Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24347 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2016, 23:17 Cutter

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 21:48:
If you needed any more reasons to stop buying any EA products, here is another. FU EA.

This is about corporate sensibilities. EA is obviously a company that supports Trump and people like him - e.g. Hillary as well. They simply don't want the appearance of such. Politics for large corporations is done behind the scenes in contributions to Super PACs and the like. When it comes to PR you want to avoid religion and politics like the plague.

"Hey! Nobody calls Moe St. Cool a phony!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2016, 19:58 Cutter

Wow, is that ever a nice ROI, eh?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 4, 2016, 19:45 Cutter

"Top of the line! Spared no expense!"

10 points to anyone who can reference that quote without looking it up.

News Comments > Starbound Launch Nears
3. Re: Starbound Launch Nears Apr 4, 2016, 19:40 Cutter

rudra wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 19:18:
yeh its definitely come a long way and changed a lot since they started.. current game is really good, the basic combat/movement mechanics are like 1000x better

took way too fucking long IMO, but at least they finally got there.. and also they delivered on many of the initial promises too

Yeah, I gave up on this thing almost 2 years ago. Another prime example of why not to buy into EA games. Well I guess I'll check it out when it's finished...whenever that is.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 16:56 Cutter

Nucas wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:41:
i recall that he's brought up before he's some kind of software developer who doesn't make much more than this and resents that the underclasses are now on equal footing with him since their jobs "don't warrant a living wage", unlike his.

That's the POV of every selfish prick. 'I deserve XYZ but fuck everyone else, let them starve!' And they're too stupid to comprehend that the race to the bottom hurts everyone in the long run. They're a perfect example of why eugenics needs to be legal.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 16:53 Cutter

sauron wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 11:25:
The Panama papers are all over the news today in the UK - the BBC and The Guardian. I guess that'll hit the US over the next few days.

It's going to be really interesting to see who really owns what and how much tax the wealthy have been avoiding. Icaland's PM and the UK PM already implicated, in addition to the usual suspects (Assad, Putin, Ghadaffi, etc).

Yeah, and as usual there will be a lot of grumbling and brouhaha about it for a couple of weeks, nothing will change, and then we'll be on to the next thing. The only reason its news is because media has to make a living somehow. The vast majority of people out there don't know, don't wanna' know, and don't care.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2016, 14:06 Cutter

Watch out for the "eco-terrorists" spiking trees!

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
36. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 23:10 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 21:38:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 13:21:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 12:59:
I must have missed something, can't "always on" be blocked like any other in a Firewall or Zone Alarm equivalent?

I doubt it. I'd wager you have to connect to their servers in order to use it. Otherwise they'd just have an opt-out. Yet, in most sane countries with decent consumer protection laws this would never be permitted. At best it would be something you actually have to actively opt-in for.

You might be correct, but I'm not sure are you saying the only way to use them while playing a game will require you to be online? So this will render Steam Offline play or any other offline game, unplayable and obsolete?

If they're not tracking directly I'd presume they have some sort of software for measuring metrics in game and uploading the data afterward. Tracking for both performance related info as well as marketing. Were your eyes looking at that Ford Mustang in NFS a little longer than the other cars? Well the good people at Ford would love to know about that. etc.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2016, 17:49 Cutter

It's just starting to dump here now. Wow, 15-20CM tonight. Are you effing kidding me?

27. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 17:48 Cutter

theglaze wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 16:06:
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Tesla just launched their market penetrating Model 3, and look at the agreement they have, or take a look at Fitbit which loads of people use. Every technology focused industry plays this game.

This is capitalism in 2016. Take solace in knowing you are one of hundreds of millions of users, and the businesses don't actually care about you specifically.

Sure data robbery by pimple faced hackers or digital criminals is always possible, and they may specifically hurt you, but your more likely to get mugged on the street or tricked/exploited by a shady business you deal with in person.

There's no story here, just fear mongering.

Well maybe your privacy means nothing to you but it means a lot to some of us. I don't object entirely to datamining, just ask permission first. It shouldn't be a right - and again, it's not in many other countries. Hell, pay people. Everyone know they're doing it for money, a lot more people would willing if they were seeing a piece of the pie. Regardless I don't want to live in a world that's just one big shitty marketing firm tracking everything I say and do just to sell me shit I don't want or need.

17. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 13:21 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 12:59:
I must have missed something, can't "always on" be blocked like any other in a Firewall or Zone Alarm equivalent?

I doubt it. I'd wager you have to connect to their servers in order to use it. Otherwise they'd just have an opt-out. Yet, in most sane countries with decent consumer protection laws this would never be permitted. At best it would be something you actually have to actively opt-in for.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2016, 13:11 Cutter

Yeah, holy crap man. From now until the 15th it's 0-5ish degrees with snow/rain. Ugh. Come on sun and heat already!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 3, 2016, 13:02 Cutter

Welcome to the police state of Screw the People, Kill the People, and Fuck the People.

14. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 12:25 Cutter

Stormsinger wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 11:48:
And there's the other shoe we've been waiting for since Facebook bought the Rift. This is why we can't have nice things.

Heh, well several of us called this as soon as Oculus was acquired by Facebook. I don't see how anyone couldn't have seen this coming - particularly with Facebook is involved. I can't imagine it'll be that different with any of the other companies at this point. Yeah, much like Win 10, thanks, but no thanks.

News Comments > Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays
7. Re: Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays Apr 2, 2016, 22:59 Cutter

Unreal how they dropped the ball on this. It does not inspire confidence. How hard is it to communicate with your customers? 'Our apologies but our ship date has been pushed back due to unforeseen problems with XYZ. We'll notify you the moment we know more.'

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2016, 20:02 Cutter

I sincerely doubt that an alien race who's mastered the technology of FTL travel would have a problem finding us or any other class M planet. They probably just send out a pile of solar system hopping probes to whiz through a system hopping from planet to planet via warp speed. It would all be very fast and entirely automated. I imagine the equivalent of the Borg will show up one day and say 'See ya! Wouldn't wanna' be ya'!'

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 2, 2016, 19:54 Cutter

It's pro-business and anti-consumer. That's what the MPAA is, so no surprises here.

News Comments > Fool Me Twice 2016
1. Re: Fool Me Twice, 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 21:28 Cutter

Star Shitizen Careers - the only place you pay to go to work. How long before they turn this joke into something for sale do you think? A week? Two?

News Comments > Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for PC Confirmed
3. Re: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for PC Confirmed Apr 1, 2016, 21:05 Cutter

American Dad's Rapture's Delight is still my fave episode.

"Oh, my God! The homeless guy from the bus station is hung....but I knew that." - Roger

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2016, 15:42 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 14:14:
Remember AT&T is both a monopoly and on corporate welfare.

Gotta love our corporatacracy.

That legislation is coming next. You will forcibly be required to love the coporatocracy. If you do not, you will be interred at a "re-education" camp until you do.

24347 Comments. 1218 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo