Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27341 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 18:10 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 15:11:
Any shared wisdom on controlling a dog while walking? 9 month old puppy barks at imaginary threats, other dogs, and sometimes people. Neighbor said: Tap on the leash and make sure dog looks at you when it's barking or growling. Then loosen the leash when dog is behaving. Only tension it up when wanting to control the dog or to avoid stuff. Set the walking pace for the dog, never let it take the lead.

Is he correct?

Any additional or contrary tips / advice?

P.S. This is our first time owning a dog.

Just grab them by the snout, look them in the eye and say 'No barking.' Eventually they get it and stop. And when I say grab them I don't mean savagely, just cup your hand around their snout and maintain eye contact. That's the sort of operant conditioning they easily understand.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
23. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 18:03 Cutter

Yeah, just ran through it and did the drop in co-op map too and was totes unimpressed with it all. The visuals are nice, as to be expected, but the sauce was weak with everything else. No maps - overhead and mini, no journal, shitty console UI is a real PITA where you can't even compare items side by each, nothing to intereact with or do on the map except get slightly confused as to where you're going and why, so you just run from start to finish with all the predictable enemy drops.

This is it? This is the much-hyped Destiny? Fuck, console players are easily impressed aren't they? This is just some bullshit hamster-wheel grind-fest. Yeah, I'll probably get around to giving it a playthrough in a couple of years when it's $5 or less. I could easily skip it entirely and likely will by that point.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 17:53 Cutter

You've clearly never delivered pizza before or worked in service industry. Most people are fickle and cheap and tip next to nothing.

I've worked most of my life in hospitality so you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Most people are average tippers, but you'll always have more good tippers than cheap assholes who don't tip. That's usually foreigners who use being foreign as an excuse not to around 99.9% of the time. And I've always worked fine dining so I deal with people for which money isn't an issue and they like people to know that. The fact that think that makes be believe you're one of those cheap assholes.

Most people don't care to support an industry charging a "delivery fee" and then expecting people to tip the delivery driver. I haven't had pizza delivered since that asinine fee showed up.

I don't disagree. I used to tip before the fee but that fee covers it now. Unless you're going with an indie place that doesn't do it, which I generally do, and in which case I usually tip $2 as my zah generally runs in the $10-$15 range.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
28. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 15:04 Cutter

Peter M. Smith wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 14:20:
Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:41:
Or you could try not to be like every other self-obsessed American asshole and just assume that when someone is throwing out different numbers they're from somewhere else, jackass.

The day you drop the shitty attitude is the day before I start treating you like an adult.

Oh that's rich. The infant calling the kettle black. See, thing is adults are civil from the outset . When you start picking fights, throwing tantrums, and trolling, you're only demonstrating that you're a socipathic child, just like your hero, The Donald. Adults understand the difference, brats like you do not. Grow up, if that's even possible for you.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 13:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:40:
Yeah, we'll get a purpose built vehicle for this within 10 years. Probably closer to scooter sized than car sized. Also, fully electric, I imagine.

It doesn't matter what they build. It's not cost-effective or convenient. Most people will gladly pay the couple of bucks to have someone bring it to the door then make the effort of going out to get it themselves. If you're already throwing shoes and clothes on to do so than you may as well just pick it up or make pizza at home.

16. removed Aug 29, 2017, 13:41 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 30, 2017, 08:21.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 12:33 Cutter

Fuck Cruz and Thiel, utter scum that they are!

And fuck Vick and Kapernick too!

And lol at the birthday switch!

And good on you Blue for having some snaps of Huddy and the Gunnar-man on the desk!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 12:28 Cutter

Dirk wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 11:39:
Study: I don't like Post-1970s Millennials

No one likes Millennials, not even Millennials.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2017, 12:14 Cutter

It's called "technical difficulties". In which case all the company need do is issue a refund and an apology. There's always some asshole - and asshole lawyer - that goes straight to the lawsuit hoping to get rich quick. You guys really need to move to a loser pays system to end this sort of nonsense. Hopefully the judge shut them down hard and makes them pay all costs at least.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 12:09 Cutter

Yeah, I can see where doing this, auton car, building it to be secure with keypad, installing a warming oven, etc. will be just so much cheaper than hiring some kid for min wage to deliver it. What about apartments? Do they really think people are going to want to get off the couch, get dressed, go downstairs, go outside, fiddle around with punching in some code and finding their pizza...in the winter - or really any other time - to save $3 on a delivery? Good grief! Rolleyes

News Comments > Overwatch Griefer Griefed
2. Re: Overwatch Griefer Griefed Aug 29, 2017, 11:59 Cutter

How do you even be disruptive? Anyone who would ask that is clearly guilty as hell and trying to deflect.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta
4. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta Aug 29, 2017, 11:54 Cutter

I don't think anyone has a problem with the OPTION of being able to tip a buck or what have you to a creator if they're doing something you like but premium shit will kill off the scene because then everyone will be feeling entitled that they deserve to be paid for this. Fuck you Bethsoft, seriously. There's always some asshole somewhere who ruins somethinng by trying to wring every last cent out of it. This is why we can't have nice things.

1. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 11:50 Cutter

$54 for some dlc? Um pass.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 28, 2017, 20:42 Cutter

I'm ready, ready for the big ride, baby!

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Aug 28, 2017, 20:40 Cutter

Hope it's better than DOS. I dunno why buy DOS was pretty meh for me. Tried to get through it several times and just got bored and quit at some point along the way.

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Announced
1. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Announced Aug 28, 2017, 20:37 Cutter

I'd rather see a new Dune than Rune. Big open world Dune game would kickass! "We call that one, Mau-dib." "Shai Hulud."

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2017, 17:32 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 13:59:
Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 13:15:
Do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger...

And no that tanker's crossing is good news for the planet because it means cleaner tankers wasting a metric fuckton less fuel.

It's not good news.

You're right, it's great news!

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 28, 2017, 17:29 Cutter

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 15:46:
Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 14:30:
Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 13:00:
Another phony liberal CEO who claims he loathes the GOP but has zero problem with exploiting workers and not paying taxes. When will thee clowns learn that public posturing doesn't make a lick of difference when what you actually practice is diametrically opposed to what you preach.

So you suggest they pay more taxes than they're supposed to?

I never, ever understand this argument. Is it even possible to do this? Someone can oppose the tax system and still pay exactly how much they're supposed to. Not to mention, if you pay more than you're supposed to, the board will send you out on your ass.

This is a child's argument. It's like expecting someone who thinks the designated hitter rule is idiotic to refuse to use a designated hitter when playing AL games, giving a huge advantage to competitors...

Did you even read the article?

Put that troll on ignore like everyone else does. I keep hoping he died in a fire and is gone for good but like a bad dose of the clap he keeps coming back.

News Comments > Brain Controllers Progress
4. Re: Brain Controllers Progress Aug 28, 2017, 17:28 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 15:39:
If you have brain damage would that be the equivalent of having a busted keyboard using this tech?

So in other words conservatives will never be able to use these.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Game Rumor
9. Re: Game of Thrones Game Rumor Aug 28, 2017, 17:25 Cutter

I tell you I tell you the Danerys comes....

27341 Comments. 1368 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo