Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26979 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2017, 23:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2017, 20:55:
Dacote wrote on Jun 5, 2017, 17:19:
If I had any doubts about seeing it your spoiler free impression just erased em.

Yeah, nice write up, 1bad. It's interesting that you could tell that BMvSM was just terrible from the trailers, but this looked good from the trailers, and that seems to be bearing itself out.
BM vs SM wasn't terrible. It was actually pretty good. It's just not what most people expected or wanted. Time will bear this out.

Loki: I can spot a commandment breaker from a mile away, bet on it.

Bartleby: This coming from the guy who still owes me ten bucks over which would be the bigger movie: E.T. or Krush Groove?"

Loki: Hey you know what, fuck you man, because time will tell on that one.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2017, 23:40.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 5, 2017, 17:14 Cutter

Middlefinger

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2017, 17:13 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Jun 5, 2017, 16:57:
this is one of the top reasons to go. maybe even take someone on a date, but that might backfire cuz she might go overboard with the girlpower thing and full on lezz out on you XD

You say that like it's bad thing. So long as you can at least spectate it's all good. Biker

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 5, 2017, 17:11 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2017, 13:53:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jun 5, 2017, 13:20:
The movie startup sounds a bit insane on the surface. $50 to rent a movie, it's nuts! But consider how much money a small family of 3-4 spends when they go to a theatre, its pretty close to the same if not more. Now, throw in the plus of being able to watch a first-run movie in an environment that you control with as many or as few people as you want and this crazy idea doesn't sound quite so crazy afterall.

Yeah, but that's $50 thirty days after release. I payed $50 or so to take the family to GotG2 opening weekend.

And that's to watch it on the big screen. Would you really pay $50 to watch in on your home TV. Especially when you know inside of a month it'll be available for $5 or less?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 5, 2017, 17:09 Cutter

It's not the interest that's the problem it's the price of admission. The fact that big sports is so expensive to be a part of is a major turn off for many people, not just the young. All the corporate tie-ins and big money and tax grabs really bother a lot of people. Then expecting to pay more for sports channels, absurd amounts for sports merchandising - $2 shirt made in some third world sweatshop selling for $150 because it's "officially licensed" is just fucking ridiculous. And the cost of actually going to games. Even on the cheap it's going to cost you $100-$200 per person for most major sporting events. Most people can think of a lot of other ways they'd rather spend that money.

I'll never watch people play video games - beyond a Twitch stream here or there to see if I'm actually interested in buying it. And as much as I love football I don't have religion for it - won't buy merchandise or any of that jive. And I could care less about other sports. Even the cable companies admit that most of their customers would gladly drop sports channels to save money on their bill.

Where eSports could get interesting is - if and - when VR gets wide screen adoption and people can spectate all manner of competitions 'first hand'. Hell, that could even be a thing for streaming where people come along as you play and ask you to check this, that, or the other thing out.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 5, 2017, 12:49 Cutter

Why is Hollywood fighting him when it'll fail on its own. Only a billionaire thinks $50 to rent a movie is something everyone will do without batting an eye. Good grief. Rolleyes  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. removed Jun 5, 2017, 12:42 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 5, 2017, 13:35.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2017, 12:38 Cutter

Arborist was here today to cut down 4 trees in preparation for the new fence. Note to self: When cutting trees down do it before they bud leaves.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2017, 12:58 Cutter

Good luck. If you run into problems with your exit pipes that's gonna' get real expensive real fast.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month
11. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 4, 2017, 12:55 Cutter

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 11:48:
Quinn wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 04:28:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 20:07:
Drayth wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 19:06:
Dinosaurs do exist in The Forgotten Realms setting.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Chult

Stop it, you're going to damage the people who constantly get asshurt over everything!

Easy now, tantrum-tard. I wasn't aware Faerun had dinosaurs, is all. Not asshurt, but not in the least excited either.

Wow, guilty conscience much? I was referring to CJ, the sole person on BluesNews that makes Cutter look positive.

That said, after seeing your reply, I'd say it might be up your alley to actually investigate the source material before making remarks about it.

Fuck you. I'm mostly positie. I just don't take shit from trolling assholes. See how that works, asshole?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 4, 2017, 12:53 Cutter

That's actually sad to hear.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2017, 12:53 Cutter

Yeah, even safety issues aside the added noise - particularly of drones - will drive people insane. I know most company owners are cheap bastards and that's why this sort of legislation is important all around.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month
6. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 3, 2017, 20:15 Cutter

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 20:07:
Drayth wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 19:06:
Dinosaurs do exist in The Forgotten Realms setting.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Chult

Stop it, you're going to damage the people who constantly get asshurt over everything!

Not anyone who's familiar with Toril. I'd still give a lot to see a full-on Forgotten Realms MMO.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 3, 2017, 17:32 Cutter

11 million bucks blown in 4 years for a project that's still pre-alpha. Uh yeah. And throw another massive KS failure on the fire. That's why you don't give assholes with money more money. Garriot can drop $25 million bucks to go to space but he can't deliver a game in 4 years and 11 million bucks gone? If it was his money he was risking it would have been done on time and on budget you cam bet.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2017, 17:28 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 14:55:
Creston wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 14:36:
That Witcher 3 mod is very well done, but that headbob made me nauseated just by watching the video.

Yeah, true. Still, I want to try that in VR.

Start making games like W3 for VR and that's when I'll buy one.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2017, 17:10 Cutter

Si I'm one of those people that feed the chipmunks and squirrels in their backyard - mostly the former, but a few of the latter. Anyway, I'm out doing work to prepare for the new fence I'm building when what do I see under one of the plants but a sick little chipmunk. He was clearly an adolescent, I think it was actually one of the kids of my favorite chipmunk as she had 2 just a while back. Anyway, poor little guy was stumbling and rolling around. He didn't have any visible signs of trauma so it may have been something he ate. So I scooped him up and put him in a shoebox with some bedding and took him to one of the local wildlife refuges. So they'll see if they can help him. Hats off to the good people who work at wildlife refuges.

It was cute when I got there as well. A lady was coming out with her three small children, as they had brought in bunny with a broken leg they found in their backyard. So I showed the little girls the chipmunk and they almost started crying, which of course makes everyone else almost start crying. Heh. So in spite of his illness or injury he was a pretty lucky little fella as I'm usually not back there working. If I hadn't been I don't think it would have boded well for him. Fingers crossed, here's hoping he makes it.

News Comments > Steam Direct Fee is $100
11. Re: Steam Direct Fee is $100 Jun 2, 2017, 22:00 Cutter

It should be a grand at least to keep the shovelware off. And it shouldn't be recoupable per se, but used toward the 30 points Steam takes on sales - so if you don't forsee the game doing decent sales you'll be wasting your time and money. It won't end the problem but it'd probably make a pretty good dent in it.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 2, 2017, 21:58 Cutter

Looks and sounds great. Checked out some of their videos and the visuals are amazing. I think it was a mistake with the amount of time and effort being put into PvP seeing how niche it is. They would have been better off developing a player-based editor to allow for content creation instead.

And while it's tempting to back it, this is a good article outlining some potentially serious pitfalls with this game - and a good reminder of why not crowdfund in the first place.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 2, 2017, 21:08 Cutter

Cool beans. Used to read it religiously as a kid.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2017, 15:31 Cutter

ItBurn wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 14:35:
Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 12:25:
As our CEO Yves said at the close of our E3 conference last year, “the real magic and innovation happens when teams and players are free to create, free to innovate, free to express themselves, free to take risks and have fun.”

Yeah, all the things Ubisoft doesn't do.

I don't think that's fair. Ubisoft is churning out a lot of new IPs and new types of games (as well as yearly clones).

In what universe is this happening because it sure ain't this one. Head has it right, copy and paste games are what they make. All their games are the exact same just with different settings. All their games are 80%-90% needless grindy filler. All of them.

26979 Comments. 1349 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo