Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25039 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
63. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 14:34 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:22:
Here's the TOS:

https://www.gog.com/support/support_view/30_day_money_back_guarantee_faq#en

It's not like it is terrible for gaming at all, but there are some real outs for them to.

IMO you have overstated the issue there at this time.

I've asked for 2 refunds from GOG before and had zero problem getting this. They've said as much themselves. Yeah, if you're abusing the system and asking for loads of refunds all the time they won't, but if you're not it's not a problem.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2016, 14:21 Cutter

It's true, the humidity is the killer. It's 90% here right now and it's brutal. Yesterday it was so bad - 34C/44C with the humidex - restos didn't even have their patios open. A lot of people working outdoors took a day off. I was in an out of the house as I'm doing some renos atm and I swear I lost several pounds just through sweat. Clothes were effinf soaked and just ripe by the day's end. I love the heat, man, but it needs to be a dry heat. I'd give a lot to be in Death Valley atm.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
57. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 11:32 Cutter

You guys know this is available on GOG, right? With a 30 day money back guarantee, right? Not Steam's joke that is 2 hours.

I checked it out and it's worse than I originally believed. Beside the piss-poor optimization everyone is complaining about it's isn't pretty. All the planets and all of space is the exact same with very minor variations on themes. Space stations are all identical. Planet's too. Do you see any great jungles or mountain ranges or plains? No. Just a tundra like environment with some hills and valleys, lots of caves, and bodies of water - and they're all the same. The procedural algorithm is very evident in how everything is made. Its limitations are obvious and it's not good.

Mining and looking for goods/information is the same on every planet and all the same resources are available everywhere just in varying densities. Upgrades are shallow and marginal so you can make your suit a bit better but the only thing to really do is a get a better ship and I haven't seen any that impress me, much less any reason to get one except to go a bit faster and be able to haul more shit to sell to end up with money I don't need. Oh yes, as other have mentioned the controls fucking suck. The flight sim part is terrible, especially on planets.

On the whole the game is just completionist grind and even that's a joke. The fucking achievments come virtually every other minute to make you feel you're "accomplising" something worthwhile. I swear to god, after every alien you meet you get a huge grahpic on the screen, 'You've met 3 aliens!' 'You've met 4 aliens!' 'You've walked 1 mile!' 'You've earned 1000 units!' sort of bullshit for everything there is to do in game and it's literally incremental for most of it.

So really the only thing to do is learn the secret of Atlas, or go to the cneter of the galaxy, or grind like you've never grinded before. You go do an 8 hour shift grinding sausage meat in a sausage factory dancing the bump and grind as you do it and it wouldn't come close to approaching how grindy this game is.

The game is mana from heaven if you're a seriously OCD completionist type that likes repetitive tasks, it fucking sucks for anyone else. I think the average rating on GOG atm is 2 stars with most reviews voicing similar opinions and all looking to get refunds. So yeah, a ton of buyers remorse as I expected. Hell, even Steam is 14k positive and 11k negative atm, and the neg reviews all say the same thing I did. I may pick this up again when it hits the bargain bin $5 or less, but I wouldn't pay a penny more for it than that. I imagine that the price will plummet on this game in short order so if you waste your money now you'll end up kicking yourself before long. If you must take the plunge do it on GOG - where you should be buying anyway.

Honestly, I knew it wasn't going to be great but I didn't expect to be this fucking bad. Still, I haven't played a space game in a long time and it kind of re-ignited the bug. Is anyone still playing Elite? I see keys on G2A are $20'ish bucks so maybe I'll grab one.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 13, 2016, 10:49 Cutter

Grammar. the difference in helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, or helping your uncle jack off a horse.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
53. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 18:11 Cutter

I'd assume Sony's QA support was mostly the PS4 and maybe a few people for the PC. Still, small team or not and money not obviously an issue, they should have had their own QA team for months now. That's just shocking.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2016, 18:07 Cutter

Whenever I was in the US when I was living on the west coast I always used to go to Peets Coffee, especially in the Bay area. Anyone frequent Peets? Is it still good?

21. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 14:12 Cutter

ShadyPete wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 11:44:
Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 11:05:
Let the Florps begin!

hopefully in a few patches i can become a galactic iridium baron and charter flights from visiting aliens in my quest to obtain the rarest of florp skulls in the galaxy.

Shady Pete - Galactic Florp Hunter. Has a ring to it, doesn't it?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2016, 11:41 Cutter

OldElfin wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 11:38:
Hey Blue,
For vacuum style sealing of your beans, I just saw this video the other day. How to Seal Foods Air-Free Without a Vacuum Sealer

Hope it helps.

That's a huge pain in the ass not to mention a massive waste of fresh water - something much of the world is in short supply of. Hell if you don't want to use a vacuum sealer you could technically use an iron.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2016, 11:38 Cutter

Zor wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 11:29:
I think it was a link from here but there was an article not too long ago that I followed the advice of and started putting my bean container in the fridge to keep the beans cold, which someone else referred to in an earlier comment but keeps them frozen. I feel like so far it's kept them fresher longer, and does improve the uniformity of the flavor.

I don't believe a fridge cuts it. The article referenced was on here sometime back and it was freezing that made for a better, more uniform grind but I don't recall it alluded to keeping beans any fresher. And as the science goes it shouldn't make a difference if it's refrigerated or not if it's in an airtight container. In fact if you could replace the oxygen with neutral gas like nitrogen - as they do for bottled goods - that would really keep it fresh, Hrm, there's a crowdfunding idea if I ever heard one. A nitrogen based coffee container. Remember, I came up with it so it's mine!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2016, 11:33 Cutter

Huh, that's what my ma drinks, the French roast. She likes those dark, heavy coffees as well - Sumatran, et al. I'm definitely on the milder side. I like Starbucks Pike Place and am pissed Costco here stopped selling it as it was a great price. And why piss around with a straw and a bag? Either get a vacuum sealer - good for all kinds of stuff - or get a proper storage container....

The 5 Best Coffee Storage Containers of 2016

7. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 11:05 Cutter

Let the Florps begin!

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
1. Re: The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed Aug 11, 2016, 19:26 Cutter

Best game ever made. At least best CRPG ever made and the DLC is just more awesome sauce on the awesome cake.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2016, 18:19 Cutter

You are correct, sir. TV does lead revenue but not by much - 2.2 billion per year vs. 1.5 billion in merchandise, at least that's the best breakdown I could find and I don't know how reliable it is.

Also I did not know that US major sports leagues - the NFL at any rate - centrally control and share the digital and retail product profits equally.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2016, 14:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 13:49:
On the one hand, athlete salaries can be completely outrageous. On the other hand, if the athletes don't take it, the owners will which is worse. On the third hand, lower-tier athletes get paid orders of magnitude less for essentially doing the same amount of work as the top athletes. Kind of wish prof sports would implement some kind of basic pension system. I read too many "broke former athlete" stories, and many of them suffer from conditions caused by their participation.

I love football but not to the point I'm ready to fork over money for "official" merchandise. Why in the blue blazes would I pay $200 for an "official NFL licensed" Aaron Rodgers jersey that cost $5 or less to make in some third world sweatshop? Yet people do it droves. Point in fact that's where most of the money comes from, merchandising. That's the fault of idiotic fans. And all pro athletes are overpaid IMO. It's just some of them actually have to really work to earn those dollars in high risk environments like football vs. baseball/golf. A football/hockey/basketball player should make scads more money than the assholes in hobbies like baseball and golf do.

And pro athletes do have pensions. If they go broke, that's their own fault. Stop buying mansions and $250,000+ cars and jewellery. Take some personal responsibility and do some financial planning.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 11, 2016, 14:20 Cutter

These guys are clearly liable for criminal prosecution at this point and that's what needs to happen. Don't bother sending them to jail and wasting yet more money. Just put them to work for the state at minimum wage and garnish their wages until the day they die.

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes?
13. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 11:39 Cutter

Oooh you got served!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2016, 11:30 Cutter

$317 million dollars for a "sport" that's really just a hobby. Just one of the many reasons I hate baseball. At least pre-season starts tonight for the only real sport that matters. And of course, none of the games are on here because of the fucking Olympics.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2016, 08:59 Cutter

Retired wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 03:29:
If you pre-ordered No Man's Sky, watch out for this game-breaking bug…

First world problems are a BITCH!

/exit out, create new game.

No one likes having their time wasted, even in the third world.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 11, 2016, 08:58 Cutter

ZeroPike1 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 07:13:
I do not get it. I really do not. Why would you want to limit Muni-Broadband? Why would you not encourage more and faster internet growth in your community? Why can states limit this? under what logical reasoning do they even use?

The general idea is that Cable businesses pay for the laws to restrict it, by buying legislators. I get that. But only the biggest businesses can buy an entire state's legislative body across multiple states. Unless they are that cheap to begin with?

Who cares as it's primarily a red state issue. They continue to fall further and further behind while everyone else moves forward. If you live in one of those states and care a whit about yourself and family then you best move to progressive state and leave the hillbillies to their corn squeezins and a fussin' and a feudin'.

News Comments > Diluvion Announced
1. Re: Diluvion Announced Aug 10, 2016, 20:21 Cutter

Wicked! I'm totes in!  

25039 Comments. 1252 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo