Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25399 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 31, 2016, 09:48 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 05:03:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:13:
Yeah, I'm sure that makes up for all the evil they do.

I'm sure you have a list of all these "evil" things for us... *waits with chin on fist* This should be good. XD

Really? Do you really traipse through life so blissfully unaware of what's going on around you? If you don't know about the evil that corps like Google do than suffice it to say you likely don't care and it would be a waste of time explaining it. It's very quick and easy to research it yourself if you're so inclined.

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
22. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 09:45 Cutter

Yes, but why didn't Uplay or Steam cut them off? That's why this smells of bullshit.

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 15:18 Cutter

Yeah, seeing as the Xmas rush begins on Chewsday I need to keep my eye out for a good deal on an RX 480, as I'm long past due for a new card.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 15:16 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 12:59:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 12:33:
It's trick OR treat. I guess you missed the first part. I have no doubt some jerks are taking it too far or doing inappropriate things. Hi and welcome to Life where that's the norm. Yet, we also know we happen to be - unfortunately - in the middle of another idiotic politically correct resurgence where overreacting is the norm. I know, let's just ban Halloween. Better still, let's ban all entertainment media. May as well ban bright colours while we're at it too. Boy they can sure excite people. Yes, let's just all walk around dressed in grey in a grey world where nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. That sounds awesome doesn't it?

Are you intentionally not reading the news or something?

People dressed as creepy clowns and ATTACKED PEOPLE WITH REAL WEAPONS TO SCARE THEM

Didn't I just say there are always some jerks that go to far? So every time some asshole does something wrong we should all overreact. That's what you're saying we should do.

That is "inappropriate" to you?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 30, 2016, 15:13 Cutter

Yeah, I'm sure that makes up for all the evil they do.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
7. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 15:11 Cutter

EA is a multinational so if the traffic isn't coming into the US - and lord knows why it would from the other side of the planet - than this is just so much bullshit. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see EA tell them they're required to buy the games again.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 12:33 Cutter

It's trick OR treat. I guess you missed the first part. I have no doubt some jerks are taking it too far or doing inappropriate things. Hi and welcome to Life where that's the norm. Yet, we also know we happen to be - unfortunately - in the middle of another idiotic politically correct resurgence where overreacting is the norm. I know, let's just ban Halloween. Better still, let's ban all entertainment media. May as well ban bright colours while we're at it too. Boy they can sure excite people. Yes, let's just all walk around dressed in grey in a grey world where nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. That sounds awesome doesn't it?

20. Re: Terror clowns Oct 30, 2016, 00:32 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 21:19:
Let's talk about that instead.. (Glad your better half is OK blue ,p)

Can someone explain to me what insanity someone has to possess to dress himself up as a "creepy clown" and carry around a chainsaw, and I mean a real, running, chainsaw, or a hammer, a knife, a gun, any other weapons just to "scare" people? You know, to me those are not "creepy" idiots, to me those are criminals. And apparently the German gov agrees with me. So yay!

Do they not realize what this leads to though?

I've had talks with several parents who are quite worried because of this, and debate whether a few sweets are worth to open their children up for such an attack. There's already been 1 idiot here in my town a bit out of Berlin that did this, police came and that's all I heard of that. But seriously, am I supposed to sit with phone and CS gas at my door at Halloween?

Fucking retards doing this and causing fear where there should be fun for children! Just another proof that humanity is fucked. We may be OK for the most part, but there will always be a few total retards fucking everything up. So fuck these terror clowns, and the people who think this is fun.

Oh come on. One of the funniest things ever that happened to us when we were trick or treating is one of the older guys in the neighborhood dressed up as Jason and was chasing everyone around with a chainsaw - without the teeth obviously. It was scary as hell for all of 3 seconds and when we realized it was a trick we peed our pants laughing. Way to be a killjoy. Just plant a "Get off my lawn!" sign out front of your house why don't you?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2016, 00:28 Cutter

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 18:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:15:
Well duh, but with a mostly apathetic populace of sheeple that don't know or care that's not going to happen. Big Brother is on the way.

Oh the way? Shit he has been here for a decade or two... maybe more.

No, I mean the real deal. It's certainly been happening, slowly but surely, since Reagan. 9/11 was the real catalyst however.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
11. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 15:26 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 15:12:
Microsoft, if you're serious about committing yourself to PC gaming, then get the fuck out of the way, it does better without you.

Yeah, but that doesn't jibe with Nutella's 'All your data are belong to us' mandate, does it? Logged into Hotmail today and they just updated the TOS and PP for all MS stuff and if you read it, it basically gives them carte blanche to do what they please. Fuck that noise.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 14:46 Cutter

Good to hear both drivers are ok. For the love of all things holy, consult a lawyer! And I don't mean one of those accident ambulance chasing firms. Talk to one about the accident to protect you from the insurance companies. Don't sign off on anything without a lawyer looking at it first. Even if Mrs. Blue is completely not at fault, the other guy's insurance is likely to press for "contributory negligence" in order to mitigate damages they have to pay. If your insurance agrees to it - and they do all the time just to expedite these matters - then you get the joy of a rate hike or possibly even cancelled insurance.

You have to be careful with accident reports too. Not sure about NYC but in Ontario if you fill out an accident report - and sign it - that gives the cops implied consent to turn it over to the insurance company - even if you and the other driver chose not to report the accident and settle up yourselves - in which case, again, you're screwed. And, god forbid, there may be some medical issues that crop up after the fact some time down the road. For the sake of a free initial consultation or even paying one for an hour of their time may save you a lot of time, money, and headaches in the long run. The insurance companies are most definitely not on your side.

7. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 14:23 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:16:
Wow, SteamOS can't mature fast enough. Windows 10 is turning into a colossal customer abuse platform.

I'm going to be stuck with Windows 8.1 and whatever Valve gets motivated to put into SteamOS.

Agreed. What I'd really like to do at this point is swtich to Linux for general OS work stuff and SteamOS for games and kick MS to the fucking curb entirely.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 29, 2016, 14:19 Cutter

PCs aren't going anywhere. They're still required for most for both work and play. Why buy a million separate devices when you can do it all on a PC?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2016, 14:15 Cutter

Well duh, but with a mostly apathetic populace of sheeple that don't know or care that's not going to happen. Big Brother is on the way.

News Comments > Steep Beta Nears
2. Re: Steep Beta Nears Oct 29, 2016, 14:13 Cutter

Aww, I was all excited this was a tea making simulator for a sec.

4. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 14:13 Cutter

3 time limitation? Fucking lol! Yet another reason not to use Spywin 10.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2016, 20:22 Cutter

Right on Tom! That's awesome. And of course the 2 GOP commissioners came down on the side of big biz and against the people as usual. Jesus, it'd be sad if it wasn't so funny; There was also an article on WaPo about how Trump's luxury hotels are struggling. Well why don't his supporters stay in them? Oh right, because they can't afford to. Once again going back to the ancient adage about conservatives are either rich or stupid, and most of them aren't rich.

News Comments > Book of Demons Demo
1. Re: Book of Demons Demo Oct 27, 2016, 20:05 Cutter

Kewl. I've had this on my wishlist for a while an have been hemming and hawing about getting it or not.

News Comments > Through the Woods Released
1. Re: Through the Woods Released Oct 27, 2016, 20:04 Cutter

Unless there's a hot Norwegian chick in those woods. Oh, it's on, in that case!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 17:46 Cutter

bigspender wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 17:35:
"Wildlife decline since 1970s reaches nearly 60%"

Please everyone, the governments aren't going to solve this for us. We all need to adopt a plant-based diet if the human species is going to survive the next 100 years. The power is in your hands.

Each time we eat beef, chicken, pork, eggs, fish, dairy we're destroying the environment.

Please don't turn the planet into Mad Max Fury Road. Do you want your children or grand-children do die gracefully from old age? Or do you want them to starve, or die of thrist? The choice is yours, and you have the power to help with every meal.

I know it feels like you might miss out on something, but the truth is you aren't. And you gain more than you could ever imagine.

You don't eat salads btw, you eat hearty plant foods like this: http://tinyurl.com/gvlxhdp

Awww don't worry about it. Before long we'll be growing meat in labs anyway. That and utilizing vertical farms in cities. We're omnivores. It's the smartest thing to be.

25399 Comments. 1270 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo