Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27325 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up
11. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 23:46 Cutter

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 20:50:
I never understood gamers who play games to cheat. I mean, it's not Vegas. What do you really get out of it?

Only time I ever cheat is in SP games when I'm really stuck on something and can't progress. Never saw the point in MP games, FPS in particular. I have to assume people just do it to be dicks because how could you ever think for a second you were achieving anything...besides being a dick. What was awesome was when I was playing so well in my CS/TF days and being accused of cheating when I wasn't because of playing so well. That felt good.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2017, 20:24 Cutter

Huh, and I was just listening to him yesterday, 'Ain't that a shame' and my personal fave of his, I'm In Love Again. Always love cruising around to 50s music, Fats, Chuck Berry, and Buddy Holly in particular.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 25, 2017, 20:19 Cutter

Voice controlled TV? Thanks but a remote saves me the trouble of talking to my TV constantly. Wait and see if this sort of shit doesn't lead to divorces and/or right up to someone murdering someone, 'I just could take them saying 'Channel up or down' one more goddamned time!'

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2017, 14:07 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 13:50:
For your back (I'm sure you're doing most of this already):
- Take ibuprofen every six hours.
- Walk around.
- Now that you're past the first day, you should be alternating heat and ice.
- Get a back massager. I got this one from Costco for $50, and it works great. My daughter even uses it after her 2 hour swim practice.

No, don't take ibuprofen. It elevates blood pressure as well as cerebral spinal fluid and intercranial pressure, all it does is mask pain and it's ototoxic to boot. For muscle spasms you're far better off using a muscle relaxant like Robaxin. The muscle heals much better when its relaxed and not spasming and blood is getting to it more easily. And that's why massage helps it immensely. Striated muscles tend to pancake over time and massage looses the layers up to get bloodflow to them. Chiro is good because gravity compresses your spine over time and CNS nerves and muscle can get pinched and/or strained as well which can cause those sorts of spasm and pain. That or inversion therapy helps stretch things out and loosen up. Yoga or just general light, sustained stretching is also a major benefit.

I know because I've always had a problem with my T7 vertabrae for as long as I can remember so I had to learn/do all this stuff to constantly keep it from hurting all the time. That or undergo major surgery to repair it which I'm not inclined to do seeing as you can end up paralyzed if it goes wrong. No thanks. I'll just take the drugs and therapy when I need to which isn't often so long as you do regular maintenance.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 25, 2017, 13:48 Cutter

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 13:21:
Just think how good they could have made their last console (Xbox One) if they didn't neuter the system by forcing this as a pack-in at launch. Not only could the money/resources for this lame-duck tech have gone into better internal parts of the console (you know.. the parts that MATTER for gaming), but they wouldn't have had to reserve a portion of their already struggling processor just for this fad hardware that they had some good success with on the 360. They should have just made the XB1 backwards compatible with the Kinect, and release an updated version so people could decide for themselves whether they wanted to get it, instead of forcing it upon each and every person who bought their new console. What a shitty Microsoft-worthy move.

Instead, think about if they had never wasted their time and money on consoles to begin and focused solely on Windows PC gaming. They would have dominated the market so hard there wouldn't be any consoles today, everyone would simply be a PC gamer.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2017, 12:10 Cutter

Take some muscle relaxants or get the wife to slather on some icy-hot, go see a masseuse and/or chiro. Treat it, Blue, don't just sit and wallow. I never understand that 'walk it off' mentality. If no treatment is available than fine, but there's tons in this case and all readily available. Remember most of these issues aren't problems themselves but symptoms of a greater problem - particularly if they're chronic.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 25, 2017, 12:07 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 10:59:
I thought Kinect was interesting technology. I could see how online gamers could use it to record their own combat animations to upload them to fighting games or mmos if games were ever developed to allow such a degree of user customization.

I wonder if the technology really doesn't have broad appeal or it just wasn't marketed adequately?

No, it's because they were using it to spy on people. Also their whole attitude is a classic business mistake of telling people what they want instead of listening to what they want. A very expensive mistake.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 25, 2017, 12:05 Cutter

Her 15 minutes have been over for a long time now. Time to move along.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 21:27 Cutter

Better and much more important story from that site....

$300M Puerto Rico Recovery Contract Linked to Trump Donor

Whitefish Energy Holdings, which had a reported staff of only two full-time employees when Hurricane Maria touched down, appears ill-equipped to handle the daunting task of restoring electricity to Puerto Rico’s more than 3 million residents.

The GOP graft is just breathtaking in its scope.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2017, 21:19 Cutter

Ex-Visceral dev either falls for clickbait article or is desperate for attention himself.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 18:40 Cutter

Fat isn't a concern, sugar and salt are.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2017, 18:39 Cutter

heropsycho wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:08:
Blue, have you considered moving to a standing desk? I have two bad disks in my neck that it was all but guaranteed I'd need surgery. I bought a standing desk, and it's been about 4 years since my prognosis of requiring surgery with none necessary.

I even added a treadmill underneath my standing desk to get my exercising in while I work. It's been life changing.

Standing doesn't help, in fact there are good arguments that against using those desks. Moving, walking, etc. etc. on the other hand is very good. We're designed for sitting around and doing stuff and moving around and doing stuff, standing around not so much.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2017, 15:22 Cutter

So you gave him your Arnie impression? 'I'll be back...about my back.' Or Sir Mixalot, Baby Got Back?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 15:18 Cutter

Watch the BBC documentary, The Truth About Healthy Eating. It's simply amazing how much of what people believe is healthy is pure jive.

Here's a small sample list they did at HuffPo.

Healthy Eating

The big surprise for me was that smoothies/juice (real juice) are jive and we derive almost no nutritional value from them.

News Comments > Steel Rats Announced
1. Re: Steel Rats Announced Oct 24, 2017, 14:53 Cutter

Shit, for a second I thought this was about The Stainless Steel Rat.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2017, 14:52 Cutter

Q: How do you fleece a sheep?

A: Charge them a thousand bucks for a phone they don't need.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon Next Month
1. Re: Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon Next Month Oct 24, 2017, 14:45 Cutter

Taoism is a philosophy, not a religion.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist
16. Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Oct 24, 2017, 14:44 Cutter

Translation: We don't give a fuck what PC gamers want. Just shut up and give us your money already.

Pass.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 23, 2017, 20:35 Cutter

Must admit I'm pretty stoked for this title atm, but not fucking $80 stoked for it. Gimme a call when the price gets reasonable on this thing.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 23, 2017, 20:34 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:25:
DAMN YOU OCTOBER! DAMN YOU JOB! Went from 20 hours a week, to a promotion to 40 hours this week, and then will be 60 hours next week till the 1st of the year.

No respect I tell you, no respect -Rodney Dangerfield

60 hours a week? That's insane. Work smarter, not harder. No one ever died saying 'Gee I should have spent more time at work.'

27325 Comments. 1367 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo