Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29043 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 26, 2018, 10:19 Cutter

I dunno about anyone else but I had a ton of fun playing CS hardcore for 2 or 3 years. This is a CRPG. I'm not looking for a real-world gun simulator, I'm looking for something that's fun.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2018, 23:33 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 25, 2018, 22:14:
RIP John Sidney McCain III.

I didn't always agree with his politics but I think it was clear he was a great American. When I saw the news he'd stopped the cancer treatments, I figured he'd be dead within the week. Condolences to all his friends and family.

Yeah, he always struck me as honest and a real republican. I think he was admired and respected on both sides of the aisle, as you said even where those who didn't agree with his politics. Dark days for America indeed.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 25, 2018, 21:17 Cutter

Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2018, 20:41:
Drove down the wrong side of the highway, so he was either drunk or high, and killed a mom and her daughter, the fucking piece of shit. I hope he burns in hell.

Some comments are saying it may have been a suicide attempt. Regardless, if you want to off yourself go right ahead but don't drag other people into it. If that's what it was I imagine he'll get it right the second time around because he is going to lose everything and go to prison for this. It just makes me wonder how anyone so dumb could amass such a fortune in the first place.

And it sounds like that couple that's been stealing from the homeless guy needs to wind up in prison too. Hope he can sue the shit out of them as well.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Wooo! Aug 25, 2018, 09:42 Cutter

Creston wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 19:13:
Very happy about Man in the High Castle 3. It's a slow-paced show, but it is EXCELLENT.

Yepper. I'm down like a clown, Charlie Brown.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2018, 16:40 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 16:18:
Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 11:02:
But although the researchers did find low levels of drinking offered some protection from heart disease, and possibly from diabetes and stroke, the benefits were far outweighed by alcohol’s harmful effects, they said.

Well of course their are pros and cons to booze. It's the same for virtually everything else. Booze thins the blood and combats atherosclerosis. Red wines like Nebbiolo - actually it's only Nebbiolo - has high levels of resveratrol which has all kinds of benefits. I think any study which tells people consume anything in large amounts or abstain entirely are suspect. Hence the old adage about moderation in all things still being the soundest wisdom of all.

The point of the article is that the cons outweigh the pros regardless of amount consumed.

And they're wrong. Same way they were wrong about fats, cholesterol, coffee, et al. Funniest thing ever is that Woody Allen called in the 1970s in his movie Sleeper.

Sleeper - Health Food

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2018, 16:33 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 11:06:
Ah yes, social media, where discerning patients get all their health care information. Sometimes I feel like all these asshats on social media now are just too 'new' to the internet game or something... they missed out on the 90s and 00s era constant shit talk and lying on the internet, and now believe everything they read if it at all conforms with their unsupported personal beliefs.

Then again, people have been gullible since the dawn of man, so probably not much has changed, just the delivery system for the bullshit.

Because you and most everyone around here is a lot smarter and more educated than the average human being. Never forget that over half of the people you meet are of below average intelligence - more like 3/4.
How the fuck else do you explain things like the success of the Kardashians and assholes on Reality TV shows?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2018, 16:30 Cutter

And once again we see the GOP is anti-worker. Yet the majority of their base are those selfsame idiots who continually vote against their own self-interest. Hence the old saying, 'There are two kinds of conservatives. The rich and the stupid. Most of them aren't rich.'

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 24, 2018, 16:26 Cutter

Jesus, was that Ars article ever asinine. One of the dumber articles I've ever seen on Ars. Guy is completely clueless or a shill for the robotics industry.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2018, 11:02 Cutter

But although the researchers did find low levels of drinking offered some protection from heart disease, and possibly from diabetes and stroke, the benefits were far outweighed by alcohol’s harmful effects, they said.

Well of course their are pros and cons to booze. It's the same for virtually everything else. Booze thins the blood and combats atherosclerosis. Red wines like Nebbiolo - actually it's only Nebbiolo - has high levels of resveratrol which has all kinds of benefits. I think any study which tells people consume anything in large amounts or abstain entirely are suspect. Hence the old adage about moderation in all things still being the soundest wisdom of all.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 10:53 Cutter

No one is silencing anyone. Not that the GOP base is capable of understanding anything that simple anyway.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 19:48 Cutter

The sun always shines on TV....  

18. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 16:41 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 23:17:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 22:22:
What a sad story. I can only imagine how the hell I would have typed on Twitter if that was a thing when I was in my late teens to early 20s.

Still, stay off Twitter(and all social media for that matter) kids, the internet is forever.

My daughter had accounts on most of the SM platforms. Then about a year ago she closed them all and hasn't been on since. "They're fake and stupid." There's hope for the future.

See, all those regular beatings have paid off. Smart and disciplined kids.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2018, 16:39 Cutter

And fuck IBM too with that shitty idea. Yeah, like the article says, what could possibly go wrong with drones flying around with scalding hot liquid and profiling everyone they can.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 23, 2018, 16:35 Cutter

Is she retarded? She'd pretty much have to be if she doesn't understand by age 12 that immolating one's self is a bad thing. Sounds more like some scam the mom and her boyfriend cooked up to sue Youtube for some quick cash. If not, change her name to Mongo.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 16:29 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 14:44:
atomicfro wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 14:25:
Is there a real issue with female characters in Battlefield 5, or is this an issue made up by the SJW media?

Or the other side, is this blown out of proportion by that group?

Not at all because this is a perfect example of out of control liberal revisionism. This sort of pandering is pathetic and the entire reason why liberal democracy is dying the world over. The sooner this bullshit ends, the better off the world will be. It may be well intentioned but that's what the road to hell is paved with.

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu Trailer
1. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Aug 23, 2018, 16:06 Cutter

Enh, I dunno. Console graphics don't help sell it either.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 22, 2018, 20:19 Cutter

I thought the first two seasons were good and then it became a victim of its own success and rapidly went downhill. I know a lot of people who know sweet FA about science or geekdom and think it's a wonderful show. That speaks volumes about it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 22, 2018, 20:16 Cutter

The GOP must be furious with this failed hack and terrified of what their Russian masters will do for this failure!

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 22, 2018, 20:15 Cutter

Again, this man's position and history was obviously unknown to the soon-to-be intern, and so she swiftly replied: “Suck my d**k and balls, I’m working at NASA.” Hickam fired back with: “And I am on the National Space Council that oversees NASA.” Uh oh.

Hahahahaha! Fucking burn! And another 'tard hangs themself on their own petard now known as social-media.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2018, 20:10 Cutter

Santa Clara County disputed Verizon's characterization of the problem in a press release last night. "Verizon's throttling has everything to do with net neutrality—it shows that the ISPs will act in their economic interests, even at the expense of public safety," County Counsel James Williams said on behalf of the county and fire department. "That is exactly what the Trump Administration's repeal of net neutrality allows and encourages."

And Bingo was his name-o.

QFT...

Claims that the free market will correct situations such as this always make me laugh at the absurdity of the claim. Situations such as this make it very clear that the free market will happily let people die in the name of profits.

There is a reason why water, health care, medicine, food, and pollution are regulated.

There is a reason why the internet and communications need more robust regulation and consumer protection.

Awesome comment and spot on!

29043 Comments. 1453 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo