Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28572 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Influencer to Influence Destiny 2
6. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2018, 16:09 Cutter

Linksil wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 14:55:
Am I the only one that really doesn't like this whole title of "influencer" I mean other then EVERYONE calling themselves that on youtube, it just never sat right with me.

Well everyone is an influencer, it' all a question of degrees of influence however. My problem with it is what they really are are paid shills and should be referred to as such. If you take money to promote something, you're a shill, plain and simple.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
20. Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 16:06 Cutter

Rilcon wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 12:19:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 11:33:
Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 11:23:
So people have to choose to enable a setting. That's a good thing.

Completely disagree on this. Because now, when people want to write damaging reviews that are actually written well, but contain bad information, there's no way to actually combat that by having people respond to the review. (and the reverse is also true)

I thought you could up/downvote reviews already? Anyways, who the christ is going to read the reviews of a review to "get to the truth", but not check other reviews of the game for a bigger sample size? Who even has the time to read comments on steam user reviews?

You can up/down vote reviews which is why they get sorted that way unless you choose recent reviews. Most of the "reviews" are a waste of space but a lot of people put forth really good ones. And anything that empowers consumer privacy rights is not only good but long overdue and necessary now.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2018, 12:45 Cutter

Anyone who drafts Jackson is going to regret it. He is not QB material. I wonder if the Browns will be able to make any progress this year?

News Comments > Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
3. Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 11:23 Cutter

I don't see why this would have anything to do with the GDPR. Even if does, so what? So people have to choose to enable a setting. That's a good thing. Talk about much ado about nothing.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 25, 2018, 22:01 Cutter

Or just maybe AIs just prefer detecting nipples over hate speech. I'd rather look at nipples than listen to a liberal talk any day of the week.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 25, 2018, 21:58 Cutter

So where did he find an actual dragon to enhance with cybernetic parts? I don't think Elon understands what a cyborg is.

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience
4. Re: PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience Apr 25, 2018, 21:55 Cutter

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 21:36:
Maybe this game is exactly what the PC community needs. More people will learn how to build their own little PC and not having to buy that overpriced Alienware and whatnot crap.

Yeah, except it's cheaper these days to buy a pre-built rig. Le sigh.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video
14. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 25, 2018, 21:35 Cutter

Yeah, ITAD shows it was like $16 on Gamersgate once. If I can grab it for 20 or less - mebbe on CDkeys or something - I will. I intended on getting it I just wanted to make sure it was going to launch and be decent - which it sounds like it is.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 21:29 Cutter

KS wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 14:16:
I remember 20 years ago when they banned the export of horse meat.

Of course there is little difference between cats, dogs, horses, and cattle and sheep and goats. They're all larger mammals. As long as it's humane, who cares? If it's ok to eat one, it's ok to eat all, and the rest is just preferences mostly of how you were raised.

If you think all animals are the same than you clearly know nothing about animals. There's are myriad reasons why some animals are more expendable than others. However it would make more sense for us to eat fast breeding animals like rabbit, deer, and boar, the most.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 12:26 Cutter

I wonder why they stopped doing World Fairs. They look pretty sweet.

What the truckers did sure was nice but hardly heroic. Fucking media clickbait, man.

News Comments > Strange Brigade in August
4. Re: Strange Brigade in August Apr 25, 2018, 12:14 Cutter

Yeah, everyone enjoys some good ol' fashioned style serial pulp. Ima take a wait and see approach on it, but I imagine I'll take the plunge on it at some point.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2018, 12:09 Cutter

Awww, RIP Bob. Schoolhouse Rock is probably one of my most favorite things ever. I think I can probably recite the lyrics to most all of them by heart.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2018, 12:07 Cutter

Fuck Tim Cook and Apple.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2018, 12:04 Cutter

“We want to make Gmail the most secure, the smartest, and the easiest to use email client,” said Gmail product manager Jacob Bank

Yeah, secure to everyone except Google and any government who asks. Protonmail FTW!

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video
2. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 25, 2018, 11:55 Cutter

Darks wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 10:41:
Own this game and will be running a dedicated server for Coop. So anyone that wants to play it on my server just let me know. Once the game goes live I will be renewing my server.

And I will be running a few mods on this server too. mods that increase the stacking of items, removing durability and a few other things that for me make the game more enjoyably.

Liked the game, it was a lot of fun, and the new combat they added is really good now.

Cant wait to see the final version.

Cool beans. If I take the plunge I'll do that.

News Comments > Frostpunk Released
21. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 18:15 Cutter

Prez wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 18:13:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:25:
Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:26:
You say that like people should know who they are. Those names mean nothing to me.

YouTube has a search feature. Use it and educate yourself.

If you have no life that's your problem. The rest of us generally consider our time too valuable to be wasting it finding and listening to what Youtube "celebrities" think about anything. Ergo, their names mean nothing to people with a life.

Let's Play's are about seeing the game in action, not the youtuber. I don't generally care about YouTube personalities either. Really if you just search the game name you'll probably find a bunch of vids showing the gameplay. Hell, half the time I don't even know the name of the streamer nor care to; I'm just there to see the gameplay.

That's exactly my point. Yeah, we all know what a Let's Play is. We really don't care about who's doing it so name dropping doesn't mean squat.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 16:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:57:
Those giant wind turbines are stupid, and an eyesore. Anyone who lives around them doesn't want them around. Typical government stupidity and corruption are involved with those things. Give credits for solar and windpods on peoples homes would be far more efficient and desire. But that would make sense.

Small windmills are much less efficient. And you can't power cities with rooftop solar. Both of these need industrial level size and investment. Fortunately, the best wind resources are in farmland areas or offshore, so most people don't need to see them.

Yes, but a combination of homebased solar and wind is generally more than enough for any household. Enough that they generate a surplus of electricity which can be sold back to the grid. And seeing cities are comprised of 80% suburbs it makes perfect sense because you can't stick giant wind turbines in cities anyway. And using them to generate energy in the country amounts to the same problem. People in the country don't want them and it's a lot less efficient transferring power over long distances than it is to generate it locally. This is a really big issue in Ontario. There's been tons of opposition to it and the government has just steamrolled over everyone including using emminent domain to plunk the things down where they want. The general feeling is that there's a shit ton of corruption involved in all of this. They even made a documentary about in 2015.

DOWN WIND - Wind Farm documentary

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 24, 2018, 16:37 Cutter

Task wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:25:
Cutter, look into it before hyperboling.

As stated by devs "there is no server requirements at all, save games will not be affected, etc."

You only need to login if you want to play multiplayer against one other person.

That's not hyperbole, I'm repeating what I've read. Several reviews on Steam state that in order to play the game login's are mandatory.

E.G:

"Soo many things wrong with this game where do i start:

1) Login mandatory to play
2) Graphics are absolutely horrindous (I ran it on high with the highest resolution 1980x1200 and I have a 1080 TI)
The graphics can be related to a game from 2006-2008 at best
3) Turn-Based game??? Really how would you mess up the legacy here this absolutely Destroys playability!
Playability is absolutely atrocious
4) Loading times are unbarable at best
I have pretty much nthe fastest compuuter money can buy and the load times and cut scenes (having to press esc and then wait another 5-10 seconds) makes this one of the worst games."

Just go look at the neg reviews. Sounds like there's an awful lot wrong with this game even beyond that which is why the overall review is Mixed so far. Meanwhile Frostpunk is sitting at Very Positive atm.

17. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 16:29 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:11:
It was our hope...That pushed us on...

Am I the only one who is annoyed by dramatic pauses that make no sense in context?

Yeah. That reminds me of that Seinfeld episode on exclamation marks.

Elaine and exclamation points!

16. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 16:25 Cutter

Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:26:
You say that like people should know who they are. Those names mean nothing to me.

YouTube has a search feature. Use it and educate yourself.

If you have no life that's your problem. The rest of us generally consider our time too valuable to be wasting it finding and listening to what Youtube "celebrities" think about anything. Ergo, their names mean nothing to people with a life.

28572 Comments. 1429 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo