Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25082 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 19, 2016, 13:04 Cutter

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 11:33:
I'm sad they've gone pure Pay to Win for this. Gwent is a fun game, but it's really very simple: A great deck beats a mediocre deck every single time. So if you go up against a guy who burned a hundred bucks for cards, and you spent none, you're never going to win. Period.

IIRC, they're releasing the game for free now, so that explains why they're going this route, but I would have much rather paid $30 for it, and then everyone has to earn their cards in-game.

That monster combo also looks ridiculous. In Witcher 3, the Monster deck was too easily beaten by a single Frost card (or the hilariously overpowered Frost / Vilentretenmerth combo), but making it so they can play one card to turn all their cards into Gold cards is just absurd. Especially since the monster deck keeps cards on the field after a round anyway.

We'll see how this turns out. Hopefully they're still balancing a lot. And I guess at least it'll be free, so it's easy to try.

That's true of all these sorts of games which is why I don't bother with them. Just load up W3 and play in-game anyway.

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
13. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 13:00 Cutter

"Finding the occasional straw of truth awash in a great ocean of confusion and bamboozle requires intelligence, vigilance, dedication, and courage. But if we don't practice these tough habits of thought, we cannot hope to solve the truly serious problems that face us --- and we risk becoming a nation of suckers, up for grabs by the next charlatan who comes along."

- Carl Sagan

"There are two kinds of people in this world; people who love delis, and people you shouldn’t associate with.” - Damon Runyan

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 18, 2016, 21:07 Cutter

Cool beans, I'm looking to treat myself to an RX480 for Xmas anyway so getting Civ 6 with it sure beats paying $80 for it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 15:00 Cutter

The findings, described in the journal Science, could help researchers find ways to feed Earth’s ever-growing human population.

Yeah, how about limiting population growth instead. Regardless of what they do to plants - and that's just a horror show waiting to happen - as the population increases and spreads biodiversity declines and eventually suffers a catastrophic cascade failure in which case mankind is doomed regardless. Zero Population Growth ftw.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 12:59 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 12:46:
I try to do the same for centipedes, but I have to weigh it against the size and the chance of it escaping to some unreachable place. When they're six inches or longer they're damn fast and smart, and they can be under the stove or fridge in an instant only to bite you when you step on them in the middle of the night to take a piss. Then it's a trip to the hospital.

Yeah, fuck those things. They're on a permanent kill-on-sight order around these here parts. I only see them very rarely but there's nothing like lying in bed when you're about to fall asleep and see one on the ceiling above you. Those are firmly in the category of 'If you want to live, stay outside of these premises'. Plus they eat spiders. Though one time I saw one get caught in a spider web in a corner of my basement and the spider looked pretty happy about that as he rubbed his little forelegs gleefully before wrapping that sucker up and mowing down. So, one more reason spiders are in my good books.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 11:51 Cutter

I'm in the pro-spider camp. I'll leave them around the house so long as they're out of the way. If not I'll put them outside. They do an immeasurable service for mankind. Nor would we have Spider-Man without them.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
3. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 11:45 Cutter

Yeah, reviews are necessary but it sure looks good so far. The environment is amazeballs.

News Comments > Genital Jousting Early Access
5. Re: Genital Jousting Early Access Nov 18, 2016, 00:13 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 23:27:
O_O

Um.... Wow...

I think we just found our Snuggle Truck 2016 candidate.

Oh hells no! Snuggle Truck deserved a reward for being innovative. This is just puerile. I like big floppy penises as much as the next guy but this is...mo, just no.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released
1. Re: EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released Nov 17, 2016, 21:33 Cutter

Is this the Tom Cruise edition?  

News Comments > Planet Coaster Released
3. Re: Planet Coaster Released Nov 17, 2016, 21:32 Cutter

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 21:12:
any good vids out there showcasing this game? that launch trailer is meh

might buy it after reading the last thread

I was looking some on the Youtubes last night and I was impressed. I'll be grabbing this at some point but it's just not the sort of game I'm willing to pay $60 for.

I like that you can build dark rides.

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out
24. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 17, 2016, 14:43 Cutter

Mystic95Z wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 09:17:
Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 00:07:
Bradley wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 21:06:
Is this the good one? I can't keep them straight.

Planet Coaster is the good one and it unlocks tomorrow. Way too expensive atm - $60 - so I'll be waiting for it for a while.

Its $40.49 on steam right now, not $60.

Whenever you see someone talking about a price that doesn't jibe with what you're seeing assume they're talking about a different currency than US dollars.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 14:41 Cutter

Only time will tell what Trump will actually do and not do, of more importance is what congress will and won't let him do and what they'll demand in return. The danger isn't Trump it's the GOPs control of congress. What do you typically get when this happens? War. Unemployment. Increased military and law/prison spending, social services and infrastructure spending slashed. Then people remember why them having control is a bad thing and then it takes the Democrats 8 years to undo all that damage...only to see the cycle repeat itself. That's the definition of insanity.

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Picketing Insomniac Games
6. Re: SAG-AFTRA Picketing Insomniac Games Nov 17, 2016, 14:32 Cutter

Fuck them. Most people are trying to keep their heads above water and these assholes are already vastly overpaid for their - laughingly referred to as - work as it is, and still they want more.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 10:34 Cutter

I actually missed a week this year and yeah it makes a big difference. I wish the site would just to a random auto-pick for you in case you forget a game.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2016, 00:10 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 21:42:
Looks like the GOP is going to shut down the FCC (or rather neuter it to death) ASAP. Without the FCC to fear, cable and telecoms can get back to reaming everyone. Expect net neutrality to die, data caps to be implemented more often, prices to rise faster, competition to die off. They'll probably get to work crafting a massive dream bill for RIAA and MPAA that combines the worst elements of SOPA and PIPA and ends up making the DMCA look tame. Really sucks to see all these years of progress go down the tubes due to congre$$ional greed.
'

Due to the apathy of the citizenry you mean. Obviously most Americans don't really care about democracy and fairness of they would have done something about it a week ago.

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out
9. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 17, 2016, 00:07 Cutter

Bradley wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 21:06:
Is this the good one? I can't keep them straight.

Planet Coaster is the good one and it unlocks tomorrow. Way too expensive atm - $60 - so I'll be waiting for it for a while.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 16, 2016, 19:30 Cutter

Yeah, saw that elsewhere earlier. Apparently Hello Games is on the rocks atm and is looking to be bought out by someone. Good, a liar like Murray deserves to crash and burn. As for the guy going to SC I guess he just like conning consumers.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2016, 19:26 Cutter

Fucking copyright. $100 million bucks for a song that took 5 minutes to write. Work once for 5 minutes, get paid forever. Un-fucking-real. Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 16, 2016, 19:20 Cutter

And not that long ago if you mentioned something like this everyone would call you a conspiracy nut and say there's no way it could ever happen.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 16:53 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 13:01:
I've seen the needle and the damage done....
Damn, now I'll spend the day listening to Neil Young!

Bruce Berry was a working man, he used to load that Econoline van.

25082 Comments. 1255 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo