Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26869 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2017, 11:49 Cutter

I'd like to do that Belt Parkway trail. I'm overdue for a trip to NYC. Mebbe this fall, as I much prefer it in the fall/winter.

Never ceases to amaze me when people look for dumb shit just so they can sue someone. If they want to blame anyone than they can blame the government. It's called dimensional lumber, it takes 2 seconds to look up why it's called that. That's scumbag lawyers also acting in bad faith. This is precisely the sort of case where not only should the judge dismiss the case at the outset but include heavy fines and all legal costs against them and misconduct charges against the lawyers be filed with the bar. And people wonder why it takes forever to get their day in court.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 23, 2017, 22:05 Cutter

Greetings from the Belt Parkway

You're leaving all that behind, Blue? Must be weird for a Brooklyn boy to finally be leaving New York entirely. Think you and Mrs. Blue will ever return?

Wait! His name was Pressman and he worked for the Press? God that's like that Seinfeld episode where the library cop was named Bookman.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2017, 21:41 Cutter

Finally grabbed Dying Light today. Snagged Jalopy too but refunded it after 90 mins. It's not bad, but it's way too minimalist for my taste and doesn't seem like there's really much of anything to do. Also picked up How to Survive which is kind of fun. And a few Artifex Mundi games, as I like their little puzzle games.

I'm tempted for ETS2's Vive Le France DLC but don't wanna pay $15 when it was already on sale for $8 - which seems a lot more reasonable for one map. Same with Stellaris, it was $12 on Humble last month - missed that one - and they want $25 for it now? Um no. I'm sure I'll probably grab a few more things before it's done.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up
2. Re: Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up Jun 23, 2017, 21:32 Cutter

So they don't know what they're doing. Yeah, that bodes well. Rolleyes

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2017, 17:25 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 16:51:
How Canada’s small military produced deadly, record-breaking snipers.

It's all that practice on the treeless tundra.

No, it's not being able to play video games with drones to kill people or just drop bombs and missiles on people, the Canadian military doesn't have any of that so they have to do it the old-fashioned, hands-on approach way. People may laugh but Canucks have been cleaning up for decades in international sniper competitions.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2017, 17:22 Cutter

Ever been to a concert hall for classical music where several hundred people are talking very low or in whispers before the concert? Even then it's really fucking loud. Think about how noisy a single small drone is. Then consider some of the ones Amazon will be using are quite large and very fucking lout. Regardless of ANYTHING the do when you're in an area with several hundred to several thousand - because it's not just like Amazon is the only one with drones in the air, without legislation everyone and his fucking dog will have one up there - it'll be insanely loud. So unless they can come up with some Blue Thunder whisper mode kind of shit you can just forget it. And again, that doesn't even begin to address the myriad safety and liability issues. It just isn't going to happen. This is up there with jet packs and meals in pill form.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2017, 13:07 Cutter

Yeah, and the noise from thousands of drones flying everywhere will drive people nuts. Then there's the liability aspect of killing people,
pets, wildlife along with property damage. And ultimately just more robots contributing to massive unemployment. Who's going to have money to buy anything? There's nothing but downside to this, even for Amazon.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2017, 12:15 Cutter

Cosby plans paid conferences on telling men how to get away with rape. Lesson #1: Be a multi-millionaire in order to hire top lawyers and PR firms to make you look good and blame the victims instead. I love hos this monster claimed these were racist attacks. Yes, racist. Even from the black women he raped.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
35. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 19:59 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 19:17:
I need the ability to add a weight score to the games I have in my wishlist. It has grown so large, it would be ideal to sort by how I've previously rated my anticipation.

But yeah KY that looks like a good years worth of gaming there.

I haven't pulled trigger but I'm looking at:
Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Soma
FO4
The Division
Elite:D
House of the Dying Sun
Abzu (From past recommendations here)
Firewatch
Banished

I want Firetop as well but even at $10 it seems drastically overpriced for a tablet game with limited replay ability.

SOMA? Nice environment and spooky and all. Worth $10, but wait for around Halloween to play it - or wait till the fall sale and maybe get it for $5 and play it then.

Division? Well you know what Ubisoft games are like. I grabbed it off Kinguin for $20 and I wouldn't pay a dime more for it. Wish I waited for it to hit $10. Environment is amazeballs but it's all just repetitive grind. Go here. Kill X guys. Rinse. Repeat.

FO4 - How can you not have it already? At $20 it's a no brainer. Just wish the season pass was on sale too.

Elite? Grind in space for $20? No thanks.

Abzu. Tried it and refunded it. $7 for a $2 tablet game. Pass.

Firewatch? $5 at most.

Banished? I'd pass. Once you've built a village that can survive there's nothing else to do. No forward/upward tiers to aspire to.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2017, 19:45 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 16:26:
RoboNerd wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 14:28:
Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 11:11:
Holy shitballs that's an insane shot. 10 seconds to reach the target? Guy must have been sitting down or something. I love how they mention the US would have just dropped a bomb and killed all the civies in the area as well, lol, so true.

Before reading this my thought (jokingly) was he must have taken the curvature of the Earth into account. Then I read at that distance they do! Sneaky

not just the curvature of the earth, but the rotation of the earth as well! the planet rotates enough in the time and distance the bullet is fired to alter the shot by a few feet at those distances.

I understand gravity combined with the mass of the bullet and friction from the air all causing it to slow and inevitably go to ground but how does the curvature of the earth apply at such a short distance - short as compared to the circumference of the earth. I mean, there are "flat" stretches of land which you can see for miles on.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:50 Cutter

Still can't believe the FO4 SP isn't on sale yet. I'd like to do another playthrough but Ima wait for the SP and there's no way I'm paying $50 for it. Jesus, the main game is $20 or less now.

There's a few good deals but still mainly better ones to be had on Kinguin etc. Example: Expeditions Viking - Steam sale $25, Kinguin - $12.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 22, 2017, 14:24 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 14:15:
If they had admitted that election counts could have been hacked, it would throw the country into an immediate constitutional crisis. I'm not saying that there's a conspiracy to hide the truth about the extent of the hacking, but if there was going to be cover-up, this would be the time.

If they could get away with murdering Kennedy they can get away with almost anything else.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2017, 11:11 Cutter

Holy shitballs that's an insane shot. 10 seconds to reach the target? Guy must have been sitting down or something. I love how they mention the US would have just dropped a bomb and killed all the civies in the area as well, lol, so true.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 22, 2017, 11:02 Cutter

I'd be happy to use a phone like that, but not at $300 goddamned freedom dollars. Are you fucking kidding me? What did it cost to make that thing? Maybe 5 bucks? And you couldn't even use it in most places anymore as it's 2G - that's pretty boneheaded.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2017, 21:25 Cutter

Whilst teh dargons look bigger I thought they'd be hella bigger. Looking forward to seeing The Hound.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 21, 2017, 21:10 Cutter

I'm back! Back in the New York groove!  

News Comments > Zenimax and Oculus Back in Court
1. Re: Zenimax and Oculus Back in Court Jun 21, 2017, 21:06 Cutter

I don't understand. They haven't even gone to court on appeal for the original judgement yet so how the hell can they be asking for an injunction already? I understand Zenimax's strategy here but I can't see FB budging on this, or even losing the appeal. So this is likely all sound and fury signifying nothing excepted wasted legal fees for Zenimax in the long run.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2017, 17:50 Cutter

Right, and the Queen would be saying this is the Cons had got a majority? Lol! Even so, the people of Britain already live in a virtual police state so they really can't lose much more anyway. The really funny part is you just know that in a year or two a report or leak will occur that shows the exact opposite has happened and the spys and coppers are illegally spying on people more than ever. And why wouldn't they? They're NEVER held to account for their actions so it's always carte blanche to do as they please.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 21, 2017, 17:38 Cutter

Games and recreation done socially and with other actual people are far different from solo or online being anonymous. It's like everything else in this world, there are pros and cons to it. Anyone who says different is selling something. Recreations is essential, after all, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

21. removed Jun 21, 2017, 17:31 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 21, 2017, 18:28.

26869 Comments. 1344 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo