User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

69 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Command and Conquer 3 multiplayer...
Jan 27, 2008, 18:24
Re: Command and Conquer 3 multiplayer... Jan 27, 2008, 18:24
Jan 27, 2008, 18:24

My point was that I think it is wrong to diss cnc3 for being less strategical then any other RTS games out there based on your complaints about massing units and rushing. Theese elements is very common for RTS games. I just want people to stop praising Blizzard all the time they arent that good.

It is the same with other discussions I have had where everyone loves Nintendo but hates EA even though both companies uses the same buisness model to crank out sequels and establish new ips.

Besides wc3 has been out longer then cnc3 and has had more time to mature and get problems fixed, I am sure ( or atleast i hope ) that EA will fix the GDI overpowered problem that is in the game.

And no it is not a joke to bring up the tournament finals at Dreamhack between Grubby and Dowwaq to point out the lack of variation in wc3. Same thing can be said about all leagues/tournaments and so forth in wc3. Trust me i know, i have played several myself and watched as well. You have like 2 - 3 options depending on map/race u meet. Using 100s of different stratieges and unit combinations is simply not true.

And again, my comparsion between the games was to point out that wc3 as an rts game suffers from the same problem that cnc3 does.

Apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes and other things that might upset readers/posters, I am simply trying to show you my point of view as a gamer when it comes to rts games.

Re: Command and Conquer 3 multiplayer...
Jan 27, 2008, 04:59
Re: Command and Conquer 3 multiplayer... Jan 27, 2008, 04:59
Jan 27, 2008, 04:59

Interesting comment... I am to a big fan of Starcraft and Warcraft 3 tournament fan. Watching leagues like NGL WC3L and so forth on a regular basis. But I don't understand why you diss cnc3 they way you do and then praise Blizzards games. Anyone with half a brain can say the same thing about Blizzards games that you just did about cnc3.

Since there has been no patches what so ever from Blizzard in WC3 for ages everyone knows what build orders there is for each games setup. Add to that some lame heroes with superman beign worst and random items that can turn a game. Same units is being massed as well every game. Just look at the the wc3 tournament at DreamHack between Grubby and DowwaQ, same setup with units, heroes battles etc all games. Samething goes for StarCraft. Only real difference is that the games can be longer.

But to each and his own i guess...

So anyone know whats new here?
Aug 1, 2007, 06:19
So anyone know whats new here? Aug 1, 2007, 06:19
Aug 1, 2007, 06:19

I was hoping for some new classes since the bc expansion did not do that. I finally got a lvl 70 priest but since then i have not played wow at all for a few months now. Will probably get back in the expansion if there is any new classes to try out. If its just extra lvl cap and more grinding then no thanks.

C&C3 shallow?
Jul 16, 2007, 06:42
C&C3 shallow? Jul 16, 2007, 06:42
Jul 16, 2007, 06:42

To Jerykk:

Hmm i find it odd that you can call C&C3 shallow becuase there is no support units, no secondary economy and massing. Becuase that is basicly what StarCraft is all about. You mass like hell there, upgrades is like what armor/attack? Secondary economy, well i guess u can call expansions that but since you can expand in C&C3 to that argument fells short to.

Now I dont say that C&C3 is innovating or sth, they use the old forumla in a good way imo. But calling C&C3 shallow and praise StarCraft based on your arguments is stupid like hell. Because everyone that has played the two games relise they are mostly the same, just different settings, stories, units etc. But the foundations and rules are the same.

Need more info on this
Dec 19, 2006, 13:09
Need more info on this Dec 19, 2006, 13:09
Dec 19, 2006, 13:09

For starters this Live Anywhere thing if you already pay for xbox live gold i sure hope you dont need to pay extra for pc version. Otherwise they should dicth the anywhere-logo. I also wonder when games will start to be vista only and not playable on xp, i guess that will be the day when i finally have to get that vista thing. Until then i just have to wait and see what happens.

I always preorder if its Blizzard
Oct 14, 2006, 09:40
I always preorder if its Blizzard Oct 14, 2006, 09:40
Oct 14, 2006, 09:40

If it is Blizzard I always preorder, yeah have a preorder out for the ce of burning crusadse, im a blizzard addict Otherwise i just wait and see.

I have been lucky enought to get to E3 a couple of times now so I can say been there done that. But really I think it was better show for ppl who stayed home. Its so loud in there you can barely hear ppl talk, and all theese neon flash and other stuff makes your eyes tired and head hurt. Also there was to much to see on to little time so you just run around like some mad man trying not to miss anything.

I think you can say E3 is a sort of love/hate-releationship. Should be intresteting to see what happens to gdc now when E3 is downsized.

Were doomed!!!!!111
Aug 18, 2006, 06:12
Were doomed!!!!!111 Aug 18, 2006, 06:12
Aug 18, 2006, 06:12

Omg! If this is not a sign of the apocalypse coming then I don't know what is. I think it's time to pick sides here. To bad noone knows if there is a heaven or not so one could be sure of its choice

Must resist!!!
Aug 12, 2006, 14:18
Must resist!!! Aug 12, 2006, 14:18
Aug 12, 2006, 14:18

I finally managed to unistall the bloody game and have not played a single second for nearly 2 months. Thank you Blizzard for coming out with more and more stupid news about the expansion, makes it alot more easier to resist!!

Great News!
Aug 12, 2006, 08:03
Great News! Aug 12, 2006, 08:03
Aug 12, 2006, 08:03

Seriously I don't understand why everone gets so damned paranoid and think everything is bad just becuase Microsoft is doing something. I have been playing games on the PC since the mid 80:s and consoles since the original nes came out.

The way I see it Microsoft has done a great job with its unified Xbox Live service simply becuase I want to be able to hook up get online and start playing. I don't want to install tons of 3rd party sucky sollutions like gayspy arcade. If they can port Xbox Live to make it as good as Blizzards B.net on the PC im all over it.

And cliffski I don't know if you heard about a service called Xbox Live Arcade? If I don't missunderstand you completly that is exactly what you want.

No I am not a MS employee or something, I just want an easy and good unified multiplayer service. If it takes Microsoft to do it fine, just get it done.

Oh I forgot, you guys who whine about the fact that Xbox Live costs money, get a job. In Sweden its like 500 sek for a year, thats about $70, in other words no money at all. Only people that whine about that is kids that wants everything for free....

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 08:05.
69 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older