Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 865 (Graduate)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2018, 11:44 Cram

Curious how the 2070 will stand against the 1080ti - Also curious how much stock will be left of the 1080ti's by the end of October as well.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
13. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 13:09 Cram

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 12:27:
Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:40:
Darks wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:26:
For the price of this card and the small amount of increased fps compared to my 1080 Ti FTW3. No thanks, Ill stick with my card for the next few years until these cards get much better, and faster. The current price of $1200 is beyond what these cards are worth.

The 2080 is the same price, more or less, than the 1080ti, is more futureproof, and does a bit better. If you're buying now, buying the 1080ti makes no sense.

As for you, do you routinely buy a new graphics card every year? You have the most powerful of the last generation. How many people actually buy a new card every gen? Did you also have a 980ti? Most people wait at least 2, if not 3, if not 4 or even 5 generations to upgrade. Unless you're demanding 4k or VR, 3 seems to be the sweet spot.

Sorry, but I disagree. I just bought a MSI 1080 ti new for under $400. With those prices it is asinine to purchase the 20xx cards.

Indeed, I'm seeing new 1080ti's upwards of $150-200+ (CAD) cheaper then entry level board partner 2080s (example: non strix Asus 2080). That's just browsing for a couple minutes comparing, there are likely even better deals with a little research.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
8. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 11:34 Cram

How absolutely disappointing. I appreciate the potential of the new tech, but by the time that tech is actually rolled out, adopted and matured a new generation of cards, or two, will have likely launched.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Nintendo Direct Sep 14, 2018, 17:30 Cram

Interesting Nintendo Direct. Some good stuff in there. Curious why Final Fantasy VIII didn't make that list for the Switch. While one of the more polarizing and debated FF's in the series (you either really hate it or you love it), it has still sold nearly 9 million units world-wide. I think it has sold several million more copies than Final Fantasy IX as well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan died in accident. Sep 6, 2018, 13:23 Cram

Damn The liquor will always let you down in the end.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Tomshardware Aug 29, 2018, 11:04 Cram

I'm starting to think that Just Buy It article is the tech industry's greatest dumbest article no one asked for ever written. The things a masterpiece.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 29, 2018, 10:12 Cram

NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 03:55:
Christ this guys voice is grating. Tried to get through it but I couldn't.

He's a hack fraud.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 29, 2018, 10:05 Cram

Anyone have roaming rates for T-Mobile, was it even roaming? How could a chess game and some basic background apps rack up $13,000 in 30 minutes? Hell I'm even surprised you can get speeds fast enough to rack up that much data so quickly while roaming and while on a moving plane. Though I don't claim to be any kind of expert on this stuff.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 26, 2018, 18:06 Cram

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:54:
Cram wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:25:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:13:
Maybe Tom's is just excited?

Been a reader of Toms for many many years; I was surprised at that article. It felt out of place for topics/ideas they usually write about. Felt way to sponsored, random, and to click-baity for them, IMO anyway.
If you've been there for year's then you seen the downturn.

cyberguyz from the hardforum said:
"Toms Hardware and Anandtech (now under the same big-box ownership) were actually a couple of the top go to sites when they were still owned by Tom Pabst and Anand Al-Shimpi. Nowadays I hardly ever tune in to Tom's and only bother with Anandtech when they have an actual in-depth tech article (getting really rare). Most of the time both sites end up being product promotion sites with 1-pager product announcements. Sad."

It definitely is not what it used to be, but no article in recent memory has made my head turn as quickly and as much as this one. The author has edited it to emphasize it's an opinion piece. Whatever. I have definitely noticed a decrease in quantity, and quality articles for things like CPU's, Monitors and GPU's. Those three topics are primarily what I read on Toms, or perhaps used to read if this is the future of the site.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 26, 2018, 17:25 Cram

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:13:
Maybe Tom's is just excited?

Been a reader of Toms for many many years; I was surprised at that article. It felt out of place for topics/ideas they usually write about. Felt way to sponsored, random, and to click-baity for them, IMO anyway.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 23, 2018, 17:28 Cram

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 10:39:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 05:18:
Try selling to someone here on Blues?

But he used it for mining.

So much mining, to the max!

News Comments > Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW
19. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 23, 2018, 17:28 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 12:29:
Darks wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 12:02:
Pretty low compared to previous addons.

setting a new day-one sales record for the franchise and making it one of the fastest-selling PC games of all-time

Come on dude it's right there.

Laugh2 Laugh2 Laugh2

News Comments > Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW
2. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 23, 2018, 11:04 Cram

Impressive. Congrats to WoW.

Co-Workers are trying to get me back into the game, but I'm two expansions behind and don't have the energy anymore. Hearing a lot of good things though.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2018, 22:00 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 19:13:
What I'll more than likely do if prices remain insane is trade off my 1080 and throw in some cash on top of it for my friend's 1080 Ti since he builds computers out of used hardware and call it a day.

Thinking the same way in getting what I can for my 1070 and get a 1080 Ti. Preferably new. I am not hurting for performance, I don't do 4k but it would be nice to use my 144hz 1440p monitor to its full potential. Gonna wait for trusted third party performance reviews of the 20xx series first before making any decision.

Anyone have any tips on selling a 1070? I ask because I assume most if not all prospective buyers will assume the card has been used for mining and potentially about to die. It hasn't, but I don't know if there is a way I can prove that?

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Trailer
9. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Trailer Aug 22, 2018, 21:47 Cram

Looks so slow..  

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
21. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 16:21 Cram

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 16:14:
US pre-orders for 3rd party cards have been up for a little bit now, most are sold out. All for $1200+ for the Ti across the board. Without any benchmarks, or even so much as knowing what the fucking core frequency will be... blood in the water, they don't give a fuck. It's been so long since the last gen people will buy it regardless.

Now they've proven that they'll sell @ $1200 for a Ti minimum, that's the baseline. $999 is a fucking dream. And that USD, I can't wait to see the $1600-$1700 Canadian variants.

This is a shit show, too bad, cause the BFV demo walkthrough looked incredible

Memoryexpress is taking preorders in Canada, and yep the Asus 2080TI is preorder of $1650, reg 2080's around $1150; still looking over other models.

LOL

News Comments > Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"
15. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 17:00 Cram

Icewind wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 05:11:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 01:58:
What I'd really like to see is Diablo FPS. I want to shoot firebolts and chain lightning at demons!

Hellgate London?

That didn't go so well.

Flagshipped

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Announced
3. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Announced Aug 9, 2018, 11:49 Cram

ItBurn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 11:36:
Torchlight 2 is a terrible game. We just replayed it and gave it a fair chance, but after a while we just alt+f4'ed out of the game never to return. Because of that, I'm not too excited about this... They better have learned from their mistakes and competition.

I still go back and play Torchlight 1 with a few mods from time to time. Really enjoy that game, the music etc. However, agreed with you on Torchlight 2. I beat the game once, at launch, and I was done. I have tried playing it a couple times since then and can't even get past the first couple hours before giving up.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2018, 11:59.

News Comments > Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"
2. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 14:42 Cram

I think an HD Diablo2 is likely, even if it requires a complete overhaul of the whole game. They can't just take D2 as it is right now and slap widescreen support on it with higher resolution. Enemies, one of the issues for example, work by line of sight in that if they can't see you on the screen at 800x600 res they won't aggro. Boost that up to 1080p res, you'll be able to see thousands of monsters and they won't be able to see you/aggro at all and attack you until you're damn close to them physically.

Likely a card or mobile game too. Now, Diablo 4 (and will it be a sequel or prequel?) or maybe World of Diablo? Something different? I think we can all probably agree though that it will require Always Online and have a Cash Shop at the minimum.

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2018, 12:18 Cram

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 09:28:

It's on track to lose several hundred million dollars. $350 in theater sales isn't much when compared to a $250 million original budget + $200 million reshoot budget + $150 million marketing budget. (I'm taking those numbers from a YouTube film critic's video,

Scientist Man for President.

865 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo