Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26894 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
7. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 23:29 Cutter

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:43:
Haven't we gotten past games where you just spam your weapom for hours? Man, the vid game industry is way overdue for a total crash. That will be the only thing that can revive this mess!

My thoughts exactly. I just don't get the draw of these hamster wheel grind games. All companies like Blizzard, Ubisoft, et al. are just producing grind games. Wow, Density, Borderlands, Almost every game by Ubisoft, just grinding on the treadmill to level up loot or something else equally or even weaker - rep, etc.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2017, 19:47 Cutter

The judge erred and MS will win this on appeal, wait and see. His analogy is flawed because businesses are, legally, quasi-public spaces. They can refuse admittance and service whenever they so choose. And if you persist in trying to enter or further harass said business at this point you'll end up with trespass and/or harassment charge and injunction that you have to stay away from said business/property.

It should always be a situation of 'my house, my rules'. Don't like it? Fine, take your business someplace else but you don't have the right to come into my place and steal my stuff when you've been barred explicitly. They shouldn't have to go extreme measures to ensure this. It would be akin to the police not doing their job and telling the store owner to put in an expensive security system and hire security personnel for the express purpose of doing what the police are already well paid to do. That dog just won't hunt.

News Comments > Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released
1. Re: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released Aug 15, 2017, 19:36 Cutter

$40 for a poorly drawn and animated graphic novel? Cash grab, anyone?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
1. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 19:14 Cutter

Meh.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
1. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 15, 2017, 19:12 Cutter

$70 for that?!?! Effing lol!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2017, 16:41 Cutter

Creston wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 15:53:
Also, it's in, what, season 7 or 8 now or so? Your staff gets tired, your actors get bored, everything starts feeling stale. Better to finish on a high note than to just drag it out endlessly where everyone is just collecting a paycheck.

It's a 7 episode season! How the fuck can they be bored when the actual work involved for most of them is a couple of weeks at best. For the money those assholes make I'd be more than happy to be that kind of bored. It reminds me of Michael Caine's famous quote about the paycheck work he did on Jaws 3....

I have never seen it. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2017, 12:58 Cutter

I think The Dude summed it up pretty well when he said, "Fuck it."

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 15, 2017, 12:35 Cutter

The bill, known as the "Building America's Trust Act," is authored by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.).

Boy, the GOP sure does love giving antithetical titles to their bills, don't they?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 15, 2017, 12:31 Cutter

More public posturing from evil hypocritical CEOs of evil corporations. How typical.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 15, 2017, 12:25 Cutter

Wow that sounds like just awful fanfic.

News Comments > Johnny Depp Co-Producing The Secret World TV Show
2. Re: Johnny Depp Co-Producing The Secret World TV Show Aug 15, 2017, 12:24 Cutter

Yeah except it happened 5 years ago which means it's dead in the water. This is just more desperate blather in hopes of attracting people to their dying game.

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
8. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 15, 2017, 12:20 Cutter

And this why marketing departments are nothing but a waste of time and money.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2017, 22:13 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 21:05:
Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 20:29:
Yet Google has zero problem with engaging in censorship in order to placate the Chinese govt in order to do business. I'm so sick of this corporate hypocrisy.

Google, for all of their numerous faults and datamining, is still a private company and can refuse to host anyone at any time. Nazis can always try to find another web host. This is not censorship.

Private company != Government, all interconnections and dealings aside.

And this isn't hypocritical how exactly? They're posturing at home because it's publicly unpopular yet they do business all over the world with people who are just as bad or worse than the Nazis they're banning. I never said Google was censoring anyone, I said they do business with governments that do and they aid them in that capacity, so yes, they're giant hypocritical douchnozzles that don't give a shit about whether people are fascists or not, only if they can get away with and make a profit or not. And that just gets on my tits to no end.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 14, 2017, 20:34 Cutter

Deadlight is free on GOG for the next 36 hours as of this posting!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2017, 20:29 Cutter

Yet Google has zero problem with engaging in censorship in order to placate the Chinese govt in order to do business. I'm so sick of this corporate hypocrisy.

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend
3. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend Aug 14, 2017, 20:25 Cutter

Darks wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 19:32:
Is anyone even still playing this piece of shit game? I know I dont, gave up on it long ago. To much Grind!

Grind is all Ubisoft does. I just like the environment for the game.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 20:23 Cutter

And you don't understand there is no fucking sentimental value attached to the Parliament buildings. I would bet you any amount of money that if you ran polls all over London and/or England tomorrow it would likely be close to 100% that people would say scrap it and build something better and much more cost effective.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 20:20 Cutter

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 19:23:
Nothing is "free". Windows 10 spies on you and collects information, whether you try to disable it or not, and reports it back to Microsoft. The next Windows probably won't even come with a license and it'll be rented to you as a "service" and some of it will run on the cloud and even more information will be logged and sent to Microsoft (and undoubtedly government spy agencies).

I'll stick to Windows 7 for as long as I'm able to on my gaming rig. I value what little privacy I have left for as long as I'm able to keep it.

Agreed. The next step will probably be just a PC with Windows for gaming alone and all my work and personal stuff on a Linux laptop that I can actually keep private.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2017, 20:17 Cutter

Oh dear lord. Seriously? I thought that was one of those SNL fake commercials for the first half of it. That has to be thee most useless gadget ever.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 15:55 Cutter

There is no shortage of old and ancient buildings throughout Europe. While Londoners may be sentimental about Big Ben I seriously doubt any of them would object to seeing Parliament demolished and replaced with something far better. If it saves taxpayers money in the long run they'll always be for it. And let's not forget those buildings are paid for by the majority of people in a nation that never see them or use them, so why waste their money needlessly when they need it a great deal more in their own communities. What private companies do with their own money is their business, what governments do with our money is our business.

26894 Comments. 1345 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo