Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 25859 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2017, 20:14 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:52:
Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:01:
Wow, yeah I remember that Hyatt Regency walkway collapse. That was just crazy.
I remember it too. The title is click bait though, it didn't change engineering at all. The result was changes in the process of reviewing building plan alterations. It is a great example of how important structural engineering is, and why any alteration to construction should be carefully reviewed for unintended consequences. Didn't Kansas City also have a coliseum roof failure? If I remember correctly, in that case no one was in the coliseum at the time.

Googled it, Kemper Arena -- two years before the Hyatt walkway failure.

An acquaintance of mine is a structural engineer. He always talks about how stressful his job is. Yet I always wonder why, then I recall that, yeah, if he doesn't do his job right he'll likely end up killing a bunch of people.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 15, 2017, 20:11 Cutter

And to think Madonna was right all those years ago, 'Borderline, feels like I'm going to lose my mind. You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline....'

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 15, 2017, 20:09 Cutter

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:09:
Your post is a unicorn Blue's post. Agree with everything you state.

But...I say go ahead and unionize. That will speed their autonomous driver technology. This is the same as those idiot burger flippers wanting $15hr...go ahead and give it to them so I can use a machine to order sooner.

And when all those people are out of work? Who supports them? If not it's crime city. There are always consequences and repercussions. Stop being to myopic.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2017, 17:01 Cutter

Wow, yeah I remember that Hyatt Regency walkway collapse. That was just crazy.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 15, 2017, 16:54 Cutter

There's no point to a service like Uber unionizing because then they've just become another cab company. Self-driving cars are going to eliminate these companies anyway.

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 14:32 Cutter

Dragon's Dogma is one of the worst games I've ever played. It was just terrible. And these BiowarEA games aren't much better I'll trudge through them when they hit the $5 mark because that's all they're worth regardless of their budget. All corps like EA/Ubisoft/Activision know how to do anymore is regurgitate the same old shit. It's boring.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content
11. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content Mar 15, 2017, 14:25 Cutter

Given how poorly the game was received $35 is a joke for a "sale" price.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 14, 2017, 22:12 Cutter

Another innocent person almost killed because of a police chase.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 14, 2017, 22:11 Cutter

Boy, that vibrator article really rubs me the wrong way!
Wry

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 14, 2017, 21:54 Cutter

It's their money to waste. Ublock and other stuffs = suck it mofos!

Middlefinger

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
6. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 14, 2017, 21:46 Cutter

Yeah, so much for SS3.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2017, 12:15 Cutter

Well the storm was a fizzle where I live. My understanding is that it's really only the southern most part of Ontario that got hit at all and most of that is lake effect. Sounds like the US NE seaboard took the brunt of it as usual.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2017, 12:13 Cutter

No, no it's not.

News Comments > Rend Announced
1. Re: Rend Announced Mar 14, 2017, 12:12 Cutter

Wow Survival, lol.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2017, 23:17 Cutter

Speaking of getting older and getting screwed by Cons.

Republican health care bill raises premiums for older, poor Americans by more than 750%

Sure hope all those assholes in the rust belt understand now just what they voted for.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 13, 2017, 23:06 Cutter

According to Department of Homeland Security data reviewed by NBC, the count of cellphone searches by border officers grew from less than 5,000 in 2015 to almost 25,000 in 2016. Agents searched 5,000 devices in February alone, the department reported.

What do you imagine it will be for 2017? The police state is growing.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2017, 23:04 Cutter

$23 million for failing. Boggles the fucking mind.

Several forces are conspiring to ensure that many Americans have to work well past the traditional retirement age of 65. People are living longer, their retirement savings are inadequate, and Social Security reforms are almost certainly going to require it. The San Francisco Fed says that the share of the older-65 working population is projected to rise sharply from about 19 percent now to 29 percent in the year 2060.

Yet, another reason jobs need to come back from overseas. And yes, you should always lie about your age in order to get your foot in the door.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 13, 2017, 22:56 Cutter

Technically games have always been rentals. I'm fine with that so long as they don't expect me to pony up full price for 99.9% of them.

News Comments > ORION: Prelude Free Week
1. Re: ORION: Prelude Free Week Mar 13, 2017, 22:54 Cutter

Wow, that looks awful.

News Comments > PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now
11. Re: PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now Mar 13, 2017, 22:52 Cutter

There is a 7 day free trial so I'll give it a whirl at some point if only to check out Teh Last of Us and RDR one more time. They're not really forthcoming with any pertinent info. Doesn't mention bandwith requirements anywhere - so I searched and it's 5mbps min, tho most peole seem to think you need a lot more than that. And it doesn't state if the prices $20 per month/$45 for 3/$100 for 12 is in Freedom dollars or not.

25859 Comments. 1293 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo