Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25816 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 18:45 Cutter

Ok, that was painful to watch, but bound to happen. I may hate the Pats but I don't have any real love or hate for the Steelers or Falcons, but I'll say go Steelers in any case.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 18:44 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:08:
Come on Cutter. Yeah, every politician ever has used vague or misleading language and broken promises. But to regularly say things which are provably false -- immediately -- is unprecedented.

No man, every politician is a populist. You think Clinton wasn't lying out his ass? Who ratified NAFTA? Who gave Chine favored trading status that began their rise and the US' decline? Anyone who thinks Hillary would have been so much better needs to have their head checked. It would have been the same ol' status quo with the decline of the middle-class going on unabated. She would have brought in the TPIP which would have been the death knell of the middle-class.

Trump is actually really opposed to it on the other hand. That's not just talk. He knows where his bread is buttered, he doesn't need to screw over working class America to make money because it's not where he makes his money anyway. Hillary on the other hand as banker's lawyer is firmly in Wall St. pocket. Hillary, who served on the board of Walmart. Hilary who has always been firmly behind the trade deals that screwed American workers. If not for people like Hillary there wouldn't be a fucking Trump to begin with. Those are the people who have created this goddamned mess. For the 1000th time, this wasn't a vote for Trump it was a vote for change away from the same ol' Washington bullshit. And all those idiots who supported Hillary over Bernie need to learn that and fast.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 17:53 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 15:52:
It's nothing new. He said things which were demonstrably lies throughout the campaign. He'd be in an interview, give a five sentence answer with seven lies in it and the interviewer would be so dumbfounded by it they wouldn't know where to start. And even if they question four of the lies, it left three standing -- unquestioned.

This is our new reality. Listening to the POTUS and only knowing if what he is saying is true or false by having knowledge of the subject prior to his answer.

And that's different from any other politician how? I'm absolutely sick at this point of people saying how much better Hillary would have been when it's patently false. She was just another third-way corporate whore. Things would have only continued to get worse under her as well. She is firmly in the pocket of Wall St. At least Trump isn't, and he doesn't like those guys anyway. And she's been overly hawkish for no reason. We would have been way more likely to end up in a war with Russia with her.

Like every other sensible left-centrist I was firmly pulling for Bernie and he would have won. But nooooo, the DNC just knew better. Much like Enron that's the fate that befalls those who think they're the smartest guy in the room. Imagine if it had gone the other way where Trump won the popular vote and she won the the EC, think you'd still hear all that crying from the left? No, they'd be spouting off about what a sensible system it is. Everything to this point has just been sour grapes, plain and simple. The DNC has no one else but themselves to blame. And unless they start really listening to the electorate they're gonna' keep on losing. Trump and Bernie are indicative that people on both sides of the aisle want real change in politics, period.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 17:43 Cutter

Enh,I was going to say I have to revise my prediction because the sick roster for Green Bay is simply too long atm. Was just reading yesterday about how 4 of them including Rodgers has been dealing with the flu. Couple that with all other physical injuries and it's unlikely in the extreme they can pull it out. And now trailing deeply behind at the end of the third they have several more injuries. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Green Bay desperately needs a better conditioning staff because they just take far too many injuries every year.

I can't imagine the Steelers beating the Cheatriots but I sure hope they do.

56. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 23:53 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:30:
So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

Well I guess the National Park Service should have done the headcount in that case. Oh wait! They had to stop doing that in 1995 when the liberals got upset with them for showing the Million Man March was really more like the 100K Man March and they haven't been permitted to do them ever since.

55. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 23:50 Cutter

Nucas wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:19:
man i am LOVING the tweet storms about trump's first executive order increasing the cost on homeowners getting FHA mortgages. especially when they act like they didn't know what they were voting for. it's so good

"he's just kidding around"
"he'll mature as a president" (just like bush)
"at least he's not hillary! EMAILS!"

That's misinformation. The cuts were supposed to go into effect but his administration has ordered a general suspension of all upcoming policy changes - set by Obama - pending review. That is absolutely par for the course for any incoming administration. I'm not defending the guy, but I absolutely hate when I see media spin like that.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 18:43 Cutter

Well of course Trump needs a National Patriotism Day. The GOP loves its platitudes. It reminds me of that scene in Nuremberg between Albert Speer and Captain Gilbert....

Captain Gilbert: Help me understand what I witnessed today…Goering’s ability to dominate and intimidate without possessing a shred of real power…How do you explain it?

Speer: Habit. Instinct. Something in the German character that responds to authority, real or imagined…

Gilbert: That’s all it is? What about the ideas he expressed? The words, the thoughts, they had no impact?

Speer: What ideas? What thoughts? There were only platitudes. Nazi Germany was built on empty platitudes.

Gilbert: A man like you, you were seduced by empty platitudes?

Speer: Of course – because you can hear in them any meaning you want.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 12:05 Cutter

Speaking of coffee, I had my first real cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain today and man was it good! Smoothest coffee I've ever had by a damn sight. I've Kona once before and it was really nice too, but this was even better. I can understand why people pay a premium for this stuff, makes most of the usual coffee you get here taste like ass. Yeah, I think I'll have to be treating myself to this stuff at least once a year from now on.

A) Trump didn't quote Bane. Didn't even paraphrase him. B) That's the sort of stupidity you can expect from a site who can't even spell the headline correctly.

'So, is that a rock in your vagina or are you just glad to see me?'

Free epipen, as it should be. Hell even at cost would be fair.

Better article on the NYT today....

Inaugural Speech Dims G.O.P. Hopes for a More Conservative Trump Agenda

Funny, how I mentioned this last year. This sets Trump up to be the hero in this pantomime while allowing the GOP to run roughshod over America. Whatever they do that's unpopular he gets to claim he fought it as best he could and the sheeple buy into it blaming everyone else - most likely it'll be the "obstructionist" Democrats. The whole thing would make Machiavelli proud.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2017, 23:32 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 20:31:
who gives a fuck about emails? seriously...

get real

want to worry about something? try this:

REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS IN FIVE STATES PROPOSE BILLS TO CRIMINALIZE PEACEFUL PROTEST

They're not criminalizing peaceful protest, they're criminalizing civil disobedience and only in specific circumstances, and rightly so. That's just uber-lefty fearmongering. If people are blocking streets, and more importantly, highways you're goddamned right they should be arrested. Go protest in a park or in front of city hall until the cows come home but you don't have the right to impeded other people and emergency services in particular.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2017, 16:24 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 10:29:
His handlers will let him keep his phone and instead just restrict his twitter account.

We can hope.

In any case, Hillary already showed that you can just do whatever-the-hell you want with regards to digital security and never get more than a stern frown, so eh. Trump could post the nuclear codes on pastebin and the FBI would just go "tut tut."

Well, hey man, the GOP - Colin Powell, et al - were doing it for years before her and no one ever uttered a peep about it then. With them it's always, 'Do as I say and not as I do.'

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans
12. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 16:16 Cutter

Cyanide fucking sucks. Their first Styx game was arguably one of the worst games I ever played. Well not entirely, because after a few hours it was so bad I just uninstalled it never to return. And the rest of their games? Un no. These are definitely not the guys for a first person CRPG. Well so much for that.

49. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 16:09 Cutter

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:20:
As a Canadian,

I love the hate for this presidential election.

I foresee dark times, economically, for us Canadians.

We'll see what happens but I'm predicting a good crash of the loonie to 60 cents on the dollar and our housing market starting to plummet unless foreign investors scoop it up.

Between Trump and Trudeau we just fuckin' boned, man. Maybe I'll finally be able to get into Europe as a refugee in that case.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 16:06 Cutter

Wow, that just had a extremely surreal edge watching that. It was almost like a bad acid flashback. Was talking to a pal of mine who lives in Berzerkly and he says the town is in mourning right now. The morose feeling is palpable he said. Meanwhile in Buttfuck Alabamy I understand they have the corn squeezins and banjos out and are having a hell of a time before the family orgies later on tonight. Jesus, I wish Hunter was still around for this. I'd dearly love to read one of his diatribes about this right now.

And wow, really? Just when you thought Zuckerberg couldn't be anymore of an enormous douchenozzle he outdoes himself.

And how can you not love the leaf on the wind?

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2017, 20:19 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 19:39:
iguel made ROBOCOP a bad motherfucker. RIP.

Yeah, he was great in that. Traffic too. Always liked his work, and that of his dad, Jose - of which I was just watching Cyrano de Bergerac the other day.

Weirdest coincidence ever. One time in a bar downtown they had a chalkboard in the can for people to graffiti on so they wouldn't write on the walls. I quoted Buckaroo Banzai, "No matter where you go, there you are." And as I walked back into the bar Peter Wellar himself is just sitting down at a table. Went over introduced myself and told him what happened. He agreed with was pretty weird but we had a laugh anyway. So while I never met Miguel I did meet Peter Wellar...who met Miguel.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Released
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Released Jan 19, 2017, 20:10 Cutter

Looks kinda coo.

News Comments > Stars in Shadow Released
1. Re: Stars in Shadow Released Jan 19, 2017, 20:09 Cutter

Anyone getting this? Any idea if it's any good? I like the look and feel.

News Comments > Micro Machines World Series Announced
2. Re: Micro Machines World Series Announced Jan 19, 2017, 20:08 Cutter

Good lord, I still remember those Micro Machine commercials from the 80s!

News Comments > Galaxy of Pen & Paper Announced
6. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Jan 19, 2017, 17:10 Cutter

Bitterbug wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 15:39:
What's lame? That you made an assumption?
The Knights of Pen and Paper game have been around for a while.

It's lame. An assumption is always fair. Not knowing that makes you lame.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:46 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:30:
The video is a good example of fake news and all the usual suspects instantly fall for it too (I would laugh, but that is really sad). edited to show a certain spin on a situation, we have no confirmation the audio wasn't added later, while taken as 2 separate events (which seems to be the case) both situations were handled correctly, trainer took the dog out of the water and in 2nd video (which was edited together to make it appear it's the same timeline) the dog went under and movie was cut and trainers rushed to the animal. TL;DR, 2 scenes did not finish recording because animal was having none of that shit.

You can argue the scene isn't dog friendly at all, but this is classic fake news. The scene wasn't shot, it was 2 attempts that were interrupted to safe the dog from (any further) harm.

Media competence is when you can spot such shenanigans.... sad, it is when you can't. Because it makes me wonder how many other videos were cleverly cut together (or apart) in order to misconstrue meaning.

For me personally, I think dogs and animals in general have no place in movies whatsoever. There was never an instance where that ended up being a good thing for the animals. But that isn't what I care about here, what I care about is that someone sent this vid to me and I had to google 50 fucking minutes to find the original unedited source, and there is none

And when the only source for something is a cut video on a click-based ad-revenue pseudo news site then my "fake news" detection gene starts up. If someone has actual sources on this please link. (as in, not self-referencing sources)

Are you fucking high or just stupid? It's not fake news. There's nothing fake about it. Give your head a shake.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:40 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:28:
but people just love to be offended and get ANGRY!! RAWR!! because they usually suppress it too much in "normal" life, and look for any and every "acceptable" outlet possible - so go ahead and just follow the leader, like a good little sheep, thats it.. go with the flow, everything will be ok... get pissed off, feel righteous about it - thats right, you are a moral and ethical superhero!! yay for you, you hero

The fuck is wrong with you? If people shouldn't get pissed off at cruelty - animal or otherwise - poverty, injustice, et al. than what the fuck should they get pissed off. Asshole.

25816 Comments. 1291 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo