Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25613 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
18. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 10:26 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 09:49:
My biggest gripe is indie games that are priced $20 that go on sale for $10-$15. These games would have been $1-$3 in past sales (talking about years and years ago). Now the only games in that price range are unfinished or completely junk games that aren't even worth a dollar.

As always value is relative but I don't disagree. Point in fact, I feel that way about most games triple A or otherwise. I don't feel the vast majority of games are remotely worth what they're asking us to pay for. Most games have always been drastically overpriced IMO, which is why I have zero problem either waiting a couple of years for them to come down to a reasonable price or just not bothering with at all. The only ones devs/pubs hurt with high prices are themselves. And this is especially true of those of us who live in countries like Canada and Aus where they expect us to pay more because our dollar is worth less yet have zero problem giving other countries like Russia, China, et al. a break. Fuck...that...noise.

As for Steam and most other sales they've been pretty meh for years now. I don't even get remotely excited for them anymore.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 20:50 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:35:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:43:
As always there's never been any shortage of skilled workers, just greedy employers who don't want to pay people decently for their work.

You don't know what you're talking about. As someone who's done some hiring in the tech industry, I can absolutely tell you there is a shortage of skilled workers. I've spent months interviewing people from all over the country for some positions. Or do you think $150K/year salary isn't decent pay?

The real problem is the abuse of the H-1B visa program by companies taking advantage of poor oversight and enforcement.

You're full of shit. You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. These corps advertise because they're required to by law before they hire a foreigner. They make the requirements impossibly high, and interview just enough various people to ward off any claims of ageism/sexism/racism, and then they get their HB1s. I got out of tech because I saw that's where it was headed and more and more people - domestically - are doing the same because they see the writing on the wall. Just google "workers forced to train foreign replacements" and there is no end to the stories of it happening today. So yeah, Trump doing this is a good thing. Force employers to hire at home or they can fuck off and leave the country. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 12:24 Cutter

So what are you yanks going to do tomorrow? Drink beer? Eat turkey? Watch football? Shoot off guns? Chant USA! USA! USA? In that order?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 12:00 Cutter

What makes you think Putin won't do it now that his pal Don is in charge? I'm sure if he asks nicely the Rooskies will do just that. If I was Snow I'd be looking to head to Argentina or something PDQ!  

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 11:43 Cutter

Brain drain? More like put Americans back to work. This was a big part of why Trump won. We see no shortage of articles in the news where US workers are being canned and have to train their replacements in the process. As always there's never been any shortage of skilled workers, just greedy employers who don't want to pay people decently for their work.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 11:40 Cutter

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:16:
"Trump’s Immigration Crackdown Could Spark a Tech Brain Drain"
Another Blue fear mongering article.

Is he an illegal immigrant? Then he is here illegally. If not..what is the point of this article? Just because he is Hispanic he is scared all the sudden? And you people wonder why you lost the election

Couldn't bother to read the article could you? He's from France, not Mexico. And you people wonder why everyone mocks Trump supporters for being lazy and stupid.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2016, 11:35 Cutter

Oh hellls yeah! I think a lot of people have been saying that for a long time. Sensitive date holders - health, insurance, banks, et al - need to be held responsible for their security. It's not like they don't have deep enough pockets, they simply choose not to do it so they can pocket the monies instead.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 23:49 Cutter

Nuhauser wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 22:25:
Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 22:02:
“It’s better for Facebook to be a part of enabling conversation, even if it’s not yet the full conversation,” Mr. Zuckerberg said, according to employees.

Translation: 'It's better for me to make even more money because fuck people and authoritarian governments because I'm just an enormous hypocritical, lying sack of shit anyway.'

Entering the Chinese market is a very tricky business. Apple had to submit to their laws and regulations and found the experience to be very lucrative. Other companies have been completely fucked over. Seeing as how China already has a boatload of Facebook copies I can't help but wonder why Zuckerberg is trying so hard.

Yeah but the difference is companies like Apple have never claimed not to be evil where Google, Facebook, et al. have and continue to maintain that posture and it's and out and out fucking lie. That sort of monstorous hypocrisy just really offends the shit out of me. I'd actually have some respect for them if they were just honest about it. 'Yeah we're a big heartless evil corporation, so fucking what? You assholes aren't going to do anything about it.'

If you ever get a chance, watch Crzay People. It's about a copywriter who's so sick of the bullshit he decides to write truthful ads. It's really fuuny.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 22, 2016, 23:41 Cutter

That article on Sleepy Dogs 2 made me a sad panda. Would so much have loved to see that. If SE has any sense at all they'll get that game made. It's a brilliant property that could be cultivated into near GTA status

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 22, 2016, 22:14 Cutter

Electricity isn't dirtier, only the current fossil fuel methods of producing it is. And that UofM study was bullshit paid for by the oil lobby. Tim Mays said it quite well....

So the study compared the output of the gasoline car version against the entire electrical production trail of the electric car version. I guess that means the gasoline just magically appeared at the pump. There were no emissions during the drilling to get the oil in the first place. There were no emissions getting the oil from the fields to the refineries. There were no emissions from the refineries themselves. There were no emissions getting the gasoline from the refineries to the gas stations. And, the last I checked, most gas stations have electric lights, air conditioners for the employees, refrigerators and freezers for the over-priced items sold at the store associated with the gas station. I guess all of that electricity magically appeared at the gas station and not from the same coal-burning plant that produces the electricity used to charge the electric cars. Take all that into consideration and a totally different picture emerges.

The "study" that this whole myth was predicated on was, as Mays said, the entire production trail vs. gasoline just magically existing. Run the numbers the same way for gas and it's not even close that gas is exponentially worse. And as we shift away from coal-fired plants, etc. that electricity will only get cleaner. Stop making excuses for the oil lobby, those motherfuckers already have all the money in the world.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 22:02 Cutter

“It’s better for Facebook to be a part of enabling conversation, even if it’s not yet the full conversation,” Mr. Zuckerberg said, according to employees.

Translation: 'It's better for me to make even more money because fuck people and authoritarian governments because I'm just an enormous hypocritical, lying sack of shit anyway.'

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2016, 15:27 Cutter

A) It's too bad Oswald didn't get Nixon because America would be an amazing place today because of Jack's leadership.

B) They're suing Shitpotle for misleading advertising and that's entirely fair. I wish more people would do it until the POS marketers and advertisers out there realize that, no, it's not OK to lie to people to make money.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 15:09 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 13:21:
'Quit Social Media. Your Career May Depend on It.'

Or you could, you know, never start.

Or maybe not obsess on it, or just use an account with a fake name so employers can't spy on you, or work for someone who understands your private life is none of their fucking business to begin with because you're an employee and not property.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters Next Week
2. Re: Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters Next Week Nov 22, 2016, 15:06 Cutter

ViRGE wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 14:02:
As much fun as it is to build a city, we all know it's much more fun to wreck it.

I'll always love those old 70s disaster flicks like Earthquake, The Towering Inferno, et al.

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
1. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 15:03 Cutter

I really wish someone would do something Ass Creedish in the Edo period of Japan. That would effing rock.

News Comments > BladeShield Next Week
1. Re: BladeShield Next Week Nov 21, 2016, 21:14 Cutter

OK, A) Lame. B) I'll be surprised if Disney doesn't sue the shit out of them.

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
3. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 21, 2016, 21:12 Cutter

Can you survive the grind?

49. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 19:46 Cutter

Some of you are massively overreaching here. This isn't about college vs. blue collar because even the white collar is finally getting F'd in the A and they've had it too. The GOP has to make good on a lot of this stuff because it's their last kick at the can. This wasn't a pro-Trump vote, it was anti-establishment. Kill the TPP and NAFTA, bring back fair trade and end free trade. Even the dumbest republican understands that, more than anything else, is key to their survival. If it doesn't happen the GOP will be fucking crucified. If the Dems were so smart they should have went with Bernie.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 15:56 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:57:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:50:
Level up! Don't forget to select a Perk!

I think he might even find a Cutter bobblehead and gets TWO perks this year!

Sorry, only the ladies get my bobblehead. I never understood the draw of those things anyway. They make no sense. Unlike antenna balls, now they make sense! I always wanted on of those Jack-in-the-Box antenna ball's. Those things are sweet.

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 15:52 Cutter

Dacote wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 14:45:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 14:31:
Tom Bonier, CEO of the polling firm Targetsmart, pointed out https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/800683256601575424 on Monday that “almost 20,000,000 Trump voters would lose time and a half overtime” under a Republican plan to reverse regulations put in place by President Barack Obama.

The ignorati fell for the free ball cap, now it's screw the little guy ala Republican style. so sad

How? By killing bullshit like NAFTA and the TPP? There are actually a lot of republicans and democrats who are opposed to them and always have been you know. If the guy actually manages to get some shit done, what are the excuses for the left going to be at that point? Do you really think for one second a corporate whore and social pretender like Hillary would have done right by everyone? Fucking L O L!

25613 Comments. 1281 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo