Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25981 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 5, 2017, 13:05 Cutter

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 10:37:
Found a video I wanted to share here of some very cool real-time rendering tech being worked on (nVidia gameworks / unreal engine 4) currently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQSzmngTbtw

That was effing impressive. Thanks for that.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > VR Rifle and Haptic Vest Revealed
4. Re: VR Rifle and Haptic Vest Revealed Jan 5, 2017, 12:51 Cutter

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:12:
Not sure about PTSD so much as there is no real threat of imminent danger or death, which I believe is one of the major factors to creating PTSD.

One thing I wonder is: how long before someone walks by a window at a house / apt and sees someone pointing this around in their home and then freaks out and calls the cops.

And then because they've got a helmet and earphones on with the sound cranked up they don't hear the SWAT team giving him commands so he gets his head blown off. Hell, you just need to be a black man holding one of those to get shot. Who are we kidding, he wouldn't even need to be holding it. Zing!

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > The Plague Revealed
1. Re: The Plague Revealed Jan 5, 2017, 12:49 Cutter

Ok, I'm curious.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
23. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 12:41 Cutter

The only requirement is a 25 Mbps or faster internet connection and a Mac or Windows PC

That the minimum? So it's probably double that at least. So for a lot of people that would mean paying a lot a more for internet - and that's not even addressing the issue of data caps - and you still have to own the game, and they have to support said game, and it all the stars are aligned just right and there's no traffic on the net or DDOS events going on or what have you than you can play a game at a slightly better graphical level...for $8US a month. Yeah, I'm sure this will go over like gangbusters. Rolleyes

Edit: Oh yeah and with Trumpco killing net neutrality you can bet service providers will now start charging a premium to shuttle that traffic back and forth too. All in all it's a terrible idea.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 4, 2017, 23:13 Cutter

I can't see it being anything other than a typical BiowarEA game. Maybe they took a page from Witcher 3 on how to do make a good game, but I doubt it.

News Comments > Alien Covenant VR Experience Plans
14. Re: Alien Covenant VR Experience Plans Jan 4, 2017, 19:42 Cutter

When does the military not want every kind of conceivable weapon in its inventory? And more on the mark, when does a corporation involved in the MIC not want all those various weapons to sell? Just look at the US military, several hundred billion dollars a year on shit they don't need. Better to have it and not need it mentality.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 15:05 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 12:35:
I resolve not to succumb to the superstitious mumbo-jumbo around hanging a new calendar on the wall. Not sure why that ranks a holiday.

And you kids get off my lawn! Fight

What superstition would that be? I've never heard of one related to calendars.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2017, 15:03 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 14:55:
One can only speculate what WWIII with Russia would have been like under a Clinton regime.

Really? Cause last I checked its the GOP who like to start wars. How else can they continue to let the MIC continue to needlessly rape the American taxpayer? In fact, let's speculate, what's the next big war the GOP has in the pipe? What's the next big false flag 911 that'll allow it to happen and finally strip the American people of the last vestiges of their civil liberties and human rights?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 13:51 Cutter

The surprising vote came on the eve of the start of a new session of Congress, where emboldened Republicans are ready to push an ambitious agenda on everything from health care to infrastructure, issues that will be the subject of intense lobbying from corporate interests. The House Republicans’ move would take away both power and independence from an investigative body, and give lawmakers more control over internal inquiries.

Surprising to whom exactly?

“Poor way to begin draining the swamp,” Tom Fitton, president of the conservative group Judicial Watch, said on Twitter. He added, “Swamp wins with help of @SpeakerRyan, @RepGoodlatte.

Lol! There really is one born every minute isn't there?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 2, 2017, 21:40 Cutter

Jesus, the state of media is just so fucking bad these days. Are there any real, actual journalists left out there? WaPo used to be one of the best newspapers ever there was, not it's just tabloid bullshit from blog writers.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 2, 2017, 21:36 Cutter

Probe results? Uh same as fucking always? Putting profits ahead of people.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2017, 14:40 Cutter

Well, I finisbed 11th. I missed one week of picks this year so that really hurt.

And I'm sorry about your Giants losing to the Packers for the wildcard, Blue. Oh wait! That happens next week.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2017, 14:04 Cutter

Last October, one of Trump’s FCC transition team members, former Sprint regulatory policy manager Mark Jamison, wrote an essay arguing that the FCC should be stripped of almost its authority other than managing radio spectrum licenses. “Most of the original motivations for having an FCC have gone away,” Jamison wrote. “Telecommunications network providers and ISPs are rarely, if ever, monopolies. If there are instances where there are monopolies, it would seem overkill to have an entire federal agency dedicated to ex ante regulation of their services.”

Why does media never call these guys on their bullshit? So he either honestly believes this in which case he's woefully incompetent or he's lying through his teeth and he knows it. They should be hounding people who do this and saying 'Put up or shut up.' Let's see the evidence of that because we have fucking heaps of evidence that it's precisely the opposite of your claim and you fucking know it, you fucking souless money-grubbing shill.

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
21. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 21:21 Cutter

Yeah, most of the DLC not being on sale for a lot of games was a real piss-off. There's some I definitely wanted to pick up but it either wasn't on sale at all or still laughingly overpriced.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 1, 2017, 16:52 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 11:46:
Cpmartins wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 11:41:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 23:11:
butthurt middle aged men of bluesnews are gonna butthurt
You forgot "white". Can't skip that one.

Because people with non-european roots respect women's rights better, right?

Well obviously. We're all that's evil in the world, as we're all rich, privileged and have absolutely no problems whatsoever. Everyone else are all paragons of what's good and right in the world.

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
6. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 16:46 Cutter

I bought Survivalist and that's it.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2017, 00:05 Cutter

Just turned on the tube for the countdown. Tuned into Carson Daly with Mel B. for a minute...goddamn she is looking fine! Always had the hots for her when the Spice Girls fist showed up.

Ahh well, here's to one more trip around the sun completed at least. Bon Voyage for this one, fellas!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 21:43 Cutter

Aww, touching and a wee bit sad....

George Michael in James Corden's first Carpool Karaoke for Comic Relief

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 19:40 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 18:55:
FUCK UPVOTE/DOWNVOTE. KEEP IT SIMPLE. When you confuckulate a perfectly simple system you're asking for more bullshit then was previously intended/desired.

Exactly. Then you get people tailoring posts to stoke their own ego and no one actually discusses things after that.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2016, 19:37 Cutter

Duke Christopheles wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 17:12:
Life has a simple answer response to the author of this piece: stop whining about it and actively work towards a solution. Anyone can write a piece to complain, it takes this thing called 'conviction' to be a problem solver.

Exactly. That's always been my take on it. You think you can do better? Than go do it. Maybe, the reason 95% of protagonists in games have been white males is because that's the target demographic? It's always so easy to gamble other people's money, isn't it?

25981 Comments. 1300 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo