Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4363 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts
54. Re: More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts Feb 27, 2019, 06:43 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 11:39:
China is not the only one doing the world a favor;

Arrested 11 by Yangcheon Police Station, Korea in October, 2018

Arrested 6 by Daejeon Metropolitan Police Agency, Korea in August, 2018
Reminder that those people arrested in Korea, were doing so in pro esports and various ladder games used for ranking.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Exodus Reviews
8. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 13, 2019, 20:25 Mashiki Amiketo

wtf_man wrote on Feb 13, 2019, 20:19:

So, RTX isn't as horrid as I originally thought, but DLSS looks like crap at a stand still.... would need to see it in motion, really.
Looks like someone took a slightly opaque plastic baggie added butter and stuck it to the screen.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash
92. Re: Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash Jan 31, 2019, 01:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Slick wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 16:47:
So the complaint is:

A) We get the game for $10 off

B) More money goes to the developers

but

C) I want to pay more and give the developers less because I can't use 5 useless services on STEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.

And people give me shit for being a fanboi. Take your heads out of your asses. Time to wake up.
A) Nobody but the US gets $10 off, everyone else pays exactly the same price. Some countries are paying even more because they don't allow regional pricing.

B) More money 'may' goto the developer, that is providing that people actually buy the game on epic. Going by the backlash, that's unlikely.

C) Nothing has ever stopped you from cutting them a money order.

D) Anybody who has ever released a game knows that Steam cuts you a far better deal, in both terms of free marketing and distribution. If you sell your keys through your own storefront Steam takes a cut of 0%. If you sell DLC through their storefront they take 15%. But if you sell it through your own, it's 0% too.

And to round it out, anyone who's ever released a game outside of the NA market has no clue at exactly "how bad" the cuts are for other digital storefronts. I can think of 4 off of the top of my head that charge 55%.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ubisoft Changing Controversial Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC
8. Re: Ubisoft Changing Controversial Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Jan 25, 2019, 12:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 10:48:
As long as you can opt out of it. Dont force me into it.
I'm sure annnnnyyyyy time now, we'll see a swath of "entitle gamer" articles. Just like with the ending of ME3. No? Oh...pet cause, carry on and all that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game
12. Re: Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game Jan 16, 2019, 15:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Wesp5 wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 14:10:
And probably be for mobiles, because come on, a "smaller project"...
Doubtful. They killed Visceral games because Deadspace 3 was still a commercial success.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 16, 2019, 15:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 09:09:
I would love to have a recording of the meeting where someone thought it was a good idea to have allowed it in the first place...
I'd have loved to see so many of these commenters rewind about 10 years, and compare their pro-censorship stances vs their anti-censorship stances. So many people unable to simply not watch something if they don't like it these days.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game
7. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 7, 2019, 19:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Medvanis wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 19:18:
Do you guys not have phones?

Seriously, this shift to mobile is really starting to tick me off.
This is what happens when you're surrounded by MBA's and yes men, who tell you that single player is dead and mobile is the future. The AAA industry is killing itself off and at the rate they're going will cause the next crash.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Game Developers Union Gaining Momentum?
11. No subject Dec 28, 2018, 21:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Simon Says wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 13:22:
Nonsense, it's highly location dependent and local political leanings dependent. For example, Quebec province's Unions are humming along nicely since they're in the most progressive region of North America. While I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the Unions in conservative Alberta are going down the shitter.

So if it's all nonsense why is unifor in Canada parroting the same crap as the UAW in the US? That is, exporting jobs good, and bringing in more people is good.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Get SOMA Free on GOG.com
1. Re: Get SOMA Free on GOG.com Dec 28, 2018, 09:45 Mashiki Amiketo

If you're not able to claim it through the website, use the gog client. Their website is getting hit pretty hard at the moment.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Game Developers Union Gaining Momentum?
8. Re: Game Developers Union Gaining Momentum? Dec 28, 2018, 09:45 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Dec 27, 2018, 19:32:
Sounds like you joined the wrong unions. The trade unions around here do a hell of a lot for the $30 or 40 a month or whatever dues are these days. Several members of my family have been members of the Construction Laborers' and Teamsters unions. Lots of pipefitters, mill workers, and Longshoremen here too, and those unions reportedly do very solid by their members.

Granted these are old school unions that have been around for decades or centuries.
Teamsters are corrupt as fuck here in Canada, it's even worse then the one in the US. The CAW doesn't exist anymore because they pissed off workers to the point that the union collapsed, they're now backed by unifor which funny enough has shown it's worse then the CAW ever was. I've been in multiple unions myself, and once they reach a largish size, they stop working "for the worker" and work more for "enrichment of themselves."

A friend of mine who had a workplace injury(head), was dropped by his union. They refused to work on his behalf, they refused to step in with WSIB(workmans comp), and refused to help him get training for a new job while he was recovering. He's going on year 25 of fighting for his back pay.

This whole pile of crap though has a problem, that problem is that if you're not politically aligned they don't want you. Realistically, most unions are broken in today's age of employment and happily parrot corporate slogans for more "3rd party workers" and exporting jobs.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science)
4. Re: Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science) Dec 27, 2018, 11:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Red886 wrote on Dec 27, 2018, 10:58:
how is this news? (news being new that is)
It's more difficult for the pro-denuvo shills to claim that it doesn't do anything. There was a previous case with FFXV, that showed a 10% difference between the non-cracked, and leaked beta executable and the denuvo enriched exe. The shills were falling all over themselves claiming it "wasn't a true representation" and all that other BS.

The more evidence that it degrades performance, the better off everyone is.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 17, 2018, 11:41 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 16, 2018, 18:29:

How so?
They're simply updating gamebryo again. It's kinda like taking a 1983 Ford Mustang, and pulling out old parts, slapping in injectors, electronic ignition, power windows. Sure it sounds great, it might even look great under the hood. But it's still a 1983 Ford Mustang and looks like shit, and it's still got a 4-banger under the hood.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers
12. No subject Dec 16, 2018, 00:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 16:39:
What's the catch(es) for this? You give Google permission to implant a biometric tracker in your ass?

This information may include: a unique identifier that is assigned to you when you initially access Project Stream; game saves; data about your in-game activity; and data about the Game’s performance on our service, including crash reports. The Publisher, and not Google, is solely responsible for its processing of the data that it collects through Project Stream and has agreed to use this information in accordance with its privacy policy.

AKA Google doesn't have any fingers in it outside of the initial setup, and information retained is based on Ubisoft's ToS/privacy policies.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
28. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 9, 2018, 20:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Armengar wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 19:27:
there will be refunds possible in the EU at least. Hopefully that trickles to other countries.

Oh and if you want your old shortcuts back then use CLSID shortcuts and pin then to your start menu.
Well it took Steam directly being taken to the courts and in AUS. You can bet their ass with the buy-in from what's their name in China that they'll try the old-fucker-roo too.

As for the account breaches? Only thing I can find is the 100% sure one from 2016(800k), but there's a lot of MiTM attacks, lots of scamware through social media claiming to be bots ans so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2018, 13:24 Mashiki Amiketo

No forums, no comments, no reviews, no ratings, no returns.

What could possibly go wrong?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 13:02 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:48:
When you claim that intercept, bloomberg, AM, even WAPO have reported on something the onus of proof is on you.
It also helps if you don't abbreviate unknown sources (AM???). ...

I guess it was too hard to back up your original post, but thanks for kinda trying.
*sigh*
Sounds like a whole lot of whining because everything isn't handed to you. AM is also known as "american mirror" if you only get your news from one source, it's not my problem that you don't know the abbreviation. Besides, if you need anything searching for things you normally don't would help you more then most people posting here.

p.s. There's a reason why in Canada, The Toronto Star is called "The Red Star." I'll let you search and figure out that one too, but to help you out? It has it's origins well earned going back to the early 1980's when they supported wage and price controls.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 12:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:09:
That doesn't make any sense. He's - anyone who runs a site - isn't pushing content to Europe.
Wrong. He's an aggregate site like drudge, or google news or bing news or anything like that. These changes make the people who link, liable. Not the other way around. Instead of all the previous failures over the last decade of them trying, they've finally succeeded.

And how can they come after you? Their laws don't apply here. I'd have to imagine it would be more akin to the if you ever want to visit there they wouldn't permit entrance without paying what you owe. Yeah, that'll be great for tourism. Rolleyes
How do you think the US comes after you in Canada, Australia, Europe? There are existing parallel treaties that allow them to do so. These modifications allow them to directly target aggregate sites, and force them to pay for linking to another site. Remember the shitshow with Spain wanting to do the same thing? No? Go look it up. It was newspaper trying to make them pay their site for linking, because Google was aggregating and they felt they deserved revenue from an aggregate providing them traffic.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 11:58 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:47:
I can't wait until he goes back to work.
Stop being butthurt, and FYI you should read the methodology because it's weighted with the US. Maybe you'll learn something if you actually search out the stories for once in your life. But since it's such hard work, I'll show you.

TI
TI
NYT
MJ
Reuters

It's not like this is rocket surgery, maybe try getting your bias out of the way.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 11:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:38:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:33:
There's a reason why so many politicians, mayors and so on have been criminally charged in Puerto Rico.
Either am I correctly assuming this is sarcasm or I missed a huge story.
A bit of both. Some people have been criminally charged at various levels of the PR federal and local government levels including at the city level. While others are still sitting free, despite their ties to a whole pile of really shady shit relating to the lack of distribution or their interference and/or attempts to "buy" people at the local level by hording and only giving it to their supporters. That buy people at the local level should sound familiar, because it's the MO in many corrupt countries and used to influence elections.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2018, 11:33 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:20:
I really worry about this hurricane and the people in its path. The government didn't do that great helping out Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Maria. Worse even than the response to Katrina. Hopefully this goes better...
There's a reason why so many politicians, mayors and so on have been criminally charged in Puerto Rico. There's no shortage of documented cases of supplies sitting in the warehouses, rotting in warehouses, being ruined by the elements sitting outside unprotected even months after the hurricane hit. Not even getting to the part where federal agents(FEMA, Corps of Engineers, and multiple security details) had to get involved because the PR government itself was hording critical infrastructure supplies and equipment. The government did a good job, the PR federal to local did a criminal job. Check the intercept, bloomberg, AM, even WAPO, if you want to see just how corrupt the PR government was on this.

Yep... this is a reaaaaally bad decision on the part of the EU. Though not a surprising one. There's not a single more pro-corporate pro-copyright body than the EU.
Want to see the real shit show? Watch the vote on it. The MEP's were cheering and clapping as it passed. They cheered and clapped when the amendments to revoke these overzealous sections were defeated, they had no clue what they were voting on. So it seems to be a case of special interests telling the vast majority of MEP's "that it was a really good idea." I think the final vote was 470ish to 230 against.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4363 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo