Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27348 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 12:13 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 23:38:
Cutter, I suggest you petition your local government to eliminate their police force. Clearly you don't need them...

That's right, we don't. At least I don't. Maybe you're all too weak, stupid, and cowardly you NEED police but most of the world has got along just fine without them for its entire history and that includes most of the world today. They're the single biggest cost to any city and provide the least ROI.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 12:09 Cutter

HiQ scrapes data about thousands of employees from public LinkedIn profiles, then packages the data for sale to employers worried about their employees quitting.

And there's the problem with bad employers right there. Instead of wasting money on that sort of nonsense pay/treat your employees better and you won't have to worry about them quitting. It's not exactly rocket science.

As for this case LinkedIn has the right of it. It's their house and their rules. If they bar you that's it. It's like being banned from a store and forcing your way back in. That's criminal trespass if not breaking and entering right there.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2017, 12:01 Cutter

That looks pretty funny.

News Comments > Civilization VI Summer Patch
1. Re: Civilization VI Summer Patch Jul 31, 2017, 12:00 Cutter

Is this the patch that makes it at least decent? Enh mebbe I'll give it another try now.

News Comments > ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed
4. Re: ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 11:58 Cutter

Is this game in a playable state yet? This game alone is the reason to avoid EA games.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
2. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Jul 31, 2017, 11:55 Cutter

Yeah, they crucify this on Steam. And a demo on a site you have to sign up for? Um no. Besides that trailer did nothing to inspire any desire for this. Sounds like what most of the complaints are, which is these guys are simply cashing in on the name.

9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2017, 21:34 Cutter

How on earth is it a noble job, or even necessary? Give me weapons and the authority to use them and what the hell do I need a cop for? To show up after the fact and take notes. National crime clearance rates are in the 30%-40% range meaning that more criminals get away with crimes than get caught. And then what? Toss them into prison to become even better more violent criminals. Yeah, great system. Really noble.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2017, 15:46 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 14:21:
It would be good if a reasonable minimum seat distance could be set via regulation. If the airlines had their way, this is how we'd all be packed in.

I woulda went with the sardine analogy. For all the time and hassle it takes to fly anywhere domestically you're really better off driving or taking the train.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2017, 14:18 Cutter

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., on Friday ordered aviation regulators to consider setting minimum standards for the space airlines give passengers.

Really? That's it? Not set an actual standard, simply consider one? Well gee that's a big help isn't it? Rolleyes

So an article about a new blue flower and not one single picture? Rolleyes

Helf, you get your Vive yet?

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2017, 14:13 Cutter

Exactly. Cops shouldn't have any control over cams. And they should always be on. Gotta take a piss? Ok then you're allowed to put it in a shirt pocket for a minute or two but it has to come right back out when you're done. Not only that but the data should be uploaded to a civilian oversight board. Cops should have zero access to the data. And lastly, start firing and jailing these fuckers. Set an example! Framing people for crimes they didn't commit isn't a fucking job perk. It's as serious as it gets. Then maybe that'll start weeding out the psycho/sociopath mouthbreathers that there are way too many of as cops. Don't like it, fuckoff and go do something else like every other human being who doesn't like their job. You're owed nothing.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2017, 21:53 Cutter

I love the stick bug. He's thinking to himself, 'Holy shit! Do not move. Dude! Don't fucking move! Don't even breathe!' It reminded me of the scene in Escape From New York when the crazes come up out of the sewers looking for food.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jul 29, 2017, 16:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2017, 15:58:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2017, 15:10:
Yeah, CR is a legend all right, for all the wrong reasons.

Do his current antics invalidate the absolutely awesome games he made in the 90s?

Also, Nolan who?

Heh, hosted by Johnny Wilson. Now there's a legend.

What awesome games did he make?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 29, 2017, 15:10 Cutter

Yeah, CR is a legend all right, for all the wrong reasons.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2017, 15:04 Cutter

So get a pacemaker and agree to be spied upon or die? That's some choice. And given how unsecure data is and how easily it can be manipulated that would easily be a way to set him up for a crime he didn't commit. Just alter the data as it appeared in this case and presto, instant guilt achieved.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
14. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 29, 2017, 14:50 Cutter

Yet another in the never ending list of reasons to avoid EA games. And another perfect example of why not to play games that aren't player hosted and run. In my CS days I only played on team servers that I knew were constantly moderated. From what others have said this sounds like nothing more than bullshit to protect their revenue stream. That's not a company worth supporting.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Jul 28, 2017, 20:00 Cutter

Poor Tolkein must be spinning in his grave right about now, 'What in god's name are they doing to my work?!'  

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
1. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 28, 2017, 19:57 Cutter

It sure as hell hasn't changed how I think about ownership, and that is is if I pay for it I should own it. And with the Repubes killing NN who the hell is going to want to do any streaming when mega-conglomerates like AT&T are going to charge people a fortune for access because there's no competition. In a world with universal access to dirt cheap gigabit access what they're talking about would work but we don't live in that world.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2017, 19:44 Cutter

1000s have been freed after being wrongly convicted. Some Innocents have even been executed. The death penalty prevents righting those wrongs.

Also life in prison is cheaper than executing a prisoner.

Lastly prison should be for rehabilitation. Can't rehab a dead person.

1000's of people on death row? I think not. The only reason it's cheaper is because of the amount of bullshit involved. China has it right with most executions carried out immediately. How you rehabilitate a child molester or mass murderer? Did you see the article below that one? Another prisoner was executed. He raped and murdered a 3 year old girl. According to you he should just sit around in prison watching TV and causing more crime and problems for society, right?

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2017, 16:51 Cutter

Simon Says wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 15:53:
Right, who needs justice? Let's just revert to letting citizens be judge, jury and executioner.

The death penalty for murderers is just. More than just in fact considering how heinous many of those crimes are. Yeah, let's just let them sit around for decades being a drain on society for no good reason. Rolleyes

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
16. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 16:49 Cutter

necrosis wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 16:17:
Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 14:06:
Rec specs are a bit of a pigfucker aren't they considering they'll run just fine on crappy ol' consoles. Sounds like it's going to be an unoptimized POS. And if it doesn't run on Win 7 they may as well not even bother.
Why should they support a dead OS?

Yeah, why go after 95% of the market, right?

27348 Comments. 1368 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo