Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28375 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
28. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 16:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 14:56:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 13:11:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:53:
The average person is just too stupid to critically analyze what they see.

There's is a sever lack of intellectual curiosity with the general population that I never realized existed to the extent it does. I don't know how to solve the problem in this age of identity politics and the hive mind it creates.
Unfortunately tribalism is an evolved trait that will take hundreds of generations or alternatively manipulation of the human genome to overcome.

I don't think it's possible to eliminate tribalism as it's a positive - on the whole - and necessary trait. Darwin never said "survival of the fittest", that Social Darwinists love to use. What he actually said was, "survival of which fits", by which he meant that the species that can best work together to overcome to the obstacles in their path has the best chance for survival.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2018, 13:16 Cutter

Well it's cold and sunny here so that deffo means six more weeks, sigh. However there are other places where they have rodents prognosticating and they say early spring is on the way. Who to believe? I'll clap my hands and believe in fairies and hope the rodents who called for an early spring are the right ones!

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2018, 13:12 Cutter

It's time to send John Deere a 'Dear John letter'.

23. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 13:11 Cutter

It's not odd, being detained or arrested works the same way here and in Britain. Our criminal and tort laws are more or less the same - given obvious variations by region. That's because they all stem from the Magna Carta. It where we get concepts like habeas corpus. Also, forgot to mention, whether the police charge you or not the real determination is made by the crown counsel/district attorney/prosecutor if there's sufficient evidence to A) actually charge you B) if it's actually worthwhile in bringing you to court/they have a good chance of finding a conviction of guilt.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Announced
1. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Announced Feb 2, 2018, 11:22 Cutter

Sweet gfx at any rate.

9. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 11:20 Cutter

Being arrested means the police believe there's sufficient evidence for you to be charged for what they believe you did. Being detained means they have a reasonable suspicion you did something illegal, but not sufficient proof. You can be detained for up to 72 hours at which time they either need to charge you or cut you loose. And no, that doesn't mean they can keep detaining you over and over. The only exception I know of is you can be interred indefinitely under the Patriot Act if you're a suspected terrorist but that's obviously not the case here. This report doesn't make any sense however. You're only booked after you're arrested. You don't get booked if you're only being detained. Bail is granted by a judge at an arraignment, which only happens after an arrest.

This sort of "reporting" should be illegal. The damage it can cause a person is irreversible. Even when people are completely exonerated the damage to their reputation is done and no one ever looks at them the same way again. Particularly when it comes to sexual assault.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer
1. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer Feb 1, 2018, 22:00 Cutter

What kind of replayability will this game have? It's a shame they didn't implement a robust crafting system for this game. It just begs for it.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2018, 13:00 Cutter

There's an old school burger joint called Mister Burger I usually go by to get one. Nothing stellar, but not bad, and still cheap - $4. Whereas there's a really good burger place out here name of Justice Burger and it's an effing good hamburger but it's also 10 effing dollars to boot which is just too much. I really wish we had a Big Kahuna burger, that Hawaiian burger joint, however.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2018, 12:42 Cutter

While the patent describes this tech as a time-saving system, tracking workers in this way seems dystopian.

What do the mean "seems"? This company really is evil. I can't believe how badly they treat employees. But if they're too stupid to unionize that's their own fault.

News Comments > Vampyr Video
1. Re: Vampyr Video Feb 1, 2018, 12:38 Cutter

Yeah, but the problem with this narrative is that if you have to kill to live than you soon lose your humanity and you wouldn't think anything more of killing a person than you would a chicken. I guess we'll see but I don't think this game is going to work. They seem to be too intent on driving people to reach their interpretations instead of letting the player decide where he wants to go. That's what made Bloodlines so good. Or as Ash said, "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

News Comments > Gone Gold - Surviving Mars
1. Re: Gone Gold - Surviving Mars Feb 1, 2018, 12:28 Cutter

I think I might pick this one up. I've watched a few recent vids of it and I quite like what I see. Anyone had any actual hands on with it so far?

News Comments > Time Warner Financials
2. Re: Time Warner Financials Feb 1, 2018, 12:17 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 11:38:
Games revenues were partially offset by lower theatrical revenues? Oh no! Hurry WB - you need to get predatory, exploitative gambling mechanics incorporated into your movie-warching experiences pronto!!

I would not doubt they're working on that very thing.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 31, 2018, 23:21 Cutter

Wow, that is one very skilled, and patient, carpenter. The charred wood was a nice touch, not to mention practical and clever how he did that. And the fact he did it all by hand with hand tools? Oi vey!

News Comments > Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access
1. Re: Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access Jan 31, 2018, 21:40 Cutter

Except you're not actually a space trucker. And how in the fuck do these clowns figure it's the first ever space trucker game? Looks like crap anyway.

News Comments > GDC Pulls Bushnell's Pioneer Award
2. Re: GDC Pulls Bushnell's Pioneer Award Jan 31, 2018, 21:35 Cutter

Middlefinger  

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2018, 18:51 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 15:38:
Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 14:51:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 13:08:
US appeals court says Tinder Plus pricing is discriminatory.

If age-based pricing is determined to be discriminatory, how will that affect things like healthcare insurance and car insurance?

There should be no discrimination in this regard. In Norway for example if you get a speeding ticket its based on net worth. Obviously some rich guy getting a $300 fine is peanuts and doesn't serve as a deterrent where it's a real burden to someone one the low end of the scale. So this way Joe Millionaire gets a $30,000 fine and Joe Sixpack gets a $30 fine. Super fair and great system. If you set some arbitrary number as the basis to charge someone more or less it's discrimination plain and simple.

I will remember this next time you call regional pricing unethical and evil.

How fucking dumb are you? It's just another form of discrimination. They're charging us more for the exact same product. That's the definition of discrimination. Try charging someone more because they're a minority and see where that gets you.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 15:07 Cutter

Meh bleh, got the flu - possibly - or bronchitis, not sure which atm. I don't even remember the last time I've been sick.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 15:06 Cutter

Well I can say is UA got lucky she wasn't a Mughal emperor or they would have very quickly found themselves put to death for refusing the sacred bird of the emperors!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2018, 15:02 Cutter

NamecaF wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 23:07:
Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 22:51:
I'm a fan of Besson so it'll be interesting to see what he does.

You're kidding! One of the most over-rated directors ever. Style over substance.

What style! And what's wrong with style? Not everything people watch has to ooze substance. And that's not true at all. Leon The Professional, La Femme Nikita, Subway are all brilliant films and his other stuff like The Fifth Element and Valerian are fun as heck!

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2018, 14:51 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 13:08:
US appeals court says Tinder Plus pricing is discriminatory.

If age-based pricing is determined to be discriminatory, how will that affect things like healthcare insurance and car insurance?

There should be no discrimination in this regard. In Norway for example if you get a speeding ticket its based on net worth. Obviously some rich guy getting a $300 fine is peanuts and doesn't serve as a deterrent where it's a real burden to someone one the low end of the scale. So this way Joe Millionaire gets a $30,000 fine and Joe Sixpack gets a $30 fine. Super fair and great system. If you set some arbitrary number as the basis to charge someone more or less it's discrimination plain and simple.

28375 Comments. 1419 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo