Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28578 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released
2. Re: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released Apr 16, 2018, 23:21 Cutter

I never bother with games if I can't even understand what the hell the title is supposed to mean. What the fuck does that title mean? Is it even English?  

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching
5. Re: Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching Apr 16, 2018, 23:20 Cutter

Yeah, Cliff, because none of them see the writing on the wall and know when to get out while the getting's good.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 16:29 Cutter

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 16:10:
GOG has their top 150 wishlisted games on sale today..

I think this is the correct link to see all the discounted titles:

https://www.gog.com/games?price=discounted&sort=popularity&page=1

Some real gems in there like Ghost of a Tale, The Witcher series, Everspace, Divinity 1&2, Playdead's INSIDE, Stalker, and Dying Light

Cool beans. I own most of that stuff anyway. Anyone who hasn't bought Ghost of a Tale needs to. Such a wonderful, and refreshingly new, game. I'm heavily into a FO4 replay atm but I think I'm going to do some Dying Light soon. Feel like stomping some zombies. Frostpunk and Battletech are out next week so I'm curious to see if they'll be any good.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 16:25 Cutter

You can't get the money to stop when the recipients of said money are the ones who make the laws. That means electing anything but the Dems/GOP as a majority and getting them to do this. Otherwise it's not only never going to stop it's only going to get worse, as it has been doing. The corps are directly writing legislation now. The dystopia is rapidly on the way. Looks like all the cyberpunk writers were well ahead of the curve.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed?
10. Re: Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed? Apr 16, 2018, 16:15 Cutter

Give just how fucking bad the first game was I have less than zero desire to check out the second one. Ubi is going to need to give it away for free in order to draw my interest.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 13:32 Cutter

In what universe would a singing road ever be a good idea? Your tax dollars hard at work: Rolleyes

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2018, 21:45 Cutter

It's a winter wonderland here too. Went out briefly today and it was a cold mess out there. I'm assuming because all the winter vehicles had been put away as no one expected we'd need them in the middle of fucking April.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 21:43 Cutter

Yeah, as this becomes more and more prevalent with insurance companies denying you insurance because you won't agree to be spied on 24/7 where will all those advocates of the "free market" be? For those of us in our poor ol' socialized democracies we don't have to worry about the bullshit.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 15, 2018, 21:41 Cutter

I'm going to test drive the Hyundai Kona in a week or two. It has a HUD on the windscreen. I'm actually really curious to see how that'll work.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 14, 2018, 23:11 Cutter

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 21:05:
Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 18:20:
There's is so much that go wrong.

You sound like a caveman singing the blues =P

I never said I didn't welcome it or want it. Just that it's really naive to think there won't or can't be massive issues with it. Wait until the first vehicle gets hacked and people get killed. It'll happen. Bank on it. Terrorist attacks. Corporations cutting corners. Malfunctioning hardware and/or software, etc. etc. etc.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2018, 18:30 Cutter

Freakin ice storm raging up here atm. Sigh. Looks like Thorsday may finally see double digits...maybe, if we're lucky. However they expect the last week of April and May onward to be above seasonal norms so if that's true I'll buy that for a dollar!

So long, Milos. Haven't seen Cuckoo's Nest in forever. Need to give that a watch. Same with Amadaeus and Ragtime.

Anyone catch Lost in Space yet? Forgot they released it yesterday.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 14, 2018, 18:20 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 14:47:
Eventually, almost nothing will go wrong. In the short term, we'll probably see some deaths.

Famous last words. There's is so much that go wrong.

Welcome to Itchy & Scratchy Land....

News Comments > A Way Out Sells 1M
8. Re: A Way Out Sells 1M Apr 14, 2018, 18:17 Cutter

Jesus, I hate that expression, throwing shade. Completely asinine expression.

Anything can be art so long as it's intended purpose is political and not commercial. If the intent is to make money, it's decoration, not art.

News Comments > This Is the Police 2 Trailer
8. Re: This Is the Police 2 Trailer Apr 14, 2018, 11:14 Cutter

MT Silver wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 06:03:
Your 'fuck da police' attitude is hilarious. If they announced they were pulling out of your neighborhood you would be shitting your pants and rightly so. These people are all that stands between us and the wolves.

Really? How strange. Plenty of people all over the world live without having police around and they get on just fine. In fact, in most places, police forces are the worst corrupt criminal gangs there are. People are much more afraid of cops than criminals. All cops do is show up after the fact to take notes. The crime clearance rate for cops in NA is less than 30%. That means 8 out of 10 people get away with their crimes. So what the fuck good are they? Give people weapons and the authority to use them and what do you need cops for? And ultimately it says a lot about what a typically paranoid right-wing loon you are if you actually believe for one second that civilization would descend into some lawless dystopia without cops around. You clearly need psychological help more than you need the police.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 13, 2018, 21:15 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 15:49:
Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 11:51:
Clearly they need tougher legislation for phones in cars. Start treating it the same as drunk driving and it'll plummet. Arrest people, impound vehicles, take their licenses away and it'll stop - mostly.

That road design doesn't seem very good to me.

Yeah, because nobody drives drunk anymore.

I said mostly. And yes those laws do make a difference. And lastly people get behind the wheel when their judgement is impaired. That's not the same with phones. Someone half corked isn't going to think they're taking a risk in the same way someone completely sober and conscious is. People are disinclined to do dumb shit when they're not drunk. I'd bet you any amount of money that draconian laws in this regard would curtail the fuck out of distracted driving over night.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 13, 2018, 21:09 Cutter

How about detecting fucking tailgaters which are 95% of all accidents right there? That day cannot come soon enough.

News Comments > This Is the Police 2 Trailer
1. Re: This Is the Police 2 Trailer Apr 13, 2018, 21:08 Cutter

Take up advantageous positions and don't forget: the police are supposed to arrest suspects, not kill them.

Ahh, so this is a fantasy game.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Videos
1. Re: Underworld Ascendant Videos Apr 13, 2018, 21:06 Cutter

I wanna believe but I'm still not sure about this title. Fingers crossed.

News Comments > New BioShock Rumored
2. Re: New BioShock Rumored Apr 13, 2018, 21:04 Cutter

Well they managed to ruin one game that should have been easy. I suppose they can ruin a new Bioshock game just as easily too.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2018, 12:10 Cutter

Does anyone use an Aeropress or do cold-brewed coffee? I was thinking of giving the latter a try. Just let it soak in the french press overnight. My understanding is it's supposed to be hella smoother and less acidic that way.

Anyone mill their own flour either? I've actually been giving some consideration to that. I've always baked regularly and am doing a lot more of it these days so it might be worthwhile. And I recently found out there's a mill very close to where I live so I'll be going out to see them and try some of their flour.

28578 Comments. 1429 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo