Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25082 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2016, 14:42 Cutter

I think Cher is the only person who likes DST.
Wry

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2016, 16:29 Cutter

So it's time for a reformat of the ol' PC and I've been going nuckin futs wondering why the goddamned USB image won't install. Cue two hours later scouring the web I finally come across a post on Toms...apparently it won't install from a USB stick...in a USB 3.0 port...Doh! Motherfucker!

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
5. Re: SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Nov 5, 2016, 16:21 Cutter

A company will only pay you what they feel you're worth. If you can't negotiate for better pay, royalties, etc. than you aren't of much value to them, are you? Major actors never have these problems. It's no different from a corporation hiring an exec over a member of the rank and file. Once makes a lot more money, stock options, benefits, etc. and the other is lucky to have a paying job. Learn to cope with it already. If you don't like it, go do something else. The world owes you nothing.

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
7. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 5, 2016, 16:17 Cutter

I enjoyed the demo. I'd grab it in the $5 or less category but I wouldn't pay more than that for it.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 5, 2016, 12:37 Cutter

Yeah, well this guy was just a clown. Thrill seeker robber with a 'Born to Lose' tattoo on his chest.

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
6. Re: Tyranny Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 19:45 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 19:42:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 19:20:
Yeah, usage based skill systems suck. Also having forced time constraints in this game is a bad choice as well. Given how bad PoE was this is a definite wait and see.

The only place where you have a time limit is the first mission, which is tied to the setting of Kyros being a dick and giving an edict for it to get done in time or he will kill everyone.

My understanding is that this is a mechanic utilized throughout the game, and the devs expect people to regularly lose and start over. Guess we'll see.

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
3. Re: Tyranny Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 19:20 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 18:26:
Looks and sounds great, except for the usage based skill system(ala Oblivion, etc.) I'd prefer a standard level up, use points, but I can tolerate it.

Now, all they need to do is avoid the Obsidian curse of massive bugs on Day 1...

Yeah, usage based skill systems suck. Also having forced time constraints in this game is a bad choice as well. Given how bad PoE was this is a definite wait and see.

News Comments > Dead Age Released
2. Re: Dead Age Released Nov 4, 2016, 19:17 Cutter

Looks like yet another overpriced tablet game to me.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
3. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 4, 2016, 19:12 Cutter

Want a pre-order? Then let me try your game first or fuckoff.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 16:44 Cutter

Retired wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 16:17:
Until the batteries need maintenance. Plenty of studies that say the hybrids are worse for the environment than gas guzzlers.

Oh they do not. There's not even a single credible study that would even imply something like that. Even the worst electric vehicle would be light years better than anything based on the combustion engine. And electrics kill regular vehicles when you're talking maitenance. They virtually need no maintenance at all. No more oil changes, parts wearing out, expensive shop time. Christ, over the average lifespan of a regular vehicle you actually pay about 3 times the initial cost in repairs and parts. They're built to break down because that's where the real money is.

Comparatively there's nothing but upside to electrics any which way you slice it. If I had the means I'd but a Tesla tomorrow and never look back.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 16:39 Cutter

I just wish the US would repeal the fucking chicken tax already. I'd kill for small diesel pickup or something like El Camino-esque like the Holden Ute or the Toyota Land Cruiser 70. That would be about the only upside to ratifying the TPP.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
12. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 16:11 Cutter

Jivaro wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:13:
Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 13:02:
So why would a game company go cross-platform? So PC users can tell console users what terrible people they are while destroying them less due to skill and more due to equipment?

That tends to be my bottom line as well. At the end of the day not everybody enjoys gaming the same way. If two different ways of gaming are successful monetarily, I wouldn't think you (as a developer or publisher) would be anxious to do anything that might upset that balance....regardless of what the actual gamers say. The sales numbers tell the story better than any forum thread full of the vocal minority might. At least from a certain point of view. We all find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Smartass

Srop feeding the troll.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
5. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 4, 2016, 16:09 Cutter

MattyC wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 15:55:
A lot of the internet seems rather salty over this and I am not sure why. Seems like a neat little something classic coming soon and a small pack to come at a later date.

Salty, huh? What kind of salt would that be? Hawaiian Black Salt? Himalayan Pink Salt? Fleur de Sel from Brittany, perhaps? Maybe you're implying something nautical, like an 'old salt'? Too much sodium in their diet possibly? Or is you're just on the irritating as hell "salty" bandwagon, much like when everyone was just as irritatingly describing everything as "epic". There are over 400,000 words in the English language...find something else besides "salty" already.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 13:44 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 11:56:
Now's the perfect time to buy that E-Type that you never knew you always wanted.

(Just make sure to swap out the Lucas electrics for something more reliable and those godawful SUs for Weber DCOEs)

I don't know why people always go on about Lucas electrics. I owned a 1976 TR6 once for a few years. It was fun as hell and the I never had any problem with the electrics. Man, that was a fun little car. I often miss it. Then again, I miss my first car, a 1970 Volvo 142, even more. Loved that friggin car. If some asshole lumberjack - that's right Helf, that's why lumberjacks are douchebags! - hadn't plowed into it in his stupid fucking pickup that thing would still be on the road.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 11:27 Cutter

Good luck, Blue, hope this doesn't come back to bite you in the ass. I wouldn't even dream of dealing with the cops and insurance without a lawyer.

News Comments > 10 Million Play The Crew
2. Re: 10 Million Play The Crew Nov 4, 2016, 11:23 Cutter

It's fun for an hour or two...until you realize like every other fucking Ubisoft game it's all filler. Grind, grind, and more grind. After several hours I had had enough. Won't be going back.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
4. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 11:22 Cutter

You're an idiot if you're giving this company money. An absolute idiot.

News Comments > GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale
2. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 4, 2016, 01:36 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 22:49:
Some good things on sale there, but I think I've finally reached my limit on buying new games... the queue is immense!

I looked the sale over, I either own it or it's too far down the desire list to bother picking it up.

Nice XP system to get D:OS2 and Tyranny though, I could have made really good use of that... if I didn't already own both.

No, if you buy either one you get the three other games "free". Expeditions Conquistador is well worth having for anyone who doesn't have it. In the rare time its name pops up around here the few of us who've played it always espouse what a great a game it is, and how it's a shame it's flown under the radar. Definitely a hidden gem.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2016, 22:22 Cutter

Lisa: Well, look at the wonders of the computer age now!
Homer: Wonders Lisa... or blunders?
Lisa: I think that was implied by what I said.
Homer: Implied Lisa... or implode?
Lisa: Mom, make him stop!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2016, 19:18 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 16:37:
I think Baseball is one of the most boring sports out there (least State side), and couldn't really give a shit less about baseball besides the Cubs making it to game 7. But last night was an amazing game. Even if you aren't a fan it's worth watching. As Blue said, amazing.

*wonders if he should start calling out Football teams during Baseball season and maybe they'll win a Super Bowl*

It is boring, just ask Honer Simpson. I went and watched 5 minutes of it after you pestering me to do so and it was painful, yes literally painful, to watch.

25082 Comments. 1255 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo