Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26976 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow
1. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 19, 2017, 11:53 Cutter

So what is this? ARK does magic sort of thing? Visuals are nice don't see any sort of real gameplay however.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 18, 2017, 21:09 Cutter

Absolutely. It's working for Mexico.

Sales Fall Again in Mexico’s Second Year of Taxing Soda

My only demand would be that the taxes from said junk/fast food be plowed back into subsidizing fresh food and working to get more people into local farming, victory gardens, etc. Use it to create a healthy revolution. At the very least refined sugar needs to be taxed like tobacco and come with the same warnings on the packages.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2017, 21:05 Cutter

I guess he considers himself a futurist, and is therefore concerned with the problems of the future and not of those that actually exist today.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 18, 2017, 21:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 20:07:
Had to renew my license today. First time since the DHS laws went into effect. It was some crazy big brother shit: all my documents (birth cert, SS card, etc.), scanned into a database with my photo, fingerprints, etc. Surprised the didn't ask for a fucking DNA sample. We're rapidly creating a turnkey authoritarian state.

On the other hand, when I complained the woman said they nailed some middle East guy applying for a license using a fake PA birth cert in that very office last year.

You should have said, 'Yeah, because catching one guy is worth 100s of millions of law-abiding Americans losing their civil and human rights.'

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 12:42 Cutter

Those stairs are pretty cool but low-cost? I seriously doubt it. What's required is a new way of thinking and building homes and retirement communities specifically. Build small ranch style homes instead.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2017, 18:28 Cutter

I always knew Twitter was for dumb people. Glad they've proven that beyond any question now.

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
1. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 18:16 Cutter

They should be forced to refund all purchases regardless. What if you don't see the news on this? No final product, no sale.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2017, 16:12 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 15:21:
Okay, I gotta ask... what were her arguments for it?

Well IoT could be a positive in infrastructure. Take lights on streets, tunnels, etc. If they're faulty or dying they can let it be known they need to be replaced which can happen sooner than later. Does it have to be everything? Obviously not that's silly but there are aspects of it that could be a benefit.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2017, 14:33 Cutter

Exactly. Shit, this was a little white woman in her fucking pajamas no less. Whatever happened to "Freeze police!" or "Come out with your hands up!" They obviously didn't even bother to check they just glimpsed something and unloaded on it. At this point I'd rather walk through some of America's worst ghettos at night than take my chances dealing with the police.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2017, 12:11 Cutter

Woman who called 911 to report disturbance shot dead by cops

Remember what I said the other day why people don't want to call the cops. America, you seriously need a better screening process and training. Hiring these cowardly, trigger happy sociopaths has to stop. I mean, US cops are killing more people in a single year than other police forces around the world do in a century.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2017, 11:57 Cutter

And what's to stop some mad genius from writing an AI and releasing into the wild? And regulation? Jesus. Even the major players in IT can't even get basic security right.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 22:28 Cutter

So George Romero and Martin Landau die on my birthday? Super. Thanks guys. I liked George but I was always a fan of Martin, particularly in Space 1999.

Female Dr. Who? Sigh. No. Just no. Does every last bastion of white male geekdom have to be retconned and obliterated to fit the marketing departments desire for complete market saturation wholly for profit and not a single thought to what made it good? I still remember watching Tom Baker as the Doctor as a kid. Maybe 1 in a million people knew who Dr. Who was or what it was about. I so hate all this whole bullshit geek is chic movement. Fairweather geeks aren't real geeks.

Could messing with the mosquito population have some unforeseen disastrous consequences? Not likely.

Famous last words. I guess if the zombie apocalypse starts in Fresno we'll know. Yeah, man messing with nature in a lab always turns out well. Rolleyes

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2017, 15:03 Cutter

Police say they shot two dogs who ‘charged’ at an officer. Then the homeowner posted her video

Hope they nail that fucker right to the wall. They saw crime has been decreasing over the last decade or two. I don't think so. I firmly believe it's people would rather deal with it by themselves than involve cops because you're in a hell of a lot more danger with cops around than criminals. That's how fucking bad it is. It says a lot when people are more afraid of cops than crooks. They're really nothing more than just a huge gang working for the rich at this point in time.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2017, 14:37 Cutter

I think they're vastly overestimating the importance of Whole Foods and its impact.

“This transaction occurs during a long period of economic concentration that has already caused a decline in workers' wages and mobility,” the congressman wrote, “essentially allowing a small number of monopolists to hoard the ‘fruit of economic growth.’ ”

And it would be funny a republican congressman is saying this if it wasn't so sad.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2017, 16:18 Cutter

I feel sorry for the guy that lands the role of Greedo at Star Wars land. Having to act out the getting shot part in the cantina with toruists playing Han over and over and over all day long, day in and day out. Or the slave chicks at Jabba's pad getting oggled by the nerd-pervs all day long, 'Hey baby, wanna handle my lightsaber?'

The eel story in the NYT is better. Love the post from the Oregon DOT...

"We're signing off for the evening, but I doubt we'll sleep tonight because...#eels"
— Oregon DOT

Good hopefully now they stop wasting money on this Mars nonsense now. How many billions have they already pissed away on this?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2017, 13:25 Cutter

And this is why assholes like Ajit Pai need to die in a fire.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 14, 2017, 13:18 Cutter

Yeah great interview and all but I would have liked them to delve into the actual game a lot more and where they're currently at. I too am down like a clown for this game.

News Comments > Interstellar Transport Company Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Interstellar Transport Company Early Access Next Month Jul 14, 2017, 12:41 Cutter

Look like it might be ok but who the hell picked that god awful music for the trailer?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2017, 18:54 Cutter

"Judge Charles Pater, however, doesn't think the data's use has bigger privacy implications:

"There is a lot of other information about things that may characterize the inside of my body that I would much prefer to keep private rather than how my heart is beating. It is just not that big of a deal.""

This asshole not grasping the whole slippery slope and precedent thing. And as the doctor said, it was improbable, that doesn't mean impossible. The guy probably did do it, but hanging a trial on evidence this flimsy is just all kinds of bad waiting to happen. Way too many innocent people go to jail on this sort of flimsy bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2017, 18:50 Cutter

How is the criticism unfair, Bri? People are paying a grand plus - not counting if they have to upgrade their PCs as well which could be another couple of grand - and what's been produced so far? Some bullshit tech demos they have the gall to charge money for. I'd say the criticism is more than fucking valid at this point. Wake me when VR is cheap, powerful, and there are actually games people want to play.

26976 Comments. 1349 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo