Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 949 (Graduate)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Uncovered

4. Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Uncovered Dec 3, 2019, 18:21 Cram

Fair enough; sounds like a day one purchase. Thanks!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Uncovered

1. Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Uncovered Dec 3, 2019, 11:14 Cram

Never played the original - anyone here at Blues hyped for it? Was the original a good one?

Never had played RE2 either, but loved the remake. I'm one of those people where one of their favorite games of all time is RE4, having never played any of the previous titles.

News Comments > New AMD and Intel CPU Reviews

9. Re: New AMD and Intel CPU Reviews Nov 25, 2019, 16:12 Cram

Linus taking it to Intel this morning, that was epic.  

News Comments > Game Reviews

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 23, 2019, 19:50 Cram

Not surprised..

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding

2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Nov 20, 2019, 20:15 Cram

Wow...they owned their goal.
Grats to Canada's Lynnvander Studios, damn impressive.

News Comments > Shenmue III Released

9. Re: Shenmue III Released Nov 19, 2019, 18:07 Cram

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 12:20:
Cram wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 12:14:
4+ years since its announcement, kick-starter and some drama along the way. I wonder how this one will do, will it recoup its development cost and make a profit?

"One of the most anticipated video games in history"

Is it?
For Kickstarter backers it definitely is, no?

I honestly do not know. I hope so.
With all the delays and weird things; I think if I were a kickstarter backer of this one my anticipation would have deflated by now. Furthermore, as a PC gamer and not a console gamer, I would be kinda pissed off too.

I hope they release the sales numbers of the console version and the PC version
separately. Did they ever release any info about how many people chose the console version for their reward vs the PC version during the kickstarter? I imagine in Japan it's 99.8% console.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2019, 18:02 Cram

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 10:47:
As I was awaiting for some further Zen2 Bio/MB maturity, this comes out and now it's like wait 'til Zen 3, so be it.

Going to hold out for Zen 3 as well. I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a new build built around the 9900ks but I can wait now. Was already considering waiting for Zen3 but had no info on it till today. Should be good.

News Comments > Shenmue III Released

1. Re: Shenmue III Released Nov 19, 2019, 12:14 Cram

4+ years since its announcement, kick-starter and some drama along the way. I wonder how this one will do, will it recoup its development cost and make a profit?

"One of the most anticipated video games in history"

Is it?

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx VR Game Plans Leaked?

17. Re: Half-Life: Alyx VR Game Plans Leaked? Nov 18, 2019, 19:00 Cram

NKD wrote on Nov 18, 2019, 18:34:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 18, 2019, 18:12:
Geoff Keighley knew about No Man's Sky status before its release date and yet choose to not to speak up and warn consumers. As far as I'm concerned he puts the publisher's interest ahead of the consumer's. That makes him untrustworthy.

https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1196566870360387584

Well then. That escalated quickly.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews

3. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 17, 2019, 19:32 Cram

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 19:22:
No D2 remaster = suckage
I think, in regards to lost art assets, that whether you're doing a remaster or a remake I think you would have to redo a lot of the art anyway for Diablo 2. So it comes down to resources there. There is an interesting reply from a Reddit user regards to this article at what Brevik says. I found it a good read, via ashkyn on reddit:

I've heard Brevik say this a few times, and although I have absolute respect for what he has done (and is still doing), I can't help but disagree with his adamant implication that Diablo 2 would be so difficult to remaster to the point of non-viability.

He has rightly made note of the low resolution, and how AI and map generation are tightly coupled to the viewspace. These aren't insurmountable problems, and amateur modders have overcome these problems (to a limited extent) already.

D2MultiRes has allowed custom resolutions for many years, and other implementations have popped up in a myriad of other mods recently.

As for the AI, we don't necessarily need to increase the field of view - which is not egregiously out of whack with modern ARPGS. If the field of view were decoupled from the resolution, and a scaling mechanism was implemented, the experience would be satisfactory.

There is presently a project on the Phrozen Keep to completely replace the renderer with modern, modular code, and once that is compete we may not even need Blizzard to give us a remaster.

Either way, many of the issues raised by Brevik are already solved, or will be rendered moot with the amount of resources that could be allocated to this sort of project with the guarantee of an audience like d2hd would inevitably command.

EDIT: The project mentioned is D2GFEx, currently in alpha.

News Comments > Path of Exile 2 Announced

8. Re: Path of Exile 2 Announced Nov 15, 2019, 22:35 Cram

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:30:
Cram wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:20:
4.0 is PoE2.
Okay, that makes a little more sense, although I'm not sure how I missed that previously. Have they said that from the beginning and I managed to overlook it somehow? Or did they come to a realization after announcing 4.0 that they wanted to call it PoE2?

Fair question, I don't think anyone knows. They did not mention anything during the announcement, which had something like 180k people watching on Twitch (wow), about how or when they decided to call 4.0 "Path of Exile 2".

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 15, 2019, 22:29 Cram

Don't you exiles have phones?  

6. Re: Path of Exile 2 Announced Nov 15, 2019, 22:20 Cram

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:05:
I'm confused too -- so this is in addition to the big 4.0 release of PoE? I agree it is weird timing...

Maybe the MTXs were slowing down? They need everyone to rebuy all the stash tabs in a "new game"?

4.0 is PoE2. All MTX purchased in PoE will transfer over to PoE2, no re-buying anything you've already purchased.

Statement from Chris Wilson in May 2019: "Wilson said, “That 4.0.0 expansion is going to take on Diablo 4, as far as we’re concerned. It’s the next generation of action-RPGs and represents a really big upgrade to Path of Exile.” The mega expansion will be teased at Exilecon in November with a very early build, but is still roughly “a year and a half away.”"

I think Chris said similar things before even Blizzcon 2018, about 4.0 being developed to take on D4.

1. Re: Path of Exile 2 Announced Nov 15, 2019, 21:24 Cram

It's a good time to be a fan of ARPGs.

Looks good!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews

5. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 15, 2019, 16:47 Cram

Maybe OT, but if you're building a new rig around Ryzen 3xxx - highly recommended you get a minimum 3200mhz kit with the lowest timings you can afford. Worth watching a couple videos about this on youtube if you have questions about this. Concur 16gb is fine.  

News Comments > The Pit: Infinity Released

4. Re: The Pit: Infinity Released Nov 14, 2019, 14:07 Cram

Slashman wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 13:13:
I have it! It is awesome.

It is basically a FPS remake of the Pit with all the creatures and horrors therein.

Lots of weapons, lots of recipes...lots of ways to die. Poison, disease, traps, environmental hazards, starvation and of course the creatures of the pit.

Combat is more based on your stats and proficiency with the given weapon than twitch skills. Certain creatures will retreat when they take a certain amount of damage. And come back to eat you later...

There are a lot of items and it takes a while to figure out what does what. Do you eat this dubious looking foodlike substance or do you hold out that you will find something more edible later?

I didn't really like the isometric, turn based version of The Pit (just a personal preference), but I can get behind this.

Is every floor of The Pit the same? I got to level 3 last night and am quickly starting to think I am going to get sick of this same environment very quickly... Also experiencing RNG issues others complained about on their Steam discussion forum. I've had 5 or 6 99% Success rate things fail. In about 30 minutes of play time.

News Comments > BioShock Speculation

12. Re: BioShock Speculation Nov 13, 2019, 12:18 Cram

Goodnight, Irene  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 12, 2019, 21:11 Cram

Looking forward to next year. Been putting my loonies and toonies into the bank for a little while for my next build. Looks like fall of next year, assuming the 3080 launches in the summer of 2020. I don't want to immediately early adopt, the 3xxx Ryzen series is the most recent example of why waiting a bit after new tech launches is a SMRT thing.

4xxx Series AMD, AMD's "Nvidia Killer", Whatever Intel has for 14nm, and Ampere. Competition is delicious.

The one thing I've never done, ever, is go all out on a build. I have always taken concessions. With my last build, I took a 6600k over a 6700k. I should spent the extra $150CAD on the 6700k, I kind of knew it at the time too. The plan, by fall next year, is to just go nuts. Go nuts and not regret it as I'm saving well ahead of time. Probably buy some VR shit too because why not treat yourself if you can.

News Comments > Diablo IV Leak Revisited

18. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 11, 2019, 17:22 Cram

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 17:04:
phinn wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 16:55:
They're playing it super-safe and are just literally remaking D2

So basically they're giving the people what they wanted and upgrading it after the debacle that was D3 and you're complaining.

They already turned the clusterfuck of a shitfest that was Diablo 3 at release into a somewhat acceptable Diablo 2.1 via all the patches and RoS. They already gave people what "they" wanted.

Diablo 4 could have used a HUGE coat of fresh paint. It is embarrassing for Blizztard how much better and more diverse a game like Grim Dawn is.

You are comparing a game that has been out for over three years with a pre-pre-pre etc Alpha demo made for Blizzcon? Good job man.

You, and I, have no f*cking clue what Diablo 4 will be like at launch, and furthermore what it'll be like after the first expansion. This is a key point, because vanilla D2 was awful, and so was vanilla D3 - both were fixed in their respective expansions after post-expansion patches. Furthermore, I can't think of one game in this genre that was actually in the realm of "amazing" when it launched. I will say this, based on Blizzards previous history with D2 and D3, vanilla D4 probably won't be anything amazeballs and will likely need work. As is tradition in the Diablo franchise since the VERY BEGINNING.

Face palming at all the absolute nonsense, non constructive, criticism.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews

4. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 10, 2019, 20:19 Cram

At the same time, Intel has their 14nm figured out. We're still dealing with AMD fixes for the 3xxx series, as is tradition for their new product launches. It will likely continue for a little while. There's a market for the 9900ks, I feel I am among them, thing tempts me, but will likely hold out till mid 2020 for my next build. Again, binned Silicon is the point here - I am sure there might still be some 9900k's out in the wild that can reach 5ghz all core or more but you just don't know.

I would pay a premium for binned silicon, along with necessary cooling, for a computer I planned on using for 3-4+ years. I don't edit videos, I don't stream. In other words I do not necessary need 12-16 cores today, or necessarily in the future.

My plan is waiting till 4000 series AMD / 10th Gen Intel along with when 3xxx Nvidia cards launch. Point of my post, I do not discredit the 9900ks as I absolutely believe it has a place whether other people like it or not.

949 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >