Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25986 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Diluvion Released
1. Re: Diluvion Released Feb 2, 2017, 21:39 Cutter

Hope this is gonna' be good.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2017, 21:39 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 20:58:
"the Court’s independent expert found 92 percent of Carmack’s hard drive was wiped - all data was permanently destroyed, right after Carmack got notice of the lawsuit, and that his affidavit denying the wiping was false. Those are the hard facts."

Wouldnt this be perjury? Carmack is denying this is true, saying the independent expert is wrong - so shouldnt he file a counterclaim for slander or something of that nature? Seems like a pretty big deal.

Because in court the onus in on the claimant to prove it. They have to prove that the data wiped belonged to them. He doesn't have to do shit. If they can't prove the claim then yes, he can sue them for libel in this case.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2017, 11:48 Cutter

Ok, I laughed my ass off with that Savage Chickens cartoon. Hahaha!

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2017, 11:41 Cutter

I fucking hate Gamestop doing this! Oh wait, I'm a PC gamer who buys his games online so this doesn't affect me at all. Haha!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2017, 11:36 Cutter

A recent study from Deloitte shows that, on average, American millennials check their phones roughly 82 times a day. This dependence on technology has led to a world where most people are never more than a few feet away from their cell phone at any given time.

Oh so it's cops that are the problem in this case, not that so many people are desperate and pathetic. Hell, I don't even carry a cellphone unless I know I'm going to absolutely need it and that's rare. I go weeks without even looking at my cell, much less checking it 82 goddamned times a day. Modify your own behavior, problem solved.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 2, 2017, 11:33 Cutter

They were hit 3 times before they upgraded their security. Wow, talk about bad management.

And to make sure it never happens again, when the hotel undergoes its next refurbishment Brandstaetter is planning to change the locks - to "old-fashioned door locks with real keys".

Yeah, ya think.

News Comments > EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games
7. Re: EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games Feb 2, 2017, 11:30 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 10:42:
People on this forum loathe F2P games, and then complain about region blocking key usage. If region blocking is taken away, everything will become a f2p micro transaction shitball. Not immediately! But within 5 years of it.

Oh horseshit! These publishers are making billions of dollars in profit a year in spite of the grey market. They're not even selling products for the most part. They're selling copies of a product. Copies that literally cost them pennies to sell and ship around the world. Games have always been vastly overpriced at launch. If they weren't then there'd never be a sale on them or regional pricing on them. I've never heard such a pathetic rationalization of somewhat defending the rich screwing him over.

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
14. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 1, 2017, 23:34 Cutter

SirKnight wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 23:18:

Carmack intentionally destroyed data on his computer after he got notice of this litigation and right after he researched on Google how to wipe a hard drive—and data on other Oculus computers and USB storage devices were similarly deleted (as determined by a court-appointed, independent expert in computer forensics); (vii) when he quit id Software, Carmack admitted he secretly downloaded and stole over 10,000 documents from ZeniMax on a USB storage device, as well as the entire source code to RAGE and the id tech® 5 engine —which Carmack uploaded to his Oculus computer;

Damn son. I would have thought Carmack was smarter than this...

That sounds like complete bullshit to me. John Carmack would not have to google how to wipe a fucking hard drive.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2017, 22:13 Cutter

That sort of shit pisses me off. They need to outlaw police chases. It's just not worth it. Macho psycho cops obviously don't care because they're all jacked about nailing the perp that all started over some stupid traffic violation. I personally know someone who was a victim of this sort of insanity.

Police chases kill more people each year than floods, tornadoes, hurricanes and lightning — combined

High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders

"Nearly every day, someone is killed during a high-speed chase between police and a suspect. Almost half of the 11,500 people killed since 1979 have been bystanders or passengers in fleeing cars"

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 21:47 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 21:14:
"Nvidia’s promo games will now be tied to the GPU they’re bundled with."

this is smart... makes the games to be played as intended, and prevents people from selling the games off

Well no, that sucks balls. What if you already own the game?

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
8. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 1, 2017, 21:42 Cutter

That's still a lot of cheddar anyway you slice it. And if Z can get an injunction, even just delay sales for several months to a year or two while things get resolved that's going get a fuckton more expensive. I'm sure the Vive peeps are grinning ear to ear atm. So what happens to Johnny C in all this? I thought they were going after him for breach of contract as well.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 17:44 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 15:57:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:12:
btw they are rebooting the Dune series again

It's official -- Legendary Pictures has signed the very talented Denis Villeneuve to direct the exciting new DUNE series film project.

So Denis Villeneuve is the new reboot king after JJ Abrams? David Lynch's Dune was good but wished he took the job for Return of the Jedi instead. Oh well.

Why is the reboot king? He hasn't rebooted anything before. And to be fair, it's not a reboot, it's a different interpretation. I've only seen Sciario and Arrival, but I like what I see of his work and he gets nothing but praise from the cast and crews that work with him. It should probably be a hell of a lot better than Lynch's scheisse.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 17:39 Cutter

Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 15:03:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 12:38:
Nucas wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:17:
this won't stop outsourcing to india, just stop them from importing indian slaves directly to corporate.

Anything that makes it harder for domestic companies to screw domestic workers is a good thing.

Trump is, of course, a hypocrite as he's always abused the HB-2 visa program for his hotels. I wonder what most of the Trumpettes would say about that if they knew.

It was clearly debated during the Primary with dumb-ass Hillary calling him out on it and then Trump properly slamming her for being in politics for 30 years and NOT stopping business owners like him from outsourcing or replacing American workers domestically (i.e. Disney).

Sometimes it takes an "insider" that knows how shit like this works to stop it in it's tracks.

I didn't vote for either of the major candidates, but I'll give Trump his chance like I did for the last person. So far, so good.

So that's Trump's excuse? It's legal so he does it? Really? That was the best he could come up with? And you're defending that? That's funny because he sure as fuck isn't touching the HB-2 program which clearly demonstrates the man is a motherfucking snake in the motherfucking grass. And insider to stop it...Jesus, Mary, and Glavin! Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 17:33 Cutter

So vid card price drops in March?!?!

News Comments > SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow
8. Re: SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow Feb 1, 2017, 17:29 Cutter

panbient wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 14:13:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 12:33:
Maybe because the vast majority of people have to bust their hump in the real world and don't get bullshit like residuals for sitting around talking into a fucking microphone for a few hours. ZERO sympathy for these clowns. They VASTLY overestimate their worth and importance...as they're now learning. This isn't about sympathy for publishers, it's about fuck those greedy clowns. Don't like it? Go do something else like everyone else does.

How the actual fuck do you have a Van Morrison quote with an attitude like this? The ONLY reason you or anyone else is even aware of his music and lyrics is because of royalties and residuals that support creative endeavors.

Or should that greedy clown have fucked off from a career in music to do something else like everyone else does?

Are you high? Or were you just dropped on your head a lot as a child? People are aware of his music because they buy his albums and share them. Royalties and residuals always have been and always will be bullshit. If the whole world worked like that it'd grind to a screeching halt.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
15. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 17:21 Cutter

heroin wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 15:32:
I'd totally dig a life-sized Sylvanas doll

I second this sentiment, but it's need to have all the modern bells & whistles and she has to say dark & sarcastic comments

So what you guys are saying is what you really want is a Sylvanas Realdoll. Biker

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 12:40 Cutter

Jan, and Feb - in particular - are the two worst months of the year so the fact that one is over and we only have 27 more days to go get through this one makes me happeh!

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 12:38 Cutter

Nucas wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:17:
this won't stop outsourcing to india, just stop them from importing indian slaves directly to corporate.

Anything that makes it harder for domestic companies to screw domestic workers is a good thing.

Trump is, of course, a hypocrite as he's always abused the HB-2 visa program for his hotels. I wonder what most of the Trumpettes would say about that if they knew.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2017, 12:34 Cutter

I hear the secrets that you keep, when you're talking in your sleep....

News Comments > SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow
4. Re: SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow Feb 1, 2017, 12:33 Cutter

Maybe because the vast majority of people have to bust their hump in the real world and don't get bullshit like residuals for sitting around talking into a fucking microphone for a few hours. ZERO sympathy for these clowns. They VASTLY overestimate their worth and importance...as they're now learning. This isn't about sympathy for publishers, it's about fuck those greedy clowns. Don't like it? Go do something else like everyone else does.

25986 Comments. 1300 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo