Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26314 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 14:32 Cutter

Dragon's Dogma is one of the worst games I've ever played. It was just terrible. And these BiowarEA games aren't much better I'll trudge through them when they hit the $5 mark because that's all they're worth regardless of their budget. All corps like EA/Ubisoft/Activision know how to do anymore is regurgitate the same old shit. It's boring.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content
11. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content Mar 15, 2017, 14:25 Cutter

Given how poorly the game was received $35 is a joke for a "sale" price.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 14, 2017, 22:12 Cutter

Another innocent person almost killed because of a police chase.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 14, 2017, 22:11 Cutter

Boy, that vibrator article really rubs me the wrong way!
Wry

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 14, 2017, 21:54 Cutter

It's their money to waste. Ublock and other stuffs = suck it mofos!

Middlefinger

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
6. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 14, 2017, 21:46 Cutter

Yeah, so much for SS3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2017, 12:15 Cutter

Well the storm was a fizzle where I live. My understanding is that it's really only the southern most part of Ontario that got hit at all and most of that is lake effect. Sounds like the US NE seaboard took the brunt of it as usual.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2017, 12:13 Cutter

No, no it's not.

News Comments > Rend Announced
1. Re: Rend Announced Mar 14, 2017, 12:12 Cutter

Wow Survival, lol.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2017, 23:17 Cutter

Speaking of getting older and getting screwed by Cons.

Republican health care bill raises premiums for older, poor Americans by more than 750%

Sure hope all those assholes in the rust belt understand now just what they voted for.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 13, 2017, 23:06 Cutter

According to Department of Homeland Security data reviewed by NBC, the count of cellphone searches by border officers grew from less than 5,000 in 2015 to almost 25,000 in 2016. Agents searched 5,000 devices in February alone, the department reported.

What do you imagine it will be for 2017? The police state is growing.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2017, 23:04 Cutter

$23 million for failing. Boggles the fucking mind.

Several forces are conspiring to ensure that many Americans have to work well past the traditional retirement age of 65. People are living longer, their retirement savings are inadequate, and Social Security reforms are almost certainly going to require it. The San Francisco Fed says that the share of the older-65 working population is projected to rise sharply from about 19 percent now to 29 percent in the year 2060.

Yet, another reason jobs need to come back from overseas. And yes, you should always lie about your age in order to get your foot in the door.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 13, 2017, 22:56 Cutter

Technically games have always been rentals. I'm fine with that so long as they don't expect me to pony up full price for 99.9% of them.

News Comments > ORION: Prelude Free Week
1. Re: ORION: Prelude Free Week Mar 13, 2017, 22:54 Cutter

Wow, that looks awful.

News Comments > PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now
11. Re: PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now Mar 13, 2017, 22:52 Cutter

There is a 7 day free trial so I'll give it a whirl at some point if only to check out Teh Last of Us and RDR one more time. They're not really forthcoming with any pertinent info. Doesn't mention bandwith requirements anywhere - so I searched and it's 5mbps min, tho most peole seem to think you need a lot more than that. And it doesn't state if the prices $20 per month/$45 for 3/$100 for 12 is in Freedom dollars or not.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2017, 20:21 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 17:13:
I don't vandalize. I voted. You? Oh wait, nvm, eh.

Wow, so you voted...at least once in your life. Well aren't you just the paragon to hold up and how people how to make democracy function. The effort of going out to vote once every 4 years must be utterly draining.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
51. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 20:19 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:35:
Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 15:41:
At current reproduction rates the planet is going to see another 10 billion people on it in the next 30 years. What do you think is going to happen at that point when most of them are unemployed, hungry, and angry? Glad I won't be around for it.

Somebody to scale has had to say that over generationaly since the dawn of time. Showing age.

So several billion more people in the span of 3 decades won't lead to any forseeable problems. You seriously need to lay off the drugs. Rolleyes

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 15:41 Cutter

At current reproduction rates the planet is going to see another 10 billion people on it in the next 30 years. What do you think is going to happen at that point when most of them are unemployed, hungry, and angry? Glad I won't be around for it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2017, 15:10 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:36:
Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:25:
BobBob wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 11:53:
Close to home.

Popcorn

Typical self-entitled brats. I'll bet nary a one of them even voted, much less actually put in any real work to change the system. No, it's far easier to bitch and vandalize other peoples stuff you disagree with.

That's right because keyboard warriors are the true game changers.

But I do agree that vandalizing property does no good and can only harm the employees if the business suffers. Better to spend that time and energy educating others.

You're the one constantly pissing and moaning about Trump but what are you actually DOING about it besides pissing and moaning. Did you even bother to vote? Ever volunteered for a campaign? Started a petition? A movement? Done anything except piss and moan? There are plenty of people actually DOING stuff about it, Bob. Besides throwing tantrums and vandalizing things. Try it sometime.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 15:05 Cutter

panbient wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:48:
Here's the flipside to your own bullshit.

I'm a college educated Canadian. I've been on the job hunt for a few months now - again - same as every other year or so. Only this time around I can no longer get a callback. It's not a lack of job postings or a lack of effort either. I'm honestly starting to think there's something broken in the system that doesn't connect people effectively anymore. You can't accept a job that doesn't get offered to you. Do HR people google / facebook first then consider looking at a resume second now?

And NO I'm not waiting on some kind of ideal career. I'm just looking to pay the bills. At this point I'm honestly considering putting groceries on shelves again. Same as I did as a teenager. Only now I'm 40 and graduated college twice in both French and English - which makes me look like a risky hire who won't stick around a minimum wage job. But all it's ever gotten me is a heavier plate with a side of ass kissing for the same pay as some slacker who barely got through high school.

You're right there's plenty of great jobs in trades. From a family of tradespeople too - all about lumber. But do you remember the message we all got in the early 90s? Technology, technology TECHNOLOGY!!!!

And then what happened in the early 2000s? Oh geez, the IT bubble burst. Well why the hell did you study technology dumbass? Trades are the future. What? You thought you were too good to get your hands dirty? Just because absolutely everyone around you, family, society, economy all pushed towards a different direction?

At least millenials are getting a straight answer instead of incessant bullshit. It might suck to hear but at least they're not being blamed for having followed the path presented to them.

Either way, our future is fucked.

Right, and I studied history at U of T and ended up a bartender most of my life. That's what happens to most people who aren't STEM. Yeah, I took a 10 year sidetrack in IT...until it bottomed out. Then I went back to the bar biz. That's how life works for most people. The days of a lifetime job with a company was already ending with my parents generation. Adults adjust and go do something else. They don't sit around pissing and moaning that life isn't unfolding the way they feel it should. Man up and learn to do something different. How many years have you wasted now? You could have been a fucking tradesman already for the amount of time you've wasted hoping for some cushy office job. So yeah, again, not bullshit, it's still a problem of your own making.

Edot: Even more. Where exactly are you applying for jobs? Just Toronto? Some of the other major cities? If I offered you a job tomorrow in North Bay, or Saskatoon, or in the NWT, Yukon or Labrador, would you go? I'd bet dollars to donuts that the vast majority of millenials wouldn't even consider doing something like that.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2017, 15:39.

26314 Comments. 1316 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo