Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25858 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:46 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:30:
The video is a good example of fake news and all the usual suspects instantly fall for it too (I would laugh, but that is really sad). edited to show a certain spin on a situation, we have no confirmation the audio wasn't added later, while taken as 2 separate events (which seems to be the case) both situations were handled correctly, trainer took the dog out of the water and in 2nd video (which was edited together to make it appear it's the same timeline) the dog went under and movie was cut and trainers rushed to the animal. TL;DR, 2 scenes did not finish recording because animal was having none of that shit.

You can argue the scene isn't dog friendly at all, but this is classic fake news. The scene wasn't shot, it was 2 attempts that were interrupted to safe the dog from (any further) harm.

Media competence is when you can spot such shenanigans.... sad, it is when you can't. Because it makes me wonder how many other videos were cleverly cut together (or apart) in order to misconstrue meaning.

For me personally, I think dogs and animals in general have no place in movies whatsoever. There was never an instance where that ended up being a good thing for the animals. But that isn't what I care about here, what I care about is that someone sent this vid to me and I had to google 50 fucking minutes to find the original unedited source, and there is none

And when the only source for something is a cut video on a click-based ad-revenue pseudo news site then my "fake news" detection gene starts up. If someone has actual sources on this please link. (as in, not self-referencing sources)

Are you fucking high or just stupid? It's not fake news. There's nothing fake about it. Give your head a shake.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:40 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:28:
but people just love to be offended and get ANGRY!! RAWR!! because they usually suppress it too much in "normal" life, and look for any and every "acceptable" outlet possible - so go ahead and just follow the leader, like a good little sheep, thats it.. go with the flow, everything will be ok... get pissed off, feel righteous about it - thats right, you are a moral and ethical superhero!! yay for you, you hero

The fuck is wrong with you? If people shouldn't get pissed off at cruelty - animal or otherwise - poverty, injustice, et al. than what the fuck should they get pissed off. Asshole.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:37 Cutter

So I caught the first two eps of Taboo and I wasn't impressed at all. However, what I was impressed with is Show Me a Hero with Oscar Issac. Has anyone else seen this? Brilliant series. I really like Issac's work. He's a damn fine actor. Also caught A Most Violent Year which stars him and Chastain. Terrific film. Man, I love these NYC period pieces. So if you're looking for something good to watch, cue those up.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:23 Cutter

Who was the motherfucker recording that and laughing. Castrate the son of a bitch, both him and the dog owner/handler. Yeah, animal cruelty is really funny you fucking psychopath.  

News Comments > Call Of Cthulhu Trailer
4. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jan 19, 2017, 13:04 Cutter

Yeah, I dunno. I'm much more interested in The Sinking City. Haven't heard anything about it since last year so I hope it's still on track.

News Comments > Galaxy of Pen & Paper Announced
1. Re: Galaxy of Pen & Paper Announced Jan 19, 2017, 13:00 Cutter

Fucking lame! I was all hyped for a second someone was doing a proper virtual desktop/NWN'ish type CRPG! Grrr!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2017, 01:01 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 22:05:
I used to support Wikileaks and Assange's goal, but that was before I learned they leak very specific information in order to influence public opinion, sway elections, and that they are working with dictators and malcontents to accomplish goals such as undermining democracy. The USA wasn't the first country that had its election influenced by these leaks. If Wikileaks was truly about total transparency from all sides, that would be an admirable goal, but they are picking and choosing who they ally with, they are sitting on information that would hurt sides that they want to win instead of releasing it, and their allies are not always honorable or just.

#1. You give Wikileaks way too much credit. The vast majority of people out there have no clue who they are or what they do. Go out tomorrow and ask 100 people if they've ever heard of them or what they do and I'd be amazed if even 1 person had a passing familiarity with them.

#2. They're reinforcing democracy by exposing all the real shit that's undermining it. Manning went to prison for embarassing the powers that be, not because what released was untrue. Same with Snowden. They're simply exposing the shit all the smart people know has been happening forever now. And even if were the case why shouldn't the pick on the biggest villains? What would be the point of it otherwise? You can't fight everyone, but you can at least point out the biggest prick in the room.

Show me one, just once credible source that your claim is true.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 16:33 Cutter

A short and edifying article on windshield repair.

Why auto glass service isn't all it's cracked up to be

News Comments > Morning Interviews
20. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 14:20 Cutter

The lack of a standardized platform and actual games are a major problem, and so is the price. Jesus, $1200CND for a Vive, and that's not even including the extra bells and whistles. And you need PC capable of running it. So several thousand dollars to play VR tech demos? Yeah, I'll be passing for a very long time to come thanks. At the current rate VR is set to fizzle once again.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 13:27 Cutter

Goddamn, the size of that gator!

8. Re: Chelsea Manning’s 35-year sentence commuted by Obama. Jan 17, 2017, 22:44 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:09:
Every time I see that picture of her I instantly think of the movie 'White Chicks'

I think Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. Seriously, that picture is just fucking creepy. I'll be curious to see if he actually goes through with gender reassignment now or whether it was a scam.

I think Snowden is boned now however. He should have come back and took his chances with Obama. With Putin and the Donald being good pals, I can see them handing him over now. If I were Snowden I'd be looking to get out of Russia PDQ.

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2017, 22:41 Cutter

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 22:01:
You are a POS and whats wrong with this country. its people like u and your stupid ass thinking thats gotten this country to its knees. Fucking moron!! These people committed treason, do you have any fucking clue what that is or what that means??

No, actually the government has been committing treason, they've merely exposed it. That makes them heroes you owe an a huge debt of gratitude to, unless you hate the Constitution and the good things America is supposed to represent.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 17, 2017, 22:27 Cutter

QFT...

I find it hilarious how those same people who think that the private sector can do a better job than the public sector and want the government to "stay out of their lives (meaning stay out of their wallets)" are out in full force screaming at public officials to "do something" when a public company refuses or is unwilling to deliver. Thanks for the laughter Karl. I needed it.

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
17. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 17, 2017, 22:16 Cutter

To the conspiracy theorists, this has nothing to do with spying, tracking, or other nefarious activities. When we decided to reboot GeForce Experience with version 3.0 to fulfill the vision we have in mind for it we had a tough decision to make, but think about it: How much worse would it have been to release 3.0 without the login requirement, and then add it on with version 3.3, or 3.5, or 3.8? That would have been even worse.

I love the deflection. Ok, you still haven't answered WHY someone needs to login to an account to stream local data. So yes, it very obviously has to with spying, tracking and other nefarious activities.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2017, 17:34 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 16:07:
Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 16:00:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 14:06:
What Bond needs is better writers. It seems like whenever they cast a new Bond the first film is awesome and the following films suck.

Spectre was bleh but Skyfall ruled. That's the best one to date now. And QoS was better than CR. So that's not true.

Have you been at the Gaffer's home brew again? CS was tight. QoS was a mess.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong they are.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2017, 16:00 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 14:06:
What Bond needs is better writers. It seems like whenever they cast a new Bond the first film is awesome and the following films suck.

Spectre was bleh but Skyfall ruled. That's the best one to date now. And QoS was better than CR. So that's not true.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2017, 15:49 Cutter

That's a big thumbs-up for John Carmack and a big middle finger for Microsuck.

23. Re: WWIII Jan 16, 2017, 20:36 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 18:49:
Well it's debatable if the New Deal made any difference, and whether or not it was simply the massive infrastructural spending of WW2 that turned the economy around - govt acting as a business - see Keynesian economics. That doesn't mean we need to be in a war to accomplish the same. Something similar can probably be done by having an organized and actionable plan to repair the nation's various types of infrastructure, but with a focus on hiring locals and contracting with domestic businesses, etc.

No, it's not debatable, gov't spending works and austerity budgets don't. That's fact, proven countless times over. Why? In the first world we are conspicuous consumers - for the most part - at least post-industrialization. When there's high unemployment there's no money being spent. When the gov't puts people to work we see the ancillary economy grow, and that puts people to work. Even forgetting about things like The New Deal just look at the MIC, PIC, or any other gov't service that spurns ancillary employment. It creates about 10X more employment than it costs directly.

Where it falls down is only in cases where it's permanent and there's a lot of corruption and people not paying the taxes they're supposed to. This is where things like Greece occur. The GOP always talk a good game about limited gov't but they always end up increasing the size of gov't. A big part of it is because they hire corps who nickel and dime for the lowest bid, treat/pay their employees the worst, and therfore get the worst performance out of people. Minimum wage = minimum effort.

Did you know stock options used to be common for employees once upon a time? That's right, after the initial hiccups and exploitation seen in the beginning of the last century, a lot of owners realized they were faced with profit sharing or unions, and the former was overwhelmingly seen as a much better incentive with much less problems. It didn't last long which is what led to the union movements in the 1930s. Even today most companies that are employee owned or utilize profit-sharing do immeasurably better than being a serf on the clock.

Yah, I know it sounds like I'm a supporter, but I figure since he's going to be in office we should encourage 'good ideas' - instead of constantly whining and squabbling about our differences.

Yeah, that would be super if it worked, but it doesn't. You can't tell a sociopath like Trump that what he's doing is unfair because it simply doesn't register with him. He is literally incapable of understanding that concept. Same with the rest of the sociopaths and psychopaths out there. They understand it academically, but on a personal level it means nothing to them. It simply doesn't resonate with them. And people getting angry because they're broke, overworked, underpaid, hungry, tired, living in poverty - or near enough - while the haves have more than they could ever sensibly use in a lifetime isn't whining, it's fighting for a decent quality of life. Remember this scene from Wall Street? It's more apt than ever....

How much is enough?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2017, 20:06 Cutter

If you believe they put a man on the moon, man on the moon....  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2017, 18:24 Cutter

From Harvard....

The Myth of Shareholder Value

25858 Comments. 1293 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo