Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28554 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2018, 09:53 Cutter

Disney should be doing other stuff with SW like Tales of the Bounty Hunters and the Thrawn trilogy. That stuff is way more interesting and fun.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2018, 15:49 Cutter

Golden Delicious is my temptation of choice. They also make the best baking apples IMO.

Cockroach milk? Um no. First quote that sprang to mind when I saw that was Jules Winnfield, "Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker."

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2018, 15:36 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 27, 2018, 14:57:
What the fuck? Surely this is yet another sign that we're all living in the Twilight Zone?

House Flipper, the game. It exists. And it's in the top 10 in sales on Steam.

Just call it already, humanity. You've lost it.

*Lengthy rant against house flippers in real life driving up the price of real estate(artificially) contributing to the downfall of society in general* -Cut for time and space-

All those house flipping shows are bullshit. Basically most everything on HGTV is bullshit. I know a few guys that flip for a living and they don't make anything close to what the assholes on those shows claim they do. And I woulnd't say they drive up prices because they're a very tiny minority overall. Anyone dumb enough to buy a flipped home deserves to get soaked. Growing up with in a family of tradesmen and a master carpenter for a pop I've steered friends and family away from obvious flips. I always tell people if you want something turnkey and you have money to burn go for it, otherwise buy a dump, gut it and hire a contractor to reno it the way you want it done. You'll get what it is exactly you want at a lot less money. And it gives you the opportunity to make sure the plumbing and electrical are all done right and up to date which are always a hazard in flipped homes.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2018, 17:24 Cutter

Wow, that short film Tank was fantastic! Perfect music for it too.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale 4 Video Walkthrough
5. Re: The Bard's Tale 4 Video Walkthrough May 26, 2018, 16:52 Cutter

Darks wrote on May 26, 2018, 16:21:
Originally backed this, but once I saw it was turned based, I dumped this piece of shit. I wanted a true successor to the last Bards Tale that came out. not another fucking tuned based game.

Theirs just far to many of these types of games anymore. Its getting ridiculous! Playing Turned based games makes you feel like some old decrepit old man who cant keep up with real-time games anymore.

TB rules for CRPGs. DOS1/2 are hella better for combat than the Bioware RT with pause bullshit type games. The only problem with this one is that the combat rounds and animations are way too goddamned slow.

News Comments > PUBG Developer's Letter
3. Re: PUBG Developer's Letter May 26, 2018, 16:32 Cutter

They will keep loving and playing it right up until the next fad comes along.

5. Re: Out of the Blue (Re: Into the Black- late) May 25, 2018, 12:49 Cutter

Rigs wrote on May 25, 2018, 12:41:
I was very shocked and saddened to see last night that TB had passed away...I knew he wasn't doing well but I didn't think it was that bad and so soon. I haven't been around lately and that was like one of the first things I saw when I checked in again. I lost my mother on Monday night, two weeks after she had major heart surgery. She had a stroke a few hours after the surgery, during the night and it just got worse every day after that. She got pneumonia and then her kidneys failed. When they wanted to do yet another major surgery, they said she most likely wouldn't survive and it was at that point that I had to make the difficult decision to let her go in peace instead of in horrible pain. I haven't really slept since. Half an hour here, 20 mins there. When I saw TB had passed, my heart was in my throat and it was really hard not to lose it. I was at the hospital almost every day and I had started to go back through TB's backlog that I hadn't watched, just to try to get my mind off things, even if it was only for a few mins.

It just isn't fair. None of it. Sometimes, in my sleep deprived mind, I start to think I died and now I'm in Hell thinking I'm still alive. Would explain a lot.

Sorry as hell for your loss, Rigs. Just remember, nothing ever really dies. We just all go on to become other things. What the caterpillar calls the end, the butterfly calls the beginning.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2018, 23:20 Cutter

Didn't really care for him all that much but he had his moments. I remember laughing my ass off once when he was playing the beta for Planetside 2 and got fragged by someone on the blue team to which his response was, "Oh you Smurfy little bastard!"

Man, he was not kidding when he said he didn't have long. There's no good diseases. They all suck. Best you can ever hope for with any of them is that the end comes quick. No man knoweth the day or the hour. It always pisses me off when people like him kick off so early yet assholes like Trump litter the earth living into their 70s and 80s when them kicking off a few decades earlier would have so much better for humanity on the whole.

RIP TB.

News Comments > Wargaming Seattle Closing
1. Re: Wargaming Seattle Closing May 24, 2018, 23:04 Cutter

Huh, wonder what happened there. That sounds...sudden.

News Comments > Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App
1. Re: Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App May 24, 2018, 23:02 Cutter

Better still, dump Apple entirely.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2018, 18:26 Cutter

1badmf wrote on May 24, 2018, 18:16:
jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2018, 14:20:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 24, 2018, 14:14:
jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2018, 13:50:
Neither of which is as stupid as putting your body in the way of a 1200 lb animal charging at 25MPH.
I don't think the horse was going quite that fast, certainly not when it got to her. But that's not nearly as stupid as the cyclist charging in to "diffuse the situation" -- unless perhaps it was his backpack to begin with. He did pay a bit of price for it though. All in all, an Out of the Blue filled with stupidity it appears.
LoL so true. That guy is either an idiot, or set the whole thing up Leroy Jenkins style.

and of coures the YT comments are full of hero-worshiping/stupid cops comments. nevermind what would've happened had he been wrong.

But he wasn't and proved a valuable point that cops are engaging in these shenanigans simply as street theater to keep the people scared and money and power flowing to them because 'turrism!. What on earth made it "suspicious" in the first place? Someone simply forgot a bag. And instead of a security guard just picking it up and checking it out his first instinct is to call the fucking bomb squad? I know rampant paranoia is dyed deeply into the very fabric of America but that's just absurd. Whatever happened to the "home of the brave"? How much time and how many tax dollars are wasted on this shit across the country every single day? If there's no actual, real reason for it to be considered "suspicious" than just open the fucking bag and look inside before making a mountain out of a molehill. I sweat to Christ they need to start dumping Valium in your water supply.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2018, 15:17 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on May 24, 2018, 10:31:
Cutter wrote on May 24, 2018, 10:17:
Yeah, give smokers a tour of a lung cancer/COPD ward in a hospital and see how that motivates them instead.

For most of them, it probably wouldn't. They already know the dangers and have either decided to take the risk or naively believe "it won't happen to them". The fact a cash inducement works is fairly counter-intuitive considering they'd have more money if they stop smoking. The price per pack in over $4 and much higher in some locations.

$4? Where do you live? Mexico? I don't even think smokes were $4 a pack when I used to smoke a few decades ago. I'm not certain but I think a small pack of ghetto smokes here is around $10 and brand name ones are $12-$15. My neighbor smokes and he drives over an hour to an Indian reservation to buy a few cartons at a time and I think he said it's like $7 or $8 per pack that way - not including the $20 or $30 in gas he's spending on top of that. All I know is I'm glad quit and wish I never had started to begin with. Government just needs to keep piling on the taxes until they quit.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 24, 2018, 15:12 Cutter

Rilcon wrote on May 24, 2018, 11:51:
Cutter wrote on May 24, 2018, 10:07:
Yeah well that could be a problem if an when an AI ever actually exists which is likely never.
Did you read the article? It's not terminator picking up a gun and using 20k hours of codblops playtime as training to go on a massacre, it's about using the same sort of adaptive competitive AI that can crush people on DotA and having it run amok with network vulnerabilities instead, with the bonus of being able to run hundreds of these learning agents simultaneously instead of a team of fleshy hackers performing the same tasks with all their input limitations.

Did you read what I wrote? English comprehension fail much?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2018, 15:11 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on May 24, 2018, 13:03:
jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2018, 12:33:
Simon Says wrote on May 24, 2018, 10:51:
If Apple made a car, you'd have to return it to Apple to get it repaired...

And an oil change would cost $300. Also, all the parts would be glued together, not bolted.
Wheels would be welded on. If you get a flat, apple would just tell you, you were driving it wrong.

No you'd have to ship it back to the factory for repair at your expense or upgrade to a completely new vehicle.

News Comments > Extended Vampyr Video
6. Re: Extended Vampyr Video May 24, 2018, 15:08 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on May 24, 2018, 13:35:
To me it seems like its own game, enough is different from both Vampire variants we had back when. I'll be amazed if they can make it have the feel of Bloodlines.

How could it even come close when you had all those clans and styles to choose from in Bloodlines and this is just the story of what appears to be a rather wuss bloodsucker. Playing as the Nosferatu or Malkavian in Bloodlines was awesome.

News Comments > Dauntless Open Beta
6. Re: Dauntless Open Beta May 24, 2018, 15:05 Cutter

Yeah just looking at some gameplay vids was very meh inspiring. These guys are clearly trying to capitalize on every well worn style there is and hope it sticks. It won't.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2018, 10:17 Cutter

Well of course his wife had to do it because white men are stupid as well as evil, right? Rolleyes

Yeah, give smokers a tour of a lung cancer/COPD ward in a hospital and see how that motivates them instead.

Good on the cyclist for showing up the cops and their phony war on terror stagecraft.

Lol @ Brvity.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 24, 2018, 10:08 Cutter

Was watching some vids on this last night and it looks really good. I'll be grabbing it when it gets back down to $20.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 24, 2018, 10:07 Cutter

Yeah well that could be a problem if an when an AI ever actually exists which is likely never.

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
29. Re: Battlefield V in October May 24, 2018, 09:09 Cutter

bigspender wrote on May 23, 2018, 22:50:
For sure, but I believe it has more to do with marketing the game to a wider audience than SJW pandering. It's a smart business move to make it appeal to more people.

Is it though? Most people have had enough of the PC bullshit. The silent majority is pissed off and not staying silent anymore. This is manifesting itself the world over. Look at most of the recent elections in Europe where it's all starting to go hard right. Even here after 15 years of Liberal misrule it looks like they're going to get crushed - and rightfully so - this June. I suppose we'll see.

28554 Comments. 1428 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo