Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25842 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 9, 2016, 20:25 Cutter

So Blizzard did what it was actually obligated to do. How does this make this newsworthy, much less worthy of praise?

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 14:34 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 13:22:
Can someone remind me when the Steam winter sale is going to start. There was an estimated time, leaked about a week back. Naturally I forgot to write it down.

Edit: Looks like it might be Dec 22.

Yeah, generally Dec 22. - Jan 2.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 14:34 Cutter

panbient wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:50:
Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:19:
I'll never understand people who call articles like this "one-sided."

How is this not one-sided?

If you happened to be super old school and read this in a print newspaper you would have the story of a single special needs boy being spun as representative of the impact of video games on a generation of youths. While the online version does have loads of links to support other ancillary claims this is really an article about one single family's experience and not an exploration into reclusive social behaviour. It's almost like you didn't actually read the article.

As for the actual article that whole angle about the 'negative' impact of games because dialog lines would pop into his head... I mean, I know haters are going to hate, hate, hate, hate! Just shake it off, shake it off!

Am I right? And now get that out of your head.

Oh, but when the earworm comes from a video game it's totally due to addiction. Right. Because no one has ever had a catch phrase or ad slogan or song hook just pop into their heads just because they hear it so much. Nope... gotta be addiction.

Stop feeding the trolls!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 11:27 Cutter

New trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes. Can't wait for it. However, we already know how it runs out, right?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 11:23 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 11:13:
In the plus column, Kirk Douglas turns 100 today! Amazingly enough, his wife is 97 and they have been together 62 years and are still together. I'm pretty sure I would NEVER live this long nor would I want to but it is an amazing feat.

The man has always been one of my all time favorite actors. In fact I'd probably rate him my #2 right behind Paul Newman. All his work from Spartacus to Seven Days in May. His best work - which is also his personal favorite film and mine - is Lonely Are The Brave. It's a must see film.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 11:17 Cutter

Enh, really tired of Marvel's formulaic flicks. I do like the new costume however. I still feel they should be casting a slightly more 'matoor' Peter Parker in his early 20s. When they cast the kids they don't come off as the intelligent, wisecracking guy that Spidey is but just smartass punks. I guess I always liked how they portrayed Spidey in the old 1960s cartoon. That guy had the coolest voice and the show had the best music.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 9, 2016, 11:10 Cutter

They considered whether they could legally force a suspect's finger or thumb on to the device's fingerprint reader to unlock it, but found they had no such power.

However, they concluded they could stage their own lawful "street robbery" - using a similar snatch technique to a thief - and in June a team set out to do precisely that.

How in the fucking fuck is that legal? Really so cops in Britain can just walk up to you and take anything they like whenever they feel like it? Britain, wtf?! Every day I see this insane news about Britian it just looks more and more Orwellian. Glad my ancestors left in that case.

And yet again another major corporation caught in commission of a crime and no one goes to jail, much less even get fired.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2016, 11:01 Cutter

IPspoofing ftw!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 10:32 Cutter

ldonyo wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:11:
A one-sided scare piece. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this as a catalyst for yet another Trumpian pronouncement of something that just has to be stopped.

No, it's just media clickbait as usual. Something has to be an "epidemic" or they'll make it into one, That's why I don't bother with mainstream daily news, it's always been "clickbait".

'This common household chemical could be putting you and your family in grave danger. Find out more at 11."

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 23:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 20:12:
Godspeed, John Glenn.

Beat me to it. Looks like it's time for another viewing of The Right Stuff in the next couple of weeks.

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 23:01 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 20:39:
Also, Greg Lake of King Crimson and ELP has passed. He was 69.

I think this song of his can serve as a dirge of sorts.

I was never into them, but a chick I used to bang for a while was. She did a striptease for me to some song of theirs on our first date. Wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to the music.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 8, 2016, 22:50 Cutter

The CEO said the plan is "to offer 1 Gbps broadband service...and then offer an over-the-top bundle" of video service.

So what? A grand a month plus heavy data caps, sound about right? And you have to love the coverage...somewhere from 200ft to 1000ft...maybe, sorta, kinda, and only with cells on telephone poles anyway. Rolleyes

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER DLC and Free Content
2. Re: Total War WARHAMMER DLC and Free Content Dec 8, 2016, 22:44 Cutter

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 22:21:
Waaaaay to much nickle and diming with this title. I am very disappointed and wish I hadn't bought it now.

Isn't that Warhammer's MO?

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
14. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 18:20 Cutter

Peter M. Smith wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 15:09:
Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:03:
Just look at those fucking gift bags for the Oscars. It's goddamned obscene.

Oscar gift bags are pure marketing, and you've proven that the marketing is successful. People talk about them at the shows, talk about them after the shows, and people are bringing them up in conversations about something else.

You think offending people to their core qualifies as successful? You should probably go to work doing PR for the KKK. I'm sure you'll consider your work an unqualified success in that case.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Survival Video
3. Re: Conan Exiles Survival Video Dec 8, 2016, 13:30 Cutter

Yeah, well I'm sure it'll be finished and optimized before ARK ever will be - if it ever does. Animations and visuals look a bit rough but it's early. I'm more concerned with if this is PvP only or not. If it is I'm out. Just not down with the grief-fest thanks. All I want to do is build, explore, and make thralls contemplate things on the Tree of Woe.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2016, 13:24 Cutter

Blue, do you listen to Oliva Newton John's Physical before your physical?

6. Re: Worst air pollution in ten years? Dec 8, 2016, 13:23 Cutter

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:14:
You don't say? How's that 70% of all cars being "clean diesel" working out for ya there, Paris?

That's the fault of crooks like VW, not Paris. And it shows how good the Metro is to handle that sort of volume. Most cities couldn't handle that - and that's the problem. A great many systems are woefully underfunded and outdated.

News Comments > Global Virtual Reality Association Formed
1. Re: Global Virtual Reality Association Formed Dec 8, 2016, 13:04 Cutter

If you want VR to take off make an open source compatible format everyone can use.

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
5. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 13:03 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 12:18:
Vertigo Games: Hi, you are already wealthy, so have something for free!

vs.

Joe Average: What? You poor guys want freebies? F#*! YOU!

Great times we live in, really.

What was that Adam Sandler film where he was the sick and dying comedian. And they're in his garage and he has all this stuff there, and he says it was all free, and how amazing it is that when you're poor and nobody no one will give you the time of day but the richer and more famous you get the more free shit they give you. Just look at those fucking gift bags for the Oscars. It's goddamned obscene.

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 09:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 20:53:
@ Cutter

Looks like the game actually exists though.

That's still technically not proof, just a picture on a website.

25842 Comments. 1293 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo