Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28854 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
4. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 11:36 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > I'm not a Monster Beta Demo
1. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 25, 2018, 20:58 Cutter

Too bad it's MP only I'd be all over it otherwise. Reminds me somewhat of the old RPG Paranoia.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
10. Re: Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Jul 25, 2018, 15:27 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:07:
It just means after murdering 500 people or so, she's getting used to it and is actually getting pretty good at it. To officially achieve the level of “Tomb Raider” you have to of course have raided a certain amount of tomds but, you also have to have a significant body count, I think it's like something over 1000. I think it's one of those unwritten rules that archeologists don't usually talk about? It's probably in a manual or union Handbook somewhere.

Yep. I know a lot of people switched their majors to anthropology when they found out the amount of bloodshed required to be a world-class archeologist.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 25, 2018, 10:54 Cutter

Who the hell would even insure them after the first incident without proof they decided to take IT security seriously - which they clearly haven't. If you're a customer of theirs I'd be switching banks ASAP.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2018, 10:49 Cutter

Holy crap is it every muggy out there. Damn sure the humidity has got to be close to 100%. And the strange thing it's been raining all week and supposed to rain further still. As a non-sequitur I think I'll go listen to Genesis' No Reply At All.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 25, 2018, 10:38 Cutter

Fuckin' Google, man.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
1. Re: Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Jul 25, 2018, 10:29 Cutter

Looks good. Still, I wonder how much of it is actual tomb raiding versus psychotic mass-murdering as in the last couple of games.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2018, 20:34 Cutter

Fat is not only necessary, but good for you for all kinds of reasons.

News Comments > Train Sim World Rolls Out
1. Re: Train Sim World Rolls Out Jul 24, 2018, 20:27 Cutter

Got excited there for a second before seeing it was a Dovetail game. Yeah, that's a hard pass.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2018, 15:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 14:56:
'Zombie-like' virus killing raccoons in NYC's Central Park.

World War Z has begun...

Umbrella Corporation? Raccoon City? Coincidence? I think not!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2018, 12:30 Cutter

I've never heard anyone say anything other than Neil Armstrong was the first MAN on the moon.

News Comments > Rising Lords Announced
2. Re: Rising Lords Announced Jul 24, 2018, 12:08 Cutter

Umm. yes. I'm curious about it. I like little games like that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 23, 2018, 20:09 Cutter

12 million for IoT blockchain security? Hahahaha! Oh man, who were the suckers that gave them dime one? Gotta' admit, sounds like a great scam.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2018, 15:49 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 14:22:
Certainly more short and medium range public transit infrastructure is a good thing, especially medium range, as short range is likely to be taken up by AI-driven cars in the coming decades.

The hyperloop is part of the long-range travel solution. It combines the convenience and eco-friendliness of train travel with the speed of a jet. Given that we'll eventually run low on cheap fossil fuels to burn in our aircraft, something like this will be able to fill that gap.

It's completely impractical and too expensive to ever be a reality. Japan's bullet trains are affordable and work amazing well. Europe's trains and mass-transit are cheap and work amazingly well. Who's going to pay for the Hyperloop? Musk? Even he doesn't have that kind of money. So once again it'll be akin to the taxpayers paying for a private stadium that only the wealthier members of society - who pay less tax as a whole - get to enjoy. It would be ungodly expensive to use so only the rich would ever be able to use it anyway.

Thanks to the idiot conservatives and liberals in this province we have public highways and private highways now. The toll highways are awesome. In amazing shape...and always virtually empty/. Why? Because they're too expensive for the average citizen to use on a daily basis with each average round-trip on them to the city from the burbs will range about $40-$60 bucks for most people. So we have empty highways subsidized by taxpayers and controlled by private companies. That's a metric fuckton cheaper to build and maintain than a hyperloop. So if a private highway can't even succeed in a terribly congested city, what chance would that thing have? This isn't rocket-surgery, it's common sense.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2018, 15:39 Cutter

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 14:58:
Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 11:10:
The Hyperloop. Or as it's otherwise known, The Pipedream. Elon, if you want to really get people moving just start building more trains and mass transit already. It's not impossible pipe-dreams like this that cities need but money to build systems that already work. And that would be a non-issue if the billionaires like Musk were paying their fair fucking share.

If the world listened to you, there would be no innovation because you'd call it all stupid and not possible

I never said it was impossible. If you don't understand why it's so obviously and completely unfeasible than your the one who's stupid. Don't blame me or the rest of the world for your shortcomings.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2018, 15:35 Cutter

Ahh Britain, almost a de facto Big Brother state at this point.

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
27. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 15:23 Cutter

communication failures

Ahh PR speak for bald-faced lies. Well if I ever go to court and get caught for perjury I'll be sure to explain to the judge I wasn't lying, it was simply a "communication failure". Rolleyes

Game is the sim equivalent of watching paint dry.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2018, 11:10 Cutter

Why are people vaping with nicotine? The entire idea of vaping is to use it as a substitute to get off of cigarettes. I only vaped for a small while before I quit, but I didn't use any cartridges or any of that, just the water vapor itself to get that feeling of inhaling smoke and that worked just fine.

It'll be interesting to see the results of NASA's Parker Solar Probe and the European Space Agency's Solar Orbiter.

The Hyperloop. Or as it's otherwise known, The Pipedream. Elon, if you want to really get people moving just start building more trains and mass transit already. It's not impossible pipe-dreams like this that cities need but money to build systems that already work. And that would be a non-issue if the billionaires like Musk were paying their fair fucking share.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2018, 12:42 Cutter

Yeah that sounds about right for most doctors I've ever met. Few things are as infuriating as that and the whole, 'Leave the doctoring to me.' attitude. If you aren't your own advocate for your health don't expect anyone else to be.

Aquaman? Yeah, don't think so. Looks insanely over the top. Whilst Drogo has the build for the part his attitude is all wrong. I think they were trying to go for the whole roller coaster experience like in the last Thor flick but it's went wildly out of control.

Looking forward to the Orville S02.

Gojira flick looks amazing even if the premise is stupid. Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah? What's not to love?

Lulz @ Foxtrot!

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 22, 2018, 12:23 Cutter

First threesome? Heh, that's funny.

28854 Comments. 1443 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo