Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26646 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2017, 12:50 Cutter

Tablets are a godsend for those of us getting elderly who like to read. The print in so many books is simply too small and difficult to read easily anymore. With a tablet just hit a button to increase font size and Bob's yer Uncle! I admit I was a bit curmudgeonly about using a tablet to read at first but I'm totes loving it now.

‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says

Yeah, because that's what a sociopath like The Donald needs to hear. Of course The Donald doesn't believe in God...because he is God. Still those evangelicals need to STFU or their churches need to be taxed for the political institutions they really are. And you can bet you won't see any of those assholes sending their kids off to die, but they have zero problem sending everyone elses.

Hrm, I wonder what kind of work it would take to convert my shed into a bomb shelter. Fallout - the real life experience coming to a city near you soon!

Anyone catch the moon last night? When it first appeared - here at any rate - it was this crazy blood orange color. I've never seen anything like it before. And there was a thin cloud moving across it on its lower third so it looked like a black stripe running across it. It actually looked pretty ominous - and really effing sweet too. Wish I woulda had a could camera to take a few snaps of it. I'm guessing it was lit up like that because of the approaching eclipse.

And Blue, to get Mrs. Blue on-board with the bonfire idea you just have to be a bit sneaky about it. Get her a bit drunk and play some music in the background relating to fire like The Doors - Light My Fire, Arthur Brown - Fire, The Pointer Sisters - Fire, et al. Just search for songs about fire, there's loads of them. That way the seed will take root and in a few days time she'll say, 'You know what? A bonfire would be a really good idea!'

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 8, 2017, 23:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 22:37:
Or maybe store your ammo in a more secure location that can't be destroyed by a commercial drone.

That's a huge effort and expenditure that up until now was completely unnecessary. I'm sure that'll change moving forward but for now it's a common sense approach.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2017, 16:15 Cutter

Retired wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 16:10:
Closing date set on both houses, pending appraisals on each. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Just in time to get moved settled in and watch football at the new pad.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2017, 16:14 Cutter

Serves him right for using services like Uber, AirBnB, et al. All this sharing economy bullshit is just making it worse for everyone else and speeding up the race to the bottom. Point in fact, studies are coming in from all over now showing AirBnB is directly responsible for increased housing and rental costs. They're acting as hotels without any of the costs or responsibilities and that needs to end. So I have zero sympathy for selfish pricks like this who are making it harder for everyone else.

AirBnB raises rents

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2017, 13:07 Cutter

And that's why I use keyboards with silicone covers.

RIP Haruo Nakajima!

Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla

News Comments > TauCeti Unknown Origin Announced
6. Re: TauCeti Unknown Origin Announced Aug 7, 2017, 21:06 Cutter

Darks wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 16:19:
Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 13:19:
Looks like it might be ok. The world itself doesn't look very alien however.

Nothing against your comment, but just what would an alien looking world look like in your mind?

Cause none of us really know. and if a flourished world was discovered. I dont think the look of it would be to far off looking from Earths.

NMS does a better job of it. It defeats the entire purpose of using the world "alien" when it doesn't look at all alien.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2017, 21:04 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 16:55:
Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 14:30:
Fucking spoilers, man! Use secret text.

My bad. Edited the post. GoT is literally the only show I watch live. I found that avoiding spoilers is practically impossible if you don't.

Thanks. I generally binge watch a season at the end instead as I hate waiting week in and week out to find out what happened at the same Bat-time on the same Bat-channel!

News Comments > LawBreakers Released
1. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 20:55 Cutter

Yeah, I'm really interested in a game that's marketed by 14 year olds to 14 year olds. Christ, this is worse than Romero making one his bitch. Rolleyes

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2017, 14:30 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 14:23:
Blue wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 13:16:
I also like their recent use of portals for travel.

Seems to me that they've just stopped showing us months of travel time between scenes. At the end of last episode they had just raided Highgarden. By the time the attack happens at the end of this episode they've traveled all the way back to King's Landing and unloaded all the gold.

Highgarden is farther away from King's Landing than Dragonstone, giving an army on horseback plenty of time to catch up with the slow moving loot train.

Fucking spoilers, man! Use secret text. Some of us aren't watching this yet.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2017, 13:30 Cutter

I got a little firepit this year and am going to be burning up all my scrap this fall. My cousin does that at his farm - the bonfire that is. End of year, whatever scrap is left in the shop goes to the bonfire. It's pretty sweet.

Hope you guys get your pad in PA soon, Blue. Not long now before your Eagles take the field.

News Comments > TauCeti Unknown Origin Announced
1. Re: TauCeti Unknown Origin Announced Aug 7, 2017, 13:19 Cutter

Looks like it might be ok. The world itself doesn't look very alien however.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2017, 12:47 Cutter

It was really cool last night. Felt like a fall evening. And it was beautiful what with the clear sky and full'ish moon.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 12:46 Cutter

Uh no, Mac is right, they need to go fuck themselves. This game just completely fell off the radar for me. Give an inch they take a mile. This is how it starts. Reward them with sales for this bullshit and next time it'll be even worse. Then it will be gated content and micros up the ass for everything. Best thing to do is nip this in the bud by boycotting the game.

News Comments > The International 2017 Trove Carafe
1. Re: The International 2017 Trove Carafe Aug 6, 2017, 12:35 Cutter

Trove Carafe? What does that even mean? So it's a carafe used to hold a trove of something? Treasure presumably?  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2017, 17:25 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 15:03:
Okay, first of all they are duly elected members of Congress, not some member of Royality who inherited the power to rule us. Meaning the problem isn't them, it is the people who elected them. Second, I don't want people being shot for their political beliefs because I don't want to be next on someone's list. Third, even if key GOP members (or any GOP members for that matter) were killed for political reasons, it would only increase their popularity with the populace. You think they have majorities now? Kill a few and they'll soon have veto override majorities in Congress and every statehouse in the nation...

Elected? The overwhelming majority of them have come to power with minority votes courtesy of the gerrymandering they're practicing, which incidentally is only getting worse. Pretty soon a Democrat won't be able to get elected regardless of the actual support they get. Since Nixon they've been trying to usurp the democratic process and put an end to it, literally, and you're fine with that? This isn't a simple ideological divide these people are actively working to establish authoritarian rule. And you want peace at any price? Those people love people like you. They'll shake your hand and nod agreement then stab you in the back the moment it's presented to them. And the beliefs and values aren't just bad for America they're bad for the whole fucking planet.

The founding fathers understood people like them. It's why they included the following in the Second Amendment....

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Not only do you have the natural born right but you have the duty to stand up and despots and tyrants. Anything else is just capitulation. I suppose your heroes are guys like Benedict Arnold, Joe Valachi, the Rosenbergs, et al.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2017, 13:09 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:22:
We are one baseball practice and 4 memorials away from having a decent government.
Listen, I am near the front of the line to complain about the GOP and I realize you are not serious -- however, even "joking" like this is not useful or productive. The best case scenario is you are ignored. The worst case is damn ugly.

Why? The GOP has declared war on everyone else and the planet. People have every right to defend themselves by any means necessary. Talking doesn't work with those people. They don't care. By your rationale there never would have been a War of Independence and no America to begin with. Like Thomas Jefferson said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Appeasement only makes the aggressor stronger. Ask Neville Chamberlain how that worked out for him with Hitler.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 5, 2017, 12:51 Cutter

Sounds like a cool mod. I'll be happy to try it when its finished. Think I'll probably do a new playthrough around Xmas.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 5, 2017, 12:48 Cutter

Seeing the comments for that everywhere they run to the effect of 'Never heard the song or of the artist.' So those are either fake numbers or they're coming from repeats in Latin countries. Sounds like it was a guerilla marketing scheme to drive views on it to begin with because obviously everybody is going to now at least check it out.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 5, 2017, 12:46 Cutter

$600? Lol! Thanks but I already have a Leatherman AND a Swiss Army Knife with belt pouches.

News Comments > Oculus Home Warms to Steam
2. Re: Oculus Home Warms to Steam Aug 5, 2017, 12:26 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:16:
I wonder how many internal heads had to roll to push that change in policy through... because I can't believe that was a simple decision. Facebook basically surrenders the PC market with this.

Well it's that or perish entirely. I'm amazed this wasn't the case to begin with.

26646 Comments. 1333 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo