Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25613 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 17:33 Cutter

So vid card price drops in March?!?!

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow
8. Re: SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow Feb 1, 2017, 17:29 Cutter

panbient wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 14:13:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 12:33:
Maybe because the vast majority of people have to bust their hump in the real world and don't get bullshit like residuals for sitting around talking into a fucking microphone for a few hours. ZERO sympathy for these clowns. They VASTLY overestimate their worth and importance...as they're now learning. This isn't about sympathy for publishers, it's about fuck those greedy clowns. Don't like it? Go do something else like everyone else does.

How the actual fuck do you have a Van Morrison quote with an attitude like this? The ONLY reason you or anyone else is even aware of his music and lyrics is because of royalties and residuals that support creative endeavors.

Or should that greedy clown have fucked off from a career in music to do something else like everyone else does?

Are you high? Or were you just dropped on your head a lot as a child? People are aware of his music because they buy his albums and share them. Royalties and residuals always have been and always will be bullshit. If the whole world worked like that it'd grind to a screeching halt.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
15. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 17:21 Cutter

heroin wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 15:32:
I'd totally dig a life-sized Sylvanas doll

I second this sentiment, but it's need to have all the modern bells & whistles and she has to say dark & sarcastic comments

So what you guys are saying is what you really want is a Sylvanas Realdoll. Biker

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 12:40 Cutter

Jan, and Feb - in particular - are the two worst months of the year so the fact that one is over and we only have 27 more days to go get through this one makes me happeh!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 12:38 Cutter

Nucas wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:17:
this won't stop outsourcing to india, just stop them from importing indian slaves directly to corporate.

Anything that makes it harder for domestic companies to screw domestic workers is a good thing.

Trump is, of course, a hypocrite as he's always abused the HB-2 visa program for his hotels. I wonder what most of the Trumpettes would say about that if they knew.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2017, 12:34 Cutter

I hear the secrets that you keep, when you're talking in your sleep....

News Comments > SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow
4. Re: SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow Feb 1, 2017, 12:33 Cutter

Maybe because the vast majority of people have to bust their hump in the real world and don't get bullshit like residuals for sitting around talking into a fucking microphone for a few hours. ZERO sympathy for these clowns. They VASTLY overestimate their worth and importance...as they're now learning. This isn't about sympathy for publishers, it's about fuck those greedy clowns. Don't like it? Go do something else like everyone else does.

News Comments > EA Financials
8. Re: EA Financials Feb 1, 2017, 02:15 Cutter

NHL 95 was the first game I worked on for my short stint at EA.

News Comments > BioWare on Their New IP
8. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 23:42 Cutter

Well, maybe if they made a new CRPG-maker like NWN I'd go all in, but yeah, otherwise I'm in no rush for any of their games anymore.

News Comments > Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Next Month
2. Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Next Month Jan 31, 2017, 21:12 Cutter

Why is it so goddamned difficult for someone to make a new NWN style game?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 31, 2017, 21:12 Cutter

It was the heat of the moment...  

News Comments > Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2 End
3. Re: Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2 End Jan 31, 2017, 21:10 Cutter

AC, oh AC, we hardly knew ye.

News Comments > BioWare on Their New IP
2. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 21:09 Cutter

Prior to EA that would be exciting, now not so much.

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up
2. Re: Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up Jan 31, 2017, 21:08 Cutter

When it comes to clickbait Kotaku would know. Denying to those idiots is the strongest confirmation yet that it's in the works.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 17:43 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:11:
It's stuff like this where politicians allow flagrant abuses that help populist candidates rise.

Yes, and we need more populism globally because that's the only thing that's going to end the madness of insane liberalism and unchecked corporate greed. We've let this shit go on for far too long now. If it doesn't stop that will only lead to a much, much worse result in the end for all concerned. Even Obama was smart enough to mention that in his last address....

"For blacks and other minority groups, it means tying our own very real struggles for justice to the challenges that a lot of people in this country face -- not only the refugee, or the immigrant, or the rural poor, or the transgender American, but also the middle-aged white guy who, from the outside, may seem like he's got advantages, but has seen his world upended by economic and cultural and technological change. We have to pay attention, and listen."

We're all sick of being vilified constantly from all side and the assumptions that we all live the life of Reilly. If that's the kind of party women and minorities want to have than fuck yeah, we're going to stick our dicks in the mashed potatoes. If that's how the rich/corporations think they keep up on shafting us sans lube than they're in for a rude fuckin' awakening. The anger our there is palpable these days and unless things get better they're gonna' get a hell of a lot worse.

Mark these words, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we end up at war sometime in the next 4 years. And I mean a major conflict with China. Time to start building those fallout shelters methinks.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content
11. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content Jan 31, 2017, 17:31 Cutter

Nullity wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 12:52:
A little while back, myself and a few friends and coworkers were all considering buying this and setting up our own private server. It looked like it could be a lot of fun. Then less than 2 days later, before we got a chance to coordinate and pull the trigger, they released paid DLC for an early access game.

I audibly let out a jaded sigh of defeat, calmly muttered to myself something to the effect of "for fucks sake, of course they did", and promptly put my virtual wallet away. That was the end of that - they lost about 5-7 sales.

(Before anyone goes there, yes I know the story behind why this happened. However, they certainly went about it the wrong way. If they would have been up front and open about the reasoning from the beginning, I probably would have forgiven them, but that's not what went down.)

I should have been surprised, but I wasn't. This industry has lowered the bar so much, that I just naturally expect shady and shitty practices. It sucks, I want the good old days of gaming back.

There guys are the poster child for why you don't buy EA games. I bought this in June 2015. Played it for a month or two and decided to nuke it until the finished it. Here we are coming up on 2 years later and, as you mentioned, they've released a paid DLC for it, and it's still no where close to ready for primetime. You see recent purchases still complaining about the same shit - as well as new shit - for the last 2 years now.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access
24. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 17:25 Cutter

Yeah, watched and hour or two of Twitch streams it's most definitely very early access, like early alpha access from the looks of. If you already own ARK, Subnautica, or any one of a hundred other survival games there's little point in jumping in on this as it looks to be at least a year out, more likely 2. As LittleMe mentioned, it's nuckin' futs they'd want full price for early adopters so yeah I'd wait for several months or at least a price drop/sale.

23. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 17:22 Cutter

Malvok wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 14:28:
Teabagging simulator.

No, that would be Ubisoft's game Steep.

12. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 13:19 Cutter

Gonna watch some Twitch streams to get a better idea.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2017, 13:12 Cutter

Xirgu wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 11:29:
great vid on the construction failures, especially the last one

Wow for the Hyatt Regency skywalk fiasco. That was just insane, I sure hope some people were jailed over that one. I don't recall hearing about that as a kid but usually remember that sort of stuff. I think that sort of stuff was always a big part of my fascination with disaster movies like Earthquake, The Towering Inferno, et al.

25613 Comments. 1281 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo