Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25987 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 15, 2016, 16:01 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 15:19:
Oh, the liberal tears over Crooked Hillary's loss can be used to add a moat to President Trump's Mexico wall. Hahaha!

Yeah, and the idiot cons tears for those who voted him will be even sweeter when you realize him and his pals F'd you in the A even worse than crooked Hillary and pals would have. At least with the Dems you get a bit of lube.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2016, 15:59 Cutter

Yeah, that quote about the FBI/DOJ laying the anti-trust smack down is laughable at best.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 11:18 Cutter

Huh, that was weird about the dial tone. We used to get that where we lived.

News Comments > Torment in February
7. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 23:59 Cutter

I need you to pin me down just for one frozen moment. I need someone to pin me down so I can live in torment....

News Comments > The Division Free Weekend
2. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 20:54 Cutter

I'll give it a whirl to see what's what since beeta.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:59 Cutter

mellis wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:10:
Dacote wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:06:
Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 10:44:
That's called marketing, not the Force. It looks like a Disnified PC crap to me.
Look kids, this is what happens to children when they were weened prematurely. Either that or it's an adult with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Except he's right. If it didn't have 'Star Wars' in-front of the title, people would see it as the shovel-ware it really is.

Ironically, the very best representation of Star Wars since Episodes 4,5 and 6 comes from EA in the form of their Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG CGI trailers.

Stop feeding that fucking loser. All he is is a troll. Blue, ban that piece of shit already.

News Comments > Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame
10. Re: Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame Dec 14, 2016, 17:56 Cutter

Wraith wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 15:15:
MT Silver wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 13:07:
Never heard of him. Does that make me a boor?
This is a political award based upon connections rather than merit. Todd Howard is responsible for Bethesda's anti-consumer "you don't need no reviews" policy and has spent years taking credit for the actual work done by other people on Oblivion, Skyrim and the Fallout 3/4 games.

It's been years since he did any actual work and - like John Romero - his contribution is greatly exaggerated.

Yeah, but that's the nature of awards in general. It's 'Well if someone else isn't going to pat us on the back and recognize how awesome we are we'll just do it ourselves.' At least it's not as bad actors and musicians. 50 million different award shows for them every year all over the world. You're already rich and famous, how much of s vain douche can you be?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 13:20 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:53:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:28:
I read it and it lines up with what I have suspected all along that we, the US, is on the losing side of the "cyberwar".

Our politicians are too clueless to understand the breadth of the problem, and too willing to use the results for political leverage. Honestly they didn't even need the details, just putting forth a vague implication that wrong doing had occurred based on out of context statements. What was actually the worst thing in those emails? Probably Donna Brazile leaking a debate question to Hillary's aide and that was the least focused on aspect.

Exactly if this was going the other way the GOP would be screaming bloody murder for the next 4 years. Ultimately it really doesn't matter than Giant Douche beat Turd Sandwich because they're two sides of the same corporate coin.

News Comments > Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame
2. Re: Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame Dec 14, 2016, 13:16 Cutter

MT Silver wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 13:07:
Never heard of him. Does that make me a boor?

No, just unfamiliar with games from Bethsoft.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 10:44 Cutter

That's called marketing, not the Force. It looks like a Disnified PC crap to me.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2016, 10:40 Cutter

Oh for god sake, if you don't understand why she lost by now you never will. The rationalizations are simply pathetic and show how far out of touch some people are.

Maybe Hil didn't win because she forgot to make the appropriate animal sacrifices to Apollo, yeah, that's definitely it!
Rolleyes

News Comments > Rocksmith Unplugged
3. Re: Rocksmith Unplugged Dec 14, 2016, 01:43 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 23:56:
Guns and Roses and big hair... maybe Slash... but still...

They were on the tail end of that. Not Motley Crue or Poison or anything but they deffo had some glam and big hair going on starting out. Just go google some GnR images.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 13, 2016, 22:19 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 18:23:
descender wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 15:29:
Obama directly cost me my job

Here is another perfect place where actual facts help. The Budget Control act that actually cut Lockheed's funding was a bipartisan effort in congress. Congress couldn't reach a budget agreement and it triggered automatic spending cuts, which is why Lockheed cut 10,000 jobs. You can blame the GOP congressmen that fought to put that automatic trigger in the bill, you can blame the GOP congressmen that failed at their jobs and shut down the government forcing the sequester and spending cuts... but you can't blame Obama. He had very little to do with it.

Wrong. That program was cut due to Obama having Defense Secretary Gates review the program and then deciding it was not worth the money. The other cuts came later. Senator McCain suggested to Obama that it might not be worth it, but in the end Obama made that decision. Which is why it's even funnier that a project even more ridiculously in the red like the X-35 is allowed to continue, especially since Lockheed originally proposed outfitting our existing planes with better electronics instead. (Which is what we were doing to the existing fleet of AH-64 helicopters.)

The US MIC are the biggest thieves on the planet, robbing the American taxpayers of several hundred billion dollars a year and you're blaming that on Obama? Are you fucking kidding me? So basically you were a sponge hoovering up taxpayer's money on useless shit and you're mad that someone finally pulled the plug on that? Jesus, go get a real fucking job and then talk to us.

News Comments > Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year
6. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 13, 2016, 22:15 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 18:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 16:24:
grudgebearer wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:37:
Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:
Sounds interesting enough but it's a mistake forcing the player into a role. That's the entire point of an RPG, let the player decide what role he'll play. I certainly don't want to be "the one" and have no desire to "save humanity". I'd much rather go the other way.

Not sure how I missed the Kickstarter for this...

Meh, in most RPGs you are "the one" in some way. Skyrim, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Wasteland II. If it's story-driven at all that's pretty much a given.

Yeah, but that's what rocks about Fallout. You're under zero obligation to help anyone. You can be the biggest penis in the Wasteland if that's what you want to do. You can be a douche in Skyrim too - or at least pick sides. I don't like RPGs where I'm put into a pre-defined role. That's just an adventure game, not a RPG, IMO.

Witcher series... you are Geralt, and no one else. Devil's Advocate argument: are those not RPGs, arguably great RPGs?

That said, based on the description, this sounds way less rpg and more Tactical Squad based Combat game, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm, X-Com, XCOM, etc. are all awesome.

Geralt can go several different ways as well. He's also not the chosen one or trying to save the world by any stretch. The last 3 you mentioned are tactical games.

20. removed Dec 13, 2016, 22:13 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 14, 2016, 16:37.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 13, 2016, 22:04 Cutter

Cool beans. What's needed ASAP is software to prevent tailgating. It's my largest peeve, and the cause of almost all accidents, and it's completely unnecessary. It doesn't even have to override the driver, just rat them out to the cops and insurance companies. They'll learn PDQ not to do it anymore.

News Comments > Rocksmith Unplugged
1. Re: Rocksmith Unplugged Dec 13, 2016, 21:59 Cutter

Where's the big hair rock acoustic? To Be With You, Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Patience, et al.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 16:30 Cutter

Retired wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 15:55:
I make a bean version, just more hearty and lasts longer.

My wife makes a killer salsa that can be easily altered.

Making rooster beaks is about as easy as it gets man. I'll never understand when people talk about how they make a killer whatever when it's a simple dish to begin with. Make a killer beef Wellington and I'll be impressed. Every pub everywhere you go always has "killer" wings. Really? How fucking hard is it to cook chicken wings?

News Comments > Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year
4. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 13, 2016, 16:24 Cutter

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:37:
Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:
Sounds interesting enough but it's a mistake forcing the player into a role. That's the entire point of an RPG, let the player decide what role he'll play. I certainly don't want to be "the one" and have no desire to "save humanity". I'd much rather go the other way.

Not sure how I missed the Kickstarter for this...

Meh, in most RPGs you are "the one" in some way. Skyrim, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Wasteland II. If it's story-driven at all that's pretty much a given.

Yeah, but that's what rocks about Fallout. You're under zero obligation to help anyone. You can be the biggest penis in the Wasteland if that's what you want to do. You can be a douche in Skyrim too - or at least pick sides. I don't like RPGs where I'm put into a pre-defined role. That's just an adventure game, not a RPG, IMO.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 11:32 Cutter

Blue, ignore the naysayers. Chili with beans and tomatoes are is far healthier anyway. It's like the Isley Brothers said, "it's your thing, do what you want to do, I can't tell you who to sock it to."

25987 Comments. 1300 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo