Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27361 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
2. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 15, 2017, 15:34 Cutter

So it's just like the Olympics?

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2017, 19:08 Cutter

2 days to spare on that lottery ticket. Jeez, could you imagine if that was you and found it the day after it was too late? Don't even wanna' consider it.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 14, 2017, 14:56 Cutter

We'd all be better off if the Googles and Apples of the world just paid their fucking fair share of taxes. This is just a publicity stunt for a tax write-off. The vast majority of people aren't suited to code or work in tech. And as the AI/robotics continue to increase you'll need less and less people working in tech/IT anyway, so only people that are exceptionally good at it will be employed.

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
3. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 14, 2017, 14:51 Cutter

PUBG and Overwatch pretty much have the market sewn up atm so his timing was incredibly bad as well.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 22:57 Cutter

Choobeastia wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 21:27:
Why would anyone against online harassment be on Twitter in the first place?

That's a very victim blaming sentiment.

No, it's jut common sense. If you walk into a biker bar or enter some ghetto then the odds are pretty good some shit is going to go down and it's no one's fault but your own.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2017, 22:55 Cutter

Why the Christ hasn't their business license been pulled at this point? The government should suspend them from doing anymore business whatsoever until they can verifiably get their shit together or dissolve the corporation entirely. Plenty of companies have this happen to them for a hell of a lot less.

News Comments > Dungeons 3 Breaks Out
1. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 13, 2017, 22:51 Cutter

Breakout, don't stop to ask;
Now you've found a break to make it last.
You've got to find a way,
Say what you want to say; breakout.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2017, 19:28 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 19:02:
My father had a similar decline from his re-occurrence of prostrate cancer which spread to bone cancer. He died while on "home hospice" care and to this day I wonder if at his request my mother might have overdosed him on morphine, which they had as part of the hospice care. I never asked her, and she has since also died. I kind of doubt she did, but even if she did -- I'd have no complaint.

If she did she's a saint. I never have, and never will, understand people who think people should live in agony for as long as possible until they finally succumb. Yet, they wouldn't think twice about putting a pet down in the same kind of pain. And it invariably comes back to religious guilt that's constantly ingrained into us since day one. At least that bullshit is finally starting to die off and can't go away too soon - think about how much that bullshit fucks up every single aspect of life. Whilst my recent health problems aren't terminal...yet, I sure as shit hope if I'm ever wasting away in constant pain that someone would be merciful enough to end it for me. Life at any cost? No thanks. There are plenty worse things than dying.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2017, 17:40 Cutter

Figured I'd buy a lottery ticket today and what was the first number on the ticket - I always just let the machine pick - 13! Lucky 13! So looks like I'll be a multimillionaire tomorrow. Everyone be nice and I'll pay your Steam wishlists this Xmas.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 17:38 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 14:36:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 10:54:
yeah I see your point, but they have a diverse clientele.

a normal black professional would be a wise addition.

Good point. Here's what can happen when you don't have blacks working in leadership at your corporation:

A Dove ad showed a black woman turning herself white. The backlash is growing.

That has nothing to do with the racial or gender makeup of your company and everything to do with just being scummy for a buck. It's Unilever. You know, the same assholes that own the Axe brand whose ads do nothing but show females as stupid sluts. You hire who's best qualified for the job and who your most comfortable with. And most people are only really comfortable with their own kind. The hardcore lefies out there can wail and wring their hands over the unfairness of it all but that's basic human nature in a nutshell. We are tribal by nature. And anything that isn't part of our tribe is a potential threat. That's 2 million years of evolution telling you it doesn't give a shit about these sorts of politics.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 00:32 Cutter

Google: There is no escape! Don't make me destroy you. Target, you do not yet realize your importance. You've only begun to discover your power! Join me, and I will complete your training! With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy.

Target: I'll never join you!

Google: If only you knew the power of the Dark Side! Amazon never told you what happened to your father.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 12, 2017, 16:30 Cutter

I'd have grabbed it at $15. At $30 they can suck 30% of my balls.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 14:23 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 12:15:
Serious question/suggestion.

Why don't we just have a sugar/high fructose corn syrup tax instead? As I was surprised the other day reading the label on milk and seeing sugar in it.

HFCS is on the decline anyway. At least more and more people are getting on board with how bad it is and demanding that process food processors stop using it. I keep seeing more and more processed food with "Now Made With Real Sugar!" on them...as if that were somehow better beyond a fractional improvement. If it's refined sugar or carbs it's poison, plain and simple.

16. removed Oct 11, 2017, 14:20 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 11, 2017, 15:52.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 11:29 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 11:17:
I'm not sure if soda taxes are a good idea or not. It might help discourage people as tobacco taxes did, but on the other hand, I am not convinced it would really make much of a difference. Although, I'd probably be in favor of it if we could guarantee all the money collected on soda takes went to obesity programs or at least health programs.

Listen, you could make non-diet soda illegal tomorrow, remove it from every store, and you know what -- people would still become obese. In the US, unless you pay close attention, there is no way you are going to get a dinner at most restaurants which doesn't have more than your daily recommended amount of calories. And I can tell you from personal experience you can go from a normal weight to obese without drinking a single non-diet soda.

It is a life habit and cultural/societal problem. And it will not be solved by taxing some food products.

Sales Fall Again in Mexico’s Second Year of Taxing Soda

"“Like with tobacco, we’re seeing what we call a real habituation effect,” he said. “Over time people seem to get more weaned away from the sugary beverages, and that increases the impact of the tax.”"

Mexico's soda tax will save 18,900 lives and more than $983 million over 10 years, study says

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 11:24 Cutter

Portion sizes are definitely a factor. Americans consumer the most calories per capita per day - close to 4000 on average. Anyone not from the US who travels there always remarks on food portion sizes. Plus the overwhelming availability of fast food. There's no shortage of it here but comparitively it's a drop in the bucket. We don't even have half the chains you see in the US, nor is it anywhere near as cheap. Whenever I used to travel to the US for work when I was younger I always loved - at the time - that I could go to Sonic or Jack-in-the-Box or all these other places that they don't have here and get a ton of food for half the price I'd pay for it here even with the exchange. And that's the problem. It's way easier and cheaper to eat badly in the US than it is to eat healthy - and we're headed that way ourselves unfortunately.

News Comments > Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier
2. Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 11, 2017, 11:13 Cutter

Seems to me VR needs games more than it needs anymore tech atm.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 10:21 Cutter

Considering the harm pop causes their should be a national tax on it the way Mexico does it. It works. Just like smokers who got outraged when they started taxing the shit out of smokes they'll either get smart and quit or pay the price. No one is saying you can't drink pop, but if you choose to you're just more of a burden on the system and ergo, should pay more tax to support said system.

News Comments > Abandon Ship Exploration Trailer
1. Re: Abandon Ship Exploration Trailer Oct 11, 2017, 10:09 Cutter

I like the general premise but it needs more. Just sailing around getting into the same static style of combat over and over will get old fast. This strikes me more as a tablet type little timewaster of a game you'd play on the subway or something.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 16:55 Cutter

I know JD is kidding. Seriously though, there's no shortage of studies that prove unequivocally that preventative maintenance is always the best and most cost-effective way of managing all aspects related to health. Tax all the bad stuff and use it to subsidize the good stuff and it would all work so much better. But we know that would make sense....

27361 Comments. 1369 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo