Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28394 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 18:07 Cutter

As I said, I wasn't familiar with the whole story and none of that is covered in the article. In that case then yes, these assholes definitely need to pay big time. I'm utterly amazed the guy even returned to the US.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 3, 2018, 18:06 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 15:33:
And to think Mark Faceberg was actually thinking of running for President just a few months ago.

The NSA officially becomes part of Facebook.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 15:38 Cutter

GOP wants to further screw rank and file consumers. How is this news exactly?

And I'm not getting this whole waterpark story. Why are these guys being held accountable unless they just went and did it without any approval. So there were no engineers and city inspectors that signed off and OK'd the thing? There was zero testing of it at all? Because there should have been and if there was than I don't see how they're liable.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 15:36 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 13:17:
“I don’t f—ing care”- In wooing $67M from big alcohol, NIH nixed critical study.

Like the FCC, looks like the NIH is a "captured agency."

Oh absolutely. The hard science has been in on booze for decades now. There is no upside. Or at least the upside is entirely negligent when compared to the downsides. Resveratrol in red wine? Nebbiolo is the only red wine in which it exists in sufficient amounts to be of any benefit to you. For any other grape you'd have to be drinking gallons of the stuff to see any benefit.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 19:11 Cutter

Yeah, I've used it twice in the last year and finally deleted my account the other day. Told my friends they could email me if they need to get in touch, you know, like people used to. I think that's all someone needs to do now. Just make a non-scumbag FB and they could easily replace them.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 15:50 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 14:44:
Bard wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 14:14:
Facebook.

It is silencing activism against the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

An example of the things Companies should not have the ability to do.

Any company operating in China agrees to basically the same thing.

I don't care if they're censoring in China because that's on the Chinese people to deal with that bullshit. And while I'm all for 'my house my rules', I don't think it's cool when corps engage in selective bigotry to support some kind of politics. Particularly when they like to paint themselves as bastions of freedom and democracy. At the very least they should be required to spell that out from the outset.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
18. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 15:46 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 11:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 11:25:
Until Linux looks like and as is as easy to use as Windows it'll always remain niche.

QFT Linux is not even trying to compete with windows until it can be used as conveniently without background knowledge as "the OS from hell" Windows.

Exactly. You think of just how Window is to use and that's still not easy enough for people. Otherwise consoles wouldn't exist.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 15:44 Cutter

How far do you have to set it back from where you're seated? What kind of desk real estate are we talking here? I only ask because I'm going to build a new desk very shortly and I was probably going to go 24 inches on the depth. My 27" monitor only sits about 8 inches back but is about 3 feet from my face on this desktop which is 18".

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2018, 11:44 Cutter

It always snows in the beginning of April though. Always.

Yeah, I never cared for cop/doctor/lawyer shows - their lives just aren't that interesting. My pop used to watch HSB all the time so I used to watch it with him. As far as cop shows go it was probably the best - I'm guessing. However I did watch shows like Beretta, Starsky & Hutch, The Rockford Files, and Magnum PI all the time but I put those down more as cheese action shows than proper cop dramas.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 11:29 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 10:21:
Re:4k monitors

I personally have been using a 55" Sony 930E for a few months and couldn't be happier with it. Awesome performance, image quality, color, etc. It does 4:4:4 chroma 4k with really no perceptible input lag and the large format is particularly awesome in games.

This is after having tried the 49" Samsung JS9000 and 50" JS8500, and sending both back because they really failed to impress--especially the stupid curve gimmick of the JS9000. I thought the curve might be good for PC use, but it turned out to cause a lot of issues like clouding, distortion, increased reflections, etc. A few months (maybe a year?) later, and the Sony is here and has left me with no regrets.

That's good to know about the curved monitors, thanks!

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
8. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 11:25 Cutter

Until Linux looks like and as is as easy to use as Windows it'll always remain niche.

News Comments > Five Free Games with Twitch Prime
4. Re: Five Free Games with Twitch Prime Apr 2, 2018, 11:23 Cutter

If you have to pay for something to get something else, it ain't free.

News Comments > April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup
2. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 12:12 Cutter

Thinkgeek one was good.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2018, 12:09 Cutter

Huh, relativity. I've felt the last three months have been crawling by.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 1, 2018, 12:08 Cutter

Won't someone think of the snowflakes!?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 31, 2018, 14:39 Cutter

Yeah but Myspace was a different kind of beast entirely from social media. It would be great is social media died entirely but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. At least until they label it as the danger it is and regulate it as it needs to be.

News Comments > Uwe Boll's Rampage
20. Re: Uwe Boll's Rampage Mar 31, 2018, 14:36 Cutter

This is just typical troll Boll looking for free publicity...and sadly getting it. He doesn't - and can't - own the rights to the word "rampage" and he knows it, ergo, trolling. Note the insult to Trump. He's hoping to sucker Trump in to a Twitter war to really ratchet up the free publicity.

15. removed Mar 30, 2018, 23:30 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 31, 2018, 09:15.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 30, 2018, 15:48 Cutter

Clearly Auton Vehicles are ready for public trials yet.

"“We price things as low as we can,” Apple CEO Tim Cook told Recode’s Kara Swisher in a post-event interview."

Thanks, Tim! That was the best laugh I've had in a while.

News Comments > Lethal Lawns: Competitive Mowing Bloodsport
3. Re: Lethal Lawns: Competitive Mowing Bloodsport Mar 30, 2018, 15:44 Cutter

Given what a religion lawn care - though it's really just an environmental nightmare - is in North America I'm only surprised more people don't try and tap into it through games.

28394 Comments. 1420 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo