Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25389 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 30, 2016, 01:43 Cutter

How in the fucking fuck is something this obvious patentable?

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
13. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Dec 30, 2016, 01:37 Cutter

Heavy duty rock and roll brings out the duty in my soul....

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry. Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." - Van Morrison

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 13:34 Cutter

Yeah, but has 2016 really killed off more people, or just more people than usual that are popular and well liked? Every year there's people who die we all go 'Awww' to. The response to it seems like it's become something of a meme for everyone to get on board with.

Reality is the world is vastly overpopulated and it's only getting worse. Birth rates are still double death rates...and they're still increasing. Birth control has to be a new global maxim or we're headed for a Malthusian crisis. Granted, we'll likely all be dead before it occurs but your kids are screwed. At current rates each successive decade is going to get worse for everyone on this planet as population increase and move and resources dwindle. It'll make 2016 seem like a picnic by comparison.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2016, 22:22 Cutter

Capella wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 22:10:
Damn I am really starting to think it is the beginning of the rapture. Scared to know what the next few days will bring.

Guess, we'll really see starting Jan. 20th.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 28, 2016, 22:18 Cutter

I guess we have very different ideas about what fantastic means.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 28, 2016, 22:15 Cutter

Why bother linking WSJ articles? They're all paywall. That aside, what's Obama going to do besides give them a stern talking to? Trump is solidly on Putin's knob and soon as he takes the reins this will all amount to so much hot air.

News Comments > Orc Hunter VR Early Access
3. Re: Orc Hunter VR Early Access Dec 28, 2016, 15:55 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 15:06:
This looks cool for a VR-with-controllers game.

It looks like a crappy tech demo - like almost every VE "game" so far - that they have the gall to charge money for.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2016, 13:52 Cutter

Rush rush, got the yayo?
Buzz buzz, gimme yayo
Rush rush, got the yayo?
Yo yo, no no yayo!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2016, 15:13 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 14:12:
And on top of this, no one shall be able to talk to the person next to them... since... it would be the same thing as yapping on a phone. Any talk could be dangerous in the case we need your utmost attention immediately, we cannot have random conversations going on elsewhere. That also means no headphone usage either, we may have to speak to you pronto. Eyes closed, no eyes wide open. If you aren't getting the point, we need immediate attention in case of an emergency.

How about this... get rid of airplanes, we are too afraid, we are not home of the brave, we are home of the paranoid.

The argument that I found more relevant vs the article came from within the notes about the safety of the phone itself, not people talking. That said, I would still want the usage of a device like a walkman or dvd player, things not running hot or really expand their content on-board. To think I'll I can have is the magazine, yeah I had that 20 years ago and hated it then to. I'm totally not up for that kind of turn the clock back.

I will never hear you talking to the person next to you or on a phone, I'll have my eyes shut and headset set on 11.

It's not the same thing. I've blown people off who wanted to chat. And even when people do, they modify their volume and discussion because they're aware of what's going on around them. People lose that situational awareness with phones, and forget to modify their conversations and volume. And again, when you're out in public you have the option of walking away and finding a quieter space, you don't have that option in a confined space with people already under stress. These are COMPLETELY different things. It's the sort of shit that's already inducing air-rage and that's why they're calling for the ban. Phones should be banned on planes, period. Same with booze. If you can't last a few hours without a phone or alcohol than you have some really serious issues and shouldn't be permitted on a plane either.

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
20. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 15:08 Cutter

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:01:
I dont get all the hate.
GTA 5 took 7 years to complete on the PC. Star Citizen is at least as big, if not much bigger. So of course it will take at least as long.
But I guess now I know why publishers dont announce games that early... because of whiners who cant even put 1 and 1 together.

Apples and oranges, buddy. Does Rockstar ever ask anyone for dime one? CR asked for money for a WC type game and has blown it off. Rockstar actually delivers the game you know they're making. And lastly, they have a successful track record, wildly successful.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2016, 13:57 Cutter

They're correct. A bunch of people crammed into a tiny space under already dangerous conditions is stressful enough. Add all these people yammering on phones non-stop for several hours and shit is going to go down. I know even when I'm in a cafe or something when some asshole is talking away non-stop beside me I feel like punching them in the face. Crammed into a plane forced to sit next to someone for several hours? Forget it about it!

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2016, 15:09.

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
12. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 13:53 Cutter

Tumbler wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:02:
Is it fair to call it vaporware *SNIP*

Yes, yes it is. Even DNF was producing work - after a fashion. This game was supposed to be SQ42. Now it likely will never be. The whole model is about keeping the money flowing in without nothing to show for it except the illusion that things are really happening. The alpha's they keep releasing is the same shit for several years now. That's a classic ponzi scheme.

News Comments > Hero's Song Cancelled
6. Re: Hero's Song Cancelled Dec 27, 2016, 13:49 Cutter

Spektr wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:04:
Because one gets paid even if the project fails

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 12:57:
This was a terrible business model... Why even start with that vague hope of "Well, maybe we'll get enough money down the road?"

Exactly. This equates to a 'go on, take the money and run' scam. I'll be amazed if anyone gets their money back.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 13:48 Cutter

As someone who's had a couple of friends die from heroin ODs and drug related complications I know that story all too well. There is just no upside to it. I really wish people could find a better way to alleviate whatever problems they're having and stay away from that shit. Much as I disagree with prohibition on almost anything illegal, heroin is the one thing I do not.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2016, 16:49 Cutter

You’re an Adult. Your Brain, Not So Much.

Confirmed by any random internet comment thread.

I look at females the exact same as I did when I hit puberty. I pretty much just wanna' hump em' all. Sure I love them and respect them and all that jive, but when we get right down to the brass tacks? The little head does the thinkin'.

Afer all, it's like George Michael said, "All we have to see is that I don't belong to you, and you don't belong to me. Yeah, yeah, freedom!"

News Comments > Boxing Day Metaverse
1. Re: Boxing Day Metaverse Dec 26, 2016, 16:43 Cutter

Shortcut #1. Stop supporting motherfuckers who don't support you.

News Comments > Christmas Tech Bits
9. Re: Christmas Tech Bits Dec 26, 2016, 02:50 Cutter

Just subsidize solar roofs and windpods and that's the problem mostly solved right there. How many houses could that little strip of road done that for? Several hundred? All making real energy and sending it back to the grid.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 18:53 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 18:31:
George Michael just died, he was 53.

I would say,"Suck it 2016" but somehow, this doesn't seem...quite right to say *cough*.

Yeah, came by to post that. Was always a fan of his. Man, so many good people gone this year, meanwhile dicks like Trump and Co. just roll on. Fuck this year in the ass - not like that's a bad thing or anything, just the figurative F in the A.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 15:45 Cutter

We're supposed to hit a record high of 10C tomorrow so, I'll buy that for a dollar! Just got the prime rib in the over for a slow cook, Alton Brown style. Got my heirloom veg all prepped and ready for roasting. Got my apple pie ready for dessert and the apple cider ready for mulling. Now I'm just taking a break with a little coffee and Baileys & Kahlua action. Good stuff. Happy Christmas, folks!

P.S. Enh, on that Alien trailer. Didn't hook me remotely as much as the new Blade Runner one. Good that it has Billy Crudup in it. Always liked his work, especially as Pre in Without Limits.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2016, 14:07 Cutter

The worst part of no flash sales is there's never any pleasant surprises. What you see on day one is what you get for the rest of the sale.

25389 Comments. 1270 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo