Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25370 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 16:30 Cutter

Retired wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 15:55:
I make a bean version, just more hearty and lasts longer.

My wife makes a killer salsa that can be easily altered.

Making rooster beaks is about as easy as it gets man. I'll never understand when people talk about how they make a killer whatever when it's a simple dish to begin with. Make a killer beef Wellington and I'll be impressed. Every pub everywhere you go always has "killer" wings. Really? How fucking hard is it to cook chicken wings?

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year
4. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 13, 2016, 16:24 Cutter

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:37:
Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:
Sounds interesting enough but it's a mistake forcing the player into a role. That's the entire point of an RPG, let the player decide what role he'll play. I certainly don't want to be "the one" and have no desire to "save humanity". I'd much rather go the other way.

Not sure how I missed the Kickstarter for this...

Meh, in most RPGs you are "the one" in some way. Skyrim, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Wasteland II. If it's story-driven at all that's pretty much a given.

Yeah, but that's what rocks about Fallout. You're under zero obligation to help anyone. You can be the biggest penis in the Wasteland if that's what you want to do. You can be a douche in Skyrim too - or at least pick sides. I don't like RPGs where I'm put into a pre-defined role. That's just an adventure game, not a RPG, IMO.

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 11:32 Cutter

Blue, ignore the naysayers. Chili with beans and tomatoes are is far healthier anyway. It's like the Isley Brothers said, "it's your thing, do what you want to do, I can't tell you who to sock it to."

News Comments > Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year
1. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 13, 2016, 11:28 Cutter

Sounds interesting enough but it's a mistake forcing the player into a role. That's the entire point of an RPG, let the player decide what role he'll play. I certainly don't want to be "the one" and have no desire to "save humanity". I'd much rather go the other way.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
21. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 17:07 Cutter

Slapping this on is in the definite too little too late category. Besides, what's the point? It was meant to be an exploration game, not a survival game. There are already hundreds of survival games in all manner of environments that do it better. What people were expecting - and want - is something more akin to Star Trek or Star Wars where you're hopping around the galaxy meeting and interacting with new races, new - and ancient - tech, etc. What's the point of this huge universe if you're just plunked down on one spot on one planet?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 12, 2016, 13:22 Cutter

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:40:
So basically if I hang out at a store and sponge off their video game displays instead of going to school or adulting I can get a free console system?

"This is amazing, why shop at Amazon when you have genuine people in this world that you can continue to help keep a job."

Because your prices and stock suck?

Huh, I didn't realize Amazon doesn't employ people and it all happens automagically.

And given how stores like BB treat their slave wages it must have taken the entire store to pitch in. And why couldn't this guy work at a PT job - like almost every other teenager on the planet - and buy it himself. Honestly, this thing smacks of a cheap viral PR stunt.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2016, 11:14 Cutter

We got dumped on pretty good last night os it's the first real snowfall of the year. And yeah, supposed to be more all weekk for the most part. It's a PITA but it's pretty.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 12, 2016, 11:12 Cutter

Hah! Looking forward to the flurry of coming lawsuits in the years to come.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 12, 2016, 11:08 Cutter

Aww, too bad. Thanks for that Trev.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2016, 19:54 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 17:51:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 17:27:
Scientists make huge chemotherapy breakthrough.

So simple.

I'm surprised by that headline, no pun intended. Is losing one's hair a significant enough problem that reducing this can be called "huge" when someone is dealing with a serious illness and high risk of death?

I'm lucky enough to have no personal experience so I may be undervaluing issues of self-confidence and dignity, and baldness is much less taboo for me than for half the population, so maybe I'm being an insensitive dick.

You're not wrong. It's a massively inappropriate clickbait title. I saw that and thought, 'Wow, maybe they've found a way to do chemo without people getting sicker?!' When your life is on the line vanity comes way down the list of what's important.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 11, 2016, 17:52 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 17:47:
Planet Coaster... of love..... *hums along*

Make anything really neato keen yet?

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
3. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 11, 2016, 17:51 Cutter

Yeah, never do it. Company misses a paycheck don't bother showing up unless it's to take stuff for collateral until you're paid and start looking for something else immediately.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2016, 15:34 Cutter

Retired wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 11:24:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 10:15:
Dev wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 21:44:
Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 11:07:
Well I'm not driving around there so I'll never have anything to worry about. I love how that works. Wry
It's just starting there. Nothing stopping it from happening elsewhere.
Like credit card skimming is becoming widespread in USA, started in big cities. And now credit card companies just brilliantly pushed deadlines back another few years for gas stations to upgrade to chip.

That emoticon I'm using is the "wry" one.

Wry would you do that!? Rolleyes

Hahaha! Shut up ya jerk, lol!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2016, 10:45 Cutter

Why is cold fusion a pipe dream? We used to say the same thing about most inventions. If god had meant to fly he would have given him wings, etc. All it will take is an advanced material. And those will have to be created at some point if we're ever going to be serious about interstellar travel.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 10:39 Cutter

Ahumado wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 09:39:
Climate change is a HUGE FRAUD just like ALGore

To what end? That we have a nicer world with less pollution in it? That in combating climate change will actually put more people to work? Gee, what an horrible scam!

Rolleyes

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
38. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 11, 2016, 10:32 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 09:19:
I guess the Iraq war was full of factual information and there were WMD's right? You realize that the entire article is written based on 3rd party information, with no confirmation. But let's play the "if it is illegitimate." Was it okay for the US to do the same thing in soviet satellite states?

Yeah, actually it was considering the various intel agencies banded together to take the unusual step of taking out a full page ad in the NYT stating that Bushco was cheery picking facts to support their claims in order to start a war. It's not like the US or the Rooskies haven't been doing this for decades now. What do you think all the wars and wars by proxy are? I have zero doubt at all they were involved. It's only a question of to what degree and how. It's in their best interest to see a Trump presidency so why wouldn't they get involved?

10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2016, 10:15 Cutter

Dev wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 21:44:
Well I'm not driving around there so I'll never have anything to worry about. I love how that works. Wry
It's just starting there. Nothing stopping it from happening elsewhere.
Like credit card skimming is becoming widespread in USA, started in big cities. And now credit card companies just brilliantly pushed deadlines back another few years for gas stations to upgrade to chip.

That emoticon I'm using is the "wry" one.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 10, 2016, 19:08 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 18:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 12:21:
Michigan Transportation Director Kirk Steudle concedes that there will be crashes and probably a fatality involving autonomous cars.
But they get to test in snow so that makes it all better. Lawsuits in 3-2-1

It does make me wonder how all this is going to work with such unpredictable weather and outcomes. I get it we make plenty of mistakes, but when you rely on systems, it seems liability shuffles to mfg vs driver. The backlash is going to be legendary. Could be wrong.

Not at all. I will bet you any amount of money that legislation is passed in support of the automakers/software developers that fully indemnifies them. Much like you can't sue the phone company, just go to arbitration - that favors them anyway - at best. In short, getting into an autonomous vehicle will mean you automatically waive your right to sue. As for accidents between drivers and autonomous vehicles you can bet they'll pull out all the stops to make sure the driver loses that battle.

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2016, 16:15 Cutter

Luke wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 11:27:

And there ya go...me me me me me all good.... others don't care

Some just see there own nosetip jezz

Did you say something?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Michigan Lets Autonomous Cars on Roads Without Human Driver. Dec 10, 2016, 16:11 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 13:48:
Ummmm....what's going to keep tweakers from taking a selfie of themselves taking a dump in the first autonomous Uber cab?

Getting busted and having to pay for damages?

25370 Comments. 1269 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo