Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24587 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

Hardware > Washer/Dryer - hardware right!?
3. No subject Jun 3, 2016, 16:34 Cutter

HE machines rule. They clean way faster and way cheaper than standard machines. I always only use the "quick" cycle which is 30 mins and 1/3 of a cup or less of liquid detergent for a full load. I have the Maytag 4000 series washer and dryer. They're super efficient, super quiet, they automatically do load balancing. They're awesome machines.

I'm not recommending these per se - as I've never owned any other kind of HE machines before - just that HE is the way to go and worth the money. Just do a lot of research on the brand and specific models you're looking at as I have no idea what the hep kids are using for HE machines today.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2016, 12:30 Cutter

Does the rest of the world outside of NA even know what a donut is?  

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2016, 12:21 Cutter

In a case that has already dragged on since 2011, the jury ruling enforces both the FTC’s Telemarketing Sales Rule and its enormously popular Do Not Call Registry rules. The judge has yet to access civil penalties, but since they can be as high as $16,000 per violation it’s safe to assume the total will fall somewhere south of the $1.9 trillion maximum for just those illegal calls.

What good is that when the guy's assets are either gone or squirreled away somewhere the feds can't get. Prison terms are the only thing that will ever stop white collar crime of this nature.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 23:08 Cutter

Clearly Musk is not the geek he claims to be. He's obviously never seen Star Trek's Spectre of the Gun.

Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. Where the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal. - Spock

News Comments > The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options
2. Re: The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options Jun 2, 2016, 22:14 Cutter

You can't change your chromosomes no matter how much you may want to.

Life of Brian - I want to be a woman

News Comments > 100 Million Minecraft March
1. Re: 100 Million Minecraft March Jun 2, 2016, 22:10 Cutter

I still don't believe this.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 17:22 Cutter

Leper wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 16:29:
That's the problem with VR all talk no substance. Where are all the kickass games that justify the exorbitant price of the hardware - not even including PC upgrades just to get the shit to run well. I hear lots of talk but see no specifics or actual delivery. This is the same shit that always happens. Remember how Intel's MMX was supposed to change gaming? Or how 64 bit gaming took over a decade to finally arrive. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you're an early adopter of VR all you've bought is an overpriced paperweight.

Maybe it's time to give it a rest? You are demanding companies to go all in and develop AAA games from the ground up for VR while at the same time basically saying there's no hope and anyone who has bought into VR is stupid. I think early adopters by and large know what they're getting into - there's some cool experiences available that make it worth the price of admission. Money isn't an object to everyone.

You're right that there needs to be more games and I expect Playstation VR will bring in some more mainstream titles (assuming some get ported over). I don't actually own a device either, but just because we're more cautious doesn't mean that the investment others are making won't lead to a better experience for everyone down the road.

Yes, it is time for you fucking fanboys and your completely nonsensical rationalization to give it a rest. Don't get all pissy because you were sucker enough to buy into it. I suppose you thought 3D was the next big thing too, huh? Lol! Fucking fanboys.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content
10. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 2, 2016, 17:18 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 16:45:
Have you guys actually played this game at all to any length?

Many people here were praising Ark 6+ months ago.

Go back 6 months then and see my comments which were "Finish the fucking game already." As mentioned time again, these guys have yet to *ANY* optimization. This game is all but unplayable on monster rigs. They obviously don't understand that you get the base game made, optimize it THEN add in all the shit you want afterward. At this rate it'll never happen. I so wish I hadn't bought this thing.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2016, 14:38 Cutter

Blue wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 09:57:
Anything it wants to!

The nuttiest part is the other guy videoing it that keeps appearing in the frame. I kept wondering if that guy had any idea how fast alligators run. The answer is 11 mph, so I'm guessing even that monster could outrun a 60 year-old-golfer.

Yeah, that was my first thought too. I watched enough of Rob Bredl's show "Killer Instinct" back in the day to know how fast those things can move when they want to. That was just stupid on his part. Lucky he didn't end up a Darwin Award contender. I'm guessing water hazard takes on a whole new meaning at that course.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2016, 14:31 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 11:21:
Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 22:15:
And that's a sensible and logical assessment of VR.

Because it fits your stubborn stance.

Yes for 2K and wanting to sell 10 million units the market isn't there.

But at this time there are people that do enjoy it, let them. The indies making the software and those enjoying it don't need 10 million in sales to be satisfied.

VR mainstream at the 2K sales level will take a few years, they can't even make enough for current demand. But with the Ps4.5 and xbone 1.5 coming out to better support VR, that will be a significant boost to player base size.

And as said, not all VR has to be room-scale.

When the VR fad has faded back into obsucrity yet again - like 3D - what will your excuse be at that point. Give it a rest already.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 14:29 Cutter

That's the problem with VR all talk no substance. Where are all the kickass games that justify the exorbitant price of the hardware - not even including PC upgrades just to get the shit to run well. I hear lots of talk but see no specifics or actual delivery. This is the same shit that always happens. Remember how Intel's MMX was supposed to change gaming? Or how 64 bit gaming took over a decade to finally arrive. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you're an early adopter of VR all you've bought is an overpriced paperweight.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: A Car’s Computer Can ‘Fingerprint’ You in Minutes Based on How You Drive. Jun 2, 2016, 14:24 Cutter

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 14:13:
Makes sense, we all basically have the same personal habits.

I accelerate quickly, always drive exactly 5 mph over the speed limit, use my turn signal anytime I'm turning or switching lanes, and brake slowly.

A computer could easily identify a driver.

I'd say it could identify general types but not specifically down to a single driver.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content
4. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 2, 2016, 14:22 Cutter

Finish the fucking game already.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 22:15 Cutter

And that's a sensible and logical assessment of VR.

News Comments > Rocket League Soars Past $110M
2. Re: Rocket League Soars Past $110M Jun 1, 2016, 22:05 Cutter

I'm sure it's pretty awesome for the CEO but I'm guessing it doesn't mean bupkiss to the rank and file who built the game.

News Comments > Blackwood Crossing Announced
2. Re: ckwood Crossing Announced Jun 1, 2016, 22:00 Cutter

ways fun when Blue does this.

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
3. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 1, 2016, 21:59 Cutter

I hope this game fails miserably so 2K understands and gets a proper Mafia game followup to Mafia 2.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2016, 18:22 Cutter

You should stop by the butcher and get the Gunnar-man a good beef bone to gnaw on seeing as its treat the Gunnar-man day. He'd like that more than a haircut I'd wager.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 18:14 Cutter

That's a fantastic price point. I need a new card so I'll be looking at one of those.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 31, 2016, 23:15 Cutter

That was amazeballs!  

24587 Comments. 1230 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo