Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24571 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 6, 2016, 22:05 Cutter

I'm thinking if someone is going to sue you for a million bucks over a negative review than they probably deserved it.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vampire Bloodlines TMed
2. Re: Vampire Bloodlines TMed May 6, 2016, 22:04 Cutter

Creston wrote on May 6, 2016, 21:37:
It was a great RPG, but it was so horrendously broken on release that I'm sure nobody was really surprised when it didn't sell well.

It was even more galling that the game had been done for over a year (since they had to wait for HL2 to come out first), and they fixed absolutely jack shit in that timespan...

Yeah, without the community fixes the game would have been a blip on gaming history radar. Still, everyone's been waiting for this for a long time. Let's hope they don't drop the ball.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 6, 2016, 22:01 Cutter

That was weird. You'd think the horn would freak the dogs out.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2016, 13:58 Cutter

BobBob wrote on May 6, 2016, 12:49:
The site came up clean for me, but I use Adblock Plus with bluesnews.com whitelisted, of course. Thumbsup

Get with the times, Bob.

Ublock Origin

Adblock is so several years ago. It's hip to be square.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2016, 13:54 Cutter

Cool, I'm all for robot first responders.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 6, 2016, 13:51 Cutter

They should have just called it the Attenborough.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 6, 2016, 13:48 Cutter

The State already controls our lives. It's not a fun game.

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 22:05 Cutter

bigspender wrote on May 5, 2016, 18:55:
Cutter wrote on May 5, 2016, 12:49:
Intermittent fasting like the 5 2 diet is the only way to do it. It's far healthier too. After all, that's how we evolved. The Fast Mimicking Diet is interesting too but still needs a lot of research. Here's a an interesting study with some hard science on it.

FMD

Sauron, given your background I'd appreciate you chiming it on it.

The problem with intermittent fasting is that you're getting intermittent nutrients. You'll lose weight fast for sure, but when it comes to health, you want steady, consistent and permanent results. Nutrient intake is the key to health, not calorie counting (see my post below).

Also with many of these fasting style diets, you're just losing water content from your body, instead of depleting your adipose tissue.

I'd be vary careful of diets that make claims of "that's how we evolved" many people mistake survival and evolution as the same thing, and marketers take advantage of it. For example people that live on the north pole have a very high fat diet which they survive on, enough to reproduce, but they are certainly not evolved for it, as their angiograms would show.
Don't even get me started on the Paleo diet people *shakes fist*

And, just as I expected they tell you to eat large amounts of saturated fat, aka, one the major causes of heart disease which kills a person every 8 seconds in the US alone.

Lastly, any diet that is exploiting a survival mechanism (ketosis) is not going to be healthy. Ketosis is a last measure to stop people from starving to death when food is unavailable, not a regular function of the human body, and does a lot of harm. The definition of ketosis is "abnormal fat metabolism" after all.

No, that's not how it works at all. First off, eating to lose weight is a myth. Second, these are water based fasts. They're calorie restricted - meaning 600 per day for men. They're telling you to eat mostly plants but good fats are essential too. Having your body use up ketones is essential because it normalizes blood glucose and gives your pancreas, liver, and kidney a break they desperately need these days. The science on intermittent fasting is in and has been for a long time now. It works. It's good.

Most people get to their target weight and than just do maintenance of 1 day a week from that point forward. The rest is just common sense, moderate excercise - mostly aerobic. And, as Michael Pollen said, "eat real food, not too much, mostly plants".

Watch this.

Eat, Fast, Live Longer

Read this.

The Fast Diet

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 5, 2016, 20:53 Cutter

Grabbed Steve Jackson's Sorcery Pt 1, 2, & 3 from Humble. Quite enjoyable. If you're an RPG fan, especially ever played those adventure books as a kid it's well worth the money - which at $6.78 US for both is more than fair.  

1. Re: Into the Black May 5, 2016, 20:51 Cutter

Oh, I didn't realize that was exclusive to video game companies. Silly me and I thought it was just more or less, you know, everyone who did that.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 5, 2016, 20:50 Cutter

I'd love to see the financials for some of these failed KS projects. Let's see exactly what the salaries and "expenses" were.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 5, 2016, 20:44 Cutter

heroin wrote on May 5, 2016, 20:21:
half a billion active users... that is pretty much unfathomable.

Indeed. There's no way that's unique users.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 17:13 Cutter

Spring Sale on at the Humble Store.

Edit: Cool beans, just picked up Steve Jackson's Sorcery parts 1, 2, & 3 for $6 US.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2016, 17:40.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 12:49 Cutter

Intermittent fasting like the 5 2 diet is the only way to do it. It's far healthier too. After all, that's how we evolved. The Fast Mimicking Diet is interesting too but still needs a lot of research. Here's a an interesting study with some hard science on it.

FMD

Sauron, given your background I'd appreciate you chiming it on it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2016, 12:11 Cutter

Good thing they didn't bring him on board a year ago because that would have made sense.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
9. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 12:09 Cutter

Yeah, played for a few hours and it's not my cup of tea - visuals and gameplay.

2. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2016, 20:53 Cutter

The Overwatch open beta client is now available for download.

1. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2016, 20:39 Cutter

Love the pic of the drive-in sign - Hamburgers and Beer, back when America was a hell of a lot freer.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 4, 2016, 20:36 Cutter

Wow, just boggles the mind doesn't it?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 4, 2016, 20:32 Cutter

MS handling Win 10 reminds me of the Nazi knock knock joke.

24571 Comments. 1229 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo