Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25400 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters Next Week
2. Re: Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters Next Week Nov 22, 2016, 15:06 Cutter

ViRGE wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 14:02:
As much fun as it is to build a city, we all know it's much more fun to wreck it.

I'll always love those old 70s disaster flicks like Earthquake, The Towering Inferno, et al.

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
1. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 15:03 Cutter

I really wish someone would do something Ass Creedish in the Edo period of Japan. That would effing rock.

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison

News Comments > BladeShield Next Week
1. Re: BladeShield Next Week Nov 21, 2016, 21:14 Cutter

OK, A) Lame. B) I'll be surprised if Disney doesn't sue the shit out of them.

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
3. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 21, 2016, 21:12 Cutter

Can you survive the grind?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
49. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 19:46 Cutter

Some of you are massively overreaching here. This isn't about college vs. blue collar because even the white collar is finally getting F'd in the A and they've had it too. The GOP has to make good on a lot of this stuff because it's their last kick at the can. This wasn't a pro-Trump vote, it was anti-establishment. Kill the TPP and NAFTA, bring back fair trade and end free trade. Even the dumbest republican understands that, more than anything else, is key to their survival. If it doesn't happen the GOP will be fucking crucified. If the Dems were so smart they should have went with Bernie.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 15:56 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:57:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:50:
Level up! Don't forget to select a Perk!

I think he might even find a Cutter bobblehead and gets TWO perks this year!

Sorry, only the ladies get my bobblehead. I never understood the draw of those things anyway. They make no sense. Unlike antenna balls, now they make sense! I always wanted on of those Jack-in-the-Box antenna ball's. Those things are sweet.

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 15:52 Cutter

Dacote wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 14:45:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 14:31:
Tom Bonier, CEO of the polling firm Targetsmart, pointed out https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/800683256601575424 on Monday that “almost 20,000,000 Trump voters would lose time and a half overtime” under a Republican plan to reverse regulations put in place by President Barack Obama.

The ignorati fell for the free ball cap, now it's screw the little guy ala Republican style. so sad

How? By killing bullshit like NAFTA and the TPP? There are actually a lot of republicans and democrats who are opposed to them and always have been you know. If the guy actually manages to get some shit done, what are the excuses for the left going to be at that point? Do you really think for one second a corporate whore and social pretender like Hillary would have done right by everyone? Fucking L O L!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 11:33 Cutter

Gratz Blue, here's to surviving one more trip around the sun!  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 11:29 Cutter

It's almost cute how dicks like Doctorow continue to bleat on about how Trump and his supporters are all whiny babies and the epitome of "thin skinned white male mediocrity". Really? Mediocrity eh? So the guy is a billionaire and now President. If that's mediocre I'd love to know what they define as a success. It's funny because the only whining I hear is coming from the whiny babies on the left. Cognitive dissonance is great isn't it?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 21, 2016, 11:08 Cutter

QFT....

Symantec and Life-Lock are in the same industry, providing worthless "protection" products to people who aren't very knowledgeable in how those systems work. The synergy is there.

9. Re: Taiwan waves Nov 21, 2016, 02:15 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 19:57:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 17:53:
Holy shit! SURF'S UP BRAH!

As a native californian who lived through the 80's in cali, don't you EVER FUCKING USE BRAH WHEN YOU SHOULD USE BRO! This isn't some fucking college kegger!

You fiend!

There's no way Bells is bigger than Waimea, bro.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2016, 15:17 Cutter

Orbital space station and space elevators ftw. Better still, create atmosphere re-entry suits so people can leap from said orbital space station and free fall to earth. What a blast that would be.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
85. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2016, 12:03 Cutter

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 02:52:
Dr_Dissent wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 01:29:
I was out walking my dog on the trail behind my house and I ran into this guy walking his dog. Started talking. He's a developer who works at CIG here in Austin. Says he's working on Star Citizen. I just smiled and said I was familiar with the company. What do you say when you meet a stranger who owes you money?

Was it a real dog, or was it a picture of a potential future virtual dog that they paid a few thousand for? Did they snag lifetime insurance for it?

Ok, I lol'd at that!

12. Re: EM drive Nov 19, 2016, 23:32 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 22:28:
Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 18:33:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 11:40:
I've been following the progress on this thing for a few years now, and it just keeps being amazing.

I sure hope the test in space in a few months will bear out.

Yeah, guess we'll see. If it does that's a complete game changer. Or maybe it just means we were wrong about Newts third law. Wouldn't be the first time that something accepted as gospel in science turned out to be wrong.

Iknowrite? Remember that time they thought the earth was flat and if you went too far you'd just fall off the edge? Morans.

Don't be fatuous. It happens all the time in science. New ideas are generally met with great resistance and ridicule most of the time. It generally takes a long time for acceptance. Then an even longer time when we find out it may not be valid because our instruments and models simply weren't refined enough at the time.

Ridiculed discoverers, vindicated mavericks

Resistance to New Ideas

Resistance to new ideas seems to be an enduring human characteristic, and scientists –despite extolling the virtues of objectivity-- have often proved themselves very human in this respect. Many of the great breakthroughs of modern science were initially rejected or ignored, sometimes for decades, and mainly because of bias. It is instructive to consider a few examples of scientific advances that were originally rejected....

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 19, 2016, 18:39 Cutter

No shit. I'm just amazed anyone thought wearables would be a thing even remotely in demand.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2016, 18:35 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:59:
They could make forced anal dildoing at 4pm daily compulsory and no one would give a shit if a Kardashian nip slipped in a Walmart.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Biker

8. Re: EM drive Nov 19, 2016, 18:33 Cutter

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 11:40:
I've been following the progress on this thing for a few years now, and it just keeps being amazing.

I sure hope the test in space in a few months will bear out.

Yeah, guess we'll see. If it does that's a complete game changer. Or maybe it just means we were wrong about Newts third law. Wouldn't be the first time that something accepted as gospel in science turned out to be wrong.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 19, 2016, 13:05 Cutter

Selfish lazy bums back other selfish lazy bums, film at 11.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 19, 2016, 13:04 Cutter

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 11:33:
I'm sad they've gone pure Pay to Win for this. Gwent is a fun game, but it's really very simple: A great deck beats a mediocre deck every single time. So if you go up against a guy who burned a hundred bucks for cards, and you spent none, you're never going to win. Period.

IIRC, they're releasing the game for free now, so that explains why they're going this route, but I would have much rather paid $30 for it, and then everyone has to earn their cards in-game.

That monster combo also looks ridiculous. In Witcher 3, the Monster deck was too easily beaten by a single Frost card (or the hilariously overpowered Frost / Vilentretenmerth combo), but making it so they can play one card to turn all their cards into Gold cards is just absurd. Especially since the monster deck keeps cards on the field after a round anyway.

We'll see how this turns out. Hopefully they're still balancing a lot. And I guess at least it'll be free, so it's easy to try.

That's true of all these sorts of games which is why I don't bother with them. Just load up W3 and play in-game anyway.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
13. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 13:00 Cutter

"Finding the occasional straw of truth awash in a great ocean of confusion and bamboozle requires intelligence, vigilance, dedication, and courage. But if we don't practice these tough habits of thought, we cannot hope to solve the truly serious problems that face us --- and we risk becoming a nation of suckers, up for grabs by the next charlatan who comes along."

- Carl Sagan

25400 Comments. 1270 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo