Total Posts
32880 (Jedi)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

32880 Comments. 1644 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    1644  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 15, 2020, 17:36
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 17:36
Jul 15, 2020, 17:36
 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 17:27:
Hey Cutter, I worked for Lowes and Home Depot and they don't use poisons like that in their stores (at least not here in the US and would assume the same in Canada), they use the boxes that trap them inside due to say for example a mother came in the store carrying a child and set the child on the floor and the floor would eat it scenarios. Also they use 3rd party companies to do this not the stores directly. Next time you go look around on the floor look for the traps. Google Ecolabs Mouse Traps and check the pictures so ya know what to look for. ALSO make sure to scrub the shit out of anything the rodent came in contact with, it may have not been poison that killed him.

I left them my email so we'll see. Plus he wasn't sickly looking per se. No sweats. He didn't look to be in bad shape. Just disoriented and woozy. It's why he was sitting out in the middle of the floor during the day. And he got progressively worse until he died, which was several hours later so I'd be utterly amazed if it wasn't poison. Perhaps he got into some where they actually stock the stuff. I kept him in large old plastic tote - on a pile of folded paper towels - I had so I'll just leave it outside for a few days and any bacteria or anything will have died by then. Then I'll give it a wash. Thanks for the heads up on that however. I'm just pissed that such a cute little guy had to die like that. That so many people think nothing of killing certain animals that they decide are pests. It's part of why I like animals and detest people so much.

Morty: You sold a gun to a murderer so you could play video games?
Rick: Yeah, sure, I mean, if you spend all day shuffling words around, you can make anything sound bad, Morty.

Jul 15, 2020, 15:49
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 15:49
Jul 15, 2020, 15:49
 Cutter

PhysicalEd wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 15:35:
Cutter, good for you for the attempt. You can't know it wouldn't have worked.

I know someone whose dog got into rat poison. Luckily they found out quickly and were able to save him, but it was a long slow process. In his case it was Warfarin so he had internal bleeding, and after treatment was very susceptible to bruising, so he was not allowed to play or roughhouse for quite some time. Tell a young Lab not to play! The mouse probably also ate warfarin, the internal bleeding would probably make the little guy dehydrated.

The worst are the cyanide traps they put out for coyotes in the West. They routinely kill people's dogs attracted to the bait, and a child was nearly killed by one. Don't research the topic unless you want to have a stroke from anger.

Blue, I gotta love your sense of humor over such a disappointment! I hope they can do it before they have to shut everything down again!

Thanks. I did shoot off an email to Lowes about this. Asked them to stop using it in their stores - and to stop selling it and glue traps - and stop being so fucking cheap and use ultrasonics instead. And I did take the poor little guy to a vet up the road and they agreed to cremate him. Couldn't risk burying him outside and possibly cause some other animals harm and I didn't have the heart to just throw him in the trash. He was a cute little fella. Didn't deserve that. Wish he made it. He would have liked it here. Protection, shelter and plenty of food.

Rick: Yeah, sure, I mean, if you spend all day shuffling words around, you can make anything sound bad, Morty.

Re: Marvel's Avengers Open Beta Next Month
Jul 15, 2020, 13:24
Cutter

Re: Marvel's Avengers Open Beta Next Month Jul 15, 2020, 13:24
Jul 15, 2020, 13:24
 Cutter

You guys are absolutely right. It does look pretty bad.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jul 15, 2020, 11:59
Cutter

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 11:59
Jul 15, 2020, 11:59
 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:24:
WaltC wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 09:42:
sliv wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 09:20:

I'm sorry, who's hating who here?

Yes--it's weird. Only hate I see anywhere comes from the left. If you don't think like they do, they hate you. Those people have unimaginable quantities of hate stored up...;)They call names--constantly--they censor and they ban--and besides all of that--they actually believe their narrow-minded guff is A-OK...;) It's like they never heard of "free speech" and "respecting the other guy's opinion even if you don't agree." People who aren't Christians think they know more about Christianity than the people who practice it. People who have no problem apparently with some religions cutting off heads, or BLM looting and pillaging with wild abandon, flip out at someone preaching a Christian gospel. You nailed it--there's more intolerance and bigotry today than I have ever seen--and very little of it comes from Trump supporters, imo.

This might be the most ridiculous thing ever posted on Bluesnews. Trump Supporters are defined by their hate and violence; what world are you living in, exactly? Trump supporters have been openly spewing hate since the build up to the 2016 election. They have no respect, from the actual President, down to the unemployed trailer park resident on welfare, for anyone of another race or creed. In addition to actually attacking other Americans physically, Trump supporters constantly preach violence or insults on every form of social media. You have years of evidence of this. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Does that mean they are the only angry or even violent people in the US? No, of course not. But saying Trump supporters aren't at least as, if not more guilty than whatever 'left' outliers you are thinking of, is patently false.

I guess you missed the liberal mobs out there over the last several weeks rioting, burning, destroying, and looting private property. Not to mention all the assaults and murders they've committed. Yeah, the left are just pure as the driven snow. Are you ever not the victims in something? Rolleyes

Jul 15, 2020, 11:55
Cutter

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 11:55
Jul 15, 2020, 11:55
 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 01:25:
Elvis wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 22:55:
Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 21:05:
Interesting. Prior to the recent LGBTQ ruling by SCOTUS I would have said he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Now? It would seem the Left has painted themselves into a corner. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Twitch simply can't say you can't engage in religion on their platform as that's discriminatory. Not to mention that this jeopardizes their Safe Harbor status because that constitutes editorializing. They allow people to use their platform for LGBTQ, BLM, etc. It's an all or nothing affair. They should have been smart and left him alone. Just push his channel down to the bottom of the list/make him near impossible to find unless you're searching for him specifically by name. The virtual equivalent of benching someone. I suspect that these services will do exactly that going forward.

What a steaming pile of nonsense! painted into a corner, jeopardize their Safe Harbor status

Thank you for the painfully long Tuesday LOL at your ignorant threats and doofus contrasts with LGBTQ and BLM activism on Twitch.

Twitch banned Doktor Fake Ass Victim for the same reason they banned the President of the United States, along with 25000 other channels, but please whine about censorship on a private platform where the CEO recently stated "It’s very explicitly not a free speech platform".
Good Grief.

You have to remember that Cutter does not read the articles just the headlines.

No, I read them. Idiots like you and him are simply too fucking stupid to understand them or what I'm saying. You need to have at least half a brain and beyond a grade school education to do that.

Jul 15, 2020, 11:48
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 11:48
Jul 15, 2020, 11:48
 Cutter

Yeah, I dunno that little deer was playing so much as trying to club them to death. Other animals were definitely having fun.

Speaking of which. I was in Lowes yesterday when I came across a poor little mouse in the middle of the floor. He was disoriented and needed help so I took him home. It became apparent fairly quick that he had eaten poison. I called a vet and wildlife rescue and they said the best they could do was to euthanize him. I gave him water through a eyedropper and the poor little thing was parched. He grabbed it with his little paws and drank a ton. He's sleep than stagger around a bit and sleep some more. Finally about 11pm last night he succumbed. It was pretty heartbreaking. I wonder if I just didn't prolong his suffering and should have just took him to be put down. It was well intentioned but we all know what the road to Hell is paved with. And I suppose if I was dying from poison or some other slow and painful way I'd appreciate that mercy. I really though he might pull through though. Damn.

So I'm going to take his remains to a vet now to see if they can safely dispose of him as it's dangerous to other animals if they come across his remains. They so need to get ban of animal poison and glue traps - anyone who uses the latter especially is a literal fucking monster IMO. They're just really cruel and inhumane. If you're too lazy to live trap and relocate an animal hire someone to do it. Barring they say the best lethal traps are the ones that electrocute. Better still use ultrasonics to keep them away. They work. The only reason animals come into houses is looking for food. If more people would plant fruit and nut trees and shrubs everywhere it wouldn't be an issue to begin with. I'm going to fire off an email to Lowes about this as well. Poor little fella'.

Sad

P.S. If you don't want to be absolutely infuriated never go to PETAs website and look at their action alerts about cruelty to animals. I watched a few of those and it's been a long time since I've literally wanted to kill some sick motherfuckers but some of those assholes I would gladly dispatch. You see shit like that and you realize, 'No, we can't all get along because there are some seriously sick motherfuckers in this world that desperately need to be culled from the gene pool for the good of other life, if not on general principle alone.'

Re: Is It Time To Kill The Penny?
Jul 15, 2020, 11:26
Cutter

Re: Is It Time To Kill The Penny? Jul 15, 2020, 11:26
Jul 15, 2020, 11:26
 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:17:
It is...and a price should be rounded down, not up, to the nearest nickle.

I cannot remember the last time I spent a penny. Either by itself or as part of mixed change. When I rarely get change, I just throw it in the jar when I get home. After a decade or so, I'll take it all to the bank and deposit it.

**Cue the "I use pennies ALL the time" contrarians**

We got rid of the penny eight years ago and it's great. It does round up on 3 or higher but rounds down on 2 or lower. So it all comes out in the wash. However you still pay the exact amount if using debit or credit. I have several pennies in my change jar and they're all American.

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Jul 15, 2020, 11:20
Cutter

Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 11:20
Jul 15, 2020, 11:20
 Cutter

Criminal killed by other criminals? Shocker.

Jul 15, 2020, 00:22
Cutter

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 00:22
Jul 15, 2020, 00:22
 Cutter

Elvis wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 22:55:
Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 21:05:
Interesting. Prior to the recent LGBTQ ruling by SCOTUS I would have said he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Now? It would seem the Left has painted themselves into a corner. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Twitch simply can't say you can't engage in religion on their platform as that's discriminatory. Not to mention that this jeopardizes their Safe Harbor status because that constitutes editorializing. They allow people to use their platform for LGBTQ, BLM, etc. It's an all or nothing affair. They should have been smart and left him alone. Just push his channel down to the bottom of the list/make him near impossible to find unless you're searching for him specifically by name. The virtual equivalent of benching someone. I suspect that these services will do exactly that going forward.

What a steaming pile of nonsense! painted into a corner, jeopardize their Safe Harbor status

Thank you for the painfully long Tuesday LOL at your ignorant threats and doofus contrasts with LGBTQ and BLM activism on Twitch.

Twitch banned Doktor Fake Ass Victim for the same reason they banned the President of the United States, along with 25000 other channels, but please whine about censorship on a private platform where the CEO recently stated "It’s very explicitly not a free speech platform".
Good Grief.

I don't even understand any of that moronic drivel you just spewed forth. Go away, child. Adults are speaking here.

Jul 14, 2020, 21:05
Cutter

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2020, 21:05
Jul 14, 2020, 21:05
 Cutter

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Jul 14, 2020, 20:39
Cutter

Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 14, 2020, 20:39
Jul 14, 2020, 20:39
 Cutter

Another body for the pyre over an allegation.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jul 14, 2020, 17:36
Cutter

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2020, 17:36
Jul 14, 2020, 17:36
 Cutter

maddog wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 14:57:
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't the courts all but killed municipal broadband? I get that some municipalities have it but it's far from being common.

He'd be better served to team up with Musk and promote his Starlink

I think that's mainly a state by state thing. Probably all but dead in red states and mostly doable in blue states. Just one more thing the Dems need to fix. However, if they fail to get the 2/3rd majority control - because that's what's required to override a Presidential veto - of Congress it doesn't matter if Biden beats Trump. The GOP actually stand a pretty good chance of retaking complete control of Congress. If they do, America is fucked regardless of who the President is. I don't understand all this focus on the Presidency when control of Congress is what really matters in this election. If the Dems pull it off and Trump wins, it doesn't matter he's a completely lame duck for the rest of his final turn no matter what an embarrassment he is. He who controls Congress controls the country.

Jul 14, 2020, 17:30
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2020, 17:30
Jul 14, 2020, 17:30
 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 16:52:
The Flying Penguin wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 15:40:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 15:23:
Naya Rivera: 'Glee' actress died after saving her 4-year-old son, authorities say.

So odd. There must be more to this story.

Story I read says Sheriff thinks they both went for a swim, and somehow she became exhausted and managed to get the child back on the boat, but couldn't make it herself. They found a life jacket on the child but her's was still on the boat. Maybe she had a medical incident?

Yeah, medical incident, or alcohol or drugs maybe? A young fit mother can lift her life jacketed son into the boat, but not herself? And she doesn't have the ability to hold onto the side of the boat and rest for a few minutes to recover her strength? The autopsy report should give us more clues.

It's easy to get fatigued in the water really fast. Even in cool water it'll sap your energy faster than on land. So much so that yeah, you can't even hold on to a boat ladder, bumper, flotation device, etc. That was just dumb on her part, especially with a child on hand. Now the poor kid has to grow up without its mom. May have been something as simple as cramping up, no drugs or alcohol needed.

From the CDC on uintentional drowning in the US...

"How big is the problem?

From 2005-2014, there were an average of 3,536 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day. An additional 332 people died each year from drowning in boating-related incidents.

About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger.1 For every child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries.

More than 50% of drowning victims treated in emergency departments (EDs) require hospitalization or transfer for further care (compared with a hospitalization rate of about 6% for all unintentional injuries). These nonfatal drowning injuries can cause severe brain damage that may result in long-term disabilities such as memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning (e.g., permanent vegetative state).

So 10 a day, plus almost one a day in boating related drownings. Not uncommon at all. I've seen it at regattas where guys have gone into the drink - with life jackets - and by the time you circle back to get them you literally have to drag them out of the water.

Jul 14, 2020, 13:08
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2020, 13:08
Jul 14, 2020, 13:08
 Cutter

Yeah, brain aneurysm, scary but mercifully quick at any rate. That happened to a friend of my mom 30 years back. She was driving on the highway of all places when it happened. They say it was a miracle no one else was hurt. That's the best you can hope for, unexpected and quick.

Jul 13, 2020, 20:15
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2020, 20:15
Jul 13, 2020, 20:15
 Cutter

They should stay away from anything pertaining to peoples/races regardless of intent. That sort of pandering would infuriate a lot of people, myself included. Just stick with the usual nouns for sports teams animals or historical tough guys - warriors, cowboys, etc. They'll probably go with Warriors which is bleh. I think they should go with Redhawks.

Re: Into the Black
Jul 13, 2020, 20:06
Cutter

Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2020, 20:06
Jul 13, 2020, 20:06
 Cutter

I really don't think "influencers" warrant an obit. How about just keeping to people who have actually contributed to society in some meaningful way - whether it be arts, science, business, or sports?

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jul 13, 2020, 20:03
Cutter

Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2020, 20:03
Jul 13, 2020, 20:03
 Cutter

Libs turning on their own? Shocker! Lol!

Jul 13, 2020, 13:06
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2020, 13:06
Jul 13, 2020, 13:06
 Cutter

So the - money - pressure finally got to Snyder and the Redskins are no more - or shortly will be. Saw a great comment where someone said they should change the name to reflect the reality of Washington DC and call themselves The Washington Grifters. "Redskins" always seemed to be more offensive than it was. I suppose its all in how you say it or take it. Poll after poll over the years showed most Natives really didn't care. If they were called the Whiteskins I wouldn't really care either. I'd just find it an immensely odd name for a sports team.

Jul 13, 2020, 13:03
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2020, 13:03
Jul 13, 2020, 13:03
 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 13, 2020, 12:57:
Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2020, 12:28:
I will never forget Kelly Preston in Mischief . Yowsa!

Looks like a standard teen film, oddly it is not available on any of the services currently.

Yeah, it was your standard coming-of-age teen comedy. I always liked it, and not just because she naked and smoking hot. I was 17 when it came out? I think I was really into the 50s at that point.

Jul 13, 2020, 12:28
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2020, 12:28
Jul 13, 2020, 12:28
 Cutter

I will never forget Kelly Preston in Mischief . Yowsa!

The "rich" calling for higher taxes rings pretty hollow IMO. They don't need higher taxes, they need to abolish tax loopholes. There is nothing stopping those people from not taxing advantage of those loopholes and paying more taxes than they do - which in most cases is next to nothing, if not nothing. And I wonder for those saying that how well they treat their employees at their own companies? Are they leading by example with a living wage and good benefits? Being environmentally friendly? etc.

32880 Comments. 1644 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    1644  ] Older