Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25625 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
15. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 26, 2017, 09:41 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 23:58:
Cease and desist in 3..2..1.., oh wait, never mind.

1. This looks like a shot-for-shot remake of the film. So this is an adventure game?

2. Obviously this game is going to cost a lot more than $900K. So why do they need KS exactly?

3. Will this game be longer than the movie? From the desc it sounds like it could be pretty short.

Also, Francis stands to make money off of this, right? He and others must be entitled to royalties from this. So yeah, I could see why he'd promote it. It's a very poorly put together campaign full of a ton of vagaries all around. Sounds more like a bunch of suits dreamed up this idea as a way to make easy money with minimal effort. I wouldn't touch this with a Bell Huey UH-1 Iroquois.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
15. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 25, 2017, 22:22 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 18:00:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:23:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:13:
Yeah, he definitely bit off more than he could chew. And he definitely had a mental breakdown a couple of years ago working 14 hour days 7 days a week on this project. You could see it coming on as his daily dev logs got loopier and loopier. Not only I thought this 6m break was another break down. Turns out he just didn't want to deliver bad news.

these are exactly the kind of rationalizations that enable disturbed individuals to continue harming themselves

Well it's a good thing there are no mirrors where you live.

nope thats wrong - i dont live where you do

its good thing for you, too, jackass

Off you meds again. Tsk. I think we need to get you institutionalized once and for all. An asylum is where you belong.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 25, 2017, 22:17 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 21:40:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 21:31:
Rhett wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 20:46:
Farcry: Ghost Recon,

yeh exactly - lookin forward to this one for sure

might be one of those rare day one purchase.. beta will tell me more

Only issues I really came across that bugged me was no cover system like The Division, and vehicles driving was a little wonky (like Sleeping Dogs), so if the Beta holds up will be a day 1 purchase.

Send me a friend invite!!!

4. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 25, 2017, 22:16 Cutter

Kosumo wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 21:33:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 19:47:
The man is apparently worth $250 million dollars and he's won't fund the goddamned thing properly himself? And what's the point? You already know it back to front! Jesus, I can recite most of the movie by heart. One of my most common expressions I've always used IRL since I first saw the movie as a teenager and a situation is FUBAR is, "Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamned right." That or Chef's "I just wanted to learn to fucking cook, man!"

The only reason I could possibly see doing this for is playing as Colonel Kilgore. Ok, I admit, that would be awesome.

"Well why the hell didn't you tell me that before? There aren't any good peaks in this whole, shitty country. It's all goddamn beach break."

Sounds to me like you would play day one.

No it doesn't.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 25, 2017, 20:12 Cutter

GOP mantra: 'Do as I say and not as I do.'

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week
1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 25, 2017, 20:05 Cutter

I signed up for this but not email yet. I got one for For Honor but meh bleh on that.

1. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 25, 2017, 19:47 Cutter

The man is apparently worth $250 million dollars and he's won't fund the goddamned thing properly himself? And what's the point? You already know it back to front! Jesus, I can recite most of the movie by heart. One of my most common expressions I've always used IRL since I first saw the movie as a teenager and a situation is FUBAR is, "Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamned right." That or Chef's "I just wanted to learn to fucking cook, man!"

The only reason I could possibly see doing this for is playing as Colonel Kilgore. Ok, I admit, that would be awesome.

"Well why the hell didn't you tell me that before? There aren't any good peaks in this whole, shitty country. It's all goddamn beach break."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 15:52 Cutter

Well it's a busy few days. Sadly Mary Tyler Moore has passed, and so has Butch Trucks - who was one of the original founds and drummer for the Alman Brothers. Was always a fan of both of them, so bleh to that.

And The Donald has been hard at it too. So the TPP is dead - yay. And he just signed the executive order to start building the wall. That should be an interesting clusterfuck. Any wagers on just how much over time and budget it'll go? I'm wagering double whatever the initial estimates are. The interesting part of the order is....

Trump signs executive order to start building U.S.-Mexico border wall

The executive orders jumpstart construction of a U.S.-Mexico border wall, one of his signature campaign promises, and strip funding for so-called sanctuary cities, where authorities don't arrest or detain immigrants living in the U.S. illegally.

I'm sure the reaction to that is going to be rather entertaining all around.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 25, 2017, 15:24 Cutter

Dammit now I have The B-Sharps - Baby on Board stuck in my head.

11. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 25, 2017, 15:23 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:13:
Yeah, he definitely bit off more than he could chew. And he definitely had a mental breakdown a couple of years ago working 14 hour days 7 days a week on this project. You could see it coming on as his daily dev logs got loopier and loopier. Not only I thought this 6m break was another break down. Turns out he just didn't want to deliver bad news.

these are exactly the kind of rationalizations that enable disturbed individuals to continue harming themselves

Well it's a good thing there are no mirrors where you live.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 12:56 Cutter

Joni Mitchell was right, we are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden.

So our brains are into REM. Do they know what the frequency is, Kenneth?

Wouldn't surprise me if Shkreli turns up dead in a ditch or field sometime soon. 'It was a suicide. And a rather remarkable one considering his hands were bound behind his back and he still managed to blow his brains out.'

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 25, 2017, 12:50 Cutter

Yeah, I'm sure no there will be no shortage of corps firing the shit of out people only to be hiring new people at minimum wage with no benefits simply so they can PR it up with 'Look! We're hiring domestically!'

4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 25, 2017, 12:46 Cutter

I don't know why he continues to beat his head against the wall when the scope of this obviously beyond him. Had he brought on even two other people - coder and artist - to help, minimum pay with a share of the profits/royalties, the game would be done and he wouldn't have gone through all this bullshit to begin with. At this rate it'll never be done.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition
4. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 12:43 Cutter

Wash Washburne wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 12:24:
On another note, I really want this to be fun but I have my reservations, it's Fun-Com after all, so won't be holding my breath.

My sentiments exactly. I'll deffo be waiting on this one. I'll be amazed if Funcom can actually pull it off...for once.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2017, 22:59 Cutter

Hah, that was good. The creepy man can because he has a white van....lol.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2017, 21:48 Cutter

Here, let me hire a union musician to play the world's tiniest violin for those so hard done by voice actors.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 24, 2017, 21:35 Cutter

Day 2 of the Trump presidency and the anal rape of the American consumer by the corporations begins in earnest.

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
1. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 24, 2017, 21:28 Cutter

Gave my lady a sugar cane
Sweets to the sweet I did explain
Gave it back to my surprise
Said she liked the flavor but not the size

She want the big bamboo, always long
The big bamboo grows so bold and strong
The big bamboo stands so straight and tall
The big bamboo pleases one and all

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2017, 20:55 Cutter

I could care less about the whole Abstergo backstory crap. I just like the historical aspect of the games. AC2 and Brohood are still the best with Ezio IMO, followed by BF, Unity and 3 in that order. Haven't played Syndicate yet but been waiting for a price drop. I really can't justify paying more than $20 for any Ubisoft game when it's literally 90% bullshit grind.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2017, 20:47 Cutter

It's not just about domestic jobs, it's the environment, and a lot of other things besides. We ship them raw material, they make stuff and send it back. That puts us on the losing end all around. To say we can't manufacture here is idiotic for all kinds of reasons. It's not like Apple car makers and stuff are going to lose money, if anything it'll increase sales. You can't run a consumption based society when no one has any money.

No one is talking about making people rich, just living wage jobs with decent benefits that affords them a house and the ability to actually consumer. THAT right there was how America became the powerhouse it was. Right now it's in second banana territory and falling fast. 60 years ago the US had the highest all around standard of living in the world. Today it's not even in the top 30 - it's rated #33. It can be fixed and reverse that slide. It simply takes the political will to do so. And that's what everyone wants.

25625 Comments. 1282 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo