Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25852 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 16:33 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 13:55:
it seems we had more leftovers when we were done that we had food to start with.

Yeah, restaurant portion size in the USA is just ridiculous these days. You basically receive a days worth of calories in a single meal.

It's always been that way as long as I remember it.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 16:25 Cutter

Exactly. And the retailers are complicit too. They should be required to tell prospective customers that they're not actually buying a product but merely renting it.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

37. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 01:41 Cutter

I don't give a shit what you identify as. I'll call you Twinkletoes if it makes you happy. However, if you can't have a child because you lack a womb for it to gestate in than sorry but you're a male. You want to be a chick? Cool beans. Wanting something, however, does not make it so. I wanted to be starting QB for the Packers. Life had other plans in store. So I may identify as a Superbowl winning quarterback but I'm still not regardless of how much I want it.

There is no such thing as gender neutral, you're one or the other. How you identify is entirely up to you. Just don't expect everyone else to respect your choice because they owe you nothing. So long as they don't hinder your choice they're free to disregard it as is their wont. Tolerance is NOT acceptance.

Personally I've always come down on the side of Stephen Stills, if you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one your with.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2017, 13:10 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 10:26:
I'm going to make a rare exception to my rule not to enter political discussions. But when it invades water-bear space that's it...

People keep falling for the dems vs repubs shell game. It is all about entrenched Washington DC culture vs the rest of the country. The actions of these hypocrite republicans who voted over and over to repeal the ACA when they knew a veto was assured proves it. If congress was put under the ACA you'd see them singing a different tune. If the ACA is good enough for the rest of the country why should congress be exempt?

The folks glibly suggesting impeachment remind me way too much of the folks who ignited the Civil War following the election of Lincoln. We do NOT want to repeat that horror.

Yes, but the Dems - whilst still evil - are measurably less evil than the GOP. That's just a fact, like death and taxes. It's not even close in who's better for the people on the whole and who's better for the elites/big biz/military-industrial.

9. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2017, 09:57 Cutter

Unless they have unequivocal proof and can charge him with treason the GOP will do everything they can to bury it and protect themselves. It'll simply be Nixon all over again. At the very least it could make for a huge shakeup in congressional elections next year - which is absolutely needed. America desperately needs to pull out of this nosedive.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
57. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 09:52 Cutter

It was doomed to fail and amazingly enough it was because of all those GOP voters in the Rust Belt. They've been turning out in droves at town meetings castigating their reps and warning them not to fuck with the ACA. Everything else has gone to shit but at least now they have some basic healthcare, even they're not that dumb to let the GOP rob them of them of that now that they have it.

7. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 23:58 Cutter

Yeah, reckoned it had to be them. They're hands down the most amazing creatures on the planet, bar none.

30. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 21:59 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:10:
Look on the bright side; no matter how the actual game turns out, this whole experience will end up as a PhD level topic for some psychologist's case study. "Why did so many people continue to give money for no discernable return, for so long?"

Cults have been well documented and studied for a very long time now. Just ask Thulsa Doom.

29. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 21:59 Cutter

Seriously, how can there be anyone left at this point that doesn't believe this is a scam by now.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2017, 15:54 Cutter

It's not the amount it's the principle. We're already vastly overtaxed on luxury goods and most of that has come from those constant nickel and dime increases over the decades.

And yes, that break means a lot to MOST people as they all have to commute. It means nothing to the rich. Same bullshit with the road tolls. It means nothing to them and they'll pay it and benefit from it while everyone else sits in even more traffic. It's absolutely par for the course for the attitude of the Liberals and Conservatives in this country. And in spite of this most of the fucking morons in this country still keep voting for them and against their own self-interest. They NEVER learn. That's the definition of stupid or insane. Take your pick.

News Comments > Outlast 2 Outlasts AU Ban
5. Re: Outlast 2 Outlasts AU Ban Mar 24, 2017, 15:49 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 14:45:
NetHead wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:35:
Everything I've heard about the Australian censorship board genuinely seems like they're nothing but a bunch on a power trip.

There's no other explanation for their actions and attitude, this being another example of exactly that including the backtracking/flip-flop.

The explanation is:

Will no one think of the children!! Faint

Jared Fogle and his pals will. Hi-o!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2017, 12:30 Cutter

Hey Blue, how are your 76'ers doing? How you feeling for your Eagles upcoming season? Guess you're going to be eating a lot of Philly cheesesteaks this yeah, huh?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2017, 12:26 Cutter

Fuck Trudeau and Cp. and the horse they rode in on. Booze prices need to go down not up. And once again we see this clown is all talk and pro-taxes. So no subsidies for people who need to take public transit AND a carbon tax to boot. Just another reward the elites and fuck the poor Liberal tax.

News Comments > World of Warcraft EU Price Increases
3. Re: World of Warcraft EU Price Increases Mar 24, 2017, 12:17 Cutter

That;s ballsy. You'd think they'd be dropping prices all around for a game this old.

2. Re: Link of the Day Mar 24, 2017, 00:40 Cutter

rawbelly wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 21:32:
THinks makes me want to rent forever lol

It makes me want to kick gov't in the ass to tighten up the trades and consumer protection laws. This shit has been going on forever and there's no need reason for it to.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
3. Re: Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3 Mar 24, 2017, 00:32 Cutter

"Wasteland 2 and Torment both came out great,"

Uh, no they did not. The magic is gone. Time to move along.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 15:01 Cutter

I'm guessing quite a few of you use TV android boxes. Me Ma wants one as she's a big TV watcher and wants to cut the cable. I'm the exact opposite and could care less but seeing as I'm the tech guy I said I'd look into it. Now he uses a MyGica box but from what I can glean so far they're massively overpriced because it's just a box with all the software preloaded.

So looking at Amazon Canada they have these Android boxes

Which are more reasonable in the sub $50 dollar range. Are those the same things? Come with KODI or you're able to install KODI to them? Something that's good for 4K and decent memory so it's a bit futreproofed. Any recs? Thanks!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 14:56 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 13:51:
The US has 23.5 square feet of retail space per person, compared with 16.4 square feet in Canada and 11.1 square feet in Australia, the next two countries with the most retail space per capita

Ah the gross excesses of America are just returning to earth then.

I hate shopping so I always try to buy online which lets me get exactly what I need quickly. I suppose the exception is clothing where I need to try stuff on. The list sort of bears that out as dedicated clothing retailers are closing the fewest stores. Not sure what is going on with Payless though. Maybe bad management?

It's true. It's always sort of mind-boggling as a Canuck whenever you head to "Murica of how many malls - major and strip - there are and the size of them and the variety in them. You guys have assloads more different stores that us. It's a mall culture unlike anywhere else.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 12:14 Cutter

Yeah, been seeing a lot of news about this retail pockylips. In Canada it's different however. We don't have that same economy of scale so we never get free shipping or it has to be a massive amount in order to qualify for it thereby making it useless. Still, most stuff you used to go to brick and motar for you can get online cheaper and faster. The only thing I'll never buy online are clothes.

The major retailers in particular need a serious rethink and to scale down massively. Prsonally I never understoof the draw of walking through these huge stores. It's always a pain in the ass finding what you want and takes way too much time. I just want to get in and get out as fast as possible with minimum effort.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2017, 11:43 Cutter

Yeah, no shit. As always it comes down to spending money doing the right thing...or executive bonuses. We all know what always wins.

25852 Comments. 1293 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo