Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25977 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 21, 2017, 22:59 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 21:17:
wonder how many people/cars/objects are gonna get hit by falling boxes and shit

Well I guess that's the real question isn't it? How much will they save not having to pay drivers, buy vehicles, maintain and repair, them etc. vs. what will lawsuits cost them from drone related accidents? They'll probably still come out ahead. The future's so bright you gotta wear a hard hat.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 20:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 18:41:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 16:14:
BobBob wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 16:10:

All day long

Seriously, though, I hate politics with a passion, but I like Google News. Every day I'd see Trump this, Clinton that, ISIS blew up this and that. Sick of it! It's like a plate of juicy steak mixed with brussels sprouts. I just want the steak, but I have to weed out all the disgusting brussels.
Brussel sprouts may taste like crap but they're good for you. Just like being aware of what's happening in the world.

Seriously with all of those things blocked your feed must only have stories about rainbows and puppies.

Brussel sprouts taste awesome! Don't tell me you're one of those weird people who has their brassica genetic marker turned off. I love my brassicas. Even as a kid my folks never had to force me to eat my veg.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 21, 2017, 20:47 Cutter

Poor bastard. No good deed goes unpunished, eh.

News Comments > Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches
1. Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 21, 2017, 20:44 Cutter

Fuck I hate seeing these goddamned announcements for this shitty F2P game. I get mahogany thinking 'Holy Christ! New NWNW on the way!!!'
Motherfuckers!

Furious2

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 17:22 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 15:44:
Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 15:38:
Ahhh finally got my nose stents out today!

What kind of surgery did you have?

Septoplasty/Inferior Turbinate Reduction for a deviated nasal septum. They're actually really common in people, just to varying degrees. Mine was bad enough that I was generally always congested - chronic sinusitis - on one side or the other on a regular basis. It wasn't crippling or dangerous but it was irritating. It deffo interferes with your sleep causing snoring and mild sleep apnea because you're mouth breathing with it. Plus you're dehydrating so you're constantly waking up and drinking water, than waking up to piss out that water. Not really a problem as a young man but post 45 it starts to take its toll. Still surgery is always better when done young, I really should have done this 20 or 30 years ago. I just hope it was worth it.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 15:38 Cutter

Ahhh finally got my nose stents out today! What a goddamned hellish time the last week has been. If I didn't get those things out today I would have lost my shit. An entire week of solid mouth-breathing whilst battling postoperative myalgia and a bacterial infection from the surgery, all with a swollen tongue and throat because of the problematic inturbation was not something I'd wish on anyone. Barely got any sleep. Barely ate but on the upside I must have dropped 5 pounds.

Man, soon as he took the stitches and stents out it was like mana from heaven. All the goo literally popped and flowed out and in an instant I could breathe and smell things again - yeah, no smelling or tasting anything for a full week too was also weak sauce. Plus there was a lot of sinus pressure from it so this was like popping open a bottle of champagne. So right now I'm half stuffed up and using a saline rinse but it's better by miles and I'll do decongestant later on. I sure as shit hope this will all be worth it in the long run. Doc said I probably won't notice a big difference for at least another 3 or 4 weeks as the healing contines and really takes 2-3 months on average for it to fully heal. So I guess she'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes. Still I feel miles better. To celebrate I even went out on bought me some new-age organic hippy pillows man. This really is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, isn't it? Hippy

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2017, 13:59 Cutter

If Verno was in Public Enemy it would have been 'Don't fight the power! Just give up your rights! Don't fight the powers that be!'

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 21, 2017, 10:14 Cutter

Ahh low-grade havoc, my personal favorite. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2017, 23:31 Cutter

Both incredible films. The latter being more relevant than ever.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 23:26 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 22:53:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 21:11:
it used to be $25 in Canada but now they raised it here to $35

Yeah, but that's only like $10 in Freedom Dollars.

You'll love this. It's a scene from Canadian Bacon. Really funny movie! A must watch for all Canucks and Yanks. Just to set it up, the PUSA is trying a Wag the Dog plot by starting a cold war with Canada and John Candy is a US sheriff who decides to invade. This is what happens when you get pulled over in Canada and shows how far freedom dollars go.

Follow the rules....

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 20, 2017, 23:19 Cutter

On the Humble Store, Ember is a decent little CRPG-lite and easily worth the $4US for it.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2017, 17:06 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 14:17:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 13:47:
Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 12:25:
Well it's "Family Day" in Canada. How arbitrary is that? Whatever works. Everyone just wants a day off in Feb.

Election day in the USA needs to be a holiday.

That would be helpful to blue collar workers who can't just take an extra long lunch and/or may need to use public transportation to get around... so you can bet it will never happen.

Really? Weird. Elections for us aren't a holiday per se but employers are required by law to provide time off to employees so they can vote. We also don't have anywhere near the problems you guys have with lineups and stuff - I've never had to wait more than maybe 2 or 3 people ahead of me, whole thing usually takes less than 5 mins - so while you can milk an hour or two out of it it's not like you can claim you were standing in line all day.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 20, 2017, 17:00 Cutter

There is almost zero reason for exclusives. Likely only .01% of all games ever made for a particular console would actually make someone even consider buying that console. For me it was RDR. That's the only reason I bought an Xbox. Much as want RDR2 no way I'm buying a console again for one game. Limiting sales - when you can be selling vastly more is just stupid.

Reminds me of a bakery where I once lived. They made the most kickass apple-cinnamon muffins. Problem was they always sold out early and I worked afternoons/evenings. So one day I asked the owner why she just didn't make more to which she replied, 'You just need to get here earlier.' Meanwhile she's got a half a dozen other kinds of muffins which barely sell. I explain this to her, how it would be to her benefit to make more apple muffins and less of the others and she gives me a look like I'm from Mars and speaking Martian. She just couldn't wrap her head around this seemingly simply concept.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 16:54 Cutter

It puts an interesting spin on just how effective coaching is. If a million armchair quarterbacks can make a team win, why pay a coach millions?

News Comments > Hearts of Iron IV Sells 500K Copies
2. Re: Hearts of Iron IV Sells 500K Copies Feb 20, 2017, 12:26 Cutter

Pfft, Blondie's Heart of Glass sold buckets more than that!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2017, 12:25 Cutter

Well it's "Family Day" in Canada. How arbitrary is that? Whatever works. Everyone just wants a day off in Feb.

2. Re: Los Angeles, Moscow, and New York Have the Worst Traffic in the World. Feb 20, 2017, 12:24 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 11:24:
If I have to drive my car, normally I take the scenic / beach routes, but if I have get somewhere fast, or drive up and down California, I try to stay on PCH. I hate the freeways with a passion.

Aww Bob, I am disappoint. If you live in California you should always be driving the Ventura Highway.

I always take the scenic route whenever possible too. I find it mostly gets me to my destination not much longer than it takes the regular way and without the stress of the traffic, gridlock, etc.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 20, 2017, 12:19 Cutter

Guess Sony doesn't like making money. Yet another console exclusive that could have sold 10X as much by releasing on all platforms.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 12:09 Cutter

Hah, that's kinda coo.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2017, 14:09 Cutter

Ugh, just got back from the Doc as I now have a wicked infection so I'm on antibiotics. Super. This surgery has been the hugest pain in the ass. It better fucking well be worth it in the long run.

And RIP Clyde, the man was amazing.

So NASA found something deep inside Uranus? Biker

25977 Comments. 1299 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo