Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28380 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2018, 09:49 Cutter

Dev wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 03:13:
That facebook thing is a laugh. Anyone with half a brain knows they do this all the time and sell it all the time. If someone thinks FB doesn't gather and sell this stuff on them, they are an idiot.

FB only got in a twit because they weren't paid for all the data that was taken, it was harvested through an app instead. All presidential campaigns did things like this for the last few elections on both sides, I remember there was lots of news about how Obama campaign was tracking people and sending messages down to the "your neighbor hasn't voted in 3 years, go visit him and ask him to vote" level of creepy. Hillary and Trump did deep data harvesting as well on their campaigns.

There was no hack, people clicked I ACCEPT, to give the app data on them and their friends, and it happens all the time for all sorts of apps.

The lawsuits won't go anywhere against FB since people let them collect this data, and except for the completely douchieness of CA, probably wouldn't go anywhere there either. But since they lied to FB about deleting (possible contract violation), and the head spouted off on video showing how douchy he is, it might end up going somewhere against CA.

Most people have no clue how much data is being collected and that's what they're waking up to.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2018, 20:32 Cutter

He can easily win his legal costs back - and I'm guessing that's in the works. Punitive damages are much more difficult to get. If he can secure a jury trial for damages he stands a much better position of making some bread off this.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans
2. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans Mar 25, 2018, 20:29 Cutter

GothicWizard wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 17:11:
NWN1 used a poor ruleset (3.5 is far superior), dated GFX even on release (what happens when a game is in dev for 5 years) and now just plain painful to look at and a subpar main story which amounted to a mix of convoluted motives of the main NPC and a giant fedex quest. The ONLY redeeming quality of it was the MP/toolset. If it wasn't for that just on it's raw SP quality it wouldn't be on anyone's list higher then temple of EE. Quite forgettable.

NWN2 was far superior in both story, GFX and gameplay. Why they are hell bent on putting more time into this hot mess and not NWN2 is perplexing.

That was my thoughts exactly. I suppose they could get the rights to do this for a hell of a lot cheaper. Still, I'm guessing it'll just end up a big waste of time and money on their part. Still pisses me off no one is making a new one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2018, 16:37 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 15:09:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 14:51:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 14:09:
Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 13:10:
"Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is," he said. "Do I know for sure? No. That's why I want to go up in space."

Yet, oddly enough ships have been circumnavigating the globe for millennia and nary a one has fallen off the edge. What are the odds? Rolleyes

He probably thinks it's a freaky frisbee.

I think the fact that he's running for Governor of California really puts an appropriate cherry on the top of this sundae

Yeah, he could have gotten up to 10,000 feet by climbing a mountain, but then he wouldn't have gotten any publicity.

Or just taken a, you know, passenger flight anywhere and he could easily see the curvature of the earth from 40,000 fucking feet.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2018, 13:10 Cutter

"Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is," he said. "Do I know for sure? No. That's why I want to go up in space."

Yet, oddly enough ships have been circumnavigating the globe for millennia and nary a one has fallen off the edge. What are the odds? Rolleyes

1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2018, 13:05 Cutter

World calls for Apple to pay its fucking taxes!

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 25, 2018, 13:02 Cutter

Gee a full page apology. Yeah, that oughta do it. Their entire business is predicated on data mining and now they're going to pretend like it isn't?

Rolleyes

News Comments > Open World Star Wars Game Plans?
7. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 24, 2018, 17:56 Cutter

If it was someone like Rockstar I'd be excited. EA? Um no.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 23, 2018, 20:11 Cutter

Blue, Firefox and Chrome are showing your safety certificate has expired and warning not to proceed to the site.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 23, 2018, 19:01 Cutter

I was pissed when they canceled UO2. I thought it was going to be good. Still amazes me EA let the Ultima IP just languish like it has.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 23, 2018, 18:58 Cutter

That reminds me, I need to replace my foglights on my car. And it's a motherfucker because you have to jack the car up to get at them. Ugh. Sometime in the next couple of weeks when it warms up some more because it's still pretty effing cold out there atm.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2018, 12:22 Cutter

I always loved marionettes and puppets - especially all the Gerry Anderson shows. Actually really wanted to be a puppeteer for a while as a kid. Dummies on the other hand are just plain creepy. Maybe because I saw Magic when I was a kid and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Clowns never bothered me but I never got their appeal either. As a kid in Toronto we always used to get the Commander Tom show out of Buffalo. Used to watch that all the time.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2018, 12:13 Cutter

Government employees who not only actually work but work hard? What is this? Bizarro Land?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 23, 2018, 12:12 Cutter

The two companies carry enormous debt loads, the result of management by private equity firms.

So it has nothing to do with Amazon.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 23, 2018, 12:03 Cutter

Yeah, the original footage doesn't jibe with what those other guys were showing. As some people have stated a lot of people seem to believe Uber has been rigging the cameras like this precisely for this very reason. And given their track record of what a horrendous company they are I tend to agree. Cops on the take here too?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished
3. Re: Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished Mar 23, 2018, 11:48 Cutter

Homer, father of Bart, the big quitter

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 23, 2018, 09:51 Cutter

MeanJim wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 23:15:
I just bought a couple of CD's from Amazon yesterday. It was cheaper to buy the CD, and it comes with the digital auto-rip. It was $5 for the CD, and $10 for the digital only version.

Lol! I just did the same thing and I seriously can't recall the last time I bought a CD. And it's weird because it's not like Keith Jarett's music is everywhere.

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
13. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 21:59 Cutter

Steve McQueen's Le Mans is a great racing flick.

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
8. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 20:12 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 19:29:
theglaze wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 19:25:
10pm PDT on Saturday night is the first Grand Prix of the year, live from Australia, for those curious to see the DOPE 2018 cars in action!

8AM GMT

I am ready

No sleeping in this weekend Btw, Saturday 8am GMT qualifying, Sunday 8am GMT Race. Qualifying is imo just as much a must watch.

Do you mean the actual car racing? Never understood the appeal but one of my brothers is a big race car nut and watches Formula 1 religiously.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 13:27 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 12:16:
Rilcon wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 11:05:
This really isn't a republicans-only thing, even if their motivation in this instance may be; HRC was (and I guess still is) fairly anti-games herself.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of "both sides do it," since most of the time it's a false dichotomy. However in this case, gaming is used as a whipping boy by both sides.

Yes, but for different reasons entirely. Defending the gun/military lobby no matter what falls squarely into the laps of the GOP 99.9% of the time.

28380 Comments. 1419 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo