Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25986 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2017, 19:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 14:54:
Of course he's guarding his strategy because the plan is to let ISPs F you in the A and force their own products on you over third party. They saw what happened with SOPA and they want to rush things through before the pushback.

It really illustrates just how unintelligent GOP voters are. They actually see this as a good thing and are literally unable to comprehend how this makes things worse for them in the long run. As long as you engage in jingoism and use words like "freedom" and "patriotism" and the like they'll swallow it, hook, line, and sinker.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2017, 17:18 Cutter

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 14:28:
Blame Obama, it was proposed under his watch.

You mean, blame Dubya, he started it. Obama did expand it. Trump expanded it even more. So once again we the GOP is the real evil as usual.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2017, 16:32 Cutter

We got 6 inches of light fluffy stuff Friday so that wasn't bad. Another 6 on Saturday wet and heavy so that sucked. And a full foot today - midweight kinda damp. Snowed all last night and today. Stopped and hour ago so I broke out the ol' Toro electric snow shovel and got everything done in an hour. Now as I just came back in it's starting to snow fairly heavily again. Motherfucker!

9. removed Feb 11, 2017, 16:16 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 12, 2017, 09:42.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2017, 16:14 Cutter

Fear is running high among immigrant communities since President Donald Trump's inauguration

Why would they be nervous if they're here legally?

and after the recent publicized deportation of an undocumented Arizona mother of two after a routine visit with immigration officials,

Undocumented? You mean she forgot to bring her documents with her? Oh, no you mean ILLEGAL ALIEN. So ICE is deporting criminals in that case. And the problem with that is? Until you're a citizen of a nation you're a guest, plain and simple. And they can change their mind any time whether you go or stay. And if you're there illegally you're a criminal, plain and simple, and you should get the boot. Millions of people spend an assload of time and money to follow the rules to do it by the book, that's just giving them a giant middle-finger otherwise. Without those rules what happens? Christ even with them there's 10-15 million illegals. Without them it'd be a 100 million. So yes, it is in fact a big part of keeping America safe and preventing it from turning into a completely giant cesspool.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2017, 16:06 Cutter

Considering the hardware for the test was sub-optimal that's hella impressive given that it's a 1/10th of the price of Intel to boot.

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
4. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 11, 2017, 16:00 Cutter

I'll third that for Viet-fuckin'-nam! Anything good in the 'Nam, man!

However, if they want do something realistic do the next one as WWIII with China. You know, the one President Bannon is going to start.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
29. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 13:58 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:44:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 23:03:
Yeah but GabeN is just indifferent whereas Nodick is outright evil.

It sounds like your assessment comes from personal experience and less from how they manage their products in the market. As far as I'm concerned as long as companies I've invested in as a shareholder are making profits legally and have some corporate governance and (or) responsibility then they're fine by me. Still, I think laying off staff after having a record quarter is uncool.

That's an exceedingly immoral position for someone who fancies himself an Xtian. Or are you once of those Trump phony Xtians who equates money and power with god. Yeah, who would Jesus fuck over for a buck? It would be comical if wasn't so sad that most atheists and agnostics are far, far more moral than most religious types who claim to be.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 10, 2017, 23:19 Cutter

Ok that was funny.

Speaking of batshit crazy I did not realize just how off the deep end Bannon is. Fucking wow. I realize there's no psychiatric vetting of those people who hold the reins of power but there oughta be, 'I'm sorry Mr. Bannon but you're a fucking lunatic and are therefore unable to work in that position.'

Steve Bannon Wants To Start World War III

That's an article sure to make the anus of any sane person clench up. Reminds me of the line from Admiral Painter in The Hunt for Red October "This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2017, 23:07 Cutter

More like some people much higher up the food chain weren't getting their cut.

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise
7. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 23:06 Cutter

This is why a really good base game CRPG builder similar to NWN would be an awesome business model to build around. You could easily license any numnber of IPs to churn out content packs so people could make their own Star Trek adventures, D&D, whatever you want in whatever genre you want. Never understood why they weren't making ST CRPGs.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
10. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 23:03 Cutter

Yifes wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 21:45:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 20:46:
This company is a cancer in the gaming industry. A large chunk of those profits were from microtransactions (e.g. gambling boxes).

If that is your definition of cancer then Valve is the worst offender by far, with all the actual CSGO and DOTA gambling going on.

Yeah but GabeN is just indifferent whereas Nodick is outright evil.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 14:57 Cutter

Hey Blue, how's the Gunnar-man like this sort of snowfall?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2017, 14:47 Cutter

Yeah, hold it in a muslim country and see how that works out for you. This liberal stupidity over this issue never ceases to amaze me. Yeah, fuck security, let's just open the borders entirely and let anyone do whatever they want. I'm sure that'll work out well.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
7. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:44 Cutter

Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

There must be a middle ground that'll work for devs and gamers alike.

That's a good thing, it'll only leave the real contenders who are serious and get rid of the tons of bullshit shovelware that Steam is lousy with. This is how business is supposed to work. Half the reason bureaucracy and fees exist is precisely to weed people out.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 10:36 Cutter

Snow Shovels of Death!

Seriously man, get an electric snow shovel. They're the best thing since sliced bread.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 23:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 21:07:
Humans accused of a crime have rights under criminal due process.

"Dogs have no rights. They're property," Favre said.

Gosh, I'm reminded of something far in our country's past. But I just can't quite put my finger on it.

So long as 'Murica is mostly a nation of bible thumpers that will continue to be the case.

News Comments > Afghanistan '11 Next Month
2. Re: Afghanistan '11 Next Month Feb 9, 2017, 23:17 Cutter

Ahh, another war of hegemony and occupation by 'Murica.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays
6. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays Feb 9, 2017, 23:14 Cutter

Yeah, well this is Obsidian after all.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 16:35 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:46:
They should have had devs lined up out the ass to have product ready to go.

I don't know how Oculus wasn't able to have a major AAA game ready to launch with Rift given a) the ridiculously long dev time Rift had and b) that facebook money. I'm sure as engines are built for VR support it'll slowly gain ground, but what a whimper of a start for the medium...

Even if it was just porting successful games like Skyrim, GTA, etc. to VR that would have made all the difference. There is less than zero incentive to get a VR system given the price and lack of games.

25986 Comments. 1300 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo