Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27207 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2017, 17:27 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:10:
It's gonna be like Hunger Games, where all the plebs have nothing to do but live off the land or entertain the ultra rich.

No, actually it'll be more like Red October or the French Revolution with the elites getting their fucking heads cut off and the wealth redistributed to the people. I'd actually like to see that. Viva la Revolucion! Viva Che! Power to the People! Beatnik

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2017, 17:25 Cutter

Actually given the massive shortage of drivers it's actually become a lot better job where drivers can set what they will and won't work. That aside I'll never understand why they weren't building more railways. It's just so much more cost-effective and efficient in the long run. Saying nothing of the environmental benefits to boot.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
47. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 17:20 Cutter

Devinoch wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 17:05:
Misogyny on display.

I don't have any problems with people having opinions on things, but using the term "Social Justice Warrior" as an insult immediately puts you in the category of "people who think the idea of women being treated as equals is bullshit" and, frankly, beneath the time worthy of a conversation.

You could've made the point that the female-voice to male-voice ratio of stormtroopers seems out-of-whack without being a troll about it, and it would have been a perfectly legitimate criticism to make if, in fact, it is at a 3-to-1 ratio (although, let's also be fair - you are unlikely to have ever made this criticism if it was 3-to-1 in the other direction, now are you?) and one we could've had an actual discussion about.

But you're not interested in such things, because you're much more interested in calling people "SJWs" and thinking somehow that makes you interesting.

It's a shame you can't engage with people whose opinions don't mirror your own without sinking to immediate, obvious trolling. You'd likely learn quite a bit.

Or just maybe you are an SJW and people not bending to your special little snowflake view of the world triggers you into a typical shrill liberal diatribe that has no actual basis in reality. Women aren't equal. Neither are men. None of us are equal so why should people treated like that? Just because you say so? No different from the extreme-right, the extreme-left lives in some little fantasy world where everyone is supposed to hold hands and sing Kumbaya all day long - instead of doing any actual work. If you people would just shut up and stop trying to force your twisted, irrational views on everyone else than they wouldn't be complaining about how fucking irritating your type are, would they? The Universe doesn't give a fuck about what you think is fair or moral or good or bad and neither does most life on this planet.

People like you are the direct cause of rise of the right-wing. It's would be funny if it wasn't so sad that all the shit you whine about comes about entirely because of your whinging. And the fact is you're the one stirring shit up. So that makes you the fucking troll, not him. He was simply expressing his opinion. You're the one having a hissy fit and saying he's not entitled to his beliefs. Well fuck you and the PC horse you rode in on. Middlefinger

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 12:17 Cutter

I don't see any Italian dukes in those pictures, just dogs.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2017, 12:00 Cutter

Morris, of Embark, says this lack of research is partly out of necessity. “It’s much easier to measure the things that you have now that might go away,” says Morris. “It’s much harder to measure the things that will be created through innovation.” Cars might have killed the buggy whip industry, but they created jobs in the hospitality industry, the oil and gas industry ... and trucking.

And that's true in reverse. All the ancillary jobs related to trucking will be lost as well. So you're talking several million people here. If the government isn't doing anything about it that's the sort of thing that foments massive crimes precipitating bloody revolution. Especially if neural nets/AI start replacing white collar workers in the same way as expected. Then you start looking at 10s to 100s of millions out of work, billions around the planet. And no one has any money to spend on the products and services that they've been replaced in and the economy collapses to boot. So I don't see how that can possibly work without the invention of matter replicators like in Star Trek. It doesn't seem to me that any of the companies that want to implement these sorts of automation are taking any of this into account. That somehow countries full of unemployed people will somehow automagically keep the various economies going.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 11:47 Cutter

Things like these are work, not games. Everyone grinds in RL everyday, why the hell would you want that in what's supposed to be an escape from that?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 16, 2017, 23:42 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 22:53:
Don't fall for it... Temporarily suspending in-game purchases doesn't mean jack shit, wait and see if they actually change what those purchases are.

Exactly. "Temporarily". Yeah sure, until people start buying it then you go right back to square one. You're a fucking tool if you give those motherfuckers dime one and support this bullshit in any way, shape, or form.

Our goal has always been to create the best possible game for all of you

See, I could never do a job that requires me to lie through my teeth like that. I'd find it soul crushing. I suppose if you don't have a soul you can do it quite easily like he does. The goal of EA has always been and always be to make money. Quality and caring about the customer has never entered into it. Never.

It all so reminds me of this scene from Monty Python's Meaning of Life, People are not wearing enough hats....

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2017, 20:47 Cutter

In his remarks Thursday, Pai said it was “utter nonsense” that his agency's decisions on media ownership would lead to a company dominating local media markets by buying up newspapers and radio stations.

“It will open the door to pro-competitive combinations that will strengthen local voices,” he said, and “better serve local communities.”

Ok, seriously now, this clown really needs to die in a fucking fire.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 16, 2017, 20:47 Cutter

I'd hardly call that a parkour master. And as someone pointed out if the course was all preprogrammed it's not that impressive.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2017, 20:43 Cutter

C'est superb!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 17:36 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 16:46:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 15:42:
Did anyone else hear about NFL commish Roger Goodell's contract negotiations? $50M a year and lifetime use of a private jet.
They had already paid him over $40m in 2012, although it was down under $40m in 2013 & 2014. Unfortunately, since the NFL offices gave up their "non-profit" status, we won't be getting that information any longer, unless they release it. However, even with that information I have a hard time figuring out if Goodell is an idiot for not sitting quietly while he is making $30m or if he is a genius for thinking, "Hell, if they paid me $40m before why wouldn't they pay me $50m now?" Either way he definitely has some serious balls....

Yes, but the GOP just passed their 'snatch & grab' bill - they call it tax reform - which slashes the taxes of orgs like the NFL from 40% to 25%. So they'll be paying something like 70 billion less in taxes over the coming decade now. Once again, the GOP demonstrate the 'rich get richer and the poor get children' policy under their guidance. It would be comical if GOP supporters actually knew how bad they screw themselves and everyone else by supporting them if it wasn't so sad.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 15:05 Cutter

The Safari Club? Why doesn't some deranged shooter or terrorist target deserving assholes like that?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 16, 2017, 15:04 Cutter

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:42:
Nobody gives half a flying fuck about Canada though. It could literally disappear from the map tomorrow morning and nobody would notice for a while. At some point, retards would start wondering what kind of socks Troudeau is wearing today, I guess, then word would get around that Canada is missing.

Yet you care enough to troll. Jealous that the world loves him and hates you? Awww, let me order the world's tiniest violin online to play it for you.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 16, 2017, 12:50 Cutter

I have a Hisense fridge and it's pretty sweet.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 16, 2017, 12:49 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 12:33:
I will tell you now, that shipping from Wal-Mart fucking SUCKS.

Also make sure to use Blue's link on the front page for Amazon!

Uh no it does not. In fact anytime I've ordered it from them I get it just as fast if not faster than Amazon, especially 3rd party sellers and you never know how long something will take until after you've ordered it. What's more it's always a massive pain in the ass returning anything to Amazon, especially 3rd party sellers. Need to return anything to Walmart? Just take it to a store. Amazon sucks up here and most people only use it when they absolutely have to.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches Nov 16, 2017, 00:36 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 21:52:
Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:17:
So is this the POE that'll be any good?

Yes, again!

I really don't know what you want in a CRPG, seems like they all disappointed you.

Wth are you talking about? CRPGs are my fave genre and I've played virtually all of them. You're talking to a guy who started PnP in the 80s, BBS Door games and MUDs in the 90s, and started PC gaming on a x286. No, what Obsidian and InXile have been doing lately have dissapointed me...immensely. Their prior work has all been stuff I've enjoyed for the most part. Witcher 3 is now my all time fave game. No complaints there. Elex is good. Ember, Warlock of Firetop Mountain, etc. I'm enjoying plenty of CRPGs. POE was not amongst them. And I'm not alone in that, not by a long shot. Loads of people didn't like it.
Wasteland wasn't bad but it was meh? Tranny wasn't very good either.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Shutting Down
6. Re: Marvel Heroes Shutting Down Nov 15, 2017, 20:59 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 20:14:
I had really hoped one of the expansions would've given us a mission editor. It would have been fun to play around with setting your own goals and dialogue for the Savage Land, Xavier's school and the other locales and characters that they had in the game. Maybe Avengers Project will have some kind of user content capability.

Exactly. I'll never ever ever ever understand why these types of games don't come with editors. Allow your community to do the work - well a good deal of it anyway - for you. Yeah there'll be a lot of crap but no shortage or real quality material as well that will make people want to stick around and continue to make you money. That ever CRPG or ARPG isn't built like NWN just boggles my mind. If I was ever going to make one of those games you can be damn sure an easy to use, powerful editor for players to use would be top of the list.

And no, AP sounds really bad as it's going to be a 3rd person cover based "social" game. Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 15, 2017, 19:23 Cutter

Drippy dick?

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer
1. Re: SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer Nov 15, 2017, 19:22 Cutter

Wow, visuals are impressive at any rate.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 15, 2017, 19:21 Cutter

So like if a psychopath is looking for hookers to kill this'll make it easier to find them?

27207 Comments. 1361 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo