Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29434 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2018, 15:17 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 12:16:
The elk wasn't trying if it didn't catch you...

Actually we got across a fence on a baseball diamond. I suppose he could have cleared it easily but just wasn't that invested in it. We found out later that it was rutting season so the males were a lot more aggressive than usual and they tended to chase people if they got too close but weren't hardcore trying to kill people. If they were there would have been Elk on the menu all over town. Still when some 1000lb beast with antlers comes at you discretion is definitely the better part of valor.

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2018, 12:12 Cutter

When I first moved to Calgary we went up to Banff to party for the weekend and ended up getting chased by a huge goddamned Elk. Needed a fresh pair of underoos after that one.

Always been a big fan of the smoking jacket and silk pjs. Of course it really helps when you're rich and constantly surrounded by oodles of hot chicks.

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 9, 2018, 12:04 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 05:37:
Actually if you know your ancient deities you also know that both sides of this argument are wrong. Neither of these statues show Baphomet which I think is even more hilarious than this lawsuit

Baphy-baby was originally created to represent the balance in all things. He was the conduit by which all magicks are practiced and go through. He was idealized construct, not Satan. If you want the definintive work on the Occult, et al. Grab a copy of Manly P. Hall's The Secret Teachings of All Ages

He covers the Goat of Mendes in it.

News Comments > Rage in Peace Released
2. Re: Rage in Peace Released Nov 9, 2018, 11:48 Cutter

Dumbest title ever.

News Comments > Body of Evidence Next Year
1. Re: Body of Evidence Next Year Nov 9, 2018, 11:47 Cutter

"What about you Lash LaRue? Think you can keep your spurs from jinglin' janglin'?"

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2018, 21:54 Cutter

The unmitigated greed of these psychopaths simply boggles the mind. Shit, why not let them get away with outright theft, rape, and murder while you're at it?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 8, 2018, 21:50 Cutter

This clown is just cluing into this now? What the hell did he imagine it would be like with a million drones overhead in cities buzzing around everywhere? It'll be a fucking nightmare if it ever comes to pass. Drones need to be licensed and tracked. All footage should automatically be uploaded to central government repositories automatically to ensure people aren't using them for illegal and/or stupid reasons.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2018, 14:59 Cutter

Spektr wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 13:34:
"Ronald Reagan LSD probe bigger than you think, 14 nuke sailors snagged"

Wow, I thought I was already high on LSD while trying to make sense out of that title lol (The ultimate clickbait: A title so confusing you had to click to get what they are talking about. But I am glad to hear Reagan is not actually involved in that sordid affairs)

No but the CIA was regularly experimenting on the public - in Canada as well - and torturing inmates and mental patients for 2 decades with LSD. Just go search for "CIA LSD experiments" plenty of info on it out there. While GOP politicians may or may not have known about it they certainly did their best to fight against any and all restitution claims of the victims of that horror. That's nothing new.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2018, 16:19.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2018, 14:49 Cutter

Fletcher Reeedle said it best...."Stop breaking the law, asshole!"

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Expansion This Month
1. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Expansion This Month Nov 8, 2018, 14:22 Cutter

Alternative universe Jack Burton: 'We really shook the tails of dinosaurs, didn't we, Wong?'

News Comments > Fallout 76 Roadmap
18. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 10:24 Cutter

christheshitter wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 09:14:

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 06:36:
Some people are extremely sensitive to motion sickness, which is a major problem if the FOV cannot be user configured.

FoV sickness is not the same as motion sickness though. I can play games like Prey (the original with its pretty wild upside/down "4D" gameplay), I can play every single other FPS just fine, I can ride rollercoasters and I can fly gliders but gimme a game with a low FoV and I feel like puking within a few minutes.

It's like the narrow FoV passes straight through the eyes right into the brain and triggers something within. It is immediately physically painful to play like an oncoming migraine and then the sickness sets in very quickly.

It has nothing to do with motion sickness though. The last time I puked (with no alcohol involved that is... I puked quite a few times in my teens and twens from drinking too much ofc ) was at age 14 so 32 years ago.
I have naturally been on many turbulent flights, boat trips, rollercoasters etc. since then but never got sick.
Well, I have also never puked from poor FoV (yet) but it was pretty close a few times.

So, yeah, fuck no PoV slider. Another excellent reason to ignore this piece of shit.

I couldn't put it any better.

You and Cutter are the only ones i have respect for on Blues. The others seems to be braindead morons who buy every crap the big publishers put up in their face.

Thanks but I'm never going to say something is inherently bad simply because I don't like it. It's just bad for me IMO. I don't mind overall concept of this game it's just the forced PvP bullshit. Any gamer who's been around long enough has seen that time and again and knows what the end result is. Hines is just an arrogant asshole if thinks they can have this and eliminate griefers too. Ain't gonna' happen.

That and players can't host their own private servers. Oh sure you can do that so long as it goes through Bethsoft, and again, we've all seen that before. They say the game will be online "forever", which means maybe 5 years at the most before they pull the plug on it, or whenever it becomes unprofitable. Those two issues are deal breakers for me.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2018, 10:11 Cutter

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, or gets pregnant.

News Comments > BioWare on More Mass Effect
13. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 10:04 Cutter

Whilst it's good to see more CRPGs that aren't high fantasy Mass Effect is decent but nothing great.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
7. Re: Take-Two Financials Nov 8, 2018, 10:02 Cutter

And bringing it to PC means another easy billion. No way they're passing up on that again.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2018, 21:37 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 19:10:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 16:13:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 12:46:
Nice jacks! Ahoy

So we are thinking Nov 21 for the big holiday sales to start?

Games or everything? Steam BF sale is no great shakes - really none of their sales are anymore. I generally end up buying from GOG, Fanatical, GMG, et al. now. I need to buy a new TV so I'm waiting for CM - you have to be on serious drugs to go out to stores on BF IMO. Still looking for recs for TVs - brands - if anyone has them. So far I'm leaning toward a Samsung QLED this time around. 49" QLED for a grand? I'd buy that for a dollar! Reallly postiive review on it here...

Samsung Q9 4K UHD QLED TV - Hands On Review

I'm not seeing the Q9 in 49" size, looks like 65" and 75" only.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-tv-models-price-3367473

depending on your usage this site does extensive tests on things that most sites don't, like input lag if you intend on using it for PC gaming or *gag* console gaming.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q9fn-q9f-q9-2018

edit: another good resource for input lag

https://displaylag.com/best-low-input-lag-tvs-gaming-by-gamers/

not all panel sizes have the same specs so in the case of a samsung 49" vs the 55", the 55" panel can support 120hz but the 49" does not.

Ahh thanks for catching that. I deffo want 120hz so I'll go up to the 55" if I must.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2018, 16:13 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 12:46:
Nice jacks! Ahoy

So we are thinking Nov 21 for the big holiday sales to start?

Games or everything? Steam BF sale is no great shakes - really none of their sales are anymore. I generally end up buying from GOG, Fanatical, GMG, et al. now. I need to buy a new TV so I'm waiting for CM - you have to be on serious drugs to go out to stores on BF IMO. Still looking for recs for TVs - brands - if anyone has them. So far I'm leaning toward a Samsung QLED this time around. 49" QLED for a grand? I'd buy that for a dollar! Reallly postiive review on it here...

Samsung Q9 4K UHD QLED TV - Hands On Review

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 15:41 Cutter

Yeah, I only give my cell to friends and family, so virtually no spam. Any service that asks me for a cell # in order to use I simply won't use.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2018, 11:00 Cutter

Accused is not guilty.

News Comments > Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon Released
1. Re: Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon Released Nov 7, 2018, 10:55 Cutter

Don't care about the game but I do love me some shawarma.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 6, 2018, 21:11 Cutter

So will games make Nazis into kids?

29434 Comments. 1472 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo