Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26125 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2017, 12:07 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 02:00:
Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 00:22:
Glenmorangie Lasanta has always been my whisky of choice.

We can't get it here. Send me a case?

What do you mean you can't get it there. You're in America, you get everything.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 28, 2017, 12:04 Cutter

What difference does it make if they can't crack your phone. Don't open it and you're in contempt and will rot in prison until you do. Big Brother has all the angles covered.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2017, 12:03 Cutter

sauron wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 11:46:
Planet Earth II is “need a new TV” propaganda—if you get the right version.

I haven't seen the 4k version of Planet Earth II, but I've watched a few episodes in 1080HD. It's the best wildlife show I've ever seen, bar none, and I've made a point of watching a lot of them over the years. Very recommended. It is absolutely stunning.

Agreed. I've looked at the 4Ks in the store and I really just don't care about visual fidelity that much. I've watched this on my 5 year old 36" 1080P and I'm fine with that. And yes, it's a mind-blowing doc.

News Comments > Mafia III Demo and DLC Released
4. Re: Mafia III Demo and DLC Released Mar 28, 2017, 11:59 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 10:21:
Are they hoping the demo will generate more sales? Seem kind of desperate.
I will check it out, but I doubt I will buy the game. I didn't hear too many good things about it.
Metacritic looks pretty fugly for this one too.

That was my first thought too given how badly it's been panned. And they're not doing themselves any favors with the pricing. $80 for the regular game and $104 for the deluxe? Fucking lol!

6. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2017, 00:22 Cutter

Glenmorangie Lasanta has always been my whisky of choice.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. removed Mar 27, 2017, 17:29 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 27, 2017, 17:43.

News Comments > RUNNING WITH RIFLES: PACIFIC Announced
2. Re: RUNNING WITH RIFLES: PACIFIC Announced Mar 27, 2017, 15:25 Cutter

Eton Rifles by The Jam, great tune!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2017, 12:51 Cutter

Yeah it's rainy and cool but at least it's climbing. The 14 day doesn't look much better with everything in the 5-10C range. Still consistent positives are a good thing. One thing I like about the Weather Network's site is how they show the historical highs and lows for the day. In 1996 the record low here was -12 degrees and in 1998 it was a whopping 23 degrees, wow! Wish we had some of that right now.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 27, 2017, 12:32 Cutter

That's aggravatingly short on details. All it says is the driver of the other vehicle failed to yield. So why didn't the auton swerve away at the last second? Suspending everything for a full investigation is warranted by the sounds of it.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
5. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta Mar 27, 2017, 12:23 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 12:17:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 11:53:
Jesus. That looks....terrible.

Don't think anyone cares how it "looks" considering how stupidly entertaining Chivalry was.

No, it looks terrible.

Edit: Yeah it's not showing up as free for me either.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2017, 12:43.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 22:09 Cutter

Re: the portion sizes. I meant US sizes have always been larger relative to the rest of the world. I still remember the first time I went to a Dennys. My folks took me and my cuz to Disney World for the 1976 bicentennial celebrations - it was awesome. And we were all flabbergasted when our food arrived and started looking around at other people's stuff. Ever since it's always been really evident. Not so much in better upscale places but chains for sure.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 22:00 Cutter

saluk wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 19:42:
I can't even make it to the end of the first season. The puzzle of the show is intriguing, but actually watching an episode I find really boring. Characters are not interesting, dialog is poor and unmemorable.

I've made it 5 or 6 which is more than I usually give something I find so dull.

Huh, it's one of the few series I found immensely enjoyable. It's nice to see a modern show with some intelligence involved in it. A lot of the series folks around here talk about I just don't get the draw for them. Conversely I found Tom Hardy's Taboo painfully boring. I love his work, but that series just blows.

I was going to check out Iron Fist but I felt severely misled by the title and was hoping it was something entirely different. Hi-o! Biker

Haven't caught up with this season of Black Sails yet but I like that series so far. Yarr!

And the new Star Trek is coming this fall. I sincerely doubt it won't suck but we may get lucky.

I may watch The Santa Clarita Diet simply for Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant. Anyone watched it?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 21:20 Cutter

Slick wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 17:54:
It's hard to sympathise with Lexmark, as they chose a path that drove down the inial cost of their printing hardware to make more money down the road through ink cartridge gauging.

The rough math is about 4.5mL of ink costs about $30, which makes it over $5000 USD per pound.

Now they can't put the genie back into the bottle, competitors have similar printer hardware for just as cheap (often under $100), so charging a fair price for what the hardware is worth is out of the question.

ergo, fuckem. They've made their bed. And fuck them twice for thinking that people can't use their own ink. You're not leasing the printer from the, you bought it.

I can only imagine this legal case turning out very very bad for lots of consumers going forward. I might be mistaken, but I think that it would essentially overrule any "right-to-repair" legislation trying to be passed at the state level, as they can tell you exactly how you're supposed to use the product, and any other way is illegal.

far-reaching consequences indeed.

The one upside is right-to-repair has really come to the forefront across all spectrums. I'd imagine before too long companies will have to acquiesce or go bankrupt. There was a farmer who wrote a good piece on it and all the shit going on with John Deere and how farmers are abandoning them in droves to buy from companies that don't do that shit. As this issue gets more press I expect it to gain more traction going forward. Hell, it could be a good marketing tool if your company states it supports your right to repair or modify their products because you own it!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 16:33 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 13:55:
it seems we had more leftovers when we were done that we had food to start with.

Yeah, restaurant portion size in the USA is just ridiculous these days. You basically receive a days worth of calories in a single meal.

It's always been that way as long as I remember it.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 16:25 Cutter

Exactly. And the retailers are complicit too. They should be required to tell prospective customers that they're not actually buying a product but merely renting it.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 01:41 Cutter

I don't give a shit what you identify as. I'll call you Twinkletoes if it makes you happy. However, if you can't have a child because you lack a womb for it to gestate in than sorry but you're a male. You want to be a chick? Cool beans. Wanting something, however, does not make it so. I wanted to be starting QB for the Packers. Life had other plans in store. So I may identify as a Superbowl winning quarterback but I'm still not regardless of how much I want it.

There is no such thing as gender neutral, you're one or the other. How you identify is entirely up to you. Just don't expect everyone else to respect your choice because they owe you nothing. So long as they don't hinder your choice they're free to disregard it as is their wont. Tolerance is NOT acceptance.

Personally I've always come down on the side of Stephen Stills, if you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one your with.

13. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2017, 13:10 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 10:26:
I'm going to make a rare exception to my rule not to enter political discussions. But when it invades water-bear space that's it...

People keep falling for the dems vs repubs shell game. It is all about entrenched Washington DC culture vs the rest of the country. The actions of these hypocrite republicans who voted over and over to repeal the ACA when they knew a veto was assured proves it. If congress was put under the ACA you'd see them singing a different tune. If the ACA is good enough for the rest of the country why should congress be exempt?

The folks glibly suggesting impeachment remind me way too much of the folks who ignited the Civil War following the election of Lincoln. We do NOT want to repeat that horror.

Yes, but the Dems - whilst still evil - are measurably less evil than the GOP. That's just a fact, like death and taxes. It's not even close in who's better for the people on the whole and who's better for the elites/big biz/military-industrial.

9. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2017, 09:57 Cutter

Unless they have unequivocal proof and can charge him with treason the GOP will do everything they can to bury it and protect themselves. It'll simply be Nixon all over again. At the very least it could make for a huge shakeup in congressional elections next year - which is absolutely needed. America desperately needs to pull out of this nosedive.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
57. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 09:52 Cutter

It was doomed to fail and amazingly enough it was because of all those GOP voters in the Rust Belt. They've been turning out in droves at town meetings castigating their reps and warning them not to fuck with the ACA. Everything else has gone to shit but at least now they have some basic healthcare, even they're not that dumb to let the GOP rob them of them of that now that they have it.

7. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 23:58 Cutter

Yeah, reckoned it had to be them. They're hands down the most amazing creatures on the planet, bar none.

26125 Comments. 1307 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo