Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 29054 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2018, 11:20 Cutter

That's straight up Nazi Propaganda 101 - make the lie big enough and repeat it enough and pretty soon it becomes the truth.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 5, 2018, 11:18 Cutter

Well you can see why his shareholders want him replaced.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Sep 5, 2018, 11:16 Cutter

Grief, grief, and more grief?

News Comments > Bungie Announces Bungie Rewards
2. Re: Bungie Announces Bungie Rewards Sep 5, 2018, 11:15 Cutter

Yeah, let them datamine the shit out of you for a few MP3s and virtual items. Sounds so equitable, doesn't it?

News Comments > New Online Middle-earth Game Plans
4. Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans Sep 4, 2018, 22:36 Cutter

fawker wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 21:48:

Console and PC experience...annnnddd so much for that.

And f2p.. at least being openly pointed out as the devs past experience..

Absolutely freemium. This is why I hate seeing these announcements. You get all excited for a moment and then you start to read and your hopes are dashed on the rocky shores of bad game design.

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer
3. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer Sep 4, 2018, 21:14 Cutter

saluk wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 20:55:
So this is like a city builder/rpg hybrid of some sort? I saw this at PAX but could not make heads or tails of it, and still can't. I wish there was a more clear description of how the game actually works.

No, it's just an isometric party based CRPG set in the Pathfinder universe - like Baldur's Gate, et al. This chap has been doing a LP of the beta. This one was from 3 days ago.

Let's Play Pathfinder: Kingmaker (Beta) - Ep. 15: Close Encounters

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 4, 2018, 20:32 Cutter

69 dude!

News Comments > DAKAR 18 Trailer
1. Re: DAKAR 18 Trailer Sep 4, 2018, 20:00 Cutter

The fact that this is called this and no longer takes place in Europe and Africa really gets on my tits.

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer
1. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer Sep 4, 2018, 19:59 Cutter

Whilst I'm looking forward to this, I think they really missed a great opportunity to an NWN style game in the Pathfinder world. That would have been sweet.

News Comments > Shadows: Awakening Awakens
1. Re: Shadows: Awakening Awakens Sep 4, 2018, 19:58 Cutter

This is an ARPG, not CRPG. Looks pretty good though.

News Comments > New Online Middle-earth Game Plans
1. Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans Sep 4, 2018, 19:56 Cutter

Console and PC experience...annnnddd so much for that.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 4, 2018, 14:02 Cutter

They promote athleticism, not the same thing at all.

News Comments > Maneater Details
4. Re: Maneater Details Sep 4, 2018, 14:00 Cutter

Dr. Livingstone: Jolly good. Well, must be off.

Perkins: So it'll just grow back then, will it?

Dr. Livingstone: Er... I think I'd better come clean with you about this... it's... um it's not a virus, I'm afraid. You see, a virus is what we doctors call very very small. So small it could not possibly have made off with a whole leg. What we're looking for here is I think, and this is no more than an educated guess, I'd like to make that clear, is some multi-cellular life form with stripes, huge razor-sharp teeth, about eleven foot long and of the genu *felis horribilis*. What we doctors, in fact, call a Tiger.

Pakenham-Walsh: A tiger? In Africa?

Toff

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2018, 12:29 Cutter

That Atlantis vid was great.

NFL odds, picks for Week 1: Advanced computer model loves Packers, Jaguars

Looks like this may be a better all around season for everyone...except Detroit.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 4, 2018, 12:09 Cutter

I like Cavil well enough, but as Geralt? Yeah, I dunno about that. I thought someone like Mads Mikkelsen would be perfect for the role.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2018, 12:05 Cutter

'Help us fleece you!' - 2K. Fuckin' sleazemerchants.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2018, 19:39 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 15:22:
We had goats on my farm as a kid. I loved them. The benefit of owning goats over pigs is that there's no such thing as goat bacon. Also we never needed to mow the lawn.

I like goats well enough but their demon eyes creep me the fuck out.

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
2. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 3, 2018, 17:47 Cutter

rawbelly wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 16:52:
The illegal aliens who helped build Silicon Valley.

Exactly. I'm so sick of that bullshit. What's next? No one is a thief anymore, they're just making 'non-purchased purchases', right?

The real crime is that the INS allows business to continue to do that. It would be really easy to stop. Hire and illegal and they can shut down the company and seize all of it's assets. That would put a stop to it PDQ and raise wages for actual citizens.

News Comments > Labor Day Previews
1. Re: Labor Day Previews Sep 3, 2018, 17:42 Cutter

Shades of Stranger Things?

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 2, 2018, 19:20 Cutter

yonder wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 18:20:
Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 15:12:
No it doesn't unless you're on a very limited budget, which Valve most certainly is not. They could have dev Valve and store Valve without breaking a sweat.

Since resources are, by definition, limited... yes... yes they do. There are only so many supremely talented people in the world, only so much time in the day, and only so many days on the calendar.

Saying they don't take resources away is like telling someone to give 110% and then meaning it literally.

Valve is sitting on a literal mountain of money. I'm sure they probably have a billion or two in cash laying around. So no resources are not limited in this context. They're managing a virtual storefront, not planning a base on the moon. Good grief, get a grip.

29054 Comments. 1453 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo