Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25361 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
10. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 21, 2016, 13:42 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 11:53:
Just woke and read this as, Descent to Undermountain in Development at GOG! WhaaaaaaaaaaaaaT! Hahaha_no Zombie

I would literally kill for a good Undermountain/Skullport game. If I ever win the Powerball I'll buy D&D from WOTC and do it right.

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC
4. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 13:37 Cutter

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the love on it. I start a game and play for an hour before I 'meh' and quit. I really don't care for the civics and special zones. And it's unbelievable at this point they didn't once again - have a map regeneration button. That took them how many years to get into 5? And even sticky menus. When I setup a custom game just leave the goddamned buttons where they are unless I change them. Every single time you want to start a new game you have to go through and modify everything all over again. Boggles the mind.

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2016, 00:13 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 22:43:
Shame on you if you hadn't played ALIEN: Isolation yet. Its one of my all time favorites.

Huh, one of the few games that made me ragequit because of the shitty AI. Ambiance and artwork is effing amazing, everything else sucked balls.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 20, 2016, 23:08 Cutter

QFT...

This article is tripe. The current President expanded and abused surveillance powers like never before. We barely have a 4th Amendment now.

Yet those who regularly disregard Boing Boing's content may bandwagon behind greater Federal surveillance, just as this article pushes anti-PEOTUS people to all of a sudden rally for a Government limited to reasonable searches.

Stop treating Constitutional Rights like football plays. If it works for my team, I like it. If it works against the other team, I like it. That's a 4-to-8 year alternating Tyranny, not a Republic.

Natural Rights aren't tactial assets of craven 2-party system hacks and their media accomplices. We see what you're doing.

I generally like the EFF but this is complete bullshit and outright lying.

"He promised to identify and deport millions of your friends and neighbors, track people based on their religious beliefs, and suppress freedom of the press."

No, he said he was going to deport illegal criminals, and what's wrong with that? He's said he's going to crack down on Islam, not religion in general. And after what we saw through out Europe today - yet again - it's long past due. The far-left needs to pull its collective heads out of the sand and understand that we can't all live on farts and good intentions, and that everyone standing around holding hands singing Kumbaya isn't going to fix anything.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
9. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 22:46 Cutter

Loved all these games. They're all worthy of remaking and updating.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Thursday?
9. Re: Steam Winter Sale Thursday? Dec 20, 2016, 18:25 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 14:58:
Sorry got GMG and GOG mixed up.For some reason I thought you were talking about GMG

Yeah, I haven't used GMG in years. Never will again.

5. Re: Steam Winter Sale Thursday? Dec 20, 2016, 14:55 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:28:
The one thing with Steam is if the game you get sucks at least you can get a refund. If you buy it elsewhere than well you're sol. For that alone it is worth spending an extra penny or two.
Not that I don't have plenty of games to play already.
I miss the daily deals though.

What are you talking about? Steam's 2 hour refund policy is a fucking joke. GOG gives you 30 days. Not 30 hours, 30 days.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2016, 13:37 Cutter

That newt is cool. They should have named it after Newt in Aliens because it mostly comes out at night...mostly.

And yes, that is an awesome Xmas ornament.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2016, 13:28 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 11:30:
We barely even use laptops at work. It's just too convenient to take your laptop to a meeting or bring it home.

Yeah, but there's zero shortage of cubicle dwellers that work on them out there.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2016, 13:27 Cutter

Luke wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 12:59:
Thats how faceshit working it one big misleading company...shitware

How is it you were never nominated for Poet Laureate? Your wordplay is just so elegant and graceful.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 20, 2016, 13:25 Cutter

I don't care how fast wireless is, I care how cheap it is.

1. Re: Steam Winter Sale Thursday? Dec 20, 2016, 13:22 Cutter

Yeah, that's par for the course. Seems most everyone else does sales better than Steam now so I'm more interested in seeing what sites like GOG and such will be doing.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2016, 21:08 Cutter

"Chumley provides no explanation of how his filtering scheme would work or how it would avoid conflicting with the First Amendment."

Oh that's never stopped the GOP before. This, yet again, from the party of "less government interference". Rolleyes

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 19, 2016, 20:40 Cutter

SuiSq was terrible, so no wonder they cancelled it. So you could play a chick with a gun? A black guy with a gun? An aussie with a boomerang? Croc, who just beats people up? Or fire guy, the gangster chicano. Yeah, pass.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
45. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 16:49 Cutter

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:24:
DIA was paying $1 million/Month for 10 years, just to keep the system running poorly, and that doesn't count what they were paying lost/damaged baggage claims.

If you could have cut that opperating cost by 20% they'd have paid you half a million a year. .

The conclusion of why the system never worked, and how the poor decisions during the design phase doomed it from the get go, has so many parallels to what has gone on with Star Citizen

1. The underestimation of complexity
2. A lack of planning resulting in subsequent changes in strategy
3. Excessive schedule pressure
4. Lack of due diligence
5. Making firm commitments in the face of massive risks and uncertainty
6. Poor stakeholder management
7. Communications breakdowns
8. People working in silos
9. Poor design
10. Failure to perform risk management
11. Failure to understand the implication change requests might have
12. Lack of management oversight

Scary really when you think about the amount of money RSI is wasting.

That's the problem with every business that fails. It's the same with restaurants and why they have the highest failure rate. People with more money than common sense - and generally little to no experience - think how cool it'd be to own a bar/resto and gee, how hard can it really be after all? Well it's not hard...if you know what you're doing and you're focused. RSI is a perfect example of this. This is why so many of us chose not to back him to begin with. We were aware of us his previous history and the fact that WC/Freelancer got made IN SPITE of him, not because of him. This was the exact same shit he pulled before except others were holding the purse strings and finally gave him the boot for his incompetence. Vision is easy, ideas are a dime a dozen, focusing and delivering on time and budget is hard.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2016, 16:40 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 10:47:
I don't really have anything to say about waifu coffee makers, but I have to say something about the comments in that article. Because for a second I thought I had entered pinterest, and double checked the url. but no, this was really Ars, home of tech geeks and sub cultures, instead I see puritan stuck up anti-geeks complaining about creepiness of waifus? The actual fuck

What happened to Ars? The comments makes it look like some puritan anti-sub culture cult. That is, shocking!

I seriously thought that Ars was a tech site for geeks. But apparently I was wrong. It has gotten invaded by grumpy old (and very stuck up) dwarfs. ^^

No, it's just sad. There's nothing puritanical about that perspective. Spend that $2700 on some self-improvement and go out and meet a fucking real woman. Hell, take it and go to a rub--n-tug or something at least. That or learn to be alone. That sort of desperation, however, is simply pathetic.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 14:24 Cutter

I need some new specs. Anyone use Warby Parker before? I see they have a store open in Toronto now so I think I'll drop by to check them out.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 13:47 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:10:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:04:
Blade Runner 2049 teaser trailer just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k

Looks great to me. Will be a long wait.
Hard to tell from the trailer but at least there was nothing to indicate it would be bad. I will continue to hope for the best while expecting not too much and look forward to seeing it.

That does indeed look great. Yeah, fingers crossed but trying to keep my expectations low. I may actually have to see this one in the theater.

And speaking of trailers, new one for Ghost in the Shell. Looks good as well, but we'll see.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 13:34 Cutter

Huh weird, I was just watching this on Food Detectives yesterday. People get food poisoning from chicken more than anything else. Not from salmonella but from campylobacter.

In the first episode, Prof Alice Roberts reveals that three quarters of us are taking home a food poisoning bug with us from the supermarket. It is a health food scandal that few of us have even heard of. Campylobacter is the most common cause of food poisoning in the UK. When chickens are slaughtered, the bacteria can contaminate the surface of the bird. It has been found on fresh chilled chickens bought from all the major supermarkets. The food industry has promised to reduce the levels of contamination, but has it? We commissioned our own survey of campylobacter levels on supermarket chickens to find out.

Not only that, but they went over the hygiene methods for preparing chicken - and meats in general - and the big one - every government has been telling people for decades now but they still don't listen - is don't wash the meat! All it does is spread bacteria all over the kitchen. Don't wash the packaging either for the same reason, just bin it immediately. Keep the work area where you're preparing the chicken free from anything and everything else that isn't essential to the operation. And clean up immediately when it's done. And when washing up, make sure to clean your forearms as well. It's amazing how much bacteria makes it on to your arms.

It's a good episode and the black light test is a real eye opener.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2016, 13:19 Cutter

Fucking Millenials, man. Just reading that article and, in particular, some of the comments just shows the sense of entitlement those little assholes have. Hey, welcome to the real world. If a company doesn't want to hire you full time commensurate with a good salary and benefits than it's simply illustrating what it thinks your worth to them is. So go work for someone else or find another field...just like everyone else does. Why the hell do you think most people change careers several times over their life?  

25361 Comments. 1269 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo