Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26976 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2017, 16:49 Cutter

As always, SciAm put it best....

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

1. Evolution is only a theory. It is not a fact or a scientific law.
Many people learned in elementary school that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty--above a mere hypothesis but below a law. Scientists do not use the terms that way, however. According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses." No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature. So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution--or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter--they are not expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the fact of evolution. The NAS defines a fact as "an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as 'true.'" The fossil record and abundant other evidence testify that organisms have evolved through time. Although no one observed those transformations, the indirect evidence is clear, unambiguous and compelling.

All sciences frequently rely on indirect evidence. Physicists cannot see subatomic particles directly, for instance, so they verify their existence by watching for telltale tracks that the particles leave in cloud chambers. The absence of direct observation does not make physicists' conclusions less certain.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
4. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 3, 2017, 13:49 Cutter

Freddy's dead. That's what I said, Freddy's dead.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2017, 13:48 Cutter

Nice advertorial for the Nuclear Power lobby there. Lol!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2017, 18:38 Cutter

Retired wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 15:17:
Welp.

Put an offer on a house, they countered and we kind of agreed. Tiler comes Wednesday (fingers crossed), and staging/pics/planning Thursday.

11 years, time for new digs.

Hate moving. So much to get done.....

Did you manage to get a place a little further out or are you still in the city?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2017, 15:17 Cutter

Protip: An elevator is something that, by definition, elevates. If it's moving sideways it's a horizontalator.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 2, 2017, 15:12 Cutter

Take one of these instead of flying.

Hotel Bus

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 1, 2017, 22:34 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 14:42:
So many dildos.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Airport Security Officer: Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor. But ... every once in a while...it's a dildo. Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. We have to use the indefinite article, "a dildo", never...your dildo.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2017, 16:33 Cutter

Meh, I wish we all got shotguns and big titties on Canada's birthday like you all do on America's.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jun 30, 2017, 23:52 Cutter

You'd think after Witcher 3 there'd be some people there who'd clue in and say 'Oh, this is the sort of stuff we should be making. You know, actual good games.'

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 30, 2017, 20:08 Cutter

It's their own damn fault for not allowing people to check out games longer, or resell their used games. If I all I have is a crappy little 2 hour window you'd damn straight I'm going to refund it if I have even the slightest doubt.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2017, 16:02 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 14:09:
NotOneOfUs wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 11:37:
Jesus, 50? And now dead?
Yeah, highly unfortunate -- the big C really blows. Personally, I'll be happy if I make it to 70. There really isn't any known reason I shouldn't, other than being overweight -- but you just never know do you? But the way I see things is, anything over 70 is a bonus for me.

Even disease aside plenty of people get killed every single day. I don't see a day go by without some story about someone getting flattened by a bus or dying in some sort of accident. Whenever or whatever it is, I just hope it's as painless and quick as possible. Hell, that's still a famous bit of history when they asked Julius Caesar what the best way to die was - given how he'd seen so many men die so many ways - to which his reply was - "Suddenly."

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 29, 2017, 21:51 Cutter

Now look at all the bullshit involved in that. That is not a group of people you give dime one to. You're a fucking fool if you do.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2017, 20:28 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 16:13:
Need some Android help if anyone can.

Need to copy Chrome history, photos, and txt messages off a phone, with no internet connection, and no access to the typical sync software off a phone.

Long story short, a friend is dealing with a ex-husband, and the ex left his phone at her house. The context of the phone is enough to finally put the creep away for a long time but need to make a backup of the phone 'just in case' before turning it over to the police. There are 3 young kids caught in the middle (mother has custody the father does not), and are being used as leverage.
If possible contact me via steam The Half Elf, or via the contact button on this form which will email me.
Thanks.

You know that's seriously illegal right? So not only would that not be admissible as evidence your friend could end up being criminally charged under The Interception of Communications Act and can be sued under The Harmful Access by Computer Act . That's basically mail tampering, which is a federal offense. You can see jail time for that as it's a major felony. Not to mention she'd lose her kids without question. Tell her to be smart and talk to a lawyer first. A consultation won't cost her anything.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 20:15 Cutter

MeanJim wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 19:49:
FFS there are a lot of cold, heartless people here. Someone once said; "The true measure of a society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members." This affects all of us in some way. Whether a person is born disabled, becomes disabled by an accident or fighting in wars we shouldn't be in, or you just get old, we're all going to need accessible facilities and transportation eventually. Unless you want go back the "good old days" when we locked the disabled away so we didn't have to see them.

As for who covers the cost of making things accessible, if it's a new building/business, it must be built to code so to begin with, so it wouldn't cost any extra. Buildings built before the ADA are exempt, but they must make a reasonable attempt to to comply with the ADA if they make modifications. Most states already have programs to provide assistance to help cover the costs of modifications, and that money comes from taxes. I don't see why there is an objection to that. We all pay taxes that pay for things we don't use. I don't have kids, but I'm glad my taxes help pay to educate others. The last thing I want is some uneducated dipshits taking care of me in the old folks home while I'm trying to finish off my Steam Backlog before I kick the bucket.

Yeah, and you've obviously never run your own business. Most people that open up their first place are doing so by the skin of their teeth. We don't have deep pockets to accommodate a minority that makes up less than 1% of society. We had to forgo our draft fridge for over a year because of those costs. You know what that translates into for lost sales? And because of those lost sales that means people not being hired by us, the brewery, and every other ancillary business that's tied to that. And all for what so that 1 person in 100,0000 just may, *may* come by our place one day and need to use the bathroom. I love how liberals like you are always so free with other peoples money. If you think it's so goddamned important you pay for it. Of course that'll never happen. The moment people like you are forced to pony up any dough it's a completely different story. Not like hardcore lefties know what real work is anyway.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2017, 13:02 Cutter

Boaty, as it’s fondly known, acquired its name when the National Environment Research Council (NERC) innocently ran a competition to name its newest polar research vessel, which went viral when the Internet tried to name it “Boaty McBoatface”. The NERC tried to ignore the popular vote and go with RRS Sir David Attenborough in honour of the nature show broadcaster, but there was a public outcry. The council somewhat relented in giving its new robotic research submarine the popular name.

Hahaha! That is just awesomesauce covered in win right there!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 12:55 Cutter

Exactly. How many wheelchair buses and/or taxis do you see in the run of a day even in a major city? Not many. I love Uber's corporate non-response that fully amounts to , 'Fuckoff already.'

The accessibility thing is nuts. When I opened my first resto - a small 50 seat cafe - we had to install a handicapped bathroom that ate up a lot of necessary funds. In the 5 years I was there I never once saw anyone in a wheelchair come in. I doubt there's ever been someone in a wheelchair come in. I empathize for them but there has to be some common sense applied to the situation.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 29, 2017, 12:48 Cutter

save hostages without unnecessary casualties

Ahahahahaha! Well, not the black ones anyway. Reminds me of Dave Chapelle's bit about why you never take black hostages.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 28, 2017, 22:49 Cutter

Oh for god sake don't dilute it. It's all about Bond and the villain. The other characters are just filler. If they don't understand this they don't deserve the property.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Adds Tier 1 Mode
1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Adds Tier 1 Mode Jun 28, 2017, 22:27 Cutter

More grind than a meat grinder.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2017, 14:27 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 14:13:
Flight delayed by woman hurling coins at jet engine.

Between the coin eating turtle and this jet engine, Asia needs to take a hard look at tossing coins at everything for luck. Toss coins into the donation box at the temple instead.

They're just way too superstitious in everything. Christ, the vast majority of animals on endangered species lists are because of the bullshit that is Chinese medicine. I remember when I lived in BC it was a major problem because they were poaching all kinds of animals all the time. And the liberals would get in a tizzy not knowing what to do because they were torn between wanting to protect the animals but not offending the Chinese for their culture - no matter how idiotic it is.

26976 Comments. 1349 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo