Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25812 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 23:20 Cutter

Well that wasn't nearly as good as the Packers game but it wasn't bad. Too bad, woulda like to see the Chiefs move on. Ahh well, looks like it's shaping up for a Packers v. Patriots Superbowl as I imagined.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 20:06 Cutter

Booyah!

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 16:20 Cutter

The only thing more powerful than a solar eclipse is a total eclipse of the heart. Wry

And in a universe that's infinite, or near enough to it that it amounts to the same thing it would be absurd to believe it isn't teeming with all manner of life and civilizations ancient and still upcoming. And that's not even considering different dimensions, a multiverse, etc. That reminds me, I have watched The Andromeda Strain in a good while.

Eating hot peppers linked with a longer life? I think not. I really hate articles like that. As the old chestnut goes, correlation does not imply causation. You can't make that claim if you even understand the mechanism of why. I like spicy food but I get the acid-reflux something fierce from it. That's not good for the gut or organs, so no it wouldn't apply to someone like me.

Yeah, saw that Fedex vid yesterday. Gotta tip my hat to that guy. And here's why people need to slow the fuck down in inclement weather....
Truck drifts into path of snowplow, sends it OVER the railing. That's nuckin' futs!

And oh yeah, Go Pack!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 00:30 Cutter

Here - in NA at least - our parents, for those of us 40+/- are baby boomers. From Wikipedia

"Baby boomers are the demographic group born during the post–World War II baby boom, approximately between the years 1946 and 1964. This includes people who are between 53 and 71 years old in 2017, according to the U.S. Census Bureau"

Anyway, the last 40 years is on them.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2017, 21:05 Cutter

Haha Seahawks! Fuck Wilson and Sherman! So glad they lost!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2017, 21:01 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 19:20:
Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 12:13:
It's funny how they call our grandparents the "greatest generation" because they're not. They ended up raising the Boomers, which are, ostensibly, the worst generation. It absolutely boggles the mind how badly a bunch of people who started out hippies have fucked up the world so badly for the rest of us and continue to do so.

Why is this the Boomers' fault? I'd say they did a pretty decent job getting the world back on track after the planetary-wide devastation of WW2.

If anything, this really should be put at the feet of our generation, Gen-X. We're the ones who have allowed corporations to keep fucking us over, to let the income gap widen, who have let the environment go to shit, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the millenials themselves aren't helping, by and large, but I seriously don't see how this is the fault of the Boomers. The Industrial Revolution was a logical outcome of the massive production increases after WW2, and it was a huge cause of environmental catastrophe, but we're forty years on from that, and we're still all bickering over whether it's really happening and what we should really do about it.

All the fault of the current retirees?

No, that was our grandparents who fixed stuff post-WWII. We had fair trade, strong unions, low immigration, etc. The Boomers didn't start until the mid/late 60s. So they gave us Nixon, than Reagan who gave us "free" trade, destroyed the unions, stopped servicing the debt, increased immigration, relaxed environmental protections, allowed foreign ownership of property, etc. and the list goes on. And it's been getting steadily worse. They're still in control, so no, this is not our fault.

The millennials are spoiled brats to be sure but they're most definitely inheriting a much worse deal than what we got. It's zero wonder why we see people in almost every country now starting to move from the center to much more hard left or hard right, because whatever side you're on you know we've been getting screwed worse every year for the last several decades and it has stop. That is almost solely all on the Boomers.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2017, 12:48 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 12:14:
If only rich people had more money then they could give more of it to the rest of us /s

Yeah, well they'll certainly be getting a lot richer starting next Friday. Unfortunately, giving it to other people isn't part of the plan. Everyone else will be getting poorer. A lot poorer. Make America's Elite Richer Again!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2017, 12:13 Cutter

It's funny how they call our grandparents the "greatest generation" because they're not. They ended up raising the Boomers, which are, ostensibly, the worst generation. It absolutely boggles the mind how badly a bunch of people who started out hippies have fucked up the world so badly for the rest of us and continue to do so.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2017, 12:02 Cutter

Kid selling $25 keylogger faces up to 10 years in prison. Company scams 10's or 1000's of people for 10's of millions of dollars and faces a fine.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans
3. Re: Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans Jan 14, 2017, 11:56 Cutter

Someone needs to buy D&D away from these clowns and do some good things with it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2017, 21:51 Cutter

Yeah, sorry, Tom, but it is. They're gonna kill it and more. Just like Reagan, the next several years are going to be the rape of Pesephone all over again. Persephone being the American people...without the benefit of lube even.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 21:48 Cutter

Hey man, they made that bed, now they get to lie in it. Tough titty said the kitty. Zero pity for those foos.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
10. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 13, 2017, 21:38 Cutter

rist3903 wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 20:39:
This is Lucy holding the football, guys.

Perfect analogy, heh.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details
6. Re: Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details Jan 13, 2017, 16:46 Cutter

Right, this from a company too lazy to even specify the AMD requirements.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 13:47 Cutter

Seeing as it only costs $4 to make an epipen that's still outrageously overpriced for a life-saving device with a limited shelf life. Anything that critical should have to be sold at cost by the government or the pharms as part of the cost of doing business. That's absolutely essential.

Heh, that sheep, man. Guess you know who was on that night's menu when they got home.

News Comments > 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea
10. Re: 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea Jan 13, 2017, 13:15 Cutter

In other news Blizzard sold 10,0000 copies of Overwatch in Korea today.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
34. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 21:35 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:17:
Gold on January 12th, released on February 28th? Holy crap, that has to be the longest "Gold to Shelf" time frame ever...

In any case, I'm pretty excited to play it. If I remembered to switch over my email address to my new one on their website, which I... may not have done...

That's a good thing. That means they actually get to spend the next several weeks squashing bugs and fixing problems before the game arrives.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 12, 2017, 21:28 Cutter

Wow, another big fuck you from Obama as he leaves. Sending troops into Poland today too. Love the shock the hardcore lefties woke up today to find out that he's been the Deporter in Chief, deporting more people than any other prez. They're really been trying to fuck things up to cause as many problems as possible for the new administration.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 12, 2017, 21:00 Cutter

You're terminated, fucker!

News Comments > Conan Exiles PC Requirements
1. Re: Conan Exiles PC Requirements Jan 12, 2017, 20:49 Cutter

Wtf? "AMD equivalent"? Wtf does that even mean. If those cocksuckers are that goddamned lazy they can't even be specific with naming 2 cards and 2 CPUs for a minimum and a recommended it certainly doesn't instill confidence the game will be any good. Jesus, and Funcom wonders why its always failing. All I use is AMD/ATI so how the fuck am I supposed to just "know" what the equivalent is? Am I supposed to go look it up because they can't even be bothered to do it for their own fucking press release? For real? Yeah, you can write this game off already.

25812 Comments. 1291 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo