Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25110 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game
1. Re: Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game Nov 1, 2016, 21:23 Cutter

Well the only tiers in that area are $33 or $45 so you have to pledge at least $45US - $60CDN. Seeing as Dragonfall has already been on sale for the low, low price of $3.39CDN it's really not much of a deal, is it? Yeah, pass thanks.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2016, 15:23 Cutter

I am Gunnar-man and I know what's happening,
I am, I am, I am Gunnar-man and I can do anything....

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships
15. Re: Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships Nov 1, 2016, 15:20 Cutter

They would have been far smarter to put a naked Erika Eleniak in it. Biker

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
13. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 15:08 Cutter

ItBurn wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 14:50:
I finished the first game, but it was definitely a bit boring in parts. It's a solid game, but there's always something preventing it from being great. I think it's because it tries to be too many things. I loved the dark magic and Cthulhu style horror theme, but it's never really explored. Get us into sunken ruins already.

Same. It was decent, but definitely on the meh'ish side for me. Once I was done I had zero urge to ever replay it or grab this one. Guess I'll snag it when it hits the bargain bin.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2016, 15:59 Cutter

For a bartender with "30 years" experience he sure seems confused about bartending.

"Ordering a drink "up" is the correct way to order if you want your whiskey chilled and served in a martini glass."

No, it's not. Up is chilled alright but you still have to select the appropriate glassware for it. So for vodka, whisky, etc. it would be a rocks glass - small or large as you prefer. And while Manhattans can and are made up, it's rare - and disgusting - on the rocks is always better.

Most bars don't use highballs anymore unless they do a lot of specialty drinks like Long Island Iced Teas. Cape Cods, and mixed drink is easier and better in a rocks glass.

And no a "water back" is not a glass of water, it's a mini carafe of distilled room temperature water.

"Shaken or Stirred? Since "up" drinks are most often chilled before pouring, which is the best for you?"

Wrong. Shaken drinks are shaken when the ingredients are going to be cloudy regardless if you stir them or not. Clear cocktails are always stirred - martinis being the exception - cloudy are shaken. Cocktail guru Robert Hess illustrates the difference....

Stirred vs. Shaken

It honestly makes me wonder where this guy was working for 30 years to get most of the job wrong. Ultimately most bartenders could care less. So long as you're cool and tip well I'll make in a shoe if that's what makes you happy. The only time it really matters is when we're really busy. Nothing pisses off a bartender more than some yo-yo who doesn't know what they want when asked and people are lined up 3 deep at the bar.

'Whaddya want?'

'Hrm, I'm not really sure.'

'OK, see you in 5 minutes than.'

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2016, 15:25 Cutter

Lay blame where it belongs, the USPTO.

"Today, he believes any company that sends out an e-mail notification about a shipment owes him money."

Yet another idiotic "on a computer" patent. Ever had a delivery when you weren't home and they leave a notification saying when they'll drop it off or where you can pick it up? Yeah, that's been around for-fucking-ever now.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 31, 2016, 15:15 Cutter

Monster pr0n? The Japs already have that covered.

News Comments > Game Key Delays Addressed
2. Re: Game Key Delays Addressed Oct 31, 2016, 15:13 Cutter

Rhett wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:58:
Guess it was a preorder snafu, as I just bought Titanfall 2 from them and redeemed immediately.. hmm.

No, this is commonplace with GMG. Just another reason I stopped using them a few years ago now.

News Comments > Origin Coming Back to Myanmar
4. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 15:11 Cutter

Again, I'd like to know why EA did this but not Steam or Uplay.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
17. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 14:57 Cutter

Granted I only paid 3 bucks for Hearthfire in order to complete the DLC to get this but this is some bullshit cash grab by Bethsoft. They really did sweet FA for this didn't they? Not like I expected them to overhaul the UI for PC or anything but at the very least they could have made - or ensured - that SKSE was 64 bit so PC gamers could use the fucking mods. I forgot just how painfully bad the vanilla UI is for this fucking game. Christ, I really hate Bethsoft in so many ways. They are some of the cheapest, greediest motherfuckers going.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2016, 09:58 Cutter

NamecaF wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 09:37:
I dont get the point of Soylent. How is it any different from other VLCD meal replacements that have existed since the 1970s (Like Ensure, OptiFast, etc)?

There's no such thing as a "meal replacement". Trace minerals, phytonutrients, etc. are all essential to good health and don't come in meal replacements or pills. Same reason even processing or cooking fruit/veg kills a lot of the benefit off. For best health food - veg/fruit - is always best served as unadulterated as possible. It's like people who think supplements are all you need. All they're doing is pissing their money away, literally. The only time a supplement helps is if you have an actual deficiency, generally due to some genetic problem like if you're anemic than iron pills will definitely be a benefit. It never ceases to boggle my mind that people think there are shortcuts to good health. Worse still that they treat eating well as a chore rather than the pleasure it is. And people wonder why there's an obesity epidemic.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 31, 2016, 09:48 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 05:03:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:13:
Yeah, I'm sure that makes up for all the evil they do.

I'm sure you have a list of all these "evil" things for us... *waits with chin on fist* This should be good. XD

Really? Do you really traipse through life so blissfully unaware of what's going on around you? If you don't know about the evil that corps like Google do than suffice it to say you likely don't care and it would be a waste of time explaining it. It's very quick and easy to research it yourself if you're so inclined.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
22. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 09:45 Cutter

Yes, but why didn't Uplay or Steam cut them off? That's why this smells of bullshit.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 15:18 Cutter

Yeah, seeing as the Xmas rush begins on Chewsday I need to keep my eye out for a good deal on an RX 480, as I'm long past due for a new card.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 15:16 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 12:59:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 12:33:
It's trick OR treat. I guess you missed the first part. I have no doubt some jerks are taking it too far or doing inappropriate things. Hi and welcome to Life where that's the norm. Yet, we also know we happen to be - unfortunately - in the middle of another idiotic politically correct resurgence where overreacting is the norm. I know, let's just ban Halloween. Better still, let's ban all entertainment media. May as well ban bright colours while we're at it too. Boy they can sure excite people. Yes, let's just all walk around dressed in grey in a grey world where nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. That sounds awesome doesn't it?

Are you intentionally not reading the news or something?

People dressed as creepy clowns and ATTACKED PEOPLE WITH REAL WEAPONS TO SCARE THEM

Didn't I just say there are always some jerks that go to far? So every time some asshole does something wrong we should all overreact. That's what you're saying we should do.

That is "inappropriate" to you?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 30, 2016, 15:13 Cutter

Yeah, I'm sure that makes up for all the evil they do.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
7. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 15:11 Cutter

EA is a multinational so if the traffic isn't coming into the US - and lord knows why it would from the other side of the planet - than this is just so much bullshit. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see EA tell them they're required to buy the games again.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 12:33 Cutter

It's trick OR treat. I guess you missed the first part. I have no doubt some jerks are taking it too far or doing inappropriate things. Hi and welcome to Life where that's the norm. Yet, we also know we happen to be - unfortunately - in the middle of another idiotic politically correct resurgence where overreacting is the norm. I know, let's just ban Halloween. Better still, let's ban all entertainment media. May as well ban bright colours while we're at it too. Boy they can sure excite people. Yes, let's just all walk around dressed in grey in a grey world where nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. That sounds awesome doesn't it?

20. Re: Terror clowns Oct 30, 2016, 00:32 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 21:19:
Let's talk about that instead.. (Glad your better half is OK blue ,p)

Can someone explain to me what insanity someone has to possess to dress himself up as a "creepy clown" and carry around a chainsaw, and I mean a real, running, chainsaw, or a hammer, a knife, a gun, any other weapons just to "scare" people? You know, to me those are not "creepy" idiots, to me those are criminals. And apparently the German gov agrees with me. So yay!

Do they not realize what this leads to though?

I've had talks with several parents who are quite worried because of this, and debate whether a few sweets are worth to open their children up for such an attack. There's already been 1 idiot here in my town a bit out of Berlin that did this, police came and that's all I heard of that. But seriously, am I supposed to sit with phone and CS gas at my door at Halloween?

Fucking retards doing this and causing fear where there should be fun for children! Just another proof that humanity is fucked. We may be OK for the most part, but there will always be a few total retards fucking everything up. So fuck these terror clowns, and the people who think this is fun.

Oh come on. One of the funniest things ever that happened to us when we were trick or treating is one of the older guys in the neighborhood dressed up as Jason and was chasing everyone around with a chainsaw - without the teeth obviously. It was scary as hell for all of 3 seconds and when we realized it was a trick we peed our pants laughing. Way to be a killjoy. Just plant a "Get off my lawn!" sign out front of your house why don't you?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2016, 00:28 Cutter

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 18:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:15:
Well duh, but with a mostly apathetic populace of sheeple that don't know or care that's not going to happen. Big Brother is on the way.

Oh the way? Shit he has been here for a decade or two... maybe more.

No, I mean the real deal. It's certainly been happening, slowly but surely, since Reagan. 9/11 was the real catalyst however.

25110 Comments. 1256 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo