Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 31748 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2020, 18:28 Cutter

Wow, KC did that pretty handily didn't they? I guess people in KC are going to be eating Kansas City style ribs tonight aren't they?

Huh, always wondered how much those flyovers cost....

The Crazy Amount of Money the Military Gives to the NFL

We’ve also become accustomed to seeing military jets fly over stadiums before games. According to the Washington Times, the military takes part in these flyovers roughly 1,000 times per year. And the costs can tally up to more than $10,000 per hour. But that’s more or less an estimate, and the costs can actually be much higher than that. In one case, four F-18s flew over Cowboys Stadium at the 2011 Super Bowl. The stadium has a roof, so fans had to see it on the big screen rather than having a direct line of sight. But it appears that single flyover could have cost the taxpayers as much as $450,000.

So that's perfectly fine but money for health care and/or education = bad?

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2020, 18:42.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CIG's Star Citizen Rebuttal to Crytek

12. Re: CIG's Star Citizen Rebuttal to Crytek Jan 19, 2020, 18:27 Cutter

Choobeastia wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 17:16:
They have released to the court and public viewing the GLA, or game license agreement, which is the contract between CIG and Crytek. The court ruled previously that the GLA does not require CIG to use Cryengine as provided by Crytek, but rather allows them to do so.

Hadn't seen that, thanks. Seems to me section 2.4 of that agreement covers CIGs obligations pretty specifically. And there is nothing in the amendments that changes that.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2020, 16:58 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 16:30:
A Michigan man found $43,000 in a second-hand couch. He returned it all.

Faith in humanity: RESTORED.

@Cutter: didn't read the article, didja. I'm sure the money is clean.

Yeah, I did. Obviously you didn't.

"Why he's got money in cushions, I don't know," said Fauth-Newberry's husband, Mike Newberry.

Doesn't say one way or another how or why the money came from or why it was there. And considering it's that amount in a shitty old ottoman for a shitty old couch than yeah it most likely is dirty money. He sure as hell didn't earn it. Criminals don't put cash in banks, unless they own the banks.

8. Re: CIG's Star Citizen Rebuttal to Crytek Jan 19, 2020, 16:53 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 16:27:
Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 14:16:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 13:06:
Now we have confirmation from Amazon that not only did it licence Lumberyard to CIG (which was publicly known) but also CryEngine, meaning that CIG cannot be in breach of the GLA with Crytek. Not that Crytek's claim had any merit, as the GLA specifically included Star Citizen AND Squadron 42.

Crytek attempted to extort CIG and now it looks like it will be on the hook for over $500,000 in legal costs, possibly a lot more. Crytek should be focused on paying its own employees rather than filing baseless lawsuits that will create even more of a blackhole in its finances.

Are you privy to the original contract between Crytek and CIG? If not than how would you possibly know? All I've seen is the usual convoluted mess of their PR people engaging in he said/she said.

Haven't they been releasing the contract text? I could have sworn I read some of it last year.

Since when are contract specifics public knowledge? Anywhere? All I've read since this bullshit began is claim vs. counterclaim - same as any public dispute - that's long on claims and short on actual facts.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2020, 14:32 Cutter

Don't really have any like or dislike for either the Titans or the Chiefs so it doesn't really matter to me who wins that one. Should be a good game. I'll give the edge to the Titans.

As previouslty stated I think the 49ers are probably going to take it all as they're just playing too well all around. Still, any given Sunday. Here's hoping The Green Bay Packers win it all. Rodgers certainly deserves another ring. Go Packers!

2. Re: A Michigan man found $43,000 in a second-hand couch. He returned it all. Jan 19, 2020, 14:28 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 14:02:
I gotta say, I'm not sure I am that honest...

Oh not a fucking a snowball's chance in Hell. I'd say the odds against that money being clean in the first place would be astronomically small. And of course there's the ancient law of "finders keepers losers weepers". Who would stash that sort of money - legally earned - in a couch...and then forget about it. Come on.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits

1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 19, 2020, 14:19 Cutter

Must be nice to be that rich you can just waste money so frivolously on dumb shit like this. The bloody Revolution cannot come soon enough. Break out the guillotines!

News Comments > Op Ed

1. Re: Op Ed Jan 19, 2020, 14:17 Cutter

I think bowling will take over.

Take the skinheads bowling, take them bowling....

6. Re: CIG's Star Citizen Rebuttal to Crytek Jan 19, 2020, 14:16 Cutter

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 13:06:
Now we have confirmation from Amazon that not only did it licence Lumberyard to CIG (which was publicly known) but also CryEngine, meaning that CIG cannot be in breach of the GLA with Crytek. Not that Crytek's claim had any merit, as the GLA specifically included Star Citizen AND Squadron 42.

Crytek attempted to extort CIG and now it looks like it will be on the hook for over $500,000 in legal costs, possibly a lot more. Crytek should be focused on paying its own employees rather than filing baseless lawsuits that will create even more of a blackhole in its finances.

Are you privy to the original contract between Crytek and CIG? If not than how would you possibly know? All I've seen is the usual convoluted mess of their PR people engaging in he said/she said.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2020, 14:56 Cutter

Got all gassed up on Friday and was a hungover as a bastard yesterday specifically so I wouldn't drink today because the Packer game will make me tense. I'm obvious pulling for them - as are all of you I'm sure - but I'll be surprised it they beat the 49ers. Titans v. Chiefs? The Titans are on a serious roll so I'll give the edge to them. I think however that the 49ers will most likely take it all though. Still, go Pack!

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2020, 14:10 Cutter

Hah! My money is on Fuckerberg.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 23:56 Cutter

Fuck are you talking about? ST TMP was the best film of them all.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch

25. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 23:55 Cutter

It's completely unnecessary and shows bad management. Not to mention it's wholly inefficient. After 10 hours at most you're mentally checked out so you're just wasting time and money at that point.  

News Comments > Joe Biden on CDA and Video Games

7. Re: Job Biden on CDA and Video Games Jan 17, 2020, 22:10 Cutter

So virtual violence bad, but thanking the military for their service - the people who go out actually kill other people as a profession - good?

Biden has never been anything but a D.I.N.O, a panderer, and a shill for the rich. If the Dems pick him they're gonna' lose.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 02:42 Cutter

WarPig wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 20:17:

I can't say you are wrong. But the public in general, has a short memory. Only time will tell, but I'd be willing to bet 737 Max planes will be back in the skies and rolling off the assembly line eventually.

I don't disagree with the short memory idea, but one of the main reasons is that most people just buy tickets to where they need to go + when they need to get there and the plane they get is the plane they get.

Last month I flew commercially for the first time since the mid '90's (went to LA to see the Rams kick my Seahawks ass). So I had a location and schedule that was pretty much set, and I had no idea what planes I would be sitting in, and to your point, didn't really care. There's probably a way to find out which type of plane you'll be riding in when you're booking your trip but I don't know what it is. As far as I know it was right on the ticket, which these days is just an image on your phone.

Yeah, you call the fuckin' airline and say, 'Hey what am I flying on?' 'What? A 737? Suck my balls!'

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

21. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 17, 2020, 02:39 Cutter

Works for me. I'd rather they do it next Autumn or Winter.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 18:10 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 15:35:
Bummed to hear Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed until September. However, it's understandable given the scope and scale, that they need more time to get the game to a state that meets both CDPR and gamer's standards.

Better that it's around that time of year. I think they should push it into October or even Nov/Dec for winter Xmas when people have more free time.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 13:28 Cutter

I like my Crucial SSD. The Crucial Storage Executive software that comes with it is the bomb. Shows your HDs, capacity, SMART, temperature - for the Crucial drives - firmware - if it's the latest for said Crucial drive, drive sanitizing, self-tests - short and long. Pretty good stuff considering my Kingston SSD didn't come with bupkiss.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Jan 16, 2020, 13:20 Cutter

MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

28. Re: Sex delays menopause, study finds. Jan 15, 2020, 17:31 Cutter

Prez wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 12:20:
No wonder my ex went into menopause at 38.

Hi-o!
Biker

31748 Comments. 1588 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >