Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24578 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2016, 14:18 Cutter

Famiily Guy Florida Song

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming
1. Re: Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming Jul 26, 2016, 21:08 Cutter

Yeah, cue the lawsuits from idiots using this hurting themselves in 3...2...1... Fucking ambulance chasing, slip and fall lawyers are wetting themselves over this.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
111. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 19:15 Cutter

noman wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 18:17:
Sweeney's comments don't make sense at all. He presents a doomsday (ok, epic-day) scenario of Microsoft dropping Win32, but that's quite idiotic. Microsoft will not retire Win32 any time soon. And if they do, then that's the end of Windows as a gaming platform anyway.

Looks like UWP rubs Tim Sweeney the wrong way for some reason, and he has to invent these outlandish scenarios (in a typical forum-post sky is falling style) to make his point.

UWP is an option, just like Steamworks is, and Win32 is not going anywhere. Epic is welcome to release games directly on GoG, DRM free.

It is for now. His contention is a valid one however. They're basically trying to do an end run by inches. Rather than just come out and lay the hammer down they're doing it incrementally. And that's the smart way to do it. Most people never notice when it happens a little bit at a time until it's too late. Ask any woman how 'Come on, baby, just the tip' works out for them.

85. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 16:42 Cutter

Slick, the only upside to a walled garden is if you own that particular garden. The rest is all downside for everyone else.

News Comments > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam
8. Re: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam Jul 26, 2016, 16:38 Cutter

Lol every review for it on Steam is negative so far.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2016, 13:04 Cutter

I'd imagine learning to juggle would be far more useful and fun.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 26, 2016, 13:03 Cutter

It was funny. Some kids were doing an informal survey of adults last night at the rec center. They asked if I played Pokemon Go, to which I replied 'No, but I do play poke your mom, yo.' The kid who asked didn't think it was funny but his pals sure did.

46. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 12:59 Cutter

So why doesn't Timmy use his money and influence and get the DoJ to begin anti-trust proceedings against MS in this regard.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler Trump Rising DLC Tomorrow
2. Re: Supreme Ruler Trump Rising DLC Tomorrow Jul 25, 2016, 21:30 Cutter

Now that the Dems have split over the whole 'Screw Bernie' fiasco - which everyone knew the fix was in from the start - I wouldn't be surprised to see a new democratic party in the vein of the Tea Party for the left. While they obviously won't support Trump it's doubtful they'll be supporting Hillary so that just made this contest a whole lot more interesting. Damn if Trump might actually pull this off yet. I don't know why so many are afraid of it. He's president, not emperor, he'll get nothing done, but it'll be goddamned entertaining. Jesus, I wish Hunter was still alive for this.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 25, 2016, 12:26 Cutter

Remember when Ballmer wanted to buy them for $48 billion back in 2008? Ahahahahaha! Ballmer, Mayer, Nutella, et al. who puts these clowns in charge of companies?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 25, 2016, 12:14 Cutter

Christ in most third world countries you can get unlimited talk and text for less than $10US a month. In the first world it's generally $50 plus.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 25, 2016, 12:10 Cutter

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:29:
No Man's Sky is basically a single player game. Calling it multiplayer is a joke. The only reason for a internet connection is so they can call it multiplayer.

No, it's to track people for metrics. That aside they'll need a license from Genicap first or there won't be a game.

News Comments > 8 Million Heroes & Generals
2. Re: 8 Million Heroes & Generals Jul 25, 2016, 12:08 Cutter

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:28:
Most of those players played for a week or less until they found out how much of a pay-to-win game it is.

I would love to see one of these games without required store purchases to play the game.

How about just the number of active subscribers. Personally I wish Blue wouldn't even post PR fluff like this. By all accounts of how scummy those devs are it's likely utter bullshit anyway.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2016, 10:40 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 09:41:
So Rio is uninhabitable? Hehe ;p Someone tell that to the poor sods living there all the time!

No, but the village where they're staying is. This is just one more reason the Olympics has to end. Besides being a phenomenal waste of money the corruption associated with it is simply mind boggling.

Olympics Cost Overruns

Jesus, look at the '76 Montreal Olympics, 800% over budget! Rio's dropped something like 16 billion so far and they can't even get basic accommodations right? Where is all this money going? And for what so a handful of athletes can get rich and famous? Um no.

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
6. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 10:29 Cutter

There would have been a market for them a decade ago when they came out. Not anymore. They may as well not even bother.

News Comments > Spicy Horse Studios Closing
9. Re: Spicy Horse Studios Closing Jul 24, 2016, 23:47 Cutter

Grokk wrote on Jul 24, 2016, 21:06:
What sort of greedy cunt details how they're going to sail around in a giant fucking yacht, then posts a patreon link for people to pay him to do so.

Yeah, I know right. Hey guys, who wants to sponsor me via patreon while I get in a dogpile with some 10K a night callgirls and blast rails off their asses. Any pledge of $100 and I'll hit it for you one time.

Jesus, just another asshole who was in the right place at the right time proving yet again it's better to be lucky than good.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2016, 11:19 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 23:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 21:04:
Also, slightly less good is the Justice League trailer.
If you pee on Aquaman does he get stronger or just really angry?

Depends on whether he's into golden showers or not.

Bleh, that trailer looked horrible. The WW wasn't bad but I don't like Chris Pine so more bleh.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 23, 2016, 12:03 Cutter

Well they rigged an election for Dubya so why not the Don?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2016, 12:20 Cutter

Holy scheisse it's going to be a scorcher today! 40C with the humidex. Looks like it's going to be 30+ all next week too. Love. It.
Devil

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 10:29 Cutter

First off, Genicap isn't a patent troll, they're an actual company.

Second the guy from Hello stole someone's work by his own admission. Period.

Third Genicap tried to reach out to them. And in the face of things they actually sound genial and reasonable. Imagine if someone stole your work and then you attempted to contact them and set things right only to have them purposely ignore you. Yeah, I'd be talking lawsuit at that point as well. I, and many other people, have sued other people for literally a whole lot less.

Fourth, Genicap has a patent for this process. Hello admitted to stealing it. Ergo they are fucked if they go to court because Genicap will get an injunction against the game preventing it from being released until the legal matters are settled which could take years. So Sony is now forced to negotiate from a weak position or cut Hello loose in which case that's likely it for NMS.

Obviously Sony will want to negotiate but I don't know if that's even feasible seeing as there really isn't a game at all with out their process. It would have to be substantial percentage. Guess we'll find out in short order.

24578 Comments. 1229 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo