection on human body anatomy.

Remember when people said SJW's weren't coming for your games? That they weren't actually trying to censor them? Remember how the gaming press fell all over itself to defend it against any type of censorship, blasted companies that did this type of stuff? 'member that not less then 10 years ago?

And now just happily look at the people cheering the gaming press for pandering to these people. How the gaming press falls all over itself to provide the people whining about this a platform and promote their regressive views. Yeah, funny how so many people are suddenly okay with this because it's "coming from their side" in politics.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
31. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 09:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Kajetan wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 08:17:
Yes, the funny thing is, japanese courts ruled that Harmony Gold DID NOT have any controlling rights on Macross/Robotech whatsoever. US copyright office says, they do have for a limited time.

It's a giant clusterfuck of inconsistent, contradicting licensing contracts. Its better to ignore those fuckers, make new designs and let them DO NOT HAVE ANY royalties from any Battletech product. Their loss, they could have achieved easy agreements with FASA or later with Catalyst. Instead they sued anyone ...
It's further then that, Harmony Gold by arbitration explicitly waived rights to ownership, that also makes their rights invalid in other jurisdictions since the original owners hold claim. If you can read JP and whatnot you can read the original arbitration and certification, the kicker is the "waive all rights and control in all jurisdictions" pure trolling on their part.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 07:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Kajetan wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 05:57:

b) Piranha has all the sanctioned designs. No more legal hassle with the Macross rights owners, with Harmony Gold and others over "illegal" mech designs.
That whole shitstorm, they should simply sue the living fuck out of Harmony Gold for being patent trolls. Maybe setup some good precedent and all that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 05:00 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 21:18:

I'm really hoping these two aren't related...
Possibly related, but not quite in that way. There's an entire section of twitch that's nothing but camwhores, with mods and people within the company simply following them and showing favoritism by either not banning or simply ignoring flagrant violators. Hell there's been cases of underage(i.e. under 18) girls soliciting donations off of it for sexual content(aka creating CP). There's been cases of 18+ camwhoring w/direct sexual content(masturbating on streams, etc) off twitch and being handled with kid gloves either receiving no bans, or limited 24hr bans despite twitch's claims that those accounts are supposed to be permanently banned.

Twitch has a real problem with no-gaming but sexual-only content, it's also got a problem of not being able to figure out video game content from non-vg content too. There was a streamer ~6mo back who was banned for in-game FMV(you know like the hayday of WingCommander3/RA/ST:A/KA/etc) and twitch stating that it wasn't vg related, wasn't a vg, and that's that. Enjoy your ban.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 00:34 Mashiki Amiketo

RaZ0r! wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 22:26:
I won't touch anything by Piranha. Very sleezy dev.
That's okay. Everyone else that's been waiting since MW4 was put up on a shelf and wanting something new will play it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released
10. No subject Dec 8, 2017, 09:28 Mashiki Amiketo

LiTh wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 19:50:
Although I'll skip this one, I'm quite ok with these type of DLC's as they keep funding one of my favorite 4x games there is. I'm pretty excited about the next patch with all the changes, especially in defensive structures and losing to doomstack mechanic changes.
If you're not buying now, just wait until the next DLC/content release is and it'll be 50-70% off like the plant one is. Christmas sale will easily see 25% off anyway. The only reason I picked it up is because I favor humanoids when playing. Of course making the cute butterflies into a devouring swarm is always fun.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
41. No subject Dec 5, 2017, 06:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Kxmode wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 01:26:
"virtue signal over" doesn't make any sense. Is this like the Bat signal for causes?
It makes perfect sense, maybe you should read it more slowly? Or go watch some virtue signalers in action to see how it all goes down.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. No subject Dec 5, 2017, 01:13 Mashiki Amiketo

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 16:57:

I mean... Rey is probably a better role model than most other women portrayed in film or TV.
The character is a literal mary sue, that gains the ability to do super things without having to put in the effort to get there. It doesn't get any worse for a role model, in trying to teach any kid that you can become excellent if you simply suddenly gain some form of "specialness" You want good role models from the star wars universe? The exile is a good example.

There are far better role models in movies then Rey, far better in TV. Hell you'd be better off handing a young girl the "wheel of time" novels and letting them see how flawed characters, who through hard work can achieve great things even by trial and error.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

38. No subject Dec 5, 2017, 01:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 13:50:
You're an opportunistic troll. 1 person here said the sexual harassment thing, and was corrected by 5.

Still you cry.
Troll = stuff you don't like because it hurts your feelings. Even more so when it's ideologically in your camp, and it's shitty people being shitty. And instead of actually dealing with that problem you'd rather not dispute that, rather it's all deflect, deflect, deflect.

Maybe you can go find some trendy cause to go virtue signal over and show you're a great ally.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. No subject Dec 4, 2017, 13:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 11:10:

That case was dismissed with prejudice. Iow, it's 99.9999% likely that she made all that shit up in an effort to extort money from her previous employer.

If you base all your decisions regarding stardock on that, you have a supremely sad world view. Let's hope for your sake nobody ever makes a false sexual harassment claim against Chris Roberts, hmm?
It's funny just how much the lie that Wardell sexually harassed someone is still making the rounds. The thing you forgot was: Not only was it dismissed with prejudice against the complainant, but she stole and destroyed corporate information belonging to Stardock. And the judge required her to write a public apology for the false claim. She's lucky she wasn't criminally prosecuted for that stunt and for the destruction of property. I believe Wardell's own words were something close to "the sooner she's out of the lives of our employees the better we'll all be."

It wasin't 99.9999% that she made it up. She 100% made it up. Ordering a claimant to publicly apologize is almost unheard of, and is considered a "confession of guilt." Meaning Wardell could have filed civil and criminally against her, and she'd be 100% screwed.

But it's the same old bullshit, "what about those special snowflake women who need all that protection!" You mean like the female developer who along with her husband were effectively run out of every "help girls get into tech" program because they refused to bow to feminist dogma, and that same group then started spreading lies in order to ruin her reputation. Oh and for some of the reasons they wanted to all "boys who need help or wanted to learn to code" into the programs, along with socially disadvantaged people. The group FYI was and is backed by google. Enjoy the next lawsuit on thins because it's gonna be really good fun.

Oh, and to the various people who said hur-dur-dur that list a few weeks back was bullshit. Are you enjoying it now? Because there's more to come. I'd also suggest some of you avoid looking at your childhood idols when the next group drops.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free
7. No subject Dec 1, 2017, 01:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 20:39:

What IGN thing? Anyway, good game. I picked it up ages ago for a fiver or something. Quite enjoyed it actually.
IGN bought HB a month or so back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4278 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo