Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25828 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 12:43 Cutter

Anyone have any thoughts on a GTX 1060. I'm tossing up either Asus or MSI at this point. Any other brand recs - excepting Sapphire and Gigabyte as my experiences with them have been bad? I've seen some good reviews for some other brands like HIS, Zotac, PNY, but don't know anything about them.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 10:39 Cutter

Yeah, I hope it's a thing. I'm returning my Gigabyte RX 480 as A) it's defective B) it's garbage. The thing runs at 80c under load! And Gigabyte support? Mon-Fri 9-5. Seriously? For a global multi-national company where people the world over will obviously need immediate support on their products and they're too cheap to provide it? Never bought Gigabyte before, never will again.

So after spending the weekend doing a hell of a lot more research I'm either looking at grabbing an MSI or Asus board instead, or switching gears and going with a 6G Nvidia 1060 - either EVGA, MSI, or ASUS.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2016, 14:52 Cutter

Yeah, the upgrade option expired. Besides most mods will never be ported over including SkyUI so there's not a whole lot of point in grabbing it.

SkyUI not in the works for Skyrim SE

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 27, 2016, 12:28 Cutter

So what? When has politics ever been anything but a dirty affair? I don't see Corey bitching about how mainstream media fucked over Bernie and raked Trump over the coals every chance they got. Pot meet kettle.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 12:23 Cutter

I remember Barney Miller as a kid, great show.

And I love what Malcolm's son did there. Most punk statement ever!

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
21. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 21:06 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 18:35:
Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:56:
I never really get the "too little too late" comments that get thrown around whenever a dev tries to update a game that wasn't what it should have been at launch. If you paid $60 for the game, isn't developer support post launch a good thing?

It's the PR Fluff piece that totally ignores that the game launched without explicit features.
But you don't sit there and try to polish yourself up by saying 'we spent 5 years developing a game, 6 weeks updating a broken game (even after changing the release date multiple times), 7 patches, and THEN have the balls to talk about adding crap to a game instead of offering what was original promised.
Not to mention this is the 1st response from Hello Games beyond patch notes since the games launch.

Had they been upfront and honest about features, reduced the price of the game, and not had a communication blackout, things (pretty sure) would be different from a consumer standpoint. But as it stands, Hello Games can go fuck themselves.

With a big floppy penis!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 12:37 Cutter

"Lt. Scott Shaw of the Reno Police Department told KOLO that shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday, two drivers got into an argument apparently over a parking spot. According to Fox 6, both parties involved in the argument were armed and a 33-year-old man was shot dead at the scene."

And the GOP says gun control is a bad thing. I suppose it isn't...from the point of view of a social Darwinist.

Farm Simulator 17 obviously needs an Ant Farm DLC, right Ant?!

That honest trailer was weak sauce.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2016, 12:21 Cutter

If the fix is in a recount won't matter. It was like the Warren Commission claiming Oswald acted alone.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
3. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 12:17 Cutter

So let me guess the things to come will cost money, right? All those things that they said you could do in the base game will actually cost you is what I'm wagering on. I still don't forsee it making a difference. What's the point of having a huge universe if you're just on one planet doing a survival sim there?

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
18. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 25, 2016, 22:27 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 22:07:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 21:23:
On a more common sense approach, the GOP is always complaining about voter fraud and the need for voter id laws. Yet somehow, they have a majority in the House, in the Senate, something like 30 of the state legislatures and just won the Presidency. What percentage of the representation do you think would be GOP if it wasn't for all this cheating? 90%? It doesn't even pass the smell test.
Interestingly Dems got more votes for House, more for Senate, and more for POTUS. Yet they control none.

And yet if the situation were reversed they'd be screaming 'Bloody Murder!'. We wouldn't hear the end of it. And of course they had no problem with it in Florida with Bush and Gore.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2016, 18:28 Cutter

What's aggravating is where the base game is on sale but not the DLC...yet. I want to pick up Season of Infamy for Arkham Knight but it's not on sale even though the base game is. Same with FO4, some DLC is on sale but not the season pass, grr.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2016, 13:00 Cutter

Well it's about 4 years since I last upgraded my card - ASUS 3GB 7980 - but it's been on it's last legs for a little while now so for Xmas today I treated myself to a new Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming 8G. It was $40 off for Black Friday at Canada Computers and there's one just down the street from me so I popped over and they weren't even busy so yay me. I'm effing amped to get this installed and fire it up so I'll catch y'all on the flipside!

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot it comes bundled with Civ 6 so that saves me $80 clams right there...schwing!

News Comments > 30 Days of Ubisoft Giveaways
1. Re: 30 Days of Ubisoft Giveaways Nov 25, 2016, 12:56 Cutter

Yeah some deal, buy one game at full retail and get the other one "free", even though buying most games on sale together works out to be cheaper - by 5 bucks - anyway. Rolleyes

And these things are still way cheaper on key reselling sites.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
8. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 24, 2016, 18:58 Cutter

I was going to ask how that motherfucker isn't being busted because surely some of what he's doing must be outright illegal, than I remembered Faux News does that all day every day too and they're still around.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 14:27 Cutter

I miss WKRP, loved that show as a kid.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
18. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 10:26 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 09:49:
My biggest gripe is indie games that are priced $20 that go on sale for $10-$15. These games would have been $1-$3 in past sales (talking about years and years ago). Now the only games in that price range are unfinished or completely junk games that aren't even worth a dollar.

As always value is relative but I don't disagree. Point in fact, I feel that way about most games triple A or otherwise. I don't feel the vast majority of games are remotely worth what they're asking us to pay for. Most games have always been drastically overpriced IMO, which is why I have zero problem either waiting a couple of years for them to come down to a reasonable price or just not bothering with at all. The only ones devs/pubs hurt with high prices are themselves. And this is especially true of those of us who live in countries like Canada and Aus where they expect us to pay more because our dollar is worth less yet have zero problem giving other countries like Russia, China, et al. a break. Fuck...that...noise.

As for Steam and most other sales they've been pretty meh for years now. I don't even get remotely excited for them anymore.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 20:50 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:35:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:43:
As always there's never been any shortage of skilled workers, just greedy employers who don't want to pay people decently for their work.

You don't know what you're talking about. As someone who's done some hiring in the tech industry, I can absolutely tell you there is a shortage of skilled workers. I've spent months interviewing people from all over the country for some positions. Or do you think $150K/year salary isn't decent pay?

The real problem is the abuse of the H-1B visa program by companies taking advantage of poor oversight and enforcement.

You're full of shit. You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. These corps advertise because they're required to by law before they hire a foreigner. They make the requirements impossibly high, and interview just enough various people to ward off any claims of ageism/sexism/racism, and then they get their HB1s. I got out of tech because I saw that's where it was headed and more and more people - domestically - are doing the same because they see the writing on the wall. Just google "workers forced to train foreign replacements" and there is no end to the stories of it happening today. So yeah, Trump doing this is a good thing. Force employers to hire at home or they can fuck off and leave the country. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 12:24 Cutter

So what are you yanks going to do tomorrow? Drink beer? Eat turkey? Watch football? Shoot off guns? Chant USA! USA! USA? In that order?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 12:00 Cutter

What makes you think Putin won't do it now that his pal Don is in charge? I'm sure if he asks nicely the Rooskies will do just that. If I was Snow I'd be looking to head to Argentina or something PDQ!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 11:43 Cutter

Brain drain? More like put Americans back to work. This was a big part of why Trump won. We see no shortage of articles in the news where US workers are being canned and have to train their replacements in the process. As always there's never been any shortage of skilled workers, just greedy employers who don't want to pay people decently for their work.

25828 Comments. 1292 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo