Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 850 (Graduate)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
21. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 16:21 Cram

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 16:14:
US pre-orders for 3rd party cards have been up for a little bit now, most are sold out. All for $1200+ for the Ti across the board. Without any benchmarks, or even so much as knowing what the fucking core frequency will be... blood in the water, they don't give a fuck. It's been so long since the last gen people will buy it regardless.

Now they've proven that they'll sell @ $1200 for a Ti minimum, that's the baseline. $999 is a fucking dream. And that USD, I can't wait to see the $1600-$1700 Canadian variants.

This is a shit show, too bad, cause the BFV demo walkthrough looked incredible

Memoryexpress is taking preorders in Canada, and yep the Asus 2080TI is preorder of $1650, reg 2080's around $1150; still looking over other models.

LOL

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"
15. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 17:00 Cram

Icewind wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 05:11:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 01:58:
What I'd really like to see is Diablo FPS. I want to shoot firebolts and chain lightning at demons!

Hellgate London?

That didn't go so well.

Flagshipped

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Announced
3. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Announced Aug 9, 2018, 11:49 Cram

ItBurn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 11:36:
Torchlight 2 is a terrible game. We just replayed it and gave it a fair chance, but after a while we just alt+f4'ed out of the game never to return. Because of that, I'm not too excited about this... They better have learned from their mistakes and competition.

I still go back and play Torchlight 1 with a few mods from time to time. Really enjoy that game, the music etc. However, agreed with you on Torchlight 2. I beat the game once, at launch, and I was done. I have tried playing it a couple times since then and can't even get past the first couple hours before giving up.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2018, 11:59.

News Comments > Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"
2. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 14:42 Cram

I think an HD Diablo2 is likely, even if it requires a complete overhaul of the whole game. They can't just take D2 as it is right now and slap widescreen support on it with higher resolution. Enemies, one of the issues for example, work by line of sight in that if they can't see you on the screen at 800x600 res they won't aggro. Boost that up to 1080p res, you'll be able to see thousands of monsters and they won't be able to see you/aggro at all and attack you until you're damn close to them physically.

Likely a card or mobile game too. Now, Diablo 4 (and will it be a sequel or prequel?) or maybe World of Diablo? Something different? I think we can all probably agree though that it will require Always Online and have a Cash Shop at the minimum.

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2018, 12:18 Cram

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 09:28:

It's on track to lose several hundred million dollars. $350 in theater sales isn't much when compared to a $250 million original budget + $200 million reshoot budget + $150 million marketing budget. (I'm taking those numbers from a YouTube film critic's video,

Scientist Man for President.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 11:34 Cram

I am looking to obtain a license to sell Cannabis in my Liquor Store in British Columbia. Despite what's happening in Ottawa, there are so many unanswered questions and things yet to be figured out both Provincially and Federally. An excerpt from ABLE BC, who represents Private Liquor Stores in BC:

"Although cannabis is about to be legalized federally, there are still many unanswered questions about how cannabis will be retailed in British Columbia. We are currently engaging with the province and various municipalities to get members the clarity they need to evaluate the business and investment decisions inherent to opening a cannabis retail business in their communities. Members should bear in mind that, while today's vote is the final federal step in authorizing legalization, it remains but the first step in a lengthy licensing process that has not yet been articulated. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and to advocate for your interests in the days ahead."

There is no news at all about taxes, they don't know yet (provinces or federally). It's a gong show of confusion right now.

Don't expect to see licensed legal distribution of Cannabis in Canada anytime soon, and expect to continue seeing dispensaries being shut down in the meantime. In BC, the BC LDB (Liquor Distribution Board) will supply 'licensees' with licenses and product - they have not even begun developing the systems required to do this. Each province is still working on developing their distribution model - no one has one finished yet.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage
3. Re: Poor Sam got screwed by console again. Jun 18, 2018, 20:25 Cram

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 20:19:
That A.I. is really bad. I've played many pre-alpha's and this looks really bad also. This demo screamed console.

I think the enemy design in general needs a complete rework if only to bring something new to the series. The Kleer, for example, same thing as every previous game. Exact same AI in SS1,SE, SS2, SS3, it runs at you, jump attacks, and you strafe and fire. Same strat since SS1. Same with the charging bull enemy shown.

I thought the graphics look great though; the amount of customization and options every previous SS engine has allowed for you on PC is pretty over the top and no reason to think this one won't follow suit.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
7. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 5, 2018, 23:33 Cram

Has Blizzard ever confirmed a project in one of their main franchises like this before? The rumors are usually flying (usually for years) but they don't actually say anything till say a Blizzcon or other major Convention with a full unveil.

I get the feeling this is not a Diablo 4, hope I'm wrong. Though the idea of an Open World Diablo game mentioned below could be interesting. I wouldn't necessarily be mad about a World of Diablo either. Whatever it will be, we all know it will have revenue generators beyond just software sales..

Also, I look forward to the great Bluesnews Diablo news thread discussions. There were some doozies leading up to Diablo 3's release on this site, and well afterwards too.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2018, 17:11 Cram

RedEye9 wrote on May 28, 2018, 11:13:
The only thing that petulant ass-clown David Crooks will be remembered for the rest of his life is going to be his Total Biscuit meltdown. how embarrassing

Allegedly Crooks was not the only one, several other EA/Bioware employees have also shared their bizarre opinions while representing their employers logo on their twitter including a Senior Animator at Bioware. Mostly just supporting everything Crooks said including the "fuck that guy nine ways to Sunday, and good riddance to bad rubbish" comment. I did not link those previously because I was not sure to their authenticity but they appear as real as Crooks's 15 Minutes of Stupidity.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2018, 14:19 Cram

Bioware Programmer goes on a rant and makes some sick remarks hours after TotalBiscuits death. He has since made is account private and deleted all information referencing him as a Bioware/EA employee.

Tweets
Reddit Thread nearing 10,000 upvotes at /r/pcgaming

News Comments > Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed
13. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 20:07 Cram

I didn't hate SS3. The first 6 levels, the CoD levels, themselves were fine but they weren't Serious Sam. As we knew Serious Sam, anyway. They were fine levels for an FPS though, the attention to detail was excellent.

I really enjoyed the final level in 3, as I do all the other Serious Sam games final levels.

News Comments > Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam
3. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 8, 2018, 23:40 Cram

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 22:28:
Didn't they do this before? I have both games in my Steam library but I know I didn't buy them. Still haven't played Pig Machine but did play some of DD. Yeah it was tense but didn't seem that scary. Especially compared to Outlast which freaked me the fuck out.

IMO Outlast was good at "startling" you, it was not scary. You'd jump for a second and go into action mode to stay alive. Dark Descent was actually, at times, scary. The dread was persistent throughout many particular levels/areas whether there was a monster around or not. Again, just my opinion.

News Comments > Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope?
6. Re: Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope? Feb 6, 2018, 18:00 Cram

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 17:14:
Why do so many AAA publishers have Canadian development studios? Is there something going on in Canada?

Tax breaks, I imagine.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released
8. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 10:37 Cram

necrosis wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 09:41:
NKD wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 00:37:
Slick wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 23:03:
Waited 15 years to replay this, not going to do it for $60. To the bargain bin!

Yeah $60 is a bit steep for a remaster of a single game.
Remastered with tons of bugs.

Game is plagued with the usual issue of the game running to fast if you have a monitor that runs over 60Hz like every damned console port in the last few years.

Is it possible some users have accidentally hit the fast forward button on their controller or keyboard? The button lets you double or quadruple the game speed at your convenience. Great for skipping dialogue scenes you've seen before or grinding out things. I, fortunately, have not experienced any issues on my 144hz monitor set in game at 60fps Vsync off. Not yet, anyway.

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
12. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 25, 2018, 02:32 Cram

Can I has a Baldur's Gate 3 instead?
Please can I has?

A product way past its day I suppose. Almost 18 years now since BG2? Good lord.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap
3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap Nov 13, 2017, 21:47 Cram

My only major gripe: still not being able to skip in-game cut-scenes like in previous games. Made a second playthrough more frustrating than it needed to be. Easiest example, of many, (very minor spoiler): beginning of the game, BJ and his parents.

Otherwise, excellent game. Kudos.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Launches
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Launches Sep 22, 2017, 22:05 Cram

Sadly, despite their betas and stress tests, the server crashes have destroyed this launch. This is awful (not the content, the servers).  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 21:34 Cram

Debra Wilson is, and always has been, badass as f**k.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Trailer
5. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 21:20 Cram

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 20:59:
Does anybody know if the mounts work in other areas of the game like the gliding they introduced in Heart of Thorns?

Yes, you can immediately use your mounts anywhere in the game. Core Tyria, Heart of Thorns maps, *probably* Cities (cities not 100% confirmed afaik) etc. No waiting months this time around.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 18, 2017, 20:08 Cram

Grats all around. Now, can you please....please finish the 'Divine' Divinity storyline.  

850 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo