Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On July 7, 2006
Supporter -
Total Comments 31982 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2020, 15:23 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2020, 15:04:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 1, 2020, 14:31:
2020....pshaw. I'm in the year 5780.

Side note: do you realize just how much it sucks being still slightly drunk and yet also wickedly hungover?

If you'll excuse me, I am going to go put on an oxygen mask, start a saline drip in to my vein, and pray for death to come swiftly.

Drink sports drink. It replaces both lost fluid and electrolytes.

Brawndo, it's got what plants crave. I agree with that sentiment. I always used to have Gatorade on hand for the next day after a night of boozing. Find it always helped better than anything else. Course you could just make some Kool-aid and dump some salt it in too.

"Listen, I知 not the nicest guy in the Universe because I知 the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free

6. Re: Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free Jan 1, 2020, 15:19 Cutter

Dark side's comin now it's for real....

"Listen, I知 not the nicest guy in the Universe because I知 the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2019, 19:15 Cutter

bigspender wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 17:44:
'Wake-up call': Study suggests kids who drink whole milk may be leaner.

Oh come on, the sugar industry pulled the same shit a few years ago with diet coke and pepsi max etc People who are lean from other methods, don't worry about buying low fat, or sugar free products.

Just like the article says, it's a reverse causation: People are lean despite the whole fat milk, and the sugar drinks. NOT because of them.

P.S. there's a reason why dairy isn't on the Canadian food guidelines anymore. Humans are not cows.

There's added sugar in skim milk but not whole. And whole milk fat is good a good fat. And people of northern European ancestry need dairy because that's how we evolved. When we were stuck in doors several months a year we had to get our nutrition and Vitamin D from somewhere else - milk/cheese. It's why so many in the sun belt are lactose intolerant and we're vitamin D deficient. Milk and cheese are good for you. And butter is light years better than margarine. We are naturally deficient in several key vitamins and minerals that dairy provides.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2019, 15:24 Cutter

Well, let's hope the 2020s are a damn sight better than the 2010s, though I doubt it. From the looks of it things are only getting worse. Bleh. I imagine with the upcoming Nov. election this is going to be a stressful year in the US in particular given the stakes.

Remember kids, there is and alternative to the Dems and the GOP!

Vicious. Eternal. Deadly. CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT 2020!!!

Cthulhu 2020 The Greater of Two Evils!

Hah, got that T-shirt and will be wearing it a lot this year. After all, gotta' let the Elder Gods know who's side you're on.
Cthulhu

The Mainstreaming of Cthulhu: How a Fringe Horror Creation Became Popular

Interesting article that.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2019, 15:14 Cutter

Ahhh Neil, the man who wrote Brave Sir Robin. Hehehe, RIP Neil!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2019, 15:13 Cutter

Efflixi wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 13:58:
I've heard the low frequency hum before and I've done my own research on it. I generally only hear it when there are no other real sounds for me to hear. I have heard it outside but usually I'm inside when I hear it and it's rather random as to when/where. The most plausible things I've read is that it's the blood pulsing through your body that normally you can't hear (far too low frequency at less than 2Hz for resting pulse) being attenuated for some reason, or something more mundane like geothermal activity.

The only "conspiracy theory" idea for it that I can kind of see possibly being it is infrasound communication for submarines. VLF is still very high frequency, the infrasound stuff is well below normal human hearing on the order of 1-5Hz. The US Navy has actually communicated this way but they tend to not use it because it's extremely slow to communicate anything useful and still has a limited range.

Everything vibrates. If it didn't we would hear anything at all. Thing is, as someone with SSCD I have pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear. Hearing your pulse is more of a ping-pong sound - as the blood moves back and forth - separated into a distinctly into a high-low sound. And because I have a dehiscence in my left ear I actually hear things at a lower register than most people would pick up on - not a good thing. It's informally called 'the third window', as there should only be two 'windows' into the brain for sound.

Tinnitus on the other hand is classically the 'hum in the drum'. And studies have shown that it can develop in the absence of other sounds - prisoners who have spent a long time in solitary for instance. Sometimes the brain creates its own noise - and we don't really no why. So either it's either something there, that under the right circumstances certain people can perceive. Or it's all in your head? Doesn't really make a difference either way as there's sweet FA you can do about it.

Reading the article the author mentions tinnitus but clearly doesn't know anything about it as he describes it as high-pitched, and while that's true for some, it runs the gamut for everyone, sometimes low, sometimes crackingly or staticy. And the fact that he can occlude the sound by turning his head makes me think he actually has mild somatosensory tinnitus - which is a result of neuromuscular inflammation.

How is it that animals pick up on earthquakes way before people do? I seriously doubt that the military is responsible for it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2019, 14:54 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 13:23:
Climate change is making horses fat as it's causing an abundance of grass to grow, top vet warns.

When life gives you horses, make horse burgers.

There's a financial opportunity for you there, JD. Get people to pay you get their horses to run with you. We've both got a long way, to run....

News Comments > New Year's Eve Safety Dance

1. Re: New Year's Eve Safety Dance Dec 31, 2019, 14:42 Cutter

Don't buy them? Support companies that actually respect your privacy? Derp?

News Comments > Into the Black

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2019, 20:41 Cutter

RIP Syd Mead, love his work. Just go look it up and look at it. The man had real vision.

Ahh yes, I recall Oliver's work now. Haven't listened to the Cocteau Twins in ages. I'll have to give them a listen. Blue Bell Knoll, such a great album. Lorelei is still their best song though. Saw them perform once when I lived in Vancouver, they were surprisingly good live.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count

3. Re: The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count Dec 30, 2019, 20:34 Cutter

I actually just started a new playthrough - my second - with the HD graphics mod, and everything running on ultra and it looks effing amazing. Such a goddamned good game! Can't not wait to see what these mofos come up with for Cy2077. Can't wait for more Weecher goodness from them - and you know it's coming.

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale Finale - Get Tower of Time for Free

18. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Finale - Get Tower of Time for Free Dec 30, 2019, 19:10 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 15:53:
WannaLogAlready wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 14:52:
Cutter and jdreyer,

If you didnエt get the game yet, how I got Tower of time at Gog.

By the way, a very fine ARPG, game, polished and long.

Click on green button "Go to giveaway"

Not necessary to click on "Tower of time giveaway, hours, minutes, seconds" near the top of the screen.

Instead, scroll down till you find another green button "Get it free", click and youエre done. Youエll get a mail with a 4 number code, etc. Done.

Sorry if it was some insider joke and it whooshed me.

Cheers !

Hey thanks, I picked it up. Yeah, I was trying to riff off Cutter's loop comment by looping it.

Yeah I figured that. Shoulda ran with Cher instead.

Thanks Log, yeah I missed that banner. Got it all sorted.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2019, 12:09 Cutter

Ugh, dropped from 4 to 9 yesterday. Much as I hate the Seahawks I wish they would have won it yesterday. Speaking of firings, I wonder if Jerry is gonna' clear house at Casa de Cowboy?

Anyway, playoff time! GO PACKERS!

Okay, that Macho Man thing was awesome.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2019, 12:04 Cutter

Shows what really motivates these companies when they only comply where they only absolutely must. We all need those privacy laws.

News Comments > Get Hello Neighbor for Free

6. Re: Get Hello Neighbor for Free Dec 30, 2019, 11:52 Cutter

Hello? Is it me you're looking for....

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale Finale - Get Tower of Time for Free

6. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Finale - Get Tower of Time for Free Dec 30, 2019, 11:52 Cutter

If I could turn back time....

Can't seem to get the game, it's stuck in a loop.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2019, 16:49 Cutter

Geez Louise, the Lions once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2019, 14:28 Cutter

Go local college and/or sports team!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2019, 14:23 Cutter

So it wasn't time to add security to IoT in the concept phase, but now because it's a total SNAFU?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 29, 2019, 14:20 Cutter

So, Youtube is anti-80's and people being totally rad?

News Comments > Get The Talos Principle for Free

5. removed Dec 29, 2019, 14:05 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:48.

31982 Comments. 1600 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >