Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25048 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 29, 2016, 20:09 Cutter

The Division "sale" price on Steam - $48CDN
On G2A? - $36

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fig Shares Get SEC Approval
1. Re: Fig Shares Get SEC Approval Sep 29, 2016, 20:04 Cutter

Now this is the sort of thing I can get behind. If I'm taking risk with my money I want - at least the possibility of - some reward.  

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 17:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 16:42:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 13:07:
And if this 'alcosynth' is for real that guy will soon be the richest man on the planet.

It'll be interesting to see his meteoric rise to power and then watch the class action lawsuits in 10 years destroy it all because it turns out it causes some horrible body problem.

Zombie apocalypse? Zombie

Whatevs. We're all gonna' die anyway. If means a decade of getting wasted without hangovers that sounds like a fair trade to me.

Party2
Cheers
Drinkers
Drunk2
Zombie
Cthulhu

is still better than...

Hungover
Coffee

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2016, 15:16 Cutter

Not only should any government employee who runs unauthorized searches be terminated with cause on the spot, it should be an automatic prison sentence of 2-5 years as well. It should also open them up to 100% liability for a civil suit. The deterrent on this has to be immensely strong in order to prevent it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2016, 15:10 Cutter

Yeah, this is on my wishlist. Looks and sounds great but $22 for what's essentially a tablet game? Um mo.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 13:07 Cutter

Ok, remind me to never stand near that Aussie guy during a lightning storm.

And if this 'alcosynth' is for real that guy will soon be the richest man on the planet.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
32. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 13:01 Cutter

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 06:51:
I still have my original Ultima Online Cloth map here. Wonder what thats worth now.

That'd be hilarious to take it to an Antiques Roadshow!

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Rip and tear your eardrums with Doom 2016’s soundtrack, finally loosed from the game… Sep 29, 2016, 00:01 Cutter

SirKnight wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 22:51:
We haven't had a dynamic soundtrack that good in years, but the closest probably came in this March's surprisingly awesome Doom reboot

Doom's dynamic music is very good, but I think the best dynamic soundtrack is by far Red Dead Redemption. The soundtrack to that game and the way it worked was epic. EPIC.

Nothing will ever top Outlaws. I still remember John Romero talking about it being so good that he would personally hunt down and kill anyone who didn't buy Outlaws because the soundtrack was that fucking good. I still listen to it on occasion.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2016, 23:58 Cutter

DrSquick wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 22:35:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 22:04:
Good for Amazon. I hate UPS with a passion. If that's my only choice for shipping for an online order I'll forgo the order instead. Point in fact, whenever I have to ask a US company about their shipping options I'll tell them that explicitly up front.

Why? I order a billion things online constantly, and I never pay attention to who ships it. They all seem to be the same - about 90% of the time you will get it on time, and about 25% of the time that they do deliver it, it will be damaged/crushed... I haven't noticed one carrier to be better than another.

Because when UPS brings a package into Canada they tack on a rather large "brokerage fee" for themselves whether it's warranted or not - in some cases up to 50% of the value of the shipment. And you always get dinged duty and taxes on top of that. When I get something via USPS I rarely ever get dinged duty or taxes and at most there's a $5 brokerage fee and even that's rare. I understand FedEx is almost as bad but I've had no dealings with them.

And that's why I generally order direct from China - Aliexpress or Lightinthebox/Miniinthebox - where possible because not only do I not have to put up with any of that nonsense I get free shipping on any order, and even free express shipping in some cases. And while most deliveries take 2-6 weeks to arrive it's not a big deal if you're in no rush. Boggles the mind, I can get free shipping on anything from the other side of the planet but shipping costs even from New York state into Ontario can often cost as much if not more than the stuff I'm ordering. Explain that one to me.

9. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 28, 2016, 23:44 Cutter

heroin wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 23:12:
I remember those game boxes in the late 80's, early 90's. I think I hardly had brain cells when I used to play King's Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest - but I specifically remember the game boxes for Gold Rush & Hero's Quest (Quest for Glory) - (and I think the original Monkey Island) having better graphics on the box than what I was able to get out of my Tandy 2000 and being a bit disappointed. Once I started playing though... completely immersed, lol!

I miss game boxes. It was super awesome when they came with something like cloth maps or posters or what not. The excitement of waiting for the release. Driving to the mall and buying it. Driving home and opening it. Going through an actual manual and checking out what else was in there as you were installing the game. Then finally launching it for the first time. And when it was really great like Civ or Ultima or something you totally forgot to eat, only got up for bathroom breaks and snacks, and finally realized you had been playing all night and had to go to work in a few hours.

1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 28, 2016, 22:10 Cutter

I hope Clockwork Empires turns out well. I've been following it since day one but not going to take the EA plunge.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 28, 2016, 22:04 Cutter

Good for Amazon. I hate UPS with a passion. If that's my only choice for shipping for an online order I'll forgo the order instead. Point in fact, whenever I have to ask a US company about their shipping options I'll tell them that explicitly up front.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 28, 2016, 21:55 Cutter

Brunch Gay.

4. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 28, 2016, 21:51 Cutter

Kosumo wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 20:37:
While the complaints target Steam, the ASA said any ruling would apply to other advertising for No Man's Sky, such as official YouTube videos

I wonder if there are any other space sim games that have official YouTube videos/channel full with promises that would seem not to be in any released content?

Hah! Nice one, Centurion, like it, like it!

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
11. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 13:23 Cutter

Yeah, W2 sucked so I'll likely be skipping this entirely or waiting for the bargain bin - depending on reviews.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2016, 12:50 Cutter

Lol yeah, that's what I said to Blue in my email, let's kickstart a funding drive to get Iron Mike to be the one to punch him in the face. I'm sure that popped into a lot of people's heads immediately, haha!

Coffee in a cone next big food craze? No it's not.

Ostrich industry poised to take off? No it isn't.

Tipping isn't a city in China.

Around the time the scandal was made public, Wells Fargo said it fired 5,300 employees for opening unauthorized accounts. Only 10 percent of those employees were branch managers or higher in rank, and no senior executives were sacked.

No senior execs fired? I'm completely an utterly shocked! Rolleyes

John Oliver on Wells Fargo

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2016, 12:59.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
4. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 27, 2016, 21:31 Cutter

I didn't give a shit what Bungie did after Myth so why would I care now. The only thing that could pique my interest at this point is Sea Pimps.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 27, 2016, 21:29 Cutter

America accuses Senators of 'unacceptable' delay in getting the country working as it should.  

2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 27, 2016, 21:27 Cutter

Really? There's an AI and the world hasn't heard about it? Oh wait, that's because there isn't.

News Comments > Clustertruck Rolls
9. Re: Clustertruck Rolls Sep 27, 2016, 19:03 Cutter

Or Stan Lee's Ublucky Man - Clusterluck.

25048 Comments. 1253 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo