Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25639 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
3. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 11, 2016, 17:51 Cutter

Yeah, never do it. Company misses a paycheck don't bother showing up unless it's to take stuff for collateral until you're paid and start looking for something else immediately.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2016, 15:34 Cutter

Retired wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 11:24:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 10:15:
Dev wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 21:44:
Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 11:07:
Well I'm not driving around there so I'll never have anything to worry about. I love how that works. Wry
It's just starting there. Nothing stopping it from happening elsewhere.
Like credit card skimming is becoming widespread in USA, started in big cities. And now credit card companies just brilliantly pushed deadlines back another few years for gas stations to upgrade to chip.

That emoticon I'm using is the "wry" one.

Wry would you do that!? Rolleyes

Hahaha! Shut up ya jerk, lol!

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2016, 10:45 Cutter

Why is cold fusion a pipe dream? We used to say the same thing about most inventions. If god had meant to fly he would have given him wings, etc. All it will take is an advanced material. And those will have to be created at some point if we're ever going to be serious about interstellar travel.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 10:39 Cutter

Ahumado wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 09:39:
Climate change is a HUGE FRAUD just like ALGore

To what end? That we have a nicer world with less pollution in it? That in combating climate change will actually put more people to work? Gee, what an horrible scam!

Rolleyes

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
38. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 11, 2016, 10:32 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 09:19:
I guess the Iraq war was full of factual information and there were WMD's right? You realize that the entire article is written based on 3rd party information, with no confirmation. But let's play the "if it is illegitimate." Was it okay for the US to do the same thing in soviet satellite states?

Yeah, actually it was considering the various intel agencies banded together to take the unusual step of taking out a full page ad in the NYT stating that Bushco was cheery picking facts to support their claims in order to start a war. It's not like the US or the Rooskies haven't been doing this for decades now. What do you think all the wars and wars by proxy are? I have zero doubt at all they were involved. It's only a question of to what degree and how. It's in their best interest to see a Trump presidency so why wouldn't they get involved?

10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2016, 10:15 Cutter

Dev wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 21:44:
Well I'm not driving around there so I'll never have anything to worry about. I love how that works. Wry
It's just starting there. Nothing stopping it from happening elsewhere.
Like credit card skimming is becoming widespread in USA, started in big cities. And now credit card companies just brilliantly pushed deadlines back another few years for gas stations to upgrade to chip.

That emoticon I'm using is the "wry" one.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 10, 2016, 19:08 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 18:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 12:21:
Michigan Transportation Director Kirk Steudle concedes that there will be crashes and probably a fatality involving autonomous cars.
But they get to test in snow so that makes it all better. Lawsuits in 3-2-1

It does make me wonder how all this is going to work with such unpredictable weather and outcomes. I get it we make plenty of mistakes, but when you rely on systems, it seems liability shuffles to mfg vs driver. The backlash is going to be legendary. Could be wrong.

Not at all. I will bet you any amount of money that legislation is passed in support of the automakers/software developers that fully indemnifies them. Much like you can't sue the phone company, just go to arbitration - that favors them anyway - at best. In short, getting into an autonomous vehicle will mean you automatically waive your right to sue. As for accidents between drivers and autonomous vehicles you can bet they'll pull out all the stops to make sure the driver loses that battle.

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2016, 16:15 Cutter

Luke wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 11:27:

And there ya go...me me me me me all good.... others don't care

Some just see there own nosetip jezz

Did you say something?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Michigan Lets Autonomous Cars on Roads Without Human Driver. Dec 10, 2016, 16:11 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 13:48:
Ummmm....what's going to keep tweakers from taking a selfie of themselves taking a dump in the first autonomous Uber cab?

Getting busted and having to pay for damages?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2016, 11:21 Cutter

And of course without Thulsa Doom and the riddle of steel there would be no DOOM. Contemplate that on the Tree of Woe.

Skull

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 10, 2016, 11:10 Cutter

Holy shitsnacks that's an impressive mod! Ok, I'm about due for a playthrough anyway. Soon as I get my new card Ima do that with this mod.

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2016, 11:07 Cutter

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 10, 2016, 11:05 Cutter

Yeah, that's smart, picking a fight with the CIA, because that always works out well.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 10, 2016, 10:58 Cutter

And some of those motherfuckers have the gall to complain they're not making enough? Fuck off and die. Seriously.

Protip: If you're letting someone pressure you into doing something stupid enough to kill you, they aren't the problem.

Nice one WC, like it, like it!

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
1. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 10, 2016, 10:48 Cutter

Eww.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2016, 10:47 Cutter

#1 The article says nothing about a warrant, they simply went and did it.

#2 You don't understand how warrants work. You have to be served, unless it's in circumstances that could be exceptionally dangerous to the police and community at large like busting a drug den. Those are called "exigent circumstances". Otherwise it's considered unreasonable search and seizure - at least in Canada and the US - apparently not in Britain so much.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 10, 2016, 10:27 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 23:29:
As I've said before... if it wasn't for the fact that people have been saying this or that thing, which was popular with young people, was an indication of the end of all things for oh... probably since language was invented. I would say it about this kind of thing. I've tried watching PewDiePie and some of the other ultra popular YouTubers and almost without exception, find them mind numbingly stupid. And I'm clueless as to why anyone would watch anything they make more than once. *shrug* Apparently my status as a Curmudgeon is not in jeopardy...

It's the same as it ever was. Like attracts like. Dumb people do dumb things. Hence the old expression, over half the people you meet are below average intelligence. My circle of friends and I would be hanging out in cafes discussing the arts and sciences. Most of the people we knew were a good deal simpler. Why are so many vacuous shallow people rich and famous these days? Because they're watched and adored by the same ilk. They're desperate to be rich and famous and adored. They equate everything with materialism. It reminds me of that flick Edtv where one of the writers summed it up quite neatly....

""The premise here is a man whose life is going nowhere," co-writer Mandel explains. Adds partner Ganz, "Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.""

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 9, 2016, 20:25 Cutter

So Blizzard did what it was actually obligated to do. How does this make this newsworthy, much less worthy of praise?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 14:34 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 13:22:
Can someone remind me when the Steam winter sale is going to start. There was an estimated time, leaked about a week back. Naturally I forgot to write it down.

Edit: Looks like it might be Dec 22.

Yeah, generally Dec 22. - Jan 2.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 14:34 Cutter

panbient wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:50:
Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:19:
I'll never understand people who call articles like this "one-sided."

How is this not one-sided?

If you happened to be super old school and read this in a print newspaper you would have the story of a single special needs boy being spun as representative of the impact of video games on a generation of youths. While the online version does have loads of links to support other ancillary claims this is really an article about one single family's experience and not an exploration into reclusive social behaviour. It's almost like you didn't actually read the article.

As for the actual article that whole angle about the 'negative' impact of games because dialog lines would pop into his head... I mean, I know haters are going to hate, hate, hate, hate! Just shake it off, shake it off!

Am I right? And now get that out of your head.

Oh, but when the earworm comes from a video game it's totally due to addiction. Right. Because no one has ever had a catch phrase or ad slogan or song hook just pop into their heads just because they hear it so much. Nope... gotta be addiction.

Stop feeding the trolls!

25639 Comments. 1282 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo