Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25046 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 11:59 Cutter

Yeah, no one expected that. I was way off I admit, but you can only go on what media is reporting and they had it completely wrong. Still, I'm not surprised, and said as much a week or two back. All these political pundits keep scratching their heads in bewilderment, what they failed to realize is that it's not about Trump the man, it's about the message. Regardless of his personal shenanigans he's anti-establishment, and that resonates with people, everyone - on both sides of the aisle - are sick of the status quo and career politicians who say one thing and do another. If the Democratic party wanted a real shot they should have went with Bernie, but oh no, they just knew better didn't they?

Free-trade has decimated the working class around the world, not just in the US and people are sick of it. And in the last 10 years now it's moved into white collar. Just look at all the jobs lost to India, China, etc.. So when that's falling down too something has to give. Occupy, Brexit, etc. there are all endemic around the first world now. Unchecked immigration, terrorism, economic uncertainty, corporate rule, etc. everyone is saying enough is enough.

And regardless of any of that, the guy is President, not Emperor, it doesn't give him carte blanche to do what he wants. I don't like the guy, but I like the fact the system is getting a shake up it desperately needs. And as I've said before, if nothing else, I think this is going to be a pretty entertaining 4 years...provided it doesn't end in Armageddon. And who knows, maybe he'll actually surprise and get some shit done.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 11:49 Cutter

Yeah, well any American who thinks moving to Canada is going to be better is in for a rude awakening. I'd happily swap my citizenship with theirs if I could. For all its shortcomings, I've always been of the opinion that the pros outweigh the cons in the US.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > New Metro Game Plans?
1. Re: New Metro Game Plans? Nov 9, 2016, 11:43 Cutter

Yeah, I guess we should just wait fpr the redux version though, right? That's so sleazy when a dev does that.

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free
2. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free Nov 9, 2016, 11:42 Cutter

Such an awesome game!  

News Comments > Transport Fever Rolls Out
1. Re: Transport Fever Rolls Out Nov 8, 2016, 20:18 Cutter

I have my eye on this one, hope it's good.

News Comments > The Division Expansion Testing Details
5. Re: The Division Expansion Testing Details Nov 8, 2016, 20:18 Cutter

heroin wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 20:12:
I've had this in my cart a few times and even for $20 I haven't been able to buy this. I want to like it because the atmosphere looks awesome, but whenever I watch the game for more than 10 minutes I feel bored - maybe playing it is a different story? Do any of you guys think playing this game is entertaining?

Didntcha play the beta? It's just another Ubisoft game, which means 5% actual gameplay, 95% grinding needless filler.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Adds New Bike & Mode
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Adds New Bike & Mode Nov 8, 2016, 20:16 Cutter

Those are pretty sweet.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 17:24 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 17:02:
Predictions?

Presidential winner? Number of electoral votes? Results contested or accepted?

Propositions passed? Propositions failed?

Example:

Death penalty - kept or abolished?
Marijuana - legalized or not?
Single use plastic bags - banned or allowed?

My prediction is the Dems will blow out the GOP all around. All the fearmongering and so-called "uncertainty" about this election is so much bullshit whipped up by mainstream media as clickbait. As for props?

Manager: I'm sorry, little girl, we don't just put people on TV! Unless of course they're replying to an editorial.

Lisa: Uh, I am! I'm strongly opposed to.. proposition, uh, 305.

Manager: You're against discount bus fares for war widows?

Lisa: Uh..you bet I am.

Manager: Okay.. Make-up!

Homer: Moochin' war widows!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 8, 2016, 17:24 Cutter

Prez wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 08:50:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 20:53:
This is a major issue, right? After all, our economies are based entirely on conspicuous consumption. So if estimates are correct that AI and robots can replace the vast majority of the workforce than what drives the economy? A universal guaranteed income is the bare minimum. Certainly not what would keep our lifestyle - as we're accustomed to it - happily chugging along. Short of having matter replicators a la Star Trek that eliminates the need for a consumption based economy this will likely end very badly, i.e. WWIII. Well, as the Chinese curse goes, may you live in interesting times.

There will always be someone who has to work on the machines that do the work though. Luckily I'm in that line of work now so I should be safe.

Yeah, I dunno. They're saying it's not long now before machines are doing that themselves, designing and building themselves. And then it's welcome to Westworld.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 17:18 Cutter

The Pyro wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 13:21:
I think most people would much rather return to the city-state and live somewhere that aligns with their views than constantly fight with the other half of people who don't.

Unfortunately it's not that easy. Here in TX we have suburbs that lean to the right (politically speaking) while the inner city leans left. It's not like these people are in a different state; they're literally right down the road from you, just in a different neighborhood.

That's my point. It's like all the righties moving to Dallas while all the lefties move to Austin. Cities like Seattle and San Francisco are great example of that, yet there are still many conservatives in those states. In Canada it's the same, most of the cities are liberal, while everything outside of it is conservative.

When I lived in Vancouver it was a major problem because while people in Vancouver wanted looser liquor laws, legalized pot, etc. the rest of the province didn't. So you have a city, which is the major money provider for that province/state and it has to adhere to what other people want regardless of the fact those people don't even live there. That's not a way to govern, and people are tired of it.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 13:21 Cutter

Why is it everyone says that at the end of an election cycle, when the rancor and divisiveness only continue to increase year after year. I really don't see the nation state surviving for much longer. I think most people would much rather return to the city-state and live somewhere that aligns with their views than constantly fight with the other half of people who don't. There's are myriad reasons people divorce, and that's a much better thing that just sticking around out of habit and being miserable all the time.

News Comments > Steam Redesign
5. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 7, 2016, 22:20 Cutter

I really wish they'd add tabs to the client so you could context click and open a product page in a new tab.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal
3. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal Nov 7, 2016, 21:01 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 20:50:
I wouldn't mind another dip into the Mass Effect pool.

A little Mass Effect golden shower maybe?

Ahhh, cinematics are easy, good gameplay is hard. I don't have a whole lot of faith with EA delivering the latter. It'll likely just end up another tightly scripted, color coded, cover shooter.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 20:53 Cutter

This is a major issue, right? After all, our economies are based entirely on conspicuous consumption. So if estimates are correct that AI and robots can replace the vast majority of the workforce than what drives the economy? A universal guaranteed income is the bare minimum. Certainly not what would keep our lifestyle - as we're accustomed to it - happily chugging along. Short of having matter replicators a la Star Trek that eliminates the need for a consumption based economy this will likely end very badly, i.e. WWIII. Well, as the Chinese curse goes, may you live in interesting times.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 7, 2016, 20:42 Cutter

Wow that was effing amazing! Poor little guy, that's like something out of a bad drean. Made me think of some zombie horror flick where they just keep coming out of the woodwork. Good for him! Hopefully he'll get big enough to go back and eat all their asses!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 19:48 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 19:35:
Beamer wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 15:12:
Regardless, I doubt many are buying cars 10 years from now. Some Uberesque entities will own fleets. Want to go somewhere? Call a car, and an automated one will be there within minutes unless you live in the most remote, rural areas.
While I would certainly agree driver-less cars are making good strides, I'm pretty sure we won't live to see this level of driving automation. This is subject is actually an on and off again discussion with a buddy of mine. And I'm the pro automation guy. He talks about how every day when driving that he sees situations he doubts a driver-less car could deal with.

It will come... I think 10 years is overly optimistic.

Definitely, unless most of us are going to be living into our 80s or 90s I don't forsee a driverless society anytime soon. And it may not happen at all. If "AIs" and robots are going to be replacing the vast majority of workers on the planet who's going to have any money to go anywhere anyway? I'm seeing the dystopia coming down the pipe in short order, not some groovy automated future.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 15:32 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 12:33:
* You are not there to make friends. Don't be afraid to be firm and, if necessary, a little bit of an asshole. You're there to buy a car for as little money as possible. Salespukes make commission either way, so fuck 'em if they get their jimmies rustled.

I've never heard that expression before but I like it, heh. How else is it used? Don't get your jimmies in a bunch?

* Test drive your vehicle of choice and then go home. Wait a couple of days to make sure that you actually want the car and aren't just in the throes of lust and "gotta have". Unless you're buying something like a GT500 or Corvette ZR1 or any other low volume specialty car, there's a really good chance it'll be there when you go back.

I'd go so far as to say rent one for a week to make sure it's really comfortable all around and you'll be happy with it for at least 5 years. One of my brothers buys cars fairly frequently and that's what he does. At least rent one for a weekend and take a road trip with it to see how comfortable it is and how it handles. After several hours on the road for a bit of a haul you'll know for sure. Test drives are a joke.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 12:00 Cutter

What are you guys looking at, Blue? Sedan? SUV? Get a Volvo V60. It's perfect for you two and the Gunnar-man.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 7, 2016, 11:51 Cutter

Waterfox thanks. Anyone use Brave?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2016, 11:51 Cutter

I guess they want to make sure this "AI" isn't too hot, or has an explosive personality.

25046 Comments. 1253 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo