Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28403 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
13. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 21:59 Cutter

Steve McQueen's Le Mans is a great racing flick.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
8. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 20:12 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 19:29:
theglaze wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 19:25:
10pm PDT on Saturday night is the first Grand Prix of the year, live from Australia, for those curious to see the DOPE 2018 cars in action!

8AM GMT

I am ready

No sleeping in this weekend Btw, Saturday 8am GMT qualifying, Sunday 8am GMT Race. Qualifying is imo just as much a must watch.

Do you mean the actual car racing? Never understood the appeal but one of my brothers is a big race car nut and watches Formula 1 religiously.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 13:27 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 12:16:
Rilcon wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 11:05:
This really isn't a republicans-only thing, even if their motivation in this instance may be; HRC was (and I guess still is) fairly anti-games herself.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of "both sides do it," since most of the time it's a false dichotomy. However in this case, gaming is used as a whipping boy by both sides.

Yes, but for different reasons entirely. Defending the gun/military lobby no matter what falls squarely into the laps of the GOP 99.9% of the time.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. removed Mar 22, 2018, 13:23 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 22, 2018, 13:33.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2018, 13:22 Cutter

What have the Romans ever done for us?!

The aqueduct?

News Comments > 2018 GDC and IGF Awards
1. Re: 2018 GDC and IGF Awards Mar 22, 2018, 13:18 Cutter

They clearly mean the Console Games Awards.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 22, 2018, 10:53 Cutter

Instances of computers hijacked to mine cryptocurrency, a practice known as cryptojacking, rose 8500 percent in the final quarter of 2017

Yeah, sure it'll be the only currency in 10 years. Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 10:51 Cutter

Even if you were driving you probably would have hit her. Walking across a road, on an angle no less, in the dark area between the lights dressed in black, yeah that was smart. The only thing that seems really weird in that video is that the headlights looked like they were angled too low. Huh, it'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 10:45 Cutter

Yeah, because they're all well paid by the gun and military lobbies so it's their job to deflect criticism wherever and however they can.

News Comments > Unreal Engine Ray Tracing
1. Re: Unreal Engine Ray Tracing Mar 22, 2018, 10:43 Cutter

The SW stuff is impressive but the Siren thing remarkably less so - except for the hair. The rest of her is just creepy though.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2018, 10:27 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 08:17:
Perfect! Six and half minutes which confirmed I made the correct choice in never seeing any of those films. Definitely makes my top 25 list of useful things I've watched on YouTube.

That's like saying because Van Gogh or any other artist works in the same style you may as well not bother to look at any of their paintings. They're still damn good regardless of their similarity in style and they're all different. I love his films, and you need to at least watch them once.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2018, 22:20 Cutter

Heh, that was well done.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 21, 2018, 22:15 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 18:54:
I was just thinking how awesome it would be to have all my money replaced with a currency that can gain or lose half it's value in less than a month's time.

Don't forget the insane transaction fees.

Jesus, it really shows what little reality distortion fields some of these tech clowns live in. I'll go the other way and say cryptocurrency will be all but dead inside of 10 years. The only people interested in using it are criminals. And they still prefer cash.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 21, 2018, 22:11 Cutter

Jagacademy wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 21:03:
Brendan Greene is an idiot. Yes he had a good idea for a game (albiet, ripped off from other media) and made a lot of money, but everything I have ever heard him say has been asinine.

They literally throw you in prison for years if you even offer VPN in China. Region Blocking would lock out 99% of cheaters, the fact 1% would still exist is just a convenient excuse, not a logical explanation for not doing it.

The truth is that they have ulterior motives. 3+ million of their sales have been banned cheaters rebuying the game. Why would they ever voluntarily give that racket up?

No, he's just stupid. They'd still be selling the same amount of copies to banned cheaters in China. It simply means people playing in Europe or NA don't have to put up with that stupidity any longer. If anything this is the sort of shit that drives people from a game and kills it's longevity so by not doing it he's even more stupid. Player run mod'd servers make all the difference in the world. Just look at how long CS has been around.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2018, 14:53 Cutter

KS wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 13:01:
Much of this business didn't even exist 20 years ago. It isn't replacing anything. It is new products and new wealth and new jobs generated from it.

"Pay their fair share" should be illegal from the lips of politicians, who should stand up and forthrightly say, "Thank you for advancing society and creating jobs by taking advantage of freedom. Now pay me a big chunk of it so I can go buy more votes handing it out."

It's not nearly that simple. And fairness does factor into it because a most of these companies get huge tax abatements that don't apply to other industries. They use just as much, if not more infrastructure, and don't pay for it. So that leaves the rest of us to do that when we already do that. So you're just paying more to let the multi-millionaires and billionaires have yet more free money. Freedom comes with responsibility attached. Like paying for governments and services to help ensure that freedom.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2018, 12:15 Cutter

Wow, is that footage of NYC ever fascinating! 99.9% of everyone are wearing hats. And almost all the men are wearing suits, and even the working men are wearing shirts and ties. Reminds me of Monty Python...
People are not wearing enough hats.

Bee therapy? Way to go Gwyneth, that's another person your stupidity has killed.
Wall

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2018, 12:03 Cutter

You don't need to create a new tax just eliminate the loopholes.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2018, 17:24 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 16:25:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 14:00:
And where is it that bad management isn't a problem exactly? Fuck, that sort of shit nothing compared to the nightmare that's the hospitality industry.

You work 20 hour days and 100 hour weeks in the hospitality industry for months on end? As a normal course of work? Because that game development at Telltale.

As someone who's worked in both I can tell you that working in restos is hands down way tougher. And not you work those kinds of hours for months on end. Crunch is a week or two at most. And that sort of insanity is only the final few days before it going gold. Usually 2 or 3, tops. And even that is pretty much over in the industry these days.
It's a fucking cakewalk compared to working in hospitality.

News Comments > New Assassin's Creed Rumor
12. Re: New Assassin's Creed Rumor Mar 20, 2018, 17:16 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 15:14:
But, it doesn't flow with the narration established in Origins. The story can either move forward or back in time. In either case, Egypt remains the epicenter. Suddenly dropping players in China would be an abrupt change.

Sure it does. Just look at the AC Timeline. Asia's in there. And seeing as ACO takes place in 49BC that leaves a metric shit ton of history to go lateral, forward, or backward with. There's zero reason not to do it and a ton of reasons to do it. And at the end of the day it'd just be cool as hell getting to play something akin to James Clavell's Shogun. There's just a whole lot more interesting history to play out than ancient Greece. Greece most definitely is not the word.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2018, 14:04 Cutter

I have to go to that Botanical garden. That stained glass is mind blowing!

That story on eyesight is awesome news too.

28403 Comments. 1421 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo