Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27824 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 16:14 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 15:43:
Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 13:23:
I worked lighting for the Hip's first CD release party at the Diamond Club in Toronto back in the day. Didn't think they were going to go anywhere, which shows that talent scout or band manager was certainly not in my future as a career. I still don't care for most of their music but Downie was a good guy and I'm sure there are a lot of sad people out there today.

Already had this conversation about your taste in music Cutter (or lack of).

Did I ever mention I worked with Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo as well? Saw them back before they broke out and didn't think they were going anywhere either.

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2017, 13:27 Cutter

They won't blanket my home. I go out of my way to look for dumb tech. I'll go mountain man if I have to.

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 13:23 Cutter

I worked lighting for the Hip's first CD release party at the Diamond Club in Toronto back in the day. Didn't think they were going to go anywhere, which shows that talent scout or band manager was certainly not in my future as a career. I still don't care for most of their music but Downie was a good guy and I'm sure there are a lot of sad people out there today.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
13. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 18, 2017, 13:13 Cutter

A) Why the hell would a game like that cost that much?
B) How much did the game actually cost to develop and how much of that 60 mil was marketing? I'm wagering that 2/3's of it was likely marketing.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
20. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 13:11 Cutter

Blizzard has always employed psychologists and utilized in them their game designs to encourage carrot-on-a-stick style gameplay. Diablo and WoW in particular have almost always been solely about grinding to get the next better item or set or virtual achievement. Some suit just figured out 'Hey, why not monetize this?'.

I don't have that sort of addictive personality which is why their games never last beyond just playing through the content once or twice at most then I'm done with the game. I went back to WoW for 2 months several months back just to see how things had changed with the expansions and what not and the grind is just stupidly bad now. It's an obvious precursor to all of this, 'Hey don't want to grind like hell to unlock flying mounts? Just pay us 20 bucks instead.' 'Can't find XYZ item to complete your set? Just pay us 5 bucks and there you go.' Yeah, I'm so done with that style of gaming thanks.

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
8. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 17, 2017, 21:52 Cutter

Why is this rocket surgery? Just make a game like Witcher 3 set in the SW universe where you're a Jedi traveling around doing Jedi shit.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 17:00 Cutter

Shithawks, are coming, Bubbles.

I wasn't a particular fan of that show but Dunsworth was an excellent actor.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 17, 2017, 15:14 Cutter

I like that there's little gunplay and their reasons for it. I don't like that their sanity system only goes down. It should start level than go up or down as you progress. Looking great though. Looking forward to The Sinking City as well.

News Comments > ELEX Released
11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 17, 2017, 14:54 Cutter

Kajetan wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:45:
Quinn wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:22:
Risen 3 is one of my favorite games of all times.
Your standards are low, VERY low.

On the other hand, Gothic is still one of the best CRPGs ever made.

News Comments > ELEX Released
7. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 13:18 Cutter

Wow, did that trailer ever turn me off from buying the game. And that's why you don't hire marketing people who aren't gamers. Whoever thought that music was a good idea needs to be fired.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 02:36 Cutter

bigspender wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 19:52:
Cops in Dubai Are Getting Real, Very Dangerous Looking Hoverbikes.

That's great, now when someone is raped, they'll be able to catch and lock up the VICTIM even faster.

Seriously though, those things look insanely dangerous more than anything. Is there some particular reason they don't come with prop guards at least?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2017, 02:34 Cutter

Racial exploitation? Like Affirmative Action? Is that what they mean?

News Comments > ELEX Launch Trailer
1. Re: ELEX Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 02:30 Cutter

Here's hoping it's good, or at least decent.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Launch Trailer
3. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 02:30 Cutter

I enjoyed the hell out of SoT and I will with this one too, but I'll be waiting for until it hits the $20 or less mark first.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer
1. Re: Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 02:28 Cutter

Yeah, yeah, whatever, see ya in the bargain bin.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 19:33 Cutter

Blue wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:24:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:13:
Sucks for Rodgers coming from what is apparently a 'legal' late hit. I understand they don't want to discourage defenders from pursuing the QB, but I see that kind of hit a lot, and I know it's meant to intimidate QB's and physically shake them.

I dunno, I didn't like that at all. It seemed there was a clear beat after the ball left his hand, and the defender definitely made an effort to fall on Rodgers with his full weight. I've seen flags dropped on far cleaner hits than that. I'd be beside myself if I was a Packers fan.

Yeah, there goes the Packers season, sigh. I imagine it's hot in Wisconsin atm.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 19:19 Cutter

Oh absolutely it's gambling. It's a virtual form of roulette. You might win something really good but more often than not you're guaranteed the booby prize. It should legally be treated as gambling restricting it to adults and heavily taxed with proceeds going to charities just like lotteries.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
12. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 19:12 Cutter

Witcher 3 gets my vote as best CRPG of all time..so far.

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
33. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 14:07 Cutter

Blue doesn't make the news, he just reports it. And if nothing else, SC is generally entertaining.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 22:40 Cutter

I don't subscribe to any particular form of "diet", paleo, Atkins, high carb, low carb, no dairy, et al. it's all jive to me. As it pertains to dairy it's actually beneficial - and necessary - to those of Indo-European descent, that is to say anyone who didn't evolve along the sunbelt. That's because our ancestors were covered up most of the year and had long, hard winters where you were pretty much indoors most of the time. Dairy was the major source of protein - we didn't eat a lot of meat - and vitamin D in particular. It was easy to convert into cheese and butter. So there are strong arguments for it.

However I do agree that the lion share of out diet should be plant based with fruits and grains/nuts/seeds. That's how we evolved for the most part. Genetics makes all the difference however. What may cause inflammation for you might be beneficial for someone else. You need to experiment and see what works. For me I'm super sensitive to sodium so I'm all about DASH.

This is a really good cookbook - Meals That Heal Inflammation with a ton of good info.

27824 Comments. 1392 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo