Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28716 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 16:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:57:
Those giant wind turbines are stupid, and an eyesore. Anyone who lives around them doesn't want them around. Typical government stupidity and corruption are involved with those things. Give credits for solar and windpods on peoples homes would be far more efficient and desire. But that would make sense.

Small windmills are much less efficient. And you can't power cities with rooftop solar. Both of these need industrial level size and investment. Fortunately, the best wind resources are in farmland areas or offshore, so most people don't need to see them.

Yes, but a combination of homebased solar and wind is generally more than enough for any household. Enough that they generate a surplus of electricity which can be sold back to the grid. And seeing cities are comprised of 80% suburbs it makes perfect sense because you can't stick giant wind turbines in cities anyway. And using them to generate energy in the country amounts to the same problem. People in the country don't want them and it's a lot less efficient transferring power over long distances than it is to generate it locally. This is a really big issue in Ontario. There's been tons of opposition to it and the government has just steamrolled over everyone including using emminent domain to plunk the things down where they want. The general feeling is that there's a shit ton of corruption involved in all of this. They even made a documentary about in 2015.

DOWN WIND - Wind Farm documentary

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 24, 2018, 16:37 Cutter

Task wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:25:
Cutter, look into it before hyperboling.

As stated by devs "there is no server requirements at all, save games will not be affected, etc."

You only need to login if you want to play multiplayer against one other person.

That's not hyperbole, I'm repeating what I've read. Several reviews on Steam state that in order to play the game login's are mandatory.

E.G:

"Soo many things wrong with this game where do i start:

1) Login mandatory to play
2) Graphics are absolutely horrindous (I ran it on high with the highest resolution 1980x1200 and I have a 1080 TI)
The graphics can be related to a game from 2006-2008 at best
3) Turn-Based game??? Really how would you mess up the legacy here this absolutely Destroys playability!
Playability is absolutely atrocious
4) Loading times are unbarable at best
I have pretty much nthe fastest compuuter money can buy and the load times and cut scenes (having to press esc and then wait another 5-10 seconds) makes this one of the worst games."

Just go look at the neg reviews. Sounds like there's an awful lot wrong with this game even beyond that which is why the overall review is Mixed so far. Meanwhile Frostpunk is sitting at Very Positive atm.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Frostpunk Released
17. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 16:29 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:11:
It was our hope...That pushed us on...

Am I the only one who is annoyed by dramatic pauses that make no sense in context?

Yeah. That reminds me of that Seinfeld episode on exclamation marks.

Elaine and exclamation points!

16. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 16:25 Cutter

Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:26:
You say that like people should know who they are. Those names mean nothing to me.

YouTube has a search feature. Use it and educate yourself.

If you have no life that's your problem. The rest of us generally consider our time too valuable to be wasting it finding and listening to what Youtube "celebrities" think about anything. Ergo, their names mean nothing to people with a life.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 13:57 Cutter

Those giant wind turbines are stupid, and an eyesore. Anyone who lives around them doesn't want them around. Typical government stupidity and corruption are involved with those things. Give credits for solar and windpods on peoples homes would be far more efficient and desire. But that would make sense.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 24, 2018, 13:36 Cutter

Whilst Frostpunk seems to be well received so far there are plenty of mixed reviews on Battletech. It requires an online connection/mandatory login as well apparently so that's a no-sale right there.

8. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 13:26 Cutter

Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 12:16:
Rhialto wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 12:14:
Nice trailer but it does not tell me much about gameplay, I'm curious so I'll dig a bit more and find out.

Quill18 and ChristopherOdd have Let's Play videos on YouTube.

You say that like people should know who they are. Those names mean nothing to me.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2018, 23:05 Cutter

Sounds like the military needs to be coming up with better cup protection. Better still, hardened battle armor. Oh right, grunts are cheap and expendable.

Weird that if he had kids with the donor's tackle they wouldn't be his. You'd think his genes would overwrite them or something at some point. I wonder if they would with gene therapy? As someone commented on Ars, why not just a vasectomy. Testes are important and a vasectomy would have taken care of that while leaving them with him.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 23, 2018, 22:54 Cutter

And the list of reasons to avoid cryptocurrencies like the plague continues to grow daily.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
3. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 23, 2018, 22:50 Cutter

Yeah, CoH was tons better. Still amazes me how few (good) superhero games there are/have ever been for video games. I'd love to see a new CoH.

News Comments > StarCraft II Premium Maps
2. Re: StarCraft II Premium Maps Apr 23, 2018, 22:44 Cutter

Darks wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 22:00:
Just low of Blizz to be pimping out two new maps. As if they need more money. These should have been free to the pubic. Blizz just keeps sinking lower and lower.

Yeah, what people used to do for free now comes with the expectation and sense of entitlement that you should be paid for every little thing.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2018, 16:39 Cutter

Wow, that Close Encounters bit was really quite good. Must have taken him ages to make that.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 23, 2018, 16:32 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 15:28:
I'm hoping for a dogbot like the one in the episode of Black Mirror, Metalhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEg6oeazTNY

Why not K9 from Dr. Who?

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
10. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 16:31 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 14:20:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 11:37:
Or why not have some maps with one type of weapon only? I remember some servers used to do that for CS. It was always fun playing a map whre everyone had to use pistols only or SMGs, etc.

You can do this in the custom games (and people do). All loot percentages are modifiable and so are tons of other variables. Really a lot of granularity, you can even tweak individual circles speeds and damage, how long it takes to revive, etc etc.

Ahh ok. Thanks for the clarification. I recall watching you play a pistol map in CS once. You were crazy good.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2018, 11:48 Cutter

I was rather disappointed with the WW premier. I found it to be too obscure and it really dragged. If that's what the rest of the season is, it's over before it's begun - for me at any rate.

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
3. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 11:37 Cutter

Or why not have some maps with one type of weapon only? I remember some servers used to do that for CS. It was always fun playing a map whre everyone had to use pistols only or SMGs, etc.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 22, 2018, 10:55 Cutter

CTF still rules IMO.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 22, 2018, 10:54 Cutter

Armengar wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 05:04:
Stuff the AI. I want the flying cars and bus-like trips to the moon I was promised as a kid!

Those will be here before too long, but they never promised you could afford them.

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
30. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 22, 2018, 10:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2018, 22:46:
I'll have gotten my money's worth ($35) when the SP campaign comes out. That at least has a finishing line. Looking at a 2019 release.

Heh, yeah good luck with that. This time next year you'll be saying the exact same thing with the date moved up one more year. Most people either forget or don't seem to understand that CR's games got made in spite of him, not because of him. There's are plenty of reasons no one in the industry would touch him with a 10 foot pole when he proposed this game.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2018, 18:00 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Apr 21, 2018, 13:00:
Bummer about AvED getting axed. Instead we get more Grey's Anatomy and Super Star shows... Oh well. Maybe Raimi can interest Netflix or Amazon into some more AvED.

The show's ok, but nothing great. Honestly, the schtick gets old fast.

28716 Comments. 1436 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo