Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25082 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Giant Machines 2017 Released
1. Re: Giant Machines 2017 Released Sep 30, 2016, 18:41 Cutter

Huh, that could be interesting. I've always been curious what it must be like operating those things.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2016, 15:22 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 13:18:
Retired wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 12:30:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 10:55:
heroin wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 10:49:
HBO Chief Keen On "Thrones" Spin-Offs.

ME TOO

We got Luke Cage on NF, WestWorld on HBO, and I still have 4 episodes of Mr Robot this weekend...

Golden age of tv...

Just finished Daredevil season 2 last night. Very happy. Might dip into Luke Cage.

Earth CO2 levels: Have we crossed a point of no return?

Don't need to be a scientist to say yes. Don't see many frogs anymore. Don't see salamanders (haven't seen one for probably 20 years). Killing off of forests. Plastic islands. Oil disasters that never get cleaned up.

I wonder just how many more generations we will go before some major diseases start wiping us out again. I don't think it is far off. In the US, all that has to happen is a cut in our food supply. We are an on demand, just in time food distribution country. More than 96% of the people in the US wouldn't last more than 2 weeks without a grocery store, fast food, or a restaurant.....

When you've lost Bats...

Especially with China and India continuing to build coal plants, we're well and truly fucked. (In balance, China builds a lot of wind, too)

We're moving in the right direction (less driving, less coal & oil usage, more solar and wind building out, etc.) but too slowly.

China and India are already a disaster and only getting worse. It's as the rest of the third world is starting to finally hit real industrialization that the planet is going to go off the fucking rails. Heartless as it sounds, a new major pandemic is really required for a major reset on the planet. If it doesn't occur we'll be facing down WWIII before overly long.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2016, 15:18 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 12:38:
Cutter: 11-10-8, so he must be using Coots McGroot in the football league. So we are tied for now in the standings, with Blue (Hair) somewhere down the line. It's hard to see Blue from these lofty heights... Tongue

Yeah, Coots is me. IRL I get called Cutter, Cuts, Cuttsy, Coots, Cooter, Cooper, The C-dog (I kid you not), I even had some drunk old ladies at my bar one time who kept calling me Sizzler. 'Hey! What the hell is your name again? Sizzler?'

I just hate when I make the "obvious" pick and they lose. Motherfucker!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2016, 15:13 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 11:29:
“Trusting authoritarian regimes to ensure the continued freedom of the internet is lunacy,” said Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in a statement. “The president does not have the authority to simply give away America’s pioneering role in ensuring that the internet remains a place where free expression can flourish.”

"Only the authoritarian regime of the NSA or FBI can do that, goddammit!!"

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think assigning governance of the internet over to ICANN is a mistake, but their reasons for objecting to it are fucking hilarious.

Does he mean those same state-level authoritarian regimes that outlaw muni broadband and competition in the so-called "free" market? Those authoritarian regimes?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2016, 11:57 Cutter

HBO should do a series based on Georgey's Wild Cards. It'd be nice to see a gritty adult show about Aces and Jokers.

And yeah, hope I bounce back this week. So far I'm 11/10/8, and I don't like it when my correct picks fall under 10. Picked the Bengals too, so let's hope that foretells a perfect score this week. Cheerleading

Earth CO2 levels? Oh well it was a good run while it lasted. Wry

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 30, 2016, 11:35 Cutter

Yeah, I mean now virtually everything is made from the outset with planned obsolesce factored in. And there are virtually no repair shops around at anymore anyway. I remember when appliance, TV and Shoe repair shops were common.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 30, 2016, 11:33 Cutter

"Welcome to Itchy and Scratchyland, where nothing can possib-lie go wrong. Uh, possibLY go wrong. Huh, that's the first thing that's ever gone wrong."  

News Comments > Dungeons & Darkness Released
3. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 11:28 Cutter

Sigh, Steam and its fucking shovelware.

News Comments > Crucible Announced
1. Re: Crucible Announced Sep 30, 2016, 11:26 Cutter

Annnd another griefer game. Is Amazon trying to lose money here? They could just give it to me instead. All the coke dealers and hookers would appreciate that money so much more. Wry

News Comments > New World Announced
1. Re: New World Announced Sep 30, 2016, 11:24 Cutter

"murderous player bandits" aka Griefers Paradise. Annnnd just like that it's over before it even began.  

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied
3. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied Sep 30, 2016, 11:22 Cutter

Stringent denials are usually the best confirmations.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2016, 21:58 Cutter

Rhialto wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 21:29:
Why the link to Videosift instead of original post on Vimeo?

Because that's just how it's done round these parts, pardner. Or in the words of Run DMC, "It's like that, and that's the way it is." Damn, now I need to go listen to Tricky.

News Comments > Fig Shares Get SEC Approval
3. Re: Fig Shares Get SEC Approval Sep 29, 2016, 21:56 Cutter

Dev wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 20:14:
I might do a tiny amount depends on the price.
Risks are that this only picked up about $4m, when they claimed to notch they needed $18m and I think original game was made for $13m.
Plus, look at what happened with Broken Age.

I'd never back DF, but I mean the service in general. If someone reputable that I know and trust would do a project I'd be far more inclined to invest on it through this service than rolling with the idea that I'm pre-purchasing something, because I'm not.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Sep 29, 2016, 20:10 Cutter

Wouldn't 'The Backer Con' be a more appropriate name? Smartass

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 29, 2016, 20:09 Cutter

The Division "sale" price on Steam - $48CDN
On G2A? - $36

News Comments > Fig Shares Get SEC Approval
1. Re: Fig Shares Get SEC Approval Sep 29, 2016, 20:04 Cutter

Now this is the sort of thing I can get behind. If I'm taking risk with my money I want - at least the possibility of - some reward.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 17:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 16:42:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 13:07:
And if this 'alcosynth' is for real that guy will soon be the richest man on the planet.

It'll be interesting to see his meteoric rise to power and then watch the class action lawsuits in 10 years destroy it all because it turns out it causes some horrible body problem.

Zombie apocalypse? Zombie

Whatevs. We're all gonna' die anyway. If means a decade of getting wasted without hangovers that sounds like a fair trade to me.

Party2
Cheers
Drinkers
Drunk2
Zombie
Cthulhu

is still better than...

Hungover
Coffee

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2016, 15:16 Cutter

Not only should any government employee who runs unauthorized searches be terminated with cause on the spot, it should be an automatic prison sentence of 2-5 years as well. It should also open them up to 100% liability for a civil suit. The deterrent on this has to be immensely strong in order to prevent it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2016, 15:10 Cutter

Yeah, this is on my wishlist. Looks and sounds great but $22 for what's essentially a tablet game? Um mo.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 13:07 Cutter

Ok, remind me to never stand near that Aussie guy during a lightning storm.

And if this 'alcosynth' is for real that guy will soon be the richest man on the planet.

25082 Comments. 1255 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo