Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24353 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Wtf Apr 21, 2016, 14:15 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:31:
Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:24:
Prince died.

Damn. He was a great artist and one hell of a guitar player. Saw him on the Lovesexy tour ages ago.

Yeah, I don't know anyone who doesn't like Prince. He's one of those guys that transcended a lot of barriers. Had a few chances to go see him over the years and never did and I've always regretted that.

"Hey! Nobody calls Moe St. Cool a phony!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 14:13 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:38:
Kvetchist wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 12:02:
RoboNerd wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 09:48:
Re: Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on the front of the $20 bill.

I don't know about this, why not stick to the Dead Presidents?

Seriously? You have two exceptions on paper money already (not to mention numerous examples on coins): "Non-Presidents that have appeared on US currency include: Benjamin Franklin (US founding father, $100 bill), Alexander Hamilton (first US Secretary of Treasury, $10 bill"

By "dead presidents" he meant "dead white men."

It's nice to have another example on our money of a defining piece of our heritage and more representative of the nation's demographics. To those naysayers, I'll just remind you that the way things are going, Harriet Tubman will soon be replaced by Ayn Rand, so just be patient.

Well if you want a female on a bill there a lot better ones to choose from. What's wrong with having white people on the bills? They're the majority who settled and built the country. Are are you feeling pangs of white liberal guilt? Hell, why not put a Chinese railroad worker on a bill? How about an image of an Indian slaughtered at Wounded Knee? Gotta make sure whitey never stops feeling guilty, right?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2016, 12:31 Cutter

NetHead wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 11:10:
Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 09:54:
Wow, fuck Lexmark and that idiot judge. Thanks yet again EFF.

What could possibly go wrong with this, if they can do it with printer cartridges it's not as if they could do it with coffee machines, lightbulbs, computer hardware.

It's not as if someone like Apple would force people to use only "Apple Approved" re-chargers on their cars to lock them into some kind of overpriced system or get punished...

Corporate entities would never "punish" people for a lack of brand loyalty or using things they've bought in ways users see fit.

Besides doesn't that sound nice companies being able to hand out punishment on consumers for failing to abide by an invisible bit of text.

Especially with the whole drive of "The Internet of Things", your devices could report you for being a bad bad "criminal", you don't want to be a criminal do you, they're bad as the word suggests. We may as well skip the whole thing of the device reporting to the manufacturer and just call the police instead, streamline things and get Govs/taxes to foot bills. You don't want to be one of those people that download cars.

What a bright future.

To paraphrase Yoda, 'begun the corporate wars have'. And after all, the Prison Industrial Complex is enormous business. And there's no better - and more profitable - way of stripping citizens of their rights and turning them into permanent indentured servants.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 10:01 Cutter

I've never thought politicians should be on money anyway because fuck them. I'm all for popularist folk heroes on money but Harriet Tubman? Come on, that's just pandering. Why not put it to a vote on the Treasury website?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2016, 09:54 Cutter

Wow, fuck Lexmark and that idiot judge. Thanks yet again EFF.

News Comments > AER Trailer
1. Re: AER Trailer Apr 21, 2016, 09:47 Cutter

If the only thing you can do is fly around and check out the game world shouldn't that world at least be beautiful and visually interesting?

News Comments > RUINER Announced
2. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 09:45 Cutter

Ok, colour me curious.

News Comments > John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration
9. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 20, 2016, 22:10 Cutter

SirKnight wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 22:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 21:37:
Ya know if I wanted to be someone's bitch, I just go to the local leather bar in a pair of chaps.

Make sure they are butt-less chaps for the most fun to be had!

Chaps are assless by definition otherwise they're pants.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 20, 2016, 22:09 Cutter

Wow that looks...awful. Just awful. Please, just stop with the remakes. Especially now they have to make then PC inclusive. Christ, I'm amazed that's there even any shooting going on. I'd have though they'd sit down with some SJW counselor and talk it out their problems over some sympathy tea.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Bretonnians Revealed
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Bretonnians Revealed Apr 20, 2016, 21:45 Cutter

Hah! They're so English!

News Comments > John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration
4. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 20, 2016, 21:42 Cutter

Oh come on, that was funny. Can't say I have any real expectations here but I'm curious.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer
4. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer Apr 20, 2016, 18:03 Cutter

Have y'all seen Man'O'War Corsair?

Looks sweet - though very early. Ass Creed Blag Flag ship combat comes to Warhammer.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2016, 16:15 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 14:10:
LEGENDARY SYNTHWAVE

And that's why the 80s ruled!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2016, 16:13 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 16:00:
Seriously, this guy went the WRONG direction with this. I'd MAYBE understand if someone had said "I'm suicidal and you're my only hope" (to a streamer), but saying he was part of him NOT killing himself should have only been met with a "Oh wow, thanks! I had no idea anything I did had that level of effect on anyone!".

Unfortunately, people abuse "depression" more than people abuse the word "rape", and have made it something no one cares about because everyone claims to have it. I personally don't understand it, but I imagine it's like the days I just can't bother to give a shit, but the part 10 minutes later where I realize I have to nut up and be an adult never happens.

Some days I wonder if all these depressed people were coddled through their 'teens by their parents, and when reality was finally allowed to come knocking, they're terrified to answer.

In any case, that guy did the wrong thing, and went all-in on his very wrong decision. And it actually bit him in the ass, so that happened.

Being depressed because you're unemployed and broke or in a shitty job and in debt or a bad or no relationship isn't the same thing as depression. You're talking about a biochemical imbalance that leaves people in a permanent state without meds to correct it. But even if it's the former - which it is for most - have a little sympathy for the devil.

News Comments > P.O.L.L.E.N Released
5. Re: P.O.L.L.E.N Released Apr 20, 2016, 13:24 Cutter

All this VR shovelware is going to kill VR before it even has a chance to get going. Seriously, is there even 1 game coming out this year that is worthy of VR? Because I'm sure as shit not seeing anything that justifies buying a $500-$1000 dollar system for it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2016, 13:22 Cutter

Green's News?

Federal marijuana legislation to be introduced in spring 2017, Philpott says

Of course, it being the liberal party means foot dragging and no real change for years. That or so watered down and onerous so as to amount to no real change at all.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair told reporters he believes the legalization policy proposed by the Liberals is just another broken promise. He says the only thing the Liberals have done so far is appoint Bill Blair.

Mulcair called for the immediate decriminalization of marijuana, saying that complicated issues like supply can be dealt with later.

"It's a massive waste of time, effort and energy of our entire criminal justice system," he said.

That sums it up about right.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2016, 10:44 Cutter

Wow, asshole of the year contender right there. Must be a Trump or Hillary supporter.

News Comments > The Banner Saga 2 Released
2. Re: The Banner Saga 2 Released Apr 19, 2016, 22:03 Cutter

The art was fantastic but the gameplay was pretty meh. They would have been better just doing a interactive tale.

News Comments > GameStop's Publishing Division
12. Re: GameStop's Publishing Division Apr 19, 2016, 16:13 Cutter

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 12:14:
Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 23:24:
When have they ever displayed anything but? They buy games for a fraction of what they sell them for and sell them for $5 less than new. That's common sense like a fox

I`d call it criminal sense, not common.

Why? No one is forcing anyone to do it. No one is stopping anyone else building a business with a better competitive model. That's how the free market works, buy low sell high. Last I checked Gamestop is not a charity.

News Comments > Meridian: Squad 22 Early Access Next Month
2. Re: Meridian: Squad 22 Early Access Next Month Apr 19, 2016, 16:06 Cutter

yonder wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 15:35:
Sad

At first I was hoping it was a stand-alone add-on to Meridian 59...

Lol that was my first thought too.

24353 Comments. 1218 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo