Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25625 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 20, 2017, 17:00 Cutter

There is almost zero reason for exclusives. Likely only .01% of all games ever made for a particular console would actually make someone even consider buying that console. For me it was RDR. That's the only reason I bought an Xbox. Much as want RDR2 no way I'm buying a console again for one game. Limiting sales - when you can be selling vastly more is just stupid.

Reminds me of a bakery where I once lived. They made the most kickass apple-cinnamon muffins. Problem was they always sold out early and I worked afternoons/evenings. So one day I asked the owner why she just didn't make more to which she replied, 'You just need to get here earlier.' Meanwhile she's got a half a dozen other kinds of muffins which barely sell. I explain this to her, how it would be to her benefit to make more apple muffins and less of the others and she gives me a look like I'm from Mars and speaking Martian. She just couldn't wrap her head around this seemingly simply concept.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 16:54 Cutter

It puts an interesting spin on just how effective coaching is. If a million armchair quarterbacks can make a team win, why pay a coach millions?

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

News Comments > Hearts of Iron IV Sells 500K Copies
2. Re: Hearts of Iron IV Sells 500K Copies Feb 20, 2017, 12:26 Cutter

Pfft, Blondie's Heart of Glass sold buckets more than that!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2017, 12:25 Cutter

Well it's "Family Day" in Canada. How arbitrary is that? Whatever works. Everyone just wants a day off in Feb.

2. Re: Los Angeles, Moscow, and New York Have the Worst Traffic in the World. Feb 20, 2017, 12:24 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 11:24:
If I have to drive my car, normally I take the scenic / beach routes, but if I have get somewhere fast, or drive up and down California, I try to stay on PCH. I hate the freeways with a passion.

Aww Bob, I am disappoint. If you live in California you should always be driving the Ventura Highway.

I always take the scenic route whenever possible too. I find it mostly gets me to my destination not much longer than it takes the regular way and without the stress of the traffic, gridlock, etc.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 20, 2017, 12:19 Cutter

Guess Sony doesn't like making money. Yet another console exclusive that could have sold 10X as much by releasing on all platforms.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 12:09 Cutter

Hah, that's kinda coo.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2017, 14:09 Cutter

Ugh, just got back from the Doc as I now have a wicked infection so I'm on antibiotics. Super. This surgery has been the hugest pain in the ass. It better fucking well be worth it in the long run.

And RIP Clyde, the man was amazing.

So NASA found something deep inside Uranus? Biker

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 19, 2017, 14:08 Cutter

Interesting article until you get to....

But Shyla believes her therapistís worry is misplaced&#8202;ó&#8202;that she has confused Second Life with gaming, which is less purposeful.

Wow, do they ever have the completely bass ackwards.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2017, 17:27 Cutter

Unless there are dinosaurs and ancient ruins like Atlantis 'n' stuff - like in movie like The Land That Time Forgot than it's not a real 'lost' continent.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
2. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 15:48 Cutter

Oh just stop already.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 12:00 Cutter

Enh, it was the console game I was expecting and not the Witcher 3 style game I was hoping for.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 11:58 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 11:37:
Did they have to use a fucking Canadian voice over guy though? That accent fucking irritates me so much for some reason.

He's not Canadian. I'm Canadian and sound nothing like that. I'm surrounded by other Canadians and none of them sound like that. This is how we sound, buddy.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2017, 11:46 Cutter

Ahh I miss those ol' days of 'wrastlin'.

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
22. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 11:39 Cutter

ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 03:07:
I'm saying make sure your best talent has a good reason to stay.

Yeah, it's called profit sharing. They obviously didn't want to be there to begin with. So they made enough to get out and do what they really want instead and what's wrong with that? Why should they have any loyalty to a corporate master who'd drop them like a hot potato the moment the stock takes a bit of a dip? They owe their employer nothing. Giving people a reason to stay is called ownership. Just look at employee owned companies like Winco. Turnover isn't a problem. You have a real slave mentality, you know that.

News Comments > World of Darkness Interactive Fiction
1. Re: World of Darkness Interactive Fiction Feb 16, 2017, 21:38 Cutter

That looks like shit. If you want choose your own adventure done right check Steve Jackson games like Sorcery and Warlock of Firetop Mountain.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 18:23 Cutter

Worst pain I've had is an ulcer. That was unreal. Felt like someone stuck a jagged glass shard covered in sulfuric acid into my gut and kept twisting it around. On the 1-10 scale of pain it was 12. And I've had broken bones, and all kinds of other pains. This just hurts - everywhere. It's more dull and generalized but whenever I move I get sharp twinges. It's really like I took a shitkicking from a biker gang or something. I have pain in areas I didn't know I had sorta thing. Just sitting down on the couch is a major effort and hurts a lot. I can't even put my feet up on the coffee table without physically lifting my legs up with my arms - and yeah, it hurts like a sonofabitch when I do that too. Well I just dropped my first tab of morphia - 5mg - so we'll see what's what in short order.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 16:48 Cutter

sauron wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 15:35:
Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 14:27:
Ok, seriously though, has anyone here ever had "postoperative myalgia"? Jesus Christ, I feel like I've been run over by a truck several times. I literally hurt head to toe, even in places I didn't know I can hurt. My understanding is the comes from the drug "scoline" they use under general anesthesia - apparently it causes all your muscles to continually contract and relax in order to help move blood and oxygen while you're under. They say it can last 2-3 days but I don't see much on treatment for it...

It's succinylcholine, a depolarizing muscle relaxant:

Succinylcholine

Sorry it's hurting, man. Feel better soon.

Yeah, I kinda figured you'd know. Anything to do for it besides ride it out? Google is surprisingly short on how to treat it considering it's supposed to be pretty common. I'm getting my morphine prescription - as I don't do well with codeine - so I'm hoping that helps. Thanks.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 14:30 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 13:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 12:53:

*turns ruler around for Cutter*
You're suppose to start at the 1 inch side sir.

LOL, Cutter's going to need a whole vat of aloe after that burn.

JD I will happily accept a 55 gallon drum of lube if you're buying. Biker

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 14:27 Cutter

Ok, seriously though, has anyone here ever had "postoperative myalgia"? Jesus Christ, I feel like I've been run over by a truck several times. I literally hurt head to toe, even in places I didn't know I can hurt. My understanding is the comes from the drug "scoline" they use under general anesthesia - apparently it causes all your muscles to continually contract and relax in order to help move blood and oxygen while you're under. They say it can last 2-3 days but I don't see much on treatment for it. My doctor gave me a pre for morphine so I think I'll do that as I can't do nsaid and ibuprofen or anything that's a blood thinner atm. So anyone ever deal with this? How? Hot baths help? I have to sit on the couch because it's almost impossible to get up out of bed when I lay down everything hurts so much. This is nuckin' futs. Maybe I should just cowboy it up and pound a bottle of whiskey.

25625 Comments. 1282 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo