Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28220 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. removed Dec 16, 2017, 16:56 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 17, 2017, 07:38.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2017, 16:50 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:14:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 11:58:
Hey Cutter,
Did you check out the Volvo XC40?
Uh, when someone brags about their 15 year old smartphone and whines about game prices while using grey market sites,
Do You Really think he's going to jump from the 22k range to the $36,000's.

Stingy doesn't necessarily mean not wealthy.

Put that fucking moron on ignore already. My first car was a Volvo so I'll always have a soft spot for them. I've considered buying a new one off an on for a few years now, and while I can afford one, there are literally a thousand other things I can spend the difference in price on - boat (and I have been seriously considering getting a new sailboat once again for several years now), travel, etc. I just need a practical vehicle. I'm way past the stupidity of being young and stupid - morons like Redeye - who have zero responsibilities and debts and equate a vehicle with penis size and think it'll help them actually meet females of the species - which of course nothing can ever help those sorts of losers.

It's going to be the Sportwagen or Crosstrek at this point. In fact I've spend most of the day doing my homework on the Sportwagen and I'm kinda' thinking that's where I'm headed. It just seems to be a better all around vehicle for similar money. And the Crosstrek seems to be more for sporty people who do actual offroad stuff, which I don't. And with similarly equipped models the Sportwagen actually comes in for 3k-4k less. I know that's peanuts for pretend "internet millionaires" like Redeye, but for those of us who are actual adults who reside in what the rest of us like to call "reality" that's a substantial difference. The VW build I want is about 28k and the Crosstrek build 32k. That Volvo is several thousand more here at base and I'd be interested in the V60 which with all the bells and whistles I'd want would be 50k easy. No thanks.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
16. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 16, 2017, 16:38 Cutter

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 11:47:
I wonder if this game will have any sort of post-launch DLC that they charge money for. Call me a literalist, but if you charge $14.99 for content not included in the original vanilla game... that's a fucking microtransaction.

Horse armor is a microtransaction. An expansion/DLC that adds new content in the form of more game that can be played - new story, quests, etc. - is an entirely different beast.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2017, 10:55 Cutter

Jap monkies are freaks! Probably from reading all that freaky anime!

And just wow on that mercury report. Fucking wow! Yeah, I'm thinking they need to find an alternative and make that a banned substance. That's just fucking crazy!

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 16, 2017, 10:48 Cutter

However, Moskowitz maintains most state and federal health agencies have not kept up with the research. “The preponderance of the research indicates that cell phone radiation poses a major risk to health,” he said in a statement.

Good. That'll mean less zombies walking around with their faces buried in their phones causing problems for normal people.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 16, 2017, 10:46 Cutter

Those old fucks so need to die and go away. That can't happen to soon.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 10:39 Cutter

“We hope this is a wake-up call for ISED Minister Navdeep Bains and the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission,” Anderson continued. “It was encouraging to see ISED recognize Canadians’ affordability struggle when it comes to mobile wireless prices […] but more needs to be done. Canadians simply can’t afford to keep paying the price for the lack of mobile competition.”

Ohh that's cute. She says that like somehow they're unaware of it. They're the parties responsible for it. You vote for the parties of the elites/big biz and this is what you get. It only proves just how stupid your average Canadian is because unlike the US there are actually viable choices here besides the Libs and Cons. They're simply too dumb to choose them.

News Comments > PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays
1. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 10:34 Cutter

Replays? But...but...but...that would be stealing IP! Replays were invented back in the 60s, surely they don't want to steal ideas from anyone in the same way that everyone else is apparently stealing an ancient concept from them?!?!?! Oh wait! I see, it's fine when they do it, just not anyone else. Do as I say and not as I do.

People need to seriously boycott these assholes on principle alone.

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
2. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 16, 2017, 10:30 Cutter

Hope Tim is doing something in the vein of Fallout. I'd rather see a new CRPG in some setting other than high fantasy, particularly from him.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
4. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 15, 2017, 17:56 Cutter

ItBurn wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 17:17:
I'll definitely play it, but I fail to see what's different about this game gameplay wise. Looks like just a different coat of paint.

That's how Ubisoft works. You're playing the same game over and over with a different story and setting. It's just if said setting and story appeal to you enough.

I'll grab it at some point later but it's deffo not a day one purchase for me.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 17:51 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 17:28:
Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 14:36:
They didn't offer him $32, they refunded that to him as it was the cost to deliver the cheque.

Yeah, that headline is misleading... a check that vanishes basically means you get another check from the person/business issuing it, and they stop payment on the lost check. What the fuck did they think, that UPS would suddenly shell out 700 grand? Although their negative press did get the bank to issue another check without too much hassle, so it ended well at least.

Re:Star Wars, I'm going to see it on Monday, I may just need to avoid the internet entirely to avoid spoilers.

Actually it was a huge amount of hassle. This went on for 10 months apparently. The biggest mistake they made was not going straight to a lawyer. The bank wouldn't give them the money unless they indemnified the bank AND put their house up as collateral. When seeing as it was UPS' fault to begin with they should have been responsible. And it was the fucking bank that told them to get a draft to begin with. Why the fuck would anyone get a draft these days unless you're sending money to somewhere they don't have a bank? Electronic fund transfers for the win. Hi and welcome to the 21st century. Christ it's like how so many businesses still use fax machines.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
1. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Dec 15, 2017, 17:43 Cutter

Much as I don't care about VR an much as I didn't really care for this game I would actually like to try it out in VR. Walking around 1940s LA in VR would be pretty sweet. LA Confidential or Mullholland Falls come to mind.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 14:42 Cutter

In a speech made to military think-tank the Royal United Services Institute last night, the air marshal said: "There's a new risk to our way of life, which is the vulnerability of cables which criss cross the sea beds. Can you imagine a scenario where those cables are cut or disrupted? Which would immediately and potentially catastrophically affect our economy and other ways of living if they were disrupted."

Hyperbolize much? If your country would completely implode from lack of internet, you're doing it wrong. Gee, why would a military leader say something like this?

A stagnant defence budget, allied to possible inflation-driven cuts to internal spending, mean the Royal Navy is facing decades of severe overstretch.

Ahh there we go. Yes, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!!!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 14:36 Cutter

They didn't offer him $32, they refunded that to him as it was the cost to deliver the cheque.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 15, 2017, 14:25 Cutter

Microtransactions are only suited for publishers and no one else.

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again
6. Re: Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again Dec 15, 2017, 14:23 Cutter

No way I'm in on this unless I can go on an old fashion hippy whomping! Nothing beats beating the crap out of a hippy and denying people due process and their civil rights!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
23. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 14, 2017, 23:01 Cutter

Here's a nice little infogram of what's coming down the pipe for you in short order. This is how it works in Portugal. Enjoy. Might want to order that 55 gallon drum of lube off Amazon because your ass is gonna' need it.

22. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 14, 2017, 22:53 Cutter

NicklePop wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 21:24:
I'm Republican-ish: definitely opposed.

Understand the argument for it though, which is basically "get out of our face government" and allow the free market (which is proven since 1300) to create innovation and wealth for the entire population.

Some thing will rise and kill price gauging by offering a cheaper alternative.

I guess I semi-agree with it LOL

See, this is the problem with you guys. You live in some fantasy world where there's a "free" market that works. There's never been a free market. It always, always, always, ends up with the wealth and power concentrated in the hands of a few. Unless there are regulations - laws/rules - to prevent that. That's just human nature. Laizez-faire capitalism doesn't work any better than communism in practice. Sure, it's great as a theory but that's the only place it's great and it works. Pai and the GOP say nothing will change with the removal of NN, if that's the case why remove the protections in the first place? It shouldn't matter one way or another according to them. When you're getting just raped on your internet very shortly from now please let us know how the "free" market is working out for you. Oh wait, I know, then the GOP will just blame it on the Dems and you guys will just agree with them as per usual because you're incapable of critical thinking.

21. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 14, 2017, 22:45 Cutter

greatgooglymunga wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 20:21:
empty rhetorical critique is rather empty.
>If you had half a brain it'd die of loneliness
as you already know, you're not much for insults.
but please ignore that voice inside your head- keep flailing.

Right, and let us know when you finish grade school an master basic grammar. And another idiot goes on ignore.

News Comments > Take-Two Launches Private Division
6. Re: Take-Two Launches Private Label Dec 14, 2017, 20:18 Cutter

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 19:51:
Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 16:18:
Why not put the offices in places that small indie devs can actually afford to live? But that would make sense.

They're not going after small indie devs. That would be closer to Devolver Digital (who are based in Austin, TX, btw). They're going after people who are a tier above that (look at the list of names in the blurb). The fact it's called "private label" reflects that - it's equivalent to crafted spirits. Also explains their choice of location as it's more about marketing (NYC, Seattle) then development - like NKD says.

Really? You actually listen to anything that idiot has to say? Lol, yeah ok. Rolleyes

28220 Comments. 1411 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo