Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26980 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
53. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 12:16 Cutter

Shows how bad SC is failing. Used to be that a story like this would easily break 100 plus comments and last for days, now everyone's just kinda meh bleh about it.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 12:15 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 02:53:
Gibbage wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 00:07:
Right now I put Chris in the same category as Trump. Floated by a bunch of blind followers and nothing but empty promises. Wake me up with they file for bankruptcy and everyone is stuck with a 30 million dollar tech demo.

At least Chris has produced something. What has Trump produced, besides indigestion in large swaths of the population and laughter among our allies and enemies?

You keep saying that and it isn't true. He came up with ideas, which were subsequently taken away from him and given to other people because he was incapable of delivering on time and on budget. Trump has actually produced a lot of stuff in his time. Those hotels didn't build themselves.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 1, 2017, 12:12 Cutter

You can safely blame the publish PlayWay for that. Virtually everything they have devs push out the door is a hot mess. Just look at all their titles they publish on Steam, almost all are mixed or negative. And the complaints are all the same, potentially good game but released way too early way too buggy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 1, 2017, 12:07 Cutter

Nice clickbait headline. So nothing newsworthy actually happened then but you're going to report non-news with a clickbait headline anyway, right?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2017, 12:03 Cutter

I am disappoint!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2017, 00:57 Cutter

afka Rossini wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 23:47:
I'm really tempted to go look up the Game of Thrones leak. I'm enjoying this season and can't wait to find out what happens next. Part of me wishes HBO would just release the entire season at once. On the other hand, there is the fun of speculating around the watercooler.

That's precisely why I'm waiting until it's done and do a marathon watch. It's simply too frustrating with shows like these waiting a whole week for a new episode. And they may as well just have wrapped it up now. 7 eps? Seriously? All these show seasons just keep getting shorter and shorter. Pretty soon 1 show per year will constitute a season.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 31, 2017, 23:19 Cutter

You know you're getting older when...

I've heard of Whatsapp but still have no clue what it is or why people use it, and don't really care what's more.

News Comments > Wonfourn Announced
1. Re: Wonfourn Announced Jul 31, 2017, 23:14 Cutter

Hey the 80s called and they want their graphics back!

19. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 23:11 Cutter

And the excuse in September will be? Lol! This is just the gift that keeps on giving - except for all the people it's scammed out of money.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
20. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Jul 31, 2017, 16:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 14:23:
Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 13:38:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 13:29:
Anyone know where the development of this game is located? Is it in the US? Is it in a typically high-cost area? I've always wondered why a LOT of game companies are based in typically high-rent areas...wouldn't their investors be more impressed with them setting up shop somewhere cheap?

My point is, if they're doing the dev work in California, that half million is gonna dry up crazy fast. If they're in Ohio, it'll go a LOT further.

I've always thought that way as well. Why pay an exorbitant cost of living when you can do this sort of work anywhere?
Because you can't convince your devs to move to fucking Ohio?

I know a dev who lived in Hawaii,and decided it wasn't interesting enough so quit and moved to LA. Now he's happy and won't live anywhere else.

Yes, and there are also a lot of adult devs with families and they don't need to live in the big cities to go and club every night. They'd much rather live in a quiter, safer place with a much lower cost of living. There are no shortage of small and mid-sized towns that fit that bill. And what the hell is wrong with Ohio? It's a nice state and I'm sure the good people of Ohio state don't appreciate that sort of sarcasm, sir.

8. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Jul 31, 2017, 13:38 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 13:29:
Anyone know where the development of this game is located? Is it in the US? Is it in a typically high-cost area? I've always wondered why a LOT of game companies are based in typically high-rent areas...wouldn't their investors be more impressed with them setting up shop somewhere cheap?

My point is, if they're doing the dev work in California, that half million is gonna dry up crazy fast. If they're in Ohio, it'll go a LOT further.

I've always thought that way as well. Why pay an exorbitant cost of living when you can do this sort of work anywhere?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 12:28 Cutter

I like the original best, Crusade second, and Doom third...there is no fourth film so do not speak of it. Doom was great, what with them whipping all the little bastards in the salt mines! That's how you're supposed to raise kids, by crackey! 'Didn't clean up your room?' *whip* 'Didn't eat your vegetables?' *whip* Ahh, a man can dream can't he?

And wow with that Doctor. That's hardcore. Hat's off to her for that one.

Well there may be some cool science happening but will we also see a total eclipse of the heart? Wry

Well there you go. Life is a fluke. God is now officially dead. Suck it up religious kooks.

Being stuck in rush hour is bad for your health? No shit. They really needed a study for that?

Rather looking forward to seeing Oscar Issac and Matt Damon working together in that. Looks like a good flick. Love the line from the cop, lol.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 12:13 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 23:38:
Cutter, I suggest you petition your local government to eliminate their police force. Clearly you don't need them...

That's right, we don't. At least I don't. Maybe you're all too weak, stupid, and cowardly you NEED police but most of the world has got along just fine without them for its entire history and that includes most of the world today. They're the single biggest cost to any city and provide the least ROI.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 12:09 Cutter

HiQ scrapes data about thousands of employees from public LinkedIn profiles, then packages the data for sale to employers worried about their employees quitting.

And there's the problem with bad employers right there. Instead of wasting money on that sort of nonsense pay/treat your employees better and you won't have to worry about them quitting. It's not exactly rocket science.

As for this case LinkedIn has the right of it. It's their house and their rules. If they bar you that's it. It's like being banned from a store and forcing your way back in. That's criminal trespass if not breaking and entering right there.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2017, 12:01 Cutter

That looks pretty funny.

News Comments > Civilization VI Summer Patch
1. Re: Civilization VI Summer Patch Jul 31, 2017, 12:00 Cutter

Is this the patch that makes it at least decent? Enh mebbe I'll give it another try now.

News Comments > ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed
4. Re: ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 11:58 Cutter

Is this game in a playable state yet? This game alone is the reason to avoid EA games.

2. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Jul 31, 2017, 11:55 Cutter

Yeah, they crucify this on Steam. And a demo on a site you have to sign up for? Um no. Besides that trailer did nothing to inspire any desire for this. Sounds like what most of the complaints are, which is these guys are simply cashing in on the name.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2017, 21:34 Cutter

How on earth is it a noble job, or even necessary? Give me weapons and the authority to use them and what the hell do I need a cop for? To show up after the fact and take notes. National crime clearance rates are in the 30%-40% range meaning that more criminals get away with crimes than get caught. And then what? Toss them into prison to become even better more violent criminals. Yeah, great system. Really noble.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2017, 15:46 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 14:21:
It would be good if a reasonable minimum seat distance could be set via regulation. If the airlines had their way, this is how we'd all be packed in.

I woulda went with the sardine analogy. For all the time and hassle it takes to fly anywhere domestically you're really better off driving or taking the train.

26980 Comments. 1349 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo