Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27387 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 17, 2017, 20:04 Cutter

Stormsinger wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 18:46:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 14:22:
Internet turns on white supremacists and neo-Nazis with doxing, phishing.

While I understand the inclination, this is just wrong. It will push them further underground. I'd rather have them out in the open where we can keep an eye on them, and ridicule them for buying Hawaiian tiki torches for their white-supremacist rally.

Keep them underground, and they won't have nearly as much success in spreading their atrocious philosophy.

Wrong. That only lends credence to the 'fact' they're being suppressed. Anything like that only gives them ammunition. I hate rampant, stupid liberalism as much as the next sane person but it doesn't mean I'm some hood-wearing, goose-stepping bigot and racist. The more the liberal mainstream tries to make me feel bad about that the more reactionary I'm going to get. That's how the Nazis came to power. Trump calling out all those assholes on the left isn't wrong. I worked a G20 summit once I've seen those clowns in action. They're just as bad if not worse and they need to be called on it. If it's not klan/nazis they'll find something to be offended by and attack it.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2017, 16:24 Cutter

Cool, thanks Bats.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 17, 2017, 16:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 14:25:
Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 13:12:
You want to eliminate racism? You first have to eliminate poverty. So long as one group of have-nots can point at a group of haves there will always be racism and bigotry. Thinking you can just censor extremist speech does nothing at all, and most likely only gives it credence and strength.

That's a big part of the equation for sure. Education is also part of it: racism tends to fester in the undereducated.

And that exists because of poverty. Everything comes back to it.

News Comments > Crackdown 3 Delayed
10. Re: Crackdown 3 Delayed Aug 17, 2017, 14:21 Cutter

There's zero technical reason to not make DX12 for earlier Windoze versions. It's simply the carrot MS dangles to try and get people to suscribe to their Windows as a service/we own all your data model they're trying to establish. No fucking thank you. I'll quit gaming before I embrace that shit.

You - XYZ corporation - don't need to know anything about me. I know you want to, but you don't need to. As far as I'm concerned the our entire relationship is nothing more than you providing me with a product that I pay for once and own and that's it. I'm not interested in monthly services/renting. And there is no free upgrade because there are no free lunches. If a company expects something in return it ain't free.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2017, 13:26 Cutter

Holy crap are you ever looking like Hunter S. Thompson there.

I would give a lot to be on that cruise to see Bonnie sing that during the eclipse.

Hah, I've nicked the old family jewels before whilst grooming there. It's why I categorically refuse to use a razor blade anywhere in my nether regions. I could only imagine the dread it's caused men down through the ages before clippers and scissors were invented. Using straight edge razors, daggers, etc.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 17, 2017, 13:12 Cutter

You want to eliminate racism? You first have to eliminate poverty. So long as one group of have-nots can point at a group of haves there will always be racism and bigotry. Thinking you can just censor extremist speech does nothing at all, and most likely only gives it credence and strength.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 22:19 Cutter

Yet Twitter won't ban Trump, the GOP, et al. People need to stop applauding these hypocritical corporations who are only pandering for business and don't give a fuck about anything except the bottom line.

Twitter has gone from bastion of free speech to global censor

And what's Spotify doing to remove all the other racist music from rappers, etc.? Nothing is what.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2017, 22:11 Cutter

Yeah, but you have to be capable of feeling shame in order for it to have any effect. Save your money and put it toward beating them next election and reversing this stupidity.

News Comments > Beast Quest Game Announced
1. Re: Beast Quest Game Announced Aug 16, 2017, 22:08 Cutter

Website doesn't show it for PC just console. Looks like a kids game however.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2017, 12:27 Cutter

And why wouldn't he reprise Bond one more time?

Ghost moose!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 12:17 Cutter

Obama's tweet is a fantasy and nothing more.

News Comments > Free Deadlight: Director's Cut
6. Re: Free Deadlight: Director's Cut Aug 16, 2017, 12:05 Cutter

I posted this on the Sale section almost 2 days ago. There was 36 hours left on it from when I posted.

News Comments > Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released
4. Re: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released Aug 15, 2017, 23:32 Cutter

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:39:
Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 19:36:
$40 for a poorly drawn and animated graphic novel? Cash grab, anyone?

Just because you think it's poorly drawn doesn't make it so...seems to be that you're in the minority of that line of thought.

As for the price, considering the source material and the follow-up releases, I'm seeing it plenty fine for $30US

No, you're in the minority who thinks it's fine because it isn't. It's objectively bad by all the standards that art is judged. And yes, it's not only overpriced for what it is, it's vastly overpriced.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
7. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 23:29 Cutter

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:43:
Haven't we gotten past games where you just spam your weapom for hours? Man, the vid game industry is way overdue for a total crash. That will be the only thing that can revive this mess!

My thoughts exactly. I just don't get the draw of these hamster wheel grind games. All companies like Blizzard, Ubisoft, et al. are just producing grind games. Wow, Density, Borderlands, Almost every game by Ubisoft, just grinding on the treadmill to level up loot or something else equally or even weaker - rep, etc.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2017, 19:47 Cutter

The judge erred and MS will win this on appeal, wait and see. His analogy is flawed because businesses are, legally, quasi-public spaces. They can refuse admittance and service whenever they so choose. And if you persist in trying to enter or further harass said business at this point you'll end up with trespass and/or harassment charge and injunction that you have to stay away from said business/property.

It should always be a situation of 'my house, my rules'. Don't like it? Fine, take your business someplace else but you don't have the right to come into my place and steal my stuff when you've been barred explicitly. They shouldn't have to go extreme measures to ensure this. It would be akin to the police not doing their job and telling the store owner to put in an expensive security system and hire security personnel for the express purpose of doing what the police are already well paid to do. That dog just won't hunt.

News Comments > Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released
1. Re: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released Aug 15, 2017, 19:36 Cutter

$40 for a poorly drawn and animated graphic novel? Cash grab, anyone?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
1. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 19:14 Cutter

Meh.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
1. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 15, 2017, 19:12 Cutter

$70 for that?!?! Effing lol!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2017, 16:41 Cutter

Creston wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 15:53:
Also, it's in, what, season 7 or 8 now or so? Your staff gets tired, your actors get bored, everything starts feeling stale. Better to finish on a high note than to just drag it out endlessly where everyone is just collecting a paycheck.

It's a 7 episode season! How the fuck can they be bored when the actual work involved for most of them is a couple of weeks at best. For the money those assholes make I'd be more than happy to be that kind of bored. It reminds me of Michael Caine's famous quote about the paycheck work he did on Jaws 3....

I have never seen it. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2017, 12:58 Cutter

I think The Dude summed it up pretty well when he said, "Fuck it."

27387 Comments. 1370 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo