Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4079 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
15. No subject Dec 1, 2016, 17:41 Mashiki Amiketo

MT Silver wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 17:03:
You mean the first chapter in Witcher 1 or 3?

First one of course. Witcher 3's first area though, it's very easy to get hung up on "oh boy, let's explore!"

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
9. No subject Dec 1, 2016, 13:56 Mashiki Amiketo

sauron wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 13:48:

Strangely, I could never get into Mask of the Betrayer for NWN2 - no idea why. It looks as though it should be really fun, and the reviews were excellent.

That's because it starts out very slowly, but once it kicks in it becomes great. The start-lag to actually get you involved reminds me of The Witcher. I hate the first chapter in the Witcher with a passion, but once you're out of that the game is amazing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cities: Skylines: Natural Disasters Strike
1. No subject Nov 30, 2016, 03:13 Mashiki Amiketo

It's now everything that the new simcity wished it could have been. The radio stations are great, and on top of it some of the commercials are just stupidly hilarious.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
22. No subject Nov 25, 2016, 23:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 12:05:
Wow. That's melodramatic. Did you know every website can alter what you post? And there are still records of this.

And this all stemmed from him shutting down a pizzagate sub. Pizzagate, for those of you blissfully unaware, was the_Donald and KotakuInAction regulars posting LinkedIn profiles of people they thought ran a pedophile ring with Hillary Clinton.

Nuke them all. Bottom of the Internet.
Nice of you to turn around and lie through you teeth there beamer. Think you mean, it was information pulled directly from the podesta and DNC emails that are on wikileaks. And that there were an awful lot of coincidences between pedophile slang in those emails and what pedophiles use to flag out their preferences for fucking little kids.

I doubt it. I use Reddit almost exclusively for subjects that don't even need to be censored. There are 100's of thousands of sub-reddits that move along just fine. If a few get twisted over this and go to Voat to keep it alive, so be it. Who in their right mind would want to be associated in any way with this drivel? Anything that is on the fringe of Reddit if it was gone... I wouldn't even know it.

Fringe? You mean like /r/politics or /r/worldnews? A couple of subs which actively censor things that don't fit in the groupthink, one of the reasons why people are going anywhere else? Or do you means subs like /r/european which were banned? Because they dared to post things that weren't politically correct. Well, after the new top-mod leaks came out. I wouldn't trust most subs these days, especially subs with large groups of power moderators.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
19. No subject Nov 25, 2016, 11:31 Mashiki Amiketo

LiTh wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 09:06:
The trolls got trolled and now they're crying bloody murder about it. I find it very amusing.

Except that's not the case. Just think, what the CEO has done has turned around and made sure that Reddit is now no longer covered under the Safe Harbor provisions. Enjoy that gigantic bowl of worms to start with. Now think a bit deeper. Can you prove that a persons comment was actually their comment? In let's say...hate speech? Nope. Incitement for terrorism? Nope. Now they've introduced a strong point of doubt, because the administration has shown they can edit and leave no evidence of tampering.

How about all that subpenaed information? Same deal. And we're just getting started. That's what his little temper tantrum has put into motion. Oh yes, it's very amusing. Not so much for the CEO, or what their engineers are going to have to do in order to fix this. Or that he's just nuked his(and the sites) credibility from orbit. I'm guessing 2 years from now? This will be the action that led to reddit's death.

That's not even touching on other subs, like SRS, circlebroke and so on which routinely engage in rule breaking from doxing to harassment to brigading. But they seem to want to go after T_D for whatever reason. Or the massive amounts of censorship in worldnews, politics, and so on. Especially if you're engaging in wrong-think.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. No subject Nov 21, 2016, 13:24 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 13:18:
No one cares about Clinton anymore dude. Two failed runs for President, unlikely to ever run for public office again. It's only going to get more and more impossible to get anyone to go after them.

Well no one cared about Jimmy Savalie either, until it came to light that there was 30+ years of him screwing pre-teen girls, and literally the political, social and media elite in the UK was neck deep in it as well. Going as far being directly involved and telling the police not to investigate it.

Noticed something interesting the other day though, you see all those pictures of Clinton? How she suddenly looks so "ill and worn out" after losing? Smells a bit rotten to me, almost like they're trying to setup a "Look at her, she so sick, and ill. You shouldn't go after her for doing all those things! You should just pardon her, and close that chapter of history."

Bodolza wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 13:22:
Yes they did. You haven't been paying attention.
You mean they didn't. Sorry, the media didn't dig into the DNC leaks. They didn't dig into the pay-for-access by individuals into the clinton camp. They actually did their best to bury it, and ran with the "russia made those emails" or "the hacks were because russia" or something along those lines. Hitting the media low point of "if you look at those leaks on wikileaks, it's illegal. Unless you're media like us."

This is not the first. It's been happening for about 200 years. You are either grossly misinformed or a liar.
So, people caught paying for access. And a person who was SoS, shouldn't be held to account not only for breaking the law but ethical policies that exist? Are you ignorant or a shill?

The "so on" includes members of both parties, and the current President Elect who has actually bragged about doing it.
Ah no. Those "so on" members in the DNC and other leaks show that this was directly coming out of the clinton camp, and out of the clinton foundation. Nice try to shift, but don't worry. I'm sure that the $0.01183 will be deposited into your account by the end of the day.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. No subject Nov 21, 2016, 13:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 11:11:
I mean, those don't involve someone currently in government, let alone President, do they?

You mean besides someone who was once president. Someone who ran for president. Something that the media didn't cover. The very first scandal about "selling access" oh...there's quite a few of those people involved in government, many still in government. Several of whom are still in the clinton foundation, work in the DNC, and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
9. No subject Nov 21, 2016, 06:10 Mashiki Amiketo

headshot wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 03:20:

yeah, glad that they just lost time of their life instead of something real. something real like your life, your home or your family, when you are an alcohol abuser or some other vile form of addict.

i'd rather look upon my years of WoW i had as the opportunity i used to befriend many people all over my country and finding the one woman in my life. with which i have a house and soon a family. that is a bit more optimistic than your outlook. i hope you reserve some of your views for the drug addicts near trainstations or gamblers which get tossed on the street.

Similar thoughts on that. When I broke my back a few years ago, it was the people I met in WoW that kept my spirits up. Helped me make sure I wasn't abusing the narcotics I took, and all that jazz. Those were the same people who had their own trials that I talked to them about. From the guy who was suffering at the hands of an abusive wife and finally got away from her. To the girl in university who was working on her doctorate in bio-chem, and thought "oh god, I can't do this anymore." I don't play these days, but I do keep in touch with the guildies and randoms I knew and new people I met. And they were from all over this spinning rock. And in the years I've met a few of them, but sadly they weren't "fat 12 yr old nerd who hasn't showered." Thin, overweight, fit, ultra athletic, take your pick. Ugly, incredibly hot, in-between. Yep all there. WoW was and some would likely say one of those games that crossed every barrier and brought people in.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Game+ Mode Coming
6. No subject Nov 19, 2016, 02:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 00:45:
It's lasted through two different video drivers. And it's always one time slow, one time fast. One time slow, one time fast. I think they just forgot to take a "decrypt shader cache" command out of there, but the game's been out nearly two weeks now, and still no fucking patch in sight.

Ah well, I should have known better than to trust Bethesda to deliver something properly.

Lasting through 2 doesn't really mean much. The skyrim problem I mentioned lasted around 4 months for me, through multiple driver releases too. Though if you're right about it being a shader cache problem, you should be able to sniff that out pretty quick with a debugger.

Gonna toss this bit of OT stuff in. Since there was some people talking about Planet Coaster and the new RCT title. And it's rather funny.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2016, 06:44.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Game+ Mode Coming
2. No subject Nov 18, 2016, 22:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 21:38:
How about you first do a philosophy of Fix Your Three Fucking Minute Load Times To Get To The First Menu. Followed by one of Fix Your Shitty Performance.

Sounds like you've got something else going on. Doesn't take me more then 35 seconds. And that's on a 5 year old 7200 rpm 2TB seagate drive. I've had similar problems in the past with skyrim. Literal 5 minute load times, the culprit? Video drivers.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
39. No subject Nov 13, 2016, 09:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Dacote wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 08:02:
If you're concerned about what's going on in the paved streets, you're looking the the wrong way.
Pro Tip: You need to be looking at who will soon be in the White House.
Because if you did, you would be joining those in the streets.

Yes, because paid agitators by moveon, answer and other leftwing groups, destroying property isn't a problem. Nope, not at all. The problem is the anti-establishment candidate and the fact that the DNC threw their rulebook out the window and fixed their own primary process along the way.

But hey, let's complain about Trump! Never mind that garbage like TPP is dead. That shitty trade deals like NAFTA will likely die. Or that the previous president has racked up so much debt that it was more than every other president combined. But let's pick the corporate candidate that would continue the crony capitalism, unrestrained QE, and was pro-importing labor to replace people inside the US.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
35. No subject Nov 13, 2016, 03:41 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 01:19:

Yeah, he campaigned on anti-DC corruption and isolationism. He went after sacred cows that neither part would touch like the lobbying ban and a more isolationist foreign policy. Anti-free trade too.

Now he's installing the worst of the Bush Neocons and stocking his team with lobbyists.

Not fair!

Useful tip: Shit like TPP, NAFTA and so on aren't free trade. They're fair trade.

By the way, anyone else remember when people on the right were rioting in the streets over Clinton or Obama? Yeah...me either. Keep digging, and showing why people think and believe the left are fully unhinged.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 13:55 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 13:05:
Not to be the asshole, BUT..... this is why I won't do ATI cards.

Because they won't spy on you like nvidia cards will? Or because amd has more non-whql drivers then nvidia.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
146. No subject Nov 10, 2016, 13:54 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 13:29:
HRC won the DNC nomination fair and square. That horse has been kicked to death, move along. just sayin

That's why a bunch of people in the DNC "quit" when the email leaks came out right? No guilt, no problem. They even went directly to Hillary's PoTUS campaign.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
127. No subject Nov 10, 2016, 02:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 12:37:
Oh right, all of those celebrities might have to emigrate to Canada now I forgot about that. I hope someone does a list to see who makes good on it Fingerscrossed
They can piss off and go to Mexico or Venezuela instead. We've got enough far-left retards trying to screw us over, we don't need them helping the situation.

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 02:25:

LOL, dude. The Dems weren't kicking blacks, latinos, women, & handicap people out of their rallies. Trump was.
Trump wasn't either. Except when they were agitators, just like the ones that would show up at any other candidates rally. One also can't forget that the DNC had an entire network of paid agitators. That mini-riot in Chicago wearing Sanders t-shirts? Paid clinton work, that comes right out of the DNC and Podesta emails. The guy the other day(who was locked in a bathroom) when Trump was rushed off the stage? Paid agitator, known as a birddog in the Clinton Camp, the guys name and FB profile even shows up in the Podesta emails.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2016, 02:57.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > No Metro Game in 2017
5. No subject Nov 10, 2016, 02:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 19:20:
Huh, and here I thought the last one was the last one.
Well the book Metro 2035 was released last year, it's a good book BTW. Seeing a game from it this year would have been surprising. Especially since the games and books mirror each other fairly closely.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
13. No subject Nov 6, 2016, 02:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Timmeh wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 21:00:
windows 10 is a piece of large smelly SHIT.

Windows ME was better
You must be pretty young not to remember the complete shitshow that was known as Windows ME. The constant crashes, the out-of-the-box instability, the sneeze at it wrong it'll crashes. Massive required OOTB tweaks required under the hood. Comparing Win10 to ME is silly-stupid, if anything it's closer to XPx64 in a lot of ways. Good ideas, shitty implementations, various compatibility problems. But once you get it all working, all tweaked, it's great.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
1. No subject Nov 5, 2016, 03:29 Mashiki Amiketo

FYI: GMG has Dishonored 2 for 20% off + copy of difinitive ed. of Dishonored. Games Republic and Gamersgate for 18% off.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
18. No subject Oct 26, 2016, 08:48 Mashiki Amiketo

MacLeod wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 08:30:

You think? Does the 64bit exe really make a difference in the save data files? I mean, the xbox 360 saves for Skyrim worked with the PC version... why would they change the format just for what amounts to a graphical upgrade?

I'm curious as to what this means for mods that use SKSE... the UI mod that I used to use made use of it, don't think I could go back to default UI. lol.

Well keep in mind that stuff like papyrus(used for scripting) is very CPU dependent and starts getting twitchy even transferring from AMD to Intel or the other direction. My guess is that they'll have made fundamental changes to various parts of the game, going as far as combining all of the expansions into a single master file or a couple of master files instead of having independent masters for each one. That in itself will completely fuck up save data, since the save file will be looking for specific master information that's encoded with a header prefix that no longer exists. If that's the case, then creating a dummy master which directs scripts/textures/mesh/dialog to the proper location in the new masters is doable. That's what was done with Tale of Two Wastelands(TTW) to get both games to "talk" to each other.

SKSE? No biggie, the team will be releasing an updated version for it and will be continuing parallel development on both. A lot of mods as long as they're not dependent on specific things like "must have dragonborn or hearthfire" should work right out of the box still. And as long as the mod author didn't do something silly like directly reference something instead of having the script look for the variable name in the table instead.

On the upside, this might get me interested in modding again. Especially since some of my old mods could probably be cleaned up for the x64 release, especially if they don't work.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
15. No subject Oct 26, 2016, 05:09 Mashiki Amiketo

472 hours? Is that all? I don't knock all the time I've put into playing these games, they've more then paid for themselves. Hell I've got ~600 hours in FONV and another 300 in FO3. Wish FO4 wasn't such a shitshow though.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4079 Comments. 204 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo