Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29079 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2018, 12:05 Cutter

'Help us fleece you!' - 2K. Fuckin' sleazemerchants.

"If earth is 4 billion years old and you have co-existed with David Bowie, listening to his songs , you can consider yourself a lottery jackpot winner."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2018, 19:39 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 15:22:
We had goats on my farm as a kid. I loved them. The benefit of owning goats over pigs is that there's no such thing as goat bacon. Also we never needed to mow the lawn.

I like goats well enough but their demon eyes creep me the fuck out.

"If earth is 4 billion years old and you have co-existed with David Bowie, listening to his songs , you can consider yourself a lottery jackpot winner."

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
2. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 3, 2018, 17:47 Cutter

rawbelly wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 16:52:
The illegal aliens who helped build Silicon Valley.

Exactly. I'm so sick of that bullshit. What's next? No one is a thief anymore, they're just making 'non-purchased purchases', right?

The real crime is that the INS allows business to continue to do that. It would be really easy to stop. Hire and illegal and they can shut down the company and seize all of it's assets. That would put a stop to it PDQ and raise wages for actual citizens.

News Comments > Labor Day Previews
1. Re: Labor Day Previews Sep 3, 2018, 17:42 Cutter

Shades of Stranger Things?

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 2, 2018, 19:20 Cutter

yonder wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 18:20:
Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 15:12:
No it doesn't unless you're on a very limited budget, which Valve most certainly is not. They could have dev Valve and store Valve without breaking a sweat.

Since resources are, by definition, limited... yes... yes they do. There are only so many supremely talented people in the world, only so much time in the day, and only so many days on the calendar.

Saying they don't take resources away is like telling someone to give 110% and then meaning it literally.

Valve is sitting on a literal mountain of money. I'm sure they probably have a billion or two in cash laying around. So no resources are not limited in this context. They're managing a virtual storefront, not planning a base on the moon. Good grief, get a grip.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2018, 18:01 Cutter

Planet 9 would make for some good pop culture movies and music though. The B-52s could redo Planet Claire....

She came from Planet Nine
I knew she was fine
She drove a Plymouth Satellite
A-faster than the speed of light

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 2, 2018, 15:26 Cutter

No shit the gigconomy is a race to the bottom. From the UN's website....

World population projected to reach 9.7 billion by 2050. The current world population of 7.3 billion is expected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100, according to a new UN DESA report, “World Population Prospects

The end is nigh unless people stop breeding like insects.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 2, 2018, 15:16 Cutter

Apple's vehicle was merging onto the Lawrence Expressway and was moving at less than 1 mph, according to the report, and the Nissan was moving at 15 mph when it hit the self-driving car. The self-driving car's speed seems quite slow for merging onto a high-speed expressway, but details are sparse in the report so we don't know for sure if its speed was reasonable — the only information we get is that the vehicle was "waiting for a safe gap to complete the merge" when it was struck.

Less than 1 mph? Sounds like a problem to me. Sounds like its brake lights weren't on either. Just in drive inching forward. I'd love to see the footage of this.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 2, 2018, 15:12 Cutter

No it doesn't unless you're on a very limited budget, which Valve most certainly is not. They could have dev Valve and store Valve without breaking a sweat.

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
1. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 2, 2018, 15:09 Cutter

Pay for a demo? Wasn't really all that interested in this to begin with but yeah, fuck you very much, I'm out.

News Comments > Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
42. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 1, 2018, 15:04 Cutter

Have they finally reached the limit of what they can ask for? Sounds like the sheep are finally sick of getting fleeced and want what's owed.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 1, 2018, 14:27 Cutter

Video games do not belong in the Olympics as they're not a physical sport, period. What next Olympic Boggle? Clue? Monopoly?

13. Re: Temperature anomalies Aug 31, 2018, 15:44 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 13:29:
Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 13:13:
"FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS"

Eat a fucking dick, all you imbeciles who still deny climate change.

C'mon now, we're not 100% exactly what will happen, so we may as well keep burning coal. Just like I'm going to keep eating bacon, pizza, and ice cream daily because my doctor can't tell me with 100% certainty I'll have a heart attack.

That being said, there's reason to hope: the US now gets 18% of its power from renewables, and it grows every year. States like Hawaii and California are already at the 30% mark.

Israel Leads World in Water Recycling

Yeah but the US - mostly southern states - desperately needs to get it's water supply in order. In Israel they recycle 90% of all water. In the US it's 1%. California, Texas, et al. are all running out of fresh water and fast! In fact now Israel is teaching California how to do this.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2018, 15:34 Cutter

Bumpy wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 13:07:
USA drivers suck; largely cause they don't use their turn signals and secondly cause they use the left lanes improperly.

Police should enforce and fine for these but they don't.

That's the same everywhere - don't forget the tailgating, that's 95% of accidents right there. In many other places it's much, much worse. Look at India where 14 people die on the roads every hour. Not day, but hour. A lot of countries out there make our bullshit look like a pleasant dream by comparison.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2018, 15:31 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 13:01:
Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 11:44:
I'll never understand those sort of people or these sorts of articles. They're volunteers, if it sucks that bad than stop volunteering, problem solved.
In your scenario the abuse would stop for those people not the boards they are trying to protect. The whole point is Reddit is so big it needs volunteers if not employees to keep some level of civil discourse. If volunteer Fire or Police quit do fires and crimes stop?

As volunteers it's a problem of their own making. They owe Reddit nothing and can quit anytime they so choose. If Reddit can't afford to hire people to deal with it then they should go under. If they can, then stop being cheap and hire some people and give them a power to ban the trolls. Volunteer firefighters and police are an entirely different ball of wax. Firefighters are necessary, police, not so much. Regardless these two things as volunteerism go are apples and oranges. I've volunteered at a few places that were shitty so I left, and others that were better so I stayed. I never once felt they owed me anything or vice versa.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches
14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Aug 31, 2018, 15:21 Cutter

Dream on white boy, dream on black girl. Then wake up to a brand new day, to find your dreams are washed away....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2018, 12:03 Cutter

Yeah, it was cool yesterday and today but looks set to resume the higher temps tomorrow and for the next week. However, the 14 day calls for the following week - second week of Sept. - to get down to more seasonal norms in the 22C+/- region.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2018, 11:52 Cutter

Great article on the Telcos.

Wells Fargo. It just never ends with those clowns, does it? Wtf does anyone keep banking with them at this point?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2018, 11:44 Cutter

I'll never understand those sort of people or these sorts of articles. They're volunteers, if it sucks that bad than stop volunteering, problem solved.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 30, 2018, 19:33 Cutter

Yeah, I think this is pretty much a day one purchase for me.

29079 Comments. 1454 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo