Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 24583 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Valley Released
1. Re: Valley Released Aug 24, 2016, 22:20 Cutter

Looks kinda coo, but hella overpriced for what's really a 2 or 3 hour tech demo.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 18:36 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 17:31:
Been using an XFX PSU for quite a few years now. Frankly the brand isn't near as important as the OEM the unit is based upon, with the brand really only impacting the warranty. Just consult The Tom's Hardware PSU Tier List to make sure your potential PSU uses quality Japanese components.

After all things considered - and there were many - I went with the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Power Supply. Which looks to be about best in class for the price point and the gold standard. All the reviews say it's the bomb, so sold. I grabbed it here for $145 and got a $15 MIR so not bad. It's gonna cost me $30 to RMA my Thermaltake but at least I'll have a spare for the future.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2016, 15:26 Cutter

No I mean they shouldn't be permitted to do it in the first place because inevitably someone sues and wins and then they have to stop doing what they nev er should have done to begin with and meantime a whole bunch of time and tax dollars have been needlessly wasted that could be going to more important things. It should work like...

CBP to Congress: Hi! Can we do XYZ?
Congress to CBP: Hell no, that's illegal as fuck! Ask some dumb shit like that again and you're fired!

It'd put an end to these sorts of shenanigans PDQ.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 12:40 Cutter

So I pulled my rig apart last night, cleaned and reseated everything and after a pile of testing I'm 99% certain it's my PSU at this point. In fact I think it's been a problem since day one now. I originally RMA'd my first card because only one fan was working so I naturally assumed it was the card. It's the same problem with this one. Also the fan on the PSU isn't working either. So I'lll be looking at getting a replacement today and then see if it's worth RMA'ing this thing to get a replacement as a spare. I just looked at Thermaltake's replacement policy and I'm duly unimpressed. Had I known I wouldn't have bought from them to begin with.

So all the recs and reviews I see seem to be people saying stick with EVGA or Corsair, so any comments in that respect? Also how much does the 80 plus bronze/silver/gold/etc. jive matter when considered with cost? Lastly I ran Coolmaster's PSU test and they said I only actually need about 350-400W, so I may step down from a 750 to a 650 or 550 - as my next vid card will be an RX 480 that means I'll need even less power.

Thanks!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2016, 12:31 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 07:48:
Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 23:20:
Agreed. The state of journalism has become deplorable over the last few decades. It's virtually all editorializing and scandal and e-tainment now. It used to be just about the facts. Most of it was quite dry, but it also fell in line with the public's right to know. The public has a right - and a need - to know if a serial killer is on the loose in their hometown. They do not, however, need to know who's schtuping who. Why does the public need to know that? If I had my way, rules would be a hell of a lot tighter for all news organizations. Christ, just look at post 9/11 when the so-called objective media was cheerleading Bushco's drum beat for war. Too many people have had their lives ruined, or even lost, because of irresponsible media. So yes, good riddance to bad rubbish like Gawker.

WTF, Cutter. If you want stricter rules for the press, move to Russia. It's not hard to find countries out their that limit freedom of the press. If you find that so fucking attractive, move.

Bonus: Game prices and vodka are hella cheaper in Russia than in Canada.

Oh give me a fucking break. I dearly hope you and your get fucked over by the media someday simply because they think screwing you over is a great way to make some money and then see how you feel. As far as I'm concerned the press shouldn't have a fucking right to anything. People's right to privacy trumps theirs any day. So if you hate people's right to privacy so much then YOU move to fucking Russia where they don't have any. At least in America that's still considered a reasonable expectation.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2016, 12:26 Cutter

Uh 4th Amendment anyone? I never understand how these agencies can just do stuff like this and not get smacked down immediately for it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2016, 23:20 Cutter

mag wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 22:54:
Saboth wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 21:29:
The Gawker situation was deplorable. I visit a lot of progressive blogs, and it was shocking how many people considered it to be only a nasty gossip blog. True, it did have stories like that, and the readership was really upset at the Hogan and Thiel stories when they were published. However, Hogan getting 140 million was probably one of the worst judgements I've heard of. True, his career was harmed because the spotlight was shone on him, but that wasn't because of the sex tape. He fell out of favor due to his racist rants that became public. That's when he was dropped and no one would touch him with a 10 foot pole. The fact a millionaire or even a group of millionaires can come together to put a news organization out of business with frivolous lawsuits should be frightening to everyone.

Nick Denton, (edit: former) owner of Gawker, is a fantastically wealthy man, and he had no trouble siccing his highly-paid lawyers on anyone smaller than him when they had issues with Gawker. He just finally poked a bigger fish in Thiel.

Agreed. The state of journalism has become deplorable over the last few decades. It's virtually all editorializing and scandal and e-tainment now. It used to be just about the facts. Most of it was quite dry, but it also fell in line with the public's right to know. The public has a right - and a need - to know if a serial killer is on the loose in their hometown. They do not, however, need to know who's schtuping who. Why does the public need to know that? If I had my way, rules would be a hell of a lot tighter for all news organizations. Christ, just look at post 9/11 when the so-called objective media was cheerleading Bushco's drum beat for war. Too many people have had their lives ruined, or even lost, because of irresponsible media. So yes, good riddance to bad rubbish like Gawker.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 23, 2016, 23:14 Cutter

Poor little bastard got lucky. Amazing when he first jumps on the boat how you see the one orca just sitting there underwater a few feet away just waiting. As I've mentioned before I saw them a fair amount when I lived on the west coast and sailed regularly. That includes the one close encounter where one surfaced maybe 6 feet away from me as I was sitting on the rail and with legs in the water and we were heeled over at 30 degrees doing 5 knots. Almost pooped my pants. I don't think I ever jumped up so fast or so well considering the position I was in. I was like a ninja cat. He was looking right at me and I could almost swear he was smirking. They are huge, powerful, scary animals up close.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 23, 2016, 19:56 Cutter

The ACLU is backing him, though, and there is a serious issue at hand: police should not get to selectively edit and editorialize footage that could then poison the jury pool.

And they're right. It's evidence, not America's Funniest Home videos. The police should most certainly not be allowed to do that. That makes it far to easy to color perceptions against people to obtain a conviction or protect bad cops.

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
21. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 19:08 Cutter

Yeah, it's just a streaming service. So you'll need to buy the adapter, the controller, and pay a sub and possibly more per game. Ummm no thanks.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 15:59 Cutter

All the usual stuff is ok, drivers, system temps, etc. Yeah, could be the PSU but I doubt it as it's less than 2 years old. It's a gold rated Thermaltake 750W PSU. All diagnotic software shows voltages as normal, but under load could be something else entirely. Anyone know of any PSU software that will test load? PSU testers are cheap but they don't test load, do they? How the hell do you test to see if it's the PSU without needlessly buying another one?

I have found something interesting however. I snagged Furmak to run a stress test and it can handle the 720P test fine, but as soon as I start the 1080p test, it resets the system. Did it 3 times in a row now and it resets each time.

The card GPU after the 720 test was 69C which is on the hotter side and the fan only showed 51%. So maybe it's a cooling issue with the card. This is actually a refurbished Sapphire 7950. The first card I had to RMA because one of the fans failed and they replaced it with this - which is why I'll never buy from those fuckers again. I'll get the case up on the desk and physcially inspect the card later to see if both fans are running.

So at this point I'm thinking it really has to be the card or the PSU. At least the PSU has a 5 year warranty so I'll see what the good people at Thermaltake have to say.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 14:39 Cutter

Can a video card force a system reset? My card is definitely long in the tooth now - 7790 - and recently when I've been playing games that are graphics intensive the system will simply reboot. It doesn't happen with less intensive games - Wolfenstein will reboot the system within 30 mins, but I can play Civ 5 all night.

Memtested the RAM and it's fine - supposedly and it's only a year old so I seriously doubt it's it. CPU and CPU fan are new too - less than a year - and running in the 50'ish C is fine too. The card I got 3 years ago, and is technically 4 years old anyway. All the other case fans - 3 of them - and general temps seem to be operating nominally. So I suspect the card may be overheating, but I don't recall ever seeing how that would force a system reset and only seen a few threads in that respect out there on Toms and the like.

I was planning on grabbing an RX 480 soon at any rate, but I may have to do it sooner than later if this is the case. Thoughts?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 13:30 Cutter

Yeah, I prolly watched about 30 mins in total and that was because I was flaked out on the couch nursing a hangover. Then again I've never been much interested in watching any sport except football.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 13:21 Cutter

You can expect most of those downloads are from casual gamers who want to see what all the hype is about. So they try it for a week or two, end up going 'Meh' and dumping it.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 22, 2016, 19:49 Cutter

Speak to me of BP. Is it worth it for $20?

Edit: NM it's been on sale for $5 before so no.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month Aug 22, 2016, 19:39 Cutter

Love the TB combat. The rest of the game was meh. Just really unfocused, too large and spawling. Everytime I had to take a break from the game and come back to it I was completely lost in where I was going and what I was doing so had to start over and by the third time I just couldn't bother. Let's hope this game is a lot tighter and better focused.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Tempest
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Tempest Aug 22, 2016, 19:37 Cutter

Jesus that looks awful. From the shity music to the shity copy, it seems like this game was designed and made by several 15 year olds with ADD.

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
4. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 19:33 Cutter

Occulus is fucked anyway you slice it. John-boy must be kicking himself for jumping on board with OR only to have it snapped up by FB.

News Comments > Allison Road Revived
1. Re: Allison Road Revived Aug 22, 2016, 19:29 Cutter

A rock road? A road where they rock?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 17:34 Cutter

Retired wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 11:28:
NASA's Curiosity rover captures 360-degree panorama of Mars.

I think an iPhone can take a better 360. Should have just attached an iPhone to the rover....

Not knowing S from shinola.....is there a reason we went to Mars? We knew nothing was there.....maybe go elsewhere? At this point just seems like nerds jerking it over some pics of dirt.

Well there could be loads of reasons for corporations to go - mining, etc. - but it should be privately funded, not publicly funded, as always. That's the the problem with the laissez-faire capitalists who feel that profits should be private but losses and costs should be public.

Of course things could always pan out like Total Recall, which would be kinda cool. I mean chicks with 3 titties?

24583 Comments. 1230 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo