Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25996 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise
7. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 23:06 Cutter

This is why a really good base game CRPG builder similar to NWN would be an awesome business model to build around. You could easily license any numnber of IPs to churn out content packs so people could make their own Star Trek adventures, D&D, whatever you want in whatever genre you want. Never understood why they weren't making ST CRPGs.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
10. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 23:03 Cutter

Yifes wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 21:45:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 20:46:
This company is a cancer in the gaming industry. A large chunk of those profits were from microtransactions (e.g. gambling boxes).

If that is your definition of cancer then Valve is the worst offender by far, with all the actual CSGO and DOTA gambling going on.

Yeah but GabeN is just indifferent whereas Nodick is outright evil.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 14:57 Cutter

Hey Blue, how's the Gunnar-man like this sort of snowfall?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2017, 14:47 Cutter

Yeah, hold it in a muslim country and see how that works out for you. This liberal stupidity over this issue never ceases to amaze me. Yeah, fuck security, let's just open the borders entirely and let anyone do whatever they want. I'm sure that'll work out well.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
7. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:44 Cutter

Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

There must be a middle ground that'll work for devs and gamers alike.

That's a good thing, it'll only leave the real contenders who are serious and get rid of the tons of bullshit shovelware that Steam is lousy with. This is how business is supposed to work. Half the reason bureaucracy and fees exist is precisely to weed people out.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 10:36 Cutter

Snow Shovels of Death!

Seriously man, get an electric snow shovel. They're the best thing since sliced bread.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 23:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 21:07:
Humans accused of a crime have rights under criminal due process.

"Dogs have no rights. They're property," Favre said.

Gosh, I'm reminded of something far in our country's past. But I just can't quite put my finger on it.

So long as 'Murica is mostly a nation of bible thumpers that will continue to be the case.

News Comments > Afghanistan '11 Next Month
2. Re: Afghanistan '11 Next Month Feb 9, 2017, 23:17 Cutter

Ahh, another war of hegemony and occupation by 'Murica.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays
6. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays Feb 9, 2017, 23:14 Cutter

Yeah, well this is Obsidian after all.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 16:35 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:46:
They should have had devs lined up out the ass to have product ready to go.

I don't know how Oculus wasn't able to have a major AAA game ready to launch with Rift given a) the ridiculously long dev time Rift had and b) that facebook money. I'm sure as engines are built for VR support it'll slowly gain ground, but what a whimper of a start for the medium...

Even if it was just porting successful games like Skyrim, GTA, etc. to VR that would have made all the difference. There is less than zero incentive to get a VR system given the price and lack of games.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
26. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:25 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:07:
aww shit, two fairly-good games coming out one week after the other, don't think I'm gonna be buying both. I think Horizon: Zero Dawn is gonna get my money, though, as it isn't reliant upon my friends buying it to be fun. This will probably be a "first time it goes on sale for $40 or so" game.

God, I hate exclusives. It's not like there are many console games I want to play on the PC anyway but this is one of them. This was just put up on Gamespot 2 hours ago.

Horizon Zero Dawn's Full World Map Revealed

25. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:22 Cutter

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:13:
The chopper controls were worse than cancer. Seriously, worst control scheme ever, some keys can't be rebound, and it's really RNG flying.

Yeah, it definitely didn't make me want to yell, "GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 14:18 Cutter

Sounds like that fella should be suing some doctors. How in the fucking fuck do you go see a physician who just dismisses something like that out of hand without even investigating it. That's wholly negligent.

I just acquired my first new family doctor after a 4 year search since my old one retired and this guy is awesome. Right from the get-go he's ordered a complete level one diagnostic on me. I've been for top to bottom X-rays, ultrasound, blood cultures, etc. and going for an MRI and to a cardiologist next just to see how everything is running under the hood. Oh yeah, time for a colonoscopy too. Sitting on the can for three hours that's always fun, haha!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 14:13 Cutter

gsilver wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 11:17:
Plenty of places where winter is minimal and summers aren't too bad.

My folks live in a town (Silver City, NM) where the the average summer high is 87 with low humidity and 3" of snow in the winter.
It's not *gone* but that's a pretty easy winter.

It got up to over 60 degrees when I made a post-Christmas visit last year.

New Mexico is my fave state. If I was in the US I'd live in a place like that in a heartbeat.

Whilst it looks like we won't get crunched with that NY is getting atm we did have an ice storm on Chewsday eve. Man, what a PITA those things are. I so effing hate February. Oh well, a little over 2 weeks to go and then we can start dreaming about Spring.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 14:02 Cutter

You elect the GOP and live in a GOP run state and that's what you get. Simple solution, move to a better state.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 13:53 Cutter

Look at the Vive, $1200CDN that's outrageous. And even if they weren't massively overpriced there's zero reason to get one. You don't launch a product like this without an actual reason to buy one. There are zero real/good games for VR. They're all tech demos that they actually have the gall to charge money for. They should have had devs lined up out the ass to have product ready to go.

News Comments > GreedFall Announced
2. Re: GreedFall Announced Feb 9, 2017, 13:27 Cutter

grudgebearer wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 13:24:
Well that video told me absolutely nothing...

Really? It told me it's a console JRPG so it can safely be skipped in that case.

19. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 13:25 Cutter

I enjoyed the beeta but there's no way in hell I'm paying $80 for the game. If it were $40 I'd bite but otherwise no.

Perhaps some of you found the controls weird because they're tied to skills? One thing I didn't like was the flight controls for choppers and planes. I was using my gamepad and it was still a PITA flying around. And the guns on choppers need to track targets on the ground. Otherwise I didn't have a problem with them.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 8, 2017, 22:45 Cutter

Not to be confused with Brazzer's "Iron Fist". Hi-O!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 8, 2017, 22:13 Cutter

And if you say you don't use social media? That aside how fucking Nazi'ish is that? Critical of the new regime? No, you may not enter! Heard on the radio today a muslim woman in Montreal, who is a Canadian citizen, went to cross the border for a day trip of shopping - as she's been doing for decades now - and was detained for 4 hours than denied entry to the US for no discernible reason. In all fairness I've been detained by customs myself on more than one occasion but never denied entry.

25996 Comments. 1300 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo