Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 28694 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2018, 18:00 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 17:32:
Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:35:
Enh, didn't think Prime Day was any great shakes. I did save $30 on the SSD I bought but everything else I bought - about $350 worth of stuff - wasn't discounted at all.

Amazon: "Mission Accomplished."

It's stuff I would have bought otherwise but was waiting for PD to see if they might drop at all, so they still woulda made the sales regardless.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
27. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 15:56 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 13:57:
Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 13:07:
I tried it again 2 years back? The WoD expansion. It was fucking horrible. Nothing but pure grind. I cancelled after a month and that's it, WoW is done IMO.
Really? Interesting. I rejoined for Legion, but I started with about a month left in WoD -- by the time I was done with Legion I was thinking I should have gone back for WoD instead of Legion...

In order to get flight in the new area. You had to grind faction rep with 3 different factions I think it was. And one of them you could only do by grinding elite mobs. It was totally insane and stupid. R. Kelly is right in saying there's nothing wrong with a little bump and grind, but all grind is no bueno.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2018, 15:53 Cutter

Fox News Host: Trump ‘Sounds Insane’

You know things are bad when even Faux News hosts start publicly calling Trump insane.

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
17. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 13:07 Cutter

I tried it again 2 years back? The WoD expansion. It was fucking horrible. Nothing but pure grind. I cancelled after a month and that's it, WoW is done IMO.

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
6. Re: Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch Jul 18, 2018, 13:02 Cutter

This is right up their with rappin' grannies in the history of bad ideas.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2018, 11:35 Cutter

Enh, didn't think Prime Day was any great shakes. I did save $30 on the SSD I bought but everything else I bought - about $350 worth of stuff - wasn't discounted at all.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 18, 2018, 11:27 Cutter

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 10:19:
What is with this apologyitis that has infected idiots all over. Sorry the Rising Sun is part of history. If you start avoiding anything that can be associated as bad you will completely eliminate history.

It's the PC millennial sense of self-entitlement in which they believe that the world should be one big safe-space and no one should ever be offended or put upon in any way, shape or form. Worse still it won't be just eliminating and/or revising history - and we well know that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it - they're the ones actually turning the world into the Big Brother state. They may be well intentioned but that's what the road to Hell is paved with.

News Comments > Seed Raises Seed Money; Releases Trailer
1. Re: Seed Raises Seed Money; Releases Trailer Jul 16, 2018, 18:23 Cutter

Here we go again!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2018, 16:24 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 15:42:
Heh, Prime day. The main page doesn't go anywhere, just rotates between itself. That was well designed, Amazon.

And Blue is showing (for me anyways), a "prime deal" for the PS3 version of Aliens Colonial Marines for $43.85! WHAT A STEAL!

Yeah, you'd think if anyone would be ready for this it would be Amazon. I already had my basket loaded - and no deals, bleh. Then I thought of a few other things to grab or at least check the price on and the site is just FUBAR atm.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2018, 16:22 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 15:42:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 13:59:
I've finally reached level 50.

FIFTY? Goddamn, you old fart!

That's why we're called old farts. As you get old you start getting smelly. Old and smelly is what awaits us all.

Get offa my lawn you hooligans! Shakefist

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2018, 16:19 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 15:53:
If you like cooking gadgets, the InstaPot, which won Prime Day last year, is under $60 ($10 cheaper than ever before.) People swear by them, but I don't have the cabinet room nor do I feel I'd use it much at this stage of my life.

However, both the Anova and the Joule sous vides are $50 off.

I tried one and found it to be impractical. It seems like the sort of thing that's good for working families where you can program it to be ready for when everyone gets home. Everything you can do in it you can, and probably already do, just as easily without it. I do a lot of soups, stews, porridge's, etc. regularly and didn't feel it would really be any more of a time saver once you factor in clean up. And it is big and takes up a lot of counter space. I can see why some people would love them but not for me.

I rank sous vides up there with molecular gastronomy, interesting but way too much work my tastes. Again, if you know how to cook well to begin with it's just a lot of unnecessary extra work.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2018, 13:59 Cutter

No, it's Prime Day because it's my level-up day and Bezos wanted do something nice for me short of giving me a billion bucks. I've finally reached level 50. Not sure how many more levels are left in this game but I'll most likely be sinking my points into constitution and vitality for the rest of this build on this char.

Some notable people born today and events for this day include, Corey Feldmen, Will Ferrel, Phoebe Cates, Barry Sanders, Jimmy Johnson, Desmond Dekker and 'Shoeless' Joe Jackson. JFK Jr. and Harry Chapin both died on this day. I still remember that with ol' Harry. Put a sad crimp in an otherwise good day. The Catcher in the Rye was published this day. The first atomic bomb was detonated at Alamogordo. And of course the Apollo 11 mission left for the moon. Not too shabby.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2018, 13:08 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 12:58:
Meh, cleaning of the gene pool. Though I find it more damning that the parents are so uninvolved with their children that this could go on without their notice.

Prior to the internet I would have shared that sentiment. However, with most kids out there having universal access to the internet like everyone else it's simply impossible for a parent to have that sort of overview and be able to audit a child's life like that. On the other hand seeing as this game induces people to commit 50 acts of more and more dangerous self-harm, you'd think that would come to light long before they kill themselves. I'm guessing it's a little from column A and a little from column B sort of scenario with unstable kids and absentee parents. Regardless of any of that the guy who created it is an obvious psychopath and needs to be institutionalized for life.

News Comments > Grimmwood Adds Blitz Mode
1. Re: Grimmwood Adds Blitz Mode Jul 16, 2018, 12:23 Cutter

Sounds like a social mobile game. Too bad, artwork is really nice.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2018, 22:21 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 16:28:
Blue wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 14:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 13:43:
The F-104 and downward-firing ejector seats. oopsy daisy

Such a a terrible plane. Finicky at low speeds, unmaneuverable, lacking all-weather capability or range, and with limited weapon capacity.

Fast as hell, though, and Chuck Yeager flew an NF-104A practically into outer space, which has to count for a lot.

Also, no plane in history has looked more badass.

Suchoi 27 Flanker looks way more badass

Mig 25 Foxbat FTW IMO!

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
40. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 22:17 Cutter

NKD wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 16:13:
loomy wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:52:
this is so stupid. you mean I can't take these nuts back to the gas station?

No but you can put these nuts in your mouth.

edaciousx wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:44:
you just want to blame conservatives for anything and everything, even if it literally has nothing to do with philosophical thought. I could probably say "typical libtard" but I hold myself to higher standards than you do apparently.

Don't worry, Cutter doesn't actually have any philosophy beyond "Whatever sounds good to me at the moment." Next week you'll see posts from him that have him coming off like an anarchocapitalist douchebag, then the week after that, a communist.

You can't figure me out? Seriously? It's so easy. I'm normal. Painfully so. Like most people on this planet, I'm a centrist who leans left and right on varying political issues. That means things like I'm pro gun control, but I still believe people have a right to arm and defend themselves within reason. I'm pro-choice, but I'm also pro death-penalty, but anti-war/anti-military. Basically all things fall under the codicil of "within reason". Problem is most people, including yourselves, don't understand what that really means. You don't seem to grasp the concept of compromise. No one likes it, but smart people understand it's necessary in this world.

Ultimately I look for balance and fairness in all things. That does not mean, however, you're entitled to a life free from negativity or consequence from your actions. Something the snowflakes like you simply fail to grasp. Sticks and stones is something you kids need to learn. So yeah, people have a right to make money, I just believe, again like most normal people, that the rich should pay their fair share as well - which they don't, not even fucking close. So that doesn't make me a capitalist or commie stooge, it makes me normal.

I've always been a dyed in the wool social-democrat and stipulated to that many, many times. So no, my philosophy has always been carved in stone and written in blood. And doesn't change with the tides at all.
That's completely obvious to anyone here with half a brain. So what does that say about you? That you only have half a brain or you really don't know me at all? Either way, you're entirely unqualified to comment in that respect.

In this context you have a flim-flam man who's fleeced people for $190 million dollars and has virtually nothing to show for it after 5+ years. For any judge to side with that he has to be a dyed in the wool Republican. There's simply no other conclusion an intelligent person can draw. Court circuits and various states in the US are notorious for how they either lean for plaintiff or defendant, conservative or liberal. Law is entirely predicated on what's considered reasonable. So the pair of you very clearly don't understand that either. Retry this in 100 different courts and he'd win half the time and lose the other half. It has very little to do with the actual merits of the case. Courts of law are horribly unfair and imbalanced, but they are, unfortunately, the best thing we've got. And at least your odds are 50/50 on the whole.

Time to grow up, Tinkerbell. Clapping because you believe in fairies doesn't make them real. Reality, kid. Take a big whiff.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2018, 14:00 Cutter

Did you feel the thunder, thunder, lightning and the thunder?

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
5. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 13:59 Cutter

That's the problem with things like this. Get some corporate loving conservative lawyer as a judge and things obviously aren't going to go your way. He should take a shot in superior court at a civil suit as there's little to no downside for doing that in the US. It should be easy to find a hungry lawyer who would take it pro bono. It's just a shame people don't wake up to this scam and all take them to court. Even if everyone lost it would still be enough to bankrupt those grifters. Always sad to see people get conned but they were warned by a lot of people this would happen and still chose to give them money anyway.

News Comments > A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI?
30. removed Jul 15, 2018, 12:17 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 15, 2018, 14:09.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Waning
8. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Waning Jul 14, 2018, 18:48 Cutter

fawker wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 17:51:
The real drawback to this, is that some people are just pretending to be nice, and you'll never know which is the case.

Yeah well that's pretty much how society works. We all hate each other but we pretend because otherwise we'll all just kill each other. It's necessary for humanity to function together.

28694 Comments. 1435 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo