Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28838 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Jun 23, 2018, 23:07 Cutter

Really amped for this. Please be good.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
13. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 23:05 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 22:56:
It sounds to me like you guys are just trying to scam people out of two million dollars.

That's probably it. Can't imagine the property is worth anything remotely close to that. Or ever would be even if they won it all and got a game made. And even if they raised the money and won how the hell could they afford to make a game anyway? Yeah, sounds pretty scammy all around.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2018, 13:45 Cutter

Always pisses me off how NASA manipulates images to make them way more interesting than they really are. That aside, they should pair it with PUSA - Little Blue Dune Buggy.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 23, 2018, 13:36 Cutter

What we were just saying yesterday about how "addiction" means money. There ya go.

Most people who work in chain restos are just passing through on their way to other jobs or careers so I really don't have a whole lot of sympathy. The service is generally terrible in those places to begin with because of A) bad management/ownership b) those aforementioned servers don't really care about product and service and it shows.

There's no shortage of good independent places to work if you're serious about making money in hospitality but it takes effort and knowledge. You need to learn about food, wine/ales/spirits. You go into any chain resto and test your server on product knowledge and they generally don't know squat, whereas in the good places they'll generally always have good to exceptional knowledge. No different from any other industry in that you make more money by what you know than what you do.

These jobs are order taking jobs, glorified fast food really. In good restos it's a sales job. Your check averages determine the money you make so if you're not selling you're not going to last. I'd always upsell the shit out of everything. Martini? You want Ketel or Grey Goose? They ask for a couple of glasses of house red? 'You know what, it's passable but not very good. For two bucks more more I have a lovely little Burgundy that's similar but so much better. It's the difference between something you'll just drink and something you'll really enjoy.' 'Having the filet? Want to do some surf'n'turf with maybe some shrimp or lobster?' 99% of the time? Sold.

And the chick complaining about the sexism of having to wear skimpy clothes? Yeah, well I don't see her complaining about them not hiring any dudes front of house. I can't even count over the years how many places I applied to when I was looking for a gig and got 'We don't hire males front of house.' No they never complain about that. Or the ageism until they hit 30 plus and they're no longer wanted by those same shitty places. So, no, no sympathy.

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
5. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 13:19 Cutter

2 million bucks? Hahaha! Yeah good luck with that. Case is an obvious loser otherwise they'd have had no problem finding a lawyer to take it pro bono. I imagine they've been told that by plenty of lawyers too. I doubt they'll even raise 1% of that. And rightfully so. These clowns need to learn to let go, shut the fuck up, and just move on already. Jesus, the IP isn't even worth.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2018, 23:20 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 21:53:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 21:01:
Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 20:23:
Yeah because the WHO doesn't have it's share of shills looking to increase sales and profits for their friends and themselves, right?

Sales of what? Recovery products for ex-gamers?

Expensive therapists, gaming anonymous, gaming addiction centers...

If you don't think these things exist and someone is profiting, well, you suck at Google.

Exactly. Pills, therapy, rehab, etc. Same as the way any other addict is treated. When they formalize it they incentivize it.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2018, 20:23 Cutter

Yeah because the WHO doesn't have it's share of shills looking to increase sales and profits for their friends and themselves, right?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2018, 20:20 Cutter

Yeah a lot of games seem like they're just not going below a certain price point regardless of their age. Oh well, their loss. Cause there's only a certain price I'm willing to go on them and that ain't it.

News Comments > MechWarrior Lawsuit Settled
3. Re: MechWarrior Lawsuit Settled Jun 22, 2018, 20:18 Cutter

I don't recall this Robotech cartoon but I did watch a lot of Battle of the Planets.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2018, 12:32 Cutter

The fact that was only a 5-4 vote is even more deeply troubling. It should have been unanimous.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2018, 19:08 Cutter

And using the code RED10 on Fanatical saves you an additional 10 points.

News Comments > Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale
6. Re: Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale Jun 21, 2018, 19:00 Cutter

As a heads-up Fanatical is doing a lot of matching sales on their site plus if you use the code RED10 it gives you an additional 10% off. I just snagged Conan Exiles from Fanatical and saved 3 bucks over the Steam sale price. The code applies to all games as far as I can tell.

As for the Steam sale so far, meh. Looked at my wishlist and nothing is still anywhere close to what I'm willing to pay for said title. I'd really like the XCOM 2 expansion but it's still above $30 on sale and that's just ridiculous for what it is. Some of the other stuff I want to try like Surviving Mars is still too pricey to warrant the risk as I may not like it.

Hey Darks is your Conan server still going?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2018, 15:31 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 14:57:
Open question:

I'm looking for an example of a movie in which the hero was getting his ass kicked, realized he needed to change his strategy, and did so and won.

There are a few billion of these, but I can't think of any. The better known it is, the better. In case anyone has one off the top of their head.

Virtually any action movie from the 80s. Isn't that the reason the montage was created? The Rocky films, et al. Batman Dark Knight Rises is the best recent example I can think of where Bane kicks his ass the first time they fight.

"You fight like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken."

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 11:58 Cutter

Humans can control robots with brainwaves eh? So than the reverse may end up being true as well, neh?

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2018, 23:22 Cutter

How the Koch Brothers Are Killing Public Transit Projects Around the Country

Just wow. And people think Trump is bad. If they only knew about all the shit these assholes do on a daily basis.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 14:40 Cutter

In Ontario pot will be sold in the LCBO only (Liquor Control Board Ontario - i.e. government run booze stores). So it'll be overpriced and overtaxed meaning most people will still continue to grow their own or buy it on the black market/from their regular dealers.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. removed Jun 20, 2018, 14:35 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 20, 2018, 19:46.

News Comments > The Guild 3 Developer Change
1. Re: The Guild 3 Developer Change Jun 20, 2018, 14:26 Cutter

Ugh, that does not bode well. And wtf is with all the commas? Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the exclamation points!

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2018, 21:58 Cutter

A teen-oriented series set at Starfleet Academy from Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz, the duo behind the recent Dynasty reboot and Marvel’s Runaways adaptation.

Wow sounds just super!!!
Wry

Trek is done, man. No way CBS will ever make real Trek again. In the words of Col. Trautman to John Rambo, "It's over, Johnny! It's over!"

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2018, 21:49 Cutter

That may sound fairly hyperbolic, but over 70 experts — including World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales — have criticized the proposal, saying it will turn the internet into “a tool for the automated surveillance and control of its users.”

And that's different from the internet of today how exactly?

28838 Comments. 1442 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo