Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24548 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2016, 23:25 Cutter

None. Elvis is the most famous rock star in the world still decades after his death. Yet, all he did was sing other peoples music. There isn't a pop/rock star alive or dead that will be remembered in 300 years because it's not like the music is complex enough to warrant it. There is literally scores of music between the great classical composers and now that know one will ever know of.

The reason we still keep on with classical is because of its complexity. Think for a second how difficult it is to write a classical piece. Something few people could do then and fewer even today. If anything I'd argue it'd probably be people like John Williams who'd be remembered if anyone.

Enh, doesn't matter. Species won't last that long anyway. 2050, it's all over but the crying at that point.

"Hey! Nobody calls Moe St. Cool a phony!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Early Access Release Unreleased May 24, 2016, 19:36 Cutter

VogelAP wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:43:
I had LASIK many years ago (2001!) and I was nervous as well. But the results were well worth any anxiety! I love it and would do it again... http://www.drewvogel.com/2001/06/28/our-experience-with-laser-vision-correction/

Yeah, but that's the thing. For the vast majority it goes swimmuingly. But when it goes wrong....and unfortunately for some elective surgeries do go wrong. I've never heard of anyone blinded by Lasik, but lots of other problems. Same with the nasal surgery I was looking at. If it goes wrong it can really fuck up your sinuses in a major way and it does happen from time to time so is the risk worth it?

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2016, 11:26 Cutter

Gord Downie, Tragically Hip singer, has terminal cancer

Holy crap. Dunno if the Tragically Hip ever caught on in the US but they're a big deal in Canada. Geez, I actually worked lighting for their first CD release at the Diamond Club decades ago!

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2016, 11:07 Cutter

Holy crap you're spending a lot of time and money for VR. Again, this is just another reason I see it failing yet again. And we don't even have any idea if there will be any long term repercussions from it. It may end up like The Jerk where you end up going cross-eyed or develop seizures or something.

As for laser surgery it's smart to be cautious. I have a deviated nasal septum that I'd like to correct but the risks are heavy. Even though the surgery is fine in 99% of all cases if it doesn't work you can end up with some very serious problems. Do you want to risk that sort of thing for something which is only really an annoyance anyway?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2016, 10:46 Cutter

Wrong. If all these corps out there are wrong about AI it's a problem for everyone.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots May 24, 2016, 10:45 Cutter

White on white translucent black capes....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 23, 2016, 14:09 Cutter

Wow, what a bad judgement. Just goes to show how a bad judge can get it completely wrong and screw it up for everyone.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 14:04 Cutter

Format wars - for a peripheral - are completely asinine. These idiots are going to kill VR before it even gets going with this nonsense. You could just see Lucky die inside when Zuckerberg told him this was what was going down. Well, that's what selling out gets you.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2016, 20:53 Cutter

Yeah, it's like watching natural selection in action isn't it? Only a matter of time before some of those idiots are crippled and killed.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 21, 2016, 11:11 Cutter

Format wars? Seriously? Just another nail in the VR coffin.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 17:08 Cutter

Creston wrote on May 20, 2016, 13:21:
Is the Martian author Andy Weir going to pay for this massive new space station?

Obviously not. Most people are just trying to keep their heads above water these days but jerks like him think we should be wasting 100s of billions of tax dollars on yet more unnecessary bullshit. Want to go to Mars? Cool. Find a way to fund it but keep your hands out of my pocket.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2016, 17:03 Cutter

"I must get home to make sure my pool boy is using his SKIMMMEERR!" - Superintendent Chalmers

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 12:58 Cutter

Looks like we've hit the good weather. A nice 22C atm outside and the 14 day shows all above 20. Effing finally!

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 12:57 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on May 20, 2016, 12:52:
Cutter wrote on May 20, 2016, 10:56:
I always found my package had the best packaging.

You REALLY want me to reply to that Sir?
You're setting yourself up and not in a good way

Haha! You wish!

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 10:56 Cutter

I always found my package had the best packaging.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2016, 10:51 Cutter

There you go fellas. Apparently you're not permitted to dislike shows at aimed at women. Apparently such actions are now to be viewed on equal footing as rape now. Ahhh, thank god for the SJWs and the feminists dictating how everyone else is to think, act, and behave, it's all too confusing and too much work otherwise.

And the only surprising thing about that Yahoo story is that anyone is bidding at all.

News Comments > Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced
2. Re: Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced May 20, 2016, 10:45 Cutter

Is this the thing abou the owls? Guardians of Ga'Hoole?

News Comments > Two Techland Projects Revealed
1. Re: Two Techland Projects Revealed May 20, 2016, 10:43 Cutter

I wouldn't mind a new CoJ game. God knows when RDR2 will show up or if it'll even make to the PC. It's strange how the old west is so underrepresented in video games and it's such great source material. Outlaws, RDR, CoJ, Hard West, etc. all great games with lots of flavour. Only question is can you make a good open-world spaghetti western style game like RDR on a smaller budget or do you really need 50 or 100 mil?  

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 20:38 Cutter

I find it hard to believe that out of a selection pool - we're talking US here - of approximately 100 million adults of working age - that most of them have addiction problems so prevalent that drug tests are required to weed them out. The only thing that matters in the end is that they're showing up on time and can do the job. It's going to be glaringly obvious if Bill from Accounting has a substance abuse problem by showing up for work half in the bag every day. If an employer doesn't understand that, nor care about it, than that's their problem.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 16:55 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on May 19, 2016, 15:28:
Cutter wrote on May 19, 2016, 12:53:
And I'll never understand drug testing - much less how they're legal. So someone is a raging alcoholic and that's fine, but smoke a bit of grass and fuck you? I'd venture most employers have way more problems with people and alcohol than any other drug. And ultimately what people do on their own time is their own business. As long as they show up ready to go, who cares? That's the difference between a worker and a slave.
First, they test for alcohol too, bet on it. Second, one is legal, the other isn't -- whether you agree or not, that's the way it is. However, the main thing is a legal/insurance issue. An incident which results in an injury, especially if someone other than the employee is injured, can mean serious exposure to legal action. Doubly so if your employee is drunk or under the influence of an illegal drug.

If you can't show up at work without alcohol or drugs in your system, why should I hire you?

Because A) What you do in your free time is up to you. B) It's not illegal everywhere, even in the US. Colorado and Washington have legalized it and it's going to be legal most everywhere else before too long too. C) Its' a bullshit test because most drugs are water soluble. That means it takes about 12 hours to flush from your system. So all you have to do is go half a day without drinking or doing drugs - except pot because THC is fat soluble - and you're fine. So technically you could be a functional junkie shooting smack and pass the test. That's fucking retarded.

24548 Comments. 1228 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo