Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26976 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2017 Released
7. Re: Cricket Captain 2017 Released Jul 10, 2017, 17:05 Cutter

US Football like global soccer is really easy to understand. Move the ball from your side of the field to the opponents and put it over the line/in a box. And it's 60-90 minutes depending where you are. Cricket games can literally last several days I'm told.

That's why I compared it to Whackbat.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 13:44 Cutter

Yah my fence post guy is supposed to come tomorrow but with this weather all over the map it may not happen for another week, sigh. And my buddy that was supposed to help me out bailed, thanks a lot. I was really hoping to have this done by the end of the week but that's not going to happen. Whatevs it'll still look hella nice when I'm done. I'll remember to do before and after pics this time as I always forget to do those.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 11:56 Cutter

MajorD wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:48:
BobBob wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 10:28:
While purchasing property and dealing with Realtors, bankers, remodelers, etc. I've noticed something I am not happy with. Either I'm getting older and less patient or there is a growing narcissistic trend of people talking continuously without pause and not allowing the other person respond.

It's both, but the latter more so, and you can thank social anti-social media (Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Myspace, Pinterest, and Tumblr, etc.) for that, as it has generated an absurd level of narcissism and a self-obsessed society. Quite sad really....

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's always been that way. Most people never listen, they just wait for their turn to talk. That's as old as man itself. Listening skills are something that need to be cultivated like anything else. Employers ask for them for a reason, that's not just some HR bullshit.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 11:45 Cutter

Heh, I loved that bit in Police Academy where the two clowns get their head shaved than the other guy sits down and asks for a trim to which they ask, 'You can do that?' and the Barber replies, 'Yeah, this ain't the military.'

Or the haircut scene in Stripes.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2017, 11:20 Cutter

Jesus, this is like one of those 80s movies where this was all part of some cold war plot by the commies to take over America by embedding sleeper agents to take own America from the inside. Of course this makes republicans happy as a pig in shit because it functionally ends democracy in America. Welcome to the GOP oligarchy!

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2017 Released
1. Re: Cricket Captain 2017 Released Jul 10, 2017, 11:11 Cutter

Has there ever been a stranger, more incomprehensible game than Cricket? Except maybe Whackbat?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 22:11 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 12:41:
I'm curious did you inform the seller you are enthusiastic about the property and are in the process of selling your own? I've never owned a home so I don't know the ins and out but I would assume they might not market it as hard if they think they've got a buyer lined up they just may have to wait a bit for.

God no! That puts you into a weak position with no room to negotiate. In a sellers market it doesn't matter but it sure as hell does in a buyers market. Homes always go on the market for higher than they're worth - at least that's the principle of the thing. They ask high, you offer low, they counter, you counter, and either meet somewhere in between or call it off. It all really depends on how motivated the seller is. If they're in no rush they won't budge much on price regardless, if they need to sell than you'll do a lot better obviously - but that won't happen if they know you really want it.

Seeing as this is rural - according to Blue - homes don't move that fast even at the best of times so time is likely on they're side.

Aren't you guys pre-approved, Blue?

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 21:57 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 13:24:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 17:48:
There's always a reservoir of immunity in the population. The black death and spanish flu were solved pre-antibiotics, even though it wasn't pretty, and a lot of it is random variance.

That's a really stupid comparison, JIT cargo planning would collapse instantly, and take a guess where your food, where the gas for the food production, where the animal feed comes from.

Something like spanish flu would kill the US as a functional nation within 30 days. Yeah, you are immune if you survive, you are also now starving and facing anarchy and a new dark age... death would be preferable

And that would all depend on where you live and how prepared you are.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 14:19 Cutter

That's true and all, Cres, but lol at that Bosworth story.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 20:40 Cutter

Retired wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 17:33:
Loads and loads to storage. Floor in bathroom was grouted this AM. House is almost empty. There is something very eerie about having a bare bones home I have lived in for 11 years.....hard to describe.....

I am installing toilet and vanity tomorrow AM. Granite designers here Mon/Tue for measure and order of 60" granite vanity top for dual glass bowls.

/fingers crossed we come to agreement on other house and we get this on market within next 2 weeks.

What's the market like there? It's finally starting to crash here, and that is long overdue and drastically needed around these parts. Just yesterday they said sales are down 34% from this point last year and prices have fallen 100k. House prices here need to fall a lot more to get back to sane amounts of money. Fucking government should have got on this decades ago.

I was just thinking that it might be a bad time to buy if the markets are starting a shakeout - which seems to be the case. I know I wouldn't be looking at buying over the next year or two at least until we get some clearer direction of where we're headed.

Post some pics of the bathroom. I'm starting my fence next week - if the weather holds - and doing some raised beds and other stuff so I'll post some pics as well.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 12:03 Cutter

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 10:51:
Stan Lee's wife just passed away....statistically that is not a good sign for him. We'll lose a major creative/comedic celebrity when he moves on. The MCU franchise has done a fantastic job of using him to help push the films....and unlike DC they have been well received for the most part.

Are you kidding me? They should have never let that egomaniac into the films. Just breaks the fourth wall all the time. And he doesn't deserve even 1/4 of the credit he claims. We'll lose nothing except another egomaniac in a world overflowing with them. You're the first person I've ever heard that even remotely likes him, much less believes he's a major talent, lol!

News Comments > Firefall Falls
4. Re: Firefall Falls Jul 7, 2017, 11:51 Cutter

So long to the WoW knockoff no one asked for. And why on earth would anyone give him dime one after this nonsense? You'd literally be better off burning your money.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 6, 2017, 23:06 Cutter

Fucking liberal elite cheap labor traitorous bastards. So not only can no one find a good job in this country anymore as it races to the bottom, Trudeau actually increased immigration quotas to 300k per year. Yet again we see the true colors of the elite Cons/Libs in Canada and all the fucking morons keep voting for them over an over again destroying their own way of life.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2017, 23:00 Cutter

I like the gameplay of games like Stardew I just can't stand the graphics. I hate that cutesy style crap. I'd love to see a game like this with a bit more realism graphically. Something like Fallout or NWN with being able to do all this sort of crafting.

News Comments > Thief of Thieves Announced
2. Re: Thief of Thieves Announced Jul 6, 2017, 22:58 Cutter

I wish we could get a new - real - Thief game.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Weekend
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Weekend Jul 6, 2017, 22:57 Cutter

I'll have to dust off this and Mad Max before too long for another playthrough. Mebbe in the fall.

News Comments > Doomfist on Overwatch PTR
1. Re: Doomfist on Overwatch PTR Jul 6, 2017, 22:56 Cutter

Doomfist: Making some gals - and guys - weak in the knees at the mention of his name. Biker

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
26. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 17:43 Cutter

Here's the review - from a month ago - that really dissuaded me. And there are several more recent ones like it as well.

"Prior to the last few months I would have highly recommended this game and had highly recommended it to all my friends. I have purchased Eight copies of the game and have gotten countless people to purchase the game (I run a large minecraft community and converted many of them to playing on my 7d2d server). I am heavily invested in this game and as stated heavily support the developers (The Fun Pimps) until recent events.

7d2d does its builds in large patches rather than many small patches due to many of the updates requiring players to restart their maps. It is currently on its alpha build 15 about to enter alpha build 16. Prior to getting into why exactly I would avoid purchasing this game, let me give an honest review of the game and why exactly I had previously loved this game.

I am massive fan of the theorizing zombie apocalypse scenarios. This game allows you to live out many of those day dreams in that the entire world is breakable and buildable. If you are familiar with the ideas behind minecraft then 7 Days to Die will instantly feel very similar. There is something very special about finding a house out in the woods and fortifying the windows, and sitting on the toilet all night praying that a zombie out in the darkness doesn't detect you. For an open world sandbox game the amount of magical moments that just send electricity racing down your spine is really something commendable.

As with all early access games it isn't without its flaws, Zombie pathfinding is horribly buggy. Furthermore once you reach a certain level of game knowledge "cheesing it" becomes very easy and zombies become nothing more than an annoyance that threatens to damage your base every 7 days.

The last comment I'll make on the actual content of the game can be both seen as negative and positive. Base building can be obscenely grindy and can become a massive time sink. If you got plenty of extra time and you want something to occupy you then its perfect. However if you don't want basebuilding to become a full time job then smacking rocks for hours can be extremely dull.

For recent events that has led my overall opinion to shift from positive to negative the current build of a15.2 has been out for 4 months and a15 itself came out over 8 months ago. 7 days to die initially launched on steam early access in 2013 after a successful kick starter campaign in which they raised over $500,000 more than double the amount they asked for. In the kickstarter they said they expected the game to be done by may 2014. Well here we are in 2017. 4+ years in steam early access.

Sure things take time and the argument can be made that they drastically underestimated time needed and we should be thankful that they supported the game this long etc. Problem is that haven't met their many of their kickstarter promised goals. I am now of the opinion that they intend to keep this game in early access for as long as people are still buying the game and when the revenue stream dries up the project will be abandoned never to be "finished".

To get into the current drama and issues; as previously stated it has been over 8 months since a content update to the game and several stated release times have come and gone. it is expected for newest content patch alpha 16 to be going live sometime soon. The issue becomes apparent in that The Fun Pimps decided that rather than realizing oh hey we really dropped the ball in releasing this in a timely fashion lets get this out to our supporters ASAP. Instead they elect to try and turn this into some kind of marketing scheme releasing the update early to streamers to try and promote the game by generating hype. Naturally this received a lot of negative feedback from the community. Rather than realize mistake many were banned from the forums. Furthermore the Lead Dev goes out of his way to insult the community saying that they haven't done anything to deserve access and that you have to earn access to early access.

While the game is pretty fun in its current alpha15 I simple cannot recommend anyone purchasing this game and financially rewarding such poor behavior from The Fun Pimps. "

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2017, 13:54 Cutter

Blue wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 12:02:
Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 11:47:
Maybe the skunk was just practicing holding his breath.

And goddam who the hell installed those root cellar doors? What a mess! Still, a root cellar is great. I'd love to have one. I actually have a book on root cellaring. It's amazing what you can store and for how long all without refrigeration if it's done properly.

That's not a root cellar, those are just Bilco doors for the basement. The rust and deterioration there is indicative of some aspects of this house. It was a beautiful luxurious home, but in serious disrepair. That pool, for instance, needs a new liner, as well as a new cover (and I'm guessing more). And then there's the mess. The entire basement was completely filled with junk, and the three car garage was absolutely stuffed to the brim with not only junk but garbage as well.

This presents a wonderful opportunity for someone who is willing to fix and clean it all up, but I'm not sure that's going to be us.

Well yeah, you have to be realistic. That sounds like the perfect place for me - like you I could care less about a pool though. I'd rather pick the house up for a song, gut it and reno it the way I want done than buy something turnkey. And I can do most of the work and have enough friends and family in the trades I can get the rest of it done far cheaper than someone like you who'd have to bring in a contractor to do it all.

That seems to be a real common problem with a lot of rural homes. I go out looking at them from time to time to see what's going for what and a lot of them are real dumps. It's always flabbergasted me that people can live like that. I'll always be grateful to my folks for being so anal about maintaining a clean home in good repair. Still, space and peace and quiet is nice. And you guys will have to get a new companion for the Gunnar-man, because there's no better place for a dog to be than in the country.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
17. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 13:48 Cutter

ItBurn wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 11:32:
7 days to die is still the gold standard for these games if you ask me. Is it worth 60$? I'd say sure, but I wouldn't pay that.

I considered grabbing that during the sale but all the recent reviews say the opposite of that. Apparently the game hasn't been updated in a year and the devs are, apparently, major fucking douchebags who have been censoring and banning people criticizing them for the lack of updates and criticisms of them. The game was supposed to be finished 3 years ago. From the sounds of it it's just another EA game that is slowly grinding to a halt as the devs get bored of it and are taking the money and running.

26976 Comments. 1349 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo