Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 804 (Graduate)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
6. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 25, 2016, 23:50 Cram

Squirmer wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 23:29:
So is this an entirely separate installation? In which case save games won't carry over?

It is a separate installation, but on top of that a 64bit version of the game. I'm 99% certain save games will not carry over barring some kind of programming miracle. Hoping I'm wrong for those that want to continue.

I would recommend starting fresh anyway. After a month+ away from a save file for any game like this, who remembers what they were doing or what to do now anyway?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
3. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 20:46 Cram

A random Delilah appears...

I usually work Friday and Saturday nights. I have the 11th and 12th booked off. So very very Stoked!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Sales Soar; Free Content Coming
2. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Sales Soar; Free Content Coming Oct 21, 2016, 19:47 Cram

Good on them!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 20, 2016, 10:59 Cram

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 07:26:
Odd.
A friend of mine is running the game just fine on a 2nd gen i5 (stock speed) with a 280x.

Yeah. Couldn't figure it out. There are a few posts on the steam forums about stuttering, drag and fps issues but they didn't help me. Clean install of latest drivers no help either. I would be willing to blame a faulty GPU or something on my end, but I have absolutely no issues with, for example, DOOM which runs > 120fps with everything maxed. No issues with any other game either.

News Comments > Another Wolfenstein Sequel Hint
7. Re: Another Wolfenstein Sequel Hint Oct 20, 2016, 04:25 Cram

Wash Washburne wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 02:37:
It would be nice if the Nazis, that we were so generously murdering through out the game, were actually the Nazis from the Nazi Germany. Not some German speaking dudes in piss buckets for helmets, as if the devs were somehow forbidden from using any of the Nazi lore, wtf??!?

I wonder, have they forgotten that Hitler was a Nazi and we love shooting Nazis, and or Nazi Zombies??

I like the universe, and I'm very happy the franchise was given new life with New Order. That said, I much prefer RTCW (2001) and Wolf (2009) far more over the last two new games. The Old Blood was a little closer to what I enjoy, over New Order.

I would not mind going back to 1940's Wolf Era, and forget this whole 1960's storyline and setting ever existed. Personal preference, I know I am probably in the minority here seeing how successful New Order was.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 20, 2016, 04:12 Cram

Totalbiscuit destroyed this game... Not his biggest fan, but,

His WTF review was enough for me to request a refund, I had about 90 minutes of gametime. I was already having FPS issues (on a 290x) so even before this I was considering a refund.

Maybe TB was a bit too harsh, but if his points about how terrible the itemization actually is in this game then I am fine with requesting a refund. I have absolutely no interest in constantly having to stop playing to look at every single useless item to see if I can get a 2% potential boost to DPS. His video gave me flashback nightmares to Diablo 3's launch with itemization, and legendary items. How absolutely useless, under powered and awful they are.

tl:dr - have system issues with the game running sub 30fps on a 4.3ghz oc 2500k R290x computer, was considering a refund. TB convinced me that was a good call in regards to several major gameplay and design issues. Will revisit the game in a year, on sale. Maybe.

News Comments > David Brevik Joins Path of Exile
10. Re: David Brevik Joins Path of Exile Oct 19, 2016, 19:24 Cram

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:58:
Have any of you actually played Path of exile till the "end game" content of mapping?

I find it the combat way more fun than diablo or grim dawn.

I got into PoE, for a short time, last league and a bit this league/season whatever. Was able to...almost, solo Merciless Labyrinth before burning out. Last phase <15% on that butthole boss. The point being I have some experience with the combat system of PoE to get to that point.

Respecting your opinion, but Diablo 3 destroys this game for combat. It's not even close. In my opinion, anyway.

I am not familiar with Grim Dawn.

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
9. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 00:16 Cram

shiho wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 23:33:
Cram wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 23:13:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 22:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 22:14:
...go fresh with something in a post-apoc.
There's irony there.

Hellgate London needs a sequel.

*nosebleed*

Fun fact: I was interviewed by Flagship Studios for a job a few weeks before Hellgate London beta came out. Alas, they refused to be saved.

j/k nothing could save that piece of crap

Bullet dodged.

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
7. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 23:13 Cram

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 22:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 22:14:
...go fresh with something in a post-apoc.
There's irony there.

Hellgate London needs a sequel.

*nosebleed*

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
1. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 1, 2016, 20:57 Cram

"Josh Mosqueira, who joined Blizzard in 2011, had been serving as game director of Diablo 3. He replaced former game director Jay Wilson in 2013. Wilson recently left Blizzard after 10 years at the studio.

In an email to Polygon, Blizzard confirmed that Mosqueira has stepped down as director of Diablo 3 and is no longer at Blizzard."

Damn. Good luck to him though. He took almost everything Wilson got wrong, and made it right. Took everything Wilson got right (combat), and made it better.

News Comments > Colin Johanson Leaves ArenaNet
3. Re: Colin Johanson Leaves ArenaNet Mar 4, 2016, 22:25 Cram

The Commander of the hype-train is so Johandsome.
He'll be missed.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2016, 19:47 Cram

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Winter Patch
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Winter Patch Jan 27, 2016, 00:48 Cram

It's an OK balance/feature patch. Joined a late megaserver working on the Shatterer. I approve of the changes there, as well as the balance changes they made on several classes.

I appreciate their "EDIT" attempts at ongoing "/EDIT" support on what is a non-sub MMORPG. With every one of these patches, I sometimes feel like while they do take one step forward, they take two steps back. Their patches seem to consistently break other things, other systems. Seemingly non-related systems. Not much evidence of this in this patch though, yet. Jump pads during Shatterer are a bit f*d. It takes them forever to fix these problems from their own patches. Further still, there are still about 500 bugs from launch in the game, unaddressed.

These people absolutely care about their game. They do. I just don't understand how the company, Arenanet, works. If this was Blizzard's WoW, granted a Sub game, a lot/most/all of these similar issues that crop up would be instantly fixed in WoW. Many still stay unfixed in GW2, three years later.

But I do love the game. Problems not withstanding.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2016, 01:02.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans Jan 7, 2016, 00:45 Cram

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 00:33:
Am I missing something cause it doesn't look like it's been visually upgraded as the PC Gamer article mentioned.

You're not missing anything. It's emulated PSX rom on PC with maybe one or two, out of the dozens of, features ePSXe has.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2015, 15:18 Cram

Update on Idaho Lunch Lady, she has been offered to be re-instated if she wants. Near bottom of article.  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy VI Next Week
3. Re: PC Final Fantasy VI Next Week Dec 8, 2015, 21:39 Cram

ItBurn wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 21:21:
The Pyro wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 20:47:
My favorite FF ever! Unfortunately I've already played it so much that I don't think I could bring myself to do another run-through; there's just not that much character customization. Still, if you're nostalgic for JRPGs and never got around to trying FF6 then go for it!

I still listen to the orchestral versions of the music on a fairly regular basis. Some of Uematsu's best work IMO.

EDIT: Listen to Dancing Mad for example.

You know what? I've listened to dozens of remixes of that song and the best one is still the original. It was designed for the SNES sound chip. The music in that game is great overall. It's also the only FF game I like. But like you, there's no way I can bring myself to play it again.

The Black Mages remix came close, in particular the electric guitar solo'ish part during the final/Kefka phase part of the piece. However, I agree. The original has never been surpassed by any remix, from OCRemix to Uematsu's remixing attempts himself.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Using Unreal Engine 4
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Using Unreal Engine 4 Dec 8, 2015, 00:45 Cram

Bleeder wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 00:37:
I'd rather see a de-make of FF7 that's more like SNES FF3.
Go back further, and it exists

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Using Unreal Engine 4
9. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Using Unreal Engine 4 Dec 7, 2015, 22:22 Cram

harlock wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:46:
I mean, if they had to remake one, why didn't they remake best-in-class FF6 rather than

Do you honestly believe SquareEnix has any capability of remaking perfection? They would ruin Final Fantasy VI trying. Let them take FFVII and ruin that.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing Nov 30, 2015, 18:47 Cram

NKD wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 17:25:
ROM hack that fixes the sound to be SNES quality.

This exists? I shouldn't be surprised. Now I know what I must do; it has been too long since I heard the sweet subtle tones of Kefka's laugh.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans
11. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 22:35 Cram

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 22:30:
More evidence that path of exile is the better ARPG.

derrrrrrrp! Good jerb Bluesnews citizen! Gold star for contributing!

804 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo