Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24340 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2016, 17:29 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 17:18:
Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 12:21:
You know, I really like a lot of how Norway governs. If it wasn't for how far north it is and the - complex - language barrier I'd have really considered moving there long ago.

No thanks. I need my warm winters!

It's all relative. Winters in Norway are balmy compared to Antarctica.

"Hey! Nobody calls Moe St. Cool a phony!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Hard Drive Problems Jun 6, 2016, 17:27 Cutter

Dirty Butler wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 16:13:
My grandfather was on Omaha Beach for D-Day. He wanted to see Saving Private Ryan when it came out and ended up writing Spielberg a letter telling him just how close he came to reenacting the invasion. The only thing he said that was really off was just how loud it was, I can't even imagine. Spielberg actually wrote him back, thanking him, it was very cool.

Chaotic as it was at least people were running and hiding and stuff. Could you imagine being in one of those old timey battles with formations and stuff like the Battle of Waterloo? Just marching straight toward the other side while they're lining up their shots. Why are there no historical accounts of soldiers recording their thoughts about those sorts of battles like' Wtf? Is it just me or is this marching into the enemy as one large target to shoot at completely fucking insane? What are the officers on? Who the hell ever thought this is how a war is supposed to be fought?'

Or pre-gun with swords. Standing in a throng of people just stabbing and slashing at everything. Uh thanks, I'll sit this one out and join in on the next war.

Fuck, war just shows how insane mankind really is.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Announced
3. Re: Agents of Mayhem Announced Jun 6, 2016, 14:37 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 13:13:
Rather have seen a Superhero type game from Volition.

You, me, and everyone else. Why is it so hard to deliver that in this industry?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2016, 12:21 Cutter

You know, I really like a lot of how Norway governs. If it wasn't for how far north it is and the - complex - language barrier I'd have really considered moving there long ago.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 6, 2016, 12:18 Cutter

G+ crushed itself. When they were trying to force integration with all their platforms most everyone just gave them the middle-finger and started alt-accounts.  

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
15. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 12:15 Cutter

Why waste time/money on IP when you can simply do an homage? Sounds more like they want everyone else to pay so they can get their property back - and they already sold it once. Um no.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2016, 14:28 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:12:
DRA - Didn't read article...

But yes they still need weather forecasters. They are a huge source of fear spreading by the news, which is their major function and why I know snicker when the National Anthem ends with "and the home of the brave". Brave? lol This is a nation living in fear by way too many now.

America has always been about institutional paranoia. The US was talking about the "Red Menace" before it was an actual thing. Land of the Free, so long as you conform to those right-wing, christian, republican ideals. God help you if you're a misfit in any way. God help you if question war, the military (industrial complex) or don't support the troops with some goddamned ribbon because all of them are heroes doncha know even the ones who never even came close to seeing combat or a theater of war. Just look at all the open carry nutjobs. Everyone needs to carry around assault rifles because enemies are ev erywhere doncha know?!?!?! Why the hell else would so many Americans think they need to spend more money every year on military, intel, police, and prisons than the rest of the planet combined? Boogeymen are everywhere!!! Everyone is out to get America! Everyone!!!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2016, 12:14 Cutter

Come on, Blue! If you have a fever you know the only prescription is more cowbell!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2016, 11:28 Cutter

Yeah, was always a fan of Ali the boxer. The man? Not so much. He was a hypocrite in a lot of ways. He was never boring however, so you had to give him that.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 4, 2016, 10:48 Cutter

Yeah, sure it is. A) It's not actual AI. B) These guys are just talking about it in terms of they can better datamine people and profit from it. Hardly a good, or even necessary, use of machine learning. C) If man ever creates an actual AI then they can't own it without it being a slave. So is that what they're promoting? Slavery? They'd like the rest of us to be slaves so why not.

And the danger inherent is that machines will do our thinking for us. Even now most people don't question what they see on a screen. What is the AI makes a mistake? People take it as gospel and you can see where everything goes off the rails.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2016, 10:59.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 4, 2016, 00:32 Cutter

Are you fucking kidding me? There is no way in this world or any other does this game have 5 million active subs or even purchases. They're very intentionally vague with that number.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 4, 2016, 00:28 Cutter

If Disney was smart they'd get someone to make a good Mandalorian game or a bounty-hunter with Boba and the gang.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2016, 16:37 Cutter

Man, I love these super productive days. Started work on a new planter bench I'm making. Mowed the lawns, washed the car, and just made a batch of pico de gallo for burritos tonight! Ole! Everyone loves some pico de gallo don't they?

Hardware > Washer/Dryer - hardware right!?
3. No subject Jun 3, 2016, 16:34 Cutter

HE machines rule. They clean way faster and way cheaper than standard machines. I always only use the "quick" cycle which is 30 mins and 1/3 of a cup or less of liquid detergent for a full load. I have the Maytag 4000 series washer and dryer. They're super efficient, super quiet, they automatically do load balancing. They're awesome machines.

I'm not recommending these per se - as I've never owned any other kind of HE machines before - just that HE is the way to go and worth the money. Just do a lot of research on the brand and specific models you're looking at as I have no idea what the hep kids are using for HE machines today.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2016, 12:30 Cutter

Does the rest of the world outside of NA even know what a donut is?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2016, 12:21 Cutter

In a case that has already dragged on since 2011, the jury ruling enforces both the FTC’s Telemarketing Sales Rule and its enormously popular Do Not Call Registry rules. The judge has yet to access civil penalties, but since they can be as high as $16,000 per violation it’s safe to assume the total will fall somewhere south of the $1.9 trillion maximum for just those illegal calls.

What good is that when the guy's assets are either gone or squirreled away somewhere the feds can't get. Prison terms are the only thing that will ever stop white collar crime of this nature.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 23:08 Cutter

Clearly Musk is not the geek he claims to be. He's obviously never seen Star Trek's Spectre of the Gun.

Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. Where the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal. - Spock

News Comments > The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options
2. Re: The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options Jun 2, 2016, 22:14 Cutter

You can't change your chromosomes no matter how much you may want to.

Life of Brian - I want to be a woman

News Comments > 100 Million Minecraft March
1. Re: 100 Million Minecraft March Jun 2, 2016, 22:10 Cutter

I still don't believe this.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 17:22 Cutter

Leper wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 16:29:
That's the problem with VR all talk no substance. Where are all the kickass games that justify the exorbitant price of the hardware - not even including PC upgrades just to get the shit to run well. I hear lots of talk but see no specifics or actual delivery. This is the same shit that always happens. Remember how Intel's MMX was supposed to change gaming? Or how 64 bit gaming took over a decade to finally arrive. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you're an early adopter of VR all you've bought is an overpriced paperweight.

Maybe it's time to give it a rest? You are demanding companies to go all in and develop AAA games from the ground up for VR while at the same time basically saying there's no hope and anyone who has bought into VR is stupid. I think early adopters by and large know what they're getting into - there's some cool experiences available that make it worth the price of admission. Money isn't an object to everyone.

You're right that there needs to be more games and I expect Playstation VR will bring in some more mainstream titles (assuming some get ported over). I don't actually own a device either, but just because we're more cautious doesn't mean that the investment others are making won't lead to a better experience for everyone down the road.

Yes, it is time for you fucking fanboys and your completely nonsensical rationalization to give it a rest. Don't get all pissy because you were sucker enough to buy into it. I suppose you thought 3D was the next big thing too, huh? Lol! Fucking fanboys.

24340 Comments. 1217 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo