Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29079 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 18, 2018, 11:15 Cutter

Yeah, well that's their own fault. Christ, 3/4 of every mall is dedicated to women's clothing alone. They have 3 times as many options in clothing as men so that's on them. They do have jeans with regular pockets but they bitch and call them 'mom jeans'. Stop wearing yoga pants all the fucking time and looking like hos. There are normal clothes they can wear but they choose not to.

They're also magpies. They cannot have a normal amount of clothes. I'd wager any amount of money that any average home you walk into also has a 6-1 ratio -at least - of her clothes to his if not greater. My brother's wife has so much shit that he only has one tiny closet for his stuff and she has several. Not only that but she has to rotate her seasonal clothing in and out of paid storage. It's insane.

"If earth is 4 billion years old and you have co-existed with David Bowie, listening to his songs , you can consider yourself a lottery jackpot winner."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 17, 2018, 14:19 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 13:06:
"Google updated its site to admit it still tracks you even if you turn off Location History." I mean come on now... yeah we need less regulation.

Yeah. That's just so slimy. This is why we can't have nice things. Clearly government needs to step in at this point and mandate it by law that 'Do Not Track' means exactly that. For corporations and themselves.

"If earth is 4 billion years old and you have co-existed with David Bowie, listening to his songs , you can consider yourself a lottery jackpot winner."

News Comments > GTA Online Cheat Injunction
2. Re: GTA Online Cheat Injunction Aug 17, 2018, 14:14 Cutter

Rumack: Well, I don't have anything to say, you've done the best you could. You really have, the best you could. You can't expect to win em all. But, I want to tell you something I've kept to myself through these years. I was in the war myself, medical corps. I was on late duty one night when they brought in a badly wounded pilot from one of the raids. He could barely talk. He looked at me and said, "The odds were against us up there, but we went in anyway, I'm glad the Captain made the right decision." The pilot's name was George Zip.

Ted Striker: George Zip said that?

Rumack: The last thing he said to me, "Doc," he said, "some time when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."

Ted Striker: Excuse me doc, I got a plane to land.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 17, 2018, 10:26 Cutter

That reminds me, I need a pizza stone for the oven. Want to start making Neopolitan zah.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2018, 14:55 Cutter

So I have to decide on my new ride by the end of next week. Got it narrowed down to the Kia Niro or the Hyundai Tucson. I really like both of them a lot so it's going to be a tough choice. Tucson has the AWD, is slightly bigger, more cargo space - which I need - panoramic sunroof and more power - I'll be getting the turbo model if I do.

The Niro on the other hand has a nicer interior, only has regular sunroof, but just crushes everything else - in the Xover/Suv vehicles - in fuel efficiency, even a lot of the plugin hybrids. Official line is 50mpg I believe but there are guys on Youtube showing they're averaging 60+ MPG - 66 MPG is the best I've seen. So while it doesn't have the AWD or other sexiness I'm only filling up the tank once for every three times I would be in the Tucson. That's substantial over the long haul.

Yesterday I spent the day driving a few of the Tucsons of various trim levels, and the day before I took a Niro out for a 2 hour drive. Ugh, it may come down to flipping a coin as the price on both will be the same - likely about 30k on the nose for their respective trim levels. Anyway, pretty excited as it's been a decade since I've bought a new ride.

Then I'll be breaking it in with a road trip to the US second or third week of Sept. Me and the broshack are deciding either to head up to Lambeau and see the Pack and check out Milwaukee and Chi-town over 3 or 4 days, or go Detroit-Cleveland-Buffalo and back home. In which case we'll catch a Lions game or one in the Dog Pound. Anyone care to chime on where it would be more fun to see a game - Detroit? Cleveland? Buffalo? Chicago? Green Bay? Gotta' do a bunch of house and clothes shopping along the way too.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 16, 2018, 14:45 Cutter

As the guy in the comments section said people will be breaking into those things all the time to steal food. Anyone with any decent haxxoring skillz would probably be able to disable any security easily and help themselves to "free" food.

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts Announced
1. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts Announced Aug 16, 2018, 14:42 Cutter

That actually sounds kinda cool.

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Aug 16, 2018, 14:42 Cutter

Totes.

News Comments > Phantom Doctrine Released
3. Re: Phantom Doctrine Released Aug 14, 2018, 21:47 Cutter

I believe this is supposed to be a Cold War Xcom. Sounds like it was pushed out early. Oh well, I'll be keeping an eye on this. I'll pick this up at some point.

News Comments > On Flight Sims versus Actual Flying
8. Re: On Flight Sims versus Actual Flying Aug 14, 2018, 21:42 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 20:02:
Depends on how detailed the simulator is, it's crazy the amount of detail DCS A10 has in just the startup procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VuDetuPmA

It's not like there's never been a case where people in the tower have been able to walk people through the procedure of landing a plane with little experience.

At any rate I feel 100% qualified to fly X-Wings, Tie Fighters and a assortment of other spaceships.

And a fixed wing single engine aircraft isn't remotely that complicated. When I was a kid I spent a few years in the Air Cadets - dream was to be a pilot back then - and we used to fly regularly in everything from Gliders - really loved gliding a lot - to C-130 Transports - not piloting obviously, heh. We still got a lot of practical knowledge. Anyone can learn to fly a Cessna...anyone. I'm sure any decent flight sim out there has it down pat. Take offs are easy, landing is hard.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced
12. Re: Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced Aug 14, 2018, 18:04 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 17:46:
I've always thought that "Jagged Alliance" was a cool name for a game. It's evocative and mysterious. Combining it with the shouty "Rage!" shows the current marketing team doesn't really understand their audience.

Had the same thought on the matter. Rage? Really? Have they even played any of the originals?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 15:18 Cutter

I always thought caliente in Spanish means hot in a sexual way, like a girl is muy caliente and calor - hace mucho calor - is temperature heat - the only one I'm certain of is picante as food heat. Any Spanish folk around who can confirm that?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2018, 16:28 Cutter

All these corps need to just dump their affiliations with social media period.

Seems to me if you nearly get fired for asking for a raise, even as a joke, you best look for a better company to work for. Especially in IT. I'd wager the company needs him more than he needs them.

Watched Moonraker last night and it reminded me why I don't like the Moore movies - they were all completely ridiculous. And Skyfall rules.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2018, 16:20 Cutter

theglaze wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 15:32:
Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 11:40:
Musk is a dilettante.

He's a great marketer in drumming up hype and demand... but Tesla is over-promising and under-delivering. The kiss of death for most businesses.

Yeah but everyone can do the first thing. A hell of a lot fewer people can actually make good on their bullshit. That's why I'm always amazed he wasn't turfed long ago.

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall
12. Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall Aug 13, 2018, 16:17 Cutter

saluk wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 13:46:
Game is hard and I suck at it. It must be a bad game.

Though I think that you should be able to refund after 4 or 5 hours for a game like this that takes time to get your bearings.

That's the thing. For a lot of game 2 hours is barely getting it all set up properly and just starting out. No real idea if you're going to end up liking it or not by that point.

After watching it in a few feeds on Twitch for 15 mins I knew it wasn't my cup of tea.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2018, 11:45 Cutter

Can forest fires stop the U.S. Air Force?!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2018, 11:40 Cutter

The writing is on the wall. I don't think OPEC cares anymore. Making money is making money no matter how you do it. The need for oil isn't going to diminish any time soon and they know that. If anything it's a smarter move to corner the energy market in all sectors. All the auto manufacturers are going electric so it would be a waste of money to buy Tesla and not expect to turn a profit.

If anything they could do a hell of a lot better job than Musk can. Musk is a dilettante. They're businessmen who know how to create efficient and profitable systems. Something Musk can't seem to do with Tesla.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2018, 22:50 Cutter

Skyfall is the best Bond movie yet. And Bond is supposed to be a damaged alcoholic. A blunt weapon. He's not supposed to be all suave and debonair the way Moore played him. He's an expert in many things because he has to be, not because he's hoighty-toighty. Moore did the best job as a suave super-spy but that's not what Bond really is.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2018, 22:44 Cutter

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 18:47:
Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 14:31:
And for anyone worried that the move into multiplayer territory will prevent private server and modification support in “Fallout 76,” worry not: both will be in the game. Bethesda is still sorting out the details, but Howard affirmed that the game will feature those elements.

“That is something that, given the online nature of [“Fallout 76&#8243;], is going to be very, very complicated,” he said. “But we’re committed to it, and we’ve been starting to design what that system is going to look like. It’s a complicated problem, but one that we are 100% committed to solving.”

No. No it's not complicated at all. Just have PvE and PvP servers, problem solved. These clowns are trying to reinvent the wheel thinking you can allow PvP in some form by tacking on a mild punishment. Griefers do not care. They'll just keep griefing regardless.

I imagine this asinine system will be scrapped in short order and they'll simply go back to PvE/PvP servers instead. Otherwise it'll cost them a lot of sales.

How about instead of assuming you know the best way for them to make their game, you go play something that does not have any risk in it or doesnt do anything new. This isnt everquest, and the attempts to make it have a "safe space" for people who don't like the type of gameplay it brings to the table, are people who shouldnt be buying the game in the first place. There are plenty of games you can play right now that dont have the prospect of any griefing, and Bethesda instead are trying to do something different. We need new paradigms in gaming, even if they dont hold your hand as much or make you feel safe when you're walking down the virtual street. It's not simply about the griefing, its about making compelling gameplay systems that can tackle that without turning the world into a monotone carebear fuckfest. Good on them for at least giving it a shot, I say.

Spoken like an asshole griefer. So yeah, it's exactly about that and giving the customer what they want not telling them what they want. Fuck you and your new paradigm bullshit. You just want to be an online anonymous asshole to people without repercussion. Systems like PvE and PvP exist precisely because of dicks like you.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
33. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 22:40 Cutter

necrosis wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 19:33:
Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 17:47:
How do you sell a used PC game anyway? Once the code has been used no one else can use it. So the game has to be new by definition or it's unplayable.
Box, instructions, all paperwork, factory sealed.

Any of those missing and it is not new.

EB/Gamestop would pull this shit with last display copies. They took the game out and put it in a binder and the box on display. Tried to sell it as new to me once. Told them to fuck off.

With a PC game? It's been a while since I've bought a physical PC game but I always recall - at least in the last decade - that you'd have to register it online with a code. So there's nothing to resell except the physical media itself. That's why I don't even understand how Bethsoft is even trying to attempt the argument.

29079 Comments. 1454 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo