Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24342 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2016, 14:40 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 05:24:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 04:21:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 16:52:
I dunno about that. I've always been a firm believer in Panspermia - the theory that life originated via delivery of asteroids. It would sure explain things like the Mantis Shrimp.

So where did the life on the asteroids come from, and how did it come about? Panspermia doesn't say dick about the origin of life, it's just a theory about planet hopping primitive life hitching a ride from one place to another.

I don't think Cutter actually believes in Panspermia, he has just been waiting years to use it in a sentence.

Obviously the life would have evolved on A planet, just not this one. And with whatever accident occurred that sent all those asteroids hurtling through space to land on other worlds life would still evolved differently - although from the same point of origin - depending on what that particular galaxy and solar system are like. Hence the reason we're carbon based and not silicon based lifeforms. That makes much more sense than the crap shoot that guesses how life started here from nothing.

"Hey! Nobody calls Moe St. Cool a phony!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2016, 14:35 Cutter

They lie, cheat, steal, frame, coerce, threaten, and try to flee the country and they only get 6 years? I'm so sick of this sort of bullshit with one set of laws for the rich/cops/politicians and another for the rest of us. Those fuckers should be doing 20 years!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 17, 2016, 14:26 Cutter

Zackly. Just yet one more reason to use Ublock Origin.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
10. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 14:24 Cutter

Looks good. PDS!

News Comments > AGONY Trailers
2. Re: AGONY Trailers Aug 17, 2016, 14:19 Cutter

Interesting in that second video how they utilized the Empyrean cicle in a corrupt fashion. One would have to assume it leads directly to Lucifer himself. I quite like how EA dpecited Dante's Inferno, it was just a same they made it a shitty ARPG instead of a proper CRPG. I think that would make an amazing game - and film to boot. This looks a little low rent but I guess we'll see.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer
2. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 14:13 Cutter

Yeah, I loved the first game and have always loved SP anyway, but I'll still be waiting for a while at least until it hits the $20 mark.

News Comments > Steep in December
5. Re: Steep in December Aug 17, 2016, 14:12 Cutter

Misleading title! And here I was all stoked thinking it was a virtual tea making simulator!

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2016, 23:21 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 21:53:
I'm rather surprised no one has said 'Now that's some pole on pole action right there!'

Well I dunno about any of that but I do know that for some reason or another female pole vaulters are all exceedingly hot. I give you exhibit one....

Alison Stokke

3. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2016, 21:37 Cutter

Good clickbait title because it clearly wasn't his hand that knocked it off. Rolleyes

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 18:45 Cutter

Go back in my posts and I called the MP portion of the game as bullshit from day one. I'll say it again, anything like this is about metrics. They want to datamine the shit out of it like Blizzard does to see what particular carrot keeps the mule moving forward the longest. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a psychologist on board for this game - as Blizzard does for their titles. Look at the achievements in this game, shallow and completely meaningless yet they come at a constant rate to give the illusions of progress. This game is a sandbox without any toys in it. In which case I'd rather just go to tbe beach and lay in the sand for free.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2016, 16:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 14:50:
Given that life originated in the ocean, and vents provide a wealth of both energy and minerals, I think the hypothesis is solid.

I dunno about that. I've always been a firm believer in Panspermia - the theory that life originated via delivery of asteroids. It would sure explain things like the Mantis Shrimp.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2016, 16:48 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 14:51:
Redwood wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 11:13:
Be aware that LED bulbs will fade over time as well. Maybe they eventually go out, but really they primarily just get dimmer. That's no reason at all to stay away, just something to be aware of. If you feel the lights are dimmer in a few years, it's not you losing your mind. Well, at least not for that reason.

Usually LEDs are claimed to have a 30,000 hour life. After how many hours do they normally dim? I just got a box of CFLs a few years ago, and they're all still bright, so not yet in the market for new bulbs, but wondering if LEDs are worth it. (I guess at $2, that's worth it tho)

At today's prices, switching to LED light bulbs is finally an easy decision.

How Much Could You Save?

Now consider that those savings are from just one bulb. Think about the number of lights in your house ó some fixtures, like chandeliers or ceiling fans, probably even use three bulbs or more. If you replaced 20 incandescent bulbs with LED light bulbs throughout your home, you could save up to $3,260 over their 23-year lifespan (and thatís assuming utility rates donít rise).

Still, you donít even have to make that big of a commitment to realize some significant savings. Switching just the five most-used lights in your home ó for instance, the lights in your living room, kitchen, and entryway, which are probably in use closer to four hours a day ó could save you around $44 a year on your electric bill.

It basically equates to about $10 a year per bulb in your home over a 20 year period, so it's pretty substantial.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2016, 13:50 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 11:44:
Redwood wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 11:13:
Be aware that LED bulbs will fade over time as well. Maybe they eventually go out, but really they primarily just get dimmer. That's no reason at all to stay away, just something to be aware of. If you feel the lights are dimmer in a few years, it's not you losing your mind. Well, at least not for that reason.

Keep an eye on the company you buy them from, some have a warranty against fading for x years. The first and 2nd gen CREE bulbs and the phillips bulbs that I currently have warranty fade for 5 years and lifetime against failure. Also, the whiter the light the less you're going to notice it fading. I know a lot of people like warm light, but I find that the closer to white light you get the better and they're not so aggravating on my migraines. Upside, I've yet to have a LED cause either a headache or migraine like the old CFL's.

Also, if you're in Canada keep an eye out for "Energy Star" rebates. You can buy the bulbs(LED and CFL) for a couple of bucks or even pennies when the rebate periods are on, no mail in junk just take the coupon with you.

Yeah, I actually replaced most of my bulbs last year because of those rebates. I went with the Cree bulbs myself and have no complaints. Except how insanely powerful they are. We renovated half the basement last year and created a new workshop. On the advice of my electrician I went with LED potlights from Bazz. I went with six 7w/50w equivalent soft whites thinking that's probably good but holy shit they're bright at max. I have to keep the dimmer almost at minimum or risk being fried by the cosmic radiation they emit. When we cranked them up the first time my cousin - who's a carpenter and was helping me reno it - yelled 'Ahhhh! Carol Ann don't go into the light!' Heh, I haven't noticed any flickering however.

News Comments > Silence: The Whispered World 2 Trailer
2. Re: Silence: The Whispered World 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2016, 13:22 Cutter

Where silence holds lease....

1. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2016, 00:14 Cutter

93? Oi vey that's a good run! So long you great messhuganah bastard!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
12. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 16, 2016, 00:05 Cutter

Stop buying this scheisse and supporting DicEA. You want WWI? Get Badiya instead.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs
9. Re: Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs Aug 15, 2016, 21:04 Cutter

Not like I ever had any intention of ever buying this scheisse, but if I had this alone would have resulted in a lost sale.

15. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 15:36 Cutter

RPS nails it pretty well with the myriad problems with the game. It's almost like the people at Hello Games have zero game design experience and come from other fields. There are so many amateur mistakes in how they made this game I really wonder if that isn't the case. It's more like a game designed by actual computer scientists who just happen to be casual gamers themselves. They came across a neat algorithm and decided to make a game from it. And rather than hire an experienced lead dev and producer they decided to wing it themselves.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
13. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 17:51 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 14:01:
Obsidian technically has the whole Troika team working for them and has several secret projects! Lighter

Brian and Annie usually worked as outside contractors in the past, i.e. Alpha Protocol and such.

Yeah, get Tim Cain to head up design. Just keep outside producers from Paradox on hand to keep Obsidian on track and you could have a real winner there.

11. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 02:13 Cutter

Oh yeah, no local maps is a real great design choice on huge fuckin planets. Icons that don't even change color or tick off so you never know if you been there before or not. Honestly, this thing is just rife with "Basic Game Design 101 Mistakes That Everyone Else Stopped Making A Decade Ago". No, this isn't even a $20 game, it's a $5 or less time waster for tablets. Something you'd want to play on a road trip or flight or something to pass the time without having to think or invest anything in it.

24342 Comments. 1218 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo