Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Graphics!
Jul 19, 2006, 22:25
Graphics! Jul 19, 2006, 22:25
Jul 19, 2006, 22:25

I just wanted to follow up and say that if we all can agree on only one thing, it should be that the graphics look really awesome. Some people may not like the look and feel of the graphics, maybe because some years ago cell-shaded (though I would argue this is not really cell shaded) was overdone and used as a gimmick. In the case of TF2, the graphics seem to be a great fit. The best part is that they are very very impressive! The footage shown in this teaser looks (almost) good enough to be a Pixar/Dreamworks CG animated film! Valve has really pushed the envelope graphics and performance-wise with their Source engine. The fact that games like DoD:S, CS:S and HL2 with astonishingly good graphics run so great on a mid and even low range PC is to be applauded. Lots of developers can make an engine look great, but how many can make their engine run so well and be so versatile?

I also love the amazing features they add graphics wise. Just over a year ago HDR was considered unpheasible with current to near-future tech but Valve has pulled it off along with real-time color correct, and now apparently (though I have to reserve final judgement for when its released) motion blur, depth of field and similar advances.

Color me a fanboy I guess but I just think that if nothing else the technical advances Valve are doing is worthy of recognition.

Re: Wow
Jul 19, 2006, 15:31
Re: Wow Jul 19, 2006, 15:31
Jul 19, 2006, 15:31

Dreagon, I disagree wholeheartedly. That movie made me so nostaligic for some good old fashioned team fortress! For those of us who actually played the origional, this iteration of TF2 is far more faithful to the style that we loved: over the top, crazy, silly, funny teamplay action.

I cant wait to play with pipebombs again

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older