Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 26453 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane
6. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 27, 2017, 21:22 Cutter

Yeah, fond memories of Arx.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Magic Duels Support Ending
3. Re: Magic Duels Support Ending Jun 27, 2017, 21:21 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 19:44:
I assume Wizard of the Coast hates money, because after this, they might as well jump of a cliff, economically (on Steam)

But hey, that's not surprising from one of the most incompetent digital IP owners of the century. They are the reason that the best fucking fantasy IP to this day has no RPG on PC, no movies, no shows, nothing of value or interest to a young or 30~ audience.

I still remember that MTG game where you traveled on a map, found cards, and battled AI with unique decks. When was that? Oh right, 20 fucking years ago!

Yeah, well said. I wish TSR had never sold out to these clowns.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2017, 17:54 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 13:17:
Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 12:10:
A better article would be the follow-up of what these monsters are getting for prison time. All of these constitute wire fraud and bank fraud which are 20 years and 30 year sentences respectfully...for each count. I think a 20 year minimum sentence for these sorts of scams would be a good start and about the only deterrent that would work, Some of these more egregious offenders should be getting life without parole. That'd send a clear message, And these online funding platforms need to take the time to remind would be scammers of that.
Yes, because as the War on Drugs has shown, incarcerating a million people has completely removed drugs from society.

Sentencing varies depending on the drugs involved which is why you see loads of pot dealers and very few heroin traffickers. The reward is much higher for the latter but so is the punishment. And most people aren't willing to engaged in that sort of risk/reward scenario. Deterrents work. No one said they stop anything or they'd be called Stops and not Deterrents.

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 This Year
24. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 17:48 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 16:40:
The problem isn't that we hate all cops and love criminals. The problem is that police culture itself goes to any and all lengths to protect those bad apples from reprocussions. Also police acadamies spend 10 hours on deescalation techniques but 90 hours on firearm training. And so we end up with hundreds of innocent lives lost.

The UK and Japan average about one suspect killed by police per year. We average 1000 in the US. That's a primary cause of the ill will cast at police despite the majority being good people trying to do a hard job.

That's pretty much it. People in general are either pro-authority (conservatives) or anti-authority (liberals). And while some people are pretty rabid in their extreme views whether it be pro or con I'd agree most people agree that some degree of law enforcement is at least necessary.

As you said, the major problem is when the thin blue line closes ranks to protect the psychopaths that shouldn't be cops to begin with. They really need to be going the other way and drumming them out of the force ASAP because it doesn't just give that department a bad name it makes cops EVERYWHERE look bad.

I've certainly had my share of run-ins with both. Some have been really good guys and some have just been complete sociopaths. One of the other major problems is that there's absolutely zero real oversight or punishment for cops who do wrong. When I had a run in with one several years ago I filed a complaint with the police watchdog and nothing came of it. So I checked their stats and it turns out that they dismiss 97.3% of all complaints. That's outrageous! If someone is taking the time to fill out an official complaint than odds are they have a legitimate beef.

Even in the cases where a cop is found guilty - and that's usually only if it's caught on camera AND involves multiple witnesses - the threshold is ridiculously high - nothing happens to them. Cases of assault - most common - and other things and at most they get docked a few days pay. They won't even apologize. Are you fucking kidding me? Any civilian in most of these cases would be losing his job no questions asked and likely looking at jail time. Nor will the departments - here at least - hand over any information on a cop, if there were prior disciplinary problems, etc. nor does the civilian services board take that into account either. It's a fucking joke and a waste of several million tax dollars to boot for a feel good, do-nothing discipline board. I'm sure the story is the same most everywhere else.

Not to mention, here cops are the number one major drain on resources and we get the least in return for them. The crime clearance rate in the GTA is 33% and they cost the taxpayers over a billion dollars a year which is 3X more expensive than the next major expense which is the budget for city infrastructure. Try to cut that budget and they go full out trying to paint you as some criminal, terrorist loving, pedophile. The money would be better spent so many other places which would reduce the need for police in the first place. Authoritarian based systems are always and only a downward spiral for all concerned except those in power at the top.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2017, 12:29 Cutter

Well, it's 'the human plague' so people don't confuse it with the 'non-human plague'. You could see where could cause a lot of consternation. 'Oh my god, the plague?!?! Wait! Is that the human plague or non-human plague we're talking about?!'

Yeah, I think the US and Can govts should be doing a hell of a lot more about the tick problem.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 27, 2017, 12:20 Cutter

Good, fuck Google.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2017, 12:10 Cutter

A better article would be the follow-up of what these monsters are getting for prison time. All of these constitute wire fraud and bank fraud which are 20 years and 30 year sentences respectfully...for each count. I think a 20 year minimum sentence for these sorts of scams would be a good start and about the only deterrent that would work, Some of these more egregious offenders should be getting life without parole. That'd send a clear message, And these online funding platforms need to take the time to remind would be scammers of that.

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 This Year
1. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 12:00 Cutter

Does this one allow white cops to shoot black cops like what happened in St. Louis the other day? Lol!

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jun 26, 2017, 22:06 Cutter

Visuals are really nicely done, but reading some of the neg reviews I'm concerned with how they're handling some of the actual game design. Real-time instead of turn-based is just stupid for a game like this. Also no mention of an editor or how new maps, models, etc. would be handled. Ima keep an eye on it for sure though.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 26, 2017, 22:02 Cutter

Looks good!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. removed Jun 26, 2017, 19:29 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 26, 2017, 20:59.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2017, 19:27 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 18:40:
Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 15:21:
I prefer the director's without the VO. I don't require that sort of exposition in films. Let the viewer draw their own conclusions.
You only say that now, that you saw the original that gave you the full story of what's happening. I.e. Aft-Knowledge. Someone watching for the first time, wouldn't experience the full effect the VO gives. It's always easy to say after you know the answer.

Um no. I can figure it out for myself because I'm not stupid. Exposition is for dumb people, 'Oh so that's what's going on. Derp!' And that's exactly why the suits forced Ridley to do that and why he hated it so much. Is there a film out there that you wouldn't understand without exposition? And I don't mean some nonsensical arthouse bullshit. No of course not, because you're not dumb either. It's not like Bladerunner's story was particularly obtuse.

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
53. removed Jun 26, 2017, 19:22 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 26, 2017, 19:52.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2017, 15:21 Cutter

I prefer the director's without the VO. I don't require that sort of exposition in films. Let the viewer draw their own conclusions.

23. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 13:56 Cutter

Smart has actially managed to make and ship a few games. Roberts? Still sitting at ZERO.

14. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 11:53 Cutter

Nidian wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 10:57:
I'm far more inclined to believe this statement from RSI over any drivel that comes from Derek Smart to be honest. Any news that comes from RSI or Star Citizen ironically seems to be immediately spun into the worst case scenario by Mr Smart & people of his ilk. He seriously needs to bury that hatchet that he has been grinding away at since the days of Origin Systems. It is time to let it go & move the hell on... good grief.

That's it, drink the kool-aid. What's it like, being part of a cult? Must be nice, not having to ever question anything and just believing everything you're told. "The Leader is good! The Leader is great! We surrender our will as of this date!"

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2017, 21:51 Cutter

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 17:48:
Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 12:58:
Didn't believe there was a state dumber than Texas but thanks for proving me wrong Colorado!

AFAIK Weed is still illegal in Texas, so nope. Wrong again Cutter.

Hah, almost.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 21:48 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 13:13:
Fion wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 12:53:
How on earth do you run out of money when you have $150 million budget? Let alone so out of money that you need a second loan from bankers?
Thing is, they're not running out of money. And "IP collateral" is very common when you have no physical assets. The loan itself is to buy a building for development, likely to reduce costs and to centralize things. Because right now they have people all over the world working on this and their accountant came to him saying "this is costing a lot, this might be better."

edit: I could go down to the bank monday morning and get an IP collateral loan if I wanted one. TDCanadatrust for example has an entire banking division built around it.

Mash, you're one of the few people around here I respect but how do you know any better than the rest of us what the state of their finances are? Sure you can secure loans to write off taxes against the principle, but they're also a last ditch effort of companies in trouble. The reality is no one beyond CR and said bankers know for sure. It's one or the other, and unless CR allows his backers that information than, yeah, you can bet they're in financial trouble. And if it wasn't the latter why weren't they above board with this in the first place? The whole thing reeks of scam at this point moreso than it ever did.

News Comments > More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success
5. Re: More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success Jun 25, 2017, 21:43 Cutter

Whatever, devs struck lightning, good for them. It could have just as easily gone the other way. I wish I had that kind of luck.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 13:12 Cutter

Like many of us said from the outset. WC, Freelancer, et al. got made in spite of CR, not because of him. EA and MS both had to kick his ass to the curb in order to save those projects. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see that he and his golddigger of a wife have embezzled most of the money themselves and will soon fuckoff to somewhere without an extradition treaty.

26453 Comments. 1323 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo