Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Get off my lawn!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 31505 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 22:32 Cutter

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 19:59:
The best -lawyers- liars money can buy.
Disgusting Applies to both links

Are you serious? The only person defamed by the comments was Musk himself so there's no damages to collect. Being an idiot and saying something dumb doesn't mean the "victim" is entitled to $200m.

So you're a pedophile and okay with people acknowledging that fact, right?

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 6, 2019, 22:30 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 20:12:
Bernie Sanders proposes $150 billion for public broadband improvements.

* Sponsored by Google Stadia.

Not if Google and the rest of those pricks have to pay for it - which they would with Bernie.

News Comments > etc., etc.

1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 6, 2019, 22:20 Cutter

Hope it does show up on XGP and save me buying it.

News Comments > I Am Jesus Christ Revealed

8. Re: I Am Jesus Christ Revealed Dec 6, 2019, 22:14 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 21:00:
They always depict the nails incorrectly. The Romans would pound them through the wrists because the body's weight would pull away from hands.

There's actually not a whole lot of evidence on Roman crucifixions one way or the other - as to how they physically went about it, not that they happened or not. There's some theorizing that people were actually crucified on X's, not T's. You'd be hammered in and tied down facing the crossed wood. They've demonstrated it's a way more efficient way of doing it than using T's. Particularly in in the Middle-East where wood is way more scare and valuable. Also given the rarity and cost of spikes most who were crucified were simply tied to a cross. I guess they only spiked in people who they really wanted to make an example of so no one could come along and cut them down.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2019, 14:05 Cutter

Get a couple of ceramic wall panel heaters instead.

EconoHome Wall Mount Space Heater Panel - with Thermostat - 400 Watt Convection Heater

I have a couple of those in my basement rooms and they work really well and are way cheaper to run than electric baseboards.The ones I got are actually programmable which is sweet.

"Chipotle has nurses check if workers who call in sick are just hungover"

Absolutely. As we say in the resto biz, there's no such thing as hungover. You come in and tough it out or find another line of work.

Hope you score big there, Bill! Meanwhile the suits who were ripping him off get away scott free with their theft.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 13:54 Cutter

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 11:54:
I genuinely wonder why any woman would ever still use an Uber... Holy shit.

Why would anyone? The concept of ride-sharing is a good one. The reality of it is awful. Prices just as expensive as cabs. And the companies that run them don't pay taxes and contribute to the infrastructure they're using. And all those extra cars on the rode = environmental nightmare. Shut them down already or force them into being proper cab companies.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2019, 00:57 Cutter

bigspender wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 19:46:
Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 15:41:
Seeing as it's been years since I last put together a rig I have a question about RAM clock speeds. On the MSI X570 mobos I'm looking at the base speed is 2666Mhz but they support up to 4400Mhz. Yet I see a lot of people say it's really hard to get a stable system clocked out to the max like that. From all the research I've done 3600Mhz seems to be the sweet spot for stability and price/value. So should I stick with 3600 or go lower/higher? I'm really more concerned about stability than a tiny bit more speed. Thanks.

It really depends on the rest of your rig. There's tons of comparison videos on youtube with side by side performance numbers for whichever CPU/GPU you plan on getting.

It's not always worth getting the faster RAM, particularly if the price you pay isn't returned equally in performance. E.g. 5% performance from the ram might cost you another $200-300. Which is better spent on a faster CPU/GPU, or even just save it for an upgrade later on.

It also depends on what screen you are running. If you're doing 4K, and faster RAM is going to get you to the magic 60fps or above, then go for it. For 1080p, the difference between 100fps and 120 fps, is probably not particularly noticeable.

Thanks!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 15:41 Cutter

Seeing as it's been years since I last put together a rig I have a question about RAM clock speeds. On the MSI X570 mobos I'm looking at the base speed is 2666Mhz but they support up to 4400Mhz. Yet I see a lot of people say it's really hard to get a stable system clocked out to the max like that. From all the research I've done 3600Mhz seems to be the sweet spot for stability and price/value. So should I stick with 3600 or go lower/higher? I'm really more concerned about stability than a tiny bit more speed. Thanks.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 15:36 Cutter

Finally found the be quiet! case I want.

be quiet! Pure Base 500 Mid-Tower Case

Has anyone dealt with BH Photo Video before? Are they reliable? They appear to be at any rate. And shipping to Canada on orders of $99US is sweet. I'll pick something else up to hit that number if that's the case. Anyone looking for a new case should look at some of the reviews of this series on Youtube. Really sweet case - if you're more into cool and quiet than RGB. And I think I'll tint the window on it.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 15:31 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 14:48:
Seeing 4K50-60 in RDR2 with most setting set to high or ultra. Amazing level of optimization by the Rockstar team. Visuals look amazing.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1174180/Red_Dead_Redemption_2/

Edit: Wow! The snow in this game looks and moves like real snow. When your horse trots around little poofs of snow kick up. Love that level of detail!

Yeah, people bitch about Rockstar but they really just nail that sort of stuff spot on. Their horse models are the best I've ever seen in a game. Just next level stuff.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 15:30 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 13:22:
Just went vegetarian myself... no turkey on turkey day

Congratulations! Party2

Is this a lifestyle change or just a temporary thing. I'd like to make it a lifestyle change myself but it's difficult. I am eating a lot less meat these days so I'm getting there. It's deffo something we should all do.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 5, 2019, 15:03 Cutter

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 11:44:
If there's a talent for making games in the Romero family, it's Brenda.

John is her bitch.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Launch Trailer

11. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Launch Trailer Dec 5, 2019, 15:02 Cutter

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 12:04:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 11:06:
Gameplay vid from a week ago, if you're interested.

Thanks for the link. Companion AI looks pretty bad, to be honest, but other than that it seems... I dunno, okay, I guess? The guy keeps saying the game is so gorgeous, but it seems pretty mediocre.

Maybe this isn't my genre anymore.

There's a part where the drop ship drops off a few more mechs after they destroy the base and one of the smaller faster mechs - enemy AI - actually ran around behind them and started attacking them from behind. I thought was pretty impressive. I'll deffo keep it in mind for next year.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Adds Mounts, Mounted Combat, and Follower Leveling

1. Re: Conan Exiles Adds Mounts, Mounted Combat, and Follower Leveling Dec 5, 2019, 14:52 Cutter

Groovy, now get some dungeons in like you promised you would years ago you fuckers. These guys have zero idea how to prioritize.

News Comments > Imperator: Rome Free Weekend

3. Re: Imperator: Rome Free Weekend Dec 5, 2019, 14:47 Cutter

I've actually been wanting to try this but I've got a full plate with games atm. Been playing State of Decay 2 on XGP and it's just sucked me back in. I don't know what it is about those SoD games but they push the right buttons for me.

News Comments > etc.

11. Re: etc. Dec 4, 2019, 17:09 Cutter

Wouldn't that headline be more accurate to say 'Only 27.5% of PUBG players don't engage in PvP.' As only is generally indicative of less than more.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2019, 14:13 Cutter

RIP DCF! The Way to Eden is still one of my fave TOS eps. And it was genius whoever decided to cast Charles Napier as Adam. However, Spectre of the Gun by Gene L. Coon is still my fave ep of them all.

Spock: Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. Where the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2019, 14:04 Cutter

Talk about a self-entitled narcissist. I think Musk should be compelled to undergo a psychiatric evaluation and treatment.

News Comments > Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Announced

4. Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Announced Dec 4, 2019, 14:01 Cutter

Clu32 wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 13:48:
I hope they add nudity!

Like they say in France, 'You have to get down with the crudite, before you get down with the nud-i-tay.'

News Comments > Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Announced

3. Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Announced Dec 4, 2019, 14:01 Cutter

I wish these guys would make a new NWN style CRPG maker game instead. Someone should.

31505 Comments. 1576 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >