Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27831 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Shutting Down
6. Re: Marvel Heroes Shutting Down Nov 15, 2017, 20:59 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 20:14:
I had really hoped one of the expansions would've given us a mission editor. It would have been fun to play around with setting your own goals and dialogue for the Savage Land, Xavier's school and the other locales and characters that they had in the game. Maybe Avengers Project will have some kind of user content capability.

Exactly. I'll never ever ever ever understand why these types of games don't come with editors. Allow your community to do the work - well a good deal of it anyway - for you. Yeah there'll be a lot of crap but no shortage or real quality material as well that will make people want to stick around and continue to make you money. That ever CRPG or ARPG isn't built like NWN just boggles my mind. If I was ever going to make one of those games you can be damn sure an easy to use, powerful editor for players to use would be top of the list.

And no, AP sounds really bad as it's going to be a 3rd person cover based "social" game. Rolleyes

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 15, 2017, 19:23 Cutter

Drippy dick?

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer
1. Re: SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer Nov 15, 2017, 19:22 Cutter

Wow, visuals are impressive at any rate.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 15, 2017, 19:21 Cutter

So like if a psychopath is looking for hookers to kill this'll make it easier to find them?

News Comments > Etherland Revealed
1. Re: Etherland Revealed Nov 15, 2017, 19:20 Cutter

Zug zug?

News Comments > Deep Sky Derelicts Early Access
1. Re: Deep Sky Derelicts Early Access Nov 15, 2017, 19:18 Cutter

Might be a good little time-waster of a game.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches Nov 15, 2017, 19:17 Cutter

So is this the POE that'll be any good?

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Shutting Down
1. Re: Marvel Heroes Shutting Down Nov 15, 2017, 19:16 Cutter

So I'm guessing their license expired and Marvel said something to the effect of 'We want 10x as much monies now!' To which Gazillion replied something like, 'Eff you. We're out.'

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 13:47 Cutter

So I felt like going for a drive last night and hopped into American Trucker for a little jaunt in America's beautiful southwest - btw anyone get the New Mexico DLC yet? I'll probably grab it at Xmas. So listening to the internet radio I found a station out of Branson MO by the name of Heartland Public Radio and they play classic country - 50s & 60s - and they were playing all this old trucker music. It was so sweet! When I was kid and used to hang out at my cousin's place my aunt and uncle were big into the old country music so it's a definite flashback for me. And what's more I really like the stuff, whereas all the new country these days is just corporate pop-country garbage. Anyway give 'em a listen if you like real country music....

HPR1 Country Classics

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 15, 2017, 13:31 Cutter

I have no doubt that they can do that. I also have no doubt it will be completely unaffordable to all but the 1%, so what the fuck good is that to the planet?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 13:28 Cutter

Yeah, it'd be really hard to top W3. And hyping it like that isn't doing them any favors at all. Like the old expression goes, the greater the expectation, the greater the letdown. Forget the hype machine and let the finished product do the talking.

News Comments > Surviving Mars Resource Trailer
1. Re: Surviving Mars Resource Trailer Nov 15, 2017, 13:25 Cutter

So you have to science the shit out of the shit?

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access
4. Re: Wild West Online Early Access Nov 15, 2017, 13:21 Cutter

So they want people to pay to beta test the game? Yeah see you when you're F2P in a few months. Seeing the fists pumping while running is really irritating.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 14, 2017, 21:50 Cutter

Fucking Pai, man. That asshole so needs to die in a fire.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2017, 21:50 Cutter

“Although criminal charges have not been filed, her behavior is contrary to this office’s core principle of integrity, and it will not be tolerated,” the statement said. “As public servants, we represent the people of Dallas County and are examples of justice, professionalism, and ethical behavior both inside and outside of the courtroom.”

Yet another motherfucker in law enforcement who skates without so much as a slap on the wrist. Anyone else would have been arrested, gone to jail, and then lost their job. Hope the driver sues the shit out of that bitch and DFW too!

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana
2. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 14, 2017, 21:17 Cutter

God am I ever looking forward to this! Making some city-slicker liberals squeal like a pig! Mayke 'Murica grate agin!

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 14, 2017, 16:35 Cutter

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:56:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:24:
Than stop supporting the assholes doing it. How fucking hard is that?

Sorry to tell you that happened 20 years ago with the rise of ultima online, everquest and world of warcraft. Steam and mmo's like that paved the way for normalizing all this shit.

Once people "accepted" mmo's as not being fraudulently ripped of (paying monthly for a game you never own) the rest was inevitable.

WoW let us remember was the most successful mmo on the planet with 10 million plus people playing it, that is a lot of fucking stupid people. Non gamers were playing it which is why microtransactions became inevitable. People I know that were not computer literate were playing wow.

AKA the end of computer literate people being the bulk of game buyers stopped when computers and high speed internet became affordable for the masses of tech illiterate fools.

Apples and oranges, man. MMOs provide new content, constant changes, tweaks and balances. That's what you're paying for. A standalone game provides patches for issues and DLC sometimes free but mostly not. MMOs provide a lot of content for your money, generally a metric shit ton more than a standalone game. Hence the size of their budgets and the need to recoup that with more than a one time purchase. Not to mention staff, bandwith, hardware, etc. They are completely different things.

I don't have a problem paying for a service if it's something I want and feel it provides the value for the cost of said service - just most services don't IMO. And just because Blizzard does it and gets away with it doesn't mean everyone else does. I played WoW but I never bought any of their mounts or any of that scheisse. I do agree about Steam however. That was much more of a curse than a blessing. But that's really about governments in the pockets of corporations. At least in the EU or certain countries at any rate - Steam has to allow for customers to sell their games and get rid of them if they want. We should have those rights too, but that's on us and our political system, not Valve.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2017, 12:36 Cutter

fishingtime wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 11:35:
Bill Gates is a fraud

STFU and go away already. Seriously.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2017, 12:34 Cutter

Yes, but only morons pay attention to these troll armies and we already know how they vote anyway. Their influence is massively over exaggerated. No, the reason the Dems managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory was because of their insistence of Hillary being the one and screwing over Bernie as they did it. They just knew better than everyone else...and look where it got them.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2017, 12:28 Cutter

Apple supporters are such assholes. What a fucking vain clown he is. Why not just buy a rugged phone for a tenth of the price and not have to worry about a goddamned phone to begin with? The stupidity and vanity of people never ceases to amaze me.

27831 Comments. 1392 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo