Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27164 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 10:21 Cutter

Considering the harm pop causes their should be a national tax on it the way Mexico does it. It works. Just like smokers who got outraged when they started taxing the shit out of smokes they'll either get smart and quit or pay the price. No one is saying you can't drink pop, but if you choose to you're just more of a burden on the system and ergo, should pay more tax to support said system.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Abandon Ship Exploration Trailer
1. Re: Abandon Ship Exploration Trailer Oct 11, 2017, 10:09 Cutter

I like the general premise but it needs more. Just sailing around getting into the same static style of combat over and over will get old fast. This strikes me more as a tablet type little timewaster of a game you'd play on the subway or something.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 16:55 Cutter

I know JD is kidding. Seriously though, there's no shortage of studies that prove unequivocally that preventative maintenance is always the best and most cost-effective way of managing all aspects related to health. Tax all the bad stuff and use it to subsidize the good stuff and it would all work so much better. But we know that would make sense....

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 12:08 Cutter

Yeah, well it's way past time for governments to do more about mental health than just pay lip service to it. Treatment for the vast majority of people remains well out of reach because of costs. And the catch-22 is that shrinks have to charge so much because there are no subsidies. So everyone just ends up getting hooked on pills and nothing really gets fixed. Yet, study after study shows that in good socialized democracies where people have access to both basic mental health and dental that medical costs plummet. Point in fact I just read a paper that in Ontario alone that every hospital - and we're talking dozens of them - cost the taxpayers 7 million dollars per year because of people coming to the hospitals for either mental health or dental issues. 7 million bucks per hospital per year. And you can bet that's played out more or less the same everywhere else that's in a similar boat. If that money were used correctly - preventative - it would only cost 1/4 of that. A perfect example of throwing good money after bad.

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Trailer
1. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Trailer Oct 9, 2017, 12:04 Cutter

Ok, that looks pretty sweet. And an ankylosaurus? Love those guys! Wonder if they'll do any water or air based dinos as well like plesiosaurs and pteranodons.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 11:58 Cutter

Congratulations, Blue. Seems like only yesterday all of this started.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2017, 22:00 Cutter

Sure Rick, violent media explains the daily mass-murders in the US not sensible gun-control laws 'cause the rest of the world has the exact same problem...oh wait!

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2017, 22:05 Cutter

I love me some Kaiju. I own the complete Godzilla collection. I love cheesy flicks like Robot Jox. And for all it's flaws I like Pac Rim too. This however looks pretty effin' bad. Tramsmorphers meets Power Rangers meets Kaiju? Honestly, that looks like a bad Saturday morning kids show. The first one is a GdT flick. This looks like a film made by marketers. It's like when Star Wars went from Empire to RotJ and the fucking Ewoks.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 6, 2017, 21:58 Cutter

Great find, Ant, thanks! Gonna' watch that later.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 6, 2017, 15:16 Cutter

I'm sure they could do it but how long would it take and what would it cost? If another hurricane comes through it'll just destroy all the solar panels anyway. JD has the right of it. In places like that you need to do utilities underground.

News Comments > ELEX Trailer
1. Re: ELEX Trailer Oct 4, 2017, 21:41 Cutter

Wow, that was less than inspiring.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2017, 15:30 Cutter

Just think, a scant 60 years ago Truman made popular "the buck stops here" as a motto for personal responsibility. And whilst those at the top continue to espouse such sentiments, 'take responsibility, take ownership, etc.' it's all fine and dandy until the very moment it applies to them, and all of a sudden it's Sgt. Schulz from Hogan's Heros, "I know nothing!"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 15:26 Cutter

There's so little real and good Latin food up here. Wish there was more. There's a couple of good places in downtown TO but that's way too far to go. There is a Latin grocery store about 30 mins from mine place and every now and then they make real tamales which are amazing but they don't do it regular which sucks.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 08:41 Cutter

yonder wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 04:36:
Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 22:35:
No, I'm lurking a bit but having some health issues atm so focusing on that. Sigh, getting old sucks. Yeah, unlike ol' Monty there I seriously doubt I'll be making it to 96. Damn, he was married for 70 years, lucky man. Sounds like a pretty charmed life. We should all be so lucky. Oh well, it's like Indy said, "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

Health issues suck huge ones. As a disabled guy I hope your current issues aren't terrible. Best of luck resolving your current health issues.

Thanks, yonder. Best of luck to all of us, man.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2017, 22:35 Cutter

No, I'm lurking a bit but having some health issues atm so focusing on that. Sigh, getting old sucks. Yeah, unlike ol' Monty there I seriously doubt I'll be making it to 96. Damn, he was married for 70 years, lucky man. Sounds like a pretty charmed life. We should all be so lucky. Oh well, it's like Indy said, "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

News Comments > Railway Empire Trailer
1. Re: Railway Empire Trailer Sep 29, 2017, 20:13 Cutter

I like how this is looking.

News Comments > Cuphead Released
10. Re: Cuphead Released Sep 29, 2017, 19:50 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 12:17:
Not really my style of game, but I might have to buy this anyway. That art style is sumptuous.

True, it also kind of freaks me out too.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2017, 19:48 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 13:57:
Canoeing drunk in Canada. Yup, sounds safe to me.

Alcohol and night swimming. It's a winning combination!

News Comments > The Guild 3 Early Access
1. Re: The Guild 3 Early Access Sep 26, 2017, 21:09 Cutter

Hope this will be good!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 16:25 Cutter

I call bull on that sleep article. It's like meds and everything else in this world. We're all a mixed bag and what effects people one way effects other people another. There's plenty of historical records of people who lived long healthy lives who didn't sleep much or were diurnal sleepers and cat nappers. I'd say the problem is more likely being forced into corporate schedules where for the vast majority of human history you work as you needed and wanted and if you wanted to start early or late or take a nap you just did.  

27164 Comments. 1359 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo