Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26876 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Robotic bees? NOOOO!!! Sep 11, 2017, 13:45 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 11:07:
Did you fools not watch Black Mirror??!!

No. What is it? I missed The Orville last night so I wanna check that out but top of my list is The Deuce. That looks effing sweet.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > First Emotion Processing Unit Launches
6. Re: First Emotion Processing Unit Launches Sep 11, 2017, 13:38 Cutter

Teal'c SG:1 wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 11:46:
If you cant explain what your new piece of software can do in plain english, then your software is bullshit. i've watched this launch crap before, and more obfuscation is just marketing hype.

When these guys fail, it will because the first folks who plug this into a game will find its a sorry excuse for an A.I. for emotional analysis.

Give these guys a toe tag now, so we can identify corpse more easily in the ruins of this company.

Exactly. It's sentient? Are you fucking kidding me. That's not puffery, that's a flat out lie. Emotionally reactive? Bullshit! More like reactive to a large preprogrammed set of variables and conditions.

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
13. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 13:34 Cutter

Translation: We're still years off from anything meaningful - if ever - and need 10s of millions more obviously.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 11:25 Cutter

Go Packers!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 10, 2017, 11:18 Cutter

So an exhibit about human nature and how evolution is predicated almost wholly on sex and violence in other words?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 16:22 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 13:46:
That generator story gives me hope for humanity.

Remember this scene from Starman? Yeah, I'd agree that when the chips are down people can be pretty amazing. It just sucks they're such assholes the rest of the time.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 16:15 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 15:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 14:01:
Equifax apparently is trying to become the most hated company on the planet.

There's not much to like about credit rating companies even when they aren't leaking your information to criminals.

Exactly. I think they should be illegal. It's just another form of discrimination. At the very least they should need your permission to keep any information on you at all.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Community Documentary Sep 9, 2017, 15:56 Cutter

They should debut it at...The Apollo.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 8, 2017, 20:48 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:41:
Now if it was only Bigger and Longer.....

Better, harder, stronger, faster!

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 18:49 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 18:33:
Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:14:
Fortunately I also had a bunch of clove oil around and that stuff really works amazingly well. I put a few drops om the tooth and it was good for several hours.

Just a heads up, avoid tramadol for pain relief if they offer it. It's considered one of the hardest pain killers to get off of, and the withdrawal symptoms are among the worst. One of the guys at the pain clinic was on it for nearly a decade. Even using the "15% reduction per week" he said it was like constantly having the flu. At one point the withdrawal had him up for 90hrs straight, and he couldn't sleep at all. Had to goto the hospital to be sedated.

I've been on them for about 8years, if you're "at the same dose" all the time you don't notice it, but the second you miss it, it feels like you're coming down with a cold. You just feel shitty and it goes downhill from there. It feels like you're coming down with a cold or flu, nausea waves, headaches, just plain shit. Even people who've only used it for a month find the withdrawal very hard.

Yeah, he didn't prescribe anything, saying he'd be surprised if I needed anything beyond Tylenol and I trust him on that. The pressure is off the TMJ nerve and the blood is flowing properly now getting rid of any remaining infection and inflamation so it feels tons better. Not even the least bit sore atm and the freezing wore off hours ago. We'll see tonight. That aside, yeah I've always been hugely careful to avoid popping anything that's addictive. I'd rather take some discomfort over risking getting addicted to something precisely for the reasons you mentioned.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2017, 18:45 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:09:
Gay or Straight it doesn't matter. All guys check out the competition.

Not true at all. I have no competition. Biker

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 15:57 Cutter

Love my dentist. The guy is just so good. Freeze, freeze, freeze, bing, bang, boom! Tooth was out before I even had time to pucker my anus and didn't feel a thing. Seriously, I was just starting to clench up thinking he was about to start when I hear, 'Annnd we're done.' Best dentist I've ever had.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 8, 2017, 15:55 Cutter

Oh there'll be class actions and plenty of them. There'll also be a shit ton of personal civil suits which will really hurt them. They're just fortunate - so far - that this is coinciding with the hurricane stuff. However, soon as that's over eyes will be focusing on them. Wouldn't be the least surprised to see them dragged in front of a Senate oversight committee. Don't kid yourself, those dicks are in for a world of hurt.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2017, 15:51 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 12:33:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 11:48:
Comcast Offers Free WiFi Access as Hurricane Irma Looms.

Trying to shed that "worst company in the world" label? Nice try, but stop using your help desk as a sales vector, and we'll start to reconsider.

Did you see the video of the guy finally getting in touch with his dad?
They are doing something for free and ahead of a major storm, just accept it for what it is.

Yeah a slimy move to try and milk some good PR from a terrible event. What? You think they actually did this because they care? Lol!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 13:14 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 12:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 12:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 11:18:
Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 10:57:
Fuck, my next door neighbor died last night, heart attack. He was only 58. He was a good man. And I have to get a tooth yanked today. Oh yeah, this is going to be just a great weekend, sigh.

Make sure they give you enough painkillers for 6 months

Yeah, I already have that, it's called booze.

Wash down 3 ibuprofen with your drink of choice. You should be good to go for 5-6 hours anyway. Switch to a couple naproxen sodium at night, since those are 12 hour.

Also: ice, ice, baby. And some video games to take your mind of the discomfort, scientifically proven.

My BP is already elevated because the tooth is inflamed - just came off amoxicillan - so no nsaids for me. I won't be drinking either for the same reason. But I am down with the ice, ice baby, too cold, too cold. Bought a box of fudgesicles from Costco this morning and have a bunch of soft foods lined up. I don't imagine it'll be too bad, especially compared to where I was for the last 2 weeks which is agonizing pain. You always forget how bad a toothache can be until you get one. Effing amazing how brutal they are. Fortunately I also had a bunch of clove oil around and that stuff really works amazingly well. I put a few drops om the tooth and it was good for several hours.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 12:21 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 11:18:
Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 10:57:
Fuck, my next door neighbor died last night, heart attack. He was only 58. He was a good man. And I have to get a tooth yanked today. Oh yeah, this is going to be just a great weekend, sigh.

Make sure they give you enough painkillers for 6 months

Yeah, I already have that, it's called booze.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 10:57 Cutter

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 10:24 Cutter

Thank you, Chiefs! What a wafflestomp! Dammit, and I almost changed my pick at the last second. Like everyone else I didn't think they'd win but I was sorely tempted to pick them for spite alone. Glad they proved everyone wrong. So much for the unstoppable Cheatriots and an undefeated season. I'd say the Superbowl is a a lock for the Pack at this point.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 8, 2017, 10:22 Cutter

Wow, they knew for weeks and dumped stock before the shit hit the fan? Yeah, the umpteen lawsuits aside that'll be coming I suspect we'll be seeing criminal charges being laid too. They likely won't survive this, and shouldn't. The AG should suspend them from doing business at this point.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 8, 2017, 10:14 Cutter

Amazon said it will hire up to 50,000 new full-time employees at the second headquarters over the next 15 years, and they would make an average pay of more than $100,000 a year.

Really? Yeah, and they'll only have to work over 150 hours a week to achieve that seeing as Amazon pays the majority of their serfs $10-$12 an hour. Either WaPo got that wrong or Amazon is lying through its teeth.

26876 Comments. 1344 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo