Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26664 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 23:12 Cutter

Frijoles wrote on May 6, 2017, 22:18:
Acleacius wrote on May 6, 2017, 21:10:
I'm having a blast with Viking! Lighter

That's not an MMO is it? Bit confused since the review is on MMORPG.com.

No it is not. And that's good to hear. Good to see they nailed it again after Conquistadors. I'm very much looking forward to it myself.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2017, 00:44 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:37:
Pigeon wrote on May 5, 2017, 12:48:
Cutter wrote on May 5, 2017, 10:50:
That's the weird thing about Canada. For all it's touting about how what a precious little multicultural country it is there's no real latin element to speak of. It's virtually impossible to find a latin type resto. About the only thing you see here are burrito places and even they aren't anywhere close to authentic. I know of 2 places in the country that are legit Mexican and actually sell tamales. I love tamales. It's a crime we can't get them more readily here. I'd love to see more real taqueria's here, etc.

I've always gotten the sense Canada's much touted diversity is achieved by a more liberal reporting and interpreting strategy than the US uses. This would seem to indicate Canada's diversity is much lower than the US.'s.

ive never thought Canada was "diverse" and I hadnt really heard much about that either

its white people, french-ish white people... and a handful of natives

always seemed pretty obvious

ive always heard its more liberal than the US, which also seems pretty obvious

No, that's not true, it simply depends where you are. I remember when I first left home for good at 18 and moved from Toronto to Calgary. After a year there, I came back for a wedding and was simply amazed at the diversity. This was the city I grew up in and had never noticed it. I always hung out with people of all ethnicities and it was just a non-issue. Calgary however - was at least at the time - almost completely white. I think I saw maybe half a doze blacks and asians the entire time I was there. It was a pretty big culture shock. Then I went to Vancouver for the next dozen years and while it was a teeny bit more diverse it was still mostly white and asian. Montreal was always very diverse. Love that town and would easily live there if not for the language bullshit from the rest of 'K-bec'.

Canada's biggest problem is its inferiority complex of growing up in America's shadow. It has no national cultural identity and it's utterly obsessed with finding one. So, the melting pot doesn't melt here because no one really understands what it means to be Canadian. And the liberalism drilled into people here makes them terrified to demand that outsiders conform - but that's changing big time now with recent polls suggesting that over 70% of the country feeling immigrants and minorities must do more to fit in.

In the US I always got the feeling that was the case from the get-go. Doesn't matter where you come from so long as you learn the language and "be" American PDQ, everything will be fine.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2017, 00:35 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:42:
Cutter wrote on May 5, 2017, 10:50:
That's the weird thing about Canada. For all it's touting about how what a precious little multicultural country it is there's no real latin element to speak of. It's virtually impossible to find a latin type resto. About the only thing you see here are burrito places and even they aren't anywhere close to authentic. I know of 2 places in the country that are legit Mexican and actually sell tamales. I love tamales. It's a crime we can't get them more readily here. I'd love to see more real taqueria's here, etc.

Of course there are no Latinos in Canada. They're not stupid enough to live someplace so damn cold.

No shortage of them just south of the border in New York, Michigan, etc. So it ain't the cold.

News Comments > Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D
22. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 6, 2017, 00:33 Cutter

I miss the days of shareware games. *sniff*

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 5, 2017, 20:35 Cutter

Good on you Seattle. I think this was fully expected however. You know all the left-leaning cities and states will go this route. And I'll bet the GOP will once again try to override that at the federal level because State's and local rights only matter when it applies to them and their wants.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 5, 2017, 20:31 Cutter

No spoilers, it's just a teaser trailer for the official trailer in 3 days. Good grief.

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
1. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 5, 2017, 20:27 Cutter

Just because some amateur misuse the terms doesn't mean they've jumped the shark, simply that people need to stop supporting EA, particularly from non-professional, non-experienced developers or this is what you get.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2017, 10:50 Cutter

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 5, 2017, 10:46 Cutter

Seems to me they should have put that time, effort, and money into seeing someone who represents the public's actual interest got voted in instead.  

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
1. Re: The Surge Trailer May 4, 2017, 11:56 Cutter

Super hardcore, brah!

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2017, 15:39 Cutter

I disagree. I've never believed that the Press has any special rights. They've used that sort of bullshit excuse - the public has a right to know - to destroy far more lives than any they've helped. For every one example where there was a net positive benefit like Watergate, there are literally thousands of others that are negative. And the days of "objective" journalism - if there ever really was such a thing and I don't think there has been - are long, long past. If it isn't the state dictating what is and isn't fit to print the corporations in the "free" world certainly are.

News Comments > Steam Hammer Early Access Next Week
1. Re: Steam Hammer Early Access Next Week May 3, 2017, 15:23 Cutter

Really? That's the music they went with for a Steampunk CRPG?

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
32. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 15:16 Cutter

So instead of downloading a 3GB demo people are supposed to DL 50 gigs instead? Um no.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 2, 2017, 23:28 Cutter

Never ceases to amaze me how the GOP and their supporters all seemingly live in Opposite Land where they always say the opposite of what they really mean. Seriously, how much longer can America go on like this? I think it's about time to call it a day and start talking secession, New America and Jesusland.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 2, 2017, 23:19 Cutter

That looks awesome and I'm happy for him and will eagerly grab it if and when it gets here buy no way in hell I'm backing it, especially on a scam site like Fig.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 2, 2017, 22:51 Cutter

Lisa: Well, look at the wonders of the computer age now!
Homer: Wonders Lisa... or blunders?
Lisa: I think that was implied by what I said.
Homer: Implied Lisa... or implode?

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season11/thohj12.mp3

News Comments > ESO: Morrowind Trailer
1. Re: ESO: Morrowind Trailer May 2, 2017, 22:45 Cutter

Got a closed invite to this. Dunno if I'm gonna check it out. Wish I could have passed it along but it was applied automatically to my account.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2017, 11:21 Cutter

Yeah it would have been better if he kicked it just after the show. Regardless of people talking about dying doing what you love it's still goddamned traumatic for anyone else who may be present.

Oregon police. Seriously? For real? There's one police force that needs to up their hiring standards methinks.

Idiot calling the police: Hi, I see a cat in a tree and I think it has an assault rifle!

Oregon police: We'll get right on it! Quick send in the SWAT team!!!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2017, 11:16 Cutter

How the fuck is Theranos still a thing at this point?

RIAA itself is almost completely responsible for piracy, so them suing someone else would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 11:09 Cutter

Wonder what's next for TES. Guess we'll find out in June.

26664 Comments. 1334 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo