Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25113 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Content Creator Pack: Art Deco
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Content Creator Pack: Art Deco Sep 1, 2016, 21:25 Cutter

Love me some art deco!

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mortal Kombat XL Next Month
3. Re: Mortal Kombat XL Next Month Sep 1, 2016, 20:37 Cutter

MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > ARK Expansion
3. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 1, 2016, 20:32 Cutter

Oh seriously, fuck these guys. Optimize and finish your goddamned game already! These guys are yet another perfect example of why to avoid EA games. I so regret I ever gave these assholes dime one.

News Comments > VR Funhouse Mod Editor
2. Re: VR Funhouse Mod Editor Sep 1, 2016, 20:28 Cutter

When a company does it it's not a mod, it's advertising.

News Comments > BT Steamed at Valve: Suing
17. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 18:26 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 16:55:
What a weird target though...
Should have gone after someone that couldn't afford the legal defense.

I guess it's a catch 22 for guys like that though. You want to go after big money but the big money also has the means to fight back.

Not really. Most of the time even the big money rolls over. It all comes down to what they stand to gain vs. lose with licensing vs. legal fees.

10. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 15:29 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 13:33:
I fervently hope BT loses this case, but like most patent suits, they filed in Delaware or Texas, both of which have courts and judges that strongly support any patent claim, no matter how ridiculous.

The Patent Office and patents in general need a major overhaul, but it's not just that aspect of the system, plenty of judges and lawyers, in Texas especially, knowingly support patent trolls for big settlements and trial awards.

They also count on extremely ignorant juries if it does go to trial. Do you think the average person off the street, swept up for jury duty, is going to side with Steam, even if they understand the issue? "Fat game nerds with billions? Those fuckers! I'll make sure they lose it all!"

Good luck, Valve.

Are you kidding me? Any shot at revenge against a phone company is an opportunity the vast majority of people would leap at! No one will ever side with a phone or cable company if they can help it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 11:23 Cutter

I saw it and I agree, major letdown, and completely antithetic to what Bats is supposed to be and stand for. I don't know what on earth possessed them to make it.

4. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 11:08 Cutter

BT is not a patent troll, they're a practicing entity, that's a major difference. Regardless, the problem isn't even the laws on the books, it's the USPTO. They lack the experts required to grant most of these patents in the first place. A good 95% of these sorts of patents should have never been granted to begin with. A great many of them are simply 'XYZ that already exists but it's being done...on a computer.'

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2016, 20:24 Cutter

The FBI has always been a bunch of goosestepping fascists who feel the Constitution doesn't apply to them. They're probably the most anti-American government agency there is.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 20:21 Cutter

And anyone around here would care about this why? Or maybe there's a large, silent millenial-tween demographic on Blues we're unaware of?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2016, 15:38 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 13:06:
Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 10:37:
Doncha just love when journos proclaim statements on behalf of everyone else? The films "we" love?" Who's "we" paleface? Saw a lot of that recently up here with a lot of the media jumping on the bandwagon proclaiming how The Targically Hip are "Canada's band" and everyone loves them. No they're not and no they don't.

First world problem.

That's one of the most asinine memes in existence. If one of your kids gets cancer and ides I'll remember to say, 'First world problem.' Because every fucking problem in the first world is a first world fucking problem isn't it? Problems are fucking problems regardless of where you live. Some bigger, some smaller, but still fucking problems, right?

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 15:36 Cutter

Games are hella more expensive now - triple A at least. Even 3 years ago we were on par with the US now we pay $20 more a game. Over a 30% increase in price in just 3 years. And they wonder why we flock to G2A and the like.

News Comments > Free Play Coming to EVE Online
6. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Aug 31, 2016, 15:33 Cutter

No one cares. It's a game for griefers by griefers which is why it always has been and always will be a niche game F2P or not.

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
15. Re: I think Aug 31, 2016, 10:40 Cutter

EndoSkull wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 00:46:
I think the problem with the new releases are not bringing anything new.

New story - updated graphics - a novel feature - but in the end - it's the same engine.

It would be nice if they would explore trying something really different - actual AI with agendas is one I'd like to see - not scripted stuff - but AI's the enter the world and change it - not crazy like - was it stalker? Don't recall - but something that changes each game...

Really not looking forward to Elderscrolls either unless they try - oh i don't know...something new? Maybe coop? Maybe the same as suggested above?

Arggg..waste of time posting... someday we'll see something groundbreaking - i hope.

Yeah, but that's always been Bethsoft's Achilles heel. What they excel at are crafting interesting worlds. I never liked their games until Oblivion arrived and that was simply because of the world itself. The writing/story/etc. were just as abysmal as always.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2016, 10:37 Cutter

Doncha just love when journos proclaim statements on behalf of everyone else? The films "we" love?" Who's "we" paleface? Saw a lot of that recently up here with a lot of the media jumping on the bandwagon proclaiming how The Targically Hip are "Canada's band" and everyone loves them. No they're not and no they don't.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 10:20 Cutter

Yeah, but the vast majority of games don't see pre-orders. It's only major stuff like GTA, et al. that will see a lot of them.

8. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 31, 2016, 00:18 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 23:31:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 23:09:
I played so much of the original game that I can't find the interest required to play the DLC. I started Far Harbor and even started a game with the survival mode or whatever, but it feels pointless. It did the same thing with Fallout 3 and NV. I ate up all the Skyrim DLC though. Don't know why that is.

It's because the game has no real "hook" and the setting is (imo) far worse/formulaic than even Fallout 3

Well.. as I said, that is why I think that happens. Happened to me too

Yeah, I wasn't big on the whole nebulous boogeyman of the wastes. It was all unnecessarily complicated. That's why the first Fallout is still the best. Go find McGuffin. Adventure ensues.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2016, 21:48 Cutter

Fast forward three years. The case is now closed. Days ago, a Silicon Valley federal judge signed off (PDF) on a settlement (PDF). The lawyers won, they were awarded $4 million (Ł3 million), and the public got nothing. What's more, the settlement allows Yahoo to continue to scan e-mails without non-Yahoo users' consent. (Yahoo Mail customers have granted consent to the scanning as a condition of using the service.)

Gee, and some people wonder why most people have no faith/hate politicians/lawyers and the legal system.

2. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 30, 2016, 21:31 Cutter

Yeah, if they put the season pass on 50% off for Xmas I'll grab it at that point and do a new playthrough over the holidays, otherwise I'll wait. Agreed that does look fun.

News Comments > PS Now PC Streaming Begins
1. Re: PS Now PC Streaming Begins Aug 30, 2016, 21:17 Cutter

PS When?

Edit: Fucking lulz! So a PS4 controller is required. So for us north of the border to get started it'd be $60 for the controler - cheapest I could find up here on a quick search, and either $26 per month or $130 for the year. So at least $200...to stream console games? Fucking lulz once more!

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2016, 21:27.

25113 Comments. 1256 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo