Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25046 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2016, 20:44 Cutter

Task wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 20:13:
It says that these institutions no longer have the full mindless obedient subjects of The Empire. Rebellion from within.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Statement
6. Re: SAG-AFTRA Statement Oct 20, 2016, 20:41 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:58:
Edit: If it is royalties in perpetuity they're after, I gotta agree that that just makes them sound greedy. Voice actors can contribute a lot to games, but it's not like a movie where their performance really makes or breaks the final product. You say your lines and you get paid for your time spent in the studio doing so, more or less depending on how good you are. That should be it.

No one is disputing a good actor is going to add value to a game but how much will always be intangible. As you said, they should simply get more up front. If you're one of the principles for a game like GTA, then yeah, you should get paid well. I think what SAG fails to understand are the diminishing returns. Yeah, unlike a classic flick people can watch over and over and over, a game is a different beast, and each subsequent playthrough means your less likely to play it again - for the most part. A game like GTA will get 2 or 3 playthroughs from me before I'm well and truly done with it and that's primarily for the gameplay. Good voice work is just icing on the cake. Conversely, I can and do watch Casablanca every year or two primarily because of the actors.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 20, 2016, 20:05 Cutter

FO PACKERS!!! Thanks everyone for rooting for the Packers tonight! Especially Bats!

Jesus, I have to head up to Minn one of these days and see a Packers v. Vikings game with Bats one of these days. I'm sure it would be highly entertaining!

News Comments > Mad Max for OS X and Linux
7. Re: Mad Max for OS X and Linux Oct 20, 2016, 19:59 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 12:05:
It wasn't bad, but it was fucking repeitive as hell to the point I never finished it. Also heard the ending was bad.

Take engine, make I76 game.

Yeah, my feelings too. Bats always loves these games and always talks us into buying them. It was the same with Shadows of Mordor. Yeah, it was ok, but I just can't get down on the repetitive grind of these sorts of games. I hate useless filler. Witcher 3 showed how you can do it right.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
42. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 19:57 Cutter

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 18:45:
This looks pretty cool. If I was looking for a handheld gaming system this would be the one I'd choose.

For sure. The ad was trying a little too hard, but it's a pretty cool concept and device. I suspect they'll do well with it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2016, 19:54 Cutter

Wtf does it say about America's "intelligence" agencies when this guy was getting away with this for 20 years? That they're a huge waste of money?

News Comments > New Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC
1. Re: New Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Oct 20, 2016, 19:52 Cutter

Totes, wrong trailer, Blue.

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Statement
3. Re: SAG-AFTRA Statement Oct 20, 2016, 19:51 Cutter

Secondary compensation is what allows professional performers to feed their families in between jobs.

What a load of horseshit! That's just greed, plain and simple. Work once, get paid forever. Fuck that noise. I've always been, and always will be, vehemently opposed to the royalty model that "artists" get. If the rest of the world worked that way everything would come to a screeching halt because no one would ever be able to afford anything. Mechanical royalties, copyright, patents, etc. all need drastic, drastic overhauls as they're the biggest impediment to commerce and the free flow or real capital there is.

Granted, no one has any love for the scumbag publishers but to call them freeloaders while not acknowledging your own model is completely parasitic is laughable at best.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 20, 2016, 19:45 Cutter

Fuuuuuck. Ima go apeshit on Rockstar if they don't bring RDR2 to the PC. This is the one game, the one game, that would make me buy a PS4. Hell, RDR was the only reason I bought an Xbox the first time around. And fuck that streaming noise for RDR, let's have a proper port and update or fuckoff.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 20, 2016, 19:40 Cutter

$47 for the FO4 Season Pass...on sale? Are you fucking kidding me? Rolleyes

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Zodiac Killer Preorder Mission
1. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Zodiac Killer Preorder Mission Oct 20, 2016, 19:35 Cutter

Zodiac was actually a pretty good flick. Granted all serial-killers are whackadoos, but he was an interesting cat. And given the advancements with technology, "AI", etc. I wonder what happen if you fed all his puzzles into those sorts of programs today. I wonder if the advances in forensics would have caught him if he started today instead of the 60s.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2016, 10:27 Cutter

Good, now everyone around here will shut up about the Jays and I can have a beer at the bar without having to suffer through baseball games being on everywhere and everyone constantly going, 'How 'bout them Jays, eh?' Yeah, they lost, as usual, just like the Leafs, that's how 'bout them.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 19, 2016, 20:07 Cutter

Why do you clowns keep giving DicEA money when this is the sort of shit you get for it in return?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 19, 2016, 19:54 Cutter

Looks good. That's a sale from me for sure if it's good.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 13:38 Cutter

Speaking of comebacks Ima have to do well in my pool picks as I forgot to pick for last week. Could have swore I did. So I did them today to make sure. *grumble mumble*

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2016, 13:36 Cutter

Exactly. I've always said the same thing too. If the mob uses MS Office on their computers does that mean MS is guilty of aiding and abetting them? Of course not. Same for everything else in this world, if a person chooses to use a product or service in an illegal manner than deal with it on a case by case basis. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

News Comments > Legends of Callasia - The Stoneborne Released
1. Re: Legends of Callasia - The Stoneborne Released Oct 19, 2016, 13:32 Cutter

Demon on Steam too. Never heard of this, looks pretty sweet, and reviews are mostly positive. Ima give the demo a whirl.

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
10. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 13:29 Cutter

They should make an Eddie and the Cruisers edition.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 18, 2016, 23:28 Cutter

It's not the brand, they just don't like tablets. And fair enough. It's way easier and faster to just use the erasable marker boards like they've been doing for decades. This was yet another massive waste of money by MS. I admit, I'd like a Surface Pro but they're way too goddamned expensive and there's no way they can justify the price. They're trying to hard to be Apple thinking they can charge a premium because of brand recognition. $1200 - $3000 for just a tablet alone is laughable at best. I paid $200 bucks for an 8" ASUS tablet and I still feel like I got ripped off. I barely ever use the thing.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 18, 2016, 22:54 Cutter

For that Ubi sale Valiant Hearts is a must buy if you haven't already. It's more of a history lesson than a game, but it's a powerful one. Fire it up on November 11th and rememner, war is a bad thing.

I Am Alive on the other hand is one of the worst games ever made so avoid it like the plague. It was just awful.

25046 Comments. 1253 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo