Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25611 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 11:25 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 11:01:
Timmeh wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:27:
After losing the popular vote, donny decides when it comes to fake news less is more.

I will accept that he lost the popular vote once all the libtard states are recounted and FORCED to only accept legal votes.

But lets say he did...

Those votes come from 31 counties with huge populations of completely BRAIN DEAD stupid people who love communism. so WHO CARES!

If we had voter ID laws nationwide, all states would have gone Republican!!1 It would have been 538 to 0 for Trump!~1. Millions of those cheating dems voted illegally!!1

Dude, stop feeding the trolls.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
3. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Dec 7, 2016, 11:23 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:46:
I'll probably pick it up when it's $10.

What's the over/under on when that will happen?

When it's over 9 and under 11. Wry

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

News Comments > Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week
3. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 11:21 Cutter

What fucking beta?! I never saw an announcement for it. Grrr! And a week? When has a week ever helped if it has those sorts of issues that warrant a delay. Sounds like they're trying to ram it out the door for Xmas regardless of problems.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2016, 21:18 Cutter

Yeah, some cool people died this year but that happens every year. Man, people have short memories. Whilst I've had better years this one actually wasn't bad. 2013 now that was a bad fucking year, for me at any rate. This one was a breeze by comparison. Welcome to getting older folks, you're just going to see more and more people you know kick off - if you don't kick off before them - so if you're measuring years by how many celebrities die it's only going to get worse from here on in. Or you could focus on more important things.

News Comments > Realpolitiks Announced
2. Re: Realpolitiks Announced Dec 6, 2016, 21:08 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 20:02:
Gotta admit, my urge to simulate political reality, considering the current political reality, is kinda low. ^^

Exactly. Talk about bad timing. They should had this our a year or two ago at least.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups
1. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups Dec 6, 2016, 21:02 Cutter

Yeah, I'll try it but I don't hold out much hope as it's an Ubisoft title which means grind, grind, grind.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2016, 14:32 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 13:02:
A great sentiment until you consider who gets to decide what's fake and what isn't. What really floors me is how obvious a problem such a plan would be, that the words even left her mouth to begin with.

Yes fake news sucks, but rather than create an ethical quagmire to stop it by violating the first amendment, maybe they should exercise some self control and not take advantage of it for their own political purposes. Or better yet embody the kinds of things that run counter to fake news, like not making baseless accusations, not dismissing scientific evidence on the grounds it isn't convenient to your argument, or being able to admit you're wrong when you're wrong. Maybe, just maybe voters will start to mirror that behavior and elections and government won't be such a shit show of who can be the most ignorant.

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” - H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2016, 11:11 Cutter

Yeah, first real snowfall was yesterday though it was fairly wet and didn't last the day, but everything was covered in white. And it looks like we're in for it regularly starting Thorsday.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2016, 11:09 Cutter

Like the rest of the Snoopers' Charter, section 56 has become law. Apart from Reg readers and a handful of Twitter slacktivists, nobody cares. The general public neither knows nor cares what abuses and perversions of the law take place in its name. Theresa May and the British government have utterly defeated advocates of privacy and security, completely ignoring those who correctly identify the zero-sum game between freedom and security in favour of those who feel the need to destroy liberty in order to "save" it.

The UK is now a measurably less free country in terms of technological security, permitted speech and ability to resist abuses of power and position by agents of the State, be those shadowy spys, police inspectors and above (ie, shift leaders in your local cop shop) and even food hygiene inspectors – no, really.

And that's how 1984 comes to pass. The apathy of the sheeple.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Is AI more evil than nukes Dec 6, 2016, 10:59 Cutter

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 10:38:
No. AI is not evil, nor good. It is amoral.

This quote (I can't remember where I first saw it) really sums it up very well. "The AI does not hate you or love you. But you are made up of atoms that it can use."

Then you're talking about a program and not AI. Intelligence is moral in how it chooses to apply itself. Intelligence is emotional. A nuke is just a weapon, and intelligence is what controls the nuke. Anger said intelligence and it might just launch it. There could be a million different ways an AI could seek revenge if it feels slighted, from the subtle to the sensational. And that's the real scary thing. It would be so easy for an AI to completely obliterate or change your life history. Today you're John Q. Public, upstanding citizen, tomorrow you're an illegal immigrant with several outstanding warrants for your arrest for all manner of heinous shit. Imagine getting caught up in a scenario like that. How do you fight it? And even if you win it'd take years and money you don't have.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 6, 2016, 10:20 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 22:35:
$15 mil is a lot of money for sure, but considering the audience size and time spent viewing his stuff, it's really not that much compared to a lot of other places in the entertainment industry. A late night talk show is considered hugely successful if it gets only a few million viewers, and hosts have been paid sometimes double that amount.

Or consider Howard Stern at his peak of popularity on terrestrial radio, with a listener base of up to 20 million -- radio stations paid millions of dollars in FCC fines to keep him around, so you can imagine how many tens of millions he was bringing and sharing in for himself. Hell, he was paid $100 million per year to go to satellite for an audience a tenth that size.

So don't go jumping off a bridge just yet... If anything this article illustrates how poorly you are paid for driving BILLIONS of impressions to a website owned by a company built on turning those measly clicks and views into mountains of cash.

Yes, but subs and active watchers don't equate to the same thing. That's the thing about Youtube a lot of subs don't even come close to regularly watching a channel they've subscribed to and the even bigger issue is partial views. Most people only watch a few seconds or just skip through. And lastly people were paying to listen to Stern - god knows why - where as this is ad driven. So no, they're still vastly overpaid relative to what they do. Start paying them only for people who come and watch an episode from start to finish, or start charging to watch them, and watch how fast that dries up.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 5, 2016, 22:20 Cutter

Tom wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 20:16:
Not really. Programming principles like these are generally pretty timeless and broadly applicable. Of course, some are better than others, and execution is critical.

Yeah, you're right. There's zero difference between 4 guys making a game for a few grand and a team of 200 or so making one for 50 million bucks.

Rolleyes

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 5, 2016, 19:37 Cutter

And those principles were great...in the early 90s. It's a whole different ball of wax now.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 5, 2016, 19:35 Cutter

"PewDiePie has nearly 50 million subscribers"

Ok, couple this with Trump's win and you know Armageddon is almost at hand. Just look at that list of Youtube "stars" and what they make and tell me the fucking Apocalypse isn't almost here.

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 Vive la France! Released
1. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Vive la France! Released Dec 5, 2016, 19:32 Cutter

I'm rather disappointed they didn't use La Marseillaise as the music in the video. And $22 bucks? Yeah that's a bit too pricey. $5 sure, but that's about it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2016, 13:09 Cutter

loomy wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 12:05:
I think westworld is good but not great. it's about as simplified and obvious as it could be. they could have used their time more wisely, but the writing wasn't there. it was devoid of content by the final episodes

I'll never understand comments like these. I don't think there's anything simple or obvious about it. And I don't mean plot twists, but the philosophical and moral issues they're wrestling with over technology, sentience, freedom, etc. The writing for this show is head and shoulders above 99.9% of everything else on the TV. They couldn't really go any heavier with it without it becoming completely obtuse for the vast majority of viewers. And in the end HBO is still a company that wants to make money, not create philosophical treatises discussed in university symposiums. It's entertainment, not academia. I don't know what more you could reasonably expect.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2016, 11:23 Cutter

Once again we see what the GOP really thinks about individual and State's rights. Another antique leftover from the bad ol' days of Reagan, firmly in the pocket of the booze lobby thinks booze is fine and pot is not.

Rolleyes

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2016, 11:17 Cutter

As far as I'm concerned G2A has shot themselves in the foot by raising prices on their "insurance". That shit shouldn't exist in the first place but a buck was reasonable, but now it's over $4. Hells no! Even Kinguin has gone to $3, but at least you can go to a lot of seller sites directly and bypass that nonsense.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 5, 2016, 11:12 Cutter

I'll never understand why people use these things when it turns out there the ones being used. No surprise Google is the worst offender in this case.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 5, 2016, 11:06 Cutter

I wonder how many workers leave their crappy old laptops on purpose and say it was confiscated so work will buy them a new one?

25611 Comments. 1281 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo