Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26289 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 DLC and Gold Edition
1. Re: Bus Simulator 16 DLC and Gold Edition May 24, 2017, 09:37 Cutter

Do the wheels on the bus go round and round?

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2017, 17:28 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on May 23, 2017, 12:21:
Cutter wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:53:
Who but the most naive of idealists could ever have thought that IoT was a good thing and bound to succeed?

You've grown so old, it is going to happen if not immediately (which it is), in time. If nothing else, generations will grow up with it as the standard and push the close minded out or to the grave, ya know, like always, forever.

See the comment above yours and get a clue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 17:27 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on May 23, 2017, 15:47:
NKD wrote on May 23, 2017, 15:28:
... or pretending the extremists are mentally ill.
While I generally agree with most of what you said it is kind of hard to think anyone wishing to kill innocent civilians in the name of jihad as sane.

It's not about sanity. It's about anger, for all kinds of reasons. It's not like the mighty imperial powers around the world don't foment the rise of terrorism with how they treat people and have treated them for centuries. Get enough poor, oppressed, angry people and what the fuck do you think the end result is going to be at some point? Yeah, they have their share of nutjobs and suckers but no more or less than any place else. Calling it anything else is utter stupidity right up there with chestnuts like "they hate us for our freedoms". That's 'Murica talk and just the sort of unthinking, emotional response those in power hope people will come to.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 12:10 Cutter

There is no right balance between safety and freedom. Britain is already almost a defacto Orwellian nightmare and this sort of shit still occurs. I saw May spouting off how she was going to give the police all the resources they need. Like they don't have that already? The county is covered in CCTV, all the various spy networks and police forces have been spying on people for decades already. Can't wait to see what new Orwellian measures they put into place after this. Probably just eliminate elections entirely. If someone wants to get you they're going to get you not matter what you do. This has been understood by every empire for time immemorial. You don't preserve democracy by stripping it away.

Yeah, sad about Roger. Just watched a few of his Bond flicks recently too. He was better in them than I remember, and I like him more as Bond now than I did when I was younger. I also just heard that apparently he was slated to be the original Bond but couldn't get out of his contract playing The Saint so they had to go with Connery instead.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2017, 11:53 Cutter

Who but the most naive of idealists could ever have thought that IoT was a good thing and bound to succeed?  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 11:50 Cutter

Rolleyes

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 22, 2017, 23:04 Cutter

Wish Valve would hire me so I could get my money for nothing and my chicks for free.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 22, 2017, 23:01 Cutter

Well a good day for justice all around it seems.

News Comments > Impact Winter Released
1. Re: Impact Winter Released May 22, 2017, 22:56 Cutter

I'm curious about this one.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 22, 2017, 22:55 Cutter

Yeah, shit. A year for that and another for PC most likely. Bleh!

News Comments > Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed
4. Re: Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed May 22, 2017, 22:51 Cutter

Capt. Vasili Borodin: I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?

Captain Ramius: I suppose.

Capt. Vasili Borodin: No papers?

Captain Ramius: No papers, state to state.

Capt. Vasili Borodin: Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.

Captain Ramius: Oh, at least.

News Comments > Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed
3. Re: Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed May 22, 2017, 22:50 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on May 22, 2017, 22:47:
All fluff, no substance or gameplay.

Yeah, I really don't care for Ubisoft's formulaic grindfests. The only thing worse are Blizzard games. If it wasn't for the historical context of the Ass Creed games I wouldn't bother with them. Never called at all for the FC series excepting Blood Dragon.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Giveaway
3. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Giveaway May 22, 2017, 22:46 Cutter

It had potential to be a good game but fell woefully short. And when I posted a contstructive criticism of the game one of the devs had a hissy fit. How dare anyone question their genius!

Rolleyes

So yeah, you can easily skip this one, free or not.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 16:44 Cutter

The major problem is if you don't understand the job and how long it takes and what's involved it's easy to get screwed on price. I've had to bring in some outside guys here and there for stuff that was beyond me - or I didn't feel like taking on - but I still know what's involved - time and materials - that I can ballpark a job price pretty accurately. And that's why it never hurts to get a ton of quotes. To tape and mud my workshop - which I do know how to do but absolutely hate doing - it was a day's work plus some material. I had some guys quote as high as $1500 - for which I laughed at them. Guy I hired came in at $300 which was fair. $30 an hour for his time, plus his incidentals like gas, etc and materials is exactly what it should cost.

You can always rely on a larger, more established contractor but you're going to pay out the ass for it and it's not always worth it. My old electrician expanded last year finally making the move to build a real business, and as such his rates skyrocketed and I won't be using him anymore.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
10. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 16:38 Cutter

Enh, whatevs. Another on-rails closed world BiowarEA game. Give me the new TES game and some more Witcher, please and thank you very much.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 21, 2017, 13:50 Cutter

The reason for these things is always and only suits too cheap to spring for real security and PEBCAK errors.

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
1. Re: 11 Million Paladins and Counting May 21, 2017, 11:50 Cutter

If it was a real success they wouldn't be engaging in bullshit marketing speak. 11 million people who tried an F2P game for a few minutes and quit means nothing.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
26. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 21:36 Cutter

Seattle is a perfect example of why cheap labor conservatism is bullshit. When they upped the minimum wage to $15 2 years ago all those cheap fucks screamed how it'd kill off all those lower end jobs. What happened? 2 years later it's now $18 an hour and unemployment plummeted from 10% to 3% and the economy has never - and I mean never - been better. Economics 101: When people who live in a society of conspicuous consumption actually have money to spend they spend it and create more jobs. The only ones it impacts in a negative manner at all are those at the very top who have to take a tiny bit less, and they already have more than they need. Yet, even that comes out in the wash as their sales increase overall!

When NA was never economically stronger, cleaner, safer, etc. when it had strong government regulation, protectionism, and unions. Once Reagan/Thatcher/Mulroney ended that so began the long downward spiral. So don't let anyone ever tell you those things are bad because they're either outright lying or plain fucking stupid.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2017, 12:16 Cutter

So, Blue, do black cars look better in the shade?

Yeah, they need to do way more to combat Lyme.

That journalist is pretty fucking stupid. So he luckily survives being killed than gets up to stand back in the middle of the street as an easy target for shot #2. Reminds me of the opening scene in Private Ryan where the guy's helmet gets shot and he takes it off to look at it then gets his brains blown out.

52 is not middle-aged, that's long past it. 35-40 is middle-aged. I know we're all vain enough we like to think we're not getting old...that old...but that's the reality. It's almost comical and more than a little sad they'd refer to middle-aged as 45-65. 65? Really? Let's - society - adopt a rule, ok? When you hit the big Five Oh you're officially past middle-age. Anything else is vanity.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 12:02 Cutter

And as always when robots replace all these people who's going to have any money to buy anything? It's self-defeating. That was one of the major reasons for the downfall of Rome. There were so many slaves in the empire that citizens couldn't find work. And that started the whole downward spiral of bread and circuses.

26289 Comments. 1315 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo