Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26876 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details
11. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 19:20 Cutter

Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 18:18:
Same shit we see in every other survival game.

No, games like Subnautica are doing it right.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2017, 19:17 Cutter

Blue wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 15:41:
Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 14:54:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 12:55:
Cutter, I'm assuming he was a counselor at that camp, not an attendee.

Actually I always assumed it was both as one would have to have spent a significant amount of time there in order to want to return for reunions. Do kids in NY state attend summer camps more than kids most other places I wonder? Seems that way to me for no particular reason I can put my finger on.

I was a camper for about seven years, and on staff for a few more. I don't know if NY State is more camp-centric than other areas, but it makes sense for it to be more of a thing for NYC kids.

And yes, it was a very formative experience. I went there as someone who knew nothing but the city and unable to swim, and left as a lifeguard/swimming instructor who was quite comfortable with outdoorsmanship. So it had a pretty significant impact on the trajectory of my life.

Cool, thanks for sharing that, Blue. That's what I had more or less pictured to be the case. It's no wonder you love Meatballs so much.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2017, 14:54 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 12:55:
Cutter, I'm assuming he was a counselor at that camp, not an attendee.

Actually I always assumed it was both as one would have to have spent a significant amount of time there in order to want to return for reunions. Do kids in NY state attend summer camps more than kids most other places I wonder? Seems that way to me for no particular reason I can put my finger on.

6. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 14:52 Cutter

No one is complaining about free content, they're complaining about unoptimized games with tons of bugs. All you do is compound problems with the ARK model of development. You should always be fixing first and adding content second, mot the other way around. That way any new issues that crop up after new content is added you know is related to that new content and it's much easier to chase down and fix.

News Comments > Take-Two Interactive Results
4. Re: Take-Two Interactive Results Aug 3, 2017, 14:47 Cutter

They realized too late how much money they left on the table by not porting RDR the first time around.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2017, 12:36 Cutter

How many years did you attend this camp, Blue? Were you ever a counselor there or something? I admit I find the concept of a summer camp reunion fairly bizarre. Must have been a good camp.

There's a fox around where I live and he's seen from time to time carrying around prey like rabbits and such. Foxes are great!

That Russian radio story was pretty fascinating.

Yay football is back!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 3, 2017, 11:41 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 10:56:
Ok... that AI Malware article is scary.

Yeah, except it's not AI as they had to train it to do this. A real AI would have just up and done it on its own.

The system basically learns how to tweak malicious binaries so that they can slip past antivirus tools and continue to work once unpacked and executed.

So again, the problem is still a PEBCAK error.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 3, 2017, 11:37 Cutter

How about fighting all the shite and vile crap that polutes 99% of your site instead?

3. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 11:28 Cutter

Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 10:36:
WTF, they haven't even finished the regular game and they are working on an expansion? No wonder the games in a shit state.

Its great that this is a free update. but they really need to get the core game fixed.

Yeah you can thanks the assholes from ARK for that new model of development. Hey why do the hard work of optimizing and fixing stuff when you can just add content instead to make it look seem the game is moving forward. I'll be amazed if these improvements are significant as they claim.

And why can't you pray to the Four Winds? My god is the everlasting sky!

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Announced
1. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Announced Aug 3, 2017, 11:13 Cutter

SPOCK: I saw V'Ger's planet, a planet populated by living machines. Unbelievable technology. V'Ger has knowledge that spans this universe. And, yet with all this pure logic, ...V'Ger is barren, cold, no mystery, no beauty. I should have known.

KIRK: Known? Known what? ...Spock, what should you have known?

SPOCK: This simple feeling ...is beyond V'Ger's comprehension. No meaning, ...no hope, ...and, Jim, no answers. It's asking questions. 'Is this ...all I am? Is there nothing more?'

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 15:56 Cutter

Fletch wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 15:35:
Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 12:48:
It's not the fucking salary it's the job itself.
Then, three sentences later, complains about the salary (again).

That's called reinforcing a major part of why it's so absurd. Obviously a senior position in a management role in government is going to be six figures. That sort of salary would be commensurate...with a position that actually does something worthwhile for the money. Nice reading comprehension fail there, bud.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 12:48 Cutter

JZ Temple wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 12:07:
Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:17:
The job comes with a six figure salary—$124,406 to $187,000 per year

And some people wonder why so many get pissed off with government waste on things like NASA.

That's not an unreasonable salary considering the prerequisites and requirements of the job.

It's not the fucking salary it's the job itself. Planetary Protection Officer? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm sure it'll be an awesome job for whoever lands it. Getting paid close to 200k a year plus a gold plated perks package to sit around and do nothing except play XCom 2 all day long an say it's "work related".

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 10:17 Cutter

The job comes with a six figure salary—$124,406 to $187,000 per year

And some people wonder why so many get pissed off with government waste on things like NASA.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 2, 2017, 10:14 Cutter

Well he's not wrong. They are simply too large and powerful. I wonder what his position on the AT&T merger is because if any company needs to be broken up and regulated - yet again - it's the phone and cable co's. Point in fact, given how essential the internet is now it should be nationalized in every country. It's simply too important to be left in the hands of private corps - particularly when it's tax dollars that paid for all that copper and fiber to be laid in the first place.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2017, 14:53 Cutter

LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 14:06:
Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 12:27:
Yeah, but the best thing about August is that NFL Football is back! First pre-season game this Thorsday! Woot!

Speaking of which, almost that time of year for another pick'em league no? Or did i miss the details in a previous post?

Bats usually handles that but he's busy with buying a new house.

Edit: Just looking at the site now so I'll see if I can set it up.

Edit2: Ok, firstly it appears there are no pre-season picks anyway. Second, if Bats set it up correctly the group should automagically restart for the 2017 season for September. So if you're reading this Bats can you please take a look when you get a sec.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2017, 15:44.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2017, 12:27 Cutter

Yeah, but the best thing about August is that NFL Football is back! First pre-season game this Thorsday! Woot!

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
53. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 12:16 Cutter

Shows how bad SC is failing. Used to be that a story like this would easily break 100 plus comments and last for days, now everyone's just kinda meh bleh about it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
52. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 12:15 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 02:53:
Gibbage wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 00:07:
Right now I put Chris in the same category as Trump. Floated by a bunch of blind followers and nothing but empty promises. Wake me up with they file for bankruptcy and everyone is stuck with a 30 million dollar tech demo.

At least Chris has produced something. What has Trump produced, besides indigestion in large swaths of the population and laughter among our allies and enemies?

You keep saying that and it isn't true. He came up with ideas, which were subsequently taken away from him and given to other people because he was incapable of delivering on time and on budget. Trump has actually produced a lot of stuff in his time. Those hotels didn't build themselves.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 1, 2017, 12:12 Cutter

You can safely blame the publish PlayWay for that. Virtually everything they have devs push out the door is a hot mess. Just look at all their titles they publish on Steam, almost all are mixed or negative. And the complaints are all the same, potentially good game but released way too early way too buggy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 1, 2017, 12:07 Cutter

Nice clickbait headline. So nothing newsworthy actually happened then but you're going to report non-news with a clickbait headline anyway, right?

26876 Comments. 1344 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo