Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26316 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 17, 2017, 12:46 Cutter

That's insane. America is out of control.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2017, 10:55 Cutter

Man, sure would be a good time to be working in the MIC right now. Let the coke and hookers rain like mana from heaven for the next 4 years!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo
9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo Mar 17, 2017, 10:45 Cutter

cento wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 00:21:
I am going to feel dirty saying this, but Cutter is absolutely right. Civ is one of my all time favorite franchises, but I am still upset I spent any money on 6. There is so much wrong with it. I went back to playing 5.

You must feel dirty most of the time in that case. Sucks being right all the time.

News Comments > Clone Drone in the Danger Zone on Steam
2. Re: Clone Drone in the Danger Zone on Steam Mar 16, 2017, 21:09 Cutter

Cheryl: Goddamn it! Who the hell drilled my box?!

Archer: So, we’re just done with phrasing, right? That’s not a thing anymore?

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Demo Mar 16, 2017, 20:59 Cutter

I got the game for free and I'm glad I did or I would have been pissed. First Civ I've never liked. Skip it and stick with V or wait until it's $10 or less at the very least.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2017, 18:19 Cutter

heropsycho wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:01:
I say mo to evil everytime I get a chance, but I get weird looks.

How do you know what BobBob does?

And yes, you can blame the GOP for putting forth a complete crap budget. That's exactly why you don't vote for them during the next election.

National Endowment for the Arts and Humanities might be left leaning. People who participate or receive benefits themselves may be hard left, but art isn't inherently left or right, and neither are humanities. Taxpayers should foot the bill because both the arts and humanities are important.

If it came out that diabetes is more common among conservatives or liberals, I wouldn't back or oppose federal funding to finding a cure for it based on that. That's ridiculous.

Important to whom? Joe Sixpack in the Rust Belt who can't find decent work to provide for himself and his family while some cultural elitist wastes 10 grand in tax dollars doing an installation with human urine and calls it art? Yeah, I can see where everyone who doesn't view that as valid and important must be fucked in the head. Rolleyes

I'm all for the arts. I donate to PBS. I go to museums. Hell, I'm even contemplating doing an online degree in Art History. I'm simply opposed to government waste and spending - particularly the latter when it only represents special interest groups. I'm opposed to government funding of the arts. I'm also opposed to corporate welfare and the waste and theft we see in funding the military by the same token. Government should be sticking to the essentials and nothing more, infrastructure, regulation, health, education, social services. That's it. K.I.S.S.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2017, 18:04 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 17:45:
heropsycho wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:01:

How do you know what BobBob does?

Meh, it's typical troll bait. But anyhow, I spend a lot of time outdoors working at the libraries, parks, and the beach, but sometimes I'm home all day - depends on my mood, inspiration, etc.

I run my own business and I'm working on two novels. I rarely watch TV and I usually play games only when I'm sick, instead, I prefer to spend any available free time either reading books or traveling.

As to the troll-baiting:

And calling someone a "gamer" on a game news site is what kind of insult?

Politically, I do three important things: I communicate with and support local politicians and I vote. I'm a native born Californian and an American citizen. I don't need to justify my right to voice my opinion beyond that.

Do you see me constantly bitching about Trump? No. I used to be heavily political and politically active until I came to understood none of it really mattered because of people like you who only bitch about stuff but never actually do anything about it. I never said there was anything wrong with gaming or watching TV. Just that if you're not going to actually go out and do anything about the stuff you're bitching about than kindly shut the fuck up.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2017, 13:58 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:09:
Wow .. he's cutting PBS .. cooperation, diversity, and education were the themes of the shows. It's the total destruction of an educated culture. RIP Sesame Street. I feel like he's trying to destroy the best parts of my childhood. And NPR has the best critical news and talk shows. It's total cultural war against intellectualism and free-thinking.

And? What are you going to do about it Bob? Nothing is what, right? And you know why he gets to do this? Because people like you do nothing about it. Evil succeeds not because people say yes to it, but because they don't say mo. But that takes some actual real effort doesn't it? Certainly don't want to cut into your sitting around on your ass watching TV and playing games time because that's so much more important than going out and trying to stop things like this, right? How do things like this happen in America? Easy, you let it happen.

That aside, you can't blame the GOP for this.

The budget would also completely eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities as part of a budget package that would boost defense spending by $54 billion.

Those are institutions that have always been hardcore left and don't even make a pretense about it being otherwise. So why would half the taxpayers out there want to foot the bill for these organizations that don't represent them at all?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2017, 10:46 Cutter

White Rabbit has always been one of my fave tunes so that was completely awesome.

Lulz Savage Chickens!

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 16, 2017, 10:32 Cutter

So don't use it. Problem solved.

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
2. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 10:31 Cutter

Ok, seriously now, why hasn't anyone brought antitrust charges against MS at this point.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 16, 2017, 08:45 Cutter

Everyone likes a reslut's end.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 16, 2017, 08:43 Cutter

A vastly overpriced supercomputer if those two are involved, so it'll never fly.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: On Sale Mar 16, 2017, 08:42 Cutter

NetHead wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 08:06:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 23:10:
I always take the side of the little guy. However, in this case, Blizzard is right. Bossland is scum and only profited off a platform Blizzard spent many years developing and polishing.

Could use that kind of argument for ISPs charging things like Netflix for profiting off platforms they've spent years developing....many others all equally ridiculous.

No you couldn't. That's completely apples and oranges. One is a company illegally profiting off someone's intellectual property and the other - the internet - is an essential public service that was developed and paid for by the taxpayers.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 15, 2017, 22:42 Cutter

Yeah, I grabbed that bundle for Verminard but really quite like Turmoil and Eisengard so far too.

News Comments > Sailaway Announced
1. Re: Sailaway Announced Mar 15, 2017, 22:38 Cutter

As a sailor this would be something I'd be interested in, 2 problems however. 1) The price is too high. 2) Sailing the oceans is boring, even with a crew. I've done some long hauls with buddies and by day 3 it's like 'Ok, let's just get to fucking shore somewhere already.' At least make it visually interesting and let people sail the Caribbean, South Pacific, etc.

After all....

If there's one thing in my life that's missing
It's the time that I spend alone
Sailing on the cool and bright clear water
It's kind of a special feeling

When you're out on the sea alone
Staring at the full moon, like a lover
Time for a cool change
I know that it's time for a cool change

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Drivers
1. Re: New AMD ReLive Drivers Mar 15, 2017, 22:20 Cutter

So yes, when someone mentions "electric boogaloo" we all think, Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Now, that's a Cannon Group flick. And interestingly enough there's a documentary - that I've yet to see but most certainly will - about said company, aptly titled....

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Give the trailer a watch because it is pretty wild!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2017, 20:14 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:52:
Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:01:
Wow, yeah I remember that Hyatt Regency walkway collapse. That was just crazy.
I remember it too. The title is click bait though, it didn't change engineering at all. The result was changes in the process of reviewing building plan alterations. It is a great example of how important structural engineering is, and why any alteration to construction should be carefully reviewed for unintended consequences. Didn't Kansas City also have a coliseum roof failure? If I remember correctly, in that case no one was in the coliseum at the time.

Googled it, Kemper Arena -- two years before the Hyatt walkway failure.

An acquaintance of mine is a structural engineer. He always talks about how stressful his job is. Yet I always wonder why, then I recall that, yeah, if he doesn't do his job right he'll likely end up killing a bunch of people.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 15, 2017, 20:11 Cutter

And to think Madonna was right all those years ago, 'Borderline, feels like I'm going to lose my mind. You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline....'

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 15, 2017, 20:09 Cutter

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:09:
Your post is a unicorn Blue's post. Agree with everything you state.

But...I say go ahead and unionize. That will speed their autonomous driver technology. This is the same as those idiot burger flippers wanting $15hr...go ahead and give it to them so I can use a machine to order sooner.

And when all those people are out of work? Who supports them? If not it's crime city. There are always consequences and repercussions. Stop being to myopic.

26316 Comments. 1316 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo