Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3998 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. No subject Jul 23, 2016, 08:20 Mashiki Amiketo

descender wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 12:25:
Yeah... do you have any idea how the internet works?

Google doesn't have anything to "search" without KAT existing first.

Wanna try that again? I suggest using the "torrent" or "magnet" option that works via boolean searches. Those links are generated without those other sites existing. You're welcome to what people figured out way back when the internet is new.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. No subject Jul 22, 2016, 07:17 Mashiki Amiketo

descender wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:55:
I'm pretty sure you don't understand how torrent trackers work. :p
Or how Google works either...
Beamer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:57:
Or how the word "exactly" works.

Neither host content. Both take down DMCA requests. Both honor DHT searches. Both allow searching and indexing of content. Yep, looks to be exactly the same.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. No subject Jul 21, 2016, 12:47 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 09:44:
They got kickass, dammit! If it's true one of their servers was running in the US, they kind of walked into that one...

I'm sure they're going to go after google any day now right? After all it does exactly the same thing that KAT did.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Anno 2205 DLC
5. No subject Jul 21, 2016, 07:47 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 04:45:
Well since patch 1.7 + Veteran difficulty + Tundra + Orbit the answer is mostly yes... it isn't easy mode anymore, it's actually a pretty good challenge which is only offset by the Orbit research which requires a ton of input to really push it... ...

Sounds like it'll be worth picking up when the entire thing goes on sale in 6mo-1year from now. I picked up 2070 along with all the DLC for $9 last year or the year before and can't complain on the price point or time I've put in.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Jul 17, 2016, 02:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Yifes wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 18:42:

I don't think an old Hindu cleric counts as a "liberal".

He's the religious right. Can't really fault them from saying liberal through, the religious right for all intents and purposes has been pretty quiet for the last 20 years. While liberals and regressive leftists have been screaming in more increasing pitches about how things need to be banned to stop from offending someones sensibilities.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. No subject Jul 12, 2016, 14:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Orogogus wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 13:50:
What the fuck is wrong with you two that you think that venture capital committees threw billions at this company because they have a woman in charge?

Because that's exactly what happened. What? You couldn't find that with a 20 second google search. Take a look at the news media, touting the key thing that she got funding was because she was female, read the VC magazines which said the same thing. Oh yeah, they touted her as the next female Steve Jobs and pushed very hard, and the money went from a trickle to a flood. Guess blind ignorance is lovely sometimes right?

Oh, and tainted blood transfusions? People went to prison for that at least here in Canada 8 years to be exact. But you also seem to be forgetting that there's a negligence difference in most of your examples. Don't forget either on the levels of fraud committed here, and the very between the lines reading that they knew that their product didn't work. I know, difficult thing to grasp right. Then again you guys in the US have far more problems with your drug industry and how it's regulated then other parts of the world.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
16. No subject Jul 12, 2016, 14:00 Mashiki Amiketo

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 13:40:
and even with Vulcan (How many games do you think are going to use Vulcan compared to DirectX?) support that doesnt seem to be happening any time soon.

Quite a few apparently. If anything vulcan has done the job of completely surpassing OGL, and has done a great job of showing that it's the better choice vs dx12 especially with the BS that MS has pulled over the last year with the "our way or the highway" mentality with developers. You're likely going to start seeing a shift towards vulcan over the next year, especially since it's so easy to use it to make the games cross platform.

If nvidia hadn't pulled the "TDR's are your problem" BS back in the 500 series days, or the hard lock problem that caused 400-600 series cards to freeze and in some cases require a system wipe to get the OS back into a workable state. I'd still likely be using their cards, man I loved my evga cards. The TDR problem was directly related to the drivers, and that went on for well over a year. And right up until they started paying to have customer rigs shipped to california and they discovered that it was indeed their drivers, and the drivers throttling the core voltage so low that it caused the gpu to go into a looping crash.

But I'm due for a new card next year since I figure my 7950 will be due for a replacement, so maybe we'll see where this is all by then.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. No subject Jul 12, 2016, 13:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 12:17:
A) Why isn't she going to jail? B) Why is that company allowed to remain in business at all? .

You have to ask? The same reason if she had been a he, and he would likely be looking at 20 years in prison. Don't forget that it was because she was female that people threw money at her in the first place and was able to draw in so much VC to get off the ground.

There's a fundamental fuck-up going on right now where people are judging a persons sex/race for the reasons that they should be getting preferential treatment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. No subject Jul 12, 2016, 11:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Also with the mega thing, if you were premium or had a lifetime account you'll get it back.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. No subject Jul 12, 2016, 09:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 00:34:
P.S. 7/11 was an inside job.

Fire can't melt slurpee dreams.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. No subject Jul 11, 2016, 10:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Killer Kane wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 10:17:
That 7/11 site gave me cancer

Enjoy the 'snapchat' generation.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
38. No subject Jul 11, 2016, 02:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Slick wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 18:10:

Is it illegal for the schezwan place to tell me that their General Tao Chicken is rated "5 stars", or that the Chow Mein is a "House special"?

Depends, are those people being paid to write such by the company it's employed by? And there we've hit the basic problem of writing for/about the company who's either selling the products for someone else. To top it off now you've got a conflict of interest and a severe ethical breach. In some cases that's full on illegal(see various consumer protection laws), in other cases it would be a severe ethical breach of truth in advertising laws in turn making it either a regulation breach(meaning heavy fines or restrictions) or in the very worst case illegal if the organization refers the matter to the crown/DA/etc for prosecution.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
24. No subject Jul 9, 2016, 08:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Think the smallest HDD size they still manufacture is either 150GB or 250GB both in single platter configurations. Which of course is funny, because I sadly remember when I got my first 250MB HDD(first new desktop our family got had a quantum 40MB HDD in it though) and thought I'd never fill it, then 1TB a few years later.

You can find remanufactured drives that are 100GB and less, but they're expensive. Generally running the price of what you'd pay for 1TB or more e.g. $40-125, and if you really need a drive that's locked due to particular reasons you're like at EOL on the hardware anyway.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
12. No subject Jul 7, 2016, 05:15 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 02:49:
I had a bunch of stuff in my cart, got pulled away before I could purchase. Finally had free time on July 4... but the sale was over! Who ends a sale on July freakin' 3???

There's a madness behind that. It makes you think, well it'll be over before the holiday...so I'd better buy it now, so I can play it then. Not saying it was a smart move, but that'd be my guess as to why they did it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
9. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 23:53 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 20:20:
I spent 4$ ... aka.. nothing really.... without the daily sales there was also a distinct lack of proper guidance to a decent game I might not have yet heard of...

$1.56 myself, and that was to pick up the ghostbusters game(ghostbusters 3). I didn't see anything I wanted that I already didn't have or haven't gotten around to playing yet.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
11. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 13:28 Mashiki Amiketo

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 12:46:
should I start w2 over or just go for W3 ? (I tend to have game-ADD when it comes to single player games so I'm thinking just skip straight to W3 but hoping I dont miss out on too much story...

W3 has a simulate choice and dialog choice options(after you complete white orchard) since events from the first two games carry over to the 3rd. You could skip the 2nd game, but those choices might not make any sense if you didn't complete the story itself.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 12:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 12:34:
Yeah, no point in waiting, just play it. Just a brilliant game and perfect finish with Blood and Wine. I'm a sad panda that's all there is.

Blood and wine was damned amazing and you could count it as a completely separate game. But both of those expansions or DLC that people want to call them? It's been a long time since I was that impressed.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 11:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Slashman wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:23:
WTH do I do now?? Should I just wait more??

You're killing me here CDPR!!!
Nah. Finish your play through it's likely 5-9mo out at this point, that's how long it usually takes for it to be released after they give a tip on the directors cut/enhanced ed. etc.

Yep called it. Someone in another thread said that they wouldn't be releasing a "super deluxe version" at all because the game was already done and there was no more to add. Fuckin' CDPR showing the industry that even if you do it right, there's room for improvement.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
13. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 04:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 03:06:

Xmas 2017, maybe.

Let's just hope they learned not to fuck around with the dialog system like they did with FO4.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
5. No subject Jul 6, 2016, 00:26 Mashiki Amiketo

ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 21:53:
Complaining about babes. You millennials truly are the worst fucking generation ever.

Don't tell them that, you might trigger them. Or that women also like looking at sexy women...and men.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3998 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo