Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24332 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 16, 2016, 13:53 Cutter

gg MS hypocrites lol!

"Hey! Nobody calls Moe St. Cool a phony!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RDR2 Map Leaked?
6. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 13:50 Cutter

There's never been better horse models and riding than in RDR. Every game with horse riding needs to take a page from RDR on how to do this right. I loved the shit out of RDR so I'm down like a clown, Charlie Brown. I can't imagine them bypassing this on PC this time as it's just too much money to leave on the table. It still boggles the mind they didn't port it last time.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 15, 2016, 21:34 Cutter

Why did they even bother? America is a de facto police state now anyway. Who the hell would anyone complain to? And who the hell would do it anything about if they did?

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
9. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 15, 2016, 21:31 Cutter

I'm surprised his wife is allowing him do this. I thought he was totally whipped now.

News Comments > Out of Ammo Early Access
1. Re: Out of Ammo Early Access Apr 15, 2016, 20:01 Cutter

And yet more VR shovelware.

News Comments > Trendy vs Ark Lawsuit Settled
1. Re: Trendy vs Ark Lawsuit Settled Apr 15, 2016, 19:58 Cutter

Seeing as they've only sold $10 million and dev costs are $2 million, where are they getting this $40 million from? And never mind the absurdity of $600 million but even $40 mil sounds excessive for a simple poaching case. Something sounds rather wrong here.

News Comments > Thea: The Awakening Free DLC
1. Re: Thea: The Awakening Free DLC Apr 15, 2016, 16:44 Cutter

It's a good game but it needs more balance. It ramps up difficulty way too fast. Still, look forward to trying this again with this DLC. Any Civ fans out there will easily enjoy this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: The brain on LSD revealed Apr 15, 2016, 14:51 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 13:11:

The best trip was at my first Grateful Dead show in Eugene. 50K+ people in a stadium all in a riot of colored tie-dyes, all as high as you, everyone super-positive, friendly, loving, that was an amazing experience still unparalleled by anything else.

A similar euphoria can experienced after a strenuous exercise and taking a lengthy shower. Emphasis on shower.

Uh no it can't. Not even remotely close.

“Ignore that nightmare in the bathroom. Just another ugly refugee from the Love Generation, some doom-struck gimp who couldn't handle the pressure. My attorney has never been able to accept the notion—often espoused by reformed drug abusers and especially popular among those on probation—that you can get a lot higher without drugs than with them. And neither have I, for that matter.”
- HST

15. Re: In the Dark Apr 15, 2016, 14:50 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 13:59:
Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:48:
Why not take the opportunity to research going off the grid, or at least less dependent on it? Have you looked into any combination of wind and solar for your home?

I don't think it would be possible to go off the grid completely here. Wind isn't possible due to the trees blocking most of the wind, and that also cuts into the time solar panels would be exposed to the sun. Solar panels on on the front side of the roof might work because the front of the house is in the sun for half the day, but there are so many damn pine trees that I would constantly be cleaning pine needles and sap off of them. Then you have to have a place to store the large banks of batteries, unless you get one of those Tesla batteries.

One of those Tesla batteries would be nice for the occasional power outage, but they're damn expensive. Until recently, our power hardly ever went out, and when it did it was quickly restored.

One of my neighbors has a generator, which kills being able to enjoy the peace and quite of a power outage.

Use those pines for a steam engine when the power goes out.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2016, 13:22 Cutter

"Today, terrorists and criminals are increasingly using encryption to foil law enforcement efforts, even in the face of a court order. We need strong encryption to protect personal data, but we also need to know when terrorists are plotting to kill Americans."

No they're not. Criminals - on the cutting edge - understand nothing is completely secure anymore so they're going decidedly low-tech instead. Yet, another politician who just doesn't get it. Or maybe she does and is just using it further erode the people's right privacy, liberty and security.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 13:14 Cutter

And speaking of altered conciousness, damn I wish I knew this Gonzofest was going on before yesterday. Man, I may have just made a road trip for that. Helf, as the resident Kentuckian you have to go that!

11. Re: The brain on LSD revealed Apr 15, 2016, 13:11 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:39:
Took it when I was a teenager. It is like living a combination of a dream and nightmare. There aspects to the mind that are generally controlled, compartmentalized and subdued that the drugs releases in a form of chaos. I don't recommend anyone do it. It's basically inducing a form of insanity. But, I must say it made me pity and empathize with schizophrenics. Living like that way with no hope or way out must be tormenting. I imagine that's what the majority of homeless people experience due to mental illness.

Funny, I recommend most everyone try it at least once. There's no other drug - except maybe mescaline/peyote and shrooms to a much lesser extent - that I'm aware of that can alter your consciousness and your perceptions of reality the way it does.

"Our results suggest that this effect underlies the profound altered state of consciousness that people often describe during an LSD experience. It is also related to what people sometimes call 'ego-dissolution', which means the normal sense of self is broken down and replaced by a sense of reconnection with themselves, others and the natural world. This experience is sometimes framed in a religious or spiritual way - and seems to be associated with improvements in well-being after the drug's effects have subsided."

That's a very apt assessment. I recall on on trip once a few of us went out for a walk after a rainstorm when I friend of mine noticed a bunch of earthworms in a patch of soil. We all just sat there for a time watching them in this fresh, wet, black soil. And then you look around at the grass and trees, feel the wind, smell the moisture and fresh earth in the air, and it was beautiful. All of a sudden you're aware of how you're connected to this giant great ecosystem in a very profound way you've never really paid attention to before. It was a very powerful experience. A lot more people need their consciousness altered like that even just once. Read Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception some time.

The best trip was at my first Grateful Dead show in Eugene. 50K+ people in a stadium all in a riot of colored tie-dyes, all as high as you, everyone super-positive, friendly, loving, that was an amazing experience still unparalleled by anything else.

9. Re: In the Dark Apr 15, 2016, 12:48 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 11:14:
Yesterday makes it the third time in a month that I've been without power for most of a day or longer. The first time was due to some severe storms that pretty much knocked out the whole city, and I was without power for 2 days that time. The second time though it was on a clear day, and the power was out all afternoon and not getting restored until later that night. Yesterday we had some heavy rain that morning and early afternoon, but that was it, just rain. About half an hour after the rain stopped the power went out and didn't get restored until early this morning.

I get text messages from the power co. with estimated restore time and when it comes back on. The weird thing is, I got a text saying they detected a power outage at my address and were dispatching crew, but my power was still on. Ten minutes later it began flickering then went out. I was getting ready to leave anyway, but the power was still out when I got done. I decided to go take care of some errands I was planning to do this weekend, but when I got done with those, the power was still out. I kept getting texts extending the estimated restore time. First it was 5pm, then 7pm, then 11pm. Around 9pm I decided to go out to get food. I took my tablet with me and parked in front of my sister's house to borrow her wifi so I could watch Netflix and eat. I guess they stop sending texts after a certain time because after 11pm the power was still out when I went to bed.

Each time it was trees falling in the same two spots knocking the lines down on the road my neighborhood branches off from. One place is private property and the other place is probably city property. I need to find out who to complain to because this is getting ridiculous. I'm sure the power co. is tired of fixing it too.

Why not take the opportunity to research going off the grid, or at least less dependent on it? Have you looked into any combination of wind and solar for your home?

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
5. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 12:13 Cutter

Anyone at all surprised it'd be shovelware?

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2016, 21:52 Cutter

Avatar sucked more balls than a Hoover at a ping pong tournament. Seriously, not even the fucking tree huggers want more of this tripe.

News Comments > Stellaris Preorders
3. Re: Stellaris Preorders Apr 14, 2016, 21:50 Cutter

MisterBenn wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 20:34:
I ordered, it's one of my favourite genres and I've seen enough of the game that I know I want in on day one. Also through a triumph of planning I am unemployed going into release day so I'll be able to report on a decent session even though it'll be a Monday!

Cool beans, looking forward to your report!

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access
2. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access Apr 14, 2016, 21:49 Cutter

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 20:37:
The thing I didn't care for about Starpoint Gemini 2 wasn't the lack of content...but the lack of atmosphere. It just seemed so dull and lifeless, which is unfortunate, because far older games like Privateer were the exact opposite.

Is this something they addressed with this one?

I felt the same way and said so, than the devs told me I was wrong and not entitled to my opinion...so fuck them and their shitty game.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
23. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 20:13 Cutter

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 13:44:
Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:56:
Not at all. Shallow and repetitive as ED is this is worse. This is a walking simulator set in space.

I think your time machine`s broken brah. Seems you`re stuck in the period before the news blowout when the "walking sim" jibe might`ve had some merit.

Read this and tell me there`s no gameplay:how-to-play-no-mans-sky-a-detailed-breakdown

I get the hurr durr need2hate because Sony somethin hype somethin console etc but seriously, y`all is barking up the wrong planet here.

Sure, it might still turn out to be broken/lame but you can`t say this based on current info. As it is, it`s got the biggest potential to be something special, of all the games in the works now or released recently.

Yeah, sure thing, Scooter. After 3 hours in when you've come to the realization you just wasted $60 US and you uninstall it to never touch it again do drop by and let us know how wrong we all were. Lol!
Toff

News Comments > Stellaris Preorders
1. Re: Stellaris Preorders Apr 14, 2016, 20:00 Cutter

High hopes for this one, but Ima wait and see first.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2016, 12:07 Cutter

ZeroPike1 wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:34:
I'm also sporting Mirrored sunglasses, its very nice. It makes you stand out in a crowd while hiding behind two mirrors

It sure does, 'Hey check out the giant douchenozzle perv in the mirrored shades over there, lol!'

24332 Comments. 1217 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo