Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24340 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: In the Dark Apr 15, 2016, 12:48 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 11:14:
Yesterday makes it the third time in a month that I've been without power for most of a day or longer. The first time was due to some severe storms that pretty much knocked out the whole city, and I was without power for 2 days that time. The second time though it was on a clear day, and the power was out all afternoon and not getting restored until later that night. Yesterday we had some heavy rain that morning and early afternoon, but that was it, just rain. About half an hour after the rain stopped the power went out and didn't get restored until early this morning.

I get text messages from the power co. with estimated restore time and when it comes back on. The weird thing is, I got a text saying they detected a power outage at my address and were dispatching crew, but my power was still on. Ten minutes later it began flickering then went out. I was getting ready to leave anyway, but the power was still out when I got done. I decided to go take care of some errands I was planning to do this weekend, but when I got done with those, the power was still out. I kept getting texts extending the estimated restore time. First it was 5pm, then 7pm, then 11pm. Around 9pm I decided to go out to get food. I took my tablet with me and parked in front of my sister's house to borrow her wifi so I could watch Netflix and eat. I guess they stop sending texts after a certain time because after 11pm the power was still out when I went to bed.

Each time it was trees falling in the same two spots knocking the lines down on the road my neighborhood branches off from. One place is private property and the other place is probably city property. I need to find out who to complain to because this is getting ridiculous. I'm sure the power co. is tired of fixing it too.

Why not take the opportunity to research going off the grid, or at least less dependent on it? Have you looked into any combination of wind and solar for your home?

"Hey! Nobody calls Moe St. Cool a phony!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
5. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 12:13 Cutter

Anyone at all surprised it'd be shovelware?

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2016, 21:52 Cutter

Avatar sucked more balls than a Hoover at a ping pong tournament. Seriously, not even the fucking tree huggers want more of this tripe.

News Comments > Stellaris Preorders
3. Re: Stellaris Preorders Apr 14, 2016, 21:50 Cutter

MisterBenn wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 20:34:
I ordered, it's one of my favourite genres and I've seen enough of the game that I know I want in on day one. Also through a triumph of planning I am unemployed going into release day so I'll be able to report on a decent session even though it'll be a Monday!

Cool beans, looking forward to your report!

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access
2. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access Apr 14, 2016, 21:49 Cutter

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 20:37:
The thing I didn't care for about Starpoint Gemini 2 wasn't the lack of content...but the lack of atmosphere. It just seemed so dull and lifeless, which is unfortunate, because far older games like Privateer were the exact opposite.

Is this something they addressed with this one?

I felt the same way and said so, than the devs told me I was wrong and not entitled to my opinion...so fuck them and their shitty game.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
23. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 20:13 Cutter

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 13:44:
Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:56:
Not at all. Shallow and repetitive as ED is this is worse. This is a walking simulator set in space.

I think your time machine`s broken brah. Seems you`re stuck in the period before the news blowout when the "walking sim" jibe might`ve had some merit.

Read this and tell me there`s no gameplay:how-to-play-no-mans-sky-a-detailed-breakdown

I get the hurr durr need2hate because Sony somethin hype somethin console etc but seriously, y`all is barking up the wrong planet here.

Sure, it might still turn out to be broken/lame but you can`t say this based on current info. As it is, it`s got the biggest potential to be something special, of all the games in the works now or released recently.

Yeah, sure thing, Scooter. After 3 hours in when you've come to the realization you just wasted $60 US and you uninstall it to never touch it again do drop by and let us know how wrong we all were. Lol!
Toff

News Comments > Stellaris Preorders
1. Re: Stellaris Preorders Apr 14, 2016, 20:00 Cutter

High hopes for this one, but Ima wait and see first.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2016, 12:07 Cutter

ZeroPike1 wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:34:
I'm also sporting Mirrored sunglasses, its very nice. It makes you stand out in a crowd while hiding behind two mirrors

It sure does, 'Hey check out the giant douchenozzle perv in the mirrored shades over there, lol!'

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 14, 2016, 12:06 Cutter

Wow, that guy is F'd in the A!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 14, 2016, 12:04 Cutter

No, it's not.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
5. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 11:56 Cutter

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 10:33:
It just looks like a $20 indie title, rather than a big retail Witcher 3 or Mass Effect scale game.

And this is why we`ll never see a truly next-gen AAA game. Not because big corporations suck - they do - but first and foremost because gamers do not want anything that takes them out of their comfort zone.

And "where is the game?" from a guy who plays Elite:Dangerous? ROTFL.

I`m kind of glad there was no internet in the 80s. If Meier, Braben, Garriot and the rest of originators read such debilitating comments, they would go and made some spreadsheets instead of games.

Not at all. Shallow and repetitive as ED is this is worse. This is a walking simulator set in space. Fly around the sameish planets over and over seeing the sameish stuff over and over? Oooh but you get to name it! Wow, that's more excitement that a human being should be allowed!
Rolleyes

Yeah, wake me when this thing hits the $5 mark.

News Comments > Panzer Corps: US Corps '42 Announced
1. Re: Panzer Corps: US Corps '42 Announced Apr 14, 2016, 11:50 Cutter

Panzerfaust!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans Apr 13, 2016, 21:38 Cutter

The sand barge has already sailed.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program
1. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program Apr 13, 2016, 21:36 Cutter

These sorts of scenarios are every conservative's wet dream. And a propaganda tool the elite cons love.

The Republican Treason: Republican Fascism Exposed

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2016, 16:46 Cutter

So a bunch of parasitic middlemen who create nothing want more money and control? Shocker!

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Tease
24. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 16:35 Cutter

Rapture was hella better.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2016, 11:15 Cutter

Gee, yet another origin movie for a character everyone is already familiar with. Yawn. It looks pretty bad. Suicide Squad looks downright awful.

And good on Denmark. That's exactly what kids need.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2016, 10:56 Cutter

Hells yeah! I love Tim and Len! Let's see a new Bloodlines, a new - real - Fallout, and a new Arcanum!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 13, 2016, 10:54 Cutter

And why, pray, do US regulators need the ifnormation on 13 million people - served in the form of 33 subpoenas no less? They needed the information on 40,000 people per subpoena? I don't even know why the government goes through with this pretense anymore and simply doesn't come right out and say, 'All your data are belong to us!'

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2016, 10:34 Cutter

People don't hate Mustangs. They hate Mercedes. Mercedes: The Official Car of Assholes Everywhere.

24340 Comments. 1217 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo