Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4348 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 13:02 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:48:
When you claim that intercept, bloomberg, AM, even WAPO have reported on something the onus of proof is on you.
It also helps if you don't abbreviate unknown sources (AM???). ...

I guess it was too hard to back up your original post, but thanks for kinda trying.
*sigh*
Sounds like a whole lot of whining because everything isn't handed to you. AM is also known as "american mirror" if you only get your news from one source, it's not my problem that you don't know the abbreviation. Besides, if you need anything searching for things you normally don't would help you more then most people posting here.

p.s. There's a reason why in Canada, The Toronto Star is called "The Red Star." I'll let you search and figure out that one too, but to help you out? It has it's origins well earned going back to the early 1980's when they supported wage and price controls.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 12:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:09:
That doesn't make any sense. He's - anyone who runs a site - isn't pushing content to Europe.
Wrong. He's an aggregate site like drudge, or google news or bing news or anything like that. These changes make the people who link, liable. Not the other way around. Instead of all the previous failures over the last decade of them trying, they've finally succeeded.

And how can they come after you? Their laws don't apply here. I'd have to imagine it would be more akin to the if you ever want to visit there they wouldn't permit entrance without paying what you owe. Yeah, that'll be great for tourism. Rolleyes
How do you think the US comes after you in Canada, Australia, Europe? There are existing parallel treaties that allow them to do so. These modifications allow them to directly target aggregate sites, and force them to pay for linking to another site. Remember the shitshow with Spain wanting to do the same thing? No? Go look it up. It was newspaper trying to make them pay their site for linking, because Google was aggregating and they felt they deserved revenue from an aggregate providing them traffic.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 11:58 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:47:
I can't wait until he goes back to work.
Stop being butthurt, and FYI you should read the methodology because it's weighted with the US. Maybe you'll learn something if you actually search out the stories for once in your life. But since it's such hard work, I'll show you.

TI
TI
NYT
MJ
Reuters

It's not like this is rocket surgery, maybe try getting your bias out of the way.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 11:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:38:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:33:
There's a reason why so many politicians, mayors and so on have been criminally charged in Puerto Rico.
Either am I correctly assuming this is sarcasm or I missed a huge story.
A bit of both. Some people have been criminally charged at various levels of the PR federal and local government levels including at the city level. While others are still sitting free, despite their ties to a whole pile of really shady shit relating to the lack of distribution or their interference and/or attempts to "buy" people at the local level by hording and only giving it to their supporters. That buy people at the local level should sound familiar, because it's the MO in many corrupt countries and used to influence elections.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 11:33 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:20:
I really worry about this hurricane and the people in its path. The government didn't do that great helping out Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Maria. Worse even than the response to Katrina. Hopefully this goes better...
There's a reason why so many politicians, mayors and so on have been criminally charged in Puerto Rico. There's no shortage of documented cases of supplies sitting in the warehouses, rotting in warehouses, being ruined by the elements sitting outside unprotected even months after the hurricane hit. Not even getting to the part where federal agents(FEMA, Corps of Engineers, and multiple security details) had to get involved because the PR government itself was hording critical infrastructure supplies and equipment. The government did a good job, the PR federal to local did a criminal job. Check the intercept, bloomberg, AM, even WAPO, if you want to see just how corrupt the PR government was on this.

Yep... this is a reaaaaally bad decision on the part of the EU. Though not a surprising one. There's not a single more pro-corporate pro-copyright body than the EU.
Want to see the real shit show? Watch the vote on it. The MEP's were cheering and clapping as it passed. They cheered and clapped when the amendments to revoke these overzealous sections were defeated, they had no clue what they were voting on. So it seems to be a case of special interests telling the vast majority of MEP's "that it was a really good idea." I think the final vote was 470ish to 230 against.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 11:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Better watch out Blue. The EU just passed articles 11 & 13, so now you're going to be liable to pay taxes on every single link you post if you serve users across the pond. And liable for any content posted on your forums if you serve users over there. They even have a mechanism to come after you if you're not in the EU.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Tropico 6 Delayed; New Trailer
1. Re: Tropico 6 Delayed; New Trailer Aug 16, 2018, 14:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Is there a game that was supposed to be released this year, that hasn't been delayed?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up
8. Re: IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 11, 2018, 22:22 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:41:
Welp, time to fire up the ol' GamerGate crew again, so we can Battle for ethics in game journalism.
It was someone from gamergate who found out about this and contacted the original author. You can find it in one of the GG chan thread if you really want.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Aug 10, 2018, 01:03 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 21:03:
Even then you are at the mercy of platforms reporting the sales correctly... which they don't always do (Fanatical and GMG come to mind...)
Fanatical and GMG are counted as resellers. That means the game is already sold once it leaves the distribution network. A reseller is responsible for any profit/loss that comes from that. The developer already has their money.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 15:34 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on May 8, 2018, 13:57:
2 can play this game.
I blame the NRA for school shootings.

You're in a good boat with most democrats then. And also out of touch.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 15:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 13:08:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 02:45:
Beamer and RedEye seem especially quiet on this Rolleyes

I don't live in South Korea. I live in the US. I'd like to fix my own yard before having strong opinions on yards I've never been in. It isn't like a problem being worse elsewhere means it's ok here. If your water has lead in it, you don't ignore it because the water in Flint has even more lead in it.

And not all feminists are good. That doesn't mean someone like Mashiki is right, or isn't a miserable failure looking to blame women for his insecurities and inadequacies. And, when he says Anita Sarkeesian is radical, then says people posting images of mangled penises are radical, well, you know he doesn't live in reality. He only pops up here to make posts like this, then flees when called out.

Don't worry, I live rent free in your head. But try projecting less and considering your desire for a regressive society it's pretty easy to see.

p.s. I don't flee, some of us actually work in the real world. I just reply when I'm not working. You might want to try it sometime.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 15:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 14:05:

Except pretty much ever "socjus" criticized the whole thing at least as loudly as people like you did. What do we call you, anyway? Your primary interest in the world is social justice, and you do it from behind a keyboard, so you qualify as a social justice warrior by most definitions.

Except you want to hinder it. Your main goal in life is status quo, and making sure that the current social status quo remains constant. That things remain how you like them, how you personally are comfortable, and what benefits you (even though it's generally clear you don't feel like you benefitted much, or have achieved much, and it's the fault of everyone else.)
You mean besides that the socjus voices didn't? They got articles published in various socjus magazines and were promoted by it. Your stunning ignorance in believing that I do this from just behind a keyboard is well...staggering. What would you call me? Mainstream society.

My primary interest is against people who want to create a world where you have to step so carefully from offending someone that if you piss in the wrong direction, that it's offensive.

So what does that make you? A regressive, a person who wants to move the world back to the times pre-sexual revolution. Why don't you explain to everyone why you need safe spaces, word watchers, restricted media, and censorship to make the world a better place.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 9, 2018, 15:25 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on May 9, 2018, 14:53:
That's Nova Scotia law enforcement for ya, if that same 19 year old had been in the great USofA he'd be swinging by his own bed sheet in a comfortably furnished cell.
Hardly. First NS, doesn't have much of law enforcement outside of the RCMP(federal). That's provincial government(NS) sending the RCMP(federal police) after the kid, the media spotlight getting large enough that it was in fact a government IT fuckup was the cause of it, and they had no recourse to try and save face public backlash. If it had been in the USA, the same would likely have happened. And it has happened before as well.

On the other hand, you now have people being threatened for using the wrong gendered pronouns in Canada. Much freedom.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Apr 17, 2018, 13:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Or in simple terms. Bully hunters shuts down after being outed as fraud, burning bridges, acting as bullies attacking people. Then threatening the sponsors. A good end, go more socjus garbage.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2018, 12:06 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 11:28:
As usual the wannabe mysoginists are stirred up over a woman daring to wear a t-shirt that says "Girls do not need a prince," sigh.

As usual. The person that can't do research, doesn't realize the t-shirt was promoted by a misandrist organization that has supporters that have engaged in pedophilia and child abuse. And is right there...defending it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2018, 22:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 21:19:
I was at work on my phone when I wrote my original post, so linking was a bit beyond my capacity. Basically I just googled "South Korean feminist group Megalia". I checked out a lot of the first and even some second page hits and amongst them I found some pretty alarming stuff. One page involved graphic pictures of mangled penises. There was a lot of basic feminism, but also a lot of genuine misandry being promoted. The word "radical" when describing feminists gets thrown around a lot (too much really and no, Anita Sarkeesian is not what I'd consider a radical feminist) but in the case of Megalia I think it genuinely applies.
You just posted what I did about 9 months ago, and was called crazy for it. And considering I just got back from working a gig there, well crazy is an understatement. There's a lot of talk in tech circles there over this, mainly because they don't want equality, they want to use violence for supremacy. Round that out that there's ties between the ex-female president(that just got 24 years in prison), this group and another feminist cult? Well it gets more interesting.

Oh it's a fun rabbit hole, enjoy the extremism. Sarkeesian is a radical feminist though, but that's only in the sphere of pushing things like "video games cause misogyny, sexism, cause men to be mass-shooters" and so on. Surprised there isn't a story on the "bullyhunters" thing yet, oh well maybe tomorrow. That'll be a shitshow to enjoy, especially since it's been cycling in games media for a day or so now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC
7. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Feb 25, 2018, 21:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 20:25:
And the democratic version is just as bad, full of the same rich assholes. It is to the point where neither party represents most of us in the middle.

I pretty much ignore all of them.....

Going by what they said, I'm guessing they've never been to a PAC of any kind and are only doing what they know best: Repeating what they've been told.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
177. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 25, 2018, 20:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 08:43:
THE LIBERALS WANT TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY FASCIST!

WE NEED MILITARIZED ARMED GUARDS IN ALL OUR SCHOOLS! NOTHING FASCIST SOUNDING ABOUT THAT AT ALL!

Ask yourselves if any of the school shootings in Israel were committed by students.
Yes. Are you that unable to actually go look it up for yourself? Or are you going to get on the "authoritarian train" like usual and start screeching that enumerated rights should be revoked because it hurts your feelings.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

176. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 25, 2018, 20:57 Mashiki Amiketo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 14:30:
It's funny how Trump is so concerned with violent videogames and not the fact that firearms are freely available. Other countries have violent videogames without having mass shootings; the thing they have in common is sensible gun control. It's almost like he's pandering to his voter base rather than concerned about effective governance.

I am thankful the Tangerine Mussolini is not in charge of my country.
So which is it? He's a dictator for supporting gun rights? Or he's a dictator because progressives want him to take guns and he's refusing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

175. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 25, 2018, 20:56 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 09:21:

Add to that a 300% tax on ammo, powder, primers, shells, casings, brass, molds, reloading presses, bullet seaters, crimp dies etc...

But there is nothing we can do except watch our kids get mowed down in Algebra 1 or at concerts.
sigh

Oh let's add words too that too, then you'd be right at home. Your authoritarianism is showing again.

No no, don't ask the hard questions like why did the Boward Co., police force have an active policy not to arrest students for crimes or even serious crimes. Or why gangs started using students for serious crimes, because they knew they'd be let go. Or that the officers failed to act multiple times when there were viable threats from the residence he was at.

Also don't ask the questions as to why there were multiple ISU's against that police force involving letting students go who'd committed felonies and their officers getting paid off on it. It's all the fault of guns, not a police for which was so corrupt that I'm surprised that this didn't happen earlier.

FYI: That same policy of not arresting students? It's modeled on the one from Miami-dade, which is still in force as a working policy. Wonder how many times they've looked away there too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4348 Comments. 218 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo