Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bryan young

Real Name bryan young   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jccalhoun
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.popularculturegaming.com
Signed On Feb 4, 2000, 15:38
Total Comments 90 (Suspect)
User ID 2577

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released
13. Re: POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released Apr 18, 2015, 11:13 jccalhoun

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 23:58:
How the fuck does Running With Scissors stay in business? How many employees do they have? This question always boggles my mind.

It looks like the guy who runs it, Vince Desi, has a day job at a medical equipment company: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/vince-desi/0/118/66
So he probably keeps Running With Scissors open with spare money from his day job.

www.popularculturegaming.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Night of a Million Billion Zombies Patch, Demo
7. Re: A late April Fool's joke? Apr 2, 2008, 08:33 jccalhoun

Crashed for me too. I tried it on two different machines (one vista one xp)  

News Comments > Far Cry Beta Patch Warning
35. Re: Very Smart! Jan 2, 2006, 10:01 jccalhoun

OK< all this tech stuff is over my head, but I think there is a simpler reason why Farcry's HDR only works on nvidia cards. The Crytek engine started out as a nvidia tech demo originally called x-isle. Therefore, the engine has tight ties to nvidia. I'm sure if they really wanted to they could have figured out a way to make it work with ati, but they chose not to.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Stupid stupid windows... Aug 19, 2005, 15:14 jccalhoun

I'm not surpized about the mouse driver. A couple weeks ago I reformated my harddrive and was trying to reinstall windows xp when it kept locking up on the windows screen half way through the install. After several hours of hair pulling, I unplugged my MICROSOFT usb keyboard and plugged in an old emachines ps/2 keyboard and windows installed without a hitch...  

News Comments > Competitions
1. wierd pictures Apr 28, 2005, 13:46 jccalhoun

The pictures that accompany that BBC story are really odd. Sure they are talking about a trip to China as a prize, but what do the pictures of Chinese art and artifacts have to do with it?
I wonder if every article on bbb.co.uk has to have a picture and they didn't have anything better?

News Comments > Masters of DOOM Movie
5. Re: Interesting. Apr 14, 2005, 23:23 jccalhoun

Well, they made a tv movie about Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. I can't imagine that a TV movie about a videogame company would be any worse. I'm sure they would play up the Romero rock star, Carmack emotionless angle to full tilt.  

News Comments > Ion Storm Closed
6. mixed bag Feb 10, 2005, 19:05 jccalhoun

The miniscule levels aside Deus Ex 2 wasn't horrible. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one though.

I'm in the middle of Thief 3 and the small levels aren't nearly as bad. If any silver lining can be found it might be that the plan to make the next Thief game set in a more modern era might be canned.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Early?
43. I'm sure they have thought of it Nov 12, 2004, 11:47 jccalhoun

I would be very surpized if they haven't done something in the eventuality that someone doesn't have an internet connection. LIke it or not, activations codes are becoming more common. XP had it and you could call an 800 number to get the code if you didn't have an internet connection (as in my case when I first installed it). I bought some software online last week and it also had online activation, but had an option to call by phone or to email the company, so i'm sure valve will have something similar.  

56. Re: cooler weather Oct 26, 2004, 19:40 jccalhoun

Since I seem to remember Blue talking about how hot it is during the summer in his attic office, and now about how cold it is (and it isn't even really that cold yet. I haven't turned my heat on), I think the real solution is insulation. It might be a pain in the ass for a week, but it will pay off in the long run to insulate!  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Submitted for Certification
49. obvious... Oct 15, 2004, 16:36 jccalhoun

"a November release is "extremely likely."" ...But they didn't say November of which year!  

News Comments > UK Half-Life 2 DVD Only?
39. Re: DVD Oct 5, 2004, 11:39 jccalhoun

I just checked on pricewatch and you can get a plain old dvd drive (not burner) for $12 +shipping and handling. They should just sell a dvd-only version that comes with a dvd drive for $20 more.  

News Comments > Morning Q&As
5. stolen Sep 14, 2004, 11:28 jccalhoun

Her only ally, Louis Palmer, is physically removed from the field of play, and can only communicate by radio.

Wow! someone that talks to you over the radio! How original! I just hope that the character is really sarcastic and has lots of attitude! While the game may be good, if I never have the sidekick talking to me over the radio again, I won't complain.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 11:28.

News Comments > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
4. Re: definite dates Sep 1, 2004, 14:39 jccalhoun

It isn't really supposed to last much longer than 3 minutes. If you get the hang of it, you can last 10-20 minutes. That is by design. It is supposed to be sort of teh equivelent to minesweeper or solitare. Something to play on a lunch break or something.

i was ever so addicted to this game at one point. I am looking forward to the sequel quite a bit.

News Comments > DOOM 3 on Win98/ME
40. Re: Something's wrong... Aug 5, 2004, 20:12 jccalhoun

Hey guys, why should DirectX be a measure if your OS will run Doom3? It doesn't use DirectX.  

News Comments > DOOM 3 on Win98/ME
13. Re: DO NOT INSTALL Aug 5, 2004, 13:35 jccalhoun

I would imaging that as far as changing the OS patch goes, it really isn't an issue of CAN Doom3 run on them, but do they want the headache of tech support for it? I would imagine that to the bean counters supporting 98 and ME simply isn't worth the money. Since the game was built with portability in mind (to the X-Box, to Linux, to Mac) I can't imagine that there really is a whole lot of WindowsXP specific code in there. Over on Shacknews people are reporting that they are getting Doom3 to run in 98 just by changing a file that checks for XP or 2000 so I would imagine that is all the AnyOS thingy does.  

News Comments > More on id and Creative
15. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2004, 17:02 jccalhoun

So they had to defend it or lose it. Well, why not lose it? Creative isn't making their own videocards, so why do they need a patent on a video technique, except to make money on it?  

News Comments > Carmack Working Ahead
28. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2004, 20:19 jccalhoun

Yes, Carmack has previously said he was tired of the work load and looking towards moving on once Doom 3 came out.

Hopefully he's changed his mind.

Well, this is the guy who brought a workstation on his honeymoon. I have a hard time imagining him ever giving up programming for good.

Carmack's a flip-flopper! You can't tell where he is on the issues!

63. Re: homophobes Jul 15, 2004, 14:27 jccalhoun

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. You lead a very foul life. Look at the language you use. I told you, this is an example of low intelligence. Perhaps you can use a dictonary to find some other words. It's so sad to see someone whose life is that bad.

To whom are you referring? I have responded to you twice and I do not seem to see any replies to my comments. Yet you keep replying to people you seem to regard as having "low intelligence."

The fact remains that you started this conversation by saying:
Regardless of what marriage may have once been back in the “15th century”, in this day and age and in this country it is a religious and sacred.
and I have attempted to respond that there are many gay people, both men and women, who feel the same way and that their marriage would be as religious and sacred to them as any heterosexual marriage. You may not agree because you do not share the same beliefs but I am not Muslim and do not beleive in Mohammed but respect their marriage.

Now you may say that the bible says homosexuality is wrong, but that is a different issue. The issue at hand is the religiousness and sacredness of marriage.

60. Re: homophobes Jul 15, 2004, 13:54 jccalhoun

Well all this religion talk still doesn't change the fact that you can *gasp* be gay and still be a church going christian and have a church wedding. Your religion may disagree with it, but there are lots of other things that religions don't agree on besides sexuality. I mean, I've seen a billboard that basically says that if you go to church on Sunday instead of Saturday you are going to hell, so if they are right, then we all have bigger problems than who someone loves. Obviously there are lots of ways to interpret the Bible or otherwise all Christians would be Catholic.

Some straight people think marriage is religious and sacred and some don't. Some gay people think marriage is religious and sacred and some don't.

42. Re: homophobes Jul 14, 2004, 18:14 jccalhoun

What says a marriage between two gay people can't be sacred?

Regardless, the debate is not about changing your religious beliefs. There are several churches in which two gay people can marry each other today if they so desire. The debate is about the legal definition of marriage. The Catholic church doesn't have to recognize divorce just because it is legal. Similarly, even if gay marriage is made legal, it doesn't mean that any religious institution has to agree with it.

And just for the record, the list of Republicans who are hypocrits because they have been divorced? While I entirely agree with the sentiment, McCain voted against the ammendment, so he is not a hypocrit in this instance.

90 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo