Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 30240 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2019, 15:56 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Apr 20, 2019, 15:16:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 20, 2019, 15:06:
Mark Hamill is a treasure.

Total class act, this guy. Too honest for Hollywood, though. I hope that after the Star Wars sequel trilogy disaster he finds better jobs in other movies and series - he absolutely deserves it. Next he will be voicing the new Chucky (now called Buddy - or Buddi?) in the Child's Play remake.

That's a good thing or we may never have got him doing the Joker. No one will ever do it better than him. That and The Cockknocker!

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” - Will Rogers
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Weedcraft Inc Trailer
1. Re: Weedcraft Inc Trailer Apr 20, 2019, 15:26 Cutter

Up in smoke, that's where my money goes
In my lungs and sometimes up my nose
When troubled times begin to bother me
I take a toke and all my cares go up in smoke

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” - Will Rogers

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Apr 20, 2019, 11:06 Cutter

Guess you had to see the actual blizzard because that's nothing. They don't call it the Great White North for nothing.

News Comments > More Randy Pitchford on Steam and the EGS
12. Re: More Randy Pitchford on Steam and the EGS Apr 19, 2019, 19:24 Cutter

Don't blast rails and tweet.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2019, 13:22 Cutter

Unless the contract is insanely broad why renegotiate? Just cancel it and sue them for breach to make the State's money back. It boggles the mind people keep bending over for the GOP to screw them without even the courtesy of a reach around.

News Comments > BOSSGARD Early Access
2. Re: BOSSGARD Early Access Apr 19, 2019, 13:19 Cutter

I paid the cost to be the boss. Look at me. You know what you see? You see a bad mutha....

News Comments > Mortal Kombat 11 Launch Trailer
3. Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Launch Trailer Apr 19, 2019, 13:18 Cutter

MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

News Comments > Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store
46. Re: Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store Apr 19, 2019, 10:50 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 09:32:
So, let's see if I have this straight

Clearly you don't.

No one owes you a goddamned thing. Don't like a distributor? Don't patronize them. Just stop throwing tantrums you entitled, spoiled, selfish children. No one gives a shit about your personal opinion and it seems quite obvious that the mass majority doesn't care. If they did, business practices would change. Hint: they're not. You're in the minority, get over yourself.

Most people care about other peoples opinions on why or why not to buy/use a product and/or service or we wouldn't have personal reviews. That includes companies. If they don't have your business they'd like to know why and what they can do in order to get it. So no, you're really not getting it. Thanks for playing though and we have some wonderful parting gifts for you. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2019, 10:44 Cutter

I'm getting plenty of sleep so shut up about it already.

Let the Water Wash Away Your Sins you sinners!
Angel

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 19, 2019, 10:38 Cutter

No, that's what it says about streaming and influencers and sheep that are easily led. I game all the time and I'm not engaged in any of that scheisse.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 19, 2019, 10:31 Cutter

I wouldn't trust a sleazebag company like Uber as far as I could throw it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 18, 2019, 19:01 Cutter

Arete Research Senior Analyst Richard Kramer told the publication that Google needs to do more to solve the issue. "Ad fraud is simply the norm in China (and for many other apps), and... Google should be doing far more to prevent it, even if it would materially reduce sales. They cannot claim ignorance of, or deny the problem," he said.

Yeah, let's ban China outright.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 18, 2019, 18:59 Cutter

Wow, that's a lot of money to throw away.

News Comments > XIII Remake Announced
1. Re: XIII Remake Announced Apr 18, 2019, 18:40 Cutter

I remember this, sorta kinda.

News Comments > Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store
1. Re: Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store Apr 18, 2019, 18:38 Cutter

Always wanted to check out this...but it ain't gonna' happen.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2019, 11:56 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 10:44:
That's good of Alex. People who stop working because of health issues start to deteriorate. Movement, action, keeps thing in motion. Keeps the body and mind fighting.

For your consideration, "Night Running" by Cage The Elephant and Beck.

Or he could retire and let someone else make some money.

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free
40. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 11:55 Cutter

Creston wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 08:29:
Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 22:59:
And there also firefighter helicopters that carry a lot less water and are a lot more accurate. So it's a fair assumption for a layman.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a clip of it that I can find easily. Top Gear USA did a fun little test where they had a fire-fighting helicopter drop water on 3 of their beater cars, and without any velocity it crushed the SHIT out of those cars.

Here's a clip where they just do a bulldozer's worth of water on a car and you can see the damage it causes from no height whatsoever. Dropping that on xhundred year old walls is just not a good idea.

And none of that changes the fact that the overwhelming majority of people wouldn't know that ERGO it's a FAIR ASSUMPTION.

22. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 17, 2019, 22:59 Cutter

Slick wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 19:18:
Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 19:13:
Slick wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 18:52:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 18:45:
We can all rest peacefully, the drumpf offered 'great experts' to help the Pope rebuild Notre Dame.

He tweeted a suggestion that they use firefighting jumbo jets to waterbomb the cathedral.

The French firefighters replied to the tweet saying that that would be dumb, and it would demolish the building.

We're not all firefighters or structural engineers though are we? When I saw the footage that was the first thing I thought of. Why not just dump some water on it? It's a huge stone building. You'd think it'd be able to take it. Certainly the weight of the roof on the columns is considerably more.

Right, I wouldn't expect you to know the physics of dumping 40 tons of a substance 30 times denser than concrete at 150 miles an hour on a barely-standing cultural landmark. I wouldn't expect trump to know that either.

But he's like, you know, the leader of the free world. Guy can fucking phone a friend. Just more evidence that he never does that, is suspect of all "experts" and has waged an open war on facts.

Can we get a new term to encapsulate the amount of time it takes for a thread to devolve into talking about this guy? Like that "Hitler law" or whatever?

And there also firefighter helicopters that carry a lot less water and are a lot more accurate. So it's a fair assumption for a layman.

13. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 17, 2019, 19:13 Cutter

Slick wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 18:52:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 18:45:
We can all rest peacefully, the drumpf offered 'great experts' to help the Pope rebuild Notre Dame.

He tweeted a suggestion that they use firefighting jumbo jets to waterbomb the cathedral.

The French firefighters replied to the tweet saying that that would be dumb, and it would demolish the building.

We're not all firefighters or structural engineers though are we? When I saw the footage that was the first thing I thought of. Why not just dump some water on it? It's a huge stone building. You'd think it'd be able to take it. Certainly the weight of the roof on the columns is considerably more.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2019, 17:30 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 14:26:
Hey Blue, an hour of walking a day is good exercise, but it's not enough. Don't forget to get up and walk around for 5m every hour. I'm sure you're sitting all day, and the 5-minute-of-moving-per-hour rule is being shown to reduce incidence of all kinds of diseases and health problems. You've posted several stories on this over the years, so I'm sure you're aware, but this is a reminder. We're not getting any younger!

It's more about duration and intensity. 10 minutes walking at a fast pace is better for you than an hour of sauntering along, or ambling if you choose. I enjoy a good amble. Anyway...I work out Mon (cardio & legs), Wed (all cardio), Fri (cardio and upper body) 60-90 mins per session. I was going to start doing HIIT training on Tues/Thors/Sat end of the month but I have to go for surgery on May 8 so I'll have to wait for June. I've talked to a lot of people who do similar workouts and they all say that HIIT was what really upped the game and gets you off plateauing. I've seen one or two BBC docs on it as well and they sing its praises as being far better and far more efficient overall. For cardio I row on a Concept 2 - 3X10min intervals and it just crushes me. But I dig it and it's the best (most efficient) combined strength and cardio exercise there is. So learn to row. The great thing about HIIT is you can do it without or absolute minimal equipment.

The good people from Johnson & Johnson (I wonder what The Dude thinks of that company?) put out a free HIIT workout app - J&J Official 7 Minute Workout and it's awesome. The guy who put it together creates workout regimens for militaries all over the world so there's no fuckin' around. I know you mentioned you run a lot so you might like this. It's free at any rate.

Thumbsup

30240 Comments. 1512 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo