Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 4321 (Master)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
20. No subject Feb 17, 2018, 09:36 Mashiki Amiketo

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 07:28:
lol you're so full of shit, here is the actual indictment and it is the opposite of the garbage you are spewing.
indictment
Did you even read it? I guess not otherwise, you'd know what I wrote was right. Go on, let me know when you get to the part where they supported *everyone* but there is no collusion. And even at that, it was openly stated it had *no* effect on the election. Also, going by your exceedingly low bar, every person posting in this thread is meddling in the election.

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 07:46:
We are so glad you're back, did 4chan kick you out?
Now about that Nunes memo you were so fond of that was going to prove pizzagate (or whatever bizarro conspiracy theory you will fall for next), how's that going for ya kiddo. I'm guessing by your post that they still use lead pipes for the water supply in your part of Canada, you might want to use a filter.
You seem upset and still pretty upset over the nunes memo. Then again, going by the amount you post do you work these days? Some of us do, and actually have to conserve our time. Are you that upset that the democrat one wasn't released because they included methods and classified material that would require it to go back? You seem to be following the beamer path of insanity though, and still don't understand what the word 'coincidence' means. Going by your inability to read, let alone understand what the indictment actually says? I shouldn't be surprised, most people have never taken a law class in their lives. Yourself included. But I bet you were sure hammering away the other day when the media started claiming that the FL shooter was a 'white nationalist' nice conspiracy theory though wasn't it.

Saboth wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 08:07:
Just about everything you said is wrong. These indictments do not prove collusion, but this investigation is perhaps halfway over. We already have associates and member's of Trumps inner circle who have taken plea deals and found guilty.
Said that, you apparently can't read either. Then again I guess that's why several of them have also filed 4th amendment violations with the court. Do you know the term "fishing expedition" in law?

Perhaps look up the history on how these investigations work. You start at the bottom and round up as many low-level guys as possible and see how many will turn on the ones up top. So far some are taking plea deals for very low-level crimes. That sounds like the investigators are struggling to find real crimes here, but it's quite the opposite. The lesser the crime they take a plea deal on means the more real dirt they are turning over so that the people up top will face the *true* charges.
Except going by what's happened that's the exact opposite isn't it? See that first sentence you wrote. Then again, do you know how these investigations work. They're not being charged with low-level crimes either, so again you don't seem to get it.

As for ID laws, you have provided zero evidence that in-person voter fraud has occurred. Do you have any? About 10-20 cases of it have been proven in the past decade or so. Obviously it's just not happening.
See, here's where you don't get it. If 13 'russians' have influenced the election apparently with memes and shitposting, going by your reasoning and the die-hard anti-trumpers here. Then millions of illegals have also influenced the election as well. This is on top of the fact that illegals are counted in the census and is used for the electoral college.

You should also ask yourself why every western country except the US has voter ID laws, and we have voter fraud even in Canada with it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes
32. No subject Feb 17, 2018, 01:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 08:35:
As for proving you are over 18, is there actually a meaningful way to do that online?
Credit cards generally work well, not always perfectly however. The other option is to restrict lootboxes to M rated titles. The laws are already in place in many states and provinces that restrict sales to those who are above the age of majority.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. No subject Feb 17, 2018, 01:28 Mashiki Amiketo

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 20:02:
There was no collusion, absolutely no collusion, no collusion.

If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth.

Vitamin C cures the common cold. You only use 10% of your brain. Eating carrots improves your eyesight. Crime in the US is at an all-time high.
You should probably read what it actually says, but that might be a bit hard for you so: The claim was, russians colluded to elect Trump. The case shows that isn't the case. It in fact shows that they ran campaigns to bolster BLM, Clinton, Stein, a couple of others. They ran a campaign to bolster Trump. So sorry, the collusion story goes right out the window. Collusion means they worked *directly* with an official in an official capacity to do something. But here's the kicker, they created fake US drivers licenses(and stole ID) to vote in US elections, and wanna guess which party they registered under? It's in the indictment.

Man would you look at that. I guess you *do* need voter ID laws, on top of that it looks like you also need to start deporting all those illegals. After all, if 13 russians supposedly influenced an election(starting back in 2014), what's with those 12 million+ illegals?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. No subject Feb 16, 2018, 01:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 23:47:
On the other hand anyone over 18 who is falling for this nonsense is likely to lose their money in some other equally silly way if you prevent them from doing it on loot boxes.

So... six in one, half a dozen in the other.
Problem is, it's not just people over 18. There's plenty of games marketed Teen which have loot boxes, which is a problem. There's a huge swath of the mobile market that's marketed Everyone with p2w and loot boxes in it.

There's a reason why you can't buy lottery tickets under the age of majority in most places. On top of it, loot boxes offer no intrinsic value outside of the game itself.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. No subject Feb 15, 2018, 22:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 18:09:
Yep--fix loot boxes but completely ignore being bought by the NRA and the deaths of even more children. One f'k up country!

Maybe you should ask a better question like: "Was it a really good idea for democrats, and progressives to destroy the mental health system in the 1980's? Turning it into the revolving door system that it is today, where people actively avoid getting treatment. And first responders are now the front-line in dealing with mentally unstable people." Now keep in mind that this wasn't a US only occurrence, it happened all over western countries. But it was pushed by one very specific side of the political spectrum, and it's caused no shortage of problems.

If you don't think it's a problem, go to your local courthouse and go read back over the last year. And you'll see "remand: MHR-eval, pickup threatening/others. Violent threat/physical attacks public/hospital/self-harm/etc" and the names will be listed over, and over, and over again. With the same revolving door. Into facility, on meds 7-14 days, off meds, repeat behavior, remand, back into facility. Start step 1, back on meds...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
26. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Feb 1, 2018, 14:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 12:26:
I'm not worried about it, these movements eat themselves from within once the infighting starts. It's all Moral High Ground until the accused is someone they identify with and then the cause devolves into factions.

Anyways this whole thing was shameful and pointless.
The problem is that these movements can cause a lot of damage, to either people, organizations, and sometimes society at large. Of course the backlash against them can be spectacular too, real question is what are we going to hit first.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

24. No subject Jan 31, 2018, 21:57 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:19:
Oh for fucks sake.

"You can't give an award to someone who partied in the 70s!"

That sentiment makes no sense at all. It's not like the guy is a convicted pedophile or a murderer.

Social justice that's why. Facts? Don't matter. Different time? Doesn't matter. Nobody hurt? Doesn't matter. People with? Doesn't matter. All that matter is what some whiny neo-puritian hipster is crying over something that hurt their feelings. Further comments touched on it, but that's what it is. It's a witch hunt, nothing more, nothing less. No different then dongle gate, Tim Hunt, Matt Taylor.

Then again, another name getting that "award" like Rami Ismail. The guy is a shitty human, in modern times, who is racist to whites, openly defends terrorism as a means of imposing political and social ideology and really? If you disagree with him that Islamists blowing people up is bad, you're also a racist.

So the slippery slope proves to be true, and several people who were once for this witch hunting are now against it. Gee...will the wonders never cease.

edit: And now it becomes a case of yep...it is a witch hunt. I hope you jackasses that supported this are enjoying your entire life being able to be destroyed and/or ruined not because you didn't do anything wrong, but because someone either knew you did something they didn't like(but it was socially acceptable) or because some woman has an axe to grind 10-30 years later.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2018, 22:09.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. No subject Jan 31, 2018, 10:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Go-go WITCH HUNT! Keep driving that wedge even tighter you stupid fucks.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. No subject Jan 26, 2018, 06:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 07:13:
I can't remember a single time you were right, and not just regurgitating what The_Donald, KotakuInAction, or your favorite white male screaming at a YouTube camera told you to think.

I do, however, remember you defending Pizzagate, so I'm not certain why anyone here bothers. Maybe they don't remember you were a Pizzagater.
Monday: Nunes made up the memo. Tuesday: It's too complex. Wednesday: Democrats have their own. Thursday: Don't release the memo! What's today going to be? Russians wrote the memo and it was proofed by nazi's maybe.

Oh by the way, I find it funny that you can't actually dispute anything I've said. Something which is rather funny as well, what's that favorite phrase of the left these days, especially those using talking points? Oh right, whataboutism. Lots of that going on in your post, and lots of happy people slapping their flippers in agreement.

I do remember saying that there's a lot of circumstantial things related to pizzagate, and there is. Remember how you said you'd find proof I was a die-hard supporter and never found any? Remember how I asked you how many times you've been a witness for the state in CP related investigations and you didn't answer? Guess you're drawing on your non-existent experience on that one. Remember how Jimmy Savile was also just a conspiracy theory, and then it was well...gee...we found out it was only covered it up for 40 years, at multiple levels of government, and police, and the media. That was some conspiracy theory too, wow wee!

So I end up being right, twitter and facebook come out saying well...really...it *was* actually americans posting it. Guess that just makes them all russian agents right? Or would it be that they're nazis? That smells almost like a conspiracy theory.

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 10:27:
Snopes scores a "least biased"
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/snopes/
But sad clueless angry trolls be a trolling.
You mean a site that's considered so biased that nobody except the die-hard "I'm with her!/Russia stole the election!" supporters use it? Has a single person who oversees it and openly states that methodology is based on personal opinion?

Oh boy! Jimmy, tell our contestant what he's won!

Nullity wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 12:27:
Holy crap, the Trump admin and Repubs are just going all in with the obstruction, eh? You guys keep digging that hole, you'll make it out eventually. *giggles*

Also, reading this thread, I can't believe how incredibly idiotic Repub voters and Trump supporters are. They've been voting against their own (and everyone else's) interests for decades, but this shit is just getting bananas.
Man, I can't believe how much all of this has changed in 48hrs with those recovered text messages huh? Now we've got people who were in charge of the investigation saying that they deliberately didn't turn over pieces of information to congress, that they were colluding to set the tone and pace of the investigation and...what's that? Oh they also transmitted federal investigation documents relating to investigation to the Clinton camp and used private non-governmental services to do it and said(in the recovered texts) they did so in order to obfuscate the trail.

Gee what shall we find out next? Wait it's all fake news, right off the judiciary.senate.gov website.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2018, 06:29.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Jan 23, 2018, 23:53 Mashiki Amiketo

SMITE wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 23:13:
You're so full of shit here, I don't know where to start.

He didn't write it solely, and he's already on record of not writing all of it(it was a group of people within the intellegence committee who did along with senior aides who had security access.) And if you're so upset by it, then you have absolutely no fear of it coming out do you? But you sure are rushing to the defense of "no no, don't release it."

FYI Fusion GPS didn't answer every question. They infact refused to answer questions, tried fighting tooth and nail against having anything released and fought even harder to have bank records released which showed that they'd been paying reporters, and the US individuals tied to it, plead the fifth or refused to show.

Here's Snopes on Russian involvement with this farce:
Using snopes? Really? After all the times they've been caught "slanting" issues, including issues which are actually black and white because it makes democrats look bad. Who's the low information voter? The person relying on someone else to tell them "what the facts are" or the person who wants the information released so it can sink or swim on it's own.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2018, 00:42.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Jan 23, 2018, 22:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 15:59:
They are going to fuck up the Denuvo so badly with so many layers of DRM that its going to cause really bad performance issues. There is no way you layer several a DRM like this and not have some kind of performance issue.
That already happens with Denuvo, so not like it's anything new.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Jan 23, 2018, 21:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Holy fuck. Maybe they should be investigating themselves for "redirecting and renaming" the hashtags to other things by using their internal autocomplete. Because it sure wasn't Russians pushing that. The document exists, both sides have seen it. Republicans have already started the process to release it. Democrats are going out of their way to stop it from being released. Sure tells you exactly what the problem is, and just how very damaging to the democrats it is.

The entire "russians under your bed" bullshit being pushed by the left is right out of the land of conspiracy theories. Right beside "there are nazi's everywhere!"

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
16. No subject Jan 15, 2018, 10:47 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 01:05:
Hawaii is dusting off protocols they haven't used in 20 years, thanks not only to that asshole Kim, but also to Trump who is intentionally ratcheting up tensions.
Maybe you should be asking why Clinton, Bush II, and Obama all kicked that can down the road and *allowed* N.Korea to become the country that it is? I mean, it's not that Japan has been considering for the last several years rewriting Article 9 of their constitution to deal with N.Korea. Or that it's moved from "talking" to the legislative phase. Article 9, as I'm sure you're unaware deals with Japan having an active military - not for self defense any longer. Or that people in Japan are supportive of the idea of going nuclear to deter China and N.Korea.

But it's all Trump's fault.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
14. No subject Jan 15, 2018, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:19:
Did you just call the star pupil of Breitbart "not conservative?"

And you respect, and even like, Milo, don't you?
So you're saying that the star pupil's on the left who write fro breitbart aren't left?

You're making tones of sense there, like usual.

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:20:
Examples? Even the worst offenders like Milo took quite a while to get banned. It's not like it happened because of one or two things he said.

I assume that if there are people saying similarly offensive things on the left, that they haven't yet exhibited enough of a pattern of such behavior to get banned.
Kassy Dillon is a good example. You can start digging from there, it's not a rare thing. And they had no "profile of abuse."

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:23:
Are there? Last I checked the "conservatives" in this country are all about big government when it's propping up dying industries in red states, enforcing Christian morality on people, or unleashing drones on the Middle East like a swarm of angry bees. And they looove to run the deficit up just as much as any liberal.

Yeah, libertarians exist, but they have no political influence in the mainstream.

"Conservative" in the US is just a misnomer for "Evangelical."
About time for you to step out of the big city, get out of the echo chamber, and start looking. Because of the ex-CEO of NPR(Ken Stern) could figure it out, it's time for you to start doing the same. You know the "rebpulicans" had their turning day with the tea party and driving those neocons out. You know where those neocons ended up? They were welcomed with open arms by the left and the DNC. David Frum is a great example of that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 10:27:
If Twitter has such a liberal bias, why did it take some wildly offensive conservatroll like Milo so long to get banned?
First thing, he's not conservative. He's stated he falls far more closely to social-libertarian. Second he's always claimed he was a provocateur, and that's always what's made him famous--and he's always given the same advice "if you don't want me to be famous by doing this, ignore me." The real question you should be asking, is why were conservative-leaning, or libertarian people banned and temp banned when they used the language(or exact verbatim) of "big left-wing names" word-for-word. That includes journalists, reporters, authors, and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:14 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 18:03:

Why do they allow so many fucking loudmouth conservative trolls? They are doing liberal bias wrong. (I use the term conservative loosely. I don't think there are any actual conservatives in America anymore.)

There's plenty of conservatives. The sjw and progressive left have simply decided that anyone to the right of marx or trotsky is alt-right. That includes, left-of-center, center, center-right, right, libertarian, social-libertairan, conservative-libertairan no longer exist. The problem isn't that they don't exist, the problem is the people you're listening to are *telling you* they don't exist.

Enjoy the identity politics. And if you don't think that the progressive left aren't doing that? Go look at the leadership of the DNC, and other progressive left-wing groups. Go on, really look. You're going to find people like the #2 of the DNC who's an ardent ethnostatist(in sjw/progressive terms a nazi), and open racist and race baiter. And yes, Ellison is an ethnostatist he's openly proclaimed he wants a black-only state. And there's the SJW's who want segregation back, black-only spaces, if you're not a "POC" you can't attend *insert group meeting" and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2018, 13:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Watch out for the shit weather tomorrow/late today. They weren't calling for any rain/snow/freezing rain here in SW-Ontario, woke up with 1/16th" of freezing rain on the cars, blowing snow and 7" in the driveway. 2" more fell after 8am.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. No subject Jan 7, 2018, 09:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 23:15:
As an Apple stock owner I'd officially like to say, as long as the stock continues to roar upward, I couldn't care less.
People said the same thing about Nortel.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. No subject Jan 5, 2018, 23:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Nucas wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 21:26:
Canadians Are Obsessed with Cold-Shaming Because It's All We Have
Ah vice, showing that it is indeed a cesspool of the internet...right beside buzzfeed and other clickbait.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

24. No subject Jan 5, 2018, 20:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 18:19:
My first real cold was when I moved to Calgary when I was 18. First winter there it hit -35c and windchill was -50c. They had warnings on all media about how going outside could cause frostbite to exposed skin in less than 2 minutes. Now that was ball shrinking cold.
Few years back when we had that big freeze, I was out in northern Alberta. Hit -45C without the windchill(-61C with) where I was staying. That's the type of cold that radiates into the house and you still feel it. I don't really find -35C that bad except around the great lakes, where there's just enough humidity to amplify it and make it even more shitty all the way around.

I'll just cue in the old joke: How do you tell you're in Canada? It's -20C and people are walking around with shorts on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4321 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo