Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28217 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 29, 2017, 10:27 Cutter

Well if the facts doesn't support the SJW POV than it's obviously racist! Rolleyes

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 29, 2017, 10:23 Cutter

No, the most annoying thing is that assholes continue to support Apple no matter what.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2017, 10:22 Cutter

Addiction is addiction. Only Pharma wants to break it down into a disorder in order to sell a pill for it.

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
1. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 29, 2017, 10:19 Cutter

Shouldn't that just be CUs?

News Comments > CCP Job Listing Hints MMORPG Plans
1. Re: CCP Job Listing Hints MMORPG Plans Dec 29, 2017, 10:18 Cutter

For yet another game they'll fail to produce.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 29, 2017, 00:08 Cutter

A51Abductee wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 22:36:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 21:13:
Shorter Creston: "Not even the courtesy of a reach around!"

RIP Billy "Wicked" Wilson

I miss the hell out of Billy. We used to hang online all the time. Him and Sweet Dick Willy. My fave line of his was always, 'I may not be able to hit the bottom of a can of tuna but I can damn well bang the hell out of the sides.'

News Comments > Escape from Tarkov Testing Plans
1. Re: Escape from Tarkov Testing Plans Dec 29, 2017, 00:06 Cutter

Anyone try this or heard any feedback on it? It actually sounds kinda cool.

News Comments > BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG
16. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 29, 2017, 00:05 Cutter

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 21:11:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 20:43:
Want to hear from Bats or Jag or any of you others if things have improved.

Got killed by a hacker in the very next game after reading this.

At this point I have to assume that cheat banning is just a money making racket by the developers. Ban, sell another copy, ban, sell another copy.

That's clearly the motivation here. They could stop it all kinds of ways if they were so inclined.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. removed Dec 28, 2017, 18:05 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 28, 2017, 18:19.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2017, 18:03 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 15:33:
Think it's annoying test driving,and trying to find a car that fits your needs? Just wait till it's time to negotiate the price

Nah, I'm just gonna email bomb all the dealers in Ontario with model and options and whoever comes back with the best price wins. I hate haggling. I really just can't be bothered trying to squeeze every fucking dime out of someone I can. It's like when people complain about pricing on high end wines in some of the joints I've worked. It's like, 'This is a luxury commodity. Fuckoff and go somewhere else or buy it at the liquor store and drink at home you cheap bastard, but don't whine to me because I don't care. You'll either buy it or you won't.' If I pay a bit more I don't care. Life is too short to waste time stressing on that shit. My time is way more valuable to me.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2017, 15:11 Cutter

So I drove the Sportwagen today and that's out of the running. It has the most power by far and handles really well, it's just super uncomfortable and quite noisy to boot. Couple that with the fact that VW gives Canadians a big middle finger on price and warranty compared to the US and that eliminates them from the running. Super disappointed.

Went beack to Nissan to check out the Qashqai and Frontier and no go on them. It's insane but none of their vehicles have any leg room. I like the Frontier best out of all the smaller trucks I looked at but there's zero leg room. I'm 6' and it's not like I have what I guess would be abnormally long legs - I don't have Marfan syndrome or anything - yet you can't even get close to stretching your legs out fully. And it so stupid when you have all this room behind you in the cab. With another mere 6 or so inches of leg room it's the vehicle I probably would have bought. I guess they're designed with the Japanese in mind.

So I think I'm going to have to go through and look at the trucks again as I'd still like one best. And there's a few more SUVs I'll go check out as well. I'm going to shoot an email off to Ford to see when the Ranger will be here and how much because I may just end up waiting for one next year. I'll check to see if they're going to be making an appearance at any of the upcoming car shows in the northeast this year.

If not, looks like I'll probably be going with the Kia Niro. Man, vehicle shopping is a PITA.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 28, 2017, 15:02 Cutter

Yes, but this proves unequivocally that Uber is a transportation company. They can engage in all the semantics they like but they're a car for hire service. And that means regulations just like everyone else has to abide by. It's like me opening a restaurant and saying I don't have to play by the rules because I'm really just a software company that facilitates people and food getting together.

You're absolutely right, the taxi service as a whole needs vast improvement and real competition. As someone who worked in the heart of cities most of his life I fucking hate cab drivers with a passion that borders on insanity. That doesn't excuse these companies from playing by the rules however. In fact it has the best chance of reflecting a true free market economy where the best product and/or service for the lowest price wins.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 28, 2017, 11:21 Cutter

We don't need no Uber let the motherfucker burn, burn motherfucker burn....

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 27, 2017, 20:49 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 19:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 18:53:
Choobeastia wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 18:34:
So far, I haven't met anyone who hasn't liked Bright. It's not the best movie, and it has its flaws, but it's fun. I feel like the critics were watching a different movie, and I wonder if their review copy really was different somehow.
I enjoyed bright and the price was right.

Same. Better story/characters than half the shit Hollywood shovels out as blockbusters. It's not amazing by any stretch, but unless you can't stand Will Smith playing a Will Smith character, it's entertaining to watch.

That's my sentiment. I really can't stand Will Smith. He's never anything but Will Smith in anything he's in. He's not a terrible actor, but he ain't exactly good either. There have been a few exceptions where he's shined, but on the whole I'd rather not watch something with him in it. Joel Edgerton on the other hand is amazing. I think Bright would have worked much better with someone other than Smith. Though it does work when he delivers lines like "We gonna titty bar gun fight die.

News Comments > FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension
2. Re: FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension Dec 27, 2017, 20:36 Cutter

Normally I'm all for accessibility but there has to be common sense and limits. If creating accessible games was profitable they'd have done it by now. I would suspect that even without a feasibility study it simply has to be a money losing situation. As it applies to the deaf, most games have subtitles anyway. As for the blind I don't understand how or why they'd want to play the majority of games anyway.

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2017, 15:43 Cutter

Thing is there are a lot of small and midsize trucks out there and more coming all starting at 25K+/- and going up from there. Next year the Ford Ranger returns - something I'm still considering waiting on. And the year after Jeep is coming out with a new Jeep Truck. And they'll be starting around 25k and 30k respectively (in Freedom Dollars of course). I can't imagine Tesla hitting anywhere close to that price point. So again, IF it happens at all it'll likely be a niche toy at best. Personally I'd like a VW Buzz before that.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2017, 15:25 Cutter

So myself and my pal went and tested the Sube-a-roo Xtrek and the Kia Niro today. I found I was much more impressed with the Niro. The power in the Crosstrek is woefully bad, and I can see why that's the number one complaint in all the reviews on the Crosstreks for any year. As one writer put it, 'totally anemic', and that's apt. It was comfortable enough and the suspension was quite nice. It's a bit loud, the CVT in particular whines as you push it up on the highway. Don't really care for the dash layout.

The Niro on the other hand once again really impressed me. Way more power, way more comfortable, much better appointed for the price point in the midline trim I tested - heated steering wheel, holy shit is that ever nice in cold weather like today. Aesthetically it's a lot nicer inside and out. Suspension not as good as the Subaru but that's only a marginal difference and it's not supposed to be an offroad vehicle either. Only downside is it isn't AWD. Upside, it's a hybrid and fuel efficiency is twice as good.

So we were both way more impressed with the Kia Niro. Tomorrow will be Der Sportsvagen! And that's what I've been leaning toward anyway, so we'll see. However I did give the Sub Outback and Impressa a second glace while I was at the dealer and the Kia Sportage as it's an AWD so I may have to check those out too.

5. Coyotes Dec 27, 2017, 11:16 Cutter

QFT....

""Urban hunters" in camoflage balaclavas shooting assault weapons with a silencer in populated areas. What could possibly go wrong?"

Spot on. Just another low self-esteem macho asshole who feels he can only express his manhood by playing the Great White Hunter and killing animals for sport. Fucking psychopath.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 27, 2017, 11:07 Cutter

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 11:00:
Ajit Pai would have demanded the death penalty. That man was depriving poor ISPs of much-earned revenue necessary for their harried existence.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they go after the VPNs next. Even if it's a battle they can't win they could tie it up in court for years if not decades to prevent people using them until a decision is reached. And you just know they'll be saying the only people that use VPNs are child molesters and terrorists.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 11:05 Cutter

And they did it all following the CIA textbook. America has been doing this in other countries since the 50s.

28217 Comments. 1411 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo