Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27838 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2018, 17:18 Cutter

If people think it can't get worse than Trump they're dead wrong. And it's the elites both left and right that only have themselves to blame for it. Between the right trying to steal everything not nailed down and the left trying to forcibly shove PC bullshit down everyone else's throats something has to give. We saw the beginning of that sort of reaction with the assholes at G20 summits. Then Occupy. Then Trump. And it will continue. Yes those first two things don't line up with Trump but they're indicative of an unfolding pattern. Of history repeating itself. Study enough history and you've seen this played out a 1000 times before and you know exactly where it's headed and where it will end.

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 15, 2018, 17:00 Cutter

Yeah, and like almost everything else we get boned even harder on the same products up here. I've seen stuff lately that's double what it costs in the US - factoring in the exchange. Yeah, it doesn't cost that much to move it across the fucking border.

And my 8GB 470 I bought end of last April has been flaky so I want to RMA it but then I don't have card at all - old one died. And there's no way in hell I'm buying a new one, even bottom end would still be a waste of 50 bucks. So I'm trying to pressure ASUS into sending me a replacement first and telling them it's that or I never buy ASUS again.

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 15, 2018, 16:55 Cutter

Fion wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 11:46:
I really can't stand most 'hot people hospital' shows, let alone 'hot people cops' or 'hot people lawyers' shows. Granted, I also hate reality TV, so that makes about 9/10ths of all US television outside my interests.

It's like I always say, 'You know what there aren't enough of? Shows about cops, doctors, and lawyers.' Really, there lives just aren't that interesting. Where the hell are all the great quirky shows like Northern Exposure?

News Comments > Quantic Dream Denies Workplace Issues
4. Re: Quantic Dream Denies Workplace Issues Jan 15, 2018, 16:50 Cutter

Nut wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 14:19:
> Is there some legal reason that they have to deny reality?

Yeah it's called liability. It's the difference between being sued successfully or unsuccessfully. When you confess to a crime things generally don't go your way.

News Comments > Quantic Dream Denies Workplace Issues
3. Re: Quantic Dream Denies Workplace Issues Jan 15, 2018, 16:48 Cutter

Guillaume de Fondue?

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Story Trailer
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Story Trailer Jan 15, 2018, 16:46 Cutter

Art direction is amazeballs though.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2018, 11:00 Cutter

Amen, Dr. King. I always liked how the Beatles said it, "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make."

And man, that was some good football yesterday.

In this age of satellites, hacking, and drones, is there really still a need for a hypersonic spy aircraft? I'm sure given how insanely expensive they'll be that Boeing and the Air Force would argue they are.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2018, 20:24 Cutter

Holy shit what a game. I thought by the first half it was gonna be a blowout for the Vikes but that was one of the most intense 4th quarters I've ever seen. What a finish!

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2018, 18:32 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 16:08:
Sounds like they wanted to see what people would do, I don't buy the "wrong button" excuse. If it's politically motivated, what is it that you want to happen? War with North Korea, again?

I have to agree. One would presume there would be some sort of safeguards in place so that you can't just "accidentally" hit a button and set off a panic. I still remember when I was about 12 an air raid horn got set off in the neighborhood somehow and everyone was freaking out.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2018, 13:07 Cutter

Update before the coffee, Blue? They're, not their.

Enh, don't really care who wins this year so long as it's not the goddamned Cheatriots!

8. Re: 10 mile walk Jan 13, 2018, 18:14 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 13:52:
This happened a year or two back, itís not a recent story. Still awesome. Thatís a restaurant in Indianapolis called Papa Roux, and itís awesome Cajun food. Itís a long drive from my place but I still get down there now and again. I recently actually wondered if that kid still works there.

Amusingly, I clicked on the title saying ďthat same thing happened down by Papa Roux a couple years back!Ē aaaand it IS that story.

I've never been to Indianapolis. I might take a road trip down there this (late) spring and then head on up through Chi-town to Milwaukee (which I've always wanted to check out). Or I may just wait until the fall and football starts and continue right up to Green Bay for the pilgrimage to Lambeau and catch a Packers game.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2018, 18:12 Cutter

Capella wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 17:19:
RIP Keith you were the GOAT.

Getting old fucking sucks! Seems like everyone I enjoyed watching and listening to is passing away.

He was 89, man. It's not like he died prematurely.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2018, 20:25 Cutter

I think it's universally agreed that manslaughter isn't enough. Particularly given the fact this asshole is a serial offender having been nailed before for SWATing, calling in bomb threats, etc. And we have yet to hear about the guilty cop who killed him.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 12, 2018, 20:21 Cutter

Hey Bezos why don't you try treating your employees well first?

News Comments > Dakar 18 Announced
1. Re: Dakar 18 Announced Jan 12, 2018, 20:19 Cutter

Hrm, I could be interested in this. I would have loved to race in the original Paris-Dakar rally.

News Comments > Re-Legion Announced
1. Re: Re-Legion Announced Jan 12, 2018, 20:17 Cutter

Lol Blue! Nice one.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month
15. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 19:11 Cutter

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 15:46:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 15:33:
Nimh wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 14:27:
Has this game been flushed out? The beta was good but after a 20-30 hours you pretty much saw or did all that there was to be done. Still p2p instances for everything?

I just started it - without the season pass - and I'd say no in that case. Everything is still just combat/piracy, courier, or mine/trade. There's not even a lot to see. And of course it takes forever to get anywhere. Still can't see trade data for the stations in the same fucking system. In short it's all just grind as far as I can see. Take a look at what Egosoft is doing with X4 - due out this year - instead.
"Everything is still just combat/piracy, courier, or mine/trade"
What else is there? FPS combat?

"There's not even a lot to see."
What are you expecting to see except for ships, space stations and planets?

"And of course it takes forever to get anywhere"
Are you advocating fast travel?

"Still can't see trade data for the stations in the same fucking system"
There are online utilities for this, but I hear you.

The Horizons DLC will address some of your issues with "there's nothing to see", but it sounds like you've already moved on. That's fine, but I don't think your criticisms are fair or even good critiques. I could come up with a laundry list of crap that I'd like addressed, but none of it maps to what you are saying.

The needless tedium is the worst part of the game. I know they have their in-game reasons for a lot of it, but it's still just bullshit time sink game design. Jumping from system to system. I can land close to where I want to be? It always has to be the fucking sun? I can travel in multiples of C but somehow the technology to master this doesn't exist? Or I have to waste a ton of time just getting around a single system to go through yet more wasted time with all the requesting permission to dock, than the actual docking, than the player services, etc. etc. etc. I shouldn't have to rely on an external website to see trade date. I shouldn't have to go to each station physically to see what missions are there. And that's just the tip iceberg of all the things wrong with this game. Have you ever played any of the X games? That's how you do space games.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
137. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 19:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 17:41:
Being pro immigration doesn't mean you're pro "let everyone in"

Why do you need to be pro-immigration when there aren't enough jobs to go around as it is? Look at the abuse that's rampant out there saying there aren't enough qualified people to work in XYZ field when it's patently untrue. There's zero shortage of qualified workers and and a surplus of cheap labor employers who want people to work for nothing.

Min wage just went up to $14 an hour here and business owners are freaking out. There's been protests at Timmies because multi-millionaire and billionaire owners of some of the franchises slashed their benefits and are punishing the workers in all manner of ways. And they're complaining how unfair it is to them. Millionaires and billionaires complaining how hard done by they are. Are you fucking kidding me? That's the reality of what's going on. Sorry but our countries are full. They'll just have to figure out how to make it work wherever they live because things are still getting worse here without them adding to the woes. Where do you think we're going to be in 5? 10? 20? years from now with automation/AIs? Better or worse? I'm thinking a metric shit ton worse. The world's future looks rather grim at this point.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2018, 15:39 Cutter

Also just saw that a woman in Texas who ate oysters from the Gulf of Meheeko caught and died from that flesh eating disease. Jesus Christ it's getting bad out there. Eat an oyster or step in some monkey shit and you die.

And that's it? That surgeon only has to pay a small fine and do some community service? What an egomaniac.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month
6. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 15:33 Cutter

Nimh wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 14:27:
Has this game been flushed out? The beta was good but after a 20-30 hours you pretty much saw or did all that there was to be done. Still p2p instances for everything?

I just started it - without the season pass - and I'd say no in that case. Everything is still just combat/piracy, courier, or mine/trade. There's not even a lot to see. And of course it takes forever to get anywhere. Still can't see trade data for the stations in the same fucking system. In short it's all just grind as far as I can see. Take a look at what Egosoft is doing with X4 - due out this year - instead.

27838 Comments. 1392 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo