Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29537 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Is Technomasculinity a Thing?
9. Re: Is Technomasculinity a Thing? Nov 13, 2018, 12:30 Cutter

"It's hard to dispute that game development, and society in general, benefit from diversity and inclusion"

No it isn't. Human beings are tribal by nature. In case you hadn't noticed we're not big on trusting that which is different and that's on the macro and micro levels. And I'm not talking just about people vs. people but man vs. everything else. Which is why we seem to enjoy killing each other and everything else so much.

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Is Technomasculinity a Thing?
8. Re: Is Technomasculinity a Thing? Nov 13, 2018, 12:27 Cutter

NKD wrote on Nov 13, 2018, 11:37:
Is technomasculinity another name for a cybernetically enhanced donger?

No but Technomasculine would be a great name for a techno band. But you'd have to give the u an umlaut and the e's french accents.

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

News Comments > Genghis Khan Invades Oriental Empires
1. Re: Genghis Khan Invades Oriental Empires Nov 13, 2018, 12:18 Cutter

KHAAAAAAANNNN!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2018, 21:36 Cutter

"Any sound that Winston made, above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by it; moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork."

&#8201;Part I, Chapter I, Nineteen Eighty-Four

I'd wager the "re-education camps" will be coming next.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. removed Nov 12, 2018, 21:24 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 13, 2018, 07:02.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 17:34 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 16:07:
Stan Lee - R.I.P. Despite what Jack Kirby said about Lee, he was definitely a driving force behind Marvel's success and has earned his place as a legendary comic producer.

Regardless of any of that he was egomaniac IMO. Every time that asshole showed up in every Marvel film it was just such fourth wall breaking bullshit that pissed me off to no end. Who the fuck does that?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 15:33 Cutter

The sand thing has been going on for ages. Saw a documentary on it and that was about 2 years ago. Florida has been importing tons of nice sand for their beaches for ages now - as opposed to the crappy local sand I guess. It is, by all accounts, a lucrative business. Who knows one day we may not be able to tell people to go pound sand or ask if they have sand in their vag. Hell, we may run out of sandwiches! Except in the desert because of the sand which is there.

Speaking of movies finally got around to watching Rush last night. Really excellent flick if you haven't seen it. Read an interview with Niki Lauder who said the actors really nailed him and James Hunt.

News Comments > Cloudpunk Announced
1. Re: Cloudpunk Announced Nov 12, 2018, 12:17 Cutter

Looks good. Color me interested.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 23:38 Cutter

Again RP, not knowing if there is a condition that's way too much D IMO. Best check with your doctor. Too much in vitamins is even worse than a deficiency.

Tact, and that's true of multis. The science has been on it a long time. In fact there are studies saying they may even lead to harm. At best you're pissing away your money - literally. And as far as antioxidants go? The body is very fine tuned for those. Drinking "antioxidant" drinks/smoothies will actually see a huge spike - obviously - but than a huge decline over the period of week or so. You're worse off drinking antioxidant drinks than not.

12. Re: Vitamin D and Fish Oil Nov 11, 2018, 19:49 Cutter

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 19:41:
I take Omega-3 supplements for my chronic dry eye condition. 2 a day for the Kirkland Omega-3 ones at Costco. If I skip a dose, my eyes are crusty and itchy in the morning or just hurt blinking (if you ever have chronic dry eye when wearing contacts, that is what it feels like).

I also take 2,000 IU of vitamin D - need that in the winter when, because of Daylight Savings Time, I drive to work in pitch black darkness, and then drive home in pitch black darkness...

Yeah, I use the Costco Omega-3 too. That's a lot of D though. Whilst I don't agree with their take on Omegas I do on D. Anyone of European descent can be D deficient in winter but that's why dairy was so important. You could always have fresh milk and cheese throughout the winter which gave you all the D you needed. So, unless you're vegan or have some genetic D deficiency the average adult should have more than enough D in what they get through dairy in the winter. I think SAD is more mental than anything. Nothing a week or two in the tropics can't fix in Jan/Feb.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 18:22 Cutter

I can say unequivocally that fish Omega-3s are totes worth it if you have high triglycerides. Chronic hyperlipidemia is common in my family and I take 900mg a day and it totes helps keeping them down in a huge way.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 18:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 14:30:
Yves St Laurent sells a $800 "golden brass" penis pendant.

Surprised this is getting attention now, I've had mine for months. I always wear it when i hit the clubs. It attracts chicks better than 15 squirts of Drakkar Noir.

Hahahaha! Back in the day I used to wear that in the clubs! That or Halston. Totally got my Tony Manero on. Chicks dug it. It's like Frank always said, "Confidence is king."

News Comments > Metro Exodus Spartan Collector's Edition Revealed
3. Re: Metro Exodus Spartan Collector's Edition Revealed Nov 11, 2018, 18:10 Cutter

Yeah, much as I want to day one this $100 for the Gold edition - game + season pass - is a bit much IMO. I'm definitely getting it, but dunno if the season pass will be worth it. They're usually not IMO.

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
24. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 18:01 Cutter

Enjoy your buyout guys. See you in whatever studio you form next.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 09:52 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 22:22:
Do they heal faster or slower than strained Achilles tendons? My Achilles has be sore after some unusual exertion for going on three months now...

Yeah, really depends on the damage done, age and healing ability. Heat and gentle stretching is probably the best route.

News Comments > Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin
11. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 11, 2018, 09:40 Cutter

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 00:20:
Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 22:01:
That's the problem with all these card games. It's all about P2W. I like the gameplay of these sorts of games I just can't stand the P2W model.

That's why I've been looking at KeyForge. No deckbuilding, which I don't really want to spend the time on anyway. Just play the decks as they come, and there are mechanics to help balance things as well. Doesn't actually get released until next week I think.

I'll look into that, thanks.

Edit: Oh it's a physical product. Enh nevermind. Looks cool though, solid concept.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2018, 22:16 Cutter

Good luck with that, Blue. I pulled mine pretty bad at the cardiologist when I was doing the walking test. The asshole didn't tell me that they put the goddamned thing on a huge incline and make it as hard as you can take it. Had I know I would have stretched first. That took several months to heal. I'm still pissed about that.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 10, 2018, 22:12 Cutter

I'm so done with Alibaba, Shit takes forever to arrive if it ever does.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 10, 2018, 22:10 Cutter

The Mushrooms League? Oh wait...

News Comments > Farming Simulator 19 Trailer
4. Re: Farming Simulator 19 Trailer Nov 10, 2018, 22:09 Cutter

They have the worst music for their trailers. It does not inspire confidence.

29537 Comments. 1477 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo