Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 27207 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2017, 20:16 Cutter

"Smithers, there's a rocket in my pocket."

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2017, 20:10 Cutter

Thanks so much for this GOP voters. You've not only fucked your own country in the ass sans lube but the rest of the world in the process. Yeah, and this is the sort of shit that makes people hate America.

"Pai's staff said that states and other localities do not have jurisdiction over broadband because it is an interstate service and that it would subvert federal policy for states and localities to impose their own rules."

How in the hell do they figure broadband is interstate? You can build a broadband service in a single state. In a single town. In a single location for that matter. If data moves beyond said state than doesn't mean the service is interstate, the data is. Where are all the right-wing "states rights" assholes now?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 21, 2017, 19:57 Cutter

That's complete fucking outrageous! I emailed the author of the article asking him to follow up with some legal experts. I don't how in the fuck that doesn't qualify as breaking wiretapping laws under the Wiretap Act. It's illegal as fuck for you, me, or even cops to do something like that. And it being a co-ordinated federal effort also means it should criminally qualify as a RICO violation to boot. Fucking Google, man. This shit has to stop!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 21, 2017, 19:03 Cutter

Lucky bastard, good for him. That's a pretty effin' sweet gig right there man. It's interesting that he actually had a background in racing. Cool contest!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2017, 15:49 Cutter

Nucas wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 12:38:
jesus christ if i were driving that fast i'd have had my license seized and car towed on the spot and been arrested.

That's the same here. If you get clocked at 50k over the limit it's legally classified as street racing or stunt driving. They take your car and license on the spot and hand you a $10,000 fine. They have signs for it all over our highways and a lot of major streets too. And that generally means you lose your license for 1-3 years and you're generally uninstallable for that time period and than still get F'd in the A on insurance for up to another 6 years after that. But she's a rich bitch and former lawyer/judge with plenty of connections so you could safely bet it'll get dismissed outright or knocked down to something inconsequential.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2017, 15:41 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:24:
Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:41:
What said legislation will do is codify federal apathy into law, ensuring that the FCC can't revisit the issue down the road.

Really? And how would they do that exactly? Laws are made by congress and can be changed, amended, or killed outright by Congress as well. This kind of outright lying and editorializing is why so many people don't trust news anymore. Start reporting it, stop creating it.

It's easy to change "rules" set up by federal commissions. It's a lot harder to get a law off the books once it's there. Case in point: Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma still have anti sodomy laws still on the books.

Yeah because those states have zero desire to get rid of them. It's easy to change laws if the political will is there. A bill is introduced and then voted up or down. It's exactly what the GOP is doing with their majority right now. Reversing all the stuff the Dems did, and when they Dems get back to a majority they'll do the same. But claiming that the issue can't be revisited is an out an out lie.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists
13. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists Nov 21, 2017, 15:37 Cutter

SimplyMonk wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:29:
Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:24:
On moderated player-run servers this isn't an issue. Why don't they try that?

As much as I appreciate the sentiment and also miss the Quake/Counterstrike style shooter model with player run servers and mods, this is a micro-transaction based game and I doubt they want to change their complete business model at this point.

Oh you're absolutely right, which is why them even talking about it is a bad joke and precisely why I don't buy this sort of scheisse anymore.

News Comments > Valve Reviewing Review Reviews
12. Re: Valve Reviewing Review Reviews Nov 21, 2017, 15:28 Cutter

ItBurn wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 13:04:
Statistically, the thumbs up would rate a 10/10 game and a 6/10 game the same, this is bad. A 10/10 system is all over the place and people have bias, but it doesn't matter. The aggregate of tons of reviews will be closer to the real rating than a thumbs up system would. I mean, have you seen critic movie reviews on rotten tomatoes? The most mediocre films have 80s and 90s. If you look at games on metacritic, where most of critic reviews are on a base 10 system, you get MUCH more accurate results.

My point exactly. There are a ton of games I would rate a 4/5/6 out of 10 which would give you a much better idea of whether to take a chance on buying it or not. Whereas the current system says - to me at any rate - either buy or don't buy, no middle ground.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed
16. Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed Nov 21, 2017, 15:25 Cutter

Darks wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:57:
Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:15:
El Pit wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:08:
I am looking forward to this and I think Cutter will like this, too.

Too antiquated. I'd rather see a new one. Plus the NWN editor was pretty cumbersome if you wanted to make anything really good. Why wouldn't they go with NWN2 at least?

You must be joking Cutter, that editor was very powerful, you got the same exact editor with nothing cut from it that the devs used to make the game. Which is how we made our two mods.

Its the best editor ive seen released for any game of this type,even that newer Sword Coast Legends editor was shit in comparison to NWN editor.

I didn't say it wasn't powerful, I said it was cumbersome and it was. You really needed a good coder to do anything of significance. Scripting things was not user friendly. NWO's editor is a lot more userfriendly by comparison. And SCLs wasn't nearly as powerful but it was more user friendly.

That's why I keep saying I want a new game in the style of NWN. I don't need a new NWN per se. I'd actually like to see it be completely customizable so you could go with system you prefer - D20, Gurps, etc. Avoid any licensing issues by using established properties and keeps the cost way down to develop it as well. Isomatric, 3D, turn-based, and DM modes would all be necessary. I'd like to see it as a glorified table top experience really. A good system for the community to take advantage of the ground up to provide additional content without any problems. That was another huge PITA with NWN. So many major works had all these custom dependencies you needed to download and install, and you'd end up with conflicts with other things. Maybe I'll just have to create a design doc and crowdfund it myself. If you could build that visions you'd make a metric shit ton of money off it.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2017, 12:04 Cutter

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose....

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2017, 11:53 Cutter

Movies are on average about an hour an a half. Some longer, some shorter but that's the average. Games vary wildly and most of them are never fully played or finished by most players. It's also a lot harder to discern a bad game from a bad movie where a simple 2 minute trailer can camouflage the former and reveal the latter. And ultimately the reason piracy is so rampant with TV and movies, same with more and more people cutting the cord, is that people feel they're being vastly overcharged for the quality of product they're receiving.

Another useless analyst who can't get it right. Who the fuck pays these assholes?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2017, 11:41 Cutter

What said legislation will do is codify federal apathy into law, ensuring that the FCC can't revisit the issue down the road.

Really? And how would they do that exactly? Laws are made by congress and can be changed, amended, or killed outright by Congress as well. This kind of outright lying and editorializing is why so many people don't trust news anymore. Start reporting it, stop creating it.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists Nov 21, 2017, 11:24 Cutter

On moderated player-run servers this isn't an issue. Why don't they try that?

News Comments > Valve Reviewing Review Reviews
2. Re: Valve Reviewing Review Reviews Nov 21, 2017, 11:21 Cutter

I wish they'd get rid of the stupid thumbs up/dowm BS and use a normal out of 10 sytem. We live in a base 10 world after all. And it's still the best way to get an overall feel for reception of the game.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed
7. Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed Nov 21, 2017, 11:15 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:08:
I am looking forward to this and I think Cutter will like this, too.

Too antiquated. I'd rather see a new one. Plus the NWN editor was pretty cumbersome if you wanted to make anything really good. Why wouldn't they go with NWN2 at least?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 20, 2017, 22:16 Cutter

Where's Rockwell when you need him?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 20, 2017, 21:57 Cutter

Best scene in that film....Last season's losers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2017, 17:25 Cutter

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:17:
The Franken news is saddening. But what's honestly worse is that the left seems incapable of forgiving. Franken has done truly great work in his 12 years in the Senate. People fuck up. They should be shamed for a bit, but if they're sincere and it's obvious that they're not a bad person, I don't think forgiveness should be that hard to come by.

I mean the first incident (only one that seems legit at the moment), he was on a USO tour taking a dumb picture trying to get a rise out of some soldiers. We all know people in uniform (men and women) can have a crass sense of humour, they're living in extreme conditions, it's not the most PC place in the world. He was trying to play to his audience and misjudged. The picture shows him mockingly groping, not actually groping. People who actually grope don't usually pose for pictures during the act...

That's still not as bad as the right who are quite willing to forgive child molesters...so long as they're republicans.

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
28. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 17:23 Cutter

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 17:16:
Hmm, it's not really a creative idea though, it's a bean-counter idea.

And I doubt most texture artists, modelers, sound designers, level designers etc. etc. etc. would even know that their work was going to be trampled upon until the closing months before launch, there wouldn't be any reason for them to know. It would probably only hurt morale.

Exactly. It's how the mid-level mangement justifies their drawing a salary.

Bill from Accounting: How can we make more on these games?
Dave from Marketing: Monetize the shit out of these mofos!
Bill from Accounting: Won't that piss off most of the playerbase?
Dave from Marketing: Fuck those sheep! They'll eat our shit out of a bowl and call it Ice Cream if it's got Star Wars on it!
Bill from Accounting: Yeah, I dunno about that man.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 12:20 Cutter

Interesting little article by an ex-truck driver on all the problems with Tesla's new truck.

This ex-trucker has some questions about the Tesla Semi

27207 Comments. 1361 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo