Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29256 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Surviving Mars Adds Creative Mode
1. Re: Surviving Mars Adds Creative Mode Aug 6, 2018, 13:19 Cutter

Well of course Apple and Apple users are dicks. I'm surprised they didn't go with Galileo or Newton instead.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2018, 15:34 Cutter

Zero faith in CBS delivering a good Trek even if Patrick is involved. And I must say, he's looking old.

Great airline video. And the OP Geese thing was funny as hell.

Now I want a corn dog.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
42. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 5, 2018, 15:14 Cutter

Everyone's a winner baby, that's the truth....

12. Re: Out of the Blue - Doctors Die... Aug 5, 2018, 11:35 Cutter

Jonjonz wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 09:06:
A bit of a jump from One factoid by itself (double the average suicide rate) to say the Docs are all stressed beyond human limits.

A related fact is that when faced with their own end of life issues, like heroic measures, prolonging life via breathing machines etc., many doctors refuse such measures.

So I wonder if many doctors facing their own difficult end of life scenarios not only refuse heroic measures, but take the easy way out as well, thus skewing the average suicide rate for doctors.

People really need to stop saying that. Suicide is not an easy way out of anything. Everyone has a breaking point. While some people are willing to cling to life at any price most are not. They simply want the pain and suffering to end.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2018, 15:40 Cutter

Good article on being a lawyer. I'd suggest doing what I did, work for a major firm for a summer as a messenger. That was enough to convince me that corporate law was not for me. Entertainment law on the other hand is pretty sweet - or at least those lawyers I was dealing with definitely liked to party hardy. Maritime law is interesting. Bankruptcy and Tax law? Not so much.

That spillway video was kinda cool. Music was great. Love those sorts of big civil engineering projects.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 4, 2018, 14:46 Cutter

Apple is evil. No shit.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
1. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 14:44 Cutter

And I thought the object in WC was to defeat the Kilrathi menace. So what's SQ42 supposed to be? An encounter session? You sit down with the Kilrathi (or whoever the enemy is) and work it out over some sympathy tea?

And what's supposed to be fun in SC? Having a 50 man firefight on a barren rock in space?

Ahhh SC, the scam that just keeps on giving...as it's taking.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2018, 19:45 Cutter

How fucking ridiculous. The US taxpayer gets raped for almost a trillion bucks a year by the MIC and from the sounds of it in this article the Navy is literally falling apart. Waaaaaaaay past due to seriously slash the US military, fellas. Trump is telling everyone else to spend more on military and everyone else is telling him to spend less.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2018, 15:35 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 15:30:
Flash sales MIGHT be coming back to Steam sales!

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/08/03/steam_flash_sales_are_coming_back

Yeah, Blue already got that in the etc. section today.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2018, 13:32 Cutter

Fuck TO. He doesn't deserve to be in because he's the biggest suck to ever play in the NFL. He didn't make it in first round so in typical TO crybaby fashion he's skipping the award ceremony at Canton. The guy had all the natural skill in the world but all he did was lip off and run everyone else down. Nothing was ever TO's fault, no! It was always someone else that was the problem. And Ray Lewis should be in prison IMO. The HOF should be about more than just player stats. Than again look at the Baseball HOF. They have zero problem putting in all those roid monkeys and cheaters. Par for the course these days I suppose.

All things considered both teams were a bit wobbly - as to be expected - bu looked good on the whole. I think the helmet rule may end up being a nightmare this season. Should be a great season, especially in the NFC.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2018, 13:15 Cutter

Flash sales were the best part of Steam sales. The sales are virtually meaningless now without them.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
4. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 12:48 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 12:36:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 12:18:
The fact that they took 50 people at a station, put them in various ships, some holding like 20 and flew them to another planet for Battlefield-like combat, all without loading screens is crazy impressive technically, regardless of the latency.

Are you sure?

I mean, the video cuts to different perspectives like every 5 seconds... you aren't seeing this from perspective of a single player... loading screens could have been easily edited out.

Not claiming they were edited out for sure, given RSI goals... but it is hard to tell from that video.

That's exactly what's going on. Almost all those shots are less than 2 seconds and things are still or have minimal movement. Anything beyond that shows serious jank and rubber banding. That looked terrible and that was the best they could spin it. Watching the raw footage would look downright awful I'm sure. Just more propaganda from the Cult of CR.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 2, 2018, 23:29 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 22:57:
Stung By Criticism, Trump Administration Emphasizes Election Security Response.

Too little, too late?

The GOP never bites the hand that feeds them - their Rooskie masters.

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
6. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 2, 2018, 23:17 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 23:10:
I'm not sure if you all realize this but Casey Hudson is BioWare's GM. You can say whatever you want but having the studio under his direction means there's a chance we'll get proper Mass Effect and Dragon Age titles. Especially with ME given he was that title's project director.

That's a bad thing. Color-coded responses? Treating your playerbase like they're all retarded chimps? He's a big part of Bioware's fall from grace into the shallow EA studio -designed by marketers for marketers - it is now.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2018, 20:35 Cutter

Most people are stupid and/or weak and scared. They need a crutch whether it's an invisible sky wizard or heroin or what have you.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2018, 17:16 Cutter

I totes forgot pre-season starts tonight. Sweet! I always get happy when football is just around the corner. Gonna take a road trip down to the US second or third week of Sept with the broshack. We're gonna' catch a game though not sure where exactly yet. I want to head up to Lambeau and check out Milwaukee as well but he may not be down for it. Otherwise it'll probably be in Chi-town, Mo-town, or even Cleveland.

News Comments > Madden NFL 19 PC Gameplay Footage
5. Re: Madden NFL 19 PC Gameplay Footage Aug 2, 2018, 17:13 Cutter

$5 to try a 10 hour demo? Hahahaha! Suck my balls, EA! $60 is way too much for this. Pass.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2018, 11:27 Cutter

Those HAL replicas are pretty sweet but drastically overpriced.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 1, 2018, 21:48 Cutter

Ok, Musk seriously needs to go away now.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2018, 17:09 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2018, 14:55:
Blue is going to need those hangover cures after that Mets game.

@Cutter, the economy ain't what it used to be. Cops making $15 per hour and 80% of US workers living paycheck to paycheck.. It's not like the 80s where you could make enough to live on while going to school. Rather it's a lot more difficult today.

What? Cops here make over 100k CDN a year. A senior cop with salary and benefit is making 200k. In fact it's probably the biggest complaint about public expenses in Canada because all the politicians are too cowardly to do anything about it. It's insane. I just did some looking and most cops in the US are making $70K US plus on average. So I don't know where you're getting this $15 an hour nonsense.

Anyone working in a half-decent resto is going to make between $100-$300 a day on average - not including wages, so average that out to $50 a day after taxes. State college institutions are about 7k a year on average. Tha's 45 weeks of schooling, or $155 a week for classes. You can easily live on the cheap as a student for a grand a month. So 19k, just round up to 20 for a nice round number. That means you only need to make $385 a week to cover that. You can easily manage that in a decent resto working just 2 days a week. You might have to pull a double if it's a slow day. So working 2 days a week, part-time, has all your expenses covered and the rest is just gravy.

I can't cound how many students I've worked with over the years that easily manage all their expenses and can save bank on top of it doing that. They pick up shifts and work more when they can and shed them when it's coming around time for exams. School year over they work like beavers for the rest of the year, make mad bank, than fuckoff for a few weeks before going back to school and take a well-earned vacation somewhere.

If you want to go to a more expensive school and can't afford it, too bad so sad. Life is disappointing. That's a good life lesson that can't too soon for the little bastards. But expecting other people to foot the bill for it? Um no.

29256 Comments. 1463 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo