Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26977 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans
6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans Jul 22, 2017, 02:16 Cutter

RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 18:48:
Wow interesting. I generally don't like Tom Clancy games, or third-person shooters. But this game has been really fun for me, and it's more fun playing co-op. I picked up Division on sale thinking I might like it too, but I don't. It's just not the same in some way I can't describe. Maybe it's the setting. Their Bolivia is beautiful to look at.

Huh, I'm the opposite. I think the gameplay sucks for both - and pretty much all Ubisoft games really - but wandering around a postish-apoc NYC is pretty fucking sweet whereas romaing around the jungle is meh bleh.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite Head Start Early Access Underway
5. Re: Fortnite Head Start Early Access Underway Jul 22, 2017, 02:14 Cutter

And they want $60+ bucks to start for this? Fucking lol! There are already several dozen survival games that look miles better than this and are already 20 bux +/-. Yeah, I'd have zero interest in this even if it were free - which will probably happen in real short order.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2017, 18:06 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 17:35:
Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 12:37:
Fuck Amazon! What a shitty company.

Amazon is giving me a VR headset for free, so SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE!

No. They're a shady company, man. I bought some shoes off what I thought was Amazon and it turns out it was some 3rd party reseller marketplace bullshit from China. Doesn't state it anywhere, or shipping times, or refund policy or that it's not actually from Aamazon. So they didn't fit, went to return them and much to my surprise they tell me they're not responsible for any of this - when in fact they are. So they're telling me I have to ship the fucking shoes back to China, insured no less in order to get a refund.

What the fuck? That'd cost 3 time what the fucking shoes cost to begin with. As I explained this. Had they made it clear - as is their responsibility - I never would have bought the fucking things to begin with. So front line CS at Amazon is useless as I expected so I told them to escalate it to management, and if they don't fix the problem I'll b e disputing the charge with VISA and reporting them to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, etc.

All this drama because Amazon doesn't make it clear that these are sellers aren't affiliated with them because they know people won't buy from them otherwise and they won't get their cut. So yeah, fuck Amazon.

News Comments > Euro Fishing: Foundry Dock Released
2. Re: Euro Fishing: Foundry Dock Released Jul 21, 2017, 17:59 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 14:05:
Bummer. I thought this was a game about catching and eating Europeans.

I read it as 'Euro Fisting' and imagined something completely different. Biker

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2017, 12:37 Cutter

Fuck Amazon! What a shitty company.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 12:36 Cutter

Good on ya China. More countries - including here - should be banning those idiotic celebs. PLanet earth should ban the fucking Kardashians already.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free
10. Re: Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free Jul 21, 2017, 02:43 Cutter

About time for a rewatch of Big Trouble in Little China methinks.

Call the President

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2017, 02:42 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 23:35:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 21:28:
Yeah, more like the Pipedream Loop. Is there some reason he couldn't just do a high speed bullet train like the rest of the planet? It may not be a hyperloop but it would still be a huge benefit.

Eh, in essence the cost of construction would be reasonably comparable, so if you're going to build something, might as well go for the best available option.

The problem is of course that it isn't available. The technology doesn't work yet.

Hey, Elon is just talking his share price up, because investors apparently really ARE that fucking dumb. (seriously, why is Tesla valued higher than Ford or GM? That's just fucking nuts.)

I seriously doubt the costs would be remotely close to each other. Particularly with the ongoing maintenance of ensuring that the tube has zero faults. I suspect that alone would be a fucking nightmare to look after. At least with maglev trains you don't have to worry about any of that. Plus they haul a hell of a lot more people and cargo than the hyperloop does. Don't get me wrong, it's a super cool idea and I'd love to ride in one but it just seems like retarded impractical.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 20, 2017, 21:28 Cutter

Yeah, more like the Pipedream Loop. Is there some reason he couldn't just do a high speed bullet train like the rest of the planet? It may not be a hyperloop but it would still be a huge benefit.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Nazis Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Nazis Trailer Jul 20, 2017, 21:25 Cutter

JAKE: What's going on?

OFFICER: Aw, those bums won their court case and they're marching today,

JAKE: What bums?

OFFICER: The fuckin' Nazi Party.

ELWOOD: Pfft, Illinois Nazis.

JAKE: I hate Illinois Nazis.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2017, 17:58 Cutter

Have you seen The Iceman? Perfect role for Shannon. Hell, even Chris Evans is really good in it.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 16:31 Cutter

They should hire the woman who did the computer voice for TNG for one of these assistants. And like TNG I want to just be able to say 'Computer, blah blah blah'. I don't want it to have a name, unless it's HAL. That too would be a great thing to license for something like this, 'Good evening Dr. Chandra.'

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2017, 15:16 Cutter

Shape of Water looks great. I wonder if that's supposed to be Abe given that it's a GdT film.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2017, 14:29 Cutter

And why would I pay a middleman like Sears for their outrageous markup they'd require to turn a profit? If the manufacturers were smart they'd sell factory direct now.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 19, 2017, 21:31 Cutter

Mentos - the fresh maker! Oh wait!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 19, 2017, 21:31 Cutter

Yeah everyone is real surprised by the WH approval on that. /s

Oh really? So why isn't AirBnB being held to that standard. Seems to me anyone renting a "hotel" room should have to comply with every country's disability act to enure equal access. I'd actually love to see that and kill that bullshit company off.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 19, 2017, 21:28 Cutter

Legendary games designers John and Brenda Romero

So sick of his wife being touted as that. Enough already.

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 19, 2017, 21:17 Cutter

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 19:40:
Looking forward to a new Wolf Among Us. First one was pretty cool.

Yeah in spite of the fact they flat out abandoned it in the middle of development to work on Walking Dead. I'll grab it for sure as I love the Fables series but not until it's done.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 16:46 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 10:36:
PHJF wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 10:14:
I'd say a congressman asking a question of a scientist is an improvement over the current trend of politicians circumventing or ignoring scientists altogether.
That's giving this guy WAY TOO much credit. Any reasonably educated person would not have asked this question. It wouldn't be any more ridiculous if he had asked if they'd found a Stargate in Egypt.

I bet if you emailed him and asked why he didn't ask about the Stargate they found in Egypt he probably would.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 12:22 Cutter

Yeah, it's a difficult call with those sorts of cameos. I've heard of the guy but have zero familiarity with his work as pop isn't my thing. I'd still say it'd be better to go with someone less well known as the focus is supposed to be on the story and not the actor. Besides the guy already has fame and fortune, give some other struggling actor/singer a break. I haven't watched it yet as I've decided to forgo the weekly torture of waiting for the next ep and just do a marathon watch at the end.

Just did that for Mr. Robot season 2 a few days ago. Really didn't like it nearly as much as season one. They committed some real cardinal sins with the story telling that really hurt it.

26977 Comments. 1349 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo