Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On July 7, 2006
Founding Supporter Bronze, since March 1, 2020
Total Comments 32218 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Windbound Announced

1. Re: Windbound Announced Apr 2, 2020, 19:39  Cutter 

Sounded good. Hate the cutesy graphics though.

"Listen, I知 not the nicest guy in the Universe because I知 the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Endzone - A World Apart Early Access

1. Re: Endzone - A World Apart Early Access Apr 2, 2020, 19:35  Cutter 

Like the looks of this one. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

"Listen, I知 not the nicest guy in the Universe because I知 the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez

News Comments > Out of the Blue

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 17:58  Cutter 

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 16:42:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:46:
I have to agree with the sentiments others have expressed about Tiger King. It is a show about trash humans just being trash. I couldn't make it through the first episode nor do I really wish to push forward through it.

I couldn't make it through more than 3 eps of Breaking Bad for the same reason.

I never watch any of that sort of crap for the same reasons. I just can't get behind shows that glorify human scum. Poor cats.

News Comments > Free Steam Key for Fallout 76 Owners

11. Re: Free Steam Key for Fallout 76 Owners Apr 2, 2020, 17:48  Cutter 

Retired wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 14:48:
I thought I was going to be all in on FO76, but I didn't buy it. After reading a bunch, watching videos, streamers, etc.....I don't feel like I missed anything.

Can someone who is playing and enjoying give some info as to if and why I should jump in?

Thanks.

/edit: Thanks Horrorscope.

I got a cheap key on CDkeys like $10 or $15 so I took the plunge last year. It was an absolute bugfest and lagfest. Pinging like 250ms on average. Lots of rubber banding/warping. Died tons of times to mobs from it. Too many bugs to mention. I played for 3 months before enough was enough. The world they've designed is typical Fallout/Skyrim good but that's about. You can rent one of their shitty servers but you can't host your own even to play locally and privately. Oh yeah, and there's a hard cap on what you can build. So you're very limited in what you can build. Unfuckingreal.

That's why I asked if we still have to play on their crappy servers. If so, I'm out. 300Mbps connection and yes, it's really that bad. If you really want to play buy a cheap key off CDKeys for $10 US. They're Euro region keys but it explains how to redeem them so they're global - it worked flawlessly for me.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 12:51  Cutter 

However, at the same time as this ruling, China approved the use of bear bile to treat coronavirus patients.

Bear bile - a digestive fluid drained from living captive bears - has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine.

The active ingredient, ursodeoxycholic acid, is used to dissolve gallstones and treat liver disease. But there is no proof that it is effective against the coronavirus and the process is painful and distressing for the animals

Their stupid superstitious shit needs to end, now. God only knows how many animals they've driven to extinction, and almost all of them on the endangered species list now is a direct result of the Chinese.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 12:44  Cutter 

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 11:06:
Okay, it is really getting crazy out there: Train Engineer purposely crashes train

Eduardo Moreno, 44, told law enforcement investigators he was "suspicious" of the ship and believed it "had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover," the Justice Department said in a news release, citing the affidavit.

So there's no psych eval before they let some right-wing kook take over a 200 ton locomotive? Just, 'Here's the keys, have fun.'?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 2, 2020, 12:28  Cutter 

No, no we don't need more Googles. We need ethical companies that don't do evil.

News Comments > Free Steam Key for Fallout 76 Owners

3. Re: Free Steam Key for Fallout 76 Owners Apr 2, 2020, 11:52  Cutter 

It shows my Steam account is already linked. Huh, ok. Don't recall that. Will we still have to play on Bethsoft's shitty servers?

News Comments > Into the Black

1. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2020, 21:49  Cutter 

China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says

As much as we all know the WH wants to deflect on this whole thing I honestly don't doubt this for one second.

Also, more importantly....

China must close down 'wet markets' now

China is notorious for lack of hygiene and government oversight of their domestic wet markets. There are separate rules in China for food commodities for export and those for local consumption. The only problem with this duplicity is that it keeps neither their people safe nor those beyond their borders.

In recent years we have seen an alarming uptick in deadly viruses emerging from human contact with live animals.

The deadliest viruses emerged from human contact with live animals:

Asian Flu in 1957-1958 from a mutation in wild ducks at least 1.1 million dead
H5N1 Bird Flu in 1997 from Chinese geese at least 455 dead
SARS in 2002-2003 from wild animals (perhaps bats, civet cats) at least 774 dead
H7N9 Bird Flu in 2013 from poultry at live bird market about 610 dead
Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 in 2019-present from wild animals (perhaps bats) in a wet market in Wuhan 40,000 dead, and counting

China痴 domestic demand and customs for exotic and live food are a direct threat to the health, safety and welfare of the world. We can no longer allow China痴 domestic actions and inaction to threaten the world health and economy.

Amen to that.

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

11. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 1, 2020, 21:37  Cutter 

wrlwnd wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 20:49:
Uh, a bonus is supposed to be just that. A bonus.

If you have take a lower salary to get the bonus, then it ain't a bonus.

Duh.

No they're taking a lower salary to keep overhead low in exchange for a bonus based on a higher percentage. It's perfectly common. Seems they either had unrealistic expectations or someone was blowing smoke up their ass. I'd bet on the latter.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 21:32  Cutter 

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 20:49:
Documents show backlog of 160,000 coronavirus tests at just one lab company

I'm so tired of all the winning.

Yeah, I'm really pissed about this now.

"Ontario has come under widespread criticism for its sluggish testing rate. With nearly 40 per cent of Canada痴 population, Ontario has the lowest per-capita testing rate in the country at about 350 per 100,000 people less than half the per-capita rate of the other large provinces. It currently processes about 3,000 tests per day."

And it's all because of money. Fucking cons always cheap out on this stuff. And when it all goes to shit after the fact they'll do what they always do 'Derp! No way we could have known testing would help.'

You can't flatten the curve if you don't know who's sick! Call out the fucking military. Set up MASH units. We need mass testing and quick. That isolates the actual sick and lets the rest of life get back to some semblance of normalcy. Half measures are just a waste of time and money.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 21:22  Cutter 

Thanks all. Guess there's never a good time for it is there? But I really feel for everyone who has to deal with this shit right now. My poor cousin and his wife are isolated with 3 days remaining - they were away on business when all this started going down - and the coroner told him he can't even come see her until then, deal with her belongings, etc. He said they'll do something - memorial wise - once this is all under control. Definitely is making this whole thing a fuckton more somber now.

Poor Prez, let's hope he gets better. And fuck knows where Creston is, hope he's ok. So this is the joy of getting old, eh?

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2020, 21:33.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 15:17  Cutter 

Prez wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 13:50:
I still can't type too well. Just checking in.

Glad you're still with us, buddy! Just get some rest for now. If you need anything, holler.
Happy

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 15:15  Cutter 

Cram wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 12:45:
Sorry to hear that Cutter.

If there is a fund / in lieu of flowers request from the family please let me know.

No, thanks anyway, man. Super nice of you to offer. Her and my mom were real tight so I'm more concerned for her atm. My aunt died of post cancer surgery complications so it's not C19 related. She was in her late 70s anyway. So she had a good run.

It's just a solid reminder that life is going on as usual in spite of this virus scheisse. Just saw an article in the NYT with a doctor in Philly pleading for people to stop shooting each other because it's really a bad time for it - they're averaging 4 GSWs a day. People still having heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc. Fuck a duck.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 11:11  Cutter 

My aunt died yesterday and we don't even know if there will be a funeral/ memorial or anything now because of all the shit going on. Fuck.

News Comments > X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta Released

5. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta Released Mar 31, 2020, 21:47  Cutter 

Give it a week or so then let us know. Avorion is just too fugly for me.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 31, 2020, 21:43  Cutter 

Spoken by someone who's never did a hard day of physical work in her life.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2020, 15:38  Cutter 

What I miss is going for a beer. Really felt like popping down to my local the other day for a beer or two, shoot the shit with the regulars. You can only drink alone, listening to George Thorogoods I Drink Alone so much.

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2020, 15:21  Cutter 

And as people steadily grow broke and supply chains dwindle they'll abandon games in droves. Hrm, food and rent or a new $80 game? Gee, tough choice. /s

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2020, 15:19  Cutter 

Ban China entirely until they become a responsible full democracy, stop ripping everyone else off, and driving all wildlife to extinction for their stupid superstitious bullshit.

32218 Comments. 1611 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >