Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24177 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
31. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 23:25 Cutter

Fucking $80? Suck my balls! Can't say I much care for the stylized look either.

"What the hell are we supposed to use, man? Harsh language?" - Frosty
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 11, 2016, 21:09 Cutter

Footage is already gone.

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
10. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 13:32 Cutter

Yeah, I'm not keen on how they gut the games now only to sell DLC. For the first time I'll be waiting for a year or two on this one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 10:41 Cutter

It'd be sweet if there are that many habitable planets out there. It's just too bad we didn't have a way to get to them because I'd sure like off this stinkin' rock.

And that second skin article is fascinating, yet creepy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 11, 2016, 10:22 Cutter

Hahaha! Soon as I read that that scene from Family Guy popped into my head....

Use your fists! No! No! No! Not like that!

News Comments > MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers?
4. Re: MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers? May 11, 2016, 10:07 Cutter

Not at all. Maybe they have plans for the property, maybe not, but they obviously felt it was worth holding on to and no one felt buying Lionhead was worth it without.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer May 10, 2016, 23:36 Cutter

Looks good.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month May 10, 2016, 23:18 Cutter

If you haven't bought Hearts of Stone yet make sure to grab the Expansion Pass instead. It includes both and saves you $5.

I've really had to resist doing another playthrough with HoS waiting for this but I did it. Bought expansion today and will be getting my Geralt on as soon as its ready!

Whilst I'm stoked they're plowing ahead with CP2077 I'm sad they won't be doing anymore with W3.

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
4. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 10, 2016, 23:12 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:22:
Sometimes complaining does work.

MS always seems to be long on talk and short on delivery.

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
8. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 10, 2016, 23:03 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:35:
headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:29:
What?! Disney have just demonstrated that they are idiots. Entertainment software is a huge growth sector. If they think they can't make shit-loads of money with it then they just aren't doing it right - the money is there even if they're blind to it.

Edit: Especially with the franchises that Disney owns that can be made into games.

That's kind of the whole point. They'd rather make the free money licensing than having to actually do work and take risk.

Exactly. Risk a lot and lose a lot, or risk nothing and still make some good bank for doing nothing. They maintain creative control and can focus on core competencies. There's nothing but upside for them doing this.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2016, 17:02 Cutter

Up on GOG!

Pre-order: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine

Pre-order 10% off release May 31st!

Edit: And sold! So effing stoked for this you effing effers! Toff

This comment was edited on May 10, 2016, 17:18.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2016, 12:06 Cutter

Swale plans to launch an IndieGoGo campaign to keep the garden barge project afloat through the summer.

“We want to show that healthy, fresh food can be a free public service,” Swale creator Mary Mattingly told Tech Insider, “not just an expensive commodity, and something that for not much work and effort, a city could supply.”

Clearly she doesn't understand what "free" means. And how is this healthy and green when you have a massive polluting tug towing it around. Or who knows what that barge could be leaching into the soil. Things like this require more than just good intentions.

News Comments > Stellaris Sales Record
10. Re: Stellaris Sales Record May 10, 2016, 12:00 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 10, 2016, 10:25:
Game is great. Sadly there are some professional reviewers with a stick up their ass over it and review bombing it(see IGN's Rowan Kaiser and his immense butthurt over TB) along with the general pro-reviewer butthurt of being replaced by steam reviewers. And then there's the actual reviews from people who play the game and love it.

Yeah, but as I mentioned yesterday, a common complaint even amonst positive reviews seems to be the game stalls mid to late game but this will no doubt be resolved by a combination of mods and dlc over the next few years. Cool to hear, but it also tells me to wait and pick it up in a year or so because it'll likely get shelved until said point anyway. You always have to take these new super positive reviews on Steam with a massive grain of salt.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 9, 2016, 20:54 Cutter

Well said....

So let me get this straight. If black box trading firms want to use data mining to gain a competitive advantage on the stock markets and get rich, no problem. If the government wants to use it for gathering intelligence, that's a big no no?

Tweets are completely public to the world...this isn't like reading emails or other things that have a Right to privacy. I really don't understand the point of blocking government agencies, other than to make a point and try to get that stock price up a bit.

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 20:00 Cutter

BobBob wrote on May 9, 2016, 18:48:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2016, 18:34:
BobBob wrote on May 9, 2016, 17:50:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2016, 16:24:
I actually have a bunch of regular DVDs and Blurays I'm going to try and unload at a garage sale or two this summer but I'd like to rip them and store them on USB. Any suggestions on a good ripping program?

So you're asking advice on Blue's News on how to pirate movies?

How would I be pirating movies I own the discs. I'm legally allowed to make backups of them.

I interpreted that you plan to sell the original / physical copies. That means it would no longer be considered 'backing up'. Did I misunderstand?

Doesn't matter. I'm selling the media, not the movie. I don't own it. Never did. I do own the case and disc however and I have every right to sell it and every right to rip it before I do. It's like when I was younger and I used to have a massive record/tape collection I spent thousands of dollars on. As far as I'm concerned I've already paid for that music, not the medium. The idea that one is supposed to pay over and over again for the same product on a different medium is preposterous.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 18:34 Cutter

BobBob wrote on May 9, 2016, 17:50:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2016, 16:24:
I actually have a bunch of regular DVDs and Blurays I'm going to try and unload at a garage sale or two this summer but I'd like to rip them and store them on USB. Any suggestions on a good ripping program?

So you're asking advice on Blue's News on how to pirate movies?

How would I be pirating movies I own the discs. I'm legally allowed to make backups of them.

News Comments > Stellaris Launches
16. Re: Stellaris Launches May 9, 2016, 17:09 Cutter

Enh, I'm going to wait a bit. Whilst most of the reviews are positive some are not - obviously. My major concern however is that everyone seems to agree it stalls somewhere mid to late game and this will be addressed by comminity mods as well as the usual slew of DLC Paradox likes to release. I'm getting vibes of Civ 5 again where its an "ok" base game but you really needed several years and DLC to make it a really good game. Guess I'll wait for a cheaper key on G2A as there's no way I'm spending $45 if I'm just going to end up parking it for a year or two anyway.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month?
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month? May 9, 2016, 16:27 Cutter

I've been jonsing to start a 2nd playthrough for months now but have been abiding - like the Dude. I'm totes amped for this.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 16:24 Cutter

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2016, 21:40 Cutter

Dagnamit wrote on May 8, 2016, 20:48:
Cutter wrote on May 8, 2016, 19:26:
It's been really hard to not pull the trigger on Stellaris but review embargos always say caution flag to me. Anyway, reviews will be out tomorrow. Please don't suck.

here's an impressions from RPS. a good read.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/06/stellaris-preview-events/

The beans are cool. Cheers! Are you grabbing it or waiting?

24177 Comments. 1209 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo