Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28408 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
5. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 23, 2018, 11:15 Cutter

Desalus wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 11:08:
Who cares about Duke Nukem anymore? A Duke Nukem movie sounds like an instant flop and a big waste of money.

Spot on. 20 years ago? Would have been huge. In today's PC climate? Lol! I'm sure it'd do well with the GOP base however.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 22, 2018, 21:51 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 20:45:
That Amazon store sounds cool in theory. I hate lines. On the other hand, while supermarkets are already kind of big brothery, the his takes it to a whole new level.

I'm down with this. I already use a loyalty card for free groceries and you have to eat so it's really not a big deal if they datamine obvious shit like this. The average human being wastes something like 5 years of their life just waiting on shit - line, traffic lights, on the phone, et al. That's a lot of time wasted that could be spent on everything else. I hate having my time wasted needlessly more than anything else.

I just wish I would have been psychopathic enough to become a hedge fund manager. I totes subscribe to Gordon Gekko's philosophy, "Rich enough not to waste time."

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2018, 21:43 Cutter

This isn't about helping coal, it's about helping America's solar industry. 80% of all panels are imported? That's insane. Not just for the jobs it costs America, but the environmental impact as well. Protectionism is a good thing. Our economies were never stronger than when we had strong trade barriers and strong unions. No, credit where credit is due, Trump is right on this one. We need a lot more of this. Fuck "Free Trade" and let's get back to Fair Trade.

News Comments > The Red Strings Club Released
1. Re: The Red Strings Club Released Jan 22, 2018, 21:33 Cutter

How is this? I really don't care for the retro 16 bit bullshit but I like the narrative.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2018, 15:24 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 13:04:
Frijoles wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 11:29:
Playboy has filed a lawsuit against Boing Boing, accusing the offbeat news blog of copyright infringement for linking to an Imgur gallery and a YouTube video that showed every Playmate centerfold.

So uh.. where was this Imgur gallery link? I'm practicing my law stuffs and need to do some research.

Edit: Nevermind... it's been removed. I was not one of the lucky 2 million that viewed that link.

Isn't that protected free speech? They're reporting on work done by someone else. If it turns out that person broke the law, that has nothing to do with reporting the activity.

Playboy's contention is that if someone is making money off this than it's a copyright violation, and that's precisely what Boing Boing is doing. They're not hosting said material but they are providing a conduit to it by which they make money. I dunno', it's actually kind of interesting to see how this we'll play out. Copyright law is so fucked up.

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Closed Alpha Next Week
7. Re: Hunt: Showdown Closed Alpha Next Week Jan 22, 2018, 15:18 Cutter

Looks cool but PvP permadeath = massive grieffest. No thanks.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
7. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 15:09 Cutter

Win10/Win Store exclusive = automatic no sale.
Don't care much for the stylized look either. Sounds like it'll be a grieffest anyway.

Boats n' hoes, boats n' hoes, I gotta have me my boats n' hoes....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2018, 10:11 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 09:54:
Ah, yes, the congestion plan. Because it has done miracles for London's traffic problems...

My problem with these sorts of plans is it only improves things for the rich as usual. Like the article said, more mass transit is what's required. That should be the major focus of every major city. Keep building and don't ever stop. Integrate an entire network of trains and subways and LRTs through the city and out to the burbs and on. It's the only way people will ever get out of their cars. It's way faster, easier and cheaper for me to drive into the city than it is to take transit. Like magnitudes easier. People who live in the snowbelt don't want to stand around in the winter waiting for buses. And why on earth would I take a train into town when A) they run so infrequently - major waste of my time B) they cost twice as much as driving and parking?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2018, 21:53 Cutter

Oh lord, please don't let the Cheatriots win the Superbowl yet again. Goddamn did the Vikes ever get spanked!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2018, 21:52 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 21, 2018, 15:00:
Two days until the Subnautica retail release, adding yet another 200+ hour game to my list.

Yeah, been a long time coming but I'm stoked as heck-diddly-eck for it!

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 20, 2018, 20:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2018, 18:13:
Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2018, 16:44:
Why do you need to identify yourself to charge you vehicle? Why can't you just pay for the charge via cash or prepaid card?

We have to be sure terrorists won't use that electricity for nefarious purposes.

I'm so sick of not being able to use anything because it's either not secure or I'm being data mined or etc. And these corps do sweet FA about it. So much for the "free market" fixing the problem, as usual. This is precisely why governments exist and government oversight and corporate accountability on these matters is required.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2018, 20:42 Cutter

My understanding is that one can drink real scrumpy and get three sheets to the wind and wake up with no hangover.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 20, 2018, 16:44 Cutter

Why do you need to identify yourself to charge you vehicle? Why can't you just pay for the charge via cash or prepaid card?

News Comments > More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit
6. Re: More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Jan 20, 2018, 16:20 Cutter

It's a pretty convoluted mess but - depending on the original contract - there may be some actual merit to this lawsuit. This just got interesting.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2018, 18:58 Cutter

Employee Lawsuit Reveals Google as Intolerant Race Cult

There's the reality of Big Brother Google. I hope Damore wins big time.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2018, 18:42 Cutter

He's his "uncle".

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2018, 14:38 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 13:37:
Could Modern Humans Survive An Asteroid Impact, Like What Killed the Dinosaurs?

Preppers?

The real question is, would you want to? I've never accepted the idea of 'life at any price'. Just clinging to life until you run out of food/water/heat? Why? I like some of the tales I've heard about the Hawaii thing with people getting drunk on special stuff they were saving or going out surfing or what have you. Embracing the end with gusto! I'd much rather be at the point of impact and vaporized instantly than let it drag out. Yeah, naked, covered in food, double fisting a couple bottles of booze and trying to time leaping off the tallest building I could find with the impact so I'm vaporized in mid-air so I could go out freeeeee....free fallin'! Better still, hang-gliding naked into ground zero!

Now, on the other hand, if there was a Vault...

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps
3. Re: Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps Jan 19, 2018, 14:26 Cutter

You're right, can't wait for X4 to get here either. It's going to be so much better!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2018, 10:25 Cutter

I don't know if it helps you doze but I always write to-do lists. Same at work, etc. Always commit it to paper, unless you're planning a crime.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2018, 10:22 Cutter

Once again you see the 'anti-big-brother' GOP's true colors.

28408 Comments. 1421 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo