Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25851 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 11:14 Cutter

American job losses, particularly in manufacturing, are a hot-button topic now. President Donald Trump has focused on employment exoduses to low-cost countries like Mexico, and he vows to reverse that trend. But automation is easily as big a culprit here.

I keep hearing media say this but it flies in the face of the facts that over a million jobs have gone from the US to Mexico. Here's the reality of it....

NAFTA at 20: One Million U.S. Jobs Lost, Higher Income Inequality

I'm also sick of these bullshit millenial articles when they only really apply to a tiny group of people who live in a major city where everything is fiercely competitive and expensive. There's plenty of other work to be had in all kinds of places, but no, they don't want to move to those places. There's plenty of good paying work in the trades but no that's hard work. This is entirely an issue of their own making. I come from a family of tradesmen. My nephews and their buddies never lack for work, make great money, own their own house, truck, tools, yada yada yada. Listen up kids, the world owes you nothing. Work sucks. That's why it's called work and not 'super happy fun time'.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2017, 10:51 Cutter

The Jacquard commuter jacket is a dark, dark denim piece of clothing that contains a screenless, practically invisible fabric touch interface on the left wrist. That surface allows the wearer to control certain actions on their smartphone while wearing and engaging the jacket.

Smartwatches Part Deux. Again, there's zero need for something like this when just handling your phone directly is far, far easier.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 13, 2017, 10:46 Cutter

This includes predictions such that 4TB of data per day per vehicle will be generated, which is going to require planning in infrastructure. Intel’s expertise in elements such as the RealSense technology and high-performance general compute will be an interesting match to Mobileye’s portfolio.

Wtf would an average vehicle on an average day be generating 4TB of data? Nevermind 4TB that needs to be shared.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2017, 19:48 Cutter

Wonder Woman Trailer. Looks pretty good...except for Chris Pine. Ugh.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2017, 19:44 Cutter

'I'll get rid of DST! Just you watch. No one knows more about DST than me! I'll make America on time again!' - The Donald

News Comments > Tale of Ronin Revealed
1. Re: Tale of Ronin Revealed Mar 12, 2017, 19:42 Cutter

Sounds super, let's see some actual footage, neh?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 12, 2017, 19:40 Cutter

H1Z1? Cereal?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2017, 11:31 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 05:22:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 03:21:
Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 17:30:
Apparently there's a mighty Nor-Easter headed our way on Chewsday. So everyone living in the northeast may have to batten down the hatches for this one. They've already issued warnings for Ontario and New York state.

What? In March? That's practically summer!

Haha I actually once had to shovel a good 10cm snow a day after Easter... since then I scoff at weather analysts telling me how "hot" May or April weather will be.

As long as it's the last one of the season. Crickey, Spring starts next week.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 11, 2017, 19:41 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 17:38:
Im not a Windows or OS programmer

....but I play one on TV.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2017, 17:30 Cutter

Apparently there's a mighty Nor-Easter headed our way on Chewsday. So everyone living in the northeast may have to batten down the hatches for this one. They've already issued warnings for Ontario and New York state.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2017, 17:18 Cutter

Amazing! You can't sue your employer in Michigan so you have to sue anyone else you can. I'm sure the GOP will get around to "fixing" that little problem soon enough by eliminating all employee rights altogether.

And that prick cop only gets a reprimand for trying to trample the man's Constitutional rights? It's obviously common practice with his ilk, That's precisely the sort of cop that needs to be weeded out and barred from being a cop at all. Christ, all those cops there and bringing in a K9 unit just to hassle the guy for sticking up for himself. Meanwhile real crime continues unabated all around them. Yeah, they're real heroes alright. Rolleyes

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
4. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 16:56 Cutter

Rhett wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 14:28:
Looks like Overwatch Chivalry.. but also boring...

That's a spot-on assessment.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 11:17 Cutter

No...just no.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2017, 21:53 Cutter

Wow, the GOP are bringing all sorts of fiction to reality in our lifetime. With Trump we've seen "The Omen III" start to unfold. With their gutting the EPA and all other science we'll get to see "The Day After Tomorrow" come to pass, and with this we now get to see "Gattaca" play our for real too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 10, 2017, 21:44 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 21:10:
Eventually some kind of virtual currency is going to go mainstream. I'm not yet convinced it will be Bitcoin. Just watched The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin the other night. It seems to moving forward, but it is not quite "there" yet...

Without total government control and oversight it's never going to happen, so it's pointless to speculate otherwise. Virtual currency will remain ever the currency of criminals and such...after cash itself.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC Plans
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Free DLC Plans Mar 10, 2017, 21:39 Cutter

I can build a Shitty Wok?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 18:26 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 16:33:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:17:
BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 12:59:
RIP EPA and the environment.

Look at the upside. Once again people will be able to set rivers on fire in order to keep warm.

I know there are terrible economic, social, and civil consequences to having this administration in power, but destroying nature simply irks me beyond description. These idiots will unleash irreversible devastation on our planet.

I'm truly disgusted by all of this.

It isn't irreversible and it's not destroying nature, it's destroying us. Once we're gone the planet will just start over again. Hope the next dominant life form does better than we or the dinosaurs did.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 15:22 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:33:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:16:
And you run and run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Wait does this mean your watching Legion? ;)

No, that's a quote from a song called "Time" by a band called "Pink Floyd". I don't watch silly TV shows.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 15:17 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 12:59:
RIP EPA and the environment.

Look at the upside. Once again people will be able to set rivers on fire in order to keep warm.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 10:16 Cutter

And you run and run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

25851 Comments. 1293 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo