Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26475 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
3. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 10:41 Cutter

Good grief, Charlie Brown! Rolleyes And this, right here, is just another in the never ending examples of why you shouldn't waste your time and money pandering to the SJWs of the world. Don't do it, they're gonna' bitch. Do it, they're still gonna' bitch. It NEVER ends with those people, so you may as well save your time and money in the first place. Christ, I'd have more respect for a company that just came out and told them to go fuck themselves from the outset. Tell them to risk a fortune in making their own little special snowflake game and see how that works out for them.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2017, 21:56 Cutter

NetHead wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 15:45:
Well, at least he's not boring, he's got that going for him.

Most crazy people aren't They can be really fucking dangerous however. You can never trust a wackadoo.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2017, 12:09 Cutter

Stem cells offer hope for lots of stuff.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2017, 21:32 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 21:25:
Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 14:22:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 13:50:
Defunding the parks is all part of the plan, my friend. When they fail, they'll be sold to corporations who will charge $100 entry fee to see the parts where they haven't already clear cut the trees and harvested the animals for meat and sold the remains to Asian medicinal markets. There will be restaurants with $20 hamburgers and exclusive "rustic" hotels for you to stay in at $300 per night. Camping is forbidden of course, too much liability.

Why do you hate capitalism? Are you a commie?

Yeah, but as the GOP tanks the economy and eradicates the middle-class who's going to have any money for those burgers and hotels?

Again, part of the plan. Who wants the dirty lower classes in there? Except to work and serve, of course.

No, no, that'll soon be done by robots.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2017, 14:22 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 13:50:
Defunding the parks is all part of the plan, my friend. When they fail, they'll be sold to corporations who will charge $100 entry fee to see the parts where they haven't already clear cut the trees and harvested the animals for meat and sold the remains to Asian medicinal markets. There will be restaurants with $20 hamburgers and exclusive "rustic" hotels for you to stay in at $300 per night. Camping is forbidden of course, too much liability.

Why do you hate capitalism? Are you a commie?

Yeah, but as the GOP tanks the economy and eradicates the middle-class who's going to have any money for those burgers and hotels?

News Comments > Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M
12. Re: Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M Apr 4, 2017, 14:19 Cutter

No they won't have to pay unless they ever intend to do business in the US again. It's why they didn't even bother to hire a lawyer and defaulted instead. Ultimately it doesn't mean much as I'm sure they'll continue business as usual. It's the major problem with international business. This is par for the course with China. All they do is infringe on other peoples work and sell it. It's virtually impossible to get them to stop unless you have exceedingly deep pockets and even then it's just not worth it for the most part.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Changes Will "Fight Fake Games"
12. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 4, 2017, 11:57 Cutter

Dear GabeN

Stop being so fucking cheap and hire a real CS department already. You shouldn't be relying on "the community" to run your fucking business for you. Jesus Christ, employ some people.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 4, 2017, 07:32 Cutter

Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 22:40:
That is my all time favorite classic move. Love it to death.

Really? Wow. I don't think I've ever seen it and I've always been a fan of Spencer Tracy.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 3, 2017, 20:23 Cutter

No more need to worry about all thoe confusing data plans from a bunch of companies when very soon you'll have just one ISP for everyone at one massive price!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
13. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 19:07 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 17:37:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 16:23:
I fully admit I'd love to be able to travel around a fully realized virtual Gotham.

Fully realized ANYTHING is pretty neat in VR. It can make "walking simulators" like Dear Esther into something very engaging.

I hit a pretty hard wall when trying my hand at VR development. There are tools that make it VERY easy to get an environment up and running, and tracking the handsets, but the rest...oh god. I've not written any code for like 15 years, and it's overwhelming. I can figure out modeling, and loading my models into the engine (I tried Unity), but even with tutorials, I can't get past that at all. I'm not going for complex; my first goal was to make a room and be able to teleport or hoverboard around it. Nooooope.

Maybe I'll try again next year. Tools will be even more robust, and I won't have wedding planning eating into most of my free time.

Nah. I want something huge and Gothic. The way they've fleshed out the city in the last 2 Bats games would be really cool to do virtually. It'd have to be a MMO to make it viable and alive too. Something like Snowcrash.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
7. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 16:23 Cutter

I fully admit I'd love to be able to travel around a fully realized virtual Gotham.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 2, 2017, 13:41 Cutter

Another black on white hate crime. Where are all the BLM and liberals now? Oh right, it's only a crime if it's a black man who's the victim.

News Comments > April Foolin' 2017
14. Re: April Foolin' 2017 Apr 1, 2017, 19:12 Cutter

Enh, I can count on one hand, two at most, how many good April Fools gags there have ever been, IMO at any rate. Most are just painfully bad. Best gaming one still has to be Bungie's 'Pimps at Sea'. Overall best still has to go to Burger King's 'Left Handed Whopper'.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2017, 19:10 Cutter

shul wrote on Apr 1, 2017, 15:32:
what happened to pink blue's logo?

Inquiring minds want to know.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2017, 20:57 Cutter

Dacote wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 18:55:
Fletch wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 16:34:
Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:54:
Yeah, except there are literally several billion things right here on earth that are a metric fuckton more important than space travel. Space is for selfish rich people with too much goddamned time and money on their hands.
It doesn't matter what goal, research, cause, charity, or effort a person champions, there is always some angry jackhole who thinks he/she has a better idea on how one should spend one's own time, money, and industry.

There ARE a fuck-ton of problems in the world. No one effort will solve all of them. If you feel so strongly about "doing something", choose one and trust that there are others working on the rest. It's all you can do. But this "why-are-you-angry-about-Harambe-when-children-are-starving-in-Africa?" "logic" is asinine and ignorant. It both wrongly assumes humans aren't capable of caring about many issues at once, and that humans all have (or should have) the same priorities. My list is likely way different than yours. You think space travel should be low priority? Fine. I don't really care what you think. To paraphrase an old shoe commercial, Musk is moving the species forward. What are you doing?
You've mentioned concepts too hard for the op to grasp. You will need to dumb it down for the angry and narrow-minded canuck.

Ahh the fucking idiot trolls are out in force today. Seriously Blue, you remove my post while you let the motherfuckers troll away? Fuck you man.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2017, 20:55 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 20:51:
Being cruel to animals is terrible, but that looks like Brazil, and those are most likely a pack of wild dogs. Better they get euthanized before they maim or kill someone. Russia, suprisingly, has a similar problem with packs of wild dogs running the streets.

Literally, that's not some sort of political commentary, there are packs of wild dogs in Moscow, as of last year at least.

Yeah, but the difference is that fucking goof went after the dog when it was just minding its own business. Too bad he didn't break a leg or something in the process. Maybe the dogs are getting Planet of the Apes smart. Planet of the Pooches. Speaking of which, can't wait for the third one this summer.

News Comments > Crashlands Postmortem
1. Re: Crashlands Postmortem Mar 31, 2017, 20:44 Cutter

Oh, the hours I’ve spent inside the Coliseum
Dodging lions and wastin’ time
Oh, those mighty kings of the jungle, I could hardly stand to see ’em
Yes, it sure has been a long, hard climb
Train wheels runnin’ through the back of my memory
When I ran on the hilltop following a pack of wild geese
Someday, everything is gonna be smooth like a rhapsody
When I paint my masterpiece

5. removed Mar 31, 2017, 17:41 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 31, 2017, 19:11.

News Comments > HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads
10. Re: HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads Mar 31, 2017, 17:38 Cutter

Not long before "opt-in" is mandatory. Gee, I get to pay for a product and be tracked by advertisers! It's even better than cable TV!...said no one ever. Annnnd another nail in the VR coffin is hammered in.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2017, 14:54 Cutter

Yeah, except there are literally several billion things right here on earth that are a metric fuckton more important than space travel. Space is for selfish rich people with too much goddamned time and money on their hands.

26475 Comments. 1324 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo