Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25101 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 11:04 Cutter

"Whitey's on the moon." - Gil Scott Heron.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Linux
1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Linux Nov 3, 2016, 11:03 Cutter

Another platform? Shouldn't that be multiplied in that case? Huh? Huh? Huh? Thanks you, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 2, 2016, 21:09 Cutter

Can hackers be stopped? Not so long as the execs only view computer security as an impediment to the bottom line and their bonuses.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
1. Re: Take-Two Financials Nov 2, 2016, 21:01 Cutter

And had they ported RDR for the PC they could have added many more millions to that bottom line. Way to pass up easy money, fellas.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. removed Nov 2, 2016, 18:44 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 2, 2016, 21:09.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2016, 16:06 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 14:45:
Watch some big pharma corporation patent and market Zika as male birth control.

If it works, super. My cousin just spent a month in prison for non-suport. And not minimum security either, but max. And when you go to prison for it - at least here - it doesn't even count toward the debt, which makes it even harder to deal with. That's just fucking insane. And all because of a drunken one night stand. Dudes hate condoms, plain and simple. If you could take a shot or pill and not have to worry about that yeah, I'm pretty sure the world would beat a path to that pharmaceutical's door.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2016, 13:09 Cutter

Studies Linked to Soda Industry Mask Health Risks.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2016, 13:02 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 12:58:
There's a lot of discussion about vote selling on Ars in regards to the ballot selfie law, which I think are valid points. My concerns, however, are more for the privacy of other individuals voting than people choosing to share how they voted. If people are allowed to have their phones out taking pictures, it is much harder for the poll workers to monitor what people are taking pictures of than whether or not they have a phone out. Presumably it would be legal to take a picture of yourself, but not of other voters. At what point does the right to free speech get to infringe on other people's right to a secret ballot?

It should be noted I'm part of the "just put your fucking phone away" brigade so my views on this topic are probably biased

You;'re in a public place, you're allowed to be photographed, end of discussion.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 2, 2016, 13:00 Cutter

Want to get arrested and go to jail for wiretapping? Just follow the advice in that idiotic article.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2016, 21:59 Cutter

Or you could just do what most chefs do and use stainless steel pans. They're a hell of a lot lighter, just as durable, and don't take anywhere remotely close to the same amount effort to use, clean, or maintain them. Stainless steel does everything cast iron does and there's zero problem with acidic foods either. Cast iron was great...for the pioneers...where durability was the overriding factor - and they didn't have access to lighter, stronger metals anyway, but there's zero reason to use them today.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 1, 2016, 21:34 Cutter

Fucking USPTO. Rolleyes

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game
1. Re: Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game Nov 1, 2016, 21:23 Cutter

Well the only tiers in that area are $33 or $45 so you have to pledge at least $45US - $60CDN. Seeing as Dragonfall has already been on sale for the low, low price of $3.39CDN it's really not much of a deal, is it? Yeah, pass thanks.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2016, 15:23 Cutter

I am Gunnar-man and I know what's happening,
I am, I am, I am Gunnar-man and I can do anything....

News Comments > Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships
15. Re: Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships Nov 1, 2016, 15:20 Cutter

They would have been far smarter to put a naked Erika Eleniak in it. Biker

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
13. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 15:08 Cutter

ItBurn wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 14:50:
I finished the first game, but it was definitely a bit boring in parts. It's a solid game, but there's always something preventing it from being great. I think it's because it tries to be too many things. I loved the dark magic and Cthulhu style horror theme, but it's never really explored. Get us into sunken ruins already.

Same. It was decent, but definitely on the meh'ish side for me. Once I was done I had zero urge to ever replay it or grab this one. Guess I'll snag it when it hits the bargain bin.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2016, 15:59 Cutter

For a bartender with "30 years" experience he sure seems confused about bartending.

"Ordering a drink "up" is the correct way to order if you want your whiskey chilled and served in a martini glass."

No, it's not. Up is chilled alright but you still have to select the appropriate glassware for it. So for vodka, whisky, etc. it would be a rocks glass - small or large as you prefer. And while Manhattans can and are made up, it's rare - and disgusting - on the rocks is always better.

Most bars don't use highballs anymore unless they do a lot of specialty drinks like Long Island Iced Teas. Cape Cods, and mixed drink is easier and better in a rocks glass.

And no a "water back" is not a glass of water, it's a mini carafe of distilled room temperature water.

"Shaken or Stirred? Since "up" drinks are most often chilled before pouring, which is the best for you?"

Wrong. Shaken drinks are shaken when the ingredients are going to be cloudy regardless if you stir them or not. Clear cocktails are always stirred - martinis being the exception - cloudy are shaken. Cocktail guru Robert Hess illustrates the difference....

Stirred vs. Shaken

It honestly makes me wonder where this guy was working for 30 years to get most of the job wrong. Ultimately most bartenders could care less. So long as you're cool and tip well I'll make in a shoe if that's what makes you happy. The only time it really matters is when we're really busy. Nothing pisses off a bartender more than some yo-yo who doesn't know what they want when asked and people are lined up 3 deep at the bar.

'Whaddya want?'

'Hrm, I'm not really sure.'

'OK, see you in 5 minutes than.'

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2016, 15:25 Cutter

Lay blame where it belongs, the USPTO.

"Today, he believes any company that sends out an e-mail notification about a shipment owes him money."

Yet another idiotic "on a computer" patent. Ever had a delivery when you weren't home and they leave a notification saying when they'll drop it off or where you can pick it up? Yeah, that's been around for-fucking-ever now.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 31, 2016, 15:15 Cutter

Monster pr0n? The Japs already have that covered.

News Comments > Game Key Delays Addressed
2. Re: Game Key Delays Addressed Oct 31, 2016, 15:13 Cutter

Rhett wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:58:
Guess it was a preorder snafu, as I just bought Titanfall 2 from them and redeemed immediately.. hmm.

No, this is commonplace with GMG. Just another reason I stopped using them a few years ago now.

News Comments > Origin Coming Back to Myanmar
4. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 15:11 Cutter

Again, I'd like to know why EA did this but not Steam or Uplay.

25101 Comments. 1256 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo