Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4138 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
6. No subject May 25, 2017, 08:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent-Zero wrote on May 24, 2017, 21:56:
did anyone ever come up with some mods to really flesh out the settlement mechanic? like roving invaders, etc.

seems like it might be possible to do a kind of FPS 4X or something if you fleshed out enough of those mechanics... faction wars, allied armies, diplomacy, resource harvesting and territory acquisition/defense, etc.

Sim settlements is probably as close as you'll get for now. The author isn't done working on it either, so if you think you want to add a 4x mechanic talk to them.

Ant wrote on May 25, 2017, 04:04:
Ha, I don't have enough RAMs on my ancient gaming box to try it.
It'll run on 2GB with lots of disk thrashing. The real killers are godrays and shadows in the game, if you disable and mess around a bit with the GLOD and LOD, even olde rigs will get along with it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
10. No subject May 11, 2017, 06:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on May 10, 2017, 21:50:

The thing is, I've been playing Fallout 4 again, and the writing in Andromeda is so bad that it makes the writing in Fallout 4 look fucking great in comparison.

Damn if that isn't true. Then again this is what happens when you hire people based on buddy-buddy-diversity hires instead of the best for the job. On the upside, this is nothing but good for the industry, and shows both investors and companies that gamers don't want piles of shit.

ME:A wasn't a terrible game, but it was nowhere near the level of previous ME games. At best it squeaks out a "good" if you can get past the shitty dialog parts. If you can't, it falls right into the mediocre.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
17. No subject May 10, 2017, 04:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 10, 2017, 02:42:

This already exists and it is called Star Trek New Horizons.

It's missing a lot of stuff, is still very broken, and causes huge stability problems. All of which are acknowledged as problems, especially in it's 0.9 alpha state. Couple of more years and it'll be good.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
15. No subject May 10, 2017, 00:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Bundy wrote on May 9, 2017, 17:22:
I do feel that a properly fleshed out Star Trek mod would be absolutely perfect in Stellaris. I've been watching the development of this, closely.
Give it a couple of years now that it looks like most of the DLC is done. That's how long it took for Star Trek Armada 3 to come out for Sins of a Solar Empire.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > NVIDIA Flow Video
9. No subject Apr 23, 2017, 21:40 Mashiki Amiketo

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 19:40:

That's true and most pretty modern games like MEA are complete fucking garbage but I would not even say that they look photo or movie realistic.

That's not going to change until people either stop buying, and/or contact the developer/publisher and tell that they don't want absolute garbage. MEA has a lot right, and a lot wrong with it. If they'd gotten someone who'd written anything other then fanfic to write a story it could have been better.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
49. No subject Mar 31, 2017, 04:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 00:35:
Launched UPlay and noticed MEA is available for sell. How is MEA available on UbiSoft's distribution platform, but not Steam?

Uh you don't know? Old news, Valve and EA had a pissing match over DLC pricing(how much each party got a cut of) when ME2 was released. Origin was the result, and selling on anyone else's platform was the result.

Also, having played nearly 60 hours at this point? It wasn't as terrible as people say, there's bugs and glitches. The dialog in spots is as people said very campy and low-quality sci-fi. Overall some of the things are annoying, transiting from region to region for one thing. I haven't had a single crash yet though, even when I played for 12hrs yesterday. The biggest problem I've run into is there is a memory leak, and it causes degraded performance especially if you're alt-tabbing a lot.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
14. No subject Mar 26, 2017, 03:09 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 01:38:

FOUR POINT SEVEN?! And you're complaining?! It's more than double that here. >:/
It's 13% here. Welcome to Ontario.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
26. No subject Mar 23, 2017, 01:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Dentorro wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 11:02:
Why give 30% of your money to Valve if you can get it al for yourself? I can see more publishers in the future go their own route so they earn more.

For publishers it's a 2:1 thing. If you sell through valves storefront, they get 30% which is very low compared to most other digital storefonts. Most of them are between 40-50% of each sale. If you sell the game yourself(via your store, B&M, etc) but use steam as a distribution platform? Steam takes no money at all from the sale. Origin is 38% FYI. But Origin has customer service that's plain amazing. You could be waiting 2 weeks later for a CS response from valve in russian. And wait less then 10 minutes for one from Origin.

Hell, twice I've had problems with ME2 and ME3 breaking in Origin after a beta client update. And got the DLC free for my trouble, with a CS rep apologizing but thanking me for testing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
107. No subject Mar 21, 2017, 07:54 Mashiki Amiketo

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 05:47:

Most of them are there to cover up loading screens for ambiance, but mostly they get tedious after your first few fly-bys.
Now that's annoying alright, likely if people complain enough they will. Thanks for the heads up though.

If I remember right in ME2/3 they used bik movie files for a lot of that stuff. You could cut those down by making a smaller one of your choosing or replacing it. The ME3 happy ending and ME3 expanded mod to both to speed up transitioning between areas of the galaxy.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

101. No subject Mar 21, 2017, 05:18 Mashiki Amiketo

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 03:24:

The only negative I really have had is ship travel is tedious. I'm hoping as time goes on, Bioware will add an option to speed it up, even at the cost of loading screen increase.

Explain that one out a bit if you don't mind. Otherwise I'm not feeling bad about getting this from GMG for $45.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

88. No subject Mar 20, 2017, 22:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 22:10:
They could even let the player choose a race. Another idea would be starting out as ice haulers or haulers of whatever like The Expanse, and get caught up in some conspiracy between "Nu-Citadel" and other system powers.
Good idea actually. The only problem is bioware(and EA) likes to take the easy path in story creation instead of something like that. Big companies(especially publicly traded) don't like taking risks for obvious reasons, they're accountable to their shareholders.

Though freelancer is a good example of what you're talking about. And with a lot of the mods out there you can make that into the scenario you want pretty easily.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
39. No subject Mar 20, 2017, 22:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 00:18:
I have no clue what your point is. JonTron made disgusting comments.

I also don't know why you're so angry at a woman who worked at a studio they outsourced to. I mean, she got singled out... because she's a woman! She doesn't work for Bioware, and the errors and issues seem to be coding ones (e.g., technical artists), and regardless, looking at the ME:A credits, at least a dozen people would have touched the work she did before consumers saw it.

But sure, let's keep saying it's her fault. I'm ignoring you. Every post by you is the same thing, always so angry at women.

And yet in that entire rant, you still haven't figured it out. Go on, ask. I'll even explain it using very small words for you.

Perhaps you should just spend a bit more time outside of your bubble, when you do you'll figure out why you were the one who threw the first hissyfit and didn't like the response. But are happy to make wild and baseless assumptions, which are most likely projection.

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 09:15:

It was another case of misogyny/bullying in gaming related to the perceived ineptitude of the target (Raymond was accused of being chosen for her looks rather than talent). It's relevant to the discussion. As far as my saying "look it up" - my point was that it's very difficult to find, now, largely due to backlash from Ubisoft and others. For the record the target here is actually sufficiently talented according to a source/friend who posted over at [H].

So which is it? They worked and did this or didn't? Is bioware right in saying they didn't, or are they right when they plastered it all over social media that they were the lead facial animator for the game? Is bioware trying to cover or are they lying? The entire thing is a mess, but again if "7-20 people is misogyny" then you're making a literal mountain out of a molehill. But that also didn't stop the press from lying, especially when they decided to say that peoples comments like Maragret Maclennon's is hate-filled either.

Sorry, the gaming press is lying again. And they're lying for precious clicks. The worst offenders are the same sites which have lost 40-80% of their eyeball traffic in the last couple of years as constant outrage culture has burned out. BTW you know that "jade raymond" comic? Yeah it was from something awful, you know troll central. Should think on that a bit too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
29. No subject Mar 19, 2017, 23:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 22:06:
Oh, you're one of those who I point to actual behavior and then just makes weird assumptions back. Show me where I've ever said anything positive about Amy Schumer.

What I don't understand about you fragile, angry men, is why you're singling out a facial animator when people keep posting to awful walking animations. Is it that you can't find a woman to blame those walking animations on? Even KotakuInAction is calling this a horrific, misogynist witchhunt. MA, when you're even further into the red pill than KiA...

Misses the mocking. Doesn't catch the point. Makes baseless assumptions, makes baseless claims. Makes more baseless assumptions. Goes off into crazy territory, and makes another baseless assumption.

Let me know when you're out there standing up and defending Jon Tron to boot. You catch the point yet, or do I need to spell it out for you?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
21. No subject Mar 19, 2017, 20:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 19:21:
Likewise. You never get involved unless it's a woman or someone saying nice things about women.
Really? You seem pretty upset still. Maybe you should go cheer on Amy Schumer and complain that her dismal ratings are because of the "alt-right/sexism/racism/misogyny" instead of her just being shit and unable to accept that. After all, we wouldn't want to hold people to the same standards or anything. Much easier to engage in collectivist garbage, pat them on the back for things that they're born with and can't change.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
16. No subject Mar 19, 2017, 18:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Slick wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 17:09:

NOT TO MENTION THEY TARGETED THE WRONG PERSON.

Whoops! Angry internet gamers turned their pitchforks on the wrong person. It's okay, I've sure she's been doxxed and has some death threats being mailed to her right now.

You mean she either was the animator and doesn't like the negative attention over something(that people were saying was a problem a year ago). Or she lied falsely claiming to be the lead animator and is getting blasted over it. Gotcha. Seems like this could be avoided by: Not lying or doing their job.

If 20 mentions on twitter is a "witchhunt" then you are making a literal mountain out of a molehill. $20 says that if the sexes were reversed, you wouldn't hear a fucking peep.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
37. No subject Mar 17, 2017, 09:06 Mashiki Amiketo

MajorD wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:20:
At this rate, Linux may be looking a nice alternative sooner than later.
All you need to do is get more developers on board with vulkan and it'll happen.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. No subject Mar 15, 2017, 21:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:56:
I hope Uber unionizes so that we can get disgusting, rude taxis all over again
You must live in a shit hole. The taxi companies here do a good job and always have of being friendly, probably because there's plenty of competition. Personally, I hope Uber and Lyft get smacked into the dirt over safety requirements that cab companies are required to have. The whole bullshit of "they don't need a safety, or carrier insurance" let alone first aid training is complete bullshit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. No subject Mar 13, 2017, 12:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Easy answer. It's because reviewers keep eating the cartridges, there's a shortage of them. Bitter taste? No no, they're just that stupid.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda PC Settings
7. No subject Mar 9, 2017, 04:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Sho wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 03:53:
Didn't all previous games in the series have grain on by default?

As long as it's an option ... fine by me. I go forth and back on whether I like it, depends on the specific implementation too.
Yep, all the previous ME games have that option, and you can turn it on or off.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
9. No subject Mar 6, 2017, 06:44 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 02:59:

Maybe so, but my mother still has my old Panasonic CRT TV that I got back in '92. She uses it daily, and it still looks fine. They last a while.

They do last a long while at home one of my first monitors(1988/9ish) a 14" SVGA is hooked up to my old 386 that I use as a old time gaming machine and it still works. I have a 18" CRT monitor that I use for work that was made in 1996, because the company won't spend the $20k to upgrade the equipment but are willing to spend $700 if the monitor dies. Someone will still make CRTs if there is demand, demand is the big thing. There's still a few people that make wood spoke wheels for cars, wire-spoke wheels for cars, tubes for old TV's and radios(note the fad of tube amps coming into fashion again because of that warm sound), and so on too. It might be that it'll be a couple of people who buy up or make the equipment and only make limited production runs every year or two even. But you can bet that if someone sees a market, they'll make money off of it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4138 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo