Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 876 (Graduate)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday
4. Re: Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday Jan 8, 2019, 22:08 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 21:54:
As excited about the game as I am and how much I would like to play the demo I want to go in to it as blind as possible. RE2 is my favorite game of all time and I want to do as much as I can to recapture the excitement and uncertainty of the game like it's 1998.

I haven't been this excited about a release in a very long time.

That's awesome! Give us a mini review once you're done the demo!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday
1. Re: Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday Jan 8, 2019, 20:12 Cram

ok...

Maybe not exactly related, but I really miss the days of Computer Gaming World & Pc Gamer demo discs. More specifically, I miss the anticipation to getting a demo for a game I'm interested in. This gimmick shit doesn't work for me, because I am elderly now I guess. One shot demo?

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Zelda Dec 27, 2018, 10:52 Cram

Cease and desist in 3...2...1...  

News Comments > Path of Exile Betrayal Launches
10. Re: Path of Exile Betrayal Launches Dec 7, 2018, 20:32 Cram

games Error 37'ing like crazy

Damn the massive increase in population and popularity of the game

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski: "I am NEVER making another game"
11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 16, 2018, 10:34 Cram

Kajetan wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 10:27:
WaltC wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 10:26:
Ah, Bleszinski, the "Epic doesn't need the PC" genius. He always struck me as a PR guy brimming with bad ideas.
Remember Bill Roper?

I member! Member lifetime subscriptions?

News Comments > Path of Exile: Betrayal Announced
1. Re: Path of Exile: Betrayal Announced Nov 13, 2018, 21:16 Cram

I assume it's a good time right now for PoE and moving forward.

Interesting time-stamped podcast interview with GGG Founder Jonathon Rogers - he talks about Diablo Immortal and mentions their upcoming 4.0.0 versions mission is (was?) to take on a Diablo 4 among other things.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2018, 21:30.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 2, 2018, 19:04 Cram

The salt right now  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
1. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 11:58 Cram

The bitter taste this game left in my mouth has never gone away. No thanks.

All the Flagshipped posts on Bluesnews in 2007 were hilarious though.

News Comments > PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up
16. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 22, 2018, 23:34 Cram

Want so bad - Asking for advice

Don't own a console, don't own a 4k TV. I could get both, but I won't just for one game; would have no use for the TV beyond that. I do own a 1440p monitor with HDMI etc (Dell S2716DG). Will either the PS4 Pro or Xbox1X work with it, and will the console do its upscaling or whatever they do to work at 1440p? Would there be any negatives like, such as input lag, to worry about?

News Comments > Blizzard "Working on Different Diablo Projects"
9. Re: Blizzard Oct 17, 2018, 21:40 Cram

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 21:09:
Diablo Auction House. We removed all the irritating gameplay elements, now you can just focus on what you really loved!

Now you're talkin!

News Comments > Blizzard "Working on Different Diablo Projects"
1. Re: Blizzard Oct 17, 2018, 19:25 Cram

The Diablo hypetrain has gotten a bit out of control around the Internet - speculation is rampant and ridiculous. There is a growing divide forming in the fanbase, and it's hilarious. D1 remake vs D2 Remake vs D4 etc. It's good Blizzard posted this to curb expectations a little bit for Blizzcon.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2018, 11:44 Cram

Curious how the 2070 will stand against the 1080ti - Also curious how much stock will be left of the 1080ti's by the end of October as well.  

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
13. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 13:09 Cram

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 12:27:
Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:40:
Darks wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:26:
For the price of this card and the small amount of increased fps compared to my 1080 Ti FTW3. No thanks, Ill stick with my card for the next few years until these cards get much better, and faster. The current price of $1200 is beyond what these cards are worth.

The 2080 is the same price, more or less, than the 1080ti, is more futureproof, and does a bit better. If you're buying now, buying the 1080ti makes no sense.

As for you, do you routinely buy a new graphics card every year? You have the most powerful of the last generation. How many people actually buy a new card every gen? Did you also have a 980ti? Most people wait at least 2, if not 3, if not 4 or even 5 generations to upgrade. Unless you're demanding 4k or VR, 3 seems to be the sweet spot.

Sorry, but I disagree. I just bought a MSI 1080 ti new for under $400. With those prices it is asinine to purchase the 20xx cards.

Indeed, I'm seeing new 1080ti's upwards of $150-200+ (CAD) cheaper then entry level board partner 2080s (example: non strix Asus 2080). That's just browsing for a couple minutes comparing, there are likely even better deals with a little research.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
8. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 11:34 Cram

How absolutely disappointing. I appreciate the potential of the new tech, but by the time that tech is actually rolled out, adopted and matured a new generation of cards, or two, will have likely launched.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Nintendo Direct Sep 14, 2018, 17:30 Cram

Interesting Nintendo Direct. Some good stuff in there. Curious why Final Fantasy VIII didn't make that list for the Switch. While one of the more polarizing and debated FF's in the series (you either really hate it or you love it), it has still sold nearly 9 million units world-wide. I think it has sold several million more copies than Final Fantasy IX as well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan died in accident. Sep 6, 2018, 13:23 Cram

Damn The liquor will always let you down in the end.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Tomshardware Aug 29, 2018, 11:04 Cram

I'm starting to think that Just Buy It article is the tech industry's greatest dumbest article no one asked for ever written. The things a masterpiece.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 29, 2018, 10:12 Cram

NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 03:55:
Christ this guys voice is grating. Tried to get through it but I couldn't.

He's a hack fraud.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 29, 2018, 10:05 Cram

Anyone have roaming rates for T-Mobile, was it even roaming? How could a chess game and some basic background apps rack up $13,000 in 30 minutes? Hell I'm even surprised you can get speeds fast enough to rack up that much data so quickly while roaming and while on a moving plane. Though I don't claim to be any kind of expert on this stuff.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 26, 2018, 18:06 Cram

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:54:
Cram wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:25:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:13:
Maybe Tom's is just excited?

Been a reader of Toms for many many years; I was surprised at that article. It felt out of place for topics/ideas they usually write about. Felt way to sponsored, random, and to click-baity for them, IMO anyway.
If you've been there for year's then you seen the downturn.

cyberguyz from the hardforum said:
"Toms Hardware and Anandtech (now under the same big-box ownership) were actually a couple of the top go to sites when they were still owned by Tom Pabst and Anand Al-Shimpi. Nowadays I hardly ever tune in to Tom's and only bother with Anandtech when they have an actual in-depth tech article (getting really rare). Most of the time both sites end up being product promotion sites with 1-pager product announcements. Sad."

It definitely is not what it used to be, but no article in recent memory has made my head turn as quickly and as much as this one. The author has edited it to emphasize it's an opinion piece. Whatever. I have definitely noticed a decrease in quantity, and quality articles for things like CPU's, Monitors and GPU's. Those three topics are primarily what I read on Toms, or perhaps used to read if this is the future of the site.

876 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo