Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28408 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 3, 2018, 19:55 Cutter

KS wrote on May 3, 2018, 16:08:
jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2018, 12:47:
So much for being a good corporate citizen.

They are being a good corporate citizen by bringing 7500 good pay jobs.

I find it bothersome that politicians bitch about businesses when times are bad, and therefore the government must take over. But when times are good and the same thing happens? Screw it. Go somewhere else and let the Seattle homeless population start decreasing again.

Yeah 7,500 jobs for people who can't afford to live in the fucking city because of them. A city runs on affordable labor. When there's no more affordable housing people leave. You can live somewhere cheap where your slave wages actually mean you can live at least half decently. Bezos is the richest man in the world. Neither he nor Amazon pay taxes, or at least anywhere close to their fair share of it given how current tax stuctures favor the wealthy. So you're opposed to Amazon having to pay their fair share like most everyone else is what you're saying. If they did that to begin with than these sorts of taxes wouldn't exist to begin with.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
5. Re: Vampyr Trailer May 3, 2018, 19:49 Cutter

Prez wrote on May 3, 2018, 14:12:
I haven't allowed myself much exposure to any pre-release stuff on this game. I'm totally down for a Vampire-themed action rpg; I want to just imagine that this will be a modern update of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines for as long as I can.

Not even close, Prez. It's the story of one guy and whether you play him good or evil. If ever there was a game that deserves a complete remaster it's Bloodlines. Playing a Malkavian or Nosferatu was just so awesome.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2018, 11:47 Cutter

Xil wrote on May 3, 2018, 11:32:
that Floppotron is great

People who do stuff like that always amaze me. They must have the patience of a saint - and a hell of a lot of free time - to do something like that. Beyond the physical assembly of it all do they use a program of some sort to decode the song which sends the requisite 1s and 0s to each component to play its part, or do they do that themselves - as in coding it all from scratch?

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
2. Re: Vampyr Trailer May 3, 2018, 11:38 Cutter

What conflict? We're all vampires of a sort. We have to consumer other life to survive, plant or animal.

News Comments > Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches
1. Re: Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches May 3, 2018, 11:35 Cutter

So a bunch of old games? All of which can be owned individually or in bundles for $5 or less - and most serious gamers probably already own. So what exactly is the appeal?

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 15:55 Cutter

A solid 80% of "news" these days is complete and utter nonsense and garbage. The Jam sang it best....

"A smash of glass and a rumble of boots
An electric train and a ripped up 'phone booth
Paint splattered walls and the cry of a tomcat
Lights going out and a kick in the balls

That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2018, 15:39 Cutter

Ahh America and it's frivolous lawsuits!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews May 2, 2018, 15:34 Cutter

Lesson? The dudebro market is a lot smaller than they anticipated?

News Comments > Conan Exiles Next Week
2. Re: Conan Exiles Next Week May 2, 2018, 15:32 Cutter

They should had him building a Tree of Woe.

Can you have sex with your slaves? Conan Sexiles?
Wry

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
15. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 15:30 Cutter

The demo/beta/what have you definitely turned me off of it.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2018, 20:17 Cutter

If I have a heart attack I'd like it to happen because the plane I'm on is going to crash. As it's plummeting to earth, check out before impact. That works for me.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 1, 2018, 20:16 Cutter

Good luck, TB. I only hope your end - and most of the rest of us for that matter - comes as switfly and painlessly as possible. They once asked Julius Caesar, 'You've seen men die in all manner of ways possible. Which is the best way to die?' To which Caesar replied, 'Unexpectedly.'

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2018, 13:03 Cutter

I've never even heard of two spaces after a period. We always went by Strunk and White's Elements of Style which had nothing to say on the matter itself but went with a single space themselves.

Suicide like sex is something the government should be keeping their noses out of entirely. Whose life is it anyway? All this hubbub because all these religious wackjobs believe it's wrong. The man spent 2 days laying on his kitchen floor. What if he didn't have a housekeeper? He would have died of thirst, one of the worst ways to go, withing a few feet of a sink. Talk about fucking torture.

Notice Boeing isn't bragging about how many tax dollars they're wasting.

That dolphin was channeling Bunker from Point Break, 'Go back to the Valley, man!' Orcas are the real jerks of the sea though.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 1, 2018, 12:28 Cutter

Ahh class-action suits, the greatest scam going in law today.

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Technical Beta
2. Re: State of Decay 2 Technical Beta May 1, 2018, 12:16 Cutter

Win 10 exclusive + SJW bullshit = definite pass.

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
25. Re: Get The Witcher Free Apr 30, 2018, 18:49 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 12:35:
All in all it's overly long but if you've got 40+ hours and don't mind clumsy combat and clumsy writing which feigns neutrality while constantly forcing you to choose sides, go for it.

Yeah, because that's the world everyone inhabits. It's not that Geralt necessarily wants to choose a side, he has to. You can't be a monster hunter by trade and live like you're Switzerland.

I'm in the minority but many of the quests are terribly written (chap 3 bank job, Shanni and Triss) and the constant false choices (chap 1 Abigail). Forced to play as a poorly written egotistical male instead of creating your own Witcher (male or female, good or bad or neutral) then learning about the world, while doing the main quest to find out what happened to the magical widget.

Yeah, except the novellas are about Geralt and his adventures so that's what people wanted to live out. There are no female witchers, and there are no good or bad witchers. They're male. Rhey have their emotions stripped from them in the Trial of the Grasses - if they survive, which most don't. They have different schools with different focuses. So whilst they could have made a game that allowed you to be a witcher besides Geralt what would be the point? Witchers are all essentially the same. They have to be by definition or they're not witchers. And seeing as Geralt is reknowned that's why most people wanted to play him in the same way they want to play a major super hero and not some unknown schlub.

Before I'm mobbed and set upon with tar, feathers and ritual burning because 'women can't be witchers' and 'o'meh god geralt is teh greatest'. In the very first game (this one) iirc, there is some(thing/one) so powerful that can literally travel to any time, change time, perception and reality itself. Not to mention the final story arc. I just wanted to say

Women - in that particular Universe - can be sorceresses, which are metric fuck ton more powerful than a witcher anyway so what are you whining about? Witchers aren't heroes in this universe. Point in fact, they're pretty much reviled and mistrusted by most everyone.

Honestly, why the hell do you even bother playing these games in the first place? Read the novellas.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2018, 14:54 Cutter

The problem besides it being insanely wasteful, greedy, and highly polluting, is that if they can do this it represents the start of something really fucking bad. Then next thing you know you’ve got thousands of factories ringing the great lakes all siphoning and polluting. And these jobs are dead end, slave wage, no benefit jobs. There’s nothing but downside to this. Except for the executives and republicans as always because fuck people and the environment. Is there some particular reason these assholes can't do this on the west coast and use the Pacific?

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Apr 29, 2018, 21:03 Cutter

Enh, I hate fish. Too bad because it always looks so enjoyable. Rainbow trout in brown butter, gravlax, fish n' chips even.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 29, 2018, 20:59 Cutter

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 20:16:
Frostpunk looks great, but it seems like you have to build out the city the same every time. I can't see how to have success in the game without doing a cylindrical build. I just don't like the idea of a city builder that has little to no variation.

Yeah. After watching some Let's Play's and reading some criticisms of the game I see it as a one trick pony too. Once you figure out the path of best layout and laws to follow then there isn't much left to do. Much like This War of Mine I just don't see it warranting more than $5, $10 at most. Kind of thing to play as a time waster on a tablet or something.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 14:47 Cutter

Top Dollar: Well, well, well. Devil's Night is upon us again. Figured we'd throw a little party, start a bunch of fires, make a little profit. Problem is: it's all been done before. See what I'm saying?

Gangster: That's no reason to quit.

Top Dollar: Wrong. That's the perfect reason to quit. The only reason to quit. A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like-minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes an institution. What was the idea? That's what's been bothering me, boys. I tell ya: when I used to think of the idea itself, it put a big ol' smile on my face. You see, gentlemen, greed is for amateurs. Disorder. Chaos. Anarchy. Now that's fun!

Gangster 2: What about Devil's Night?

Top Dollar: What about it? I started the first fires in this goddamn city. Before I knew it, every charlatan shitheel was imitating me. You know what they got now? Devil's Night greeting cards. Isn't that precious? The idea has become the institution, boys. Time to move along.

28408 Comments. 1421 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo