Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25851 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2017, 21:46 Cutter

It has to be a stiff enough fine to prevent anyone from filing a illegitimate claim. Even for actual rights-holders it should stop and give them pause. Most of those claims go up against Fair Use. A lot of people/corps are simply trying to shut down anything whatsoever related to their ownership if they're not getting paid and that's not right. So yeah, I'd say 5K for the first false claim is a good start and it should double automatically for each subsequent false claim. That'd put and end to this nonsense PDQ.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Adding 10% GST in AU
25. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 19:35 Cutter

Darks wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 15:31:
Yea, you say that up until the enemy shows up in your back yard and you cant do a damn thing about it. Its called preventive measures. Always be prepared no matter what!

Yeah, and that sort of institutional paranoia - which is common for Americans in a way they don't understand themselves - that continually allows the MIC to keep fleecing people like you. Jesus Christ, man! Eisenhower warned the American public about that very thing when he left office!

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 22, 2017, 19:12 Cutter

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 13:47:
What the shit, AMD? I thought you'd been saying you were looking to get market share back, and would price accordingly.

And then you charge $329 for your cheapest processor?

Yeah, and their Intel counterpart CPUs cost double what these do, so it's a huge bargain.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 22, 2017, 15:24 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 13:12:
Then a few weeks later the house literally next door was listed, I went to see it on the first day of the listing. The next day I did the paper work to make an offer, only to find out a few hours later there was another offer. At my realtor's suggestion I upped my offer by $1,500. It was a tense six hours before my agent called and said they had accepted my offer. And all this is in a town of a little over 100k.

Just recently in Ontario they changed the law on that. Now all offers not only have to be in writing but they have to be presented to all competing bidders. The biggest complaint here over the last decade has been that a lot of scumbag realtors have just been inflating prices by making claims of higher offers without ever offering any actual proof that was the case. It's a welcome change. Now if we can just get the damn foreigners locked out of buying real estate here prices should start returning to some semblance of normalcy.

17. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 15:07 Cutter

Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 11:35:
Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 09:59:
Canada also gets F'd in the A with regional pricing and for no real reason at all beyond simple greed. Eff them!

Something has to pay for the "free" heath care...

Yeah, it's called not wasting a TRILLION dollars on a military-industrial complex you really have no need of.

16. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 15:04 Cutter

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 14:26:
Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 09:59:
Canada also gets F'd in the A with regional pricing and for no real reason at all beyond simple greed. Eff them!

How so? I'm dual and prefer the Canadian store because I generally save a couple bucks int he conversion.

Look, a dollar is worth a dollar to a citizen of a country regardless of exchange rates with other countries. Minimum wage, as an example, is the same in the US and Canada - on average - yet, someone working for that same rate in Canada has to work an additional 3 hours for the exact same virtual product. It didn't cost them anymore to make it or ship it, yet you're supposed to put in 30% more work as your American counterpart. Why?

If it wasn't for the fact that to try and combat piracy they drastically lower the prices on those same products in high piracy countries like China, Russia, et al. So even though their dollar is worth less they still get to pay even less - generally 50% on average - than their American counterparts on a dollar to dollar basis. So their dollar, like ours, is worth less, yet they get a discount and we have to pay more. Yeah, that's real fair. This is the same for the poor ol' Aussies.

I suppose the message they're ultimately sending is we - Can/Aus - should really be pirating the shit of software because only at that point will we get the same breaks as China, Russia, Brazil, etc. in order to curtail said piracy. And they wonder why key reseller sites thrive, particularly with countries like ours who continually get F'd in the A on this sans lube.

News Comments > Steam VR Drops Course Requirement
8. Re: Steam VR Drops Course Requirement Feb 22, 2017, 14:53 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 10:37:
Sounds like you both missed the point of the charge and course. They didn't want the tech to launch with bad word of mouth from amateurs who didn't understand how to use it. Now that it's proven and past the point where layman can fuck its reputation easily, they feel safe to release it to everyone.

Well that's your theory, Seph. It's wrong of course, but nice try.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2017, 10:40 Cutter

Will people be living longer lives as ghouls because of all the radiation from WWIII? Because that's what I see happening by 2030 at our current pace of global Idiocracy.

I've always been of two minds about renos before selling a home. Seeing as I have the skills to reno most everything myself I've always preferred something cheaper and dumpier that I just gut and rebuild myself - for the most part. The major problem with renos and flipped homes - beyond shoddy workmanship - is personal taste. So you may end up spending a lot of money on cosmetics that you like but others don't. Better off to just clean things up, a bit of patching and paint here and there and let the new owners reno it to suit their tastes.

The other major problem is that most renos are cosmetic and don't address the real problems in the home. When I rebuilt the first half of the basement here 2 years ago the electrical work was really bad, like dangerously so. Not to mention all the work was subpar. There was a lot of mold - which I knew was there from before just by the smell - on the floors and exterior walls because it was all done incorrectly. I spent a couple of days just cleaning everything floor to ceiling with Concrobium Mold Control. Now everything has a proper vapour barrier and correct insulation, I installed Dricore subflooring for the same reason. And all the electrical is nice, new, clean, and actually surpasses code. It's all made a huge difference in look, feel, and energy savings. I sleep better at night knowing what's going on in a house behind the walls/floors/ceilings is done right.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 22, 2017, 10:18 Cutter

Brilliant comment about Fuckerberg....

"Fascist Oligarch Supports Organization Promoting Subservience to Fascist Oligarchs."

1. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 09:59 Cutter

News Comments > Steam VR Drops Course Requirement
1. Re: Steam VR Drops Course Requirement Feb 22, 2017, 09:58 Cutter

In other words VR is tanking - yet again - and they're desperate to get people on board before the train goes completely off the rails.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 22, 2017, 09:39 Cutter

That was impressive. Weird goddamned song however.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Feb 22, 2017, 09:34 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 00:26:
They guy could stand living in Texas all these years, but can't stand Donald Trump? WTF?

That's a good way to phrase it. I suppose seeing Texas type stupidity at a state level is bearable whilst seeing at a national level is not.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 21, 2017, 23:07 Cutter

Pffft, just ask any native up here what they think of how the government treats them. They're dreaming if they think its any better. BC is easily the most beautiful province in the country and it's also why it's the most expensive and why politics there is always such a gong show. Canada is zero different than the US. It does some stuff right and really well, and fucks up a lot more shit than not. They'll find that out soon enough.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 21, 2017, 22:59 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 21:17:
wonder how many people/cars/objects are gonna get hit by falling boxes and shit

Well I guess that's the real question isn't it? How much will they save not having to pay drivers, buy vehicles, maintain and repair, them etc. vs. what will lawsuits cost them from drone related accidents? They'll probably still come out ahead. The future's so bright you gotta wear a hard hat.

45. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 20:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 18:41:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 16:14:
BobBob wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 16:10:

All day long

Seriously, though, I hate politics with a passion, but I like Google News. Every day I'd see Trump this, Clinton that, ISIS blew up this and that. Sick of it! It's like a plate of juicy steak mixed with brussels sprouts. I just want the steak, but I have to weed out all the disgusting brussels.
Brussel sprouts may taste like crap but they're good for you. Just like being aware of what's happening in the world.

Seriously with all of those things blocked your feed must only have stories about rainbows and puppies.

Brussel sprouts taste awesome! Don't tell me you're one of those weird people who has their brassica genetic marker turned off. I love my brassicas. Even as a kid my folks never had to force me to eat my veg.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 21, 2017, 20:47 Cutter

Poor bastard. No good deed goes unpunished, eh.

News Comments > Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches
1. Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 21, 2017, 20:44 Cutter

Fuck I hate seeing these goddamned announcements for this shitty F2P game. I get mahogany thinking 'Holy Christ! New NWNW on the way!!!'
Motherfuckers!

Furious2

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 17:22 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 15:44:
Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 15:38:
Ahhh finally got my nose stents out today!

What kind of surgery did you have?

Septoplasty/Inferior Turbinate Reduction for a deviated nasal septum. They're actually really common in people, just to varying degrees. Mine was bad enough that I was generally always congested - chronic sinusitis - on one side or the other on a regular basis. It wasn't crippling or dangerous but it was irritating. It deffo interferes with your sleep causing snoring and mild sleep apnea because you're mouth breathing with it. Plus you're dehydrating so you're constantly waking up and drinking water, than waking up to piss out that water. Not really a problem as a young man but post 45 it starts to take its toll. Still surgery is always better when done young, I really should have done this 20 or 30 years ago. I just hope it was worth it.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 15:38 Cutter

Ahhh finally got my nose stents out today! What a goddamned hellish time the last week has been. If I didn't get those things out today I would have lost my shit. An entire week of solid mouth-breathing whilst battling postoperative myalgia and a bacterial infection from the surgery, all with a swollen tongue and throat because of the problematic inturbation was not something I'd wish on anyone. Barely got any sleep. Barely ate but on the upside I must have dropped 5 pounds.

Man, soon as he took the stitches and stents out it was like mana from heaven. All the goo literally popped and flowed out and in an instant I could breathe and smell things again - yeah, no smelling or tasting anything for a full week too was also weak sauce. Plus there was a lot of sinus pressure from it so this was like popping open a bottle of champagne. So right now I'm half stuffed up and using a saline rinse but it's better by miles and I'll do decongestant later on. I sure as shit hope this will all be worth it in the long run. Doc said I probably won't notice a big difference for at least another 3 or 4 weeks as the healing contines and really takes 2-3 months on average for it to fully heal. So I guess she'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes. Still I feel miles better. To celebrate I even went out on bought me some new-age organic hippy pillows man. This really is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, isn't it? Hippy

25851 Comments. 1293 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo