Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25610 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2016, 11:21 Cutter

And of course without Thulsa Doom and the riddle of steel there would be no DOOM. Contemplate that on the Tree of Woe.

Skull

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 10, 2016, 11:10 Cutter

Holy shitsnacks that's an impressive mod! Ok, I'm about due for a playthrough anyway. Soon as I get my new card Ima do that with this mod.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2016, 11:07 Cutter

Well I'm not driving around there so I'll never have anything to worry about. I love how that works. Wry

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 10, 2016, 11:05 Cutter

Yeah, that's smart, picking a fight with the CIA, because that always works out well.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 10, 2016, 10:58 Cutter

And some of those motherfuckers have the gall to complain they're not making enough? Fuck off and die. Seriously.

Protip: If you're letting someone pressure you into doing something stupid enough to kill you, they aren't the problem.

Nice one WC, like it, like it!

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
1. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 10, 2016, 10:48 Cutter

Eww.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2016, 10:47 Cutter

#1 The article says nothing about a warrant, they simply went and did it.

#2 You don't understand how warrants work. You have to be served, unless it's in circumstances that could be exceptionally dangerous to the police and community at large like busting a drug den. Those are called "exigent circumstances". Otherwise it's considered unreasonable search and seizure - at least in Canada and the US - apparently not in Britain so much.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 10, 2016, 10:27 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 23:29:
As I've said before... if it wasn't for the fact that people have been saying this or that thing, which was popular with young people, was an indication of the end of all things for oh... probably since language was invented. I would say it about this kind of thing. I've tried watching PewDiePie and some of the other ultra popular YouTubers and almost without exception, find them mind numbingly stupid. And I'm clueless as to why anyone would watch anything they make more than once. *shrug* Apparently my status as a Curmudgeon is not in jeopardy...

It's the same as it ever was. Like attracts like. Dumb people do dumb things. Hence the old expression, over half the people you meet are below average intelligence. My circle of friends and I would be hanging out in cafes discussing the arts and sciences. Most of the people we knew were a good deal simpler. Why are so many vacuous shallow people rich and famous these days? Because they're watched and adored by the same ilk. They're desperate to be rich and famous and adored. They equate everything with materialism. It reminds me of that flick Edtv where one of the writers summed it up quite neatly....

""The premise here is a man whose life is going nowhere," co-writer Mandel explains. Adds partner Ganz, "Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.""

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 9, 2016, 20:25 Cutter

So Blizzard did what it was actually obligated to do. How does this make this newsworthy, much less worthy of praise?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 14:34 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 13:22:
Can someone remind me when the Steam winter sale is going to start. There was an estimated time, leaked about a week back. Naturally I forgot to write it down.

Edit: Looks like it might be Dec 22.

Yeah, generally Dec 22. - Jan 2.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 14:34 Cutter

panbient wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:50:
Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:19:
I'll never understand people who call articles like this "one-sided."

How is this not one-sided?

If you happened to be super old school and read this in a print newspaper you would have the story of a single special needs boy being spun as representative of the impact of video games on a generation of youths. While the online version does have loads of links to support other ancillary claims this is really an article about one single family's experience and not an exploration into reclusive social behaviour. It's almost like you didn't actually read the article.

As for the actual article that whole angle about the 'negative' impact of games because dialog lines would pop into his head... I mean, I know haters are going to hate, hate, hate, hate! Just shake it off, shake it off!

Am I right? And now get that out of your head.

Oh, but when the earworm comes from a video game it's totally due to addiction. Right. Because no one has ever had a catch phrase or ad slogan or song hook just pop into their heads just because they hear it so much. Nope... gotta be addiction.

Stop feeding the trolls!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 11:27 Cutter

New trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes. Can't wait for it. However, we already know how it runs out, right?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 11:23 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 11:13:
In the plus column, Kirk Douglas turns 100 today! Amazingly enough, his wife is 97 and they have been together 62 years and are still together. I'm pretty sure I would NEVER live this long nor would I want to but it is an amazing feat.

The man has always been one of my all time favorite actors. In fact I'd probably rate him my #2 right behind Paul Newman. All his work from Spartacus to Seven Days in May. His best work - which is also his personal favorite film and mine - is Lonely Are The Brave. It's a must see film.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 11:17 Cutter

Enh, really tired of Marvel's formulaic flicks. I do like the new costume however. I still feel they should be casting a slightly more 'matoor' Peter Parker in his early 20s. When they cast the kids they don't come off as the intelligent, wisecracking guy that Spidey is but just smartass punks. I guess I always liked how they portrayed Spidey in the old 1960s cartoon. That guy had the coolest voice and the show had the best music.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 9, 2016, 11:10 Cutter

They considered whether they could legally force a suspect's finger or thumb on to the device's fingerprint reader to unlock it, but found they had no such power.

However, they concluded they could stage their own lawful "street robbery" - using a similar snatch technique to a thief - and in June a team set out to do precisely that.

How in the fucking fuck is that legal? Really so cops in Britain can just walk up to you and take anything they like whenever they feel like it? Britain, wtf?! Every day I see this insane news about Britian it just looks more and more Orwellian. Glad my ancestors left in that case.

And yet again another major corporation caught in commission of a crime and no one goes to jail, much less even get fired.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2016, 11:01 Cutter

IPspoofing ftw!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 10:32 Cutter

ldonyo wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:11:
A one-sided scare piece. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this as a catalyst for yet another Trumpian pronouncement of something that just has to be stopped.

No, it's just media clickbait as usual. Something has to be an "epidemic" or they'll make it into one, That's why I don't bother with mainstream daily news, it's always been "clickbait".

'This common household chemical could be putting you and your family in grave danger. Find out more at 11."

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 23:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 20:12:
Godspeed, John Glenn.

Beat me to it. Looks like it's time for another viewing of The Right Stuff in the next couple of weeks.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 23:01 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 20:39:
Also, Greg Lake of King Crimson and ELP has passed. He was 69.

I think this song of his can serve as a dirge of sorts.

I was never into them, but a chick I used to bang for a while was. She did a striptease for me to some song of theirs on our first date. Wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to the music.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 8, 2016, 22:50 Cutter

The CEO said the plan is "to offer 1 Gbps broadband service...and then offer an over-the-top bundle" of video service.

So what? A grand a month plus heavy data caps, sound about right? And you have to love the coverage...somewhere from 200ft to 1000ft...maybe, sorta, kinda, and only with cells on telephone poles anyway. Rolleyes

25610 Comments. 1281 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo