Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29040 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 8, 2018, 14:59 Cutter

Charles Bronson Kills Hipsters  

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 8, 2018, 11:38 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 13:06:
At least the article finally mentions ina short per that people who have jobs that are relevant are finding a booming economy, but they immediately turn away from that. Instead they focus on people who very much seem to think someone else needs to take care of them. It isnít someone elseís job to make sure your skills are something thatís still relevant.

Actually it is. A plethora of broke, hungry, angry people are what cause bloody revolutions. There's more than enough to go around and at least keep the masses pacified with an UBI.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday
12. Re: Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday Jul 7, 2018, 19:39 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 17:33:
Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 16:54:
Vast minority? 8 million sales versus 7 billion people on the planet. You need to redo the math.

Math begins with correctly identifying the numbers you're doing the math to. Rolleyes

Ok there are several hundred million gamers on the planet. So that still means the vast majority don't care about it or think it's crap.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2018, 17:10 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 16:16:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 15:05:
Thing is, I didn't even hate Jar Jar. I didn't love him, but I didn't think he ruined the movie.

Jar Jar was just one of the many things wrong, honestly I thought the kid Anakin ruined the movie more. Much as teen and young adult Anakin ruined the other two movies. I don't blame the actors though, they didn't write the terrible script. Not their fault the movie was a combination of Star Wars, a Saturday morning cartoon and C-SPAN.

Now, now, be generous. They both ruined the movie.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 7, 2018, 17:06 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 15:29:
I think months is too optimistic, but within 10 years it's doable. In the shorter term, I see something like long haul trucking switching over to a drone model, where a remote driver gets the truck to the highway, it drives itself for 500 miles, then a remote driver gets it to the final destination.

Better and much cheaper all around to build more rail lines and get those trucks off the road entirely - except for last mile obviously.

Have to agree with dub on his points. Once these things are on the road I foresee a lot of deaths and a huge backlash against auton vehicles. It is just way too soon for them to be on the road in any meaningful way. I doubt the insurance companies are ready for them and without hard laws on the books - of which there are currently none - it's a legal minefield. And even if they are a lot safer in and of themselves we all know it's the human element that's the problem. Every accident - except that Uber one killing the pedestrian - with these so far has been human error from the driver of another car. I sure wouldn't want to be an early adopter for one of these things.

And again, the sensible and cost-effective thing here is more railways and public transit everywhere...but the car companies don't make money on that, do they?

I think too many of these auto execs have been hitting the pipe pretty hard if they believe for a second this will all roll out smoothly into some glorious automated future. And if robots and AI are taking everyones jobs than what do they need a car for to go anywhere?

News Comments > Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday
6. Re: Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday Jul 7, 2018, 16:54 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 16:22:
Different strokes for different folks, of course, but all indications are that the people who think this game sucks are in the vast minority. It's the as yet uncontested biggest release of the year; the average review is 90/100, it became Capcom's best-selling game of all time almost immediately (5m sold at launch, 8m within 3 months), and probably's the biggest multiplatform console-seller since GTA 5.

Vast minority? 8 million sales versus 7 billion people on the planet. You need to redo the math.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
58. removed Jul 6, 2018, 18:11 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 6, 2018, 20:48.

57. removed Jul 6, 2018, 18:08 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 6, 2018, 20:51.

55. removed Jul 6, 2018, 18:04 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 6, 2018, 20:50.

54. removed Jul 6, 2018, 18:02 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 6, 2018, 20:50.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2018, 12:39 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 12:23:
Lions eat 'rhino poachers' on South African game reserve.

That's some serious karma right there, assuming they were actually poachers.

Yeah but...

There has been a rise in poaching in Africa in recent years, to feed growing demand for rhino horn in parts of Asia.

In China, Vietnam and elsewhere, rhino horn is erroneously believed to have medicinal properties, even though it is made from the same material as human fingernails.

More must be done to combat this superstitious stupidity. Animals the world over are endangered because of it.

11. removed Jul 6, 2018, 12:24 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 6, 2018, 16:06.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
29. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 6, 2018, 12:13 Cutter

christheshitter wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 04:51:
I agree with Cutter this looks awfully dull just like a typical shitty third person consolegame does nowadays and has been for the last twenty years only exception is maybe the Zelda games.

Exactly. That's why I call these 'hamster wheel games'. Borderlands, Destiny, et al. it's all just shitty grind for variants of the same weapons. It's all courier and kill X number of rats quests. How the fuck anyone is vacuous enough to actually find that entertaining is beyond me. Jesus, it's fucking painful to watch the idiocracy of the world unfolding before your very eyes.

28. removed Jul 6, 2018, 12:09 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 7, 2018, 12:01.

9. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 12:05 Cutter

The witch hunt is far from over in this, The Age of the Snowflake. When will people learn? There's just no upside to social media when weighed against how fast it can torpedo your career and life. Just say the - apparently - wrong thing once and the snowflakes will be at the castle door with pitchforks and torches in hand screaming "Burn him!".

1. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 5, 2018, 21:20 Cutter

Yawn. That's a solid pass for me. Maybe in a few years when it's 5 bucks and only if I have nothing else to play at the time.

News Comments > Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever
3. Re: Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever Jul 5, 2018, 12:08 Cutter

From my Steam review....

Great game. Runs incredibly well -unlike that fugly pig ARK. The world is amazing. It does have it's limitations however. It's devoid of anything to really do besides build. There are plenty of placeholders for where there should be content - dungeons specifically. The game desperately needs mounts and pets. Having the map teleporter end game - without mounts - is just stupid. It's a vast map and takes a long time to travel it on foot. They need a lot more variation in humanoid NPCs, and a lot more interactivity. Even building could use a lot more items to create. For example in the shelf category that's exactly it, one wooden shelf. That's all these is. So you're pretty limited in the decoration department.

In short it seems they spent most of the time world building and not enough putting items and NPCs and things to do. Or perhaps that was all part of the plan so as to release these other things as paid DLC. I won't mind that if the price is reasonable. The first DLC however is defintely overpriced - it's current $13CDN whereas I woulnt' pay more than $5CDN for it.

In spite of all these shortcomings it's still a fun and interesting game. The world building is really top notch and it's a pleasure to explore. It really feels spot on to the Conan lore. So for the 25'ish bucks it is on sale atm it's worth it if you like survival games. If they can deliver on these things this game will have incredible longevity.

--

Outside of that I've been making a list to post on the Funcom forums of things this game needs and general fixes. Quite enjoying it overall. Certainly got my money's worth so far.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2018, 21:50 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 17:22:
for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

Op Ed from the WaPo.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

All men are created equal, except the merciless Indian Savages. Yeah, I'm thinking our red brothers and sisters have a very different take on who were the merciless savages.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2018, 16:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 15:44:
Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 12:35:
No doubt that cave rescue is dangerous but it seems the alternative of leaving them there for several months is even more so.

They should just have the Enterprise beam them out.

If it was in 'Murica the Teamsters and miners would have already dug them out of there! Then they'd all celebrate with shotguns, big titties, beer and an airshow whilst chanting "USA! USA! USA!" and listening to The Boss' Born in the USA.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2018, 12:35 Cutter

Blue, sometimes you pick the strangest RIPs. Celebrity kids now? I didn't even know Tina Turner had a kid(s), much less care.

Hah! Bear looked like he was really enjoying that soak. That Asian reporter? Wow! Yeah I bet she wasn't hired for her looks. You never hear beautiful women complain when it works in their favor.

I've always waned to do a lap at der Nurburgring in a Porsche. That was interesting to watch as it shows braking and acceleration. Hitting speeds over 340kmh! Holy scheisse!

No doubt that cave rescue is dangerous but it seems the alternative of leaving them there for several months is even more so.

Lol @Savage Chickens!

29040 Comments. 1452 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo