Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On April 22, 2006
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 1018 (Pro)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Shadowlands Alpha Beginning

7. Re: World of Warcraft Shadowlands Alpha Beginning Apr 7, 2020, 17:34  Cram 

Drayth wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 17:20:
Cram wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 16:58:
Can you play this game is mostly any order now? At least after the level squish? I imagine for a returning player (after many years) or a brand new players the shear wealth of content and expansions must be unbelievably overwhelming..

After the new expansion if you roll a new character you can start in a brand new level 1-10 instance; then you choose one of the previous expansion zones which can take you from there to whatever the level you need to be to start the new expansion itself is (50 I think).

Interesting. Thanks!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Shadowlands Alpha Beginning

4. Re: World of Warcraft Shadowlands Alpha Beginning Apr 7, 2020, 16:58  Cram 

Can you play this game is mostly any order now? At least after the level squish? I imagine for a returning player (after many years) or a brand new players the shear wealth of content and expansions must be unbelievably overwhelming..  

News Comments > RESIDENT EVIL 3 Breaks Out

5. Re: RESIDENT EVIL 3 Breaks Out Apr 3, 2020, 15:39  Cram 

aww Thanks Blue  

News Comments > RESIDENT EVIL 3 Breaks Out

1. Re: RESIDENT EVIL 3 Breaks Out Apr 3, 2020, 12:14  Cram 

22% off on Green Men Gaming  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 12:45  Cram 

Sorry to hear that Cutter.

If there is a fund / in lieu of flowers request from the family please let me know.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 31, 2020, 10:32  Cram 

The 4900HS is ridiculous. They might finally get some serious OEM support now. What a beast of a CPU.

The Zephyrus is seriously impressive (powered by the 4900HS) of course but what a great looking package at a very reasonable looking price.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2020, 16:13  Cram 

Xero wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 11:24:
I kind of forgot about the FF7 Remake and don't ultimately care if it does or does not come out on PC but does anyone know if they're plans for it?

I think we can safely assume it will come to the PC. No, it's not officially confirmed yet. However they've been putting literally everything else on the PC the last few years. Even have some more remakes, like Trials of Mana (remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 / Secret of Mana 2) coming out next month on Steam. Demo is great.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Killing It

35. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 26, 2020, 17:52  Cram 

The Marauders are the worst part of DE for me.

They can be downed with some strats, somewhat easily. But when they show up randomly, you can often kiss all your one-ups goodbye especially if they're surrounded by mobs. So that leaves you with nothing for the rest of the mission, unless you restart from the beginning.

The Marauders are the definition of interruption to game flow. Again, before anyone retorts me, yes they can be killed somewhat simply in ideal conditions without losing a single life. However, ideal conditions is rare/non existent in this game and a few of the Marauders spawn points are random.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2020, 11:26  Cram 

Was in the middle of typing a comment about how cluster'f'y the bullets looked all close together, refreshed the page and saw it had been fixed (it was messy). Looks good now, though never had an issue with how it was.

Well played Rob.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

2. John Luck Pickerd Mar 25, 2020, 14:36  Cram 

The show has been VERY meh, but I'm still very much looking forward to tonights/tomorrow mornings finale. I just have to assume there will be a big twist of some sort, maybe leading into Season 2. I did read a leak (no spoilers I promise) that has been making the rounds the last couple weeks, sorta hope it's bogus.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Mar 25, 2020, 14:09  Cram 

Neat. If it plays pretty similar to a Demon Hunter, which it looks like it does, might pick this game up.

Can't say I cared much for Torchlight 2, found no replay-ability in that one at all, but still the price was right. Torchlight 1 was great & Uelmans soundtrack was on par if not better then his work on the Diablo series. Got eyes on this one.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

8. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 15:43  Cram 

I would be very interested (or maybe not) to know if the console version was dumbed down difficulty wise. Not, because if it's the same game and people are destroying it with a controller...well then I really do suck.

I have absolutely no idea how you could play this game on a controller, not referring just to the platforming. How the hell do you fight a Marauder on a controller, never mind one that's surrounded by an army of demons. As others said, tons of systems and chaos.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

2. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 11:20  Cram 

Game was pretty good, and exhausting (in a good way) - finished the campaign. Never had to mentally focus so much on an FPS before. I am in no rush to go through it again, especially on a higher diff. Think those special little Marauders f**ks will haunt me in my dreams for a little while. Once you figure them out it's not too bad, so long as you're not surrounded by other demons.

On to the multiplayer!

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Released

23. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 17:36  Cram 

Drayth wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 17:34:
Cram wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 15:00:
I dunno, unless you feel all the platforming still defines this Doom as Doom on Roids, if you maybe know what I'm trying to say. Doom never had this level of platforming or metroidvania (though simple) exploration with said platforming. It's like both styles of games, on roids. Still pretty early in the game, but have come across the Super Mario Bros circular rotating fireball things. So that's a thing too lol.

So you're saying it's Doom on (Met)Roid's....?

You win today lol. Bow

15. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 15:00  Cram 

Drayth wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 14:58:
Cram wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 13:59:
This game is the product of if Doom 2016 and Metroid Prime had a baby. It feels so much like Metroid Prime (with gore and splosions). I'm fine with that, I'm sure many won't be.

So you're saying it's Doom on 'Roids?

I dunno, unless you feel all the platforming still defines this Doom as Doom on Roids, if you maybe know what I'm trying to say. Doom never had this level of platforming or metroidvania (though simple) exploration with said platforming. It's like both styles of games, on roids. Still pretty early in the game, but have come across the Super Mario Bros circular rotating fireball things. So that's a thing too lol.

9. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 13:59  Cram 

6600k@4.5, 2080 Super. 160-200fps in clusterfuck dogfights at 1440p second to highest maxed settings "Nightmare" - haven't tried Ultra Nightmare yet. Just an FYI on performance others might get against the recommend specs discussion a week or whatever ago. 4 core 4 thread cpu is surviving fine, but it is running at 90-95% usage at all times in task manager.

This game is the product of if Doom 2016 and Metroid Prime had a baby. It feels so much like Metroid Prime (with gore and splosions). I'm fine with that, I'm sure many won't be.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2020, 12:16  Cram 

Zirthimon wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 11:20:
I supposedly preloaded it yet today I go to boot it up and have suddenly 40 gig to download. Given the state of the net and the strain due to people all on at the same time this is not ideal.

If you're using the Bethesda launcher and preloaded, once the game "unlocks" it takes like 20 minutes to unlock all the data, it's weird.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal at GameStop Today

7. Re: DOOM Eternal at GameStop Today Mar 19, 2020, 12:28  Cram 

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 12:21:
Yeah, not sure why games like this are still being made. I mean, I do respect id software for their contributions over the years, but really, who are they catering towards, 60+ year olds who can't tolerate change?

/s ?

News Comments > Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse Announced

1. Re: Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse Announced Mar 18, 2020, 20:12  Cram 

I think I'm viewing something wrong, all this leads to is a project that was/is supposed to be released in 2018. Including info in the FAQ. will re-read.

Edit: hmm nvm, still confused what is happening here though.

Depressing Comic week is my favorite time of the year with these guys.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Preloads

5. Re: DOOM Eternal Preloads Mar 18, 2020, 12:21  Cram 

purecharger wrote on Mar 18, 2020, 10:17:
Post about DOOM Eternal and all comments are about DOOM 64. Lol stay retro folks.

Laugh2

Some youtubers who I enjoy their content have had nothing but good things to say about this game. More specifically the fan made stuff I guess. I want to give it a shot before Eternal, but I guess it's packaged with it somehow on launch.

I would imagine it has mouselook and other configurable controls. All the fan made stuff does. But no, I can not confirm.

Edit: I am getting pretty pumped for Eternal. The last couple weeks have been rough, for everyone of course. Hoping for a smooth launch and a fun Thursday and Friday Night (apparently it launches Thursday at 9pm PST ) Looking forward to Res Evil 3 and Trials of Mana afterwards.

1018 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >