Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26281 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2017, 11:25 Cutter

Conversely, a life without french fries is a life not worth living. If American's are confused as to what they are, you call them Freedom Fries, which you purchase with your currency, Freedom Dollars.

Toff

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 6
1. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 6 Jun 15, 2017, 11:02 Cutter

I wouldn't stand in line for 10 minutes for a 10 minute demo.

News Comments > Call Of Cthulhu Trailer
1. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 10:59 Cutter

Yeah, I dunno. Have to wait for the reviews on this one. Looks like it's just a jump scare game and I was hoping for so much more.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 15, 2017, 00:47 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 22:34:
Hard to believe that we used to have an economy which would sustain such labor...

Yeah, I suppose those sorts of jobs were ok for people of chimp level intelligence aka Trump supporters but for anyone else it's like serving a sentence. It's probably for the best they're gone.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 15, 2017, 00:31 Cutter

And that's why cash will always be king. I don't use debit at all and am always careful with the CC too. Never had a problem, yet I know loads of people who keep getting their identity/debit/CC/etc stolen, hacked etc. And they just never learn.

News Comments > Archangel Video
1. Re: Archangel Video Jun 15, 2017, 00:18 Cutter

Why not make a game about an Archangel where you can fly around and lay waste n' stuff in Gawd's name?

Gun Salesman: We call this piece the Fecalator. One look at it and the target shits him or herself. Try it on.

Loki: Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing? Look at this...

Bartleby: Well, then, you know, don't use a gun. Just lay the place to waste, like.

Loki: Easy for you to say. You get off light in razing. You got to stand there and read at Sodom and Gomorrah, I had to do all the work.

Bartleby: What work did you do? You lit a few fires.

Loki: I rained down sulphur, man, there's a subtle difference.

Bartleby: Oh, yeah, I'm sure.

Loki: Hey, you know, fuck you, man. Any moron with a pack of matches can set a fire. Raining down sulphur is like an endurance trial man. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.

News Comments > No PC Just Dance 2018
4. Re: No PC Just Dance 2018 Jun 15, 2017, 00:13 Cutter

Can't wait for the VR version, 'Let's Bang!'

News Comments > Railway Empire Trailer
3. Re: Railway Empire Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 20:35 Cutter

I concur. Ima take a wait and see approach but I'm interested at least.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2017, 16:37 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 15:32:
Icewind wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 12:12:
Well of course we could've had cellphones earlier. Like most technology, Japan had it 15-20 years before we did. They had "smartphones" before Jobs even "invented" the iPhone, it's where he got the idea from.

Same with HDTV, progressive scan TV, and 1080p. I remember seeing a 20/20 report back in the late 80s talking about HDtv in Japan and I wondered if we'd ever get it.

I lived in Japan in the 90s. What gave them the ability to have ubiquitous cell phone tech earlier than the USA was their incredible urban density. Their cellphone tech was incredibly short range, which made it cheaper. The short range didn't matter due to the packed way in which everyone lives there, making it cost-effective and quick to build critical profitable mass.

Also, I remember being in the electronics stores in '97 and seeing crystal clear HD TVs for sale. Sure, they were $10K and there was no content for them, but they were there.

So is it true that life could be cruel, life in Tokyo?

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
13. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 14, 2017, 16:36 Cutter

ShakaUVM wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 14:35:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 09:50:
Anyone tried Tyranny? I must not have even noticed it when it was released. Looks kinda interesting.

Ignore the haters, it's actually really good if you like Baldur's Gate style games. (If you don't like reading walls of text and agonizing over what your character will say, then you probably won't like it.)

No, don't ignore the haters unless you're some dull witted clod who's easily entertained by bad writing and game design. If you are, knock yourself out. Haters hate for valid reasons. Particularly in the context of criticism of arts and entertainment. We demand better for our hard earned dollars. It's not hate for hate sake, it's well deserved contempt.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
7. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 14:01 Cutter

He cares because the game was supposed to be offline with an online component. And those "cosmetic" items are things people in the community should be able to create and distribute for free. You guys are probably too young to realize that used to be a common in thing in games. No one has a problem with them trying to make money selling proper DLC or expansions, but the nickel and diming really gets on a lot of peoples tits.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2017, 13:57 Cutter

Why not just have drones large enough to medevac the doctors in or patients out entirely. It's would be way more efficient and a hell of a lot cheaper than a medevac chopper.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August
5. Re: Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August Jun 14, 2017, 13:55 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 12:08:
as I would like it to be more than a dick growth simulator.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Biker

And yeah, I'll believe ARK is out of EA when I see it. I think it's beyond the point of being able to make it run decently at this point and they'll just abandon it and move on to something else. The sort of game that will run well with new hardware 5 years from now.

9. Re: Evil, not too short... Jun 14, 2017, 13:51 Cutter

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 12:41:
Can you actually be "evil" in this game? Or is it just a marketing gimmick?

I remember playing a game a couple years ago, advertised as "being able to play the bad guy", but it was full of cop-outs. (For example: Try to attack civilian, character says "You could kill him...but you might need their help later.)

In Ultima games you can do evil things, like steal/kill people, but you are ultimately a hero.

Ironically the only game I've played where you actually feel "evil" is playing a Sith in the Star Wars: The Old Republic.

P.S. The average playtime is 30 hours, that doesn't feel "too short" to me. Mass Effect was 29, Fallout was 23, etc. I end up not finishing games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, because I get burned out long before that point. To me, "too short" would be 4-10 hours, which happens a lot nowadays.

Yeah, but like the vast majority of ALL fiction/games most writers and designers do piss poor at representing evil, it's the same here. Your "choices" really just boil down to being some psycho chaotic evil ashhole, lawful evil oppressor, or selfish prick straddling the fence of evil. It's all tightly scripted so no, it's not like you can walk in and destroy some village for a laugh and then everyone everywhere you go mutters under their breath about what a right evil bastard you are. It was a really bad premise to go with. It would have been much better to just let you start out as a cog in a grand evil machine and let you determine how you work your way to the top.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August
1. Re: Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August Jun 14, 2017, 11:02 Cutter

How is this coming along? I still see a lot of recent mixed reviews.

2. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 14, 2017, 11:01 Cutter

It's not good. The "freedom" of you choices for being the bad guy amount to either representing one side of the other or your self - CE/NE/LE. The writing quality falls into hackneyed fanfic IMO. It wasn't terrible, but very definitely meh bordering on bad.

7. removed Jun 13, 2017, 20:36 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 14, 2017, 00:13.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Trailer
11. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 16:45 Cutter

Won't even spring for John Lee Hooker's Boom Boom? That does not bode well.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 13, 2017, 16:32 Cutter

Yeah, just want consumers want to buy cars that are needlessly overpriced because it has an Apple logo on it. They'll be the same as every other car just cost $10-$20k more for no reason.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer
1. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 01:40 Cutter

Hahaha!

26281 Comments. 1315 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo