Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cam M

Real Name Cam M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname siapnar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 8, 2006, 22:21
Total Comments 2052 (Senior)
User ID 26019

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witness Trailer
1. Re: The Witness Trailer Nov 20, 2015, 11:43 siapnar

Love it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
4. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 18, 2015, 12:47 siapnar

I play games at 1080p with FXAA and see no reason to ever upgrade to 4K.

But yeah, this looks awesome

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
43. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 15:57 siapnar

edaciousx wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:40:
clearly you never played jedi knight online.
Jedi Knight Academy?

Yeah you're probably right. I heard it was fantastic. I played Outcast only, for some reason

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 09:46 siapnar

I'm not sure something as distinct as Star Wars holds up too well in an MP only game. It's more of a one-shot, have an amazing experience, then move on kinda deal.

A generic army setup like BF works because it's not as repetitive looking or sounding after a few months. If that makes any sense.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 15, 2015, 18:35 siapnar

I had no idea it even existed until now  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 15, 2015, 18:34 siapnar

Alamar wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 18:18:
It really floors me how much content these games have these days... Sometimes, when I get up high on a building, I just look around and marvel at the crazy number of man-hours it took to just model/texture all this shit... And the amount of detail with placed items and what not... Went into a jail cell earlier, and there were chems stashed in the corner, behind a pillar, so that the cops wouldn't see them...
I feel the same about Witcher 3. The detail is so rich I feel like an asshole if I don't make efforts to uncover every inch of the world.

News Comments > J.J. Abrams Collaboration SPYJINX Announced
6. Re: J.J. Abrams Collaboration SPYJINX Announced Nov 11, 2015, 23:42 siapnar

I don't understand all the hate for the new Star Trek movies. I think they're great fun, well paced and well acted. They're supposed to be popcorn flicks, and I think the production team nailed them in that respect  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 10:14 siapnar

I think it's going to be hard for any open world game to stack up against the Witcher 3. That game is a marvel in all respects.

I haven't played Fallout 4 but from what I'm reading about it's bugs, bad animations, mediocre writing & story, underwhelming graphics and other issues, I find it hard to believe that it can legitimately score higher than W3 on some sites.

Maybe people just really crave the setting

Task wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 10:09:
Again, giving Bethesda a pass for not bare minimum improvements or regression in other areas
My thoughts exactly

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Studios Launches
13. Re: Activision Blizzard Studios Launches Nov 7, 2015, 12:43 siapnar

LiTh wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 03:29:
I thought they did that inhouse?
I was under the impression they outsource them to a specific trailer making company. Same one did stuff for Warhammer and Star Wars games

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 6, 2015, 20:38 siapnar

I know that many people are saying that the somewhat stylized or cartoony CGI in Warcraft is a result of it being inspired by the games, but if that's the case, you'd expect the humans to be similar CGI as well, not real actors.

I think it detracts from the overall look. Plus I kind of expected the graphics to be Avatar level of quality, but it doesn't seem the case. Subjective, I'm sure

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Studios Launches
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Studios Launches Nov 6, 2015, 20:26 siapnar

Just outsource a Starcraft movie to the studio that did this cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbeoSPqRs4

Fucking. Awesome.

News Comments > Steam Item Stores
16. Re: Steam Item Stores Nov 5, 2015, 08:53 siapnar

NetHead wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:22:
Now a paid for product doing this, charging paying customers for cosmetic items is in no way good will, friendly or a positive move, it's pure greed while lying and insulting already paying customers.
I don't see how charging for items that cost money to make is greedy. These new cosmetic additions don't just appear out of thin air, someone is getting paid to make them (if they're by developers). Would you expect a free new paint job on your car, just because you already paid for the car?

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
7. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 20:04 siapnar

Aero wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 19:52:
Yeah, pretty as they make the textures, lighting and post effects, the character animations are still all going to be on the early 2000's slope of the uncanny valley.

It's not a deal breaker at all, but I really wish they'd put some serious effort into remedying that.
I do find it odd that they don't seem to put any resources into animation. It's something that can make a game look so much better if done well.

You can have stick figures, but with great animation they can come to life the same way a well skinned 100,000 poly model can

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
10. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 11:34 siapnar

This is going to bite them in the ass. There's no way that Candy Crush will continue to rake in the kind of money it has been.

The ROI on this seems poor.

Also, more faith lost in the human race. That game is probably the most annoying piece of "entertainment" on the planet

News Comments > Hitman Trailer
2. Re: Hitman Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 20:41 siapnar

This trailer tickled me in all the right spots.

Ten times more interested in the game now.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Updated
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Updated Oct 28, 2015, 12:27 siapnar

God, it would be so awesome to have bots in this game so if I just wanted to go in and dominate I could without worrying too much.

I do alright online, but sometimes after a work day you just want to steamroll some AI

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
5. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 12:26 siapnar

I see some kinda game here, but it doesn't seem all that interesting to me  

News Comments > The Park Released
13. Re: The Park Released Oct 27, 2015, 15:52 siapnar

ItBurn wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:54:
Have you ever played Clive barker's Undying? This is a game that shows that being able to defend yourself doesn't have to make it less scary. Not sure it holds up so well nowadays.
Best horror game ever.

I would kill for an HD remake

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
1. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 15:44 siapnar

I think having so much exposure so early is now going to work against them. June is pretty far from now  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow Oct 27, 2015, 00:04 siapnar

Dacron wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 22:38:
You mean vehicle AA? Cause Infantry AA in BF4 is near useless except to annoy and force them into cover for 10 seconds occasionally.
Most definitely vehicle AA, which is OP as hell. Can't count how many times there's been an AA close to the enemy spawn decimating our numbers by the minute and we're unable to reach it.

2052 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo